Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 23, 2017 5:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this was an eventful finale. Yua manages to find the courage to give Chiaki a gift, the main girls dressed as maids at work, etc. Heh, Hinako got kinda lost around town but at least she had her cellphone on.

It kinda felt like any other episode but I still found it fun to watch.

In general, I think this show was good. Nothing extraordinary but easily recommendable for anyone.
Jun 23, 2017 5:52 AM

Jan 2012
Well it wouldn't be a finale without one last time wearing the maid costumes. :D Nice to see this series remain as lovely as it was from the beginning. :) Overall this was a pretty standard cgdct show. Honestly the big thing, or things, that stood out were/was the several fanservice shots. A lotta ecchi-esque poses of the girls sprinkled into the cgdct festivities. Especially of Chiaki and Hina...which definitely had absolutely nothing to do with them being my favorites, no sir. :D Normally I'd say that's uncommon for this type of series, but then again Urara Meirochou and Bakuon!! had plenty of that in recent memory, and Minami Kamakura/Long Riders! to a lesser extent, so maybe it's more common nowadays than I'm giving credit. Anyway, my rambling aside this was a solidly enjoyable 7/10 cgdct show for me. Pretty middle of the pack, which admittedly for me is a very big pack. :D I'm not expecting more but would definitely watch if we got it.
animefan8800Jun 23, 2017 6:00 AM
Jun 23, 2017 6:49 AM

Apr 2010
There is only one bad thing about this episode.
It's the last episode besides that it was a nice episode.
The cafe was filled with guys for ones tho.

Anyway it was nice that everyone wanted to give Chiaki chocolate.
Jun 23, 2017 7:11 AM

Jun 2011
It wasn't bad, but wasn't the best SOL I've seen. Hopefully Summer offers something better.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Jun 23, 2017 7:26 AM

Dec 2014
Nice finale though it didn't even feel like one.

Mayu making those chocolates and getting all embarrassed was adorable, Yua trying to give Chiaki her chocolates was adorable too.

Chiaki is quite popular, that might be an understatement. :3
That delinquent flashback was hilarious. XD

Kuina making the most of Hinako getting lost. XD
The girls decide to take a sneak peek at Suzuran before heading off to enjoy the play. :)

Overall, it was a fun and enjoyable SoL. Nothing too special and definitely not the best SoL I've seen but it was still quite enjoyable. The characters were all really cute and adorable and their interactions were always pretty fun to watch. Some of the lewd cosplay and poses were awesome though. XD

7/10
Jun 23, 2017 7:28 AM

Sep 2016
hinako note is a mistake
extremely boring anime with boring setting, boring characters and conversations
it's so boring that I need to use x3 speed to finish it
the final episode doesn't even feel like final.

Sad! 4/10
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jun 23, 2017 8:08 AM

Oct 2015
A very enjoyable and sweet one until the end, really liked all the characters an easy 8/10 score.
Jun 23, 2017 8:14 AM
Apr 2014
No sexy end card
0/10
Series 7/10, same I give for all the other generic cgdct anime, this was nothing special but it did have some decent fan service
Jun 23, 2017 8:28 AM

Jun 2015
This was a sweet finale. Yua couldn't give Chiaki her gift because she was nervous and other people were surrounding her. She managed to give it to her in the end. The girls went to see a play, and on their way, Hinako got lost. That was amusing. She was moved by the play. This was a nice SoL.
Jun 23, 2017 8:33 AM

Jan 2015
Aaww Mayu making her own homemade Chocolate for Aki in the middle of a cold night, but Yua's effort for giving the chocolate to Aki seems harder. Even though both of them using the same "chant the name four times" method while making it. >_<
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 23, 2017 8:46 AM

Aug 2013
A nice finale.

Yua managed to give chocolate to Chiaki in the end.

Chiaki is popular with all the girls. That delinquent flashback.

Toritarou. I wanted to see more of that bird.

No end card this episode. :(

This was good and a cute show. Very enjoyable. 8/10.

Jun 23, 2017 9:20 AM

Apr 2014
it was nice as a whole but this final ep just wasnt good imo didnt even feel like a final ep and was just awkward

but yeah overall a nice watch
"one step at a time"
Jun 23, 2017 10:23 AM

Jul 2014
Maybe this didn't feel like a final episode but it was nice.

