Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 24, 2019 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nino vs Miku!

That was fun. There's even some fan service this episode with the after shower scene. That escalated quickly. And all those suggestive photos too lol. Fuutarou is going to have a hard time dealing with this and I can't blame him. His life just gets more hectic with every episode.

Jan 24, 2019 2:43 PM

Apr 2016
The tsundere sister was not a disappointment, she is as annoying as she can get, literally the only thing missing was the good old accidental boob grab.

"I dont think ill ever get along with her" - says a harem MC
Jan 24, 2019 2:52 PM

Apr 2015
Somehow I ended up in Food Wars!

That moment I instantly had to google "Dutch Baby"... I am dutch and I had never heard of it. Appearently it's a German Pancake, the more you know.

Either way, eventho Nino's personality sucks, she seems to be a pretty good cook! Unlike Miku, who cooked something that didn't look very appealing. I suppose it still tasted alrght.

Futaro mistook Nino for Miku, meanwhile Nino doesn't have her lenses in and mistook Futaro for Miku. Good guy Futaro protecting Nino from those falling books and gets punished for it instead. That body though, so perfect and to think all 5 of them are exactly like that!! As post before me stated, the boob grab was missing XD

Miku is definitely best girl for now!
CeddyyBearrJan 24, 2019 2:59 PM
Jan 24, 2019 3:04 PM

Dec 2014
Here comes the Nino. With her personality she might not be the easiest one to get along with; however her point of view is very relatable imo. She wants to protect the space she and her sisters live in, she doesn't want intruders to ruin their relationship; albeit Ichika already hinted at internal problems between them.

I'm biased toward Nino, however she is not a book to be judged by its cover.
Jan 24, 2019 3:05 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm its nice to see Miku show some genuine interest in Futaro after their bonding last ep. The mature feel sure suits Ichika pretty well. Nino's strike sure proved to be pretty effective at taking away all of Futaro's momentum. It was amusing seeing Nino and Miku fight though. Their dishes sure were quite the contrast. Miku's reaction to being praised sure was cute. Hmm the sisters sure are pretty well endowed for their age. The little trial of Futaro sure was entertaining due to Miku and Nino's little argument. Despite the fact that she seems to be losing ground seems Nino is determined to not accept Futaro. Looks like things are getting harder though. An interesting ep that did well to expand upon Nino's character while also showing the developments to Miku's as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2019 3:20 PM

Feb 2015
Nino seems like a pain on the ass, probably the least likeable so far. Miku is great though, she needs to take those headphones off sometime though.
Jan 24, 2019 3:37 PM

Jan 2016
Man, Miku is adorable! Nino was irritating on the other hand, but I'm sure that I'll come to like her eventually

I'm mostly interested in the older looking sister with light pink hair, her job seemed "shady" to say the least. Also she's probably my second favorite sister after Miku right now purely based of her attitude (and looks)
Jan 24, 2019 3:44 PM
Mar 2017
Nino is quite unbearable, she managed to ruin Fuutarou's study session without any problem, but best girl Miku does not fall for Nino's cheap tricks.
I laughed a lot when the study session became a food war.
Poor Miku did her best, but her Omurice did not fit in front of the plate that Nino did, but in the end none won, thanks to Fuutarou, although in spite of that Miku looked very happy (that's what matters, if Miku is happy, we are all happy).
Things got good when Fuutarou must go back to the girls' department because he forgot something and when he enters he finds one of the girls who just came out of the bathroom, Fuutarou thinks is Miku and continues as if he had not seen anything, but For his bad luck was Nino, the worst thing is that she thinks she talks to Miku. Nino says why she hates Fuutarou, but with her tantrum she makes some books fall on her, but Fuutarou saves her (and he gave us a spectacular gift image). Miku in the bathtub was 10/10
Itsuki arrives at the worst moment and things do not look very good for the poor tutor.
The trial of Fuutarou was very funny, seeing Miku being best girl is still a pleasure for the eyes, she is all blushing. Itsuki do not get in that fight or you'll get hurt.
In the end Fuutarou is declared innocent and Nino gets upset with the result and flees.
Although Fuutarou tried to understand Nino, she declared war on him and told him that she would make sure that he did not succeed in doing the classes, even if that made her sisters hate her.
Apparently the next episode Raiha will reappear and it seems that she will meet the rest of the Nakano sisters.

