Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 14, 2020 7:58 AM
Nov 2018
it was an amazing episode but what does tohru mean at the end when she says that the "light surely burns"?
Jul 14, 2020 8:13 AM

Dec 2015
First episode since Yuki and Tohru visited Ayame's shop that I'm not an emotional wreck afterwards, but the only reason for that is that part after the credits. Ayame is really something.

That being said, like others have said before Ayame is the true MVP here. Yuki should be glad with a brother like him even if he can be obnoxious sometimes. At least he cares about him, something we can't say about that mother of theirs. She definitely is amongst the worst parents I've ever seen in anime. Thinking about it now only Kyo's father is worse. You just don't use your children as tools and you certainly don't tell them you regret giving birth to them. You're no mother if you do that.

I do wonder when Tohru won't be able to contain those negative feelings of hers anymore. She will be alright with friends like the Sohmas, Saki and Arisa but it will probably be a huge mess especially since she's usually the one who makes the others feel better. I just hope it won't be where Akito can see it because he'll take full advantage of the situation even if he doesn't know why Tohru breaks down.

Edit: For get to mention I love, love, love Ritsu's heian style clothing in the ED!
holysauronJul 14, 2020 8:16 AM
Jul 14, 2020 11:16 AM

Apr 2015
Banter between Shigure and Mayu was amazing to watch as well!

Yuki's mum was a pain in the ass but I am glad that Ayame walked in and saved Yuki's day a bit!!
Jul 14, 2020 12:23 PM

Jul 2014
Seeing Ayame help Yuki out was lovely after his past neglect.
AtavisticJul 14, 2020 12:27 PM
Jul 14, 2020 3:02 PM

Apr 2017
So much character development! I feel spoiled.
The interactions between all of the characters were meaningful, there wasn't a wasted scene. I was surprised when it ended, I hadn't even realised 23 minutes had gone by! I'm looking forward to next week.
Jul 14, 2020 3:43 PM

Jun 2015
Every week with them feels. This is story telling at its most impactful.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 14, 2020 3:57 PM

Jan 2009
There was so important character developement with Yuki:
- he realizes his he can depend on his brother, that his aniki supports him despite of how goofy he can be
- he finally stood up for himself in front of his mother
- last scene shows that he is no longer lonely, Tohru is not his only friend, she doesn't have to worry about him, because he is fine, he is doing better and better. He can be saved without her help. Which is really good for him, because he always felt bad about how he doesn't have friends, that people like him for what they think he is like, not real him.

Maybe soon Kyou will call Hanazawa "mother" ^-^
Jul 14, 2020 4:57 PM

Oct 2008
oh so that's unexpected for me...that Hanajima has taken a liking to Shishou...quite an age gap...
4/5.

Jul 14, 2020 6:09 PM

Sep 2017
Man that mom is such a bitch. That was such a bro moment when Ayame showed up and just dominated his mom (yes I know phrasing). Anyway great episode.
Jul 14, 2020 6:59 PM

Oct 2011
Thank god for Ayame coming to support Yuki. Their mother is a horrible human being. This episode had a bit of everything, I loved it.
Jul 14, 2020 7:04 PM

Jun 2017
Ayame and his mother looked more like siblings rather than mother and son.😲

I feel so sorry for Kyo. Out of all the students, he's the one who has no future because it's already settled that he'll be imprisoned for the rest of his days.😭😭

"I want to be by your side. I can't think of anything other than that." -Kyo

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jul 14, 2020 9:05 PM

Jul 2016
I can't even express how much I loved Ayame this episode. I went from feeling real bad for Yuki to immediately start smiling the moment he arrived. And the way how Yuki's eyes shimmered when he saw his brother... peak wholesomeness.

Another excellent episode featuring a perfect blend between heavy drama and comedy. We took a deeper look into our protagonists' plans (or lack of them in Kyou's case) for the future and we also found out how much of a cold and toxic person Yuki's mother can be. As if it wasn't enough with Akito's recurrent psychological abuse, her coldness towards her own son sure was hard to watch but considering the somewhat hopeful note in how the episode ended, I can see her character getting some proper redemption later on. I mean, at least she seems more redeemable than Akito or Kyou's scumbag father, for example.

