Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 9, 2017 9:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, more gaming this episode. Seems they're focusing on more arcade games this time.

I kinda like how serious they are taking the competition though. Like literally, Tooru takes her gaming to a whole level against her rivals. The game they played seems pretty intense too with some mech action. Very fun episode! Tooru also showing more of her cute side.
Feb 9, 2017 10:39 AM

Apr 2010
So even Tsuneki san came to the gaming centre with the brat who they beat last time who turns out to be the son of the owner of the store where Tsuneki works.
Still it appears more things are going on.
Anyway it was a nice episode.
Feb 9, 2017 11:22 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
I wonder what could happen next, the episode was enjoyable.

Feb 9, 2017 7:34 PM
May 2010
Well, they really gave up on trying to make this show less cringe. Almost every line is laughable (not in a good way) at best.
Feb 9, 2017 8:16 PM

Sep 2015
how come Tsuneki talk to kamita like they dont have a relationship?

マーくの生活
Feb 9, 2017 8:27 PM

Dec 2016
This left us with more questions than answers.

Tsuneki & Miyamae don't like each other and still don't know who the man is that lives with Miyamae.
LukesYGO_WSonYTFeb 9, 2017 8:42 PM
Feb 9, 2017 8:30 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
marky_life said:
The way this anime works is that there will be seperate routes for each of the girls

So basically once one route is finished, the anime will start over from the beginning and do a whole new chain of events focusing on another girl
Feb 9, 2017 8:33 PM

Sep 2015
Tokoya said:
marky_life said:
The way this anime works is that there will be seperate routes for each of the girls

So basically once one route is finished, the anime will start over from the beginning and do a whole new chain of events focusing on another girl

so no more Tsuneki? sigh she was amazing. im so sad

マーくの生活
Feb 9, 2017 8:57 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
marky_life said:
Tokoya said:

Yeah.....Hopefully they do a sequel arc to it like they did for Amagami SS

Either way, it looks like she'll have a presence in this arc (Much to my surprise lol) and the fact that best girl Tsuneki is also a gamer makes me love her even more now xD

Pretty weird that they didn't touch on this backstory between her and Tooru during her route though.....Unless this is just something that only exist in Tooru's route

All this Not Gundam matches makes me wanna re-watch Gundam Build Fighters now xD But alas, this was a good episode and I like how this new relationship is going (Even though I still prefer Tsuneki's version up to this point)
Feb 9, 2017 9:01 PM

Jun 2015
Tooru gets very competitive when it comes to gaming. Her match against Tsuneki was heated. The game they were playing looks cool.
Feb 9, 2017 9:07 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Just listened properly to the ED song and man do I love it >.<
Feb 9, 2017 9:12 PM

Apr 2013
I wouldn't mind that committee girl being a heroine, lowkey.
Feb 9, 2017 9:28 PM

Sep 2015
18:46 could it related to one of the Amagami SS arcs XD.
Feb 9, 2017 9:29 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Shouichi is good at the bus game out of all things. xD
Power, Speed and Technique, The three factors of mating. XDD Tooru's blush was so cute. <3

We had study camp last arc, guess it's gonna be cram school this time around.
They also didn't expand upon her brother who we saw at the end of last episode, I guess that means there isn't really any issue.

Tokoya said:

Either way, it looks like she'll have a presence in this arc (Much to my surprise lol) and the fact that best girl Tsuneki is also a gamer makes me love her even more now xD

Pretty weird that they didn't touch on this backstory between her and Tooru during her route though.....Unless this is just something that only exist in Tooru's route

All this Not Gundam matches makes me wanna re-watch Gundam Build Fighters now xD But alas, this was a good episode and I like how this new relationship is going (Even though I still prefer Tsuneki's version up to this point)

Second pretty much all of this, Hikari being a gamer and the whole Hikari-Tooru backstory, to me at least seems to be unique to this arc since in the previous arc Hikari didn't really openly show she liked games and Tooru hardly made an appearance.
Feb 9, 2017 9:34 PM

Jun 2013
The writing/dialogue in this show is absolutely dreadful.
Feb 9, 2017 9:49 PM

Apr 2013
marky_life said:

Story resets every 4 episodes, so you can get a new poorly written arc with a new poorly written girl for a new poorly written experience.

Granted, Tsuneki has a pretty bad attitude so she'd be talking to him that way regardless.
Feb 9, 2017 10:45 PM

Mar 2016
Nice episode this week :D
Lot of gaming stuff which was pretty cool. Didn't expect to get more of Tsuneki haha, I'm glad to get more of her tho xD I wonder what happened between Tooru and Tsuneki. That mating part was funny and cute xD
I love this ED a lot ^^

Feb 10, 2017 12:26 AM

Sep 2013
Public Morals committee... Girl taking photos with milk (totally not cum...) over her... Drama around an arcade game between two girls once friends... Mating on the game...