I feel that this episode only served to reaffirm that Miku is a best girl.
Jan 24, 2019 4:11 PM

Mar 2016
CeddyyBearr said:
Somehow I ended up in Food Wars!

That moment I instantly had to google "Dutch Baby"... I am dutch and I had never heard of it. Appearently it's a German Pancake, the more you know.

Either way, eventho Nino's personality sucks, she seems to be a pretty good cook! Unlike Miku, who cooked something that didn't look very appealing. I suppose it still tasted alrght.

Futaro mistook Nino for Miku, meanwhile Nino doesn't have her lenses in and mistook Futaro for Miku. Good guy Futaro protecting Nino from those falling books and gets punished for it instead. That body though, so perfect and to think all 5 of them are exactly like that!! As post before me stated, the boob grab was missing XD

Miku is definitely best girl for now!

I'm glad someone else here is also riding the Miku train like I am
Jan 24, 2019 4:17 PM
Nov 2018
Excellent episode but that last few minutes was such a clifhanger that it's ridiculous how we need to wait one week to watch the next episode.
Jan 24, 2019 4:19 PM

Dec 2014
Nice episode.

Contrary to most people, I kinda like Nino. She just cares deeply for her sisters and doesn't people intruding on their personal space. Don't know what happened between them but it looks like she took it the hardest and really wants them to go back to how they were before.

While Miku was savage with her comments to Nino, I personally thought she's got the looks. I actually really like her design. XD

Miku's blushes whenever Nino told her to stop doing it cause of her feelings for Futaro was so cute. <3
Jan 24, 2019 4:40 PM

Nov 2017
Heavily disliked this episode.

plz @ me
Jan 24, 2019 4:57 PM
Jul 2018
All the girls have so much personality and will probably grow as the series goes on, but man, I could not stand Nino. There is a fine line between cute and frustrating when it comes to tsunderes and she crossed that line. Ihave a feeling that she’ll be a well-done character in the end but right now I want to slap her in the face. Just want to get that out there.
Jan 24, 2019 5:40 PM

Nov 2016
At least I have a worst girl now :P

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 24, 2019 5:41 PM

Dec 2016
Nino is just impossible... what a troublesome girl -_-; she's so mean and also very annoying!

Who will be the next one? By the looks of it, I think its Ichika's turn :) can't wait to see it!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 24, 2019 5:57 PM

Jul 2017
Miku is really growing on me. God she's great.

And Nino? Meh. Don't care for her
Jan 24, 2019 6:33 PM

Jul 2015
This ep firmly established Miku as best girl for me. And Nino is fucking annoying as fuck. Can't wait to see the "this is why you shouldn't hate nino" episode and see if it justifies her poor attitude towards the mc.
Jan 24, 2019 6:56 PM

Aug 2013
Miku is probably the only character I like out of this series right now.
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 24, 2019 7:48 PM

Jan 2017
Well it is expected that Nino would get all the hate since it's just the beginning, but all of you just wait and see her character development.

...on second thought I think the anime wouldn't go that far. Too bad they probably wouldn't be able to show that arc where Nino would suddenly climb from the bottom of the rankings since it's only has 12 episodes.
Jan 24, 2019 7:58 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I loved all of the Miku and Yotsuba moments in this episode, but I'm really starting to fucking hate Nino....She's such a huge bitch for like no fucking reason -_-
Jan 24, 2019 8:11 PM

Jan 2018
Lol, so many people hating Nino but I can't blame them I mean she's become even more of a bitch in the manga but I don't think we'll get there to see those ch animated. Also.
Jan 24, 2019 8:16 PM