And as for Yuki, it seems the boy can't catch a break but the amount of character development he has been receiving lately is truly fantastic. Hope he can remain in this correct path because it seems that sooner rather than later, both him and Kyou will need to stay stronger than ever for Tohru's eventual emotional collapse.
Jul 15, 2020 5:19 AM

Aug 2018
i like how close Uotani and Kyo to one another in hilarious way same with Shigure and Mayu lol

That Hanajima confession xD
that was surprising

Never seen Shigure in a suit lmao
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jul 15, 2020 11:40 AM

Feb 2009
Everytime Yuki runs past Tohru he matures a little bit to handle his own discomfort himself, and everytime Kyo pictures Tohru they somehow end up in each other's spaces. It's such beautiful subtlety.

Jul 15, 2020 12:04 PM

Nov 2017
Excellent episode!

Shigure is always true to himself, as Ayame who saved Yuki from their mother! xD On the other hand, this CRAZY cliffhanger!
ElyshionSep 1, 2020 3:21 PM
Jul 15, 2020 1:04 PM

Apr 2018
Damn Shigure this ep looks handsome lol. Students deciding what they would be doing in the future is quite realistic. Choosing what you are going to do after high school is tough. Ayame to the save.
Jul 16, 2020 12:09 PM

May 2016
One Problem fixed not fully but that was some good progress.
Jul 17, 2020 5:26 AM

May 2018
Nice episode. Yuki is finally on talking terms with his mother
Jul 17, 2020 9:38 PM

Mar 2018
This might be my favorite ep of this season. Fantastic ep, really excited for what's to come.
Jul 18, 2020 8:27 PM

Nov 2012
Great episode. Yuki's mom is hideous but so many are. Poor thing. I was so happy when the door opened. I knew it was Ayame. I had to feel sorry for the poor teacher and giggle at the end. She had a mini reunion. First, Gure then Aya so she had to call Tori. I wish my male single friends were that gorgeous.
Jul 21, 2020 6:32 AM

Sep 2018
Yo! Does anyone know the name of the OST that's played when yuki's mom visits the school?
Please let me know if you do ^^ Thanks!
Aug 18, 2020 11:45 PM

Oct 2007
Shigure looks younger when he's in a suit and hair fixed.

Oh, and having friends over to the house feels so nice.

Yuki's brother is amazing. ^^
Aug 20, 2020 4:08 AM

Nov 2016
This was an engaging episode. Not all of us are fortunate to have caring and understanding parents, so there will be the moment where you gotta stand up for yourself. Of course even better if you got supporting people around you.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 23, 2020 10:15 PM

Jan 2019
The, "Has she always been so small?" line messed me up bro- because that's exactly what it feels like.
Aug 31, 2020 7:22 AM

Jun 2019
Bruh, this ep was so heartwarming. After a few steps, no one can change them.
lettuce<3
Sep 8, 2020 10:37 AM

Jun 2020

ayame :') he really is showing to yuki that he wants to make amends & be there for him. how touching, and yuki definitely appreciated it too. what a horrible mother, saying such nasty things to her own sons. and once again sakurai takahiro showed great range this episode.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 28, 2020 6:02 PM

Jun 2013
The cinematography when Mayu was speaking her mind tp Yuki's mom was super cool - with Mayu getting larger and Yuki's mom getting smaller to show his mom's losing of power over Yuki. Very nice! Ayame's such a great big bro!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Oct 2, 2020 10:28 PM

Dec 2013
Shigure and Mayu interacting at school was hilarious.

Great timing by Ayame! It was nice to see Yuuki standing up to his mother.
Oct 7, 2020 6:55 AM

Aug 2017
Probably one of the best episodes regarding Yuki and his family issues! I'm really liking Ayame this season, he was annoying in Season 1, now I can understand him since he has more depth.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 2, 2020 4:44 PM
Jul 2020
I love Ayame!:3 He’s so fun!!
Mar 22, 2021 12:50 PM

Jun 2019
I love Shigure. Ayame is a good brother.
Apr 25, 2021 2:23 PM

Mar 2010
Yuki's brother really pulled through, damn his mom is such a whore.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 30, 2021 1:14 AM

