Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kakegurui - Compulsive Gambler -
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 26, 2019 10:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh Yumeko, all that investment was part of her plan. She played them with this election and now stands at the top.

If only I can take her more seriously since she still has her regular orgasmic face even in the finale LOL. This was a strange season honestly. I found most of the new characters forgettable but Yumeko still reminds me how crazy she is.
Mar 26, 2019 7:41 PM

Aug 2017
Indeed. It was a good season despite some weird arcs. 7/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 26, 2019 10:34 PM
Mar 2018
i don't find this last chapter as an ending for this season of this anime it felt next weeks comes a new chapter
Mar 27, 2019 4:41 AM
Apr 2010
They definitely left it open for a new season, especially with that clip of Nozomi vs. Ririka gambling together.

But we don't have enough material for a new season. For now, it's only enough for 2 episodes.
Mar 27, 2019 10:16 AM
Jan 2019
I can not believe Batsubami is a woman, he cheated me completely. What a surprise!. It is an inverse "trap" 😅. I think it's more than clear that the person Batsubami was fond of was Jabami's mother. I would not be surprised if in the future he offers to help Jumeko.
By the way, what madness to bet everything to "face or seal". Typical of Jumeko 😁.

Well, that's how it ends this season, but the bet continues. I'll be waiting.
Mar 27, 2019 10:08 PM

Jul 2016
Well... I'm an idiot, since episode 3, I've convinced myself that Rei was a guy all along and then, the flashback of her past is shown... but well, honestly, I should be glad she's actually a girl since I was finding her voice way more seductive than what I would be willing to admit in public.

Regarding the episode, I'm not sure but I felt it was rushed for moments, especially the parts where Rei was losing her temper. That said, I'm also a bit disappointed about how fast she was defeated I mean, I was expecting something more since she was the last "boss" of this season but she ended up being just a minor threat.

Anyways, as a whole, this season wasn't something really special, there were arcs that I didn't find that entertaining and some of the new characters weren't that memorable either. Honestly, I found the first season way more enjoyable than this one. 5/10
Mar 27, 2019 11:37 PM

Jun 2008
Oooooooohhhhhh K

I think it’s episodes like this why Kaiji will reign supreme in the “gambling anime” genre.

The biggest problem with this anime (IMO) is that it lacks a clear motivational drive for the MC.

I’m not saying it’s bad per se, but for us the audience we want to see MORE than just “oh, she’s a crazy gambling girl who gets off to this shit” type of stuff....at least I do.

This anime series is fun and all...and I DO like Yumeko....but it falls short.

What I wouldn’t give for another season of Kaiji and his crazy adventures!

Anyways, 7/10 for this season, it was fun and all...but until I see something more, all the interesting aspects of this anime simply won’t do it justice.

P.S...Suzui or whatever the fuck that dude’s name is, might be the most pointless male character I’ve ever seen in any anime, I fully understand that he’s in the series to give the audience a SANE character to “relate” to, but they give him almost NOTHING to do other than be a cheerleader or say how crazy Yumeko is or whatever.
--ALEX--Mar 27, 2019 11:42 PM
Mar 27, 2019 11:40 PM

May 2015
"I can only rely on my fellow council members!"
*Ikishima bids 10*
Hahaha! Based Midari!

Yumeko is just manipulating the game now...by the way...how many auctions are there going to be?

*one vote*
Midari: "Hey! Get a move on!" hahaha!

Oh..so whoever was training Yumeko was the one who also gave Rei her hairpin...

Final episode of the season eh? There's probably going to be a season 3 based on how this ended...

Kakegurui xx...Well, it's a little better than the first season, but just a little. Other than that, it's pretty much the same as last season. Hopefully we get more Midari in the next season if it happens.

Final Verdict: Treasure Chest/10
Mar 27, 2019 11:56 PM

Oct 2013
yeah I don't get the point of Rei in Kakegurui at all
not at all
Im even willing to say she was truly a pointless character
Mar 28, 2019 12:47 AM

Jan 2013
What a crock of shit of a season.
I didn't like the first season, but this one just aggravated the problems I had with the series.

