Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kiss Him, Not Me
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 18, 2017 5:42 PM

Sep 2015
Not a bad ending for the anime (I've been following the manga way before the anime aired).

My ships in terms of ranking

1st : Igarashi X Serinuma : I always found Igarashi to be kind even if there was the one time when he decided to get out of the group because he only really was a part of it to go out with Serinuma. When Serinuma changed back to her old self, at first he couldn't handle her old looks but with the help of Shima's words realized he cared about her even if she looked different and fell in love with her again. I feel like he's willing to sacrifice a lot for her because he even kissed Nana (bonus from the training reward thing) to make her happy and even attempted to answered Matsumi-sensei's question for to take the kiss for her). I sometimes felt he was also like a brother to everyone else like when he helped Shima out on mending her relationship with Serinuma or when Nana went wild from his fever and did stuff to Serinuma, he texted her saying that Nana wasn't herself. I personally think he truly loves Serinuma the most out of them and I ship them so bad. #TEAMIGARASHI

2nd : Nishina X Serinuma : I always liked how she understood Serinuma so much just because she was a Fujoshi/Otaku too. She doesn't care about Serinuma's looks.

3rd : Mutsumi X Serinuma : I always liked how he was always kind to Serinuma even before her transformation, and honestly I really think he was the only one out of the other guys that hung out with Serinuma without really being influenced by romantic feelings but developed them like in episode 10).

----------------COULD LIVE WITH ANYONE ABOVE GETTING TOGETHER WITH KAE -----------------

4th : Shinomiya X Serinuma (put him as fourth because I hated Nana a lot, and I also think he cares about looks as well).

5th : Nana X Serinuma (hated how he treated Serinuma before her transformation and I'm pretty sure he cares about her for her looks...so ya hated). I also got somewhat triggered when he was grossed out that Iga fell in love with Serinuma again when she was in her old form.
Mar 7, 2017 8:26 AM
Aug 2016
If Kae HAS to end up with one of them, the only ones I find acceptable are Nishina and Musumi as they liked her from the get go not caring about her looks.

But hey, I'm totally fine if she doesn't end up with anyone. It's not because they all like her she HAS to get feelings for one of them too. She could fall in love with someone totally new and random?

But hey, obviously Shion is best boy for Kae xD
Mar 9, 2017 8:03 PM

Feb 2010
LOVED IT! I haven't watched a series that made me laugh this much in a while. I couldn't stop smiling through the entire show. I LOVE kaes character and I think she's insanely beautiful. I knew from the very beggining she wasn't going to choose any of them lol. No surprise there. I'm conflicted between a 9 and a 10. I enjoyed it so much but I feel like there's something missing. Probably more episodes!
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Mar 17, 2017 11:29 AM

May 2012
Lol what an ending! Pretty fun wrap up to this series :p and what can I say, once a Fujoshi always a Fujoshi :p

Pretty solid series in general I'd say!
Mar 19, 2017 4:38 AM

Jul 2014
A rotten girl though and through. LOL

I've rooted for Mutsumi from the very start and though I also can't help but root for Igarashi as the anime progressed, in the end I really want Mutsumi for Kae after all. Everyone is totally awesome, even Nishina despite being a female contender for Kae's feelings. I think it was best that there wasn't a clear winner even at the end. I would be a little sad if she really had chosen one of them because that would kind of break their little group in the end. All in all though, Mutsumi is the best choice for me. If she had to choose, I'm really thinking it would be him.

(Actually when he and Kae went on their "date" I actually thought she would end up choosing him since he actually professed his feelings for her properly unlike the rest. Ah well~)
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Jul 27, 2017 3:44 PM

Jul 2013
I figured something like this would happen. Yeah the ending feels anticlimactic, but at least the series kept up with its comedy vibe. Mutsumi is undoubtedly the best boy anyways. I hope she ends up with him in the manga!
Aug 11, 2017 1:10 PM
Aug 2017
I like the ending of the anime. Since she didn't choose anyone no one has to feel sad.. but I still think Senpai would be perfect for her. His calm personality will go well with her hyperactive self xD
Sep 4, 2017 11:34 PM

May 2013
Haha, anticipated this type of typical harem ending. irl, you really can't do this to people who seriously confess to you though. Gotta give them a straight answer.

Mu-senpai has always been best boy since the beginning, but Kae-chan is right that they all have their own charms.

