Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 23, 2023 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
Finally, it's the way things were before with the magical girls back and Otaku Hero.

After all the despair, it's about time some miracles happened. Not going to lie, Otaku Hero without his glasses on is on another level of badass this episode. Everyone got fired up for the final confrontation with that theme song. An epic finale imo even with that clifhangerish ending. This needs another season though.
Stark700Jun 23, 2023 12:58 PM
Jun 23, 2023 10:21 AM

Jul 2017
With Shobon playing everything as to the script, Otaku Hero is at a point where he's on the losing side, but the hopes of the otaku will not die, as long as the SSC retreats and falls back to their victory. But in Akiba, things are different as Shobon had full reins, and one thing that Otaku Hero didn't account for, is Kyotaro being Origin, though he doesn't buy the nonsense of Shobon's game. To eradicate otaku is Shobon's objective, and Otaku Hero isn't having any of that shit laden on him. Try as he might, but Shobon is a mere immortal at this point, all in a carefully designed game that labels him as the final boss to be slain. All of the hope from the first encounter on Christmas Eve, pined down on his final breath as the Magical Destroyers execute him, one last time.

Akin to a god killing time with the people being liken to NPCs, Otaku Hero's death is causal, and everyone otaku-related was rounded by the SSC with the Magical Destroyers, though if Otaku Hero ever lived to see the tale, it would be through his followers...that for once, didn't exactly go towards the script that he penned, with the next Otaku Hero following the trails of the original Otaku Hero, continuing his legacy.

The Revolutionary Army may be done, but not the revolution...that's the message of this show.

What an experimental show...that had its tracks open, but ultimately went nowhere in-between, giving it a start and a finish.
KANLen09Jun 23, 2023 7:59 PM
Jun 23, 2023 12:14 PM

Dec 2010
"Pls play our mobile game" the ending I guess.
Jun 23, 2023 12:55 PM
Mar 2019
this show was such a meme it's insane, been a while since I watched something this bad
Jun 23, 2023 12:55 PM

Oct 2016
what a weak finale, holyshit
wasnt this something that Jun was "finally able to do what he wanted"?

because for sure it doesnt feel like a passion project
Jun 23, 2023 12:56 PM

Mar 2021
Amazing final battle between Otaku hero and Shobon I truly hope that ending is hinting at a second season soon
Jun 23, 2023 1:01 PM
Sep 2021
Weird but good at the same time kinda love. Ill give it 7.39/10. Kinda feels like watching kill la kill and madoka magica.
Jun 23, 2023 1:02 PM
Dec 2015
jesus that ending was such a HUGE disappointment
i really, genuinely, expected something on the lines of surprise! otaku hero is actually terminally ill irl and he was imagining all this! or that he's at least Shobon's child self, yet untainted by the negativity on the internet
but nooooooooooo
Jun 23, 2023 1:08 PM

Mar 2020
Yeah, that wasn't a very fantastic way to wrap it up. It really sold itself to be a much deeper story than what we got here in the finale. That said, the journey was still quite fun, and I wonder if there will be a sequel, though I'm not really expecting one at all. Definitely was a very experimental show that had little in the way of logic.
Jun 23, 2023 1:11 PM

Jun 2015
Loved the ending. While watching I did have a surreal thought that if Ai's started making AI's this might become our future
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 23, 2023 1:23 PM

Jun 2017
I am really mixed on the ending, would have gave it a 9 if it was better but I still gave it a 8. I am not cool with the OG Otaku Hero dying and the girls becoming the enemy but I guess it was hinted from the ending since ep 1. On the other hand, it was nice to see Shobon's plans not going according to the script. The first 11 eps were a very nice ride of which I'll have fond memories of. (plus the banger OP and ED)

And who knows, if the game does well we might see another season.
Jun 23, 2023 1:24 PM

May 2020
Bros, I really wanted to give this anime a 10/10 a few weeks ago, but I haven't been this disappointed since Wonder Egg Priority. Anarchy deserved a happy ending with Otaku hero and there were a few bad episodes in the middle of the season.
Jun 23, 2023 1:38 PM

Sep 2020
That finale was amazing… until…

I really liked how they killed off Otaku Hero. It was the typical situation of “They are being mind controlled and at the last second they will break free”, but they didn’t break free and our girls actually killed Otaku Hero.

Then the second half was really bad and felt like an AD for the mobile game. Really big Takt-op vibes.

It would have been better if Otaku Hero was somehow alive at the end, or it was Nick or someone else we knew carrying on his legacy. Instead we got Billy-no-name fighting instead.

6/10 show for me. Start was good, lost me a little in the middle. The episode 10 and 11 dragged me back. Then fell flat on its face. I loved the world building and enemy designs though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2023 1:51 PM

Feb 2019
Yea ngl I have no idea what I just watched. I was 10000 percent sure this was gonna turn out to be a figment of these peoples’ imagination, but holy shit you’re telling me there’s really a world where otaku stuff is outlawed lmao?