Non-sense gambles that are won by plot armor and cheating, cardboard cut-out characters, and ugly goat faces.
Mar 28, 2019 12:57 AM

Feb 2014
The one Rei admired and the one who lost it all in a gamble was Yuumeko's mother?
Damn if that's so then Yuumeko is the wild Joker in a pool of decks. Really want to see further addition to the story.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 28, 2019 1:31 AM

Aug 2009
FesterTY said:
Great episode. I'm confused with the scene at the end where Nozomi was challenged by the vice president. The arc doesn't end here? And why were people saying that the arc ended at episode 10? Can somebody explain what arcs have this season covered? I am beyond confused right now..

The arc that ended in episode 10 was Tower of Doors, which was for some reason shuffled in the midst of the election arc although it chronologically precedes it. Episodes 11 and 12 are almost entirely anime-original. What is not anime-original is that brief teaser near the end with Nozomi and Ririka about to gamble, which is a set up for the next gamble that comes in the manga. I was hoping they would adapt that in the last two episodes (which would make the anime catch up completely with the manga), but oh well...
metamorphiusMar 28, 2019 1:36 AM
Mar 28, 2019 2:19 AM

Feb 2011
I got pretty much what I expected out of this season.. hasn't surprised me in any way but still a relatively enjoyable ride. 6/10

I doubt another season will ever see the light of the day.
Mar 28, 2019 2:35 AM

Nov 2014
I actually quite enjoyed the first season, but this season just seemed pretty weak might just be me though.

Hopefully, the 3rd season is better if there even is going to be one.
Mar 28, 2019 4:07 AM

Jun 2017
Well, that's that. This was a good season but I think I like the first one better, especially when you compare the endings of both anime.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Mar 28, 2019 5:37 AM

Aug 2013
Too bad this shit went original again for its final two weeks. I wouldn't expect a season 3 for a long time unless it is a completely original script just based on the concept of the series or a route written by the author as a one-off. I'm really disappointed that they jumped into the election arc the way they did especially since it was kinda half-assed. Though I'm grateful for the first season getting me hooked enough to read the original material, this second season just made me feel so hollow. 6/10
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 28, 2019 6:32 AM

Dec 2015
I go with 7/10 - same I scored the 1st season. While the 1st season was interesting most of the time and got boring near the end (didn't they put anime original stuff there as well?) this season was better at the end. Liked the action setup and how Yumeko managed to manipulate the others.

Tower thing was nice as well. Only some of the games in the middle or beginning were boring. (The card game and the poison stuff were really boring.)
Mar 28, 2019 6:33 AM

Nov 2016
Pretty weak finale tbh, but I still hope we get another season in the future.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 28, 2019 6:50 AM

Nov 2014
now this season was a huge waste of time
it literally was getting worse each episode
Mar 28, 2019 7:30 AM

Feb 2008
WolfDFireLeo said:
I think it's more than clear that the person Batsubami was fond of was Jabami's mother.

dasprn said:
The one Rei admired and the one who lost it all in a gamble was Yuumeko's mother?

Her sister, actually.
Mar 28, 2019 7:59 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty ‘meh’ finale, in all honesty. It’s a pity how the Season started off so strong but got progressively worse, especially more so in the last two episodes and somewhere in the middle was the slump, as it went on.

While the introduction of the Momobami Clan was totally lit in the first episode along with that awesome drum beat, it just feels as though they aren’t all that special anymore. Terano is probably the only one barely keeping up with Jabami and Kirari’s madness but it’s evidently just about time before she lags behind too. Favourite gamble of this Season for me was the very first with Erimi and the Tower of Doors was pretty darn good too. Final gamble was so-so but it was certainly amazing how Jabami managed to control the flow of the gamble unsettling nearly everyone participating.

Rei Batsubami sure has been through a lot but deciding to revolt and take revenge against the Momobami Clan by inviting the unpredictable Jabami Yumeko is just a really stupid, or overconfident if you will, decision on her behalf. It’s no wonder that the Momobami Clan treats their former compatriots as slaves considering how this very school is like, but I certainly didn’t imagine it’d be this insane. Good thing Yumeko’s late(?) mother was there for her for a while. Considering how Yumeko’s mother lost everything because of gambling and that Yumeko nearly doing so too by placing all of her assets and life into a coin flip, just goes to show how insane beyond conprehension she really is. I wonder if the loses from then on are a part of the grander scheme or something like a 0 to 100 move during a critical moment. Meanwhile, Terano and Kirari seem to be having some more ulterior motives in mind but it’s good to see Terano admitting Yumeko as the ‘Joker’. Careful now Terano. Rei’s new confident look in the end clearly suggests something, I’m curious to know if the meeting with Kirari is the reason behind that.

