Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 24, 2016 2:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, that radio really knows how to expose the truth. What a case that was. I mean, who would of thought that a tiny little machine would make such a big difference?

Pretty amusing episode. Glad they finally caught the culprit.
Sep 24, 2016 3:12 AM
Jan 2016
Himeko-xxx- said:
I noticed the rating went up by almost 0,4 after this episode lol.
Im waiting till it comes out here, will edit my post later

The scorers also went down from around 11,000 to 8,934 now. Maybe it has something to do with the users who scored the series but did not actually reach the episode quota to consider their scores?

Anyway, it could have been more, but I'm really looking forward for a third game adaptation. That or a remake of this whole series, whatever or whenever it may come. Also, I hope another studio should make AA related anime. I really wanted more of this, but with better animation, emotional impact and more digestible pacing. With that said, this episode isn't terrible nor spectacular, although the past season was nothing compared to this one.
Sep 24, 2016 4:29 AM

Dec 2012
Karuma Mei to the rescue with the vital evidence.
Otoro Guilty or Not Guilty. Doesn't matter though. De Killer is coming for him.

Glad Mayoi is safe. Teary goodbye from Mei.

Overall an ok series. Not as great as the game.
Would recommend to check out the other games if people want more Ace Attorney.
6/10.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 24, 2016 5:09 AM

Sep 2015
Well, we saw Karuma Mei cry, that was cute

The main problem with this anime is the studio imo, would watch another season for sure
Sep 24, 2016 5:14 AM

Sep 2013
Overall a massive disappointment considering I've waited for an Ace Attorney anime for ages, but at least it happened I guess. I'd definitely watch a better paced better animated Trials and Tribulations adaptation with more game-accurate music and 24 episodes but it will never, ever happen.

Kudos to voice actors though, at least they were really good. And they actually improved Turnabout Big Top from the game which was a surprise.
Sep 24, 2016 5:23 AM

Dec 2013
Really liked how they handled Matt's breakdown. Still better in the games (just like almost everything else)

I'm a little bitter they cut out essentially all of Adrain's character development. Made her smile at the end less meaningful.

Overall really poor adaptation and I really wouldn't recommend the anime to anyone.

I'm going to miss these burger memes
Sep 24, 2016 5:37 AM

Jan 2015

Dat face. LOL
Aaww, Mayoi is finally back safe and sound. And Mei's cry, what a "moment" for the final Episode.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 24, 2016 7:12 AM

Apr 2013
Case closed! It was a pretty good ride, although I can't say I am really happy with the adaptation, at least they were pretty faithful to the character sprites, such as De Killer's radio really does jiggle left and right when he talks, and funnily it looked ridiculously huge when the bailiff hugged it away.

Once again, they changed way too many thing to my liking, Maya did not know a thing about computers! What is that crap about her burning the disc!?

From 6/10 I am lowering it to a 5/10, the second half has too many things altered, mostly for the bad, they really screwed up this case and the spirit medium case, two of the best cases in the games. Some changes are acceptable, like swapping Larry in for Lotta as the reporter in this case, and Lotta providing the info about Mimi Miney instead of Phoenix having to go to the clinic, these are some good changes.

But bad changes outweigh the good too much, the total removal of the Magatama, for instance, I still couldn't comprehend the reason behind this. In a long run, it will hurt A-1 should they decide to continue adapting the other Ace Attorney games. They could've changed it into something like, Phoenix thinking to himself when he noticed the psyche-locks, then he tries to reason what was the witness trying to hide, and ask appropriate questions to break those locks; even if he got it wrong, they could've made the witnesses get annoyed and Phoenix will realize he doesn't have enough evidence to open the locks.

Maybe they are trying too hard to save time, then I could also point fingers to the scriptwriters, who did not do a good enough job to utilize the limited screentime they had.

All in all, good enough for fans to watch it, not good enough for anime-only watchers, might as well just go and play the games to get the full experience.

Sep 24, 2016 7:20 AM

Dec 2014
It's finally over. That was a hard one to watch. I was bored the whole way through. I'm just glad I can say it's over with.

