Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 27, 2018 11:28 AM

Dec 2016
Fam that hug! I. Am. Sobbingggggg!!!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 27, 2018 11:35 AM

Oct 2017
Raizel said:
Best part of the episode and this show was definitely Kondou's speech, but seriously why did they threw that nude scene in Akira's dream that ruined the entire experience for me.

Yeah, I found it cringey. BUT isn't it supposed to be Akira's perspective? It'd be one thing for him to fantasize about her like that, but since it's her, it actually makes sense. Teenagers are horny and lewd creatures, most of them, regardless of gender. So I'll give it a pass tbh.

SeidouTZ said:
This was superb, they are doing a great job handling this type of relationship.
It seem to me that the "You know nothing about me." line was not so much directed at Tachibana rather at the reviewers that were critisizing the book (wich i am pretty sure Kundou was the one who wrote it). Nevertheless good stuff, this series is proving yet again that is the best thing coming out of this season.

OMFG! I didn't catch onto this. It actually makes sense now.
Feb 27, 2018 3:04 PM

May 2014
I actually cried.
What a lil' sucker I am.

Seriously, that scene was a long time coming and it was done perfectly. I rarely ship things but goddammit I just want these two together so badly!!

Also loved the OST version of the ED theme too.

I'm still curious about the whole "author acquaintance" though. Maybe it really doesn't have anything to do with an ex? I just want to know more!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2018 1:05 AM

Oct 2008
oh no! what went wrong: "What do you think you know about me?" that was a bit too much coming from Tenchou!
Oh God! what was such a very beautiful scene! and the OST really nails it by OST "Ref: rain"! and that hug was very precious thing that Akira won't ever forget!
I really thought that after Akira cried, she'd be the one to hug Tenchou but it was backwards!
lolz what a common thing to happen, the cold will transfer to the next person who visited the sick one!
5/5!

Feb 28, 2018 4:30 AM

Dec 2015
I love when things doesnt always fo smooth , kondo said what do you know about me , that really hit tachibana
And the apartment scene is a good thing to mend their bond , im glad it just go as far as a hug rn because anything more than that qould be akward i think
And akira sweating a lot i guess its mostly form her wild imagination rather than her fever Lol
Mar 1, 2018 5:36 PM

Mar 2009
Tachibana's legs god bless.

This episode was yet another directorial tour de force. The apartment scene was incredible.

Hilarious that the best anime of the season is an anime about a 17-year-old girl in love with a middle-aged man. Never would have expected an anime(of all things) to deal with subject matter like this in a delicate manner.
Mar 2, 2018 3:29 PM

Oct 2012
That embrace scene was absolutely perfect, the atmosphere, the music, the feels... everything on spot.
With that Kondou's monologue it was almost as the viewer was right there, experiencing the moment with them.
I applaud. This was just thing of beauty.

Now I wonder if they really ends together. Something tells me she would probably end with Takashi in the end to end this series on bittersweet note.
Mar 2, 2018 11:02 PM
Mar 2012
Feels like it's raining so heavy can't even see my screen.
Both their ill bed-hair pretty cool.
Ref:rain instrumental, dat hug, storm lighting, hair everything just so perfect.
Always so calming to hear Kondou speak.
Friendzoned!?

Mar 7, 2018 3:10 PM
May 2010
JanitraE said:
MaahHeim said:
Gosh, this episode was SEXY. The hug was... Goddammit, now I find Kondo super hot. WHAT THE HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL I STARTED THE ANIME FINDING HIM CUTE, AND NOW I FIND HIM HOT???? This anime is doing exactly what it has to do and I love it

Now I wish this website has a like button

---

I really like this episode, that apartment scene is absolutely beautiful

And also, do people sweats that much when they have a fever? or there is something else going on? lol

In the earlier episode when she's feeling over her body and Kondou calls for the first time, in the manga it's really obvious she's masturbating (it was toned down a bit in anime but still a bit obvious). Due to the imagery and her becoming inexplicably sweaty after that, I think it's pretty obvious what she was up to.
Mar 10, 2018 5:03 PM

Jun 2013
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
good

fucking

lord

look at dem legs O___O

Thank you good sir, for this.