Overall, very enyojable series and the amount of fanservice was unexpected but I don't care so.....great!
SkyLETVJun 23, 2017 12:41 PM
Jun 23, 2017 11:51 AM

Dec 2016
This could mean s2 or just some ordinary background or anything...
Jun 23, 2017 12:04 PM
Jun 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Nice finale though it didn't even feel like one.

Mayu making those chocolates and getting all embarrassed was adorable, Yua trying to give Chiaki her chocolates was adorable too.

Chiaki is quite popular, that might be an understatement. :3
That delinquent flashback was hilarious. XD

Kuina making the most of Hinako getting lost. XD
The girls decide to take a sneak peek at Suzuran before heading off to enjoy the play. :)

Overall, it was a fun and enjoyable SoL. Nothing too special and definitely not the best SoL I've seen but it was still quite enjoyable. The characters were all really cute and adorable and their interactions were always pretty fun to watch. Some of the lewd cosplay and poses were awesome though. XD

7/10
HiddenArmy said:
This could mean s2 or just some ordinary background or anything...

I was thinking that myself, I liked it, just felt like there was one more episode after this to go hehe. It's funny, this one ends a episode too early, and eromanga sensei I think ended 1 episode too late :> Unless they have a great last one, I thought the previous episode was perfect.

Oh well it's anime :> I will take a episode that doesn't feel final, over bad final episodes.
Jun 23, 2017 12:07 PM
Jul 2018
Well that didn't really felt like a finale but it was at the very least entertaining.

Overall this was good although there were some moments when I think about it I did felt a bit weirded out. But overall it was a nice watch, it was just a cute series... well, with its fanservice. But it was fine.

I would want a second season and if it gets one I would be open for it.

6.5-7/10 for the moment being.
Jun 23, 2017 12:09 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MY LEWD AF CGDCT ANIME IS OVER ;___;

I RATE THIS KAWAII AND LEWD AF/10

definitely buying the DVD and merchandise for this one :3
Jun 23, 2017 12:39 PM

Jun 2013
Decent ending to a cute and surprisingly sexy show
Torn between whether to give it a 7 or 8, it probably deserves a 7 but it keep me entertained throughout so ill bump it to an 8
8/10
Jun 23, 2017 12:40 PM

Aug 2016
Considering how uneventful this episode was, it didn't feel like a finale. Regardless this anime was still very enjoyable and was kind of unique enough to be interesting.

The combination of the cute chibi, normal?? and semi erotic art styles made fun to watch for... reasons lol :P

7/10
Jun 23, 2017 1:15 PM

Sep 2013
Valentines day choco handouts and yua-chan finally gives chiaki personally :)
Going to see a theater play and everything is alright 8/10
Jun 23, 2017 1:15 PM
Jun 2017
I've watched the last episode with a little sadness. Mayu-chan was extremly kawaii, as always, and Yua-chan too - she was a little devil at the beginning of the anime, but I like her too, she's a nice character as the others.

Overall, I really enjoyed this SoL, it wasn't the best, but it was still great. Lots of cute moments, and cute characters, and - as an important part too - lots of erotic scenes. I recommend it to anyone who like SoL animes. 7/10

Oh, I forgot: I hope they will continue, and we get a season 2!
"A childish appearance is much better than a childish behavior." ~ Sasamiya Saya (Gakusen Toshi Asterisk)
Jun 23, 2017 3:43 PM

May 2015
Not near one of the best CGDCT and SoL shows I've seen so far, but it was enjoyable in itself and solid I'd say. It didn't deliver enough for me to give it an 8 in the end, but I'll definitely give it a 7.

Jun 23, 2017 4:23 PM

Apr 2011
It doesn't feel like a final episode at all. Maybe its a sign it'll have a 2nd season. I hope. Not even an end card.

Not as near as enjoyable as other cute SoL anime that I know, but it was still cute, relaxing, enjoyable, and rather ecchi.. At the beginning it was like any other cute SoL shows but I was rather surprise it has fanservice, which I am not complaining. All the character are likable.

Rating is nowhere near 8 but I'll give a 7 which is more suited.
Jun 23, 2017 4:43 PM

Oct 2013
It was an overall 7/10 for me. I would recommend it to people that like CGDCT shows, but it was not the best of that genre.