3/10
Sep 24, 2016 7:29 AM
Apr 2014
Matt kinda sold himself by telling Naruhodo that he was blackmailing DeKiller, though you could've easily guessed it with the cameras in the bear room as well as DeKiller basically repeating it a million times in his testimony.
Franziska saves the day with that CD.
In the game you could choose between a "Guilty" or "not Guilty" acquittal, surprisingly it seems like the "not Guilty" option was the canon one I guess, doing his job haha, though it doesn't really matter which choice you choose because Matt would rather face years of jail than be out with DeKiller on his tail so he just ends up admitting everything either way.
Generous 4/10, I liked the Matt reveal scene but they really took away a huge chunk of everyone's characterization and dialogues, recurring characters too, the cases themselves were dumbed down as well and the animation was just terrible, play the 3rd game it's the best in the franchise, it's never too late to redeem yourselves Anime-only friends.
Drake1000Sep 24, 2016 12:52 PM
Sep 24, 2016 7:36 AM

Dec 2014
well done...but too dramatic...good end to a good episode
Sep 24, 2016 8:14 AM

Nov 2013
2/10

Yes, I've played the game but I won't deny it is one of the worst anime I've seen this year (Thankfully there's Rewrite).It doesn't do the game justices, The story was just carbon copy of the game which is good in theory as an adaptation, but they cut off so many parts (I personally dissapointed with Magatama) that makes the plot doesn't make any sense. The animation was terrible, The pacing was shit, and the music while it was arranged from the game, it wasn't used quite properly.

All I can say is, in a sense, Ace Attorney anime doesn't exist.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Sep 24, 2016 10:29 AM

Mar 2013
What a waste of an adaptation and my time the only good thing it did was improve if not surpass turnabout bigtop which really sucked in the game but in the anime absolutely amazing. overall I was hopping this particular case wouldn't be changed by much and instead it's a bastardize version of an amazing case. It's funny the one case I thought they would mess up they improved and the one case I thought they would adapt perfectly they ruin it's funny how adaptations work.

I'm going to be honest here I mainly wanted better court sessions the investigations I could care less if they chose to speed it up I'm ok with it unless there's some crucial scenes and dialogue. The court sessions were really something I hoped they would go all out because that's something the ace attorney series is well known for and instead most of the court sessions were changed drastically and it really ruined most of my enjoyment.

I was so happy and excited when I first heard ace attorney was getting an anime adaptation my first thought was "It hasn't had an anime adaptation yet"? my following thought was they need to go all out I don't care if it's 50+ episodes I would watch it (of course if that were the case now I would say just end this already quit ruining an amazing series). What else can I say other than if they decide to continue this don't, I'd rather have a reboot or skip trials and tribulations entirely also have a different studio do it because boy there's animation issues.
Sep 24, 2016 11:11 AM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
This series was not a good one for me to watch. When they killed off big Sis in the beginning, it just sort of lost rationality and became annoying {little Sis} and too over the top foolish. 6\10
Sep 24, 2016 11:19 AM

Jun 2014
All in all, everyone got a happy ending (well, except for Matt). Overall, this show wasn't good by any means, but it also wasn't that bad imo (maybe it's because I haven't played the games). And even though this show wasn't the greatest, for some reason, I'm kind of going to miss it since it was still a fun ride at times. 5/10. I'm also going to miss the burger translations as well.
thebrentinator24Sep 24, 2016 9:13 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 24, 2016 12:00 PM

Jan 2010
It was alright, not something I would recommend to anyone really. Maybe fans of the game would check it out if they were curious, but IMO the only episode I would really recommend is the filler after the first game where they showed Phoenix, Larry, and Miles as little kids.

5/10
Sep 24, 2016 12:09 PM

Jan 2008
As a massive fan of the games, I was really happy when this adaptation was announced, but the quality was really low. They really rushed through many of the dramatic moments as well as the characterizations of several characters. It was a fun ride, but vastly inferior to the games.

I give it 6/10 just because I'm an AA fanatic. The anime by itself would only warrant 4/10.
Sep 24, 2016 12:28 PM

Jan 2012
Its quite alrite but doesnt do the game justice (quite a joke in this context :3).

Still wishing for more so i was hoping they would show the Objection after instead of before the ending (with an announcement *cough*)

(Quite a missed opportunity here)
sanleiSep 24, 2016 12:47 PM
Sep 24, 2016 12:46 PM
Mar 2016

The end, season 2???????No way!
Sep 24, 2016 12:48 PM

Jun 2015
This whole thing was very underwhelming. It got better in the second half, but that didn't really save it.
Sep 24, 2016 1:29 PM
Jul 2018
The culprit finally got caught!
Sep 24, 2016 2:23 PM

Oct 2012
I think they ended rather well, have to say this was one of those better arcs.