I’m a little disappointed we didn’t get to see the Election arc in its entirety but the anime has nearly caught up to the original source, in other words the manga, now so it’s really a pity. Hopefully, there’ll be a 3rd Season in the near future which will conclude this whole arc.

As such, I personally enjoyed the first season more for its diversity in a sense that we got to see so many phases of Yumeko from dangerous combatant to slave and then back up to even greater heights and just a slight bit more unpredictability into the fray. For this Season, it was assured from the get-go that we’d see Yumeko win and it actually remained that way throughout so a little underwhelming of sorts. Moreover, there were fewer Characters around and this Season introduced a bunch more who, quite frankly, were just ‘meh’. Sound Department, on the soundtrack-side surely improved a lot and this ED was a little better too but I think I just prefer the older Op a touch more. Animation seemed to have improved a touch too especially during the start of this Season, the vibrant colours and the usual extreme facial expressions, the shows’ trademark now, were a treat!

Overall, I’ll award this show a solid 6/10, a downgrade from last season 7/10.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 28, 2019 8:15 AM
Jul 2018
The last two episodes were anime only arcs, which is why it feels out of place.

We probably won't get another season for awhile, since the manga is still covering the elections.
Mar 28, 2019 9:01 AM

Jun 2011
Deknijff said:
yeah I don't get the point of Rei in Kakegurui at all
not at all
Im even willing to say she was truly a pointless character

She was there to prolong and make a second season. Without her mini-arc and small appearances, they wouldn't have had enough material to make 12 episodes. They started on a second season without enough material from the source manga and I would assume didn't want to veer off completely and make an original ending or anything. If you think about it, all the votes Yumeko won in the last episode were said to have been "lost" with her gambling session after the credits.
Mar 28, 2019 9:22 AM

Dec 2014
wait was this the original ending...I kinda like it.... how did the manga portrayed it...nice.... totally liked the episode
Mar 28, 2019 9:58 AM

Sep 2011
The gambles on this season are quite boring to me compare to the first season.

Mar 28, 2019 11:23 AM

May 2018
Ok, so in the end Rei Batsubami gets back into the Momobami clan, even though she lost twice to Yumeko.

She looks pretty in her feminine out fit.
Mar 28, 2019 1:06 PM

Mar 2012
Nice series, although the last episodes I liked a little less. Of course, the winner is Yumeko who, as usual, does not disappoint.

Score: 7.5/10
Mar 28, 2019 2:33 PM
Jan 2016
Yumeko managed to manipulate other with her crazy moves, i was expecting more about Rei, she was easily beated in her own plan as "last opponent of last episode"!

Flashback about Rei with her encounter with Yumeko's mother was cool to see!

It didnt feel like a proper ending, i find it weak, and looks like they kinda teased a 3rd season, i trully hope for that!

Yumeko will be always the same awesome and crazy MC, Mary this season was more awesome than previous one!

Rei changed at the end after her encounter with Kirari, looking forward to know, if we will have a 3rd season!

Tower arc was my favourite arc, without shadow of doubt!
LimaolcMar 28, 2019 2:44 PM
Mar 28, 2019 3:33 PM

Feb 2015
Pretty much a copy and paste from season 1. Honestly in surprised it even got a second season, scratch even the surface and there isn't much her except Organsam faces and gambling.

Still enjoyable to watch one bit it's got zero rewatch value. I'll give it a generous 7/10
Mar 28, 2019 3:50 PM
Jan 2018
Anyone know when about season 3 is coming out??
Mar 28, 2019 4:31 PM
Apr 2018
Batsubami as a boy looked whatever. When she revealed herself to Yumeko she was hot with the messy hair and whatnot. Her dressed as an actual girl though? Anyone else think she was trying too hard? I didnt dig it.

And was it Yumeko's mom or sister in that flashback? I see a lot of different responses.
Mar 28, 2019 6:00 PM

Feb 2018
Like, I'm not sure that I understood everything (first season was for sure more clear for me). Can someone explain it to me briefly? ;'D
Mar 28, 2019 7:31 PM

Oct 2015
I felt bad for Rei though because I liked her reason for doing the thing she did. But it looks like she has changed from her tom boy look and went to a more girly one, and she looks happy too. But sometimes they overpower Yumeko too much, even I don't root for her anymore because you she'll win.

