Anime & Manga News

TV Anime 'Violet Evergarden' Additional Cast Members Announced

by tsubasalover
Jul 3, 2:52 AM | 28 Comments
The official website has announced additional cast members and title of opening theme song of Violet Evergarden. The anime's world premiere was held at Anime Expo on Sunday. The anime is slated for Winter 2018 in Japan.

Cast
Claudia Hoggins: Takehito Koyasu (Tales of the Abyss)
Gilbert Bougainvillea: Daisuke Namikawa (Lupin III (2015))
Cattleya Baudelaire: Aya Endou (Neo Angelique Abyss)
Benedict Blue: Kouki Uchiyama (Nisekoi)

Opening Theme: "Sincerely" by TRUE

Source: Official Twitter

20 of 28 Comments Recent Comments

So goddamn hyped for this. Always happy to see a new Kyoani series. And the cast.. wow. So ready for this.

Oct 21, 3:08 AM by Yaboku

ED: "Michishirube (みちしるべ)" by Minori Chihara
http://www.ota-suke.jp/news/204160

Oct 21, 2:46 AM by tsubasalover

Hope this will be another big title from KyoAni for me, it's been far too long since I've had dem feelz from their studio >_< I'm waiting patiently.

Jul 4, 9:38 PM by Kitsu-nee

uchimaki131 said:
Bind said:
I am very excited for this. The story seems very interesting and the animation looks amazing. I really want Winter 2018 to come earlier, however, I don't want them to rush the anime.


Unlike normal anime studios, Kyoto animation finishes their anime before the airdate. Its also possible that they've already finished with the entire anime and making final cuts and edits on the other episodes to make it look better xD

That is true, however, I feel that this is what makes KyoAni have such amazing animation, they work on the anime even after it is completed and they could just release it.

Jul 4, 4:50 AM by Bind

I'm really hyped for this show and I'll be watching it for sure (even if it's only because of how beautiful it is) o~o

Jul 3, 5:12 PM by Shinah

I am so looking forward to this xP

Jul 3, 12:46 PM by Wasshio

Koyasu Namikawa Uchiyama they are so perfect I can't. I want a new PV soon.

Jul 3, 12:37 PM by Shadow-Chan

Definitely watching this, it looks very pretty.

Jul 3, 12:29 PM by Hekselka

Ok, tnx for the info. Very useful. :)

Jul 3, 11:46 AM by jzootz

Raina- said:
jzootz said:
How is this currently airing?, when it says that it ill will be airing on spring 2018 in Japan. And i had a notification the is currently airing, did i miss something?... i'm confused. Can someone explain?. Same goes for the Magus Wife.
The first episode of Violet Evergarden and the first three episodes of Mahotsukai no Yome were pre-screened at Anime Expo. MAL usually puts "currently airing" if the anime had it's first episode(s) pre-screened.
Nah, they dont usually do that, its the first time that happens. (i think)

Jul 3, 10:33 AM by DatRandomDude

So looking forward to this one!

Jul 3, 10:29 AM by Chibi-Alice

jzootz said:
How is this currently airing?, when it says that it ill will be airing on spring 2018 in Japan. And i had a notification the is currently airing, did i miss something?... i'm confused. Can someone explain?. Same goes for the Magus Wife.
The first episode of Violet Evergarden and the first three episodes of Mahotsukai no Yome were pre-screened at Anime Expo. MAL usually puts "currently airing" if the anime had it's first episode(s) pre-screened.

Jul 3, 9:27 AM by Raina-

How is this currently airing?, when it says that it ill will be airing on spring 2018 in Japan. And i had a notification the is currently airing, did i miss something?... i'm confused. Can someone explain?. Same goes for the Magus Wife.

Jul 3, 8:43 AM by jzootz

tsubasalover said:
@ClickBaitBuster
I'm aware, I do even mention in my news post.
The anime's world premiere was held at Anime Expo on Sunday.
oh, silly me. how did I not not notice that >_>

Z-Dante said:
ClickBaitBuster said:
I think the first ep got an early screening the other day at Anime Expo or something...
It was.. But that doesn't excuse the anime being listed for this season..
Previewing =/= Airing...
"Airing" means when an anime is airing on TV.. Which clearly wasn't the case for Violet Evergarden and there's still a long time left before that happens.. So lol I find this mistake straight out ridiculous.. Specially when it takes the top spot for the top airing anime leaving all the seasonals.. >_>

Hopefully it is fixed soon.. I'm planning watch it in Winter 18 anyways but it just doesn't belong in the airing section..
yeah..I think the same thing happened with OPM when it's first episode got pre-screening a month before the actual airing date.