Igarashi would've won my heart though tehheh <3
I like the Shima-chan route as well ^.^

7/10
Sep 5, 2017 5:39 PM

Jan 2014
Kae didn't choose any of the boys, like MCs from harem animes do. Can't say I'm surprised about that. It was totally predictable she would choose Shion tbh

Guess I'm gonna have to read the manga now to know the end. I have a strong feeling she will end up with Asuma, since he was the first to like her.
Sep 7, 2017 6:11 AM

May 2012
I was a bit disappointed because the main character development, I'd not say that there was no development at all, but she didn't develop that much. I would be happy if she at least showed some affection at least to one of them more than to any other boys. Tho the ending made me want to read manga now!
As a whole anime, it was really fun and entertaining to watch, I laughed and smiled a lot. The boys' personalities were really well done! I fell in love with each of them lol (but SENPAI FTW)
Hoping to get a S2 if it's possible someday
Sep 8, 2017 1:41 PM

Oct 2013
I didn't expect much for canon pairing though, but i kinda like the vibes between Asuma x Kae and Asuma noticed her long before she turned out to be really pretty after losing weight, i think the other guys only see her for her looks.

Overall score 7/10
Nov 7, 2017 3:49 AM

Sep 2012
Kae is juts a Usagi XD
Jan 11, 2018 4:00 PM

Jun 2015
Since no one responded when I asked if the main girl ends up chosing a guy at the end of the anime, unfortunately. Let me tell you so you won't go into the anime wondering if you should waste your time on it or not:

Jan 16, 2018 5:17 AM

May 2013
Ending was fine but a little disappointing. Like everyone else said...Mutsumi was way ahead of everyone else and would be the nicest ending.

Idk why everyone is so harsh on Nana though...Like, yeah his interest in her was brought on by physical attraction. So what?
Mar 11, 2018 7:09 PM

Dec 2016
Very fun show! The comedy never failed to amuse me and I have to say, it was amazing <3

So Kae choose nobody in the end... at least she's true to her feelings and likes all her friends ^^ Still I would liked her to choose Mutsumi Asuma, since he always liked her since the beginning :( oh well...

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Sep 11, 2018 3:42 AM

May 2010
Not really the best possible outcome, but I expected this kind of ending, so whatever. It was okay, although I'd love Mutsumi to win, he's the one for Kae for sure!

Overall it was a decent series, I just didn't fund it as funny as some other shoujo comedies I've seen. I didn't really care that much for any of the characters, be it main heroine, Nishina or the bishies (although they were pretty cute!). Gonna miss the fujoshi undertones and guys hating it/being absolutely disgusted by it the most, probably. That was easily the best part of this series, way better than some of predictable, overused drama from the second half of this show.

But yeah, other than that I had some fun watching it, probably gonna read the manga version in the future as well. 6.5/10
Dec 16, 2018 3:19 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty nice and satisfactory finale to end the show!

Kae choosing a 2D character, namely Shion, over any of the 3D characters of the show was hilarious! For some reason, it really felt like the perfect conclusion, if you ask me, and I just loved how she started describing about the show getting a second season and so on and on even though most of the others didn’t even care xD. Nishina asking for confirmation there while chasing after her was the most hilarious moment of the episode and then the kind Mutsumi-senpai comment, really good ending! All of the respective dates were nice to see as well. One thing that bugged me though was the manner in which the other four were trying to prevent the Senpai to share his feelings for her but the progression of the episode made up for it. I didn’t think Mutsumi-san would pull off one of his brother’s trick though, lmao.

All in all, a pretty fine series! I really liked the character interactions of this show, obviously Mutsumi-senpai most and Nishina second, and also all of the fujoshi/Otaku stuff! Lots and lots of yaoi jokes thrown into the fray too, but it never really got too redundant or anything of the sort. I’ll definitely check out the manga now, I’ve heard it ends in favour of a certain someone and I want to see how it progresses from here on.

- Storyline/Plot Development: 5/10
Well, what can I say here? It’s a Harem Rom-Com show so obviously the Storyline wouldn’t be a strong suit for this show and in fact it didn’t enough have much of a overarching Plot to begin with. Many random and over the top ideas were merged into the making so it obviously wasn’t realistic but fun to keep up with.
- Characterization/Character Development: 7/10
More like a 6.5/10, but a good 7/10 does the trick! Most of the Characters were really fun to keep up with and I really grew fond of Mutsumi-senpai from the very start. If I’m not wrong, only he and Nishina treated Kae the same even before her transformation and maybe that’s why I liked these two the most. Moreover, the Character interactions between the five were really nice to watch!
- Sound Department: 6/10
Fine, overall. I wasn’t too fond of the Op and/or the ED but I didn’t grow to despise it either, so just fine. Soundtracks are almost totally forgettable, I don’t even know if there was one insert song and ost that even played during the mid-episodes. Voice acting was good, though!
- Art/Animation: 6/10
Again, nothing too much of a praise or a criticism from my side. It was just about fine to just be there, not to enhance certain scenes or vice-versa.
- Personal Enjoyment: 7/10
Now, this might have been a little lower had I not been giving my exams but I’m glad I picked this up now. It really was a nice watch and really helped to provide a break from the strenuous high school examinations!

