Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2019 1:40 PM

Aug 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Harou processes Koharu's challenge, unsure what to do.
Jiiya gets fired for getting Oono a game console for the car.
Harou's mother proves to be too much for the Dragon Lady.
Enter Oono's sister and unlike her little sis, she ain't no mute.
Harou and Oono spend a beautiful day together, with Oona being very expressive this episode. It looks like more tough times and separation for the pair.
It looks like next episode is a Koharu episode.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Mar 20, 2019 3:01 PM

Aug 2009
Looks like I coincidentally finished watching the first season just on time, because this morning I noticed Netflix added three more episodes! A very nice surprise indeed. I couldn't have lived with that cliffhanger, so I'm glad I can continue watching immediately.

I was really happy that Haruo's mom overheard that teacher lady badmouthing her son. She gave her a good mouth full lol.

I'm still on team Hidaka, but I highly doubt she and Haruo are gonna go out. Also Haruo WHEN A GIRL LEANS ON YOU LIKE THAT, YOU CAN AT LEAST EMBRACE HER, JESUS
Mar 20, 2019 4:16 PM

May 2016
Finally Netflix listened my prayers and did an international release.

I already read this part of the manga but, even so, I really, liked it.
Mar 20, 2019 5:57 PM

Jun 2015
All the wholesomeness
Mar 20, 2019 6:59 PM

Jul 2017

Masterpiece-in-a-masterpiece.
あなたは誰?
Mar 20, 2019 8:40 PM

Jan 2013
3 takeaways:
the mom is awesome!
Ono's OH HO while wrecking shit at Virtua Fighter is adorable
and that cork ricocheting off the Neo Geo to Ono's head is LOL
Mar 20, 2019 9:48 PM

Mar 2014
Beautiful but heartbreaking ;~;

At least they had this nice day together...
Mar 20, 2019 11:36 PM

May 2015
Akira has an older sister...Makoto!? Why do they look the same!? And she talks...

Haruo's mom is best mom.

Ziiya is best butler.

"Oh look. It's the summer festival. How nice...But screw that, we're here for the arcades!" LOL!

Haruo just read Akira's upset expression and knew that she was hungry. Cute!

This is so sad for Akira. It's her last day of getting to be with Haruo :(

The way they looked at each other one last time and then went their separate ways. So sad!

I really miss this show even though the TV series was not too long ago...
Mar 21, 2019 3:29 AM

Mar 2014
Haruo...when a girl gives you a copy of FF6, you get down on your knees and propose to her right then and there.

In all seriousness I really enjoyed the show and have been anticipating for the continuation after that cliff hanger of an ending.

We also have the driver being an absolute mvp and Haruo's mom continuing to show why she's best mom.
Mar 21, 2019 7:28 AM
Oct 2017
In the minute 18, the "Oomph" uwu

Was very exciting hear Ono's voice. It's funny to see the credits and see that see have a voice actress in each dub just for her moans.
Mar 21, 2019 9:20 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great episode! Props to Netflix for realeasing the subbed version so early already, very thankful for that! I’d already downloaded the episodes from the afternoon but just couldn’t get the time to watch it. Good thing I’ve the whole night to myself, actually I don’t but I’ll make sure I do by messing up tomorrow xD.
It really brought back the authentic feeling from the tv series in flying colours and it was absolutely amazing! Listening to the Op and ED and that distinctive art style, it’s great to be back home lol!

Harou unsurprisingly is unsure how to react to Hidaka’s shocking confession. Lol @ that scene with that friend, Harou has yet to realise his beloved one but I’m sure this little upcoming time drift which is sure to come will at least give him some indication, or so I hope. Harou’s mother is just best mother, she not only overheard the conversation but also proved to be a challenge for the teacher. Lol @ at the whole ‘I’m glad to be your son’ followed by the result card and those final finishing moves. Ah, definitely best mom.

It’s good to know that Oono’s sister doesn’t like their teacher too, and it’s honestly no wonder why. Speaking of the sister, quite the interesting first appearance for her. She’ll surely be fun to watch and hopefully a support for Harou x Oono, looking forward to that!

But more importantly, Oono! She was just so adorable as always, loved it! All those face expressions and just the interaction with Harou this episode was stunning! I’m all in for team Oono and this episode felt a heads-up for that. Similarly, the hidden sadness was wonderfully presented too. “How many times have we been separated already? Wait, this might be the last” and then Harou staring and calling her cute followed by the kick, was just like a ride of emotions really. Also, that little bold move from Oono by leaning on his shoulder, god this was heartrending. I’d loved to see at least embrace her in response but .. I’m fine with this, kind of gets the sadness across, I suppose. I really hope Oono can get rid of these tight regulations by these three episodes so that I can at least rest easy until Fall Season.

Another special mention to the butler, Ziiya. It’s so sad that he’s gotten fired from being her private driver just for providing her a little time of joy. Moreover, he’s been around with her since she was 6 so it’s probably been close to a decade by now. Man, he’s so into it that he even remembers the games by their music. God, things must be really tough for the two of them to accept these developments. I’m glad he managed to give her some precious time with Harou with his very last moments (he’s not dying, lol) though. I really hope to see come back to his duties.

