Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2018 10:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So we're still getting focus on Hatsume and her old friend.

This episode also had more fan service than I had expected lol. Even this show has the inevitable swimsuit episode! Still felt like it's an important episode as Hatsume continues to try and rebuild her friendship with Theresia. Personally, I don't trust Theresia much since her introduction.

Damn, I also forgot how tough Goe can be. Never underestimate her.
Nov 17, 2018 12:17 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
An excellent episode that did well in expanding upon Goemon's character and show her inner insecurity while progressing the plot. The swimsuit scene was pretty amusing. The girls sure made the subjugation of the rioters look easy. Risky method that Aoba used to reveal the truth though but i do admire her determination and cunning here. Goemon's assault on the criminals base was fun. The combo of the spyce and the hypnosis sure made her a potent force. Aoba's attempts to calm Goemon sure was heartfelt. Both the fight to hold Goemon and Aoba's attempt to stop her were tense affairs but im glad that she came to her senses. Its nice that Goemon got the reward she wanted. Curious to see what happens next with Theresia though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2018 1:50 PM

Jan 2018
Hm. I guess Goe isn't the traitor. Looking more and more like it's Momo.
Nov 17, 2018 2:29 PM

Aug 2013
Why did they sub it as "adore"? It should be "love" someone should fix those subs and upload a revised version.
Nov 17, 2018 2:39 PM

Jun 2017
When you are under drugs but still wreck a criminal organization. Goe was pretty badass, she became may favorite lol, it's also nice that we can cross her out from the traitor list. Also that confession, I ship it! Looks like Hatsume got bamboozled and her old friend ratted her out in the end. She will still probably get redeemed regardless.
Nov 17, 2018 2:52 PM
Jun 2013
Anon028 said:
Why did they sub it as "adore"? It should be "love" someone should fix those subs and upload a revised version.

If you're a Japanese expert, why aren't you subbing anime professionally? Why are you watching subs in the first place?
Nov 17, 2018 4:14 PM

Feb 2013
Tsunshine-Chris said:
Hm. I guess Goe isn't the traitor. Looking more and more like it's Momo.

With another backstory of one of the Tsukikage...It's becoming more and more that it's Momo or Yuki which I've had my own suspicions for a while.

I'm giving Release the Spyce staff the benefit of the doubt that it's either Momo or Yuki as if it's Katrina then it's just the typical "minor character with little screentime is the traitor" and that would break and anti-climax the mystery by giving us VERY little to who the traitor is, that's kinda why I'm pushing for Momo or Yuki to be the traitor as that would be VERY surprising and having the developed main cast would have to deal with their leader or the newcomer to be the traitor all along.

Also...finally the Boss of Moryo shows her face....hmmmmm I know this is past the halfway point but is there any reasoning to show her face to us now?...is this a red herring or is this "her"...I'm getting paranoia by this point all because of the traitor.

Nonetheless a good episode focusing on Goemon and showing off how dangerous the quiet shy ninja really is.

Nov 17, 2018 4:18 PM

Aug 2013
snapular said:
Anon028 said:

If you're a Japanese expert, why aren't you subbing anime professionally? Why are you watching subs in the first place?

Because I'm lazy, why do you think I'm asking someone else to fix the subs? Which are indeed wrong.
Nov 17, 2018 4:37 PM
Jun 2013
Anon028 said:
snapular said:

Because I'm lazy, why do you think I'm asking someone else to fix the subs? Which are indeed wrong.

You don't think "adore" is an acceptable synonym for "love"? Particularly in a non-romantic context?
Nov 17, 2018 4:59 PM
Mar 2017
Moryo begins to cause chaos.
Hatsume is still trying to get Theresia back to being friends, but this has affected poor Goe, who feels displaced and alone (poor thing, someone give her a hug)
Moryo's boss scatters a powder that put the people in a hypnotic state, among those people Goe is affected, She is sent to attack a group of mobsters, Goe turns out to be unstoppable defeating all the members of the organization alone, she also defeats Yuuki and Momo.
Hatsume reveals her identity to Theresia and also tells her that she already knew that she was a spying of Moryo, in the end Hatsume manages to get rid of Theresia and thus manages to get where her partners and Goe are, Hatsume with her words manages to reach the feelings of Goe and thus manages to recover her apprentice and friend.
The part where Goe asks Hatsume to pamper her and go out together was very adorable. Momo also gave us some fan service, I think the reason why Fuu told her she didn´t fit in that swimsuit was because she was jealous of the spectacular body Momo has.
Nov 17, 2018 5:53 PM

Oct 2015
I was really surprised by Goemon's power, I though she was just a side character who didn't matter. I never paid much attention to her but now it's different. Even Hatsume will be paying attention to her from now on.

Good episode,
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 17, 2018 6:22 PM

Apr 2012
Anon028 said:

If you are talking about the “confession” scene, then I would venture to suggest that at this moment the translators were afraid of possible “unnecessary” ambiguous implications. But the context of the scene completely allows “loves very much”, regardless of what the heroine meant by “loves”.

snapular said:
You don't think "adore" is an acceptable synonym for "love"? Particularly in a non-romantic context?

