Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 12, 2017 12:37 AM

Mar 2009
SJ7izm said:
I wouldn't mind that committee girl being a heroine, lowkey.

She's great. Doesn't seem like she's one of the main girls, unfortunately.
Feb 12, 2017 1:08 AM
Sep 2016
It was a nice episode.
Feb 12, 2017 3:21 AM
Jun 2016
Mormegil said:
SJ7izm said:

Which girl are you guys talking about? Kamizaki Makoto (Kyouko's friend) or Sanjo Ruise (the committee chairman)?

They're both heroines but we won't be seeing their arcs this cour. You can see both of them on the promotional posters and the opening.

Feb 12, 2017 9:16 AM

Nov 2011
Man I really really want to like this arc. The writing however is just not good. I love Tooru as a character but shit is all over the place. In one scene Shouichi is playing the bus game and then he is literally second in line for Gusgal. HOW?!?!?!

We knew last week that Tooru was not liked as a gamer, and they let us know AGAIN this week that people who play with Tooru have problems with her.
Bringing Tsuneki back into the mix was very poor writing in my opinion, I think they just did it to please the fan boys. Then at the end of the episode you have an online gamer insult her again. We fucking get it, Tooru is good at games and people hate her for it.

The progression between Shouichi and Tooru was nice though. The cafe scene was pretty funny with the mating of the Deer. "Does it always take this long?" "I don't know this was my first time" Haha stupid yes, but still pretty funny.

Also you have that Adult (which we find out at the end is probably her brother)at the end of last week come into the show and not bring them back this week. Bad move. Hopefully next week we can dive deeper into some of Tooru's personal problems.
SoraSenpaiFeb 12, 2017 9:31 AM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 12, 2017 10:15 AM

Jan 2013
The deer mating scene was pretty good.
Wonder what the big problem will be.
Feb 12, 2017 11:33 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A pretty good episode

Toru and Shouichi is still going on strong and it's obvious that both have feelings for each other. At the same time Shouichi and his friends are starting to realize that playing too much games is going to be bad for your grades as well as its causing them to have less time to study as well. Makoto the funny Public moral committee member is still as funny as ever with her nervousness. I found Shouichi being made fun of and joked about by Kyouko a first year was pretty funny.

The big change for this episode was undoubtedly Hikari's return and her challenge to Toru on behalf of the kid that Shouichi and Toru beat last week. It seems that their relationship is a rather interesting one. The introduction of the Public morals committee chief though was interesting and i hope that we get to see more of her. Toru and Shouichi's reaction to the mating request and the subsequent scene though was pretty funny and kinda cute. Looks like this ship is gonna happen eh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2017 12:38 PM

Mar 2009
dqtl74 said:
Mormegil said:

Which girl are you guys talking about? Kamizaki Makoto (Kyouko's friend) or Sanjo Ruise (the committee chairman)?

They're both heroines but we won't be seeing their arcs this cour. You can see both of them on the promotional posters and the opening.

Oh, nice! Thanks. That's what I get for not paying attention, but now I'm glad she's one of the main girls. Too bad her arc isn't going to be in this cour.

The 3rd one from the right in the OP picture, I mean. She also appeared in Tsuneki's arc talking about the shed. The other girl seems angry all the time and she clearly needs more sleep!
Feb 12, 2017 7:22 PM

Apr 2013
dqtl74 said:
Mormegil said:

I see. Thanks for pointing it out.
Feb 12, 2017 8:58 PM

Nov 2016
Waiting the end... hope this is not a gamerzone end, lol. I holding this anime, if this arc has a good ending, I will continue watching.
Nice to meet you.......
はじめまして。。。。。。。。。
Feb 13, 2017 2:46 AM
Jul 2018
milk bath wtf

Blushing Miyamae. Kyaaa~ <3

and Kyouko Touno (the next heroine) was also in this arc.

Tsuneki as gamer. All the more reason to like her. Hahaha
Feb 13, 2017 5:09 AM
Oct 2013
So the events actually overlap with each other like how the MC knows Tsuneki's job.
Feb 13, 2017 3:39 PM

Jan 2014
ROFL that deer mating-minigame, and the conversation that followed, was really pushing it.

SJ7izm said:

Isn't she episodes 9-12 or later?
Lelouch0202 said:
Second pretty much all of this, Hikari being a gamer and the whole Hikari-Tooru backstory, to me at least seems to be unique to this arc since in the previous arc Hikari didn't really openly show she liked games and Tooru hardly made an appearance.

