Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2015 7:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Nyaa-tan ..is really trying this episode. This was a pretty gimmicky episode tbh.

Not much actual fighting but as usual, Nyaa-tan looks more competitive than ever though...which I'm not really surprised at considering how she can be quite determined to get what she wants at times.
May 28, 2015 9:27 AM

Aug 2010
Poor Piyo-tan. She just wants to remember after 3 steps.
And Uri-tan's death really has become a running gag lol

Dat tensho tho :3

What a way for the others to fall. Nice moves from Usa-tan but dat banana was too legendary XD

And Mo-tan being as Pervy as usual was lol
May 28, 2015 10:25 AM

Jul 2014
Well, that was quite a fun episode, one of the betters ones so far even. The race, which felt to me like a massive Mario Kart parody, was really enjoyable and amusing. Also, it looks like Uri-tan being killed randomly really has become a running gag. It was also pretty amusing to see the various wishes of all the gods. Most of them were predictable and obvious, but some were downright bizzare, particularly Shar-tan's.
May 28, 2015 10:57 AM

Dec 2013
This episode was great!
I loved how they started the episode like it was a game intro screen, showing all the driver's vehicles and all that. I would love to play that game if it ever came out.
The motivation to win and each Eto-Shin's respective wishes were hilarious. I especially loved Mo-tan's. And for once, she actually got to molest a naked Nyaa-tan at the end there!

If none of the crazy accidents had happened, I wonder who would Actually win....
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 28, 2015 11:32 AM

Apr 2010
Uma-tan finally got her change to shine.
And she used it nicely this episode was really hilarious that race was real fun to watch.
Tho i have to say poor Uma-tan for trying so hard and not achieving what she wanted to achieve.
May 28, 2015 12:07 PM

Oct 2014
Pretty good episode, thought that the race would be a bit more entertaining. Like everyone just failed in the beginning and in the end it was only Nya-tan with the other girl... Thought it would be more of a battle :p
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2015 12:14 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was fun to watch.

Lol @ how everyone just failed except Nya-tan and Uma-tan.
May 28, 2015 12:54 PM

Jul 2014
LOL THIS IS SERIOUSLY TURNING OUT TO BE ONE OF THE MOST ENTERTAINING SHOWS THIS SEASON!!
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
May 28, 2015 1:20 PM

Mar 2012
Piyo-tan next week, will be hilarious.
Keep moving forward
May 28, 2015 1:48 PM

Sep 2009
I lol'd than Usa-tan started lecturing our idiot duo that they should by the BDs
May 28, 2015 2:48 PM

Mar 2014
Very fun episode this week

I laughed at most of the eto-shin's wishes especially Mei-tan's wish (while to be expected it was still funny yet adorable seeing her fantasize about Takeru XD), Uri-tan of course wants Sesame oil (why am I even surprised),Mo-tan wants Nya-tan in bed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) while Dora-tan and Shima-tan fantasize about Nya-tan behaving like an angel for once XD

Also due to Nya-tan's comment earlier I expected Nya-tan's clothes to disappear by the end of the race (while it's still airing) from using all her Sol-lull which causes the viewership to go up to like 80% and break records.
May 28, 2015 3:08 PM

Apr 2014
This was a fun episode. The beginning kind of reminded me of mario kart

May 28, 2015 3:24 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Wow, Mario Kart! Very fun episode! xD Methinks it's kinda fitting that Nyaa-tan earns Uma-tan's Sol/Lull Seal from a race, with Uma-tan being the "Horse" Eto-Shin.

The wishes of the Eto-Shin are so damn funny! xD I don't understand Usa-tan's and Shar-tan's wishes, though. xP Kii-tan and Inu-tan still continue to be BFFs. Mei-tan continues to fantasize about Takeru while Moo-tan wants all of Nyaa-tan. xD And Uri-tan keeps dying which totally became a running gag. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

LOL dat race. Mostly everyone from the Eto-Shin got resigned from the race so early. Then the remaining participants, Uma-tan and Nyaa-tan, raced up to the end making the race an official Sol/Lull Seal battle.