Acceptable, there is no error. But the context easily allows "love". Another thing is that daisuki are not used for romantic confessions, but this is a different conversation, which makes little sense in the context of such a show.

RobertBobertNov 17, 2018 6:29 PM
Nov 17, 2018 7:41 PM

Jan 2013
Hatsume was straight up savage to Teresa

i must say, gassed up + spiced up Goemon is a beast
Nov 17, 2018 9:02 PM

May 2017
This show is so underrated

Hatsume was so smart and badass, she just became my favorite character

And damn, Goe so op, and I feel bad suspecting her as the traitor the whole time, at this point, I think Momo is the traitor, erasing her memories and making fake ones to trick everyone
Nov 18, 2018 12:10 AM

Jul 2017
Anon028 said:

I fixed it.

Seriously though. That translation was super cringe.
Nov 18, 2018 12:13 AM

Mar 2014
the traitor is likely gonna be hanzo as the story is focusing on the relationships of each pair, and the pair of momo and hanzo is still lacking developments. Hanzo is too perfect now, so this pair will lead to the main climax.
Nov 18, 2018 3:57 AM

May 2018
Damn Goe totally went one man army on that crime family! She's totally badass even when under drugs.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Nov 18, 2018 4:07 AM

Jun 2017
Did Goe just punch a hole through the floor?Amazing

I have no words for the soundtrack,so stylish and sassy

Good episode, interesting dynamic between Goe and Hatsume, even though I don't personally care about Hatsume

I hope that they are able to handle the final part of this show
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Nov 18, 2018 6:05 AM
Jan 2017
Does anyone have the name of the track which was playing while Goe was going "Oldboy" on that crime family?
Nov 18, 2018 6:08 AM

Aug 2013
Goe was pretty badass taking down a criminal syndicate alone.

Good episode overall.

Nov 18, 2018 6:33 AM

Apr 2015
Hatsume put Theresia in a very difficult situation. Her savageness was awesome! Eventhough she was bluffing about poisoning her.

Goe was badass, Taking down a crime family on her own. That was some really nice action and a very nice soundtrack to go along with it! She packs quite the punch, jeez!! Yuki and Momo have trouble dealing with her together. She's hella strong! Really loved this episode!
Nov 18, 2018 7:04 AM

Jan 2017
Best episode so far, we had everything from swimsuits to badass fighting!

Need that OST CD ASAP!
Nov 18, 2018 7:37 AM

Aug 2013
snapular said:

It shouldn't be up to the subber to decide the context, love is the most neutral translation for the audience to decide what context it was, subber is either entitled or personally biased if they think they can decide the context themselves.
Nov 18, 2018 7:51 AM

Oct 2007
MomoSinX said:
When you are under drugs but still wreck a criminal organization. Goe was pretty badass, she became may favorite lol, it's also nice that we can cross her out from the traitor list. Also that confession, I ship it! Looks like Hatsume got bamboozled and her old friend ratted her out in the end. She will still probably get redeemed regardless.

Not only the criminal organization.. Goe also wreck Hanzo and Momo, the two look like they cannot fight back anymore when Aoba arrive just in time to save them.
Nov 18, 2018 9:28 AM

Oct 2012
Anon028 said:
snapular said:

It shouldn't be up to the subber to decide the context, love is the most neutral translation for the audience to decide what context it was, subber is either entitled or personally biased if they think they can decide the context themselves.

Adore is a perfectly acceptable rendition of daisuki in that context, if anything it's actually more faithful to the original Japanese than love would be and I'm glad the subber decided to use it

The English word "love" has a ridiculously broad meaning that makes it impossible to properly convey the nuances of the Japanese words for liking things
Nov 18, 2018 8:18 PM

Jan 2011
episode was great and most likely the best animated so far

was both surprised by Goe and Hatsume up to now they kinda seem to be one dimensional
Nov 18, 2018 10:10 PM

Jul 2013
Well.. Who knew how well drugs could affect a person when you're basically a one woman army and defeat a crime mob. Anyway nice to see development from Goe and Hatsume.

Nov 19, 2018 5:13 AM

Feb 2018

Where can i buy this spyce? It was strong enough to make Goe sliced a sword with just a HAND
Nov 19, 2018 6:32 AM

Aug 2013
jeam said:

Adore is a perfectly acceptable rendition of daisuki in that context, if anything it's actually more faithful to the original Japanese than love would be and I'm glad the subber decided to use it

The English word "love" has a ridiculously broad meaning that makes it impossible to properly convey the nuances of the Japanese words for liking things

So you think adore is more romantic than love? Because if you don't, you got the context wrong.
Nov 19, 2018 7:42 PM

Nov 2017
ade-pewe said:

Where can i buy this spyce? It was strong enough to make Goe sliced a sword with just a HAND

- This SPyce works like weed without "stoned" side effect... if you smoke weed without stoned, even i beat you with stick, you wont feel pain (yet)

- hmmm... Triangle love of yuri, this is unusual
- what is the tittle of the insert song? its cool
Now Loading.....
Nov 21, 2018 5:11 PM

Oct 2008
So Goe is stronger than Yuki huh...
when Goe was not her usual self, shes damn destructive! and the animation was bit really well done!
5/5.

