Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 11, 2020 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I feel like this episode got more serious in terms of the character interactions. I do find it interesting that Shinako and Haru got some alone time together to understand each other better.

On Rikuo's side, he's kinda still sorting out his feeilngs. Still really love the background visuals of this show. It looks very in depth, almost like a work of art.
Apr 11, 2020 11:30 AM

Jul 2017
damn I'm really diggin this colour palette, although it seems more fitting for a fall anime than a spring one

but this situation is giving me serious DomeKano vibes lmao. Like the sensei (Shinako) being more conservative with her feelings and choosing to hold them in whereas the younger one (Haru) being more open about them

although given that whole gray "friends" biz I just hope it doesn't end up being like I Want to Eat your Pancreas with how it concludes their relationship
Apr 11, 2020 11:35 AM

Feb 2019
Yay waited all week for more Haru chan. I really enjoy her personality and design. The art style and aesthetic are really pleasing and the overall vibe of the show is very relaxing. For a studio that’s usually CGDCT, DG have done very well with this so far.

Does this dude have a paper clip as an earring? Lol

Japanese work culture summed up: https://imgur.com/a/aM5OnIV

That scene in the park gave me 5CM per second vibe. Two people who are so close, yet so far away.

Nice contrast we’ve got set up here with a younger person liking both shinako and the MC

Yep the second park scene with Haru and Shinako solidified this as my anime of the season . I love romance/pain like this. It hits different when you’re single, alone and depressed. “I think I’m tired of being in love” I felt that.
Apr 11, 2020 11:39 AM
Sep 2016
I'm pretty sure I've fallen in love with this series. Almost nothing has come close to it in terms of quality and overall feels I'm getting from this.
It really do be like that though.

Apr 11, 2020 11:54 AM

Mar 2019
First of all the art is on another level here !

I like the vibe of a heavy melodramatic show but still delivers a light one instead! although now that I decided that Haru is the one we must protecc and how Shinako stated that she hates this feeling which I assume "her feelings towards Rikuo's is changing but she still got feeling for dead man from the past" means Haru's Declaration of war is accepted..

and Deadman's too-poor-to-afford-cheap-earrings brother is just here to complicate things I assume! didn't read the source material so I'm diving blind and I love it !
Apr 11, 2020 11:55 AM
Jul 2014
I feel so bad for all the characters, their feelings not getting resolved but its ineteresting to see how they react to them, break ups arent easy to deal with. Also I really love the fact that they are not holding off information and we got to know everything right off the bat
Apr 11, 2020 11:57 AM

Mar 2016
I liked the first episode, but this was just people getting together to talk about other people. For 20 minutes.

Thought it was going to be kind of a dramatic slice of life, but it looks like drama has already taken over their lives completely.
Apr 11, 2020 11:57 AM

May 2015
Solid episde, but it needs more crows.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 11, 2020 12:06 PM

Oct 2012
I liked the first half of the episode, but the last part left me a bit disappointed. Tbh I think it would've been more interesting if Shinako was in love with Rou lol I was going full "YES FOR THE 2 AGE DIFFERENCE COUPLES"... Too early to say, but this is leaning more for Rou getting to know Nonaka and Shinako ending up with the MC. In romance aspects I'm not really satisfied, but it's waaaay to early to say anything.

I want more focus on the fact that the MC is not an honorable member of society and we didn't get it this ep, unfortunately. Hmmm... It wasn't bad, but I liked the first one more and my expectations were leaning in another direction, I think. Waiting patiently for more~
Apr 11, 2020 12:10 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Yup, I'm sold. First episode was really good but this episode just sealed it for me.

Absolutely digging the mature and melancholic vibe of this. It's going to be crying time soon I'm sure but I really love this kind of Romance too.

Characters feel just as genuine as the first episode and the feelings not getting resolved just gives off the realistic outlook to this.

Gee, does that childhood friend have a paper clip as an earring. I couldn't get my mind to focus during that scene of him barging into the shop because of that, lol.

Very much looking forward to more! I'm getting a nasty feeling that Nonoka will be getting the short end of the stick in the "competition" here...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 11, 2020 12:12 PM

Jul 2017
Excellent episode.

This is such a great adaptation of the manga so far, from the good pacing to the excellent audiovisual presentation used in this anime. The animation is stellar and the background art looks really good too, topped with a beautiful color palette. Tower of God might have my favorite visuals of the season/year so far with its unique, stylish, refreshing and detailed art but this is a very close 2nd.

Haru and Shinako are both very good for me, and the relationship continues to progress in a realistic manner of sorts, without leaning too heavy into melodrama as of yet. I love the manga and the anime is really doing it justice so far so good job to Doga Kobo.
Apr 11, 2020 12:20 PM

Nov 2011
Tremendous episode.

The character building has been fantastic. The characters themselves just being so freaking real makes this anime so good.

Like Haru being in love with Rikuo doesn't even bother me as it would in other anime due to the realism.

Usually by episode two in these types of series I can choose which girl I like better. But both Shinako and Haru are both so different and unique I really enjoy them both. I do not even know who I want Rikuo to end up with. Hell at this point I just want all of them to be freaking happy!

