Forum Settings
Forums

What does everyones anime/manga collection look like

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 4, 2023 8:37 PM

Dec 2018
I know some stuff isn't anime or manga, but I pretty much have them shelved with a couple other things. There's that anndd a bunch of keychains from various anime shows.

Mar 5, 2023 5:08 PM
Dec 2017
"Whistles" anytime i see this thread bumped my jaw drops at the kind of stuff everyone is posting on here.

Mar 5, 2023 5:25 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Maumuu said:
I know some stuff isn't anime or manga, but I pretty much have them shelved with a couple other things. There's that anndd a bunch of keychains from various anime shows.
Is Im: Great Priest Imhotep worth it? I've thought about buying it cuz the User Recommendations mentions some of my favorite series.
Mar 5, 2023 6:08 PM

Mar 2016
I only recently got a bigger bookshelf for these so I just started picking up most of manga/light novels I have in the past couple of months but here is what I have so far.

Definitely want to keep adding to it and already have a few series in mind that I'd like to buy when I have the chance.
Mar 6, 2023 8:10 PM

Dec 2018
Fario-P said:
Maumuu said:
Is Im: Great Priest Imhotep worth it? I've thought about buying it cuz the User Recommendations mentions some of my favorite series.

It's one of my favorite manga series, so I'll be biased about it. I enjoyed the story so much that I bought the whole set. There is a supernatural-powered boy and a cursed girl as the story's main characters like the few recommendations mentioned. I'd say if you like magic battles with evil spirits and Egyptian gods, tragic backstories, or some friendship-bonding adventures, then by all means check it out.
Mar 6, 2023 8:26 PM

Jan 2020
manga- vagabond vizbibg 9 
yup that's it 
novels - all volumes of A Song of ice and fire 
[font="\"lucida grande\", tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif"]                                                     [/font]
Mar 6, 2023 10:50 PM

Jun 2007
I still need to do a lot of re-organizing to make the manga collection presentable, but I did take pictures of the DVD and Blu-Ray shelves. Placed behind spoiler tags for length reasons.

This represents over 20 years of collecting, and I was fortunate enough to get a lot of the older releases either as they were coming out, or when they were being liquidated in fire sales during the 2007-08 market crash.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
Mar 7, 2023 9:59 AM

Mar 2019
Fario-P said:
Looks like most everyone got some nice finds!

@Say-My-Name ooh, someone else also has the Azumanga omnibus!
Nice nice... oh and is Spice & Wolf worth getting? Thinking about it for a while...

@HalcyonSky wow... absolutely impressive. Major respect for getting Cardcaptor Sakura, Yu-Gi-Oh, and that frickin PandoraBox holy shit.....

@Fantaria noooo you have the whole Madoka Magica series..... I'm envious hahahaa :'D

@FacelessRyan is... is that hentai oh wow you actually have that cool looking Escaflowne perfect collector's box... nice.

@Acctra those mini DDLC stands look cute! did you actually get them from the official store?

@samsince04 ...how much did each of those figures cost lol...

@xthewarwithinx yoo your Eva and Haruhi DVDs look sweet.
also respect for Azumanga Daioh, Hanayamata, and Hidamari Sketch. what'd you think of Sabage-bu and Matoi the Sacred Slayer?

@Crow_Black how the hell does your collection grow more and more everyday, dude I'm legit envious of some of these
Thank you. Azumanga and Hidamari Sketch are definitely some of my favorites. Sabage-bu was pretty hillarious, and Matoi the Sacred Slayer was alright, although I've only seen the first couple episodes of it.
Mar 7, 2023 6:18 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Zalis said:
I still need to do a lot of re-organizing to make the manga collection presentable, but I did take pictures of the DVD and Blu-Ray shelves. Placed behind spoiler tags for length reasons. This represents over 20 years of collecting, and I was fortunate enough to get a lot of the older releases either as they were coming out, or when they were being liquidated in fire sales during the 2007-08 market crash.
...wow. Hoooooooolyyyy shit.