Lately most of these shows have been like this. Good but not great. It is a crowded field these days. It seems to me that no one will match the Triumverate that spoiled us during 2013-2015 - Gochiusa, Kinmoza, and Non Non Biyori. Recently New Game has come closest.
Jun 23, 2017 6:17 PM

Nov 2009
Hinako Note is an interesting series.

Not content-wise, good lord, it's definitely on the boring side most of the time.

But setup-wise, what you've got on the surface is a cute girls doing cute things show, and when they want to do that, it's incredibly cute. I would say the cuteness of Hinako Note is miles ahead of a New Game or even a Gochiusa. It's super cute even when you get past the impossibly cute chibi segments.

It's just that it's not a show meant to be cute, it's a show where you're meant to ogle its characters (kind of like New Game in that respect too, really, but even moreso). The problem is the characters aren't worth ogling, and their personalities are pretty meh on the whole too. Mayu is a 10/10 cute and Kuina is great and a worthy best girl, but Hinako and Yua are super dull when not being super cringeworthy and Aki's most notable character trait is, well, completely unrelated to her personality. I'm not sure I could tell you anything about her personality. I mercifully forgot their instructor existed.

It was a pretty by the book adaptation, which is a problem when the source material is what it is (you can pull up chapter 20 to get a general idea of what it is, if anything, the adaptation toned it down). It's a salvageable series if it comes back but this particular adaptation has one part 9 / 10 cuteness with one part 3 / 10 unwanted fanservice and 3 / 10 dullness, so a 5 / 10 feels about right.

Don't lewd the mayus.
Certified "cute girls doing cute things" expert

the cute girls doing cute things club needs you!

maybe you didn't give re:stage dream days a chance; please re:consider
Jun 23, 2017 7:01 PM

Jul 2012
I thought it was funny how Chiaki fixed that girl's hair accessory, and then Yua shifted her hair accessory like she wanted Chiaki to do that to her too, but they didn't say anything about it.

That calendar said April 2018, wouldn't it be cool if that's when a second season of this starts?

Jun 23, 2017 7:05 PM

Jan 2011
Hinako Note is a lie!, what you would expect is another CGDCT something along the lines of Gochiusa which to be fair it has done just that but really only that if there was a text book formula on how to make a CGDCT this show would've done it,but that's only to say it has done the basics of basic by using cute girl's and Chibi moments to convey their comedy segments which they over use a lot.

what Hinako Note actual lacks is good writing and charm something that some of these other shows of the genre have ,and with very simple archetypes of characters that aren't all that interesting and don't play off each other nearly as well in some SOLs which is needed makes for some pretty boring humor.

me personally i couldn't really say how often i laughed during my time watching this while i did crack a smile most the time it just wasn't as good as some of the crazy funny moments that happen in like Non Non Biyori,and finally the amount of fan service they added was staggering remember the first few cuts they showed of it and being like"hm that's odd normally don't see that kind of stuff in theses shows " but by the end i realized due to some inetrnet research( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) this show had more fan service from the show than it does from fanart.

still it was interesting to watch i wonder if this is a telling of the future gotta make them sales somehow,least i got New Game next month to look forward to!
6/10
Jun 23, 2017 7:27 PM

Mar 2016
Really a surprise guilty pleasure hit for me this season! Every season has at least one moe/cute girls doing cute things type of anime but usually they are a total bore and not very good animes BUT this anime was a really good one. I mean are there still flaws...sure...like how the anime is called Hinako NOTE but we really only get Hina's singing talent revealed and shown once in the entire anime! That's all just nitpicky stuff in the end though because the key to why this is a good anime is that it's just so damn enjoyable for anybody and everybody! Overall I'll say this anime deserves a 7/10 and the award for best moe anime of the season. Also one of the nicer endings of the anime finishing up this season so far imo. I don't anticipate a second season coming but I was happy with what I got out of this one for sure
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 23, 2017 7:33 PM
Nov 2016
I love how Mayuki behavior in the final ep which is a witch ~ lol NOW I NEED A S2!! Xd the calendar is kinda fishy tho ~
Jun 23, 2017 9:19 PM