- Overall: Solid 6.8/10.
I’ll give the manga a go because I’m really curious how things will progress from here on out.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 5, 2019 1:54 AM

Jun 2015
i actually enjoyed this a lot more than i thought i would. super enjoyable for me, and i already knew from the start of course the opening would be open ended with no one chosen. i think i'll probably go read the manga now, i wanna know who she chooses there. 7/10
Jan 6, 2019 10:46 AM

May 2017
Does anyone else think this anime is about the inability of hard-core otaku to see themselves as fully human?
Feb 20, 2019 3:56 AM

Dec 2013
My review: Shit ending.

Mar 14, 2019 8:48 PM

Nov 2016
Pretty amusing how everyone played dirty against Asuma haha.

Sweet finale, enjoyed the date part and the admittedly predictable outcome. I liked it nonetheless and there was no way it could've ended in a different manner.

Great watch overall, it even exceeded my expectations. Characters and comedy were exactly for my liking.

The manga has already ended by now and there's still not a second season, I guess hoping is futile at this point. But I will make sure to check out the manga in the future.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 3, 2019 11:48 AM
Jul 2018
i wanted kae to pick one of them but i guess thats asking too much... even though senpai was my favorite boy the whole time, i wouldn't have minded if kae decided to date somebody else.
i grew attached to all the characters, i will definitely re watch this anime in the future.
Nov 20, 2019 11:26 PM

Oct 2019
I find this show is surprisingly pretty enjoyable to watch. Lots of comedy and friendship than romance.
Jul 7, 2020 9:52 AM

Aug 2016
7/10 The ending was funny and fit the show. Most importantly, there is still a chance for the best suitors to win her heart.

The two best are Mutsumi and Shima

SchwingBoner said:
Kae preferring 2D over 3D. (-‸ლ)
And Mutsumi is clearly dominating esp since he stopped being dense & realized his feelings for Kae.

Mutsumi is perfect boyfriend and friend material. He's always liked Kae and was even happy for her well being rejected.

thatPinkSpider said:

god bless this girl

She is Kae's rich, caring, and handsome girl soulmate. Again, someone that cared for Kae from the start. Opposites may attract but we enjoy spending time with people of similar interests more.

I am neutral the other dark haired guy, but the two light haired boys can go kick rocks or kiss each other they don't deserve Kae.
Aug 10, 2020 9:42 AM

May 2017
I didnt expect shion to resurect !

My favorite was the big brother , the 3 of them XD
I was expecting more gay things

MC voice is amazing 😆
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Sep 15, 2020 7:09 AM
May 2020
I actually like it that she didn't pick anyone and starting liking his Shion again
I know Her and Mutsumi would have been a really good couple but I still like it that she didn't ended up with anyone and I think ending was pretty satisfying as well
Jan 30, 2021 10:56 AM
Aug 2020
LOL that was a fun anime, the ending was funny XD

2d men always win at the end ;)
Feb 8, 2021 5:10 AM

May 2020
Pretty funny anime! Enjoyed it as a normal SOL
Mar 3, 2021 6:28 PM

Dec 2012
And life goes on. I'm not even mad at Kae's cop-out. She remained true to form checked out of that shitty game known as reality in order to return to her roots.

Initially I was skeptical about what I'd gotten myself into. Then I realized what I'd really gotten myself into. And then I knew I wanted to get myself into even more of it! The way this show played so loose with the tropes was an absolute riot. It really felt like nothing was off limits as it just kept ratcheting up the antics. And what made this doubly unusual is that Kae ended up being my favorite character. I never imagined I'd see a reverse harem where the heroine outshines her princes. And while Kae's quirky fujoshi personality was highly amusing, I'm glad that the title wasn't the entire focus of the show. The sheer variety of absurdity is what ended up keeping the laughs fresh all along the way.