Nov 22, 2018 12:38 AM
Jan 2016
bondtux said:
ade-pewe said:

- This SPyce works like weed without "stoned" side effect... if you smoke weed without stoned, even i beat you with stick, you wont feel pain (yet)

- hmmm... Triangle love of yuri, this is unusual
- what is the tittle of the insert song? its cool

The song title is Sugar & Spice , it was Goe's character song
You can hear it from here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrQTTHBTXas
Nov 22, 2018 7:31 AM

Sep 2011
Lairucrem said:
This show is so underrated

Hatsume was so smart and badass, she just became my favorite character

And damn, Goe so op, and I feel bad suspecting her as the traitor the whole time, at this point, I think Momo is the traitor, erasing her memories and making fake ones to trick everyone

Indeed that this show is underrated. It has good action scenes and has realistic and understandable characters' mindsets and motives. I guess what draws them back is they think this is just "cute girls doing cute things but with action".

Nov 22, 2018 7:02 PM

Nov 2017
ChloeYan said:

The song title is Sugar & Spice , it was Goe's character song
You can hear it from here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrQTTHBTXas

Thank you man, i'll grab it as soon as it release.
Now Loading.....
Nov 24, 2018 2:30 AM

Apr 2015
It was good, simple plot but the individual scenes were written very well, for the most part. Very compelling action
Nov 28, 2018 2:58 AM

Aug 2017
The yuri-bait in this show is hilarious. Goe is very strong lmao.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 30, 2018 8:39 AM

Mar 2017
Talk no jutsu is powerful against lesbians so it would seem
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Dec 12, 2018 7:28 AM
Mar 2018
I'm sorry anime, but that one scene with the rocketlauncher was bonkers. The yakuza boss should've been double-dead from the backblast and then from the explosion as well as the shrapnel of the exploding warhead so close to everyone...

And so far the plot has been pretty... standard. Like a secret organisation that sounds similar to Moryarty is doing some bad stuff to become the leader in the chaos while using the populace as a weapon... Sounds pretty umbrella joker to me... hopefully they differentiate the randomness by making ChiChi the real one behind it all at the end...
Jan 14, 2019 3:50 PM

Jul 2016
How stupid you must be to shoot a rocket launcher inside of a room with your boss right behind you!

Honestly, I have always had a liking for Goe since I really like her kind and caring personality but now that I know she can take down an entire criminal syndicate alone... man, I really love her now xD

Nice episode although the way they use a "confession" to supress the drug effect was very cliche to say the least. However the scene of Goe crying once she realized what she had done was very well executed. I just wish she would have had more development as a character before this ep. It surely would have made the scene between her and Hatsume more touching for me.
Feb 9, 2019 3:45 PM

Apr 2012
Badass Goe-chan really made my day.
Mar 24, 2019 5:03 PM

May 2012
That sure was really lovely, really liked this character development! Looking forwards to the next episode.
May 8, 2019 3:11 PM
Jan 2011
I guess I am the only one here who noticed that this ep tried to pull RWBY, with music and all, (and failed)?

Whats up with this show ripping off music? First that song from Matrix in ep1 and now RWBY. If the action at least played nice with it, but it felt flat both times...
May 11, 2019 7:18 PM

Sep 2017
That was a pretty sick action sequence tbh. Also this conflict between mentor and student actually felt warranted unlike the one in episode 4.
May 19, 2021 3:25 PM

Feb 2020
Momo looked so hot in a swimsuit. :3

Goe was such a badass in this episode.

That love confession was cute. <3

SerafosDec 16, 2023 12:51 PM
Dec 11, 2023 1:25 AM
Mar 2021
If Goe is the strongest why does she use a gun lol

Seriously though this episode was AMAZING! That scene with Hatsume in the cafe was so badass. Revealing herself was unexpected but so cool. She knew the whole time but simply didn't care because her personal goals, at least in that moment and regarding Theresia, outweigh her membership in Tsukikage. I actually like that a lot. Also lots of yuri in this episode. All 3 of the mentee girls seem to be in love with their mentors.

Also , something I realized is that this series likes to put a slight spin on classic tried-and-true tropes. For example, ingesting Spyce is the equivalent of a magical girl transformation. Having one of the girls turn evil for an episode is also a common magical girl plotline. I think this was secretly a magical girl show all along but instead of magic it's cool high-tech spies

More topics from this board

Poll: » Release the Spyce Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

93 by bushman66 »»
Feb 3, 5:25 PM

Poll: » Release the Spyce Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

38 by tsumetai1163 »»
Dec 8, 2023 10:30 PM

Poll: » Release the Spyce Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2018

31 by tsumetai1163 »»
Dec 5, 2023 10:26 PM

Poll: » Release the Spyce Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2018

67 by Andynyxx »»
Jun 18, 2022 8:23 AM

Poll: » Release the Spyce Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2018

41 by Usagi-san-chan »»
Jun 6, 2022 6:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.