I still think everyone else's collections look pretty interesting and good in their own right, but I really mean no offense to anyone else in the thread when I say you might just have the greatest collection we've seen yet here. You have a large variety of DVDs, many of which are stuff that I want to get (e.g. Umi Monogatari, Magic User's Club!), stuff I want to check out for the first time through these (e.g. Aria, Wedding Peach, Ultra Maniac, Infinite Ryvius, Psychic Squad, Magical Meow Meow Taruto, etc.) cuz why not, and stuff I never thought I'd see anyone other than me actually owning (e.g. Bottle Fairy, Uta Kata, Living For the Day After Tomorrow, A Little Snow Fairy Sugar, etc.).
You even have the stuff that are apparently notoriously difficult to get in there (e.g. Little Busters! collection 1, Revolutionary Girl Utena boxsets iirc, Lyrical Nanoha)... seriously impressive. 20 years really shows!

...oh wait 23.7% affinity with 99 shared holy shit hahahaha

And that's just your anime collection? I can't wait to see your manga collection!!
Fario-PMar 9, 2023 7:45 PM
Mar 9, 2023 7:45 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Crow_Black said:
"Whistles" anytime i see this thread bumped my jaw drops at the kind of stuff everyone is posting on here.
I'm sorry Crow but I went and got more lmao... can you really blame me though when it's these?

Mar 9, 2023 7:51 PM
Dec 2017
Fario-P said:
Crow_Black said:
I'm sorry Crow but I went and got more lmao... can you really blame me though when it's these?

Well i also did picked up something recently, since some of the fire emblem fans on my friendslist wanted me to get engage so i went ahead and bought it and saving that for my bday. 

Also, i got pita-ten too a while ago one of the manga's for my bday too.

And my jaw just dropped again because of the amount of edge you got especially since you now got The Cain Saga and Pandora Hearts now and defo let me know what your thoughts are on pandora hearts and the cain saga especially those ones.

Mar 16, 2023 9:21 PM
Dec 2017
Maumuu said:

Can i just say that, i love seeing are you alice and pandora hearts in your collection. 

I hardly hear anybody talk bout it on here, and only one i really know that likes it alot is complexties and its such a slept on gem that needs more love imo.

Mar 17, 2023 4:28 PM

Dec 2018
Crow_Black said:
Maumuu said:

Can i just say that, i love seeing are you alice and pandora hearts in your collection. 

I hardly hear anybody talk bout it on here, and only one i really know that likes it alot is complexties and its such a slept on gem that needs more love imo.

Yeah!! I really like the alice in wonderland concept. I think there's a lot of fun & unique ways people can use the character roles, references, or setting and adapt those into their storytelling. These definitely took the concept and applied them very well.
Mar 17, 2023 4:36 PM
Dec 2017
Maumuu said:
Crow_Black said:

Yeah!! I really like the alice in wonderland concept. I think there's a lot of fun & unique ways people can use the character roles, references, or setting and adapt those into their storytelling. These definitely took the concept and applied them very well.
JRPG, wise the closest thing i've played would prolly have to be a witches tale defo worth looking at if you like spooky shit like i do.

Wish we did had a anime reboot, of Pandora Hearts that series was fucking amazing.

Mar 18, 2023 11:04 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Crow_Black said:
Well i also did picked up something recently, since some of the fire emblem fans on my friendslist wanted me to get engage so i went ahead and bought it and saving that for my bday. 

Very nice. I think you will like Pita-Ten a lot more than I did, actually.

Also in other news
Also found a news magazine from a couple of years ago or something that has Persona 5 settei art and stuff. Probably an anniversary thing.
Mar 19, 2023 7:02 AM
Dec 2017
Fario-P said:
Crow_Black said:

Very nice. I think you will like Pita-Ten a lot more than I did, actually.

Also in other news
Also found a news magazine from a couple of years ago or something that has Persona 5 settei art and stuff. Probably an anniversary thing.

And now i've just made a couple of picks up of my own.

Mashle since i saw it at value village and Kirby Return To Dream Land Deluxe and thats part of my top 3 in no particular order, Kirby Games long with super star saga and forgotten land.

That was still a random chance of luck, lol finding that persona 5 artbook that i did at value village one time and my makoto figurine stands right next to my TWEWY and Nier,FE and BSD figures too.