Kamita wasn't shown to be such a Hardcore gamer either, and Ikuo was the exact oposite. Only Araki was really into it.

Overall, there seems to be a lot more arc-unique material than I'd suspected. Even before the romance arc, Kamita and Hikari at least had a friendly relationship, and that too seems to have been dropped alltogether.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Feb 13, 2017 3:52 PM

Jul 2014
The milk bath was so WTF xD

The dialogues are so weird and 4 chapters per arc are not enough for me.

And I like the girls but the MC is so....
Feb 13, 2017 6:54 PM

Apr 2013
Laionidas said:

The childhood friend will be the last girl.

She'll probably have the best arc, too. Just a wild guess, though.
Feb 13, 2017 10:25 PM

May 2015
At 18:40 obviously an Amagami reference which probably implies that one of this girl, Haruka (kiss back of her leg/calf) or Ayatsuji (research) are cannon for Junichi Tachibana(?) unless he took another heroine there or they are talking about another couple that went in.

Ona side note:
If the staff wanted to bring back Tsuneki after her growth as a character in episode 4 (even though I disliked the ending of her arc) I can’t deny her growth as a character... I know this is a reset but come on! why make her a b*tch? I swear the guy(s) in charge of writing are lazy AF. They could have made the same point across about her previous relationship with Tooru without making her a stuck-up b*thc like they did in this episode IMO It is like they want us to dislike her for some kind of reason... *sigh*
Feb 14, 2017 4:11 AM

Jan 2017
Roy_Focker said:
At 18:40 obviously an Amagami reference which probably implies that one of this girl, Haruka (kiss back of her leg/calf) or Ayatsuji (research) are cannon for Junichi Tachibana(?) unless he took another heroine there or they are talking about another couple that went in.

That's a good spot.. hmm.. but it didn't seem that either Haruka or Junichi got caught in Amagami. But nevertheless, I like it.
Feb 14, 2017 6:36 AM

Jan 2014
SJ7izm said:
Laionidas said:

No, I mean her friend, the disciplinary committee girl.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Feb 14, 2017 1:20 PM

Apr 2013
Laionidas said:
SJ7izm said:

No, I mean her friend, the disciplinary committee girl.

I know, I'm saying it won't be her.

It's the childhood friend. Opening and key visual pretty much tell it all.
Feb 14, 2017 6:06 PM

May 2015
2Dculture said:

That's a good spot.. hmm.. but it didn't seem that either Haruka or Junichi got caught in Amagami. But nevertheless, I like it.
Yeah, that is the thing that I’m most curious about... who was the couple caught or it was just a rumor based on someone spotting Amagami MC leaving that spot with either Haruka or Ayatsuji... or if it was Junichi's best friend since childhood, Umehara with her plush doll (the tuna [I don’t remember the name he gave her]) Lol! Or another couple unrelated to the previous characters of Amagami…

I hope to see some cameos from some of the sisters of the characters of this show in addition to see some confirmation on previous routes. I wonder if Junichi, her sister or any of the heroines are going to appear in the background/scenery.
Feb 14, 2017 9:58 PM

Jan 2017
Roy_Focker said:

I hope to see some cameos from some of the sisters of the characters of this show in addition to see some confirmation on previous routes. I wonder if Junichi, her sister or any of the heroines are going to appear in the background/scenery.

Me too! I was hoping Junichi would turn up with Ai at one of those Culture days to visit Ikuo. But I like it that more of the other characters have shown up compared to Tsuneki's arc.

I dun know how to put screenshots in this post but anyway I went back to Amagami episode 3 and sure enough.. its the same shed that Haruka and Junichi were in! Also in SS+ when Ayatsuji dragged Junichi and kissed him. The piled up hay and some red colour pump box, the look and feel are the same. Well spotted! Of the two stories.. only the Ayatsuji's story had people (rival group) aware that she dragged Junichi off. If they followed, they might have gotten the view. But why wun they bring it up during the student council election? Ayatsuji might have lost.. oh well... we're all speculating and having fun at the same time.
Feb 14, 2017 10:16 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Probably the strongest comedic episode yet.

Tooru is such a great girl, way better than the last. I'm enjoying this arc much more.

So is cram-school going to be a reoccurring thing in every arc? Well, I suppose each one takes place close to finals, so I guess it makes sense.

