Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2014 7:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, and looks like someone interrupts with an ambition.

The action was okay I guess. Rygart is getting his ass kicked quite a bit, or rather more than I had thought this episode :o
Jun 3, 2014 5:26 AM

Feb 2011
can't find this episode anywhere. ._.

Jun 3, 2014 7:47 AM

Jun 2012
Lmao Narvi got all flustered when Girge had his glasses off.
Jun 3, 2014 9:22 AM
Jan 2014
I hope Rygart's brother is still alive and okay.
The battle between Rygart and Borcuse was really intense.
Rygart really needs to practise his combat skills.
Don't really blame him on his lack of experience on the battlefield though.
Its a good thing he woke up, otherwise he would have been history.
Narvi's squad helped him to bail out from enemy hands.
Though she did give him a proper greeting.
I think Cleo should be pretty much settled in with Sigyn.
The enemy arrived rather quickly in the end.

dragonlight said:
I know, right :P ?
Jun 3, 2014 9:29 AM

Aug 2010
dragonlight said:

lol XD

Good ep. Loved the action. Rygart getting owned is the way to go. He's just too inexperienced ^^;

They were totally screwed at the end. Gonna be tough to get out of this one. Can't wait for some Girge BAness :D

And CleoxSigyn is strong :P
Jun 3, 2014 10:34 AM

Aug 2007
Solid ep. Poor Rygart could lose his Family Jewels if he disobeys another order. Looks like they are all ambush and Rygart has to convince Girge to come back hopefully they come back before they are all dead. Looking forward to the next ep!

Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 3, 2014 2:32 PM

Apr 2012
Stark700 said:
The action was okay I guess. Rygart is getting his ass kicked quite a bit, or rather more than I had thought this episode :o
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 3, 2014 5:47 PM

Jun 2007
Another C&P job direct from the OVA. I even checked to make sure.

I can't remember WHAT, specifically, but there was something the OVA altered about how Rygart found the villagers. More bothersome, you know how Rygart randomly chases Girge at the end? That was OVA-only. In the middle of an ambush and he just runs off = STOOPID.

At least the preview makes clear that Girge will get his Oberyn fight episode... hopefully mostly all-new, rather than OVA recaps being mixed in. I'm hoping the next three episodes will all feature new art/animation to follow the manga. But considering how lazy even the OP is (bits from the Girge fight; a part from OVA opening; random facial close-ups from eps) I'm half-expecting just the Girge fight and then BACK TO THE OVA.

PS: To the guy who hated Rygart then started to like him the ep before, your love was short-lived after ep9, I'm sure!
Jun 3, 2014 6:53 PM

Nov 2011
AironicallyHuman said:
Another C&P job direct from the OVA. I even checked to make sure.

Yeah, this has been pretty disappointing honestly. I was hoping for a more faithful manga adaptation, but instead we've just been getting the same thing as the OVA.
Jun 3, 2014 10:39 PM

May 2013
The action was fine.
Jun 4, 2014 12:11 AM

Feb 2012
sooo.....what happened to being faithful to the manga? So far it's been exactly the same as the movies no?
Jun 4, 2014 2:37 AM

Nov 2010
Nothing new again with those families scenes
I guess the hopes are on some good blueray disc sales for a second season with new content
Jun 4, 2014 3:08 PM

Jan 2011
LiquidGold said:
sooo.....what happened to being faithful to the manga?

Don't know whoever said that, because they're dead wrong.
Jun 4, 2014 11:44 PM

Feb 2008
Am i the only one irritated by Rygart, a mc that is totally useless...
Just causing trouble to others, the more i watch the less i like him
Jun 6, 2014 3:57 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode engaging, I admit that Narvi is a good character, but also Nike is no joke.
Too bad that in the fighting, will break the rhythm of the shares with scene changes that do not make the whole fluid.
Compelling narrative, it has not lost even a minute to catch your breath, down in one gulp.
Very beautiful designs, Girghe will have had their reason to pull behind that idiot Rygart not wait to see the battle between Nike and ...! * w *
Always a shame to cut the most beautiful and that has not started yet unpublished part of the anime.
Jun 6, 2014 10:58 AM

Dec 2013
Girge is the man. Rygart is a selfish, idiotic spy for Athens who wants to drag his entire team down to the depths of hell. More than once or twice in this episode only did I want for Rygart to get his face smashed in by first the general, secondly by Girge. Girge was completely correct, Rygart just a selfish liability. If it takes his brothers death for him to become a better soldier, I'm all for it. Currently, Rygart is beyond pathetic.

Nuff said.

Oh and Sigyn and Girge should totally get together. I like strong intelligent male leads.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 7, 2014 9:43 AM

Dec 2011
Rygart ratted on Girge and his awesome display of what it means to be a real pilot, that has real skills and isn't practically useless in every battle.

Rygart's lil bro is in danger...

Borcuse vs Rygart! I sense some Rygart ass whooping lol.

Meh, Rygart managed to hold on for a little bit.

Their squad looks like it's almost done for lol.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jun 8, 2014 9:17 AM

Sep 2008
Rygarts piloting abilities aside, his portrayal is seriously lacking.

I mean, your village, a small place you lived at for years and probably knew every single person there, gets massacred and the best they can show is him yelling while charging at enemy.
Give him some bloody emotions. Make him scream, curse, cry, ANYTHING, just make him care about things around him and not just his brother, king and queen.

He's supposed to be nice person, someone who cares deeply about his surroundings. Yet whenever someone else besides holy trinity is involved he turns into machine.

I am glad to see him get his ass whooped by more experienced person, but I can't feel sorry or feel anything in general for person which displays about as much emotions as a dead cat.
Jun 9, 2014 6:33 PM

Apr 2013
Meh i wish the anime actually showed more than the movie series

Jan 11, 2016 6:56 AM

Jul 2013
This is how they do war? killing innocent and defenseless civilians? damn. War.. War never changes.

I hope Narvi won't die. She's my favorite. Anyway this episode ended abruptly lol. Half a second after two people talking, the ending song played like what?
May 8, 2023 9:16 AM
Oct 2015
lmao so they changed it so his brother died?

i guess it makes it better actually, the manga arc was super cringy with him trying to save his brother and constantly getting damage to tell him to flee.

More topics from this board

» Break Blade vs Movie. whats better?

TheNoseOfDeath - Jun 22, 2014

22 by quercifolia »»
Dec 22, 2023 4:55 AM

Poll: » Break Blade (TV) Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4, 2014

37 by dexter247 »»
Jun 3, 2023 6:02 AM

Poll: » Break Blade (TV) Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2014

28 by Neostorm-X »»
May 8, 2023 12:08 PM

Poll: » Break Blade (TV) Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

48 by Neostorm-X »»
May 8, 2023 9:35 AM

Poll: » Break Blade (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2014

53 by Kraum »»
Jan 16, 2023 8:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.