Dec 2016
Pretty decent series I guess. Was a bit boring at times but it had some funny moments and a lot of great fanservice. Yua is definitely best girl. I would probably give it a 6 but the opening and ending theme songs were both SO DAMN GOOD AND CATCHY. And the ending cards are great i wish more anime would do them. 7/10 for me
Jun 23, 2017 11:54 PM

Feb 2008
I am definitely going to miss this fluffy as hell anime that made my Fridays a little bit brighter. I am definitely going to read the manga to see what shenanigans Hinako and Co. get up to. Also the fan service was an unexpected but nice treat. 9/10 (Yeah, I loved it THAT much.)
Jun 24, 2017 6:41 AM

Nov 2011
Funny and very nice people in their way of doing. I really enjoyed this series as it is relaxing to see. Animation Studio, worked pretty well, and not happy. I hope that in the years to come, I will have a new season.

For now, my vote is 7.50/10.

P.S. The girls in this show will miss me. T_T
Jun 24, 2017 1:37 PM

Sep 2013
Decent show, a bit good mix of ecchi and cgdct. Gonna miss Hinako and Chiaki-senpai (boobs).
Jun 24, 2017 6:21 PM

Nov 2013
very fun and enjoyable anime with lots of cute girls,

Kuina was my favorite with her lazy attitude + the animal cosplay lol

this really didn't feel like a final, maybe S2 in April 2018 (like some picture posted here earlier) ;)
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jun 25, 2017 4:28 AM

Nov 2013
katsu044 said:
Hinako Note is a lie!, what you would expect is another CGDCT something along the lines of Gochiusa which to be fair it has done just that but really only that if there was a text book formula on how to make a CGDCT this show would've done it,but that's only to say it has done the basics of basic by using cute girl's and Chibi moments to convey their comedy segments which they over use a lot.

what Hinako Note actual lacks is good writing and charm something that some of these other shows of the genre have ,and with very simple archetypes of characters that aren't all that interesting and don't play off each other nearly as well in some SOLs which is needed makes for some pretty boring humor.

me personally i couldn't really say how often i laughed during my time watching this while i did crack a smile most the time it just wasn't as good as some of the crazy funny moments that happen in like Non Non Biyori,and finally the amount of fan service they added was staggering remember the first few cuts they showed of it and being like"hm that's odd normally don't see that kind of stuff in theses shows " but by the end i realized due to some inetrnet research( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) this show had more fan service from the show than it does from fanart.

still it was interesting to watch i wonder if this is a telling of the future gotta make them sales somehow,least i got New Game next month to look forward to!
6/10
Agreed with the things you mentioned, 6/10 from me too.
While Hinako has some enjoyable moments, it was pretty boring too. The characters are rather bland, and their traits or personality isn't powerful enough to make impactful moments. This series is not in the same level of Gochiusa, New Game, or some other CGDCT anime. Also some moments that focus on fanservice feels off for me tbh.
Jun 25, 2017 5:24 AM

Feb 2008
A fairly good (open) ending. The final episode featured the usual aspects of the show that we know and perhaps love. Chiaki was awesome, as always, and the rest of the lot were also equally cute.

Mayuki's midnight chocolate preparation was hilarious...
Jun 25, 2017 6:22 PM

Feb 2009
Kinda glad this is over, it was really boring most of it and I wasn't crazy about the yuri implications and sexy moments, felt like this show was trying to be everywhere and was really nowhere.

Jun 25, 2017 7:56 PM

Jul 2015
Ending on Valentines day, the perfect day for all these gay babies to express their feelings for the person who will never return said feelings, most likely due to the fact that they won't even notice those feelings. The Landlady's heart can't be reached through those MASSIVE MELONS awkwardly held in place by that maid outfit. Indeed a feast for the eyes. Second half was... meh... nothing much happened.

And with that, Hinako Note comes to an end. I guess it was pretty okay, but that was it. Characters were cute but... meh... setting was probably, equally, meh... music... meh... story... meh... it was all just meh. Compared to other, what I call, cute-girl animes I've watched, this one felt lacking. And the constantly changing proportions of Hinako bugged the heck out of me. Will say this though. I love that dance during the outro way more than I should. Final score from me, a 6/10
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jun 26, 2017 10:15 PM

Aug 2013
As an episode it was decent, as a finale...kind of lackluster. Nothing felt conclusive or wrapped up, no cute little ending scene or speech. Just them walking back the café to eat dinner. No little monologue from Hinako about how she's going to continue to try hard, y'know, just the typical things you expect in some form or another at the end.

