Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2012 5:26 AM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

They're back! This is actually a really nice episode because we got to see bits of everyone, and every scene was quite enjoyable.

We also get another awesome trailer of a violent yakuza-themed movie with all the 765 Pro members. I wish this were real.

arsonalJun 24, 2012 4:53 AM
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Jun 21, 2012 8:45 PM

Aug 2011
Poor Chihaya couldn't even get a good score when she was singing her own song, should have just sung Yakusoku and overloaded the machine with her awesomeness.
Jun 24, 2012 10:03 PM
Dec 2008
arsonal said:
We also get another awesome trailer of a violent yakuza-themed movie with all the 765 Pro members. I wish this were real.

So I wasn't the only one who wished the Yakuza movie was real. Surprisingly I have watched that part over and over again, simply because it was amazing.

And the scenes with Iori in it was full of love. Especially the part when she tried to scared Ritsuko off to cure her hiccup, that cute scene made my heart beat a lot. And she seemed so sweet when she even let Yayoi sleep in her own bed.
Jun 24, 2012 11:04 PM

Aug 2011
IoriMinase said:
arsonal said:

So I wasn't the only one who wished the Yakuza movie was real. Surprisingly I have watched that part over and over again, simply because it was amazing.

And the scenes with Iori in it was full of love. Especially the part when she tried to scared Ritsuko off to cure her hiccup, that cute scene made my heart beat a lot. And she seemed so sweet when she even let Yayoi sleep in her own bed.

I wish the Yakuza movie was real (the mecha movie as well) the more iDOLM@STER the better.
Jun 26, 2012 9:56 PM

Jun 2011
0.0 I LOVED the Yakuza movie, it was AWESOME!

... T.T Now where can I watch THIS episode?!
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Jun 29, 2012 11:32 AM
Jan 2009
This episode was awesome. I would love this more if it was subbed since I have to watch it raw on the bluray version that I bought with the Idolm@ster G4U Vol. 9
Jul 5, 2012 11:47 PM

Apr 2008
This episode was wonderful. Got to watch it in Japan the day my friend received his Vol 9 BD order hehe. The Yakuza movie was wonderful, all the parts with Takane were hilarious.

I kinda wished the karaoke part would be each of them singing each others' songs haha, that would have been kind of awesome :P Poor Chihaya (and poor everyone else lolol)
Jul 13, 2012 9:01 PM

Jan 2009
Beautiful episode, every skit was pretty fun on their own. My favorites were the movie preview and the Jupiter encounter at the sushi restaurant.

Now to wait for the Shiny Festa OVAs, can't get enough of IM@S.
NghtmrSrphAug 16, 2012 8:57 AM
Jul 13, 2012 9:16 PM

Aug 2010
IM@S could make bank if they released those movies they showed (actually made them, or at least a 3 to 4 episode ova). It would be like Xenoglossia but a movie or ova. I would watch all these characters in different settings. In fact, I want them to try this idea.
Jul 13, 2012 9:54 PM

Feb 2012
Awesome awesome ep. So glad to see a new ep of idolmaster. Missed the girls and the show.

Loved the yakuza movie and Hibiki riding the shark rofl.

prismheart said:
IM@S could make bank if they released those movies they showed (actually made them, or at least a 3 to 4 episode ova). It would be like Xenoglossia but a movie or ova. I would watch all these characters in different settings. In fact, I want them to try this idea.
Agreed! That yakuza movie looked awesome. But Hibiki dies! Nooooooo :(
Jul 14, 2012 6:35 AM

Aug 2008
That...was....FUCKIN AMAZING. Every single section was gold.
Jul 14, 2012 9:16 AM
Dec 2010
It's been a while since the last episode is aired. Seeing those girls again really make my day, and yes, Ricchan's hiccups are really cute <3
Jul 14, 2012 2:51 PM

Feb 2012
prismheart said:

Hell, they should even animate Azusa's movie.
Jul 14, 2012 10:59 PM

Apr 2008
That Karaoke machine was probably broken or something. How dare it give Chihaya such low scores! At least it fixed itself by the end and gave her a perfect score.

Jul 15, 2012 7:25 AM

Aug 2010
Wow, I have to tip my hat to the creators, they managed to avoid the weaknesses the season exhibited at times and delivered a great episode. This 4koma-like sketches formula worked really well and gave screen time to everyone.

Chihaya not getting maximum scores...that machine must have been broken. Especially since she performed Aoi Tori.

Good gracious that movie...I would seriously watch the hell out of it. Lady of War Chihaya...take all my karaoke points! Haruka murdering people...almost as if referencing to the numerous fanarts when there was the accident with Producer-san, nice.

The callback to Iori staying and Yayoi's place was especially nice.

Takane needed more screen time, but the sushi segment was great. I laughed wholeheartedly when Touma mistook Hamuzou for a hamburger.

