Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 10, 2023 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, the amount of horror these kids have to go through...it's painful to watch but that's reality.

The episode dealt with its psychological drama but also shows more exploration and getting perhaps closer to 'heaven' for Kiruko and Maru. An exciting episode for sure as it built on the recent events of the previous episodes. 
Jun 10, 2023 6:28 AM

May 2020
Dude these new kids are chaos, I mean not like the original ones weren’t, but they a level above. Though leaving them aside, as we’re already in the facility that inevitable event happened… Tokio gave birth. The very first of such instances in the facility, but hey there’s someone who sees this event as an opportunity of a lifetime. Director being that person, and after knowing her goals of attaining a younger body through something like a brain transplant, it goes without saying she'll do whatever she could to make this possibility a reality.

Also I mean it’s already confirmed Mimihime is that Hoshio kid we saw, but they reconfirmed it once again, with she herself stating she could see her future self going through pain and all, and more so after coming in contact with Ohma. But the way, the goggles dude really is upto usurping the director from her position, and he got an ally too. Matter of time I guess.

Bit of Kiruko and Maru and their journey to Ibaraki facility, they’ve arrived at the destination and we got a glance of Robin too. 

They did NOT adapt anything related to the Ibaraki facility and Robin in this episode. So no chapter 32 for this episode. 
Jun 10, 2023 6:35 AM

Mar 2020
Again, a lot of questions arise, but we do learn some important things, such as Mimihime’s abilities of clairvoyance, and some of the motives of the Director, which is to live on, even if it’s taking over Aoshima’s body to become the next director. Quite demented, I know, but quite understandable. Sawatari’s gonna have a tough time to think things over in a moral perspective, that’s for sure. 

In the nursery, a lot happened this episode, with Tokio giving birth, Ohma giving Mimihime quite a scare, and the “test” beginning. At the end, it just feels eerie, so I can’t imagine the “test” will bode well for some of the kids, but I guess we’ll see.

Not a lot of Kiruko and Maru this episode, but as they make their way to the Ibaraki facility, they might find someone of note. Overall, not too much to say this episode, but it was yet another good one filled with many questions. I hope at least some of them are answered before the season comes to an end.
Jun 10, 2023 6:37 AM

Apr 2014
Hmmm..... Oma's power is quite similar to the ability of the monster that Kiruko met in the underground garage.

This picture is Searching the Seas with the Tenkei, Tenkei o motte sōkai o saguru no zu. It depicts Izanagi and Izanami, a divine couple, brother and sister, who had a principal role in creating the islands of Japan and gave birth to many of the other Shinto gods or kami.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 10, 2023 6:43 AM
Mar 2018
Man the details in this episode are brilliant (as usual).

So there are 2 babies - "the one with a face just like yours" didn't refer to Maru's mother, but his twin.

Something about the children and them recognising the name "hiruko" makes me think we may not be seeing the past, though, but perhaps the future (or the present). There are some other hints like (paraphrasing) "Permitted by who? Law? International public opinion? Those things are long gone!" that strongly support that. But the timeline doesn't make sense. I like how mysterious this is.

Also seems that brain transplants are something that can be done in this world. Interesting, maybe Kiruko did go exactly through what they said they did.

I feel sorry for Kona, he's definitely becoming a man-eater already.

And is the AI planning some sort of coup? Or was that Aoshima?

So many questions. I love it.
Jun 10, 2023 6:48 AM

Nov 2010
  • The anime team revealed the unique feature of Mimihime after all... in not a smart fashion.
    Incidentally, 'mimi' means 'ear'.
  • If Mimihime didn't succeed in breaking the illusion at the infirmary beforehand, she would never have tried to look in Ouma's eyes at the time.
kuroneko99Jun 10, 2023 6:59 AM
Jun 10, 2023 6:58 AM

Jun 2019
Lots of drama in this episode. Made the episode that more impactful at least for me. Tokio gave birth and a lot more questions my brain was asking. So... I think they'll be answered shortly. I'll wait. Maru and Kiruko have also reached their next destination. Another really good episode imo.
Jun 10, 2023 7:07 AM

Apr 2010
Looks like the news kids was a good addition to the group but it also looks like things are moving in the background for them, the question is what.
Not much of the other couple this episode but i wonder what we can still expect.
My guess is the will focus on the group for the time being seeing as we only have 1 or 2 episodes left.
Jun 10, 2023 7:09 AM
Aug 2020
Could guess chapter 32 is not ready yet since they skipped so many chapter its no wonder its heaven orientated scenes ep. But next ep is then... But we see Robin ehh
Jun 10, 2023 7:27 AM
Dec 2017
First time an anime had me feeling genuinely scared while watching it, or any show in general. Really had me at the edge of my seat, great job to the production staff working on this show. From animation quality, to sound design, to OST. They did a great job here.
Jun 10, 2023 7:29 AM