The amount of lewdness in this show caught me off guard...in a good way of course. It would go from completely harmless and fun CGDCT SoL, and then all of a sudden it was titties, armpits and panty shots out of left field. Like this episode in particular when Hinako is going down the stairs and her tits bounce. Or the scene in the one episode where Aki is sitting at a table talking and they just switch to a scene showing her upskirt under the table as she changes up her leg position. I was just like, well, that was unexpected. And I liked it!

Hope this does at least decent. Would hate to see studio Passione take another big financial hit. They might not be able to recover after Rail Wars and Rokka no Yuusha bombed.
Jun 27, 2017 7:29 AM

Mar 2009
Overall, I thought this one was a cute show. Loved the crazy OP and ED and I'll miss them. The OP always reminded me of Lucky Star's OP, in a way.

People complained about the fanservice in their cute girls doing cute things anime, but I personally thought it was a healthy mix of cuteness and fanservice. Dat Chiaki in her maid outfit, btw.

Don't know if the calendar was hinting at a second season or not. We'll have to see!
Jun 28, 2017 4:39 PM

Sep 2015
I generally really enjoy these cute slice of life stuff but Hinako Note didn't ignite that spark within me. I think the most important aspect on what makes a slice of life great are the characters since there usually isn't an interesting plot to keep our attention and unfortunately all of the characters except Mayuki felt really bland and boring.

Can't like them all I guess but this one just wasn't for me.

5/10
Jun 28, 2017 10:16 PM

Oct 2008
This is the most erotic CGDCT that i've ever seen.
Chiaki-chan is a bombshell of erotic greatness!
4/5.
7/10.

Jun 29, 2017 12:58 AM

Jul 2015
Give me more Hinako Note!!!!
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Jun 29, 2017 1:35 AM

Feb 2013
This show was fun and adorable. That's all it was meant to be. If you were hoping for something else, this wasn't the anime for you.

8/10
Jun 29, 2017 4:09 AM

Jul 2009
Mayu and Yua doing the chocolates was priceless!

7/10
Jun 30, 2017 7:32 AM

Apr 2014
And one of daily weekly dose of cgdct has ended :(.
I hope we will get something like this next season.
Anyway, I'll rate anime a 7 out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jul 7, 2017 3:19 PM

Oct 2010
I'm gonna miss the opening and ending girls dancing 🎶 it's hypnotic and lovely ♥
I like this final episode, because this serie doesn't need a great conflict or climax point. Is a slice of life and is cute. That's works well.
Ahhh those opening and ending dances ♥ can some gif master can do one gif for me?
Jul 10, 2017 4:31 PM

Oct 2012
An okay ending I guess. I kinda grow to like this series, its characters and even fanservice and costume switches.

It wasn't anything special but it was good watch, definitely above average show.

6/10
Jul 12, 2017 9:05 AM

Nov 2016
I loved this anime so much <3 <3 , The characters were nice and cute <3 <3 and the story is kinda cool too , A happy ending and that's the best thing and my fav character in this was Mayu-Chan , She's so unbearably kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiii <3 <3 <3 <3 , This episode was funny and peaceful as always .. I really loved the OST in this and the comedy is kinda good ... Anyways , I'm gonna miss this show and if there's a season 2 I'm always ready for it so gimme more cuteness <3 <3 <3 , Looking Forawrd !!!!
Jul 19, 2017 10:51 AM

Dec 2012
It didn't feel like a last episode, but it was good. I always like to watch Moe SoL after work.
It was fun to follow Hinako during his training. She is now able to talk a little without freezing ^.^. Good anime
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hinako Note Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

poosh_ink - Mar 17, 2017

96 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Apr 8, 2023 5:52 AM

Poll: » Hinako Note Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2017

35 by Gendolfas »»
Dec 8, 2022 11:07 AM

Poll: » Hinako Note Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

39 by Gendolfas »»
Dec 8, 2022 10:28 AM

Poll: » Hinako Note Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2017

59 by UltraMEgaCHAD »»
Dec 8, 2022 7:40 AM

Poll: » Hinako Note Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26, 2017

43 by Gendolfas »»
Dec 8, 2022 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.