Also surprised otaku hero didn’t actually survive.. this was a wild ass show that felt like a pure passion project.

I guess the moral of the story being you can kill the revolutionary but not the revolution?

One of the anime of all time
Marinate1016Jun 23, 2023 1:56 PM
Jun 23, 2023 1:54 PM
May 2020
I wish they had pushed more to deal with the wonderful Otaku experience. Wanted so much moe out of it. 
Don't think that either the antagonist Shobon nor protagonist Otaku Hero is the way to tell this story they set up.

Still in my top five for the season and third best fight of the season. Would like to see a season 2.
Tell everyone how much you like the things you like! Gobo Gobo!!
Jun 23, 2023 2:24 PM

Jan 2009
wow Otaku Hero really died eh but being an Otaku Hero is an ideology so another person eventually will be inspired to become the next Otaku Hero

ideology is another way for living on or being immortal aka symbolic immortality

funny that Shobon is also an Otaku like being obsess or nerd for being a game designer or in this game designing the world or life of everyone

but i guess Origin the true god was so bored she changes the script of Shobon too?

anticlimactic ending but still good and i really love the message

keep on loving you Otakus
Jun 23, 2023 2:46 PM

Oct 2019
Well, that was undoubtedly an anime. I still appreciate the theme of it, even though the presentation felt aimless and flat by the end.

I hope they release the full soundtrack soon, it was pretty good.
Jun 23, 2023 2:47 PM

Nov 2016
Everyone of us can be Otaku Hero. Just because one died doesn't mean that the fire of revolution got extinguished.

The concept and setting for this show were cool. Music was going hard. Also liked how Otaku Hero got killed. Just didn't like this open ending for the lack of a better word. Doing the animetakus dirty 😷
FMmatronJun 23, 2023 2:52 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 23, 2023 3:01 PM
Apr 2021
Boy, just really sad how it ended, even though it was like shobon said, that the otaku hero would be the villain and hero of this world (seemingly forever and ever). And really the OTAKU HERO
Well, in my opinion, I thought it was an excellent anime, but I found the ending ok and a bit beyond anticlimactic and even incomplete if they did a second season that would follow the new generation there Valéria only because I feel that there are many open ends
Jun 23, 2023 3:02 PM
Sep 2022
Chipp12 said:
"Pls play our mobile game" the ending I guess.

no, The Next Generation is here, is a ending parody, Like Boruto, Bleach, Inuyasha, etc.
Jun 23, 2023 3:18 PM

Jul 2021
(First forum post woo)
I enjoyed this show probably more than most people. It wasn't perfect ofc and you could sniff low budget from the miles away. But it was quite comfy time and welp "its fun" argument. I loved episodes thet was focusing more on otaku culture than revolution thing (the bridge otaku was great, 2008 as a year when otaku hunting started) and the whole "i want to like things that i like" motive, cuz that hits close to home. The ost on final episode was great, can't wait for full ost, probably best "art" aspect of anime after opening and ending. 

I'm not a fan of sequel bait (tho i liked the balls to kill protagonist) tho idk why some of you call it gacha ad, as character in the end can be seen on concepts art's for manga (the og idea of magical destroyers as far as i know) and game has diffrent look, style and plot. Tbh i wouldn't be too mad at sequal bait if we would get confirmation of manga.
At the end it was a mix bag of anime, but still it was only sesonal one i watch somehow. 
Jun 23, 2023 3:39 PM

Nov 2011
Show is definitely meant for the older Anime fans. 10/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 23, 2023 3:55 PM
Oct 2020
Ending was unexpected and unfulfilling. I didn't understand it and it left me feeling empty. They kilt my boy and the girls don't even feel bad about it. that bitch shobon is still alive and they want the viwer to take comfort in the fact that he's freaking out cus nothing is going as planned. Ending fucking sucks. Transformations were cool tho and pink will forever be my goat.
Jun 23, 2023 3:56 PM
Jul 2014
I don't think I've ever had a show go from a solid 7 in my mind to a 4 so fast. That ending was just plain atrocious. It was like this was meant to be a 24 episode series, and then after episode 11 last week the producer called the writer up and said "Alright, let's wrap this thing up". Honestly ruined my whole experience with what was to this point a very good series. 
Jun 23, 2023 4:08 PM
Dec 2022
Yo. This finale was not too bad tbh. Though in pissed about Otaku Hero's death fr. Man, a lot of things be building up. I need a season 2!
Jun 23, 2023 4:12 PM

Oct 2018
Ok the ending is weird for sure, also won't understand the idea of putting more resources into ep 11 instead of this from the production side. Expected way more from the script tbh.
Jun 23, 2023 4:20 PM

Jan 2020
Fucking Sakugan all over again.  An original idea with promise, only for its hinted developments to be shafted for a second season that will never come.
Jun 23, 2023 4:26 PM

Sep 2019
The ending was just too bleak for me. The new generation of rebels will be squashed like bugs by the magical girls. The only satisfaction is that Shobon's script went off the rails, but there's no sign that this will be helpful. Origin is amused, but we don't know anything about her.
Jun 23, 2023 5:12 PM

Sep 2018
"It's OK to like what you like", wow, thanks, original anime. A banal message, yet was executed fairly well in the beginning, turned to mediocrity in the second half.