Mar 19, 2023 3:45 PM

Dec 2018
Crow_Black said:
JRPG, wise the closest thing i've played would prolly have to be a witches tale defo worth looking at if you like spooky shit like i do.
Looked it up; it looks cool!! I definitely enjoy spooky shit. Rpgmaker games has certainly fueled that interest. I'm also surprised it's a DS game because I played a bunch of DS games in childhood and haven't come across this... I truly slept on it

Crow_Black said:
Wish we did had a anime reboot, of Pandora Hearts that series was fucking amazing.
Also how I am also sleeping on Pandora Hearts I think. I haven't seen the show, but I enjoyed reading what I have of the manga
Mar 19, 2023 4:53 PM
Dec 2017
Maumuu said:
Crow_Black said:
Looked it up; it looks cool!! I definitely enjoy spooky shit. Rpgmaker games has certainly fueled that interest. I'm also surprised it's a DS game because I played a bunch of DS games in childhood and haven't come across this... I truly slept on it

Crow_Black said:
Also how I am also sleeping on Pandora Hearts I think. I haven't seen the show, but I enjoyed reading what I have of the manga
I have alot and i mean alot of favorite games on the ds, from The World Ends With You,Golden Sun,Hotel Dusk,Time Hollow and Trace Memory just to name a few on how much i really like those games. And there's also lot of other lesser known Japanese games, especially the exclusives never coming out from Japan i am pretty interested in.

Yeah, defo finish Pandora Heart's manga its is like i said, pretty amazing.

Mar 27, 2023 5:32 PM

Mar 2021
Please refer to the details on my profile page.

Recently, the number of books often increases or decreases in increments of 50 to 100. Anime goods and games are scattered in various places, such as the front door, on the table, and in the closet.

Mar 28, 2023 6:03 PM
Dec 2017
kycnui said:
Late to the party, but here's mine. Just started this year.

From left to right:

English version
I want to eat your pancreas (Light Novel)
A Silent Voice 

Japanese
Violet Evergarden
You're new to collecthign eh? pro-tip try alibris as an alternative to amazon lot of decent prices for manga there.

Mar 28, 2023 6:11 PM

Jan 2021

From left to right:

English version
A Silent Voice 

Japanese
Violet Evergarden
Mar 28, 2023 6:15 PM

Jan 2021
Crow_Black said:
kycnui said:

From left to right:

English version
A Silent Voice 

Japanese
Violet Evergarden
You're new to collecthign eh? pro-tip try alibris as an alternative to amazon lot of decent prices for manga there.
Oh wow. The website really is good. Checked Spy x Family, I'm impressed. Thanks for the tip. 
May 23, 2023 11:24 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
It's been a while and I don't feel like editing my older post anymore, so here's an update on my collection

Jun 5, 2023 5:21 PM

Feb 2018
New Animanga Bookshelf, as of 6/5/23~

MasterTasukeJun 7, 2023 8:07 AM
Jun 6, 2023 9:24 AM

Oct 2021
Mine is half a terabyte of torrented files.
Jun 6, 2023 9:28 AM

Aug 2021
...does my one miku figure and luka keychain count? and the two miku nendoroids im getting on thursday? or is this only for actual anime and manga stuff
Jun 6, 2023 11:03 AM

Feb 2021
Badonkers said:
Mine is half a terabyte of torrented files.
I'm not surprised by that.

Supporting the industry is the last thing you would do lol
Jun 6, 2023 1:27 PM

Feb 2019
HalcyonSky said:
https://imgur.com/a/9GgsfpG

For those wondering, no, I haven't read it all (yet), I'm just an impulsive buyer. 

I have seen almost all the anime I own.

Edit: The one thing not shown here are the 74 volumes of Monthly Shonen Jump that are chillin' at my parents' place. I don't have the room for them.
I also want to point out my Japanese limited edition omnibus of Guin Saga that collects the first 100 books in two B3-sized tomes that weigh a combined 25 pounds and came with a magnifying bookmark because the print is so small. It was such an absurd find I had to buy it.
Holy WOW what is your job good sir?! The manga collection is phenomenal!!! I seek to have a collection that large someday! Berserk alone costs a lot lol 
It just kept going too lol 
My Candies:
“Even when you were so depressed and emotionally unstable, the taste of your coffee jelly stayed the same." Kusuo Saiki
Jun 6, 2023 9:53 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
I actually shoplifted these stuff...so they are free

Jun 7, 2023 10:53 AM

Jan 2021
Don't have any pictures right now, but I have:

• SAO Progressive 1-6 (LN)
  • Sweat and Soap 1-7? (Manga)
  • Komi Can't Communicate 1 (Manga)
  • High School of the Dead 2 (Manga)
  • Reincarnated as a Sword 1-6? (Manga)
  • Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest 1-4 (Manga)
  • Parallel Paradise 1 (Manga)
  • Dungeon Builder: The Demon King's Labyrinth is a Modern City! 1-4 (Manga)
  • Re:Zero 1 (LN)
  • Weathering With You (Blu-ray)
  • Dragonball GT (DVD)

I think this is all of it
AcctraJun 7, 2023 10:57 AM

Jun 7, 2023 11:28 AM

May 2022
tchitchouan said:
Okay, but just a small glimpse at my collection.