They could cut some of this cringy and childish stuff.

It wasn't as bad as the first arc's episodes, but it was certainly a downgrade from the last one. I also feel, then again, that the "romantic feelings" between them isn't being showed properly... They focus too much on silly problems and interactions that more often than not don't really mean anything to the main romance plotline.

Too bad we can't get rid of this wuss main character. I wanted to see a story where he is close with the girls and they respect each other. Right now it only feels he is always dominated and distant from them.
Feb 10, 2017 12:45 AM
Jan 2015
The MC is really making this series hard to enjoy, but at least he grew a pair in the restaurant, so there's hope.
My Queens

Feb 10, 2017 2:53 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
-Trippwire- said:
The writing/dialogue in this show is absolutely dreadful.

It is pretty bad. If you add to that the MC who takes his genericness to new heights for the medium, this made this episode hard to watch.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 10, 2017 2:57 AM

Jan 2016
Tokoya said:
marky_life said:

Yeah.....Hopefully they do a sequel arc to it like they did for Amagami SS

really? Will there a season 2 for Seiren with sequel for Tsuneki arc?
Feb 10, 2017 3:44 AM
Nov 2016
Tooru shows her cute side, an expected development. A lot of gaming.

Tsuneki's appearance though *-*
Feb 10, 2017 4:39 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This is going way better than the Hikari arc.

It definitely looks like Shouichi and Tooru flirt with each other (heck, Shouichi made a good move on her), they ''mated'', too.
Feb 10, 2017 5:33 AM

Jul 2016
hmm... how should I react to this episode? maybe "meh" would be perfect...
Feb 10, 2017 6:32 AM

Jun 2013
Also, I've seen enough hentai to know that ain't a bath of milk.
Feb 10, 2017 7:34 AM

Dec 2014
well happy to see some screen time with the first arc girll...hmmm good episode
Feb 10, 2017 8:12 AM

Nov 2015
I love Tsuneki. I like the first arc better. This is just too much for me. I was so happy to see Kamita and Tsuneki together and now what, they are like strangers. I like Miyame, too, but Tsuneki is better imo. I won't drop it, anyway lol. I hope they make a sequel in which they continue the story of each arc, that would be pretty enjoyable.
Feb 10, 2017 9:34 AM

Jul 2014
This is definitely an improvement on the Tsuneki arc still, but I am still concerned that there simply isn't enough focus on the actual romance in these arcs to call this show a romance. Either way, it seems like Miyamae's gaming habits could start to become majorly problematic given that she skipped school for the console version of that arcade game her and Shouichi were playing.
Feb 10, 2017 10:22 AM

Oct 2012
Hm, I can't really enjoy this arc as much as Hikari's. In fact I probably would have only appreciated 10% of this ep had Hikari not shown up to make me like 30ish% or maaaaybe 40%.
Tooru is cool and all but overall the dialogue and character interactions are a little bit awkward compared to last arc. I hate to use the word but I did cringe at multiple comments from Shouichi or some other character. The really jarring ero delusions he has I can forgive, they did that last arc too and I guess Shouichi's just a really 'IMAAAAGINATION' kinda guy. I can understand that.
Though I'm finding that in this arc he seems much more generic (for lack of better term) and a vapid character as a whole.

Overall this arc is my least favorite, and I hope it stays that way, because if next arc goes downhill to me I'll feel really salty and triggered and tilted and... I'm out of popular interweb words.

Anyhow two more eps for this arc, I'm still looking forward to romantic development for this arc, it's definitely building up the attraction between them faster and in a more noticeable way (whether that be for better or worse) compared to the previous arc.
random subjective comment: Tooru's design and personality appeals to me the least of the 3 heroines but eh who cares
gust11Feb 10, 2017 10:25 AM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Feb 10, 2017 10:27 AM

Aug 2008
I gave up after 9 minutes. This show has no redeeming qualities. It's amazing in a sad and annoying way how they managed to make a 100% failure. When someone asks why it's bad you can truly say "because of everything" and it won't be over exaggerating in the slightest.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 10, 2017 11:34 AM
Jan 2017
next episode "brocon". i think the MC will get friendzoned again
Feb 10, 2017 12:32 PM

Aug 2013
Better mecha animation than most mecha series nowadays has.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 10, 2017 1:56 PM

Jun 2013
boring boring boring
Feb 10, 2017 2:08 PM
Mar 2016
How did Seiren go from a funny and credible romance to some kind of really bad show about a guy wanting to play bus-driver-videogames? Its ridiculously bad!
Feb 10, 2017 5:22 PM

Aug 2014
Tokoya said:
and the fact that best girl Tsuneki is also a gamer makes me love her even more now xD

^that :)

adensu said:
next episode "brocon". i think the MC will get friendzoned again

can be true

Anyway I think this episode was the worst of all, and this arc is weaker than first arc and if as i suspect the third arc will be most boring I will have to decrease my rank for this anime.. maybe even by two points... ;/
I hoped for much more... and I hate how they show the relation of Hikari and Shouichi. They really should have made this anime look as one whole story instead of 3 arcs...
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Feb 10, 2017 5:36 PM

May 2015
Damn, blushing Tooru is certainly cute.