Feb 2021
Kona really can just make anything he imagines materialize. He's the most OP out of all the children lol
So the director wants to become immortal (and have superhuman abilities) by replacing her brain with one of the kids'. Messed up alright. Makes me wonder why did she cry when Tarao died if she treats them like this. The doctor must be from this academy.
"First, I'll become Miss Aoshima" Hoooly sh*t.
ROBIN! He's in the facility (in the present)!
We pretty much got a confirmation that Mimihime is that girl who died a couple episodes ago. That scene was so terrifying but also so good.
It appears that Mina (the AI in the academy) is really encouraging the children to go outside, going against the staff there.
Whoa there, twins? So the person Maru is searching for is not Tokio.
Those sounds at the end damn... I think one or more of the children are going to become Hiruko (Man-Eaters) at night.
This so damn good. The atmosphere, the mystery, the visuals too.
EmbientJun 10, 2023 7:50 AM
Jun 10, 2023 7:40 AM
Nov 2021
As always, didn't fail to send chills down my spines.
Jun 10, 2023 7:44 AM

Nov 2011
So if the children are Man-eaters then Ouma was the Man-Eater in the basement that made Kiruko hallucinate. IN Theory.

Man things are becoming more interesting.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 10, 2023 7:45 AM
Aug 2020
great episode, I have so many questions

one week is too long...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 10, 2023 7:47 AM

Oct 2017
More of the dark secrets about the facility revealed. The children were called Hiruko, they are probably gonna transform in this test.

With just two episodes left this is about to take some drastic turn for sure. Also Tokio had twins? Maru has a brother/sister out there.
Jun 10, 2023 7:51 AM
Apr 2022
Sekiro94 said:
Could guess chapter 32 is not ready yet since they skipped so many chapter its no wonder its heaven orientated scenes ep. But next ep is then... But we see Robin ehh

Hope we don't see that hell in anime!
Jun 10, 2023 7:52 AM
Feb 2022
this anime my god Like holy cow
Jun 10, 2023 7:58 AM

Oct 2019
When we saw that hallucination between Ouma, I was like "This is fake. She is the Man-Eater from the basement". Crazy stuff. additionally, we see the topic of brain transplant and the Super-Beam originate from this place. Things are getting interesting.
As a side note, they mentioned that 8 combatants were transported and awoke from suspended animation. Why would they need to be awoken from suspended animation. I have to think that maybe these combatants must be alien figures that traveled across space. but thats my only guess.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jun 10, 2023 8:01 AM
Nov 2014
Ah hah. So the kids in the facility are the same as the monsters outside, but bred several times over to turn them into humanoids with abilities like the monsters. Makes sense. They could've revealed this several episodes ago because thus far all the sequences about these random kids have been incredibly dull and boring.
Jun 10, 2023 8:01 AM
Aug 2020
Thunder_1 said:
Sekiro94 said:

Sekiro94Jun 10, 2023 8:04 AM
Jun 10, 2023 8:10 AM

Dec 2020
This episode cleared almost all the crucial things
Those kids being the man-eaters, Two different timelines, Mimihime being the girl that died 2 eps earlier, Maru being Tokio's son, The cloned child from Maru(or vice versa) being the one that Kiruko and Maru looking for etc.

Ep 11 gonna be fire
GeoXsf9Jun 10, 2023 8:16 AM
Jun 10, 2023 8:22 AM

Dec 2020
Mimihime has these crazy vision or illusions that only her can see but she is a strong girl.
Maru and kiruko have painted the car lol that was a bit funny.
Tokio seems to be back and has a healthy child ok im hype to see what the test is.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 10, 2023 8:26 AM
Sep 2021
Some of the mysteries were answered this episode, but we are getting more question than answers. This episode focused a lot on the heaven where the students live.
Jun 10, 2023 8:27 AM

Sep 2022
Sekiro94 said:
No there is, they just changed the order of the chapters (today were ch.35-37). The next episode will be chapters 32-34.

Jun 10, 2023 8:40 AM

Mar 2016
Felt bad for Mimihime, all those needles look scary af. Also... Hold right there, Tokyo and Kona had twins? Did he/she make it? Where's Maru's brother/sister at right now? An test is about to begin, what kind of test? We don't know (except manga readers, of course) and looks waaaay more scarier than those needles. 
Kast2 said:
Sekiro94 said:
No there is, they just changed the order of the chapters (today were ch.35-37). The next episode will be chapters 32-34.
I kinda like to know why would they sort the events this way, is it a major spoiler?
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jun 10, 2023 8:43 AM

Oct 2019
oh hell no, as if the manga readers collectively mentioning the chapter 32,
 wasn't enough to have my curiosity to the roof, they also end the episode on a giant question mark type cliff hanger?

and the episode was pure build up for what's to come?

are you kidding me? how am expected to not go crazy during one whole week of waiting after this shit!!!