The first one is actually quite cool. Where does it come from?
Jun 7, 2023 11:33 AM

May 2019
Rocknblock said:
tchitchouan said:

The first one is actually quite cool. Where does it come from?

That's Solange Blanchefleur de Lux from the video game Code of Princess.

Jun 7, 2023 11:41 AM

May 2022
[quote=That's Solange Blanchefleur de Lux from the video game Code of Princess. message=69336133]tchitchouan
The said:
Rocknblock
Okay, said:

[/quote]
She reminds me of Ann from Persona. Idk why.
Jun 7, 2023 12:53 PM

May 2019
Rocknblock said:
[quote=That's Solange Blanchefleur de Lux from the video game Code of Princess. message=69336133]tchitchouan
The said:
Rocknblock

She reminds me of Ann from Persona. Idk why.

Yeah, she kinda does look like her.

Jun 7, 2023 3:03 PM

Oct 2013
IsaBelle33 said:
HalcyonSky said:
https://imgur.com/a/9GgsfpG

For those wondering, no, I haven't read it all (yet), I'm just an impulsive buyer. 

I have seen almost all the anime I own.

Edit: The one thing not shown here are the 74 volumes of Monthly Shonen Jump that are chillin' at my parents' place. I don't have the room for them.
I also want to point out my Japanese limited edition omnibus of Guin Saga that collects the first 100 books in two B3-sized tomes that weigh a combined 25 pounds and came with a magnifying bookmark because the print is so small. It was such an absurd find I had to buy it.
Holy WOW what is your job good sir?! The manga collection is phenomenal!!! I seek to have a collection that large someday! Berserk alone costs a lot lol 
Thank you. I'm a process engineer with three degrees. I'm still making a bit less than what I have in student loan debt, but all things considered I can't complain with where I'm at now.

It's important to know where to get good deals from. Instocktrades has a default 42% off all Dark Horse published manga and 15-30% off others. Target has a buy 2 get 1 free sale a few times a year and that's on top of an existing discount that most products have. Rightstufanime has a bi-yearly sale that you can get up to 45% off the most popular titles. I haven't used it yet, but it looks like Takara cafe has 40% off everything with the membership.

"The kindest person in the room is often the smartest."
All failures of the individual are the failure of society to provide the means by which they could have achieved success.
Jun 7, 2023 3:16 PM

Jun 2023
I don't have a photo right now but I have Chainsaw Man's manga volumes 1-11 so far!

I'm not sure if it counts but I also have the simplified Chinese books of Here U Are :-D
Jun 7, 2023 4:06 PM

Feb 2023
Sadly, I only have about 2 volumes of Pokemon Adventures, and it's unfortunately in English. I grew up in a very rural area without any manga shops anywhere near us, except for one an hour away that charged $45 for a copy of Assassination Classroom that looked like it had been in a tornado (a brand new copy is worth about $10). Therefore, I have hardly anything, but I plan to order some Japanese language ones sometime, also so I can learn the language. I was thinking of starting with Yotsuba&!.
Jun 7, 2023 7:53 PM

Aug 2022

gotta put up another shelf soon. i have a problem of not completing series
Jun 7, 2023 8:27 PM

Jul 2016
HalcyonSky said:
that sounds metal, i did not even know that existed. how much was it, and have you read some of it? guin saga beyond the anime always seemed amazing, but the sheer amount of volumes and side-stories are too insane for me.
Jun 7, 2023 9:16 PM

Jun 2023
My collection looks like Jellyfin server with 6 terabytes of anime. Always ready to stream any anime from my collection to any my device and any place with internet.
NightVampireJun 7, 2023 9:23 PM

Jun 8, 2023 12:31 AM

Nov 2022
Mine is all digital, but rather extensive I would say.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Jun 8, 2023 12:59 AM

Jul 2021
i own volume 10 of love and lies.

and have hundreds of GBs of anime stored.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jun 8, 2023 1:29 AM