The series had its highs and lows but in the end, it was kinda enjoyable.

6/10
Sep 24, 2016 3:06 PM

Jul 2016
The seiyuus and the good OPs were the best of this.

The plot made some nice changes but also rushed some main parts of the games.

The best episodes were the Edgeworth case and the afterward chilhood episode. It was a good series, no impressive but I can't remember one chapter that didn't give me a laugh of rush of excitement.

Those air bending powers are the best. Made a strong argument (motherfucking gust of air will trhow you!!)
Sep 24, 2016 3:36 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Turnabout Big Top was the highlight of the anime and don't tell me otherwise cause of your bias for the game case.

All in all, it's underrated probably thanks to the gamers who expected an epic one here. I have to say, i was pleased.

7/10
Sep 24, 2016 4:38 PM

May 2015
Guess it was an ok finale? I can't say I really enjoyed this show in the end. It was hard to sit through an episode at some point, sadly. 5/10.

Sep 24, 2016 4:54 PM
Jan 2013
Eh, fine I guess, nothing really stand out except changes they made

6/10
Sep 24, 2016 7:50 PM

Jun 2014
As a lover of all things Phoenix Wright and Ace Attorney, this was a great recap of the first two games that came to North America!

I enjoyed this series so much I'm am gonna go back and play all the games from the beginning!

8/10 overall from me!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 24, 2016 10:47 PM

Apr 2013
6/10 and that's with my bias for the series (Probably one of my favorite gaming series of all).

Would have been a 3/10 without Turnabout Big Top.

The adaption there was actually an improvement. Other than that, the rest was a let down
Sep 24, 2016 11:52 PM

Apr 2009
I look forward to checking this series out!

I was wondering if this covers just the first game, or the first two games?

(edit: from the above post mentioning Turnabout Big Top, a case from the second game, I deduce this series covers the first two games!)

I've only ever played maybe half of the first game, so I'll be looking at this series a little differently. Also sounds like it's rushed, but that also appeals to me I think. :)
Sep 25, 2016 12:14 AM

Oct 2011
Loved the game. Will miss the anime
Sep 25, 2016 2:29 AM

Mar 2009
Karuma Mei is so cute.

Ehh. I guess it was enjoyable. Who knows if we'll ever get an adaptation of Trials and Tribulations. All I know is I'm glad I've played the games. It's a totally different experience when playing through them compared to watching the anime.
MormegilSep 25, 2016 2:44 AM
Sep 25, 2016 2:48 AM

May 2016
It ended well for Miles and Phoenix. Yay~

Engarde's face scratching was disturbing :o I guess I'd understand what he did to himself after being faced with two choices, only to be f*cked either way ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Maya and friends can finally enjoy eating burger ramen again~ So much for minor injuries, Gumshoe :P

Franziska refuses to lose. Look at that determination.

I'll kind of miss watching this since I like Ace Attorney :3

Sep 25, 2016 5:50 AM
真面目に勉強してる

Jul 2014

This screenshot summarizes pretty well, how I feel about the Gyakuten Saiban anime.
I have written my own Ecchi short story. It is called Nopan Mahou Shoujo!
You can find the PDF here or read it online on Wattpad or on Archive of Our Own.
Sep 25, 2016 8:53 AM

Apr 2015
That was a pretty good finale. As a while this series was pretty good, though I'm no sure if it's as satisfying for those who haven't played the games. Obviously, it's not as fun as playing the games, but since it follows the same story, it doesn't really stand out as an anime. It would be interesting to see an original courtroom anime.
Sep 26, 2016 12:22 PM

Jun 2014

A-1 Quality. I love them so much
Sep 26, 2016 3:17 PM
Feb 2012
Well, I enjoyed this anime, but it could have been far better. The games are amazing. The pacing in this series is far too fast, judging by the 24 episode limit I can see why. At times the artwork was great and other times it was terrible.
Sep 26, 2016 11:03 PM

Jun 2011
Somewhat enjoyable anime but I am glad that it is over, for now. I honestly am not a fan of the massive on-court screen time, it works well in the game because you're the one playing the scenario out, but in the anime it's just a massive bore, the pattern stays the same in most cases, back-and-forth banter between Naruhodo and the opposing prosecutor. What made this worse is the lack of seriousness in the judge and the atmosphere. I know it is meant to be this way, and I have accepted it, but there are time and situation for it.

