Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2014 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was actually a pretty decent fight, mecha wise. Pretty brutal too but I liked how this episode portrayed both sides.

Quite an ending there. Wow, a big cliffhanger.

Jun 8, 2014 7:07 PM

Oct 2013
Badass Jigur is Badass Jigur, he deserve hall of fame of Badass
Jun 8, 2014 10:04 PM
Jun 2014
Woah?? Broken Blade is episode 10 then movie 5.. Girge vs Rygart in krisna vs athens.. and Girge died in episode 10 then movie 5

|| I need next episode 11 then final episode (12) and movie 6 (final) â¦
Roseanne Maceda
Jun 10, 2014 9:35 AM

May 2013
Girge has impressed me yet again. Annihilating the enemy group like that. He's the most badass guy I've seen in this series.

I crave for the next episode so bad. It doesn't look like he survived that though.
CreamZiJun 10, 2014 9:39 AM
Jun 10, 2014 10:09 AM

Dec 2012
Girge should be the mc with those skills.

Jun 10, 2014 10:54 AM
Jan 2014
This episode was full of action.
Hodr cares a lot about his friends, what a man.
Narvi was pretty lucky to bail out of her Golem, just as it was getting crushed.
I hope Nile is alive, though that scene didn't look too hopeful for him.
Girge trashed most of those troops from Athens. The way he approaches his enemies is very interesting.
I can't believe he just stood infront of Athens' pressgun shots while retaining calmness.
He can act a little bit tough at times, but he remained loyal towards Krishna until the end, it seems.
Poor Rygart, he is in a very right spot.
Jun 10, 2014 11:00 AM

Aug 2008
Girge brought the GAR back.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 10, 2014 11:42 AM

Jun 2007
This TV adaptation is officially a lazy piece of shit now. They added the Girge fight but didn't alter the circumstances from the rushed OVA AT ALL. Which is to say watching this is no better than watching the fucking OVA. The Girge fight didn't have much in the way of animation - certainly not enough to justify no budget having been spent before - and it gave me none of the manga tingles. And the action is the weakest aspect of the manga since you can rarely tell the golems apart. No exciting one-leg hopping here!

As soon as Girge kicked Rygart to the edge of the cliff, I KNEW it wouldn't follow the manga. In the manga, the fight ends with Rygart and Girge plus some others captured. They're taken before Borcuse. What Borcuse says is this: if the pilot of the under-golem steps forward, he'll spare the life of the others. Rygart is about to step forward when Girge beats him to it. Narvi's brother (iirc) elbows Rygart to stop him saying anything and he can only watch in horror as Borcuse shoots Girge in the head. He dies still smiling.

This event also plays a big role in the final showdown between Rygart and Borcuse: Borcuse taunts Rygart by telling him he knew Girge wasn't the pilot and killed him anyway. And since Rygart's psychological breakdown later is tied to not understanding WHY Girge did what he did/how he willingly died for him, it has NONE of the weight for Rygart to just fall of a cliff and not see him die. WEAK!

I just know it: Rygart is still going to be swinging his sodding OVA ball vs. Borcuse. And the Binoten battle is gonna be a C&P job, with maybe the end altered. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME! I just don't get it. How does the Girge fight alone justify this show? That's just superficial if you don't alter the events and pacing.

About Girge being a badarse: he's a psycho. He only cares for himself and his own desires. Neither Baldr or Rygart gain any understanding of him. Or anyone else. He's the sort of character that fights sometimes and not others, inexplicably, and decides to sacrifice himself or not on a whim--because it's interesting. He's not main character character material; he's Levi from Shingeki: invincible unless the odds are stacked heavily against him. He's awesome and almost unique as a character, hence the affection people hold for him, but don't go overboard.
AironicallyHumanJun 10, 2014 11:47 AM
Jun 10, 2014 1:31 PM

Jun 2012
Girge's too badass to die by some stupid fodder firing squad. Oh well it looks like they wont change anything. Last two eps are going to be shit. I'll still watch it though.
Sol_OuJun 10, 2014 1:36 PM
Jun 10, 2014 2:01 PM

Mar 2012
I didn't see the movies, and the series has been pretty meh, but to think the first character they actually made me care about is Girge
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Jun 10, 2014 2:28 PM

May 2009
I watched 5th OVA last week and they added and changed a lot in second half of episode.
Jun 10, 2014 3:35 PM

Aug 2013
Not really sure how i feel about Girge's attitude, but he sure is a badass....
My Candies:
Jun 10, 2014 5:14 PM

Apr 2012
Antanaru said:
Girge brought the GAR back.
It's been 4 years since I've read Break Blade in manga, but it made me remember how badass Girge was.