EDIT: Oh and you know what I noticed and it's little things like this which makes anime so much better. THE ACCURACY OF THE DAMN CONVENIENCE STORE! I do not think I have ever seen an anime where behind the counter they show actual cigarettes boxes. Little things like that I love.
SoraSenpaiApr 11, 2020 12:27 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 11, 2020 12:31 PM

Apr 2014
syncrogazer said:
I liked the first episode, but this was just people getting together to talk about other people. For 20 minutes.

Thought it was going to be kind of a dramatic slice of life, but it looks like drama has already taken over their lives completely.

Yeah, I kind of feel the same. Expected more SoL about the MC struggling about finding a purpose to his life and his place in the society, but the drama seems to be predominant.
Apr 11, 2020 12:37 PM
Jan 2020
i said it last week and i'm gonna say it again if they don't sing yesterday in this series i'm gonna have some problems. other than that i thought it was a good episode.
Apr 11, 2020 12:42 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I'm enjoying this series so far and I like the ED.
Apr 11, 2020 12:45 PM
Sep 2013
god damn my feeling. only 2 episodes. Glad I'm eyeing this one early
Apr 11, 2020 12:50 PM

Nov 2016
I can't help but draw parallels to Natsuyki Rendezvous. It's not just to the tone, but the starting position of this love triangle shares also some similarities - the super natural elements of course.

Really good stuff so far and it's good to know that this will have whopping 18 episodes. Pretty much ideal length for this kind of series.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 11, 2020 12:53 PM

Aug 2013
Finally, great drama anime. I waited so long for something like this.
Definitely my favorite series of this season.

SoraSenpai said:

Usually by episode two in these types of series I can choose which girl I like better. But both Shinako and Haru are both so different and unique I really enjoy them both. I do not even know who I want Rikuo to end up with. Hell at this point I just want all of them to be freaking happy!

Yeah, same here.
rsc-plApr 11, 2020 12:57 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 11, 2020 1:00 PM

Feb 2020
I LOVE this show the characters actually seem realistic but to be expected from a Seinen show, like when Haru said “loves just a trick of the mind, I think once it happens it doesn’t stop until you see some kind of conclusion” damn I felt that. That aside not the most interesting 20 mins compared to the last ep which was a lot more fun but you can still feel it building the drama to something great..since I haven’t read the manga. I like this show so much I’m losing all interest in the other shows coming out right just thinking about this one, can’t wait for next week :D

Apr 11, 2020 1:00 PM

Nov 2019
Is this going to have an opening?
Apr 11, 2020 1:25 PM

May 2018
Ok so we have 2 mature people, the girl has a decease Boy friend and the younger brother is making a move on her, the guy loves the girl but ex joskausei keeps getting in the his way, basically this anime has a very complicated romance...
Apr 11, 2020 1:34 PM

Sep 2017
Alright that's what I'm talking about. Everything has come together to make a real great drama going forward. Looking forward to this.
Apr 11, 2020 1:58 PM

Jul 2014
Oh for the love of God, not another damn haircut. I feel like at this point, it's more of a fetish than a trope.

Good to know more about Shinako's past, I feel like I like her more now. And after this episode, I can see her as the "winner". Which sucks for Haru, whom I love and we haven't even begun to know her. I don't want to see her sad.

I don't know what to think of the brother, I just hope he doesn't do anything stupid or become a nuisance.

I love this show, my AOTS so far.
Apr 11, 2020 2:07 PM
Aug 2018
the imagery between the boyfriend of the professor and rikuo it feels so damn sad. I feel so much sentiments in this series.
A open war is started with nonaka and shirako.
the memories of the past plus the decision of rikuo.
what a great series is gonna be
Apr 11, 2020 2:24 PM

May 2019
The art is absolutely beautiful. This was a heavy episode.

Are we going to see a love rectangle or something?

The new boy is cute tho
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Apr 11, 2020 2:28 PM

Mar 2008
Maybe it's true that this anime started being animated in 2018, because this is more well made than a lot of movies.
Apr 11, 2020 2:35 PM

Oct 2010
Something about the art is really really appealing to me. Just lovely IMO. And the atmosphere is really strongly coming across in every way from voice acting, scenery, BGM, ect. Still my favorite of the season so far. Character development moving a long nicely - I just hope to see some appeal points for our MC soon lol
Apr 11, 2020 3:06 PM
Mar 2018
Ugh, it really does feel like Domekano. just kinda.. better?
Apr 11, 2020 3:16 PM

Mar 2017
Episode 2 and I've already been shot through the kokoro and I know this is just the tip of the iceberg!

Even though the character designs in this anime aren't anything flashy, I really love them! Each character has such an individual look without being extravagant. It's so visually charming
Apr 11, 2020 3:33 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I can't get over how great this show looks.