Jan 2013
Nino is annoying. at first main sister was the bottom before having SOME redeeming qualities, but Nino easily took that spot. at least so far
Jan 24, 2019 10:00 PM
Jul 2016
Man all these anime only people spouting their dislike of Nino. Ha, us manga readers were in the same position way back when we first started reading. I completely understand your feelings, but it’s just hilarious to see you guys go through the motions. It’s too bad the anime might not get a 2nd season. I guess the rise of the Nino Gang will just have to stay within the pages for now.
Jan 24, 2019 10:41 PM

Apr 2015
Andy_REV said:
Man all these anime only people spouting their dislike of Nino. Ha, us manga readers were in the same position way back when we first started reading. I completely understand your feelings, but it’s just hilarious to see you guys go through the motions. It’s too bad the anime might not get a 2nd season. I guess the rise of the Nino Gang will just have to stay within the pages for now.

This intrigues me, I have gone through a simular experience in Shokugeki no Souma. Just like Nino, I didn't really like Erina Nakiri, mostly to do with the attitude towards the male lead. But by the time season 3 started I really started to like Erina. So if this doesn't get a second season, I will definitely go read the Manga and experience what you said. I appreciate development like that!
Jan 24, 2019 11:06 PM

Jul 2017
Im sure i'll get to like Nino at some point, but the fact that she shares VA with Kirino from OreImo is just making it harder for me
Jan 25, 2019 12:41 AM
Dec 2017
Well, for the time being I am on miku side. The other one makes me go REEEEEEEE. If miku doesn't won the war I will be pissed
"Life isn't always bright as daylight, the real personality of every person is when the night comes and the moonlight that shines through the dark hours."

Jan 25, 2019 12:48 AM

Jul 2017
Tsundere = trash
don't @ me
Jan 25, 2019 1:46 AM
Mar 2018
All these Nino haters don't understand at all...at least until we get to that chapter in the manga that is. If the anime would even go there at all.
Jan 25, 2019 2:45 AM

Mar 2016
Tentaman said:
All these Nino haters don't understand at all...at least until we get to that chapter in the manga that is. If the anime would even go there at all.

It’s normal to not like Nino at this point in the story though. The anime unfortunately won’t get to Nino’s best parts this season.
Jan 25, 2019 3:13 AM
Jan 2019
This anime is so pleasant, if you had a bad day just watch this anime and you will be happy (the opening is not insane but you feel also happy). It's not the anime of the year but it is very good <3 #teammiku
Jan 25, 2019 4:21 AM

Apr 2018
Nino isn't a tsundere and she is best girl
Jan 25, 2019 4:32 AM

Jun 2017
This was a fun episode, seeing a Cook off between Nino and Miku. Also seeing Miku develop even more feelings for Uesugi is really cute. However, seeing Nino with only a towel to cover herself was the highlight of this episode. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jan 25, 2019 5:48 AM

Jul 2014
Absolutely terrible episode, focusing on a terrible and obnoxious character in Nino. That's then topped off by the crappy situation where Futaro is accused of "attacking" Nino but, rather than just explaining exactly what happened and exactly why he was there like any normal person would, he decides to stutter and hesitate to drag the misunderstanding even further. Such a thing is by far my least favourite anime trope that I come across with any frequency (it would be the whole "walk into a girl's room while they're changing and get slapped thing, but I've not seen that in ages) and this is one of the dumber cases for it.
Jan 25, 2019 5:58 AM

Jul 2017
Nino is a tsundere and she no is best girl for me.
Jan 25, 2019 7:19 AM
Jun 2017
Is no one going to comment on this monstrosity?
Jan 25, 2019 8:34 AM

Apr 2018
Cielli said:
to be fair this ep (for the most parts) had better animation quality than last week's ep

@Daidalos24 she really isn't a tsundere and i don't mind tsunderes

PS:NINO BEST GIRL
AkerakaiJan 25, 2019 8:37 AM
Jan 25, 2019 8:53 AM
Jan 2016
Haha Miku is the best!!! She's really nice and honest to her feelings, her action represents her feelings. And yeah Nino is not a bad girl, she just want everything back to normal because she loves her family so much...
Jan 25, 2019 9:14 AM

Jul 2011
Like I previously said in the last episode discussion, Nino is such a chore. She'll be unbearable for a couple of arcs until she redeems herself. It's not too difficult to understand her perspective but the way she goes about it creates this negative impact around her. And yes I understand that it's the much needed shake up to their relationship for further development but that doesn't make her likable just by being the catalyst of it all. But hey, the end result is she's good now and I guess that's all that matters.