The absurdity of it all, the simple premise exaggerated and turned up to eleven, it was funny and it worked. A shame it left me not caring about the outcome, thanks to them speed-running through the second half. 6/10.
Jun 23, 2023 5:17 PM

Sep 2011
Amazing OP and ED.  Everything inbetween was pretty shit.  A real turd sandwich of a show
Jun 23, 2023 5:51 PM

Dec 2016
what a nothing show that was
Jun 23, 2023 5:59 PM
Mar 2022
What a show but i guess this all anime’s with survival genre’s, i have to admit magical girls turn into destroyers and not able to remember him el, etc is all part of that particular types of scene , trust me i seen it all that types of scenes and isn’t that really a surprise to me, but i get what the girls meaning of transformation, people tend to forget what they love over time and either for revenge or some reason, we change to the people we hate
Jun 23, 2023 6:02 PM
Aug 2022
Idk how to feel about this show and idk how to explain why I’m confused. But, I know was definitely disappointed by the end of it. What was the point of the ending if Otaku Hero wasn’t actually sick? Why would so many people around the world care about scrubbing the world clean of people who like nerdy stuff? Are they just stuck in an endless loop of fighting for some bored god? Why would anyone want that? Who the fuck is the new guy wearing the helmet and why should we care? This show ultimately doesn’t expand on it’s themes past, “you should be able to like what you like as much as you want”.

Some parts are good. But the bad outweighs it by a large margin. I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks this.
Jun 23, 2023 6:04 PM
May 2022
Waited for weeks to see if anything interesting would happen that seemed to be promised with an insanely good op and ed combo. Apparently it was all just aesthetic though because nothing really interesting happened at all. At least I have Magical Destroyers and Gospelion in a classic love in my playlists out of it? That’s about it though.
Jun 23, 2023 6:27 PM
Sep 2021
Didn't like how the ending was, it was different and interesting but it felt a little down for me.
Jun 23, 2023 7:01 PM
Oct 2020
Certainly wasn't perfect or even close but I enjoyed it. RIP otaku hero.
Jun 23, 2023 7:02 PM

Sep 2019
I mean they dropped the ball pretty hard IMO, i went into this show solely because of their amazing Opening and Ending, those gave me the vibe that i wanted the show to have... And on episode 11 it was delivered i was actually, feeling like a decent 8 to the show ending with it all being a game or a simulation, but this episode... Just man what did i just watch? If they are all NPC, what is going on in the real world, who is Origin and why did she made Shobon create this game? How are NPC's fighting the Magical Destroyers? 

So many questions left open, and i get it. There's a game coming, go play and then you will find out. But i just really really wished it gave me an ending, i was hyping the weekly to my friends saying the turning point of the anime would come and it would be a Madoka Magicka type of Mahou Shojo, but no. I just got a parody incompleted anime, with inconsistent plot and a lot of weaks episode on a 12 weekly run.

I'm pretty disapointed with this one, i normally wouldnt say anything but felt obliged to do so.

Also sorry for any mispeal, i'm from brazil.
Jun 23, 2023 7:22 PM

Jul 2021
The ending of this series was unexpected, but it seems that was intentional all along. The creators never wanted us to predict what would happen. While it's possible there might be a continuation, the main message of the ending is that hope and revolution will always endure, no matter what. Even though the main character, Otaku Hero, may have passed away, the Otaku resistance remained strong without him. Even Shobon, a key character, experienced a humbling moment when things didn't go according to his plans...
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jun 23, 2023 7:31 PM

Jan 2010
the ED said it since the beginning that otaku hero wouldn't make it. It was sad, when I saw the second taking his heltmet I thought it was him as a time traveler being older now and that he messed with the script without shobon knowing and that was why he was smiling at the end.

it wasn't the worst ending, I did hope for a happy one but hey, the second looks like the original and has the same voice maybe that's why it trigger that memory on anarchy. 7/10.
Jun 23, 2023 8:05 PM