Feb 10, 2017 5:36 PM

Jun 2016
This anime is so weird at times lol.
Feb 10, 2017 5:47 PM

Feb 2016
Quite boring episode, nothing interesting happened.
Feb 10, 2017 10:02 PM

Jul 2010
rsc-pl said:
Better mecha animation than most mecha series nowadays has.

feelsbadman

-Mahesvara said:
The MC is really making this series hard to enjoy, but at least he grew a pair in the restaurant, so there's hope.

This- He's so shit it takes out all my enjoyment of it.
Feb 10, 2017 10:43 PM

Jun 2011
You know you guys can just drop it, right? He's gonna be in each arc acting like that and there's no way you can do anything about it lol.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Feb 11, 2017 1:38 AM
Feb 2017
Well, if my theory right, this anime is going to be a bit different with amagami. This anime going to be 2 cour, as we can see by the number of girls and number of episode for each girls. There are going to be MC swap in the next cour, First cour will be Kamita, and the second will be Ikuo (there are too many hints for this).

And this anime is actually not an omnibus like amagami is. As we can see there are time skip at the end of tsuneki arc. And this gamer girl arc is actually happening right after tsuneki arc. This is definately some major improvement imho, as in amagami, each arc are not related from each other, but in seiren, i think every girl arc is complementing each other, which are suprise me. And aside the improvement, this is also going to be a downside for the series, because it will really hard to interwoven each arc and make really good conclusion of story or ending.
einzhartFeb 11, 2017 1:42 AM
Feb 11, 2017 7:53 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Making babies couldn't get any more awkward lol
Gaming wise that is lol
They had the music to set up the mood, a nice romantic quiet place and then the dialogue afterward priceless.

Kamita is pretty annoying and also the jealous type. He was asking both of his friends why they were hanging out with Tooru.

Seems the guys are feeling the effects of Tooru's intense gaming. Maybe that's what Tsuneki warned Kamita about. Or maybe there's more to this Tsuneki/Tooru issue.

I don't think it's bad to go all out in gaming. Like when you play online vs other people, you want to win and not lose right?
Like at the end when that player sent Tooru a message telling her if she wanted to win that badly and that she probably had no friends. Gamers that get mad because they can't win and lack skill.

This arc seems fine to me although maybe it would better to have more Kamita and Tooru screen time because I feel like she's not standing out as much as Tsuneki did in her arc.

Feb 11, 2017 8:06 AM

Jul 2012
The story is so weird and so are the dialogues ... I think it was some kind of romance progression, but if the first arc basically didn't have any for this one it just happened out of nowhere, the scenes felt so random ...
Feb 11, 2017 9:20 AM

May 2009
GusGal salt is real :3
Feb 11, 2017 11:16 AM
May 2016
Not a bad episode, but not so good either. The relationship between kamita and miyamae is kinda forced to be happen. Something feels off and i can't figure it out. But at least, now i can confirm that the guy that showed at the end of the previous episode is miyamae's brother, judging by the next week episode title.

Oh, and that deer mating scene tho
Technique, Speed, and Power

and also, miyamae looks so cute when blushing, definitely want more of that
Feb 11, 2017 11:18 AM
Jan 2017
I want more tsuneki, i'm so confused about this anime
Feb 11, 2017 2:56 PM

Aug 2013
I've got feeling that the MC will be friendzoned by each girl

Feb 11, 2017 7:13 PM
Jun 2016
The romance in this show is complete garbage compared to Amagami. And the MC has the personality of a wet sponge.

It's a real shame because I think the art and character designs of the girls are a bit better than Amagami.
dqtl74Feb 11, 2017 10:01 PM
Feb 11, 2017 9:09 PM

Mar 2016
This face

single-handedly upgraded my rating from 3 to 4.
Feb 11, 2017 10:16 PM

Dec 2016
Liked this episode a lot. Miyamae is almost as great as Tsuneki. Maybe she will end up surpassing her. Her only downfall is that she seems to think about herself a lot and not notice the people around her, based on her gameplay and wanting other's food.

Not sure why people say the dialogue is bad in this show... I actually find it more laid back and relatable than any other I have watched. Actually seems like real kids interacting than a show I am watching.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2017

54 by WolfWood37 »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:12 AM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

62 by WolfWood37 »»
Nov 25, 2023 11:02 PM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

97 by WolfWood37 »»
Nov 20, 2023 9:28 PM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

129 by WolfWood37 »»
Nov 13, 2023 9:21 PM

Poll: » Seiren Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

83 by WolfWood37 »»
Nov 12, 2023 11:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.