Anime & Manga News

Manga 'Nanatsu no Taizai' Gets TV Anime Adaptation

by tsubasalover
Apr 11, 2014 3:01 AM | 107 Comments
According to a scan of Weekly Shounen Magazine's upcoming issue, Nanatsu no Taizai will be adapted into a TV anime. More information will be released at a later time.

The magazine first ran Nakaba Suzuki's same-titled one-shot in November 2011, before the series began serialization in October 2012. Seven volumes have been published so far, with the eighth to be released on April 17th.

Aside from the first volume, all currently released manga volumes have charted #6 or higher in their debut on Oricon's Weekly Manga Rankings, with volume 7 achieving second place. The manga further ranked 4th in this year's Manga Taisho award list.

Source: Scan via ANN

News submitted by Nidhoeggr & Stark700

Nanatsu no Taizai (TV) on MAL

20 of 107 Comments Recent Comments

Cool, adding to my PTW, might like it.

May 1, 2014 1:35 AM by xfero

Is there any news or rumors that concern the producers?

Apr 30, 2014 4:16 PM by Napok

Ghost001 said:
Andan210 said:
Ghost001 said:
Andan210 said:
Zeta986 said:
i`m not really looking forward to this generic battle shounen.

Fixed for you.

Zeta986 said:

i have a question for those manga readers

#1 Is the Main character act like Uzumaki Naruto-clone or Monkey D. Luffy clone?

#2 Is the main heroine really useless?

#3 Are the villains were overpowered and they act like '' BWUAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I`M SO EVIL I`M GONNA DESTROY THE HUMAN RACE AND CONQUER THE WORLD! NO ONE CAN STOP ME NOW HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!'' just like that?

#4 The main character have Deus Ex Machina powers? or Super Saiyan power up clone?

#5 It contains fanservice overdose?

#1 No.

#2 Nope. She's not a fighter but she's not useless either.

#3 There are villians that are overpowered, but they have a reason to be. I guess for the rest of your comments you don't like vilain laughs. Sorry, there are villain laughs.

#4 What is a Super Saiyajin power up clone? I think you're mixing Dragon Ball with Naruto here. And no, the main protagonist doesn't get his powers out of nowhere.

#5 Not really. There is fanservice and ecchi, but not that much.


Bullshit! And you know it. But you are defending a series you like. it's understandable.

Where i'm talking bullshit?


From your statement.Only #5 is legit. Everything else is bullshit!

Enough of your bullshit lol you just proved you don't know nothing about the manga.

Apr 19, 2014 6:09 AM by Z4k

Ghost001 said:


From your statement.Only #5 is legit. Everything else is bullshit!

You must have read the manga drunk or something. Meliodas is not even remotely close to being like Naruto or Luffy.

Zeta986 said:
i`m not really looking forward to this generic shounen.

How do you know it's generic, if you didn't even read it?

Andan210 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Hopefully a longrunner?

I also want a long-runner.
But the thing is that currently there's only 73 manga chapters. That's not enough for even 40 episodes of anime, so they will have to use a lot of fillers very early.

It will get the Magi treatment most likely.

Longrunner adaptions are super rare nowadays.

Apr 19, 2014 4:40 AM by tsudecimo

2014 WHY ARE YOU SO GOOD TO US

Is the anime industry peaking?

Apr 19, 2014 4:33 AM by tsudecimo

I wouldn't pitch my hopes for a long-running anime too high. As it's been mentioned, there's only so much source material to adapt. I'd rather see a properly done 12-episode season than a longer one riddled with filler (just look at the Railgun anime, to name an example).

Apr 19, 2014 2:55 AM by Rachmaninow

IntroverTurtle said:
Andan210 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Hopefully a longrunner?

I also want a long-runner.
But the thing is that currently there's only 73 manga chapters. That's not enough for even 40 episodes of anime, so they will have to use a lot of fillers very early.
That's sad, I guess I could do with separate seasons.
Don't most anime based off long-running manga series end prematurely or with a filler ending?

Apr 18, 2014 4:49 AM by Minagatachi

keragamming said:
BasaraTheSlayer said:
I have tried to get into the manga but that art style is... yeah I might watch the anime and give it a try


Yea, reminds me of one piece art style. eewwww

Will wait for anime version as well.
I didn't like it at first, but I got used to it pretty quick. The more I read the better it seems, too.

Apr 12, 2014 6:49 PM by AlexTheRiot

BasaraTheSlayer said:
I have tried to get into the manga but that art style is... yeah I might watch the anime and give it a try


Yea, reminds me of one piece art style. eewwww

Will wait for anime version as well.

Apr 12, 2014 6:15 PM by keragamming

pillsbury15 said:
Tried reading it... though the awful art and equally awful first chapters were extremely off-putting might check it out as long as a decent studio picks it up.
BasaraTheSlayer said:
I have tried to get into the manga but that art style is... yeah I might watch the anime and give it a try


This is odd, I thought its art was great. Guess my memory is a bit foggy, I should probably reread some of the older chapters.

Apr 12, 2014 6:11 PM by Minagatachi

Had a crossover with Fairy Tail? Between that and the character designs, I'm quite confident I wouldn't enjoy this even remotely.