All in all, a wonderful first episode to get this OVA series started! Can’t wait to finish the remaining two and obviously eagerly hyped for Season 2 already!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 21, 2019 2:10 PM

Dec 2016
It was nice to see Haruo and Akira spending some time together, but at the same time it's very sad having them to be able to see each other just for one day ;-;

Makoto doesn't seem to have manners XD Miss Goda is very strict it's scarry and poor Ziiya... that was a big punnishment there :(

Nice episode! Virtua Fighter, how nostalgic ^^

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Mar 21, 2019 7:48 PM
Mar 2015
That was a really sweet date
Mar 21, 2019 10:38 PM
Jan 2019
After a few months this great anime returns. I am very pleased.
1. It was a surprise to know that Ono had a sister. It's kind of crazy, great 😂
2. The instructor of the Ono family is a damn nuisance. If it were not for her, everything would be easier for Akira.
3. The way Haruo's mother defended him was incredible. "She is a wonderful mother."
4. The driver is one of my favorite anime characters. What a great subject. It's a shame that I stopped being Akira's driver.
5. Nooo, what a sad farewell. I would have liked Haruo to give Ono al at least a hug.
6. And now there's the matter with Hidaka. From my perspective it is a difficult decision, I love Hidaka, but what would make Haruo happier would be to stay with Ono.
Mar 22, 2019 3:41 PM

Mar 2010
"Oono, you've got a really cute face"
Gets hit after that.

That was the moment for me. And of course the way they parted.
Apr 1, 2019 2:19 PM
Nov 2013
Hows that stupid instructor runs family ? I know we need some villian but this is just stupid. I get when she try teach Ono but going to another family and basicaly threat them ? I will kick her sorry ass. Points to haruho mother keep it cool i will be furious if somebody come to my house and insult my kid like that. I will propably slap that bitch hard. And it is not even her kid who she "defend".
Apr 4, 2019 10:44 AM

Mar 2010
Lylaaz said:
"Oono, you've got a really cute face"
Gets hit after that.

That was the moment for me. And of course the way they parted.

A silent tsundere treatment, the cuteness haha mix of kuu and tsun :p

Good episode tho i feel sorry for ohno... why cant she do what she likes as long as it doesnt get to addiction it should be fine and actually increase her energy and motivation as its a reward for good performance perhaps that would be way better.

Butler at least understood it..
GyarutsundereApr 4, 2019 10:48 AM
May 16, 2019 12:19 AM

Feb 2018
Nice shot Oono xD.
Jun 1, 2019 11:13 AM

Aug 2007
I really feel bad for Akira. I can imagine in reality too much kids like her. But I am overthinking.

LOL, the final fantasy makes its appearance for first time. I was too young to remember that time of videogames.
Jun 14, 2019 7:49 AM

Feb 2019
I'm so sad when they parted :( fuck goeda
owkey
Jul 5, 2019 3:44 AM

Sep 2012
JokerVentura said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Harou processes Koharu's challenge, unsure what to do.
Jiiya gets fired for getting Oono a game console for the car.
Harou's mother proves to be too much for the Dragon Lady.
Enter Oono's sister and unlike her little sis, she ain't no mute.
Harou and Oono spend a beautiful day together, with Oona being very expressive this episode. It looks like more tough times and separation for the pair.
It looks like next episode is a Koharu episode.

i think her being mute is methaphor to how rich jap girls have no right to say what they wan't they half to do what parents tell them to do, she won't speak ubtill she stands up to her father

Aug 12, 2019 4:39 AM

Jan 2008
And we're back exactly where we left off after Hidaka's confession.

Miyao is once again a true bro, understanding and supporting our MC.

This episode was so frustrating due to the way that teacher acted towards Ziya and Haruo. Her referring to Haruo as a "bug" was especially aggravating, after all he did to resolve the situation Ono's family created by being so strict with her. It's so annoying that neither of them were able to stand up to her. I mean, why are all the men in this show so submissive? I wished Haruo would just tell her off - what does he have to lose anyway, she is not his teacher. He needed his mom to come to the rescue, which was great by the way. His mom can really understand him and supports him 100%.

Other than that, the episode was OK, nothing too spectacular, except this:

backdoornight said:

Tell me about it!

FFVI is my favorite FF and one of my favorite games ever! It's unfortunate that so many great games are only mentioned briefly in this show without showing the characters play and discuss them. I would kill for them to get into more details about Chrono Trigger or any Final Fantasy. But the focus in this show seems to be on fighting games. I guess the schedule doesn't admit it for them to get serious into RPGs, but it's still a pity.
Darklord_bgAug 12, 2019 4:43 AM
Aug 15, 2019 1:11 AM

Jan 2011
That's why his mum is the best.
Sep 28, 2019 4:42 AM

Oct 2008
OH GOD! this episode was very touching and emotional!
I started watching this because Fall-2019 is gonna have a lot of sequel shows and this one of them, of course everyone should watch the extra episodes because it definitely connects to the Season 2
5/5.