While I said I like Tooru the best, but is Makato-chan true best girl? I can't get over how cute she is. Between the milk pictures and the automatic door gag, she's quickly become one of my favorite characters.
Feb 14, 2017 11:20 PM
Jun 2016
SJ7izm said:

Well obviously best girl should have the best arc. I like all the heroines, but there's something especially appealing about Kyouko to me. If we're being completely honest though, it won't really take much to top these two arcs (so far).
Feb 14, 2017 11:45 PM

May 2015
2Dculture said:

Me too! I was hoping Junichi would turn up with Ai at one of those Culture days to visit Ikuo. But I like it that more of the other characters have shown up compared to Tsuneki's arc.

I dun know how to put screenshots in this post but anyway I went back to Amagami episode 3 and sure enough.. its the same shed that Haruka and Junichi were in! Also in SS+ when Ayatsuji dragged Junichi and kissed him. The piled up hay and some red colour pump box, the look and feel are the same. Well spotted! Of the two stories.. only the Ayatsuji's story had people (rival group) aware that she dragged Junichi off. If they followed, they might have gotten the view. But why wun they bring it up during the student council election? Ayatsuji might have lost.. oh well... we're all speculating and having fun at the same time.
Well Amagami and Photo Kano are my top 2 romance anime with an Omnibus format, with so many re-watch under my belt I hope I don’t miss a cameo or a homage that Seiren tries to offer to Amagami fans... and talking with a fellow viewer... speculating about an eastern egg, heck talking about the plot (even if we don’t agree) is one of my favorite things to do.

Nice talking chatting with you take care! See you next episode forum tread. ^_^
Feb 15, 2017 11:09 AM

Apr 2013
dqtl74 said:

Well obviously best girl should have the best arc. I like all the heroines, but there's something especially appealing about Kyouko to me. If we're being completely honest though, it won't really take much to top these two arcs (so far).

You're right. I'd even prefer something relatively generic to what the show's given me so far.
Feb 16, 2017 10:38 AM
May 2016
Right now of these 2 girls I like Hikari more with him

#shipHikariAndSouichi
Feb 19, 2017 3:45 AM

Jan 2011
What the hell kind of picture book was that girl reading as a kid?
Feb 23, 2017 1:35 AM

Oct 2008
LOL @ the Milk bath tub pic that totally resembles as a sexual innuendo like a bukkake!
3/5.

Feb 23, 2017 6:30 AM

Mar 2013
Ugh this route is proving to be more worse than Tsuneki's route. At least hers was entertaining.
The dialogues are bad and weird too.
Feb 23, 2017 1:22 PM

Oct 2016
those freaking deer gamers
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Feb 24, 2017 10:37 PM
Dec 2015
Can we talk about how great Sanjou's resting "Where is your God now!?" face was? If we're lucky enough to get a second cour, I expect her arc to be an inverse of Tsukasa's.
I'm not just a Tsundere, I am THE Tsundere.
Feb 28, 2017 7:44 PM

Oct 2015
Not a bad episode, rather enjoyable actually. The writing and dialogue in this series is really something else though. Sometimes it's just so weird and dumb but at the same time it's silly enough where I can't really hate it.
Mar 4, 2017 9:13 AM

May 2014
Things are developing quite nicely with Miyamae. I didn't expect this ark to be as enjoyable as the first the one with Tsuneki.
Mar 7, 2017 3:33 PM

May 2016
Thug Tsuneki looks absolute amazing. That collar on her neck looks perfect with black jacket. I miss her so much. This arc is so cringy, boring nad nerdy that i can't stand of it.
Apr 15, 2017 6:39 PM

May 2012
Average episode, pacing is still shit...
Apr 20, 2017 1:20 AM

Apr 2015
Having some offspring with Tooru sounds pretty good to me hahahaha.
Jun 20, 2017 4:13 AM

Mar 2015
Finally, some chemistry between them. So this is like a different route huh? So weird to see Tsuneki as 'the other girl'
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 12, 2017 11:42 AM

Jul 2013
In Japan, a cherry is an euphemism for virginity, so, Miyamae really took Shouichi's viriginity after all ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Roy_Focker said:
Good eye, mate! I don't know if it was an actual reference or not (since as far as I remember, Junichi was never caught in the shed doing indecorous acts), but is still curious nonetheless. Tbh, I would like to see more references to Amagami, but it seems this show is trying to be its own project and is not throwing references constantly.
Nov 22, 2017 8:47 AM

Sep 2012
RediceRyan said:
The deer mating scene was pretty good.

that made me lol
how game can bring up ppl's feelings cause it was like 4play for their future well it was that in their imagination their faces said it all when he opened hes moth he made her think about same way in other words its like drinking from same bottle is indirect kiss for them so that's indirect sex i just dont know how to explain it any better XD

SoraSenpai said:
Man I really really want to like this arc. The writing however is just not good. I love Tooru as a character but shit is all over the place. In one scene Shouichi is playing the bus game and then he is literally second in line for Gusgal. HOW?!?!?!