@Robiiii
in any case, @tsubasalover is part of the news team and has nothing to do with it, this is the database moderators' job.
they also should allow the not-aired-yet entries to be added to the watching list so people who watch them before they air on tv would be able to mark them as "currently watching" without the need to change the airing statue in the database.

Jul 3, 8:07 AM by ClickBaitBuster

Hype is the only thing I can say about this.

Jul 3, 7:50 AM by Jazzyforcefield

Robiiii said:
Z-Dante said:
It was.. But that doesn't excuse the anime being listed for this season..
Previewing =/= Airing...
"Airing" means when an anime is airing on TV.. Which clearly wasn't the case for Violet Evergarden and there's still a long time left before that happens.. So lol I find this mistake straight out ridiculous.. Specially when it takes the top spot for the top airing anime leaving all the seasonals.. >_>

Hopefully it is fixed soon.. I'm planning watch it in Winter 18 anyways but it just doesn't belong in the airing section..

Apparently its listed as such only for those 10 people that visited anime expo and have seen it ONLY so they could add it to watch list coz if its unaired anime u cant list it as watching.
MAL being MAL ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I don't know you can call it "watching" if the gap between 2 episodes is 6 months.. More like it's "on-hold till I can get my hands on more of this shit" >__>

Aka, it should be just regular PTW with 1 episode checked out.. And I'm pretty sure almost all of the guys who watched the early screening will rewatch episode 1 again when it airs it on TV.. So what's the point of setting it to watching now? -.-

Jul 3, 7:26 AM by Z-Dante

Z-Dante said:
ClickBaitBuster said:
I think the first ep got an early screening the other day at Anime Expo or something...
It was.. But that doesn't excuse the anime being listed for this season..
Previewing =/= Airing...
"Airing" means when an anime is airing on TV.. Which clearly wasn't the case for Violet Evergarden and there's still a long time left before that happens.. So lol I find this mistake straight out ridiculous.. Specially when it takes the top spot for the top airing anime leaving all the seasonals.. >_>

Hopefully it is fixed soon.. I'm planning watch it in Winter 18 anyways but it just doesn't belong in the airing section..

Apparently its listed as such only for those 10 people that visited anime expo and have seen it ONLY so they could add it to watch list coz if its unaired anime u cant list it as watching.

Jul 3, 7:09 AM by Robiiii

ClickBaitBuster said:
Robiiii said:
>slated for Winter 2018
>Listed as Summer 2017

You guys make so much sense it hurts @tsubasalover
tsubasalover said:
Why tag me? Is that my fault?
I think the first ep got an early screening the other day at Anime Expo or something...
It was.. But that doesn't excuse the anime being listed for this season..
Previewing =/= Airing...
"Airing" means when an anime is airing on TV.. Which clearly wasn't the case for Violet Evergarden and there's still a long time left before that happens.. So lol I find this mistake straight out ridiculous.. Specially when it takes the top spot for the top airing anime leaving all the seasonals.. >_>

Hopefully it is fixed soon.. I'm planning watch it in Winter 18 anyways but it just doesn't belong in the airing section..

Jul 3, 6:46 AM by Z-Dante

@ClickBaitBuster
I'm aware, I do even mention in my news post.
The anime's world premiere was held at Anime Expo on Sunday.

Jul 3, 6:42 AM by tsubasalover

Bind said:
I am very excited for this. The story seems very interesting and the animation looks amazing. I really want Winter 2018 to come earlier, however, I don't want them to rush the anime.


Unlike normal anime studios, Kyoto animation finishes their anime before the airdate. Its also possible that they've already finished with the entire anime and making final cuts and edits on the other episodes to make it look better xD

Jul 3, 6:40 AM by uchimaki131

Related Database Entries