8.5/10 and Happy Birthday, Kae!
May 9, 2021 10:01 AM

Jul 2020
Waste of time. I thought she would finally pick, but of course she picked an anime character.
Aug 18, 2021 8:04 AM

Jun 2012
That Alpaca was the funniest thing all series.
Sep 7, 2021 7:37 AM
Aug 2020
It was a fun ending, really. However, I really wish she coould've ended up with someone, giving the viewers the closure needed.
Oct 24, 2021 12:11 AM

Jan 2021
Rather disappointing ending. I really don't like how she suddenly has no clue when earlier in the series she knew they all wanted to date her and knew exactly what was going on. Also a complete cop-out on a ending with the answer. I could deal with the open ending but not the sudden cluelessness. I do like how she doesn't even give it a second thought that one of them is a girl. She just isn't bothered by it at all.
Dec 5, 2021 10:31 AM

Oct 2020
Yeah, agreed. It was a fun episode and a fun ending, but they basically had to retcon the plot. At least if they had mentioned she has amnesia, then they could've used that as a cop-out, but they chose to just straight ignore what happened before. Other than that, fun.

I do love how traditional gender roles played no significant role in a romantic aspect and that being accepted by everyone is how it should be.
Mar 14, 2022 2:28 AM

May 2020
Yeah, I know the ending will be like this. Eroge route show the same how they are getting in there. It is funny show, up and down story. I'm still looking for Igarashi x Shima they are suit together. Point of this cartoon, Waifu is Laifu
Mar 22, 2022 10:48 AM

Jul 2021
Kae is such an otaku lmao but yeah if she has too choose real quick is real tough but I assured it's going to be Asuma being amongst the other boys, he's the only who doesn't give a shit about her body. 7/10, I actually need to read the manga if my route is correct or otherwise my disappointment is immeasurable.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 24, 2023 12:22 PM

Aug 2014
It was a fun anime, so no complaints. 

All characters were fun. 

The female MC was a cutie and adorable. 

I like the atmosphere and energy of the anime. 

I do wish we would have had an episode dedicated to the best friend of the female MC and her boyfriend and that shes also an Otaku. 

Also, asides from episodes 1 and 5, the anime didnt do much with the whole over-weight girl and how the guys would react. 

But still, a fun fun anime.  And its very surprising that theres no OVA or special episodes. 
Nov 12, 2023 3:59 AM
Jul 2015
I preferred mc x lesbian hot woman (that rich short hair) & she x prince prince stay as asexual dont like any gender just shipping men gay fictional & irl I dont like the manga ending with the long hair guy marriage 👎👎👎🤢
Feb 24, 9:01 PM

Sep 2021
A great way to finish the season. It was lovely how they all confessed to her and gave their all on their dates...

But Serinuma is Serinuma and so far, no "3D Route" could capture her heart...

Onto the manga now. Exactly half the work was adapted and it's very sad to see this good split point never inspired another season. From what I've heard, it's getting even better now.

On to my review. Even though it's Shoujo Romance, my least favorite genre, I really enjoyed it. It didn't take itself serious and felt like a parody most of the time, which was great. It did a good job combining the crazy fujoshi and harem shenanigans with some of the rather serious romance parts. Though I much prefered it's comedy.

As for the characters, I generally like all of them.
Serinuma does a great job as the center of the harem who can't keep her mind on her own love story for two seconds.
Musumi was my favorite of the harem. He's just a wonderful, slightly oblivous person who harbors not a single bad feeling inside him - as long as his brother's off the scene.
Nishina is a great choice aswell. I was suprised she actually gets to be "one of the boys" in a Shoujo work - in a positive way. Aside from handling her well, her prince-ish character also led to a plethora of funny scenes.
Shinomiya felt like the one to have not the slightest chance most of the time, but did really well during his arc and he's quite funny and wholesome to watch.
Nana got some of the best comedy scenes, be it on the bridge or as the best Uke for Igarashi or Kazuma. Though I could never imagine him as a serious love interest for Serinuma, he just doesn't fit her.
Finally, Igarashi is my least favorite. He's the filler to hold the harem together and the generic, handsome, polite but slightly twisted Shoujo boy. He's needed for the show to work, but not as memorable as the others. No good as Serinuma's boyfriend, of course.

All in all it was a fun ride with few weak points. 8/10.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi ga Motete Dousunda Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2016

78 by carolcomecus »»
Apr 27, 11:12 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motete Dousunda Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2016

64 by Bisalissy »»
Feb 24, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motete Dousunda Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2016

72 by Bisalissy »»
Feb 24, 7:44 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motete Dousunda Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2016

84 by Bisalissy »»
Feb 11, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motete Dousunda Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2016

139 by Bisalissy »»
Feb 5, 10:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.