Overall this season wasn't that fine, it lacked the fire and blaze from last season. There wasn't intensity or major events that you could take away from the show. Where is Yumeko's backstory or the emotions of gambling? For me now I take this show now as just plain gambling with Yumeko as the victor in all of the games. Her animation has shrunk from last season, she looks like a kid. Let me not bash it too much, all in all it was bad.

5/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 28, 2019 10:38 PM

Feb 2014
Zetsuji said:
WolfDFireLeo said:
I think it's more than clear that the person Batsubami was fond of was Jabami's mother.

dasprn said:

Her sister, actually.

Is there any source to it?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 29, 2019 12:23 AM
Nov 2016
The last 2 episodes are pretty awful, annoying moment, dull dialogue and the most disappointing about Rei and other students background storyline. Especially that the new characters are pretty forgettable and only few characters are memorable and likable. Jabami Yumeko, Saotome Mary and other 1 to 2 characters are great development and more crazy moment only. All I can say what the hell is rushed finale? 1/5 with the final episode. Compared with the season 1, this is weaker than last season for imo. Thus, Kakegurui xx is downvoted from 9 to 6 or 7 for me.

Overall, I only rated season 2 is 6.5/10 and low rewatched value or mediocre value dislike Run with the Wind (the 2nd cour with Fall 2018), Dororo (2019 remake), The Promised Neverland and Kaguya-sama: Love is War highly value with 7 to 10 in this anime seasonal. I hope the next season could be getting better on the future.
Bore55Mar 29, 2019 12:36 AM
Mar 29, 2019 2:06 AM

Aug 2016
Rei looked better with her boss look compared to the feminine look at the end. Feels good though, I would've been really sad if she had a bad end.

By the way, no idea how everyone forgot this. I'm 95% sure that it was Yumeko's sister and not her mom. Because wasn't in the first season wasn't it said that her sister was hospitalized and empty as a person or something. If I remember correctly like Yumeko was stacked with cash and there was a visualization of her sister in the hospital bed making thousands of cranes out of the money that Yumeko gives her.

It was a meh ending but I'm glad the outcome came out this way. Although I'll miss that look when Rei reveals her face. I think that's up there for coolest looking female character in an anime.

Also, where does everyone get the idea that Rei was male? Has no one been paying attention at all? The word "she" was used many times prior. The female students loved her not because she was an attractive guy but because she was a cool woman.
Spookie_SenpaiMar 29, 2019 11:56 AM
Mar 29, 2019 3:17 AM

Feb 2019
Tbh Rei is kinda pointless for me, i like her backstory, but her whole effort for revenge in anime in the two last episode felt weak for me because she lose so easily, but thats not a surprise because Yumeko always win somehow.
Mar 29, 2019 3:40 AM

Jan 2016
How dare they do that to Rei, she looks worse. I like how she was before
Mar 29, 2019 6:57 AM

Jun 2015
Is Rei a original character? or she was part of the manga?
btw season ending was so crap! its weird that they made a s2 without enough material!
Mar 29, 2019 7:25 AM

Jan 2013
last ep felt like a rushed and stupid collage. also motives of low self esteem gal felt short and petty. she would have better knew her place and remained furniture like in umineko lol. the beauty of gambling lays within the moral dilemma of sir schrödinger's catbox. there is no beauty in it, only raw disgust. iow, yumeko was f-ing annoying this season. 0/10. futile to even score.
Mar 29, 2019 7:35 AM

Feb 2018
Rei lost a gamble from Yumeko. I didn't expect that Rei was a girl.
Mar 29, 2019 8:26 AM