THis is probably not a good episode to watch with my 6 year old sister, as I've come to realize afterward.
bunny1ov3rJun 10, 2014 5:20 PM
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 10, 2014 6:16 PM

May 2012
Wow, Girge took care of all those enemies. BA. Too bad he is still dead.
Jun 10, 2014 6:54 PM

Feb 2011
Girge is awesome. Fight was sick
I should watch the movie/ova

Jun 10, 2014 8:56 PM

May 2013
So who else thinks that Girge's accusations that Rygart wants the Queen (Sigyn) for himself? I don't think so, but they surely made it seem that way. And man I don't think I've seen a badass like Girge in a loong time.
Jun 10, 2014 10:17 PM

Aug 2007
Oh man great ep. Sure pretty much all from the 5th Movie but I don't get tired of how Girge gets things done especially how corner he was.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 11, 2014 12:05 AM

Nov 2010
Girge was bad ass here with no doubt
Rygart just served as a warm up to him and when Bades crew showed up he just killed them off like a true warrior

He reminds me a bit of "Hannibal" set free and killing off others with his own agenda
Jun 11, 2014 1:01 AM

Aug 2008
Girge is one badass dude. Even if he died, he died hard.
Jun 11, 2014 5:41 AM

Dec 2011
Rygart vs Girge ... I think he has a death wish or sentence lol.

Instead of helping their team Rygart and Girge are two idiots that are fighting one another...

At least Narvi got away...

Girge is at least awesome when he fights...

So... did Girge die? T.T
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jun 11, 2014 6:23 AM

Feb 2012
While I was skimming through this episode (because I already watched the movies), I was stunned to see that they changed it up - the fighting scenes of Girge and Athens in the anime.

In the movie...

I guess I'll fully watch the following episodes to see the outcome of these changes.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jun 11, 2014 8:26 AM

Aug 2010
I remember Girge being BA in the movies and seeing it here again didn't have any less impact! THE DUDE IS F***N BEAST!!! One of the most BA characters ever! He brutally owned the supposed "Cream of the crop" XD RIP! If only Rygart can become this strong with a mecha as strong as his he'd become invincible -.-
Jun 11, 2014 10:29 AM

Jul 2013
I find it really stupid how Girge and Rygart fought each other. I mean Rygart is such a fucking idiot to be riled up by Girge's words, as if his teammates and the general hasn't already warned him enough. He's waaaay too hot-headed and easily manipulated. I half-wished Girge killed him right then and there.

Krishna's golems are also way too inferior to Athens' one considering they have a brilliant scientist like Sygin around. Is there any explanation about this in the manga or in the movie?
Jun 11, 2014 12:59 PM
Feb 2014
Girge was fucking badass..didn't expect him to solo all of them, but he did it ; it didn't felt like some bullshit plot power.

fucking Rygart is useless..this episode only makes me hate weak main characters more.
Jun 11, 2014 2:44 PM
May 2014
The added fight scene was nice but I really don't like how the OVA does Girge's death. It takes away the character development and the motive that leads to Badass Rygart from the manga.
Jun 11, 2014 10:59 PM
Mar 2014
boredguy77 said:
Girge was fucking badass..didn't expect him to solo all of them, but he did it ; it didn't felt like some bullshit plot power.

fucking Rygart is useless..this episode only makes me hate weak main characters more.

It's true that Rygart can be considered "weak" at this point. His character development in the manga is heavily based on Girge's death and since there are only 2 episodes to go, guess we won't be seeing many Rygart's BA parts.. :/

starlightgundam said:
The added fight scene was nice but I really don't like how the OVA does Girge's death. It takes away the character development and the motive that leads to Badass Rygart from the manga.

Same here, the way they changed Girge's death made it less meaningful...
Jun 12, 2014 2:01 AM

Sep 2008
Noooo, Girge ;(

Whereas Athena had many, many great fighters Krishna had only 1 interesting.

Everyone in Krishna is so bland, boring, and hell, even weak. Girge was a breath of fresh air, he was their only competent fighter and hell, I dare say he was the only interesting thing to happen to this show in a while.

It's like whole Krishna is kindergarten going to war with Girge being the only adult and understanding that people die.

And don't even let me start on Rygart.
He literally put up more of a fight and got angrier at Girge for differences in life views than he did against Athena general for slaughtering civilians in a village he lived at.

I did ask for more emotions from Rygart last time, but that guy is so weird. I can't even start explaining how much I hate his character.

P.S. Just how many times are Athena girl pilots going to survive when they should've died?
The one that died killed herself. The other one got wounded and survived and now 2 more got their golems destroyed but survived by shots missing an inch of cockpit.
The only reason I can see at leaving them alive when they should've been dead by all rights is to have a pile of enemies Rygart is going to defeat somewhere down the road.
Jun 12, 2014 11:32 AM

Jan 2011
This episode actually showed new scenes that weren't in the movie. Particularly the part showing Girge fight the Spartans which was in the manga.
It was a great scene, but I expected more from the anime series in the first place.