Aug 2013
I don't collect anime. I have a big collection of manga, artbooks, audio CDs and figures.
About 50%/50% English and Japanese volumes (I don't collect manga released in my country, because I absolutely hate what publishers are doing with typesetting, translations and censorship).
Manga and artbooks:

rsc-plJun 8, 2023 1:36 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 8, 2023 4:31 AM

Oct 2013
Cazqui-09 said:
HalcyonSky said:
that sounds metal, i did not even know that existed. how much was it, and have you read some of it? guin saga beyond the anime always seemed amazing, but the sheer amount of volumes and side-stories are too insane for me.
It was around $20 on Suruga-ya used but in pristine condition, which was a 90% discount. Because it shipped from Japan, shipping ended up costing around $34, but a got a dozen or so other manga volumes to make the most of the purchase.

I'm waiting until my Japanese improves enough that I feel comfortable tackling it. Grammar-wise I'm around intermediate level, but I need to at least double my vocab if I want to read through anything somewhat smoothly

I've always been drawn towards longer series, both for the sense of achievement in completing them and for the epic sense of scale that shorter works lack. My Malazan franchise collection takes up almost a shelf and a half of dense text (~6 million words, which I think is the most of any English-published series), and I still can't wait for more sequels.

"The kindest person in the room is often the smartest."
All failures of the individual are the failure of society to provide the means by which they could have achieved success.
Jun 8, 2023 6:27 AM

Feb 2019
HalcyonSky said:
IsaBelle33 said:
Thank you. I'm a process engineer with three degrees. I'm still making a bit less than what I have in student loan debt, but all things considered I can't complain with where I'm at now.

It's important to know where to get good deals from. Instocktrades has a default 42% off all Dark Horse published manga and 15-30% off others. Target has a buy 2 get 1 free sale a few times a year and that's on top of an existing discount that most products have. Rightstufanime has a bi-yearly sale that you can get up to 45% off the most popular titles. I haven't used it yet, but it looks like Takara cafe has 40% off everything with the membership.
O dang, I have actually never heard of a process engineer before until now. Big high five to ya! You're definitely doing great where you are now so keep it up :D
WOW you really know where all the good sales are!!! You are an amazing manga collector lol I'm definitely taking note of these sales (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
My Candies:
“Even when you were so depressed and emotionally unstable, the taste of your coffee jelly stayed the same." Kusuo Saiki
Jun 8, 2023 6:46 AM
May 2023
bem essa é toda a minha coleção  de animes e mangas  
1 volumes de blue period  
2 volumes de dragon ball 
1 volume de komi san can t comicte 
1 volume de a princesa e o cavaleiro 
1 volume de tiger e bunny  
death note  ( 3 DVDS)
Jun 8, 2023 6:49 AM
Jul 2018
smaller than what i would like it to be

still trying to read full moon and cardcaptor sakura but haven’t had the time
Jun 8, 2023 7:16 AM

Mar 2008
I currently have my animé and merch in storage. I also only have 2 bookcases at the moment hence the books being on a table in the 3rd pic.
Jun 8, 2023 5:53 PM
Mar 2017
I took pictures but eh they aren't great so I did so to help me remember what I have in a document and just am going to post the document info to this post. This isn't 'everything' I want obviously I've seen many I can't buy because their too niche/don't sell well so I can't get them or I never saw copies where I shop so there is that.

Judge away! I know many are more 2010+ but it's what I can find I'll get to more 2000 and older eventually I am even making my way through old anime and Hentai and manga online via 'metbods' before I buy them to make them clear which I care for more or tolerate enough for rewatched and when I can get a hold of them. So don't think I don't care for older stuff I do old anime related media as much as I do old video game consoles/games failed or successful same with anime/manga and so on ONCE I get around to them.

I don't like 'all these shows' some I just watched and thought eh maybe (Shomin Sample was painful to rewatch besides a few bits, maybe parts of Isuca even if I do like it and yes it's not a good adaptation but I don't care XD even for the type of show it is anyway).

Others I do like.

Some like Re-kan, PhotoKano or Sakura Trick I picked up because I barely watched them (never had PhotoKano before though) and well Re-kan I loved after I got past episode 2 last time, PhotoKano is fine enough still making my way through it past episode 5 or 6 and Sakura Trick just isn't for me. I don't hate Yuri I just don't like the way it goes about things. I cared for the bland characters then I did the couple characters (either of the Yuri couples I mean), that and the festival episode because it had the most personality/least painful moments for me to watch which says a lot as not big on festival or filler episodes but it was the best episode I enjoyed.