Sep 29, 2019 2:41 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I just finished ep12 yesterday, so it was a really smooth transiction to me, and I couldnt have loved it more, again that Goda bitch... the mangaka surely knows how to deliver some drama, but I hope things get fixed soon, Tarou's mom surely kicked ass on that scene, such a nice mother.

Hidaka made a bold confession but despite my respect for her, I hope Tarou doesnt accept that condition cuz he may as well lose, considering Hidaka is a maiden in love, and this dude has yet to really admit or be opened about his feelings for Ono.

While I love the whole arcade references, there is no doubt, the show centers around Ono, and when it does, it is an unbeatable force, ep12 already gave us so many Ono warming scenes, I feel like my heart will really melt if they keep going this strong, sadly whoever, it seems it may really be the end of them together for awhile...

Also, didnt even know Ono had a sister, but I feel a bit mixed, that her behavior is what caused all this strict life upon Ono.

backdoornight said:

Love that game to death, probably the best JRPG ever made, and I just played it for the first time in 2015-16.
Games like those are timeless.
And this anime/series I think will follow the same path, this is seriously the best thing JCstaff has put in recent years, and in CG, feels like a miracle.

DMind said:
Haruo...when a girl gives you a copy of FF6, you get down on your knees and propose to her right then and there.

I would seriously without restrain propose to a girl I loved from the bottom of my heart right away if she gave me a copy of FF6, it is kinda funny but man, if you understand it, then you just cant let such a precious girl walk out of your life like that... which was why I was a bit disappointed to see him doing nothing other than stay still when Ono leaned on him like that.
PlaycoolSep 29, 2019 2:48 AM
Oct 13, 2019 8:29 PM
Jan 2016
Damn, didn't know that ono have a sister, and she is able to talk!

Haruo's mother is the best, i liked the way she defended Haruo, an dshe is totally right!

Ziiya, the best butle was dismissed because of being the best buttler, he didn't deserve that, Goda is a bitch! :o

haruo and Ono date was really awesome, its fantastic how haruo can read her expressions, and she gaveus a lot of cute expression, damn Haruo atleast hug her in your farewel, it was really sad damn!
Nov 20, 2019 8:46 PM

Sep 2017
Finally catching myself up so I can jump into season 2 before it finishes. This was a pretty sad ep. Goda is just awful. At least we have best mom to be happy about.
Nov 28, 2019 10:48 PM
Aug 2017
Couple goals, awww finally some more romantic scene with Ono and Haruo. Doki doki type beat indeed 10:10
Dec 13, 2019 6:42 AM

Aug 2017
Haruo and Akira spending time together was really cute.

Oono's sister is really talkative.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 12, 2020 12:00 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Her reaction was officially the most tsundere thing ever.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 18, 2020 10:01 PM

Dec 2008
These are OVAs? They seem like just part of the series.

I felt sorry for Akira in this episode.
Apr 15, 2020 8:15 AM

Jul 2015
Nice to see they continued this after the cliffhanger end of season 1, kind of forgot what happened but I still remember the overall gist of the story

Never badmouth a guy when his mom is nearby, damn his mom is awesome

Really hope that gameaddict realises who he is in love with soon

May 25, 2020 8:41 AM

Jun 2017
That b**** really deserves to die. Where is truck-kun when you need him??!!

I wish Harou had stood up to her and gave her some strong choice words.

Ono getting a Gamegear (albit very briefly...) and winning FF6 then giving it to Harou were pretty cute scenes though :).

Hope that b**** gets fired (or worse) soon, but unfortunately that doesn't seem very likely...
Jun 7, 2020 12:00 PM

Feb 2017
Go OFF Okaa-san, fuck this stupid old glasses hag
𝘼 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡 𝙙𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮
May 22, 2022 3:24 PM

Aug 2017
E_Creator said:
Go OFF Okaa-san, fuck this stupid old glasses hag
Okaa-san the true MVP here

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Jun 14, 2023 5:46 AM

Dec 2022
Great episodeeee

More topics from this board

Poll: » High Score Girl: Extra Stage Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mxxxstation - Mar 20, 2019

83 by dspr »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » High Score Girl: Extra Stage Episode 2 Discussion

JokerVentura - Mar 20, 2019

43 by dspr »»
Jun 14, 2023 6:43 AM

» What are you thoughts on how they ended hi score girl extra

Jp124 - Mar 23, 2019

2 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Mar 23, 2019 4:48 AM

» Will this adapt the reamining chapters?

LuteFlute - Dec 30, 2018

26 by vellabrown »»
Mar 21, 2019 1:54 AM

» Promotional Video(PV)

_MushiRock11_ - Dec 26, 2018

5 by LastLuminescence »»
Dec 30, 2018 11:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.