The bright lining is that all these episodes and OVAs only serve to show how much better the manga is.

nina4life said:

I did ask for more emotions from Rygart last time, but that guy is so weird. I can't even start explaining how much I hate his character.

P.S. Just how many times are Athena girl pilots going to survive when they should've died?
The one that died killed herself. The other one got wounded and survived and now 2 more got their golems destroyed but survived by shots missing an inch of cockpit.
The only reason I can see at leaving them alive when they should've been dead by all rights is to have a pile of enemies Rygart is going to defeat somewhere down the road.

The anime and OVA skips a lot of character development for Rygart particularly on the part of Girge's death. I'm assuming they'll just pretty much skip forward to the battle between Rygart and Borcuse after this. I mean, what can they do with only 2 episodes remaining?

Also in the manga and OVA, the female Athenian pilot who killed General True, gets killed by Girge around this part. Not sure why they decided to not show or change that for the anime.
Jun 12, 2014 5:49 PM

Feb 2012
GIRGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Jun 12, 2014 9:25 PM

Mar 2013
Jigur, my man, you're pretty much the best character ever. Ugh, I'm really sad now.
Amazing battle.
Jun 13, 2014 2:30 PM

Nov 2012
What epic way to die. I really wanted him to live, Kirisha NEEDS him Rygart alone isn't strong enough!
Jun 13, 2014 7:28 PM

Nov 2011
SacredFactor said:
Also in the manga and OVA, the female Athenian pilot who killed General True, gets killed by Girge around this part. Not sure why they decided to not show or change that for the anime.

Jun 13, 2014 9:28 PM

Oct 2012
Different from both the manga and the movies.
Interesting, wasn't expecting this anime to be a third canon.
Or perhaps something of a directors cut or something of that sort given the reused scenes and overall similarities to the movies.

Knew the spartans would show in this version ever since the trailer came out.

The manga version was still better, but this is certainly an improvement from the movies. Was really caught off guard by Nike appearing in the manner she had.

EDIT:
Barion-Zara said:
If only Rygart can become this strong with a mecha as strong as his he'd become invincible -.-

In the manga.
BeryllusJun 13, 2014 10:47 PM
Jun 15, 2014 2:04 AM

Jan 2008
So, 10 episodes in, have there been ANY new scenes added, like they said?
Jun 16, 2014 9:48 AM

Dec 2013
Girge is da frickin man! He deserves Hodr's kingdom AND that Sigyn. I'm freaking serious.

Rygart is just cannon fodder in this show. I don't know why he's even the MC. He should be like the narrator: "And that's how I met the greatest warrior in all the Kingdom, Girge-sama..."
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 16, 2014 5:59 PM

Apr 2014
i would like to see more of girge...woooow, nice,like this type of guys
with no fear at all,a beast!
but i love Rygart too....even is very kind...he fights but is peaceful...that conflict makes him very interesting,very sexy!! hahaha
Jun 17, 2014 8:44 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Finally, the new series shows that both expecting.
Girghe had the utmost respect already in the previous series, now reaches the Olympus of heroes.
Drawings and animations good, better than good storytelling.
Curious to see what will be left of the characters, you still Palera of them, or you will pass immediately to the final battle?
I look forward to the next episode.
Jul 7, 2014 9:36 PM

Aug 2012
I've watched the movies and I have forgotten how bad-ass Girge was. Dang son , that episode was BEAST !!
Jul 21, 2014 6:57 AM

Oct 2009
I have mixed feelings on Rygart as the protagonist of this show. While I like his character design(cos it reminds me of a grown up Oz from Pandora Hearts) and he's quite grounded as a character (quoting his dad), he's easily provoked, irritatingly stubborn and is a bit of a hypocrite...the first two traits that caused deaths and casualties to his allies.

The Sigyn and Cleo moment was out of place with all the action that took place here.

I like the new scenes added in this ep. Girge needs more time to shine after all before he dies. Though the part where the enemy pinned Girge's Artemis down and shouting "This is how you violate a woman" was totally uncalled for 0.o
Aug 10, 2014 8:20 AM

Dec 2013
Fuck. They killed my favourite character :(
Sep 21, 2014 1:26 AM

Nov 2009
The best character of this bleak show is killed, huh...
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Oct 6, 2014 11:25 PM

Apr 2013
Just when I was ready to hate Girge's guts he does something like that...

HE'S LIKE A FREAKING GOD IN A ROBOT!!! (freak is the key word here) Though the sad thing is that he died. Yes, his death wasn't shown but we can pretty much assume he's dead. If there's one thing we can understand from BB is even the greatest won't be shown any mercy.