I was really entertained from start to finish (no pun intended) of this episode, which is why Etotama is still one of my top favorites this season! :D
May 28, 2015 3:32 PM

Oct 2011
Let's buy the Bluerays : )

Nyaa-tan won the race

Dat viewership : 0

Piyo-tan next week .
May 28, 2015 4:45 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The cart race was somewhat enjoyable, but yet once again, Nyaa-tan conveniently wins and thus achieves another Sol/Lull seal. It'd be much better if this show wasn't so conducive towards her. But at this point, I guess she'd win any sort of competition effortlessly.

The only part I actually liked was when Usa-tan was going on about why they should buy BDs/DVDs. Clever way to get the message across.

Average episode. Looks like Piyo-tan will be getting the focus next week.

Second Eyecatch

May 28, 2015 5:36 PM

Feb 2008
Vindstot said:
The cart race was somewhat enjoyable, but yet once again, Nyaa-tan conveniently wins and thus achieves another Sol/Lull seal. It'd be much better if this show wasn't so conducive towards her. But at this point, I guess she'd win any sort of competition effortlessly.

The only part I actually liked was when Usa-tan was going on about why they should buy BDs/DVDs. Clever way to get the message across.

Average episode. Looks like Piyo-tan will be getting the focus next week.

Second Eyecatch

She can't do anything but win. If she loses during a challenge, then that is it, the show is over .. her chances of being part of the zodiac are over. Wouldn't be a very interesting show if the main character lost her goal.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
May 28, 2015 6:56 PM

Aug 2013
after smash brosh the animation, it turn out to be mario cart the animation this episode..
LOL Uri-tan always dieded..
enjoyable episode
May 28, 2015 8:52 PM

Mar 2012
1st Smash Bros. and now Mario Kart?
This anime needs a Parody genre.

so anyway this is the most entertaining episode of the series.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
May 28, 2015 9:43 PM

Apr 2015
The series is very well done. The CGs are close to perfect. It's not annoying unlike some anime I seen so far. To tell, it's superior than Kantai's CGs.

Nyan-tan, you fit to be my waifu!!!1
#CHEXIT
May 28, 2015 10:05 PM

May 2010
That stuff about blu-rays was so true. People saying they have no money and nowhere to put them, so they don't support the hard-working makers, and make the industry insecure XD
May 28, 2015 10:49 PM

Apr 2012
thet Manager is god too

dat Usa-tan lecture xD

Uri-tan die again and when she said "this was our fate" lol xD

the rating up to 40%!
that was fun race :D

May 29, 2015 6:41 AM

Dec 2010
...lol we get to see the entire cast in cute-form, as well as their all their gag best episode yet XD
May 29, 2015 7:31 AM

Aug 2014
Uma episode! Most of casts got kicked out of the tournament way too fast! I thought they will get at least a moment to shine? Guess not.
Piyo-tan lost her memories and Uri-tan dying once again made me laugh though. xD
Entertaining as always! Wonder why the show's rating is pretty low, despite all of these FUN?
May 29, 2015 8:54 AM

Jun 2013
they're doing a race huh
May 29, 2015 11:18 AM

Dec 2012
Another funny episode, Piyo-tan's wish made me laughing so hard ! Now, Nya-tan has a lot of seal.
May 29, 2015 1:08 PM

Oct 2014
First Smash Bros., now Mario kart. Very funny and entertaining episode. That´s how I like it :3
Holy Madoka! The Yuri is strong here!