Miku just gets better from here. My fave is still Yotsuba though. Pretty underrated imo but that's fine because I like her not necessarily because I think she deserves to be the end girl like Miku. I like her becomes she's such a sweet girl. Hopefully more people appreciate her character.
Jan 25, 2019 11:01 AM

Jun 2015
So far miku best girl and nino worst girl, she gonna be a tsundere
Jan 25, 2019 11:42 AM

Dec 2009
They're all best girl, but Miku is an angel above even that XD

They're all lovely pure-hearted girls. I would love to be even friends with them~

What's with all the psychos shitposting in this episode forum LOL

It's like nobody is even enjoying or appreciating the show at all, all anyone seems to care about is their retard "who is best girl" bullshit...
And disliking an ep because of a char you disliked for petty shallow reasons? My god. What happened to the days when anime watchers were experts at spotting purity even beneath unfriendly façades?
GenesisAriaJan 25, 2019 11:54 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 25, 2019 11:43 AM
Apr 2018
Miku is the best. Just reading the manga proves that. Itsuki is awesome too though.
Jan 25, 2019 12:55 PM

Jul 2013
I knew Nino would be shit since the first episode, but this episode (especially the ending) has cemented her as the absolute worst girl. What a cunt.
Jan 25, 2019 1:10 PM
Jul 2018
I hear Uraraka and Kirino
so i enjoy this episode. but im team Itsuki. and nino i dont like so much
Jan 25, 2019 1:10 PM

Dec 2009
Congintive said:
Lol, so many people hating Nino but I can't blame them I mean she's become even more of a bitch in the manga but I don't think we'll get there to see those ch animated. Also.
People are just ultradumb these days... It used to be pretty standard for people to see through it. It's pretty obvious she's a good girl just going through a moody period, and yet everyone's like "WORST GIRL, WHAT A BITCH!"... I'd say the people trashing her for petty reasons are more the bad people here than the girl who just loves her sisters and doesn't want this weirdo messing with their family life. Her motives are in total earnest, which is the mark of a good person.
GenesisAriaJan 25, 2019 4:36 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 25, 2019 1:30 PM

Aug 2013
Cielli said:

Seriously, you're going to take a snap of any in-between frame that's not even visible at all if you're watching it? It's like 0.2sec.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 25, 2019 1:39 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Nino needs a solid, top of the line steel toecap enhanced kick in the ovaries. What a immature little child she is.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 25, 2019 1:58 PM

May 2016
There's even some fan service this episode with the after shower scene. I love this episode so much.
Jan 25, 2019 3:04 PM

Jul 2015
well miku the best girl and nino ... well she makes me frustrated

Well...
Jan 25, 2019 6:04 PM

Dec 2014
well like Miku best so far...but glad to see Nino open up too
Jan 25, 2019 6:47 PM

Nov 2011
Nino is the WORST! Even for a Tsundere she's just garbage dude. Miku is x10 better then her.

I guess Ichika is some sort of Server? Need more Miku in my life
SoraSenpaiJan 25, 2019 6:53 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

307 by Taokaghoul »»
Sep 16, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2019

167 by SpaceDreamSD »»
Sep 5, 4:55 PM

» Missing soundtrack?

QTG128 - Sep 1

1 by MikamiSatoru_ »»
Sep 1, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2019

239 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Aug 27, 12:01 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2019

123 by Questod »»
Aug 17, 4:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.