Apr 12, 2014 5:44 PM by Doaj

I have tried to get into the manga but that art style is... yeah I might watch the anime and give it a try

Apr 12, 2014 3:51 PM by BasaraTheSlayer

YEES finally! I've been wanting to see this animated for such a long time.

Apr 12, 2014 2:16 PM by ArgentiumTea

Tried reading it... though the awful art and equally awful first chapters were extremely off-putting might check it out as long as a decent studio picks it up.

Apr 12, 2014 5:15 AM by pillsburyXV

phoenixalia said:
I knew this would get an anime which is why I haven't read the manga. Now I'll wait for the anime and after it's over I'll read the manga.


Dude, what?!?!? This is how I do my shit too :O
You are awesome ^^ We will do the same thing.

Yeah, I knew that this Manga would get an Anime adaption because I have been seeing its name on the "Japan's Weekly Manga and Light Novel Rankings" news every time.
The Manga looks good, can't wait for the adaption :3

Apr 12, 2014 5:03 AM by Tengai

just started reading the manga already read 16 chapters and now i can't wait for the anime :D

Apr 12, 2014 12:40 AM by magji

Zeta986 said:
i`m not really looking forward to this generic shounen.

i have a question for those manga readers

#1 Is the Main character act like Uzumaki Naruto-clone or Monkey D. Luffy clone?

#2 Is the main heroine really useless?

#3 Are the villains were overpowered and they act like '' BWUAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I`M SO EVIL I`M GONNA DESTROY THE HUMAN RACE AND CONQUER THE WORLD! NO ONE CAN STOP ME NOW HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!'' just like that?

#4 The main character have Deus Ex Machina powers? or Super Saiyan power up clone?

#5 It contains fanservice overdose?


1. Meliodas is nothing like Naruto or Luffy.
2. In terms of fighting yes, she has good aspects but she's more or less just the damsel in distress most of the time.
3. 99% of the villains we have seen are weaker than the main characters but they can fight on par because the main characters aren't at their primes (throughout the story the Sins are looking for their weapons, and they are quite weak without them)
4. Yep,

5. Not really, a bit here and there, but it's not that bad

Apr 12, 2014 12:06 AM by Minagatachi

Ghost001 said:
Andan210 said:
Ghost001 said:
Andan210 said:
Zeta986 said:
i`m not really looking forward to this generic battle shounen.

Fixed for you.

Zeta986 said:

i have a question for those manga readers

#1 Is the Main character act like Uzumaki Naruto-clone or Monkey D. Luffy clone?

#2 Is the main heroine really useless?

#3 Are the villains were overpowered and they act like '' BWUAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I`M SO EVIL I`M GONNA DESTROY THE HUMAN RACE AND CONQUER THE WORLD! NO ONE CAN STOP ME NOW HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!'' just like that?

#4 The main character have Deus Ex Machina powers? or Super Saiyan power up clone?

#5 It contains fanservice overdose?

#1 No.

#2 Nope. She's not a fighter but she's not useless either.

#3 There are villians that are overpowered, but they have a reason to be. I guess for the rest of your comments you don't like vilain laughs. Sorry, there are villain laughs.

#4 What is a Super Saiyajin power up clone? I think you're mixing Dragon Ball with Naruto here. And no, the main protagonist doesn't get his powers out of nowhere.

#5 Not really. There is fanservice and ecchi, but not that much.


Bullshit! And you know it. But you are defending a series you like. it's understandable.

Where i'm talking bullshit?


From your statement.Only #5 is legit. Everything else is bullshit!

Ok, lets see:

#1 How is Meliodas a Luffy/Naruto clone? Seriously. Where?

#2 I guess you could consider her useless if you want a fighter female protagonist, but still, she has moments when she proves her strength in her own way.

#3 Some villains are overpowered, and they reasons to be. There's also villain laughs. I don't see what is wrong here.

#4 We seem to be in a disagreement of what Deus Ex Machina is. For me, is an external element (in this case powers) that are forcibly introduced in the story and that do not follow the story's internal logic. How does Meliodas's powers fall under this?

Apr 11, 2014 9:26 PM by Andan210

-MgZ_ said:
Get fukin rekt! Best news!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, this better be four cour to at least reach chapter 50.

Anyways, I was expecting this news anytime now. Finally! Can't wait for our badass Sins.

And as always, I HOPE A-1 IS NOT THE ONE DOING IT or else it'll be another case of A-1 adapting a super popular manga and taking it to dumpster with their shit adaptation.


4 cour? and then after that when will the next season comes out? 2020? I think this will be 2 cour like attack on titan.

Apr 11, 2014 9:25 PM by Ghost001

Get fukin rekt! Best news!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, this better be four cour to at least reach chapter 50.

Anyways, I was expecting this news anytime now. Finally! Can't wait for our badass Sins.

And as always, I HOPE A-1 IS NOT THE ONE DOING IT or else it'll be another case of A-1 adapting a super popular manga and taking it to dumpster with their shit adaptation.

Apr 11, 2014 9:24 PM by -MgZ_

Related Database Entries