We knew last week that Tooru was not liked as a gamer, and they let us know AGAIN this week that people who play with Tooru have problems with her.
Bringing Tsuneki back into the mix was very poor writing in my opinion, I think they just did it to please the fan boys. Then at the end of the episode you have an online gamer insult her again. We fucking get it, Tooru is good at games and people hate her for it.

The progression between Shouichi and Tooru was nice though. The cafe scene was pretty funny with the mating of the Deer. "Does it always take this long?" "I don't know this was my first time" Haha stupid yes, but still pretty funny.

Also you have that Adult (which we find out at the end is probably her brother)at the end of last week come into the show and not bring them back this week. Bad move. Hopefully next week we can dive deeper into some of Tooru's personal problems.

no it is not poor writing to bring her back in the mix cause she is in same school as they are, this arc started like all was reset like atl universe or alt timeline where mc's relationship with her was different Amagami SS did it same way

SigOpram said:
So the events actually overlap with each other like how the MC knows Tsuneki's job.

this arc started like all was reset like atl universe or alt timeline where mc's relationship with her was different Amagami SS did it same way so no overlapping (well its like its partly overlapping but its cause new setting is only bit different not 100%) it is set like this & they probably never explain it for one MC wasn't a gamer so its totally new setting where he starts from zero like first arc started
Sugram22Nov 22, 2017 11:17 AM
Mar 13, 2018 5:02 AM

Jul 2016
kevin524152 said:
Right now of these 2 girls I like Hikari more with him

#shipHikariAndSouichi

I like Hikari more, too. Seeing her in this episode almost makes me want to cry.
Jan 16, 2019 1:33 PM

Apr 2013
So now Tsunek is also a gamer girl? This show really changes personalites left and right how it sees fit. Only that one guy will forever stay a furry lol
Mar 24, 2020 11:57 AM

Oct 2013
Alright, I will give this anime a second try. ;p This episode was okay.

They played some games, including that spicy one with deers and breeding mode or whatever, lol.

That "disciplinary school police" is surely harsh.
May 20, 2022 2:02 PM

Mar 2019
Lol that mating part was so weird, especially the cherry scene, pretty obvious what it was meant to be. Nice ending as well, glad to see the 3 being good friends again. Lol Araki.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 28, 2022 7:09 AM

Aug 2018
And so Kyouko is kohai, it seems.. Year younger in class..
Hikari and Tooru didn't end up well together, it seems..
You'll ask only me to taste portion of dish?.. What kind of promise is that?.. ;P Come on, man..
Is anime hinting that maybe Tooru games too much?.. I have no idea, really.. To start with - arcades are money drainers.. lol.. So it's hard for me to evaluate, what's too much or not, as to start with it's less expensive to get some game on PC, console, or something.. But also some people can allow themselves to play in arcades?.. I have no idea, arcade gaming isn't my thing, so I prefer to just respect it and can't tell more..
Jul 1, 2023 1:12 PM

Nov 2010
It's too bad Makoto isn't a love interest. She looked so hot in that cow photo! It also looked like she just came from a bukkake session. hehe
I didn't expect Tsuneki to have some screen time in Miyamae's route. Also, I don't remember seeing Miyamae during Tsuneki's.
I want to mate with Miyamae lots!

I wonder what Tsuneki meant. If it is gaming problems, then I don't think it's a big deal, but if that guy from the end of episode one has something to do with it, that's a big issue.
Nov 10, 2023 8:43 PM

Jul 2008
I will never understand disciplinary committees....
May 22, 3:41 PM

Jul 2023
lol at the deer mating. Even here, he has performance anxiety.

glad we get to see Tsuneki again.

Though Miramae doesn't have the same hotness as Tsuneki, it seems she has a mich bigger bust and seems perfect in every way. If Shouichi's friends can't keep up with her in games, her would-be boyfriend won't be able to keep up with her either.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

142 by EgatammaN »»
Jun 5, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

56 by patkarunungan »»
May 27, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

63 by patkarunungan »»
May 26, 5:05 PM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

98 by patkarunungan »»
May 24, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

130 by patkarunungan »»
May 24, 3:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.