Oct 2010
what a hilariously bad anime

copy pastefrom my own personal reviews

180. Kakegurui×× -this anime is just fucking garbage. It's incredibly repetitive and predictable, all the characters are the absolute same (except the guy and Mary, the blonde). Everyone in this anime from season 1 is basically super reckless and unreasonable and suicidal, they always push to the limit until the last straw in which the main girl always wins (Yumeko) and the enemy gives up or loses cus plot armor. There's no thrill or excitement or anything, it's not gambling, they make up random shitty ass fucking games on the fly with random non-existent stakes and you're supposed to be shocked by its drama or something? There's nothing shocking bout it. Literally all the chars are the same until the very last step in which Yumeko keeps being insane and retarded and keeps going while the enemies give up. The only normal functioning char is the blonde because she actually sounds and reasons like a human being for the most part. Waste of money to produce this crap, they look good but the anime is fucking trash, it's not fun or exciting or reasonable or good. Its a cringefest full of bullshit and hot school uniforms

i don't know how can anyone take this shit seriously? The only good thing in this entire anime is Mary and even she can't carry this disgusting trainwreck,

the lapses of logic, the fake forced drama and the repetitiveness is just way too much

HEY GUYS I BID MEIN KOKORO FOR THRE BILLION DOLRARS AND YMEKO BID HER HOUSE FOR THREE BILLION LETS COIN TOSS XD XDXDX DXD X DXD XD
lots of music -
Mar 29, 2019 8:36 AM
Aug 2017
OMG!! I love this series soo much! I heard the last 2 episodes where anime originals, so does anyone know what the last chapter that was adored into the anime is?
Mar 29, 2019 8:56 AM

Mar 2015
Liked this season more than the first one, but once again the finale was really weak lol

Also Rei in boys uniform > Rei in girls uniform
Mar 29, 2019 1:18 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So Rei had that much pain within huh. Being reduced to the status of a slave though sure must have made Rei's life hell. The death of the first person that showed Rei kindness though was the spark that started his path though. If anything Rei's been laying the groundwork for this plan for some time and now we can see just how well planned it was. But despite his trap it was pretty satisfying seeing the cast gradually turn the tide. In a way Yumeko proved to be a pretty potent force in this election battle because as the joker she can enjoy gambling while frustrating both sides. Looks like in the end Rei was the one that managed to win as she managed to break the chains that restrained her.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2019 9:38 PM

Jan 2013
Yumeko gets crazier with every new episode and i love it hahaha
That change from 101 to 1 vote xD

So she was the daughter of that woman that gave Rei that brooch.

Her insaness is what keeps this anime alive.
Another fantastic season, and i really hope there will be a 3rd one in the future ;)

Great OP/ED, and the plot of course xD With every new season the plot gets even crazier haha

Oh and btw, Rei for sure lost! I just love the way how it ended, 4min left and i was like "ok they are not going to show this bet and will tease us to read the manga or wait for another season to know the results", but no, i was wrong xD When she said "you won't mind then if we end this bet with a coin game", i was holyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy shiiiiiiiiiiiit xD I totally forgot that i was watching the craziest anime ever haha

Not sure yet about the score but 8-9/10, a great sequel to the 1S!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 29, 2019 9:53 PM

Mar 2019
The ending was totally coherent with the characters involved, Yumeko with her insane addiction and Rei would gain no matter what the result of the coin toss.

Ive been rather bothered by the fan translators that kept putting Rei as a man. It's a female voice talent. Her interactions with the admirors was pure yuribait as always in this show, only this time it was a tomboy - a very cliche yuribait as cliche as the usual titgrabbing

Baits and cliche are acceptable as long as you are captivated by the show, so I'm captivated, I accept it all and bring it on with season 3

after maratoning this i'm going to read the mango of course
my dark magical girl webseries
https://unsafemahoushoujo.wordpress.com/blog/
Mar 30, 2019 12:24 AM

Dec 2016
So that's season two over, without pretty much any developments at all with most of our characters who are in the same position as they were at the start of the season, so that's pretty dumb lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 30, 2019 2:16 AM

Apr 2013
compare to season 1 the results are simple... NOT ENOUGH ORGASM, BRING BACK THE ECSTASY!
The ending could be better but it's still nice to see season2 of this anime, hopefuly we will get 3rd one where Yumeko will have to gable against Kirari.
Mar 30, 2019 2:58 AM

May 2009
I wonder if Netflix will be enough to get another season again. Hopefully manga concludes Election arc before it.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2019

55 by kyledluffy »»
May 29, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2019

86 by kyledluffy »»
May 28, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2019

70 by kyledluffy »»
May 28, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2019

72 by kyledluffy »»
May 28, 12:27 AM

Poll: » Kakegurui×× Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2019

67 by bubba460z »»
Mar 4, 5:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.