5/5 a great episode.
Mogami-kunJul 15, 2012 11:42 AM
Jul 16, 2012 8:29 PM

Jan 2011
God how i missed this show! and their movie trailers are always awesome to watch,really wish it could get another season ;_; even a short one
Aug 15, 2012 5:49 AM

Jul 2010
A nice collection of "old videos"! The movie trailer was especially good. The rotating sushi place was funny too! :)

I hope there'll be a sequel to iDOLM@STER sometime.
OnyxthegreatAug 15, 2012 12:26 PM

Aug 15, 2012 9:51 AM

Aug 2011
katsu044 said:
God how i missed this show! and their movie trailers are always awesome to watch,really wish it could get another season ;_; even a short one

^This but not short...long...really long. I honestly dont think I would get bored of idolmaster.
Aug 16, 2012 12:38 PM

Apr 2011
Even thought Shiny Festa OVA is coming, I'm still hoping for a second season!

2nd season please! Plus, aniplex and A-1 pictures makes an awesome job making this animu.
Aug 16, 2012 1:12 PM

Jun 2011
Striderfang said:
katsu044 said:

^This but not short...long...really long. I honestly dont think I would get bored of idolmaster.

YES! I second that opinion. I still love and miss this show after not seeing them for about a year.
Its just a great and fun show to watch the idols having their daily and exciting lives.

Every segment was truly well done, i found none of it to be boring and the 20+mins past by in a flash.

Wish there was more!! I miss this show so much!! 10/10
Aug 16, 2012 7:00 PM

Dec 2007
They really need to turn that TV show into an actual series or something. It's so entertaining to watch!
Aug 17, 2012 6:51 PM

Nov 2010
Holy shizlely, the movie trailer.. Simply amazing
Aug 26, 2012 8:47 AM

Mar 2010
No word yet on the M@STER VERSION of "my song"? There already is one from a few years ago but only Iori, Azusa and Makoto were singing.
Aug 27, 2012 10:53 AM

Jun 2009
NEED A LOT MORE iDOLM@STER!!!!

Can't get enough of them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2012 11:36 PM

May 2009
I got trolled by the twins right from the get-go. :P
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Oct 11, 2012 3:23 PM

Oct 2007
You can't go wrong with that movie.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 7, 2012 1:10 PM

Jul 2008
Was the ending song ever released on a CD (with them all singing together)?
Nov 10, 2012 5:38 AM

Jul 2009
There is a "my song (M@STER VERSION)", but not with all the idols together, not even in the new Namassuka Special albums. Project iM@S lists all the previous CD releases of the song.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Nov 13, 2012 5:00 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Haruka - it's always the meek, "nice" girls that you need to watch out for.
Jan 17, 2013 12:08 PM

Sep 2011
A wonderful extra episode to end the series for me. Though I still want a 2nd season!

All little scenes were enjoyable and funny and never left me bored. My favorite parts were Yayoi+Iori, Miki as Sleeping Beauty, the hiccup and the sushi restaurant. The movie trailer was also pretty nice :)
Jan 17, 2013 12:28 PM

Feb 2010
I Enjoyed this extra episode that Movie trailer was awesome XD. Damn I really want a 2nd Season.
Jul 19, 2013 9:28 AM

Jan 2013
Enjoyable OVA.
The animation is always impressive.
Sep 27, 2013 3:40 PM

Nov 2011
God I missed this show. Seeing everyone like Miki, Chihaya, and Takane was worth it.

That music video called Bluebird is pretty cool. Miki was the cutest in this episode even though she was half asleep in the second half. Takane too with her appetite!

Very amusing OVA. 7/10. I can't wait for the movie~
Oct 4, 2013 9:13 PM
Mar 2013
Iori's horror scenes always have and always will be some of my favourite moments in this anime!!! She's the best when it comes to horror.

Speaking of favourite moments I lol'd when Amatou mistook Hamuzou for a hamburger. Get your hamuzou burgers here xD
Jan 11, 2014 1:28 AM

Jul 2013
Oh many pretty funny OVA. Though not a story in this, mostly features gags throughout the episode, and all the characters star in this :D. Oh well good to see them to have a positive personality :D.

8/10

Mar 16, 2014 8:13 PM

May 2012
Pretty much a collab of short events containing all the characters which does make up for a nice episode but more of a special than a normal episode I'd say!

I do wonder what the next ova's have to offer though.
Apr 22, 2014 8:17 AM

Oct 2012
Lol Chihaya.. Never ever invite Chihaya to Karaoke

Dat Movie trailer @_@
Harukaaaaaaaaaa... Why???
Kill Bill anyone??
Too much spoiler for a movie trailer I guess xD

Azusa's married words > Iori's scary expression
Hiccups is a contaminated disease, you know (Yawning too)

Dameee dame yo Kotoriiiiiiiiiii Dameeeeee~

Miki is a real-life sleeping beauty afterall... Pffft *Chihaya's laugh

Takane way to go!!!
Flat the Jupiter!! Especially Amatou xD

My wish just one for this series
I just want to see the Director's face
Pleaseeeeee!!!! I'm so curious T_T
"Signature removed"
May 30, 2014 7:07 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That Yakuza battle was amazing. Chihaya pawned and laid out Mami and Ami brutally. Then Takane went head to head with Chihaya and lost, but Haruka out of nowhere stabs her from behind and runs away lol. It's like she was saying to herself, "I got one chance to kill Chihaya from behind and get the out of there quickly or else" xD

Takane must have a huge belly to be able to Garchomp on all that food. She just puts it in her mouth and then another piece goes in. LOL, not even chewing her food xD
Although I like her food side, I would love to have an eating contest with Takane. Although since she's SuperTakane but still she's an amazing girl who can make chef's go crazy lol.