I take pictures to update my manga status and make it clear when I go to the store to buy more what I already have (don't have to for anime as much with the whole seasons of course then individual volumes and I don't buy shows with 'parts' because I buy the lesser surface level shows then the surface level ones they have parts for that or whatever is the case with Plastic Memories. I'd buy part 1 the episode I actually did enjoy but never part 2, part 2 I couldn't stand).

Judge away. I have them segmented so I can remember what I have bundled together for shelves/storage places (I usually like to keep them purchase order but I don't remember anymore so..... and too lazy to put them in season order/alphabetical because I don't have enough shelves for them all).

I don't like some of these shows so my purchase for some have changed to 'what I strictly do want or can tolerate enough' then 'yeah can't tolerate this anymore'.

Date A Live S1 DVD

Isuca DVD

Shomin Sample DVD

Date A Live S2 (DVD/Blu-ray unopened I bought the blu-ray first but then just never opened it for whatever reason and don't care to open it just for the bonuses at all or 'maybe' an animated title screen if it even does I don't know never seen it)

Ultimate Otaku Teacher Part 1 DVD (not interested in part 2)

Labyrinth/Eden of Grisaia DVD

Akame Ga Kill Part 1 & 2 DVDs

Tokyo Ghoul and Root A DVDs

Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches Blu-ray

Date A Live S3 DVD

Rent A Girlfriend S1 Blu-ray

Devil Is A Part Timer S1 Blu-ray

Quintessential Quintuplet S2 Blu-Ray

New Game S1 & 2 Bundle Blu-ray

Re-Kan DVD

Shakugan no Shana S1 DVD/Blu-ray bundle (one of the disks is missing and another has awkward scratches I assume as the footage struggles from what I remember I'd have to rewatch to be sure)

Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl movie Blu-ray

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai S1 Blu-ray

Quintessential Quintuplets S1 Blu-ray

Sakura Trick DVD

Lucky Star 're-release' Blu-ray (not great quality but I prefer having it and it's bonuses then not even if still 480i/p of the original episodes at least they weren't ruined like some films/tv show of western live action ones remastered (no idea how western cartoons are if they even get remastered or re-released much) and end up worse right?

A Silent Voice movie DVD

Bayonetta Bloody Fate movie DVD

The Fruit of Grisaia S1 DVD

Currently watching:
PhotoKano (episode 5 or 6 or so still the first disk)

Little Busters Ectasy (the four OVAs, I've seen all of these before subbed (so dubbed this time even if I think seen the Saya arc dubbed, I've watched those episodes at least 3 times so however many subbed/dubbed I can't remember maybe 2 subbed once dubbbed) I mostly wanted to rewatch the episodes I don't rewatch which is the ones that aren't Saya's arc but the other two characters, they were fine they feel very 'special/OVAish' as I expected, I don't remember much from Refrain or S1 but enough at least having not rewatched those but I didn't want to rewatch all those again either)

Currently reading manga:
-The Isolator light novel (to just own a light novel that's it, page 40 or so)

- My Dress-Up Darling/Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Volume 4

-Kimi Ni Todoke Volume 1 (not started yet)

-Romantic Killer Volume 1 & 2 (had two for a few weeks but 'finally' volume 1 was on shelves 'again' as I didn't pick it up last time when I should have) I read chapter 1 last night and yeah as good as the show episodes I remember.

-Shikimori Volume 1

-Nisekoi Volume 10 (Not starting till I read the rest online

Now my manga to also judge me on! Most of these I'm more particular (well some of but more so than my anime pickups as I picked up anime before I did physical manga):
Komi-san Volume 1-9/11-22 (I don't have Volume 10 so 1-22 without 10, until they had 10 and 23 in stock so finally. Sigh).

Wotakoi Volumes 1-11 (I have them as the 2 in 1 versions so 1-6 with 11 being volume 6). So COMPLETE

Absolute Duo Volumes 1&2 (I bought them to see/remind myself what they were like, passable but yeah not big on the series and never was when I saw the show, tolerable).

We Never Learn Volume 1 (curiosity that's it)

Quintuplets Volume 1 (I have read more of the manga digitally and had before I bought this but to own a copy, I never see other copies in my book store so Volume 1 it is, same with many other Volume 1-2s I have listed here).