P.S.
He probably became my favorite character in the show. I'll have to rewatch the show to be certain.
Nov 9, 2014 10:13 AM

Jun 2014
Girge was badass, what a epic death
Jan 14, 2016 6:59 AM

Jul 2013
Rygart's voice is really horrendous! especially when he yells or grunts, it's like there's a lot of phlegm in his throat. And his fight scene with Girge was corny af. So pretentious. They're both tsudere faggots really. "If I defeat you.. you will become a general! Surpass your father!" damn so much cringe.

Bullet hole in the head, head split with a giant sword.. one good thing about this borefest is that they don't censor these things.
Sep 25, 2016 8:47 AM
Mar 2016
this thread really spoiled it. i haven't seen the movies + this episode doesn't clearly show that girge died so can y'all talk about the movie on THE MOVIE THREAD??? jesus christ.
Dec 25, 2016 9:58 PM

Jun 2014
Rygart completely ruined the anime for me. I was going to give it a 7. Hot headed Rygart should have joined the fight instead of talking/fighting Girge. WTF is that? He talks big about justice and shit, yet he lets his team die while he fights Girge?
May 1, 2017 7:38 AM

Apr 2011
Badass character has badass death. It was enjoyable to see him kill all five generals alone. Best fight scene I've seen. The TV did change a lot from the OVA, it doesn't take away Girge's badassery.
Jan 16, 2023 7:41 AM
Oct 2020
Girge should have been the MC cause he's a million times cooler...
May 8, 2023 9:35 AM
Oct 2015
AironicallyHuman said:
This TV adaptation is officially a lazy piece of shit now. They added the Girge fight but didn't alter the circumstances from the rushed OVA AT ALL. Which is to say watching this is no better than watching the fucking OVA. The Girge fight didn't have much in the way of animation - certainly not enough to justify no budget having been spent before - and it gave me none of the manga tingles. And the action is the weakest aspect of the manga since you can rarely tell the golems apart. No exciting one-leg hopping here!

As soon as Girge kicked Rygart to the edge of the cliff, I KNEW it wouldn't follow the manga. In the manga, the fight ends with Rygart and Girge plus some others captured. They're taken before Borcuse. What Borcuse says is this: if the pilot of the under-golem steps forward, he'll spare the life of the others. Rygart is about to step forward when Girge beats him to it. Narvi's brother (iirc) elbows Rygart to stop him saying anything and he can only watch in horror as Borcuse shoots Girge in the head. He dies still smiling.

This event also plays a big role in the final showdown between Rygart and Borcuse: Borcuse taunts Rygart by telling him he knew Girge wasn't the pilot and killed him anyway. And since Rygart's psychological breakdown later is tied to not understanding WHY Girge did what he did/how he willingly died for him, it has NONE of the weight for Rygart to just fall of a cliff and not see him die. WEAK!

I just know it: Rygart is still going to be swinging his sodding OVA ball vs. Borcuse. And the Binoten battle is gonna be a C&P job, with maybe the end altered. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME! I just don't get it. How does the Girge fight alone justify this show? That's just superficial if you don't alter the events and pacing.

About Girge being a badarse: he's a psycho. He only cares for himself and his own desires. Neither Baldr or Rygart gain any understanding of him. Or anyone else. He's the sort of character that fights sometimes and not others, inexplicably, and decides to sacrifice himself or not on a whim--because it's interesting. He's not main character character material; he's Levi from Shingeki: invincible unless the odds are stacked heavily against him. He's awesome and almost unique as a character, hence the affection people hold for him, but don't go overboard.
i can't see any similarities between girge and levi at all, even in the slightest.
in fact I would argue levi is the complete opposite of some one like girge, levi is actually extremely loyal and cares alot about his friends and his person group. while girge is the complete opposite only doing things for a whim and for his own entertainment. 
someone like hisoka monroe from hxh is a much better comparison.

now breakblade has horrendous storywriting and a bunch of asspulls unlike hxh.
however, imagine if girge had the "my rubber nen" moment. and just randomly revived due to asspull.
now thats something that break blade has over hxh

More topics from this board

» Break Blade vs Movie. whats better?

TheNoseOfDeath - Jun 22, 2014

22 by quercifolia »»
Dec 22, 2023 4:55 AM

Poll: » Break Blade (TV) Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4, 2014

37 by dexter247 »»
Jun 3, 2023 6:02 AM

Poll: » Break Blade (TV) Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2014

28 by Neostorm-X »»
May 8, 2023 12:08 PM

Poll: » Break Blade (TV) Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

20 by Neostorm-X »»
May 8, 2023 9:16 AM

Poll: » Break Blade (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2014

53 by Kraum »»
Jan 16, 2023 8:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.