Chihaya gets low score on her song and after a while she scores a 100 lol.

Jun 12, 2014 12:47 PM

Dec 2012
When the guy from Jupiter picked up the hamster I shouted. This special was an absolute riot and makes me miss this series as well as look forward to when the movie gets subbed. All of the girls in 765 Pro are hilarious and awesome. 8/10, don't let it end here!
Jul 7, 2014 5:17 PM
Mar 2013
emeraldrosary said:
Iori's horror scenes always have and always will be some of my favourite moments in this anime!!! She's the best when it comes to horror.

Speaking of favourite moments I lol'd when Amatou mistook Hamuzou for a hamburger. Get your hamuzou burgers here xD

Once again I am surprised to see my old self on these discussion threads. Iori's horror stories are still my favs even 9 months later and I could never get tired of this episode.

Now then, let's see what I think of this episode 9 months later.

I still think this entire episode was full of laughs. I suspect the Karaoke machine was trolling Chihaya with those low scores xD

The Producer was right! Miki really is the sleeping beauty. Half of the time as an idol she’s sleeping. I totally loved Chihaya’s reaction when that happened ^_^
Sep 2, 2014 7:49 PM

Nov 2012
Damn those twins got me into believing Producer left 765 Pro. That machine is full of flaws. It doesn't comprehend the greatness of Chihaya's godly voice.
Oct 6, 2014 9:05 AM
Feb 2009
Since the karaoke machine can't go above 100, it had to wrap around, thus displaying the 'apparent' lower scores for Chihaya. That's what I'm sticking with. :P

All of the skits were really good and I really enjoyed it, the Hibiki, Azusa and Takane scenes were my favorite! But it needed more Makoto... :( and she needs to be in a dress!
Apr 4, 2015 4:08 AM

Apr 2012
I love that Yakuza movie!
They really should animate that, and the Endless combine Kisaragi one.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Oct 2, 2016 11:48 AM

May 2010
The twins trolled me. At first I thought it was supposed to be the cliche "producer died" joke so I wasn't taking it. but as they went with "him going abroad" so I really thought he went with some idol abroad. Nicely done.

I like "rainbow button" quite a lot.

Chihaya sang one of my fav songs from this franchise!
Poor girl. The look on her face when she got 100. Such a pure girl lmao

I like the deadpan AmiMami section.

I have gotten a really soft spot for Yayoi's "uh-uhh~"

That movie looked real good actually. Iori x Makoto, I'm always up for this pairing.
As always Haruka gets the most dark roles lol. Even Miki was T_T over it.

Ritsuko got some cute hiccups.
Azusa's good karma works on everyone. I really like the concept.

They should have put more of Otonashi's delusions in the series, really enjoy them. I love dramatic characters as long as they are self-aware lol. "Dame... dame yo Kotori~~~"
We got some Iori x Yayoi (I love Yayoi! best hair. jk her personality is great.)

Miki still sleeps as much as before lol. I want that skill. Waking up and sleeping with control.

Takane x Touma. Would make an interesting couple. Lmao I ship him with everyone, Touma is very shippable.

Great special. On-par with the main series. 8.5/10
Nov 17, 2016 10:38 PM

Sep 2013
Well that was just a big bucket full of Meh!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Sep 12, 2017 1:47 AM

Jul 2015
That was a fun OVA.

The Iori and Yayoi part was adorable!

Miki has two modes: Best Idol Mode and Sleep Queen Mode.
Oct 7, 2019 6:57 AM

Nov 2013
Nice trailer. They have spoiled literally each death and the ending. Can't wait to see this now. ( i know it's not real movie but still, this fucking trailer!).
Azusa looked amazing with the long hair, i will never for the life of me understand, why the fuck she cut her hair.
Yayoi looked cool too when she put her hair down.
I really love Takane and Hibiki, they have so much potential. But the writers never knew what to do with them and ignored them for the whole season. I'm glad we saw some of them in this special.
Jun 21, 2020 10:39 AM

May 2018
Lots of funny shorts. Off to the movie now!
Jul 31, 2020 7:15 AM

Aug 2013
that was a good OVA, love the karaoke and the sushi one

and I'm glad I can capture this beautiful moment

English is my second language
Sep 8, 2021 6:05 AM

Aug 2018
Was nice to see girls with their quirks once again.. Been a while since we had more relaxed episode like this, so it's nice bonus to see.. ;P

More topics from this board

» Chihaya's first song in the karaoke booth.

Lawl_Lawlsworth - Aug 19, 2012

2 by Lawl_Lawlsworth »»
Aug 19, 2012 11:43 PM

» Mujin Gattai Kisaragi?

arsonal - Jan 31, 2012

2 by RyanSaotome »»
Mar 17, 2012 2:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.