Assassin's Creed: Blade of Shao Jun Volume 1 (it's fine, only one volume again, not an AC fan but was curious what they'd done to go about it that's it)

Tonikaku Kawaii/Fly Me To The Moon Volume 1 (not seen all the show, will get to S2 eventually, got 1 volume and stayed that way for months now)

Nisekoi Volume 1 & 10 (seen all the show just felt like reminding myself on it)

Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru/ My Dress-Up Darling  Volumes 1-4 (not seen the anime, thought about it and I went eh I'll go the manga why not and not seen the anime DVDs/blu-rays to save me time and not not watched it 'online' at all). It's fine I get enough out of it, wanted to try something different I'm not one for the subject matter but I enjoy reading it enough at least).

Tokyo Ghoul Volume 1-10 (only because I saw them in a comic shop and went 'well I don't see manga usually anyways (and they were my first manga physical then so cut me some slack there, I think before I went to my local library too for School Rumble and a bit of Kimi Ni Todoke but I wasn't sure about watching the anime or reading the manga on Kimi Ni Todoke so I never got into it much) and it was years before my book store I go to nowaways (hence the other series I have bought since) was around so 'this' was the only place I could get manga and it's the only series I liked enough to care to pick them up.

Was fine with them at first then later on just not cared for the series/picking up volumes. I did continue to pick them up but as it's a well known series I can wait for years and they will always be on the shelf I can complete it whenever I feel like it I know that, thing is I look at the book store shelves and go 'I think I have this one' as it's always a long time between getting them and I always forget so I have to use a photo/document to remind myself and no the cover art/back covers do not help).

Tokyo Ghoul RE Volume 1-11 (same as above)

Servant X Service (2 in 1, so just need bundle 2 to be 3-4 and I'm good but I never seen it, I saw it introduced then nothing). I always didn't mind this one. I didn't get into 'Working!!!' at all but did this one with the anime, read parts of the manga and well probably I think read more here then I did the original online manga reading I did ages ago)

Look Back Volume 1/1 One-shot COMPLETE (I picked it up out of curiosity, and besides a physical one-shot why not, while sure I know the mangaka never read their other works at all)

Kimi Ni Todoke Volume 1 (just because why not give it a second go and besides got to have some Shoujo manga then just shounen, seinen and otherwise, not come across any Josei demographic manga online or otherwise that interested me)

Shikimori Volume 1 (I was curious that's it, it's 'fine' I can see it being repetitive and very one scene of dialogue is similar of 'cute' and then other dialogue the dynamic is pretty weak it's fine but eh it's not amazing)

Romantic Killer Volume 1 & 2 (I liked the show, not seen much of it I need to get past the Volume 1 range of episodes really, besides that more Shoujo. As far as a parody/trope poking fun goes it works, don't care it is unrealistic I prefer unrealistic approaches at entertainment to make the most of the aspects it has then then being grounded and limiting it's potential (or forgetting what an imagination is and that it's fictional so who cares) unless it falls into the tropes besides a spin on things then we'll what a flop it could be not like I haven't seen other things parody and have issues sigh)

Light Novel:

The Isolator (to just 'own' a light novel, it's not good, it's not bad just average, I'm about 40 pages in......)

For visual novels just to add something else then I guess:
-Danganronpa 3,
-Steins;gate (main, 0, dating sim one not played the other two as much as main),
-Date A Live trilogy platinumed it,
-Conception Plus (sure RPG but eh it's part visual novel dating sim),
-I mean Disgaea series is yes part visual novel cutscenes and mostly RPG but eh
if emulation then sure Love Plus.
Otherwise tried Eternal Hour's demo.....
Yeah not have many I can remember and mostly going to be tactics RPGs as I like those more or turn based I can tolerate the mechanics of.
Suntanned_Duck2Jun 11, 2023 4:47 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Recommendations of Disappointment

JaaShooUhh - 12 hours ago

29 by DigiCat »»
39 minutes ago

» Anime recommandations for a first-timer

WickedFM - 2 hours ago

8 by JoeChip »»
44 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9113 by Kenny_Stryker »»
1 hour ago

» Who are your favorite canon couples? (Beware of spoilers)

Shizuna - Mar 30

29 by Chileno-12 »»
1 hour ago

» A character who is impossible to love?

torsan88 - Jun 6

47 by Entity72 »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.