This is one of the cases where game doesn't translate well in anime, and changes should be made accordingly in my opinion. inb4 game purist

edit: forgot to mention that the sub was terrible, fuck localisation.
ToG25thBaamSep 27, 2016 1:53 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 27, 2016 7:36 AM

Feb 2013
I'm sure this was a very fun game.....as an anime....this was just.....not great.
I could go into detail of what I didn't like....but why bother.

3/10
Sep 27, 2016 1:33 PM

Mar 2014
Brati said:

This screenshot summarizes pretty well, how I feel about the Gyakuten Saiban anime.
Same fam

Thank God it's over

Also Yuki Kaji was a mistake

1/10
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Sep 28, 2016 12:51 PM
Dec 2011
It was an okay series I guess. Liked some cases and thought some of them were stupid. I don't really recommend this for anyone, unless you are maybe a fan of the game franchise.

6/10
Sep 28, 2016 1:22 PM

Dec 2008
I was seriously looking forward for this case to be animated, only to be a bit disappointed in the end. I mean, the main story was shown, yeah, but the emotional impact this case brought in the game was not the same as in the anime. In fact, I felt like the anime toned down the emotional rollercoaster you could feel while playing this case in the game. I believe it's because they cut out many parts of the story where you get to know more about certain characters. And Engarde in the game truly gave me the creeps because of how the game handled the change between his "personalities". OH WELL.

I still enjoyed watching my favorite characters animated, and would definitely watch more of Ace Attorney if they make another season.
Sep 28, 2016 2:33 PM

Jul 2010
Now imagine a second season, but with this amazing art quality and mood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq8rd6LEm9s (at min 8:00)
letfelicityflySep 28, 2016 2:36 PM

"You don't only belong to yourself, you know? There isn't anything in this world that belongs only to yourself."

Sep 30, 2016 7:00 AM

Apr 2014
Finally this anime had ended. But not that it's bad one though. This show was just few notch above average.
But I still enjoyed watching it as a whole. And if they are gonna make a sequel maybe I'll watch it, but it's unlikely to happen.
Anyway, I'm gonna rate this game adaptation a 6 (or 7?) out of 10 score over all.
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 1, 2016 6:06 AM

Dec 2012
Too over the top, but a lot of episodes were fine. The last investigation was fun and serious with the tension of losing Mayoi.
When I started this anime I was a bit bored by the reactions of the characters, but with the time I started to get used to them and appreciate the stories. 6/10
Oct 2, 2016 1:48 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah I give this a 6 too, not as good as the games but still worth my time.
Oct 3, 2016 11:05 AM
Dec 2010
This episode retained some of the epicness of the source material, but the biggest difference was that in the game you had to do "that choice" yourself. I remember spending 5 minutes staring at the screen when I played it.

Now I really want to see Trials and Tribulations animated.
Oct 4, 2016 10:06 PM

Dec 2012
The waifu, Mei, with the save.

lol at Shingo's meltdown.

Farewell, Kirio. I'll miss your fine self.

Farewell, Chihiro. I'll miss your oppai when drawn properly.

The final...

IGI ARI!

Unless Season 2 happens. :D
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 6, 2016 10:41 AM

Jan 2008
I watched worse anime in my life, but I'd lie if I said this adaptation didn't suck major balls. The miracle never happen during these 24 episodes.
Oct 7, 2016 5:45 PM

May 2012
Superb ending of this case! Really love how they managed to bring everything so well over in picture! Really well adapted I must say and I really do hope they will adapt the other games/cases as well!

All in all I really enjoyed watching this anime adaptation of Phoenix Wright!
Nov 28, 2016 6:23 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
letfelicityfly said:
Now imagine a second season, but with this amazing art quality and mood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq8rd6LEm9s (at min 8:00)

That was what I was expecting from A-1 Pictures, but they had to use a shiity budget to adapt such a great franchise!

I was going to give this one a 6, but this last episode was more enjoyable than I thought, so it gets a 6.6 = 7.

Could had been much better, but it was at least enjoyable, when ignoring all the flaws as an adaptation of a VN that was really easy to adapt!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Mia Fey

FiddlePie - Feb 22

4 by FiddlePie »»
Feb 23, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

40 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 11, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

48 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

44 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 9, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

84 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 4, 7:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.