Dec 2020
i barely fast forwarded any parts this episode. loved the interactions on the first half, the characters are really Really growing on me lol. and the other half focusing on yuki, specifically his relationship with his mother, while feeling uncomfortable and almost unstable ayame came. first time yuki felt some sort of comfort and delight with ayame's presence. even saying that he can "depend" on him. that was so sweet so glad they're doing better
May 26, 2021 8:24 AM

Apr 2020
"I'll do my best to meddle" I died hahaha

Ayame once again stood out. What an awesome guy

Yuki's been having a huge meal of character development, ain't he
Jul 1, 2021 4:27 PM

Mar 2018
This series doesn't fail when it comes to kill the atmosphere with a random comedy moment.
Jul 24, 2021 9:03 PM

Jan 2020
I died when Ayame pulled out his phone to fill in "Tori-san" as he refers to him, on what Yuki said. Enjoyable episode, but I'm a little worried about Kyo and how down he's been feeling. As far as I can recall from the previous season, he's somehow related Tohru's mom's death. That kid really has it rough, with graduation approaching and potentially being behind the death of the poor girl's mom, he'll probably break down.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Aug 7, 2021 1:56 AM

Jul 2021
Shigure is damn extra, but I'm not complaining tho. Kyo and Yuki going to have serious thoughts about their future now. I'm once again asking, how can I slap something through my screen!?

Aya-san literally saved the day!
Aug 27, 2021 7:27 PM

Dec 2018
what can i say, another masterpiece from the studio
this isn't usually my bag of tea but it's so well done
Sep 11, 2021 5:06 AM

Jul 2015
Just when I wished Ayame was there to support Yuki when he needs it the most ...he arrives at the perfect time! Ayame truly has become a great brother.

Oct 21, 2021 9:48 AM

Nov 2018
I enjoy very much seeing Yuki confronting his own weaknesses! Every victory he has, no matter how small, is a real treat to me!

On another note, it seems to me that Tohru has become more rebellious. If I'm correct, she has just openly declared war to Akito 😈.

I'm astonished every time I discover how different Shigure's personality is from that of a dog (in my opinion anyway...)
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Dec 11, 2021 3:19 PM

Dec 2007
at the end of this episode yuki's drama seems like nothing. he got over his mom's problem like nothing lol.
his mother is a trash though.

evert episode ayame is in it though is masterpiece by itself.
shigure is great by himself, but it's all known now.
Feb 28, 2022 5:43 PM

Nov 2015
Yuki and Ayame's mom seems relaly ocld, but at the same time both of her children were boys born under the zodiac, so you can kinda of understand! Though it doens't justify how badly treated Yuki has been. I feel like she will warm up in the future (maybe with Tohru's help? ;D)

I hope Kyo end up taking care of his dad's dojo! And that Tohru goes to university! But I wouldn't blame her if she didn't <3
Sep 17, 2022 3:35 PM

Jan 2008
Shigure and Mayu's interactions were funny and so was Tohru & Uo's reaction to Saki calling Kyo's dad handsome.

Yuki and Ayame's mom is so frigid. So nice that Ayame came in to help Yuki when he really needed a push.
Jan 29, 2023 8:10 PM

Jul 2022
Cuando Ayame puso su mano en la cabeza de Yuki y este se sintió "amado/rescatado" me partí de risa fuerte xDDDDDDDDD

Feb 27, 2023 11:17 PM
Nov 2020
Beautiful. Beautiful.
Mar 25, 2023 4:10 PM

Dec 2012
Although quieter (minus Aya's exuberant theatrics), this episode has a profoundly humbling effect when considering the grand scheme of the Zodiac curse. Rather than hated or reviled, I think Yuki's mother is someone to be pitied. In many cases, the parents & adults that are shown to be cold & cruel were ultimately people who got trapped in their circumstances and never found a way out. I often try to imagine how Kyo & Yuki would have ended up without Tohru. Would anyone cast judgment on them for becoming embittered and succumbing to their own situations?
May 26, 10:15 AM

Apr 2017
Shigure sounds off everyone's sus meter, except for Tohru who can't help but try to see the good in everyone.

Yuki's mom in that parent-teacher conference sent a gut punch. The way she looks down on her kids and only views them as tools to use. The way she wants to micro-manage Yuki and sat by his abuse, simply for status and money. Disgusting woman.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2020

240 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 28, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2020

127 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2020

124 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2020

106 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2020

142 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 10:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.