Apr 2022
really liked most of it but kinda lost interest during the final battle. message was good though, didn't try to be too deep or whatever, and that's okay.
7/10 for me, had one of the best starts to a seasonal i've seen in a while. don't think another season is needed though, this did the job.
also one of the OPs and EDs of the season for me but damn, i was really expecting them to play the OP at the end one last time.
still a fun and absurd watch. rip my boy, otaku hero.
Jun 23, 2023 8:24 PM
Jan 2012
I feel like they tried to do everything with this final episode but ended up doing nothing. 
Jun 23, 2023 9:25 PM

Dec 2018
wow what a finale, i really thought they'd wrap it up in 12 but i guess not, not sure where to go from here, a movie? ONA? I can't see a whole new season but then again it is hard to tell where this dang show is goin sometimes. my dude otaku hero, essentially became jesus, or at least that's the interpretation i got from it. there is a lot of symbolism in this show and i'll have to do a binge rewatch. time will tell if this was genius or if it was just another pretentious fart.
Jun 23, 2023 9:26 PM

Dec 2018
jvict said:
I feel like they tried to do everything with this final episode but ended up doing nothing. 
that's actually a really good way of saying it.
Jun 23, 2023 10:09 PM

Aug 2022
this is such a strange show. I don't think it does a lot of what it sets out to do WELL, but for some reason I still like it. probably worth a rewatch at some point down the line so I can actually organize my thoughts on it, but not anytime soon.

from probably ep. 3 or 4, I kept wishing it exaggerated the surrealism more. there are moments, but only once or twice per episode, so it starts to feel out of place among otherwise pretty standard visuals, setting, and action. it's also one of few stories that I feel would have seriously benefited from leaning harder than it did into the metafictional aspect introduced (in full - it was foreshadowed earlier iirc) in the previous episode.

the show's kind of mid, but it gives me quite a bit to chew on, so I appreciate it for that much at least.
Jun 23, 2023 10:15 PM
Mar 2016
Might be in the minority who think this was a good episode, but a lackluster finale. I liked that the Magical Girls actually killed Otaku Hero. They've been hard foreshadowing it in the ED, the autopsy room, the corpses, Anarchy kissing OH's decapitated head, etc.

Felt like the show wasn't trying to just say "Liking shit is ok", but also trying to show how an ideology is grown, shared and passed on to the next person. OH2 resembles the Magical Girls in that way, which is why he says "Merry Christmas".

Thought they were gonna pull some bullshit after OH died with that grin, but I'm glad it was because he knew he and his ideology were never going to die.

All and all, I think the ideas the show played with are cool.

WE WILL BE WAITING FOR THAT OST DROP, BABY.
Jun 23, 2023 10:59 PM

Mar 2019
That was awful.

This show fell off so hard midway through the season. At least when it wasn't going deep into the main story line stuff and leaning heavily on comedy/gags with the girls it was fun to watch. Blue's BDSM stuff... The swim suit episode... It was stupid and silly low brow comedy ofc, but it was entertaining unlike the last several episodes. I was intrigued and excited to see the story develop, but what they had in mind was half-baked, superficial, fucking gibberish. I feel empty and disappointed now that I have watched it all. It felt like they had nothing planned and were just writing the show at the last minute the past several weeks. Awful.

What ever happened to Slayer anyway? Did she die an episode or two ago? Did I forget or miss something?

Highlights for me were the music, OP and ED, the comedy early on in the season, Kyotaro always dying, and the transformation scenes which were nicely animated. I'd say the best animation in the show appeared earlier in the season. It was very ugly during the second half. It became a show that offered poor animation, a stupid story, and little entertainment value.
Jun 23, 2023 11:24 PM
Jun 2023
I got the idea that OH did get one power/wish and that origin gave him a new body to keep her entertain by messing with Shobon plan by bringing him back. I also thought of it as since we never saw OH full face that that’s what his face actually looks like.
Jun 23, 2023 11:37 PM

Jan 2021
What a BS ending. At least a tear from Anarchy would have been nice, or having them break out of their trance when they killed Otaku Hero, only to go back into it to escape the reality of what they had done. It was genuinely fun to watch until this episode. We didn't even get to see the og Otaku Hero do anything to throw Shobon completely off unless Mr. no name there at the end was actually the first Otaku Hero in disguise.

I guess this is what you get for game advertisements.

Jun 24, 2023 1:10 AM

Apr 2015
Creator needs a dose of 
Some out there art is full of random shit, doesn't mean you can shit all over your canvas and call it art.
Jun 24, 2023 2:47 AM

Jul 2020
a disappointing ending to an otherwise great show, still deserves 8/10
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2023

33 by katakumplat »»
Yesterday, 5:15 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2023

42 by katakumplat »»
Jun 16, 3:55 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 12, 2023

32 by katakumplat »»
Jun 2, 9:44 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 5, 2023

41 by katakumplat »»
Jun 1, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Magical Destroyers Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2023

49 by katakumplat »»
May 19, 1:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.