A lot of passion went into this.
Apr 11, 2020 3:38 PM

Jun 2016
I, in the first moment, dropped this episode at 16:00 coz I was so triggered and mad, i can relate to Rikuo so bad. After taking a very deep breath, i watched the rest and came to a conclusion: I WISH I HAD THE COURAGE HE HAD TO CUT THAT SHIT OFF
Apr 11, 2020 3:45 PM

Dec 2015
What he is reading anyway?
Apr 11, 2020 3:47 PM

Jun 2013
Very good episode even if it did make me a little sad.
Apr 11, 2020 3:52 PM

Dec 2014
hmm nice more character development
Apr 11, 2020 3:52 PM

Sep 2011
I don't know how to feel about Rou yet. And I understand trying to get to know more about Uozumi since he loves Shinako, I still don't know if as a woman or as a big sister but it's most certainly the former, but why talk about his late brother and her to a man who was a complete stranger like that? I think we needed to know about her past, but I don't know if this was the best way to go about it. Welp, I thought I would like Uozumi the most, but so far Shinako has been more interesting to me. Of course it's just the second episode and this might change.
Apr 11, 2020 4:01 PM

Apr 2015
I am impressed so far! Animation, facial expressions and even the soundtrack is really nice! If they manage to keep this up, might become one of my favorites of the season!!

Some nice character development this episode! Shinako lost the one she cared the most about before things could become serious.. Must have been tough :(
Apr 11, 2020 6:01 PM

Mar 2019
Wow.
I can already tell that this is gonna be a banger. This amazing art with an amazing story and some tear jerking moments, i'm loving this!
Apr 11, 2020 6:03 PM

Aug 2018
Anyone else bothered by the use of Comic Sans on the main title card?

Otherwise absolutely loving this so far. The direction and little animated details make it.
Set SCE to AUX
Apr 11, 2020 6:33 PM

Mar 2016
I've been excited for this series for months since the synopsis and artwork I could find looked so good! I'm really happy that this is as good as I hoped!!! <3
Apr 11, 2020 6:34 PM
Sep 2016
I think there's annoying chara in here, and more more complicated problem to reaolve for them. It's veri difficult choice for them to choose.
Apr 11, 2020 6:49 PM

Mar 2019
I love this type of episodes/series....

Where you feel many things and at the same time you feel nothing at all...

And then, you end feeling something you dont even know what it is...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Apr 11, 2020 7:09 PM

Nov 2010
I gave relatively a high valuation for the first episode, but it's getting too melodramatic, cheesy and annoying. Also the art style using rough contour is like a low resolution video sometimes. They should have mixed some other technique to remove jags naturally and adjust the line width according to the scale.
Apr 11, 2020 7:16 PM

Sep 2019
The animation, soundtrack and scenery is just as i expected it to be. I know this is going to be good from the first time i saw the pv.

Definitely looking forward to this.

P.S Rou really need to find a new earring. Why is he using safety pin as an earring....

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Apr 11, 2020 8:38 PM

Jan 2018
kuroneko99 said:
...but it's getting too melodramatic, cheesy and annoying.

I feel the exact opposite. In fact, I'm glad we're finally getting a no-nonsense series that actually paints things as they are. In only two episodes I've said to myself, "yep, this is exactly how this would play out in real life" more than every other anime I've ever seen combined. I guess actual life experience plays a part in it, though.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Apr 11, 2020 8:40 PM

Oct 2008
oh the drama! but this is getting better! and i like it!
5/5.

Apr 11, 2020 9:16 PM

Nov 2018
SkyLETV said:
Oh for the love of God, not another damn haircut. I feel like at this point, it's more of a fetish than a trope.

Right there with you; there's very little I hate more than the "long-haired character butchers their hair to 'make a change' in themselves" trope.
Apr 11, 2020 10:15 PM
Mar 2015
The parties put their cards on the table
Apr 11, 2020 10:18 PM

Feb 2014
The relationships just got more complicated this episode. Though it seems normal and fine going , there's a lot going on in between. Just hope some of those hopes are realized. Though I hope Haru would be the one.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 11, 2020 10:55 PM

Feb 2019
Love it again. Things got more serious and complicated this time around.

Gotta admit, I'm a sucker for lost love in the past, like Shinako and Rou's brother. It's tragic and heartbreaking but I can't get enough of it.

I don't have a preference for Shinako or Haru yet, but I'm leaning towards Shinako.

As for them stopping being friends... that's sad. But I think that's the first time I've seen in anime people actually stopping being friends because one rejects the other romantically and they decide, in words, that they should stop being friends because it's just a farce of a friendship now.

I wonder where it'll go from here now. Will Shinako eventually move on and develop feelings for Rikuo?

Waiting for next week!
Apr 11, 2020 11:42 PM

Mar 2019
Digging the emotional and character development so far. I can sympathize with Ricuo as being a previously graduated student and wanting to continue his life how he wishes it to be, i term it as trying to live and survive. The progression seemed quick with his relationship with Shinako, but it was cool and not overly dramatic how they revealed her inner issues and what it means for their relationship. SOLID plot building and character bonding, 4/5!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

447 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 24, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zyjJanApr - May 9, 2020

150 by SadMeat »»
Jan 29, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

123 by komikvalentine »»
Nov 18, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

204 by littlebiglyon »»
Nov 15, 2023 2:56 AM

Poll: » Yesterday wo Utatte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

292 by Fumikko »»
Jun 28, 2023 2:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.