Kondo was so concerned about keeping her from getting wet. Those efforts proved to be fruitless, if ya know what I am sayin'.
Mar 17, 2018 11:19 PM

Jun 2013
I'm an evil bastard for liking how Kondo-san shot down Akira by saying, "What do you even know about me?" OR "You know nothing about me." It's true. She's acting stupid and needs to realize he has a past he's still dealing with. He's still not over his divorce, he has a son, etc. She's stupid if she thinks he'll just drop everything immediately to be with her.

Akira is being selfish, she doesn't understand how forcing herself onto her manager is going to make HIM look. The real MVP in this entire series is the manager himself, Kondo-san. I have no problem with age gap, heck I've met a guy whose wife was more than 30 years younger than him and met another guy whose wife was 22-or something years old than him. However, the way Akira is going about it is pissing me off. She has no consideration for him.

Ranting aside, seems like Kondo-san is finally open to the prospect of dating her but wants to start off as friends.
臭い-
Mar 18, 2018 9:46 PM

Apr 2015
Did she just jizzed her pantsus at the end of the episode LOL
Mar 19, 2018 6:13 PM

Jan 2013
Some great inner monologue expressing his feelings.
Apr 3, 2018 3:28 PM

Apr 2012
This anime is so stylish, not sure when is the last time I've seen something like that.

Shigatsu was a bit like that, but not to that degree. And Kotonoha no niwa, but it was stylish in a more precise and slightly more tedious way. It's much more emotional here.
Apr 8, 2018 1:44 PM

Mar 2012
She is so dam pushy lol.
Apr 20, 2018 5:48 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
The attention to detail is stunning. I don't think anyone really know if anyone else just loves the small details in their rooms but I think the touch is carefully crafted.

Of course the emotions run high here, the hug caught even me off guard and though he kind of "friendzoned" her to save his own ass in a way. I think he needed to put that barier there because he doesn't know what this is and he's being carefully responsible with it.

Also the casual "orgasm day dream" she has. Hehehe. Subtle.
May 5, 2018 4:34 AM
May 2016
The real question: At scene when she was sick and imagining being hugged like that Did she really came from that?????????
May 19, 2018 12:26 AM

Jun 2009
The ridiculous voice crack in the opening still makes me laugh.
Aug 9, 2018 9:16 PM

May 2012
Well that sure was a very enjoyable episode, really liked that hugging moment! Things sure are getting somewhere and I really do hope we'll get some further romance development next!
Aug 18, 2018 1:14 PM

Dec 2015
duderus said:
I'll make a few gifs

Well... a "few" gifs turned into 40 or so... GG (still uploading)

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni - 07 Reading

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni - 07 You know nothing about me v1 of 2

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni - 07 Unexpected Visit v1 of 2

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni - 07 Shaking her head v1 of 2 (Long)

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni - 07 Lightning

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni - 07 Tears v1 of 3 (Full)

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni - 07 Crying v1 of 2 (Full)

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni - 07 Crying v3 (different scene) Still...

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni - 07 This feeling v1 sub of 6

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni - 07 Long Hug v1 of 6

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni - 07 Hug v1 of 2 (Full)

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni - 07 Hugs Back

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni - 07 Disappointed v1 of 2 (Friend Zoned)

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni - 07 Daydreaming v3 of 3

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni - 07 Sick v3 (I'm Cold)

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni - 07 Sick v4 (Roofied)

First stitch, making more
v2

these were beautiful scenes loved them!
Sep 1, 2018 7:32 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Rarely do I want to replay sections of an anime because my eyes and ears can't take it all in at once. I replayed the apartment scene several times so that I could look at background..... read the dialog.....listen to the music. I don't speak Japanese at all and yet the intonations in the voices were wonderful. I can't imagine a dubbed version doing justice to this anime...... just nope.
Sep 24, 2018 1:08 PM

Mar 2013
What Kondou said was a huge reality check for Tachibana. I think she was going too fast and was putting pressure on him, he probably still doesn't think their age gap is right, also probably has unresolved business with his ex wife.