My Anime List
May 29, 2015 4:43 PM

Jun 2013
Entertaining episode! ^^
May 30, 2015 7:44 AM

Jul 2009
Entertaining episode but a bit silly how all the other Eto-shin got knocked out of the race >_< Would've been more entertaining if they stayed in IMO ... oh well, of course Nya-tan manages to win even barring the destruction by grabbing that exploding boar XD Pretty exciting and the viewership ratings went up too, so good for Uma-tan :P
Looks like we have the bird/rooster episode next? :O Hmm, that will be interesting ... especially considering her memory loss XD
May 30, 2015 7:34 PM

May 2013
Ahaha wat an entertaining episode. I spotted some references and man, Piyo-tan's wish is so much... The race tho.
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 31, 2015 8:43 AM

Feb 2013
I've been wanting to see a bit more of Uma-tan, cause just like her gag i kept forgetting about her (it felt like she wasnt even in the show sometimes, which of course was probably part of the gag)
I like how the show itself is pretty much full comedy, but they have those explanations in the in-between sequences.
That "subtle" joke about piracy, oh dear...
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Jun 2, 2015 6:45 AM

Nov 2011
I can call it one of the best episodes of this series; to start from the beginning. Very fun and different.
Only regret is that it deepens the characters' personalities, but at least it's not boring like this anime history. Drawings and animations surprisingly are not falling, I'm happy. The manager is funny how the protagonists, Mo-tan when there will immediately notice in the story.
Jun 2, 2015 2:16 PM

Feb 2014
omg throw back tuesday to the days in which I played sonic riders...fun episode

So my mom walked in right at the part with: "Nya-tan's clothes came off!" *zoom in to Mo-tan's boobs* ...awkward...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2015 9:09 PM

Aug 2013
The race was fun! The chibi characters are sooo cute. The course reminded me of Mario Kart too.
Jun 22, 2015 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
jesus christ
Jun 28, 2015 12:56 PM

Dec 2008
So far I think this anime would make a fantastic ps3 game xD (the battles and that race xD)
SolitaryDarknessJun 28, 2015 1:11 PM
Jul 7, 2015 5:04 PM

May 2012
Somewhat decent but well I'll be glad this anime is over actually, it's getting pretty boring if you ask me.
Jul 20, 2015 9:15 AM

Jun 2014
This anime is like a massive filler. Just like every episode except the first two...
I feel like i'm only watching for the OP, ED and those eye catches.
Also I feel really REALLY bad for the rooster. poor girl =
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Nov 15, 2015 6:25 PM

Jun 2011
Lol why are people saying that this is a filler, it's not meant to be plot-oriented to begin with. It's a parody slice of life comedy.

I hope the talk about viewership isn't a reflection of how well Etotama is doing right now, that'd suck a lot. ):
naki12 said:
That stuff about blu-rays was so true. People saying they have no money and nowhere to put them, so they don't support the hard-working makers, and make the industry insecure XD
While I agree, I feel that we need to have some sort of appreciation toward the animators and working staffs in physical form, but it doesn't help when we're a student and the discs (one cour anime) cost about hundreds of dollars in my currency, excluding shipping fees.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 2, 2019 7:27 AM

Apr 2013
An alright episode, Uma-tan isn't really an interesting character. Piyo-tan next episode should be better.
Jan 10, 2020 4:01 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good episode, I love so much the colors during the race, and it was kinda funny
Feb 17, 7:15 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Suddenly an Eto Kart Race, Manager cup. To think manager actually a sun, the symbol of japan. Now that's the real God they needed to praise on xd.

Well the race becomes the battle between uma and nyan, cause others just retired here and there. Even if Nya-tan win, looks like Uma-tan actually forgot to giving her seal which kinda giving a funny remark to this episode end.

Mei-tan wish tho....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges

More topics from this board

Poll: » Etotama Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

78 by badabass »»
Feb 17, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Etotama Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

30 by badabass »»
Feb 17, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Etotama Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2015

53 by badabass »»
Feb 17, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Etotama Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2015

39 by badabass »»
Feb 17, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Etotama Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 21, 2015

43 by badabass »»
Feb 17, 4:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.