The hug scene was really beautiful, I'm glad she seems to have understood.
Nov 9, 2018 5:23 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Currently rewatching this show and the apartment scene is just as brillIiant and mesmerising as the first time!

It was just masterful, the glorious and stunning visuals/production value, the soothing and wonderful music and obviously the god tier emotions portrayed through the amazing voice acting! Simply wondrous, in short!

I just love this show and this scene just portrays why in HD detail, the amazing visuals accompanied by the magnificent soundtracks and most importantly the realism of this show mostly delivered through the saddening monologues! I’m not an old man or anything but the character of Kondo, the manager, really is like empathic to me oddly enough. It’s just fascinating to see the relationship between the two progressing steadily! What’s to come is equally great, so I’m definitely looking forward to the next episodes!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 17, 2018 5:24 AM

Aug 2017
The hug was nice. I like it.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 8, 2019 5:31 AM

Mar 2015
GOD DAMN IT OLD MAN WHY'D YOU FRIENDZONE HER
Jan 9, 2019 10:33 PM

Nov 2018
I almost forgot how much of a gem this rain anime is. Love the different vibe. Also Akira has one great body -thumbs up-
Mar 20, 2019 1:25 AM

May 2014
I'm with everyone on how beautiful and amazing this anime is in terms of soundtrack, symbolism, animation, and emotion in general.

LOL, but like this shit low-key romanticizes pedophilia. A fat middle aged dude in his mom's basement is just gonna eat this up and turn it into his fantasy.
Jul 13, 2019 11:06 PM

Apr 2009
Alpha101 said:
but like this shit low-key romanticizes pedophilia.
You know, a 17 year old and an adult willingly hugging each other isn't categorized as pedophilia. A friendly hug between a teacher and student isn't pedophilia. A family friend hugging you suddenly doesn't become a pedophile.
Aug 24, 2019 9:19 AM

Dec 2016
despite the hug, the relationship between tachibana and kondo felt very much like that of a father-daughter one, except for the masturbation(?) at the end.

kase spitting facts as per usual though. was wondering when they were going to bring him back in.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Oct 7, 2019 4:55 AM

Mar 2015
That hug was bittersweet!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 6, 2019 2:48 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Touching episode, it was the friendzone hug.
Jan 17, 2020 12:05 AM

Aug 2017
MC is a hot babe. I like how every episode gets in some good fanservice.

Manager is a decent guy. He's right in his assessment of the situation and her youth. Kase is level headed.
Apr 27, 2020 7:11 AM

Mar 2013
Beautiful in every way. My heart hurts a little.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Nov 20, 2022 9:41 PM

Oct 2022
Dang, for the first time I feel like she actually has a chance.

That was so well done. This whole show is so well done. It presents mixed feelings so well.

I think the key to this is that the show is unafraid to be earnest about hope - yet simultaneously stays honest about the unromantic pitfalls of reality. An injured ankle, an unwritten novel, the inexorable passage of time. It's moving because it's relatable, natural, doesn't pull punches or dive into melodrama. It also neither tries to force a moral down your throat nor gets defensive about its unusual pairing. This just is what it is, confusing and good and bad and awkward and nobody's entirely sure what to do, just like life.
Sep 19, 2023 8:26 PM

Dec 2022
At first I was annoyed that she went to his place carrying her troubles when he was sick... Then I realized it was a smart writing decision as it demonstrates her immaturity. Also her mom exists!!!

Mar 30, 12:11 PM

Jun 2017
ahhhh ...My heart rumbled doki doki.These two are so adorable,love them.
From a brief moment his room turned into an aquarium where he drenched in the rain of youth and her love for him.And for her the anxiety drove away as her love bear fruit while he showed his vulnerability and the hug which followed.

Aug 13, 12:10 PM
Jan 2024
The hug scene with Aimer Refrain Orchestra 🤧🤧👌👌
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2018

160 by BiobulletM »»
Yesterday, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2018

140 by BiobulletM »»
Yesterday, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2018

216 by LotteGiants »»
Jul 5, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2018

85 by LotteGiants »»
Jul 4, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2018

92 by LotteGiants »»
Jul 4, 9:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.