FUCK..... I love this show. 
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jun 10, 2023 8:47 AM

Oct 2019
el_morris said:
Felt bad for Mimihime, all those needles look scary af. Also... Hold right there, Tokyo and Kona had twins? Did he/she make it? Where's Maru's brother/sister at right now? An test is about to begin, what kind of test? We don't know (except manga readers, of course) and looks waaaay more scarier than those needles. 
Kast2 said:
I kinda like to know why would they sort the events this way, is it a major spoiler?
I haven't read it, but I got spoiled on what it is, and it's not something that I personally mind. I was actually relieved, I was so worried it's a story fuck up, but it's just a.... well I won't fully spoil it, but still go in with cautious:

Also available at:

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jun 10, 2023 8:46 AM

May 2020
el_morris said:
Kast2 said:
its not a major spoiler exactly
its just a bad thing that happens
if u really want to know here it is

Jun 10, 2023 8:45 AM
Apr 2022
Sekiro94 said:
Thunder_1 said:

Jun 10, 2023 8:48 AM
Apr 2022
Apolygon2 said:
 wasn't enough to have my curiosity to the roof, they also end the episode on a giant question mark type cliff hanger?

are you kidding me? how am expected to not go crazy during one whole week of waiting after this shit!!!

Do whatever you want you don't read chapter 32 , watch the next episode and end all of your curiosity i was traumatised after reading that chapter for a month!

I Repeat Don't Read The Manga just now!
Jun 10, 2023 8:50 AM

Jul 2021
I'm so fucking scared when Chapter 32 (After knowing the context) gets animated anytime and seeing a sight of Robin in this episode made me feel disgusted. As of this episode, Mimihime was kind and brave when she helped the child, but then she had a scary hallucination. In the hallucination, she saw herself connected to a machine, which suggests that she might become a Hiruko. The workers' observations are interesting. They seem to be building a heavenly realm, and it's possible that the director wants to be a god. Maybe he wants to rule over the realm, or maybe he has even bigger plans. The mention of the "test"  to see who is truly a Hiruko, hmm that's quite ambiguous with the direction, as of now. 
Jun 10, 2023 8:50 AM
Apr 2022
Homura24 said:
el_morris said:
its not a major spoiler exactly
its just a bad thing that happens
if u really want to know here it is

i find your comment quite problematic because I wanna see the anime watchers who support the anime like crazy to see this chapter adaptation and just think about everything again!
Jun 10, 2023 8:51 AM
Apr 2022
Apolygon2 said:
el_morris said:
I haven't read it, but I got spoiled on what it is, and it's not something that I personally mind. I was actually relieved, I was so worried it's a story fuck up, but it's just a.... well I won't fully spoil it, but still go in with cautious:

Yeah ! Can't Agree much with that!
Jun 10, 2023 8:53 AM

Oct 2019
Thunder_1 said:
Apolygon2 said:

Do whatever you want you don't read chapter 32 , watch the next episode and end all of your curiosity i was traumatised after reading that chapter for a month!

I Repeat Don't Read The Manga just now!
Also available at:

Jun 10, 2023 8:54 AM
Nov 2021
very interesting plot
Jun 10, 2023 9:20 AM

Feb 2019
Holy shit man the director is unhinged. I thought she was just a chill old scientist before but she’s on some villain shit.

Every episode I come away with more questions than answers. I think I kinda get that the kids are monsters born from Mina bred over and over so that they become humanoid.. Ohama ability is similar to the man eater they fought in the garage a few weeks ago

This test next week is definitely sus and I’m hearing a lot about next episode being crazy so I’m really excited for that. Hopefully everything will be revealed because the lead up is killing me
Marinate1016Jun 10, 2023 9:24 AM
Jun 10, 2023 9:29 AM
Dec 2021
So they are the demons just like attack on titan
anime is not original anymore lmao
Jun 10, 2023 9:31 AM

Jun 2014
Oh brother the director is batshit insane lmao. But everything about this facility has seemed shady from the beginning so I guess I shouldn't be so surprised. 

Once again, the mysteries in this show continue to stack up one after the other. I'm very curious to see what kind of "test" the kids are about to undergo. 
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jun 10, 2023 9:45 AM
Aug 2021
episódio explicativo
Jun 10, 2023 10:05 AM

Mar 2008

Aparentemente a IA foi que causou a queda desse paraíso, apesar de que não está 100% confirmado ainda. Lá atrás até levantei essa possibilidade mas meio que tinha descartado e deixado de lado. Depois até notei uns sinais nessa direção só que tinha muitas coisas para discutir.
Ainda está estranho porque parece essa IA não tem objetivo além de ferrar com o Paraíso e deixar as crianças livres? Aonde entra Asura nessa história? Tenho impressão de que o objetivo da Diretora é mesmo o fim do mundo e usar as crianças para fazer e reinar no "paraíso" dela. O que a IA e Asura estão supostamente fazendo não interfere nesse plano, exceto excluindo a Diretora.

Enfim, não teve muito a discutir nesse episódio, ele foi muito "fanservice" para quem estava teorizando. Cada cena confirmada uma teoria.
Apenas dois detalhes merecem discussão.

Primeiro essa orelhuda que foi o destaque do episódio:

Sempre estranhei esse cabelo, ainda mais com o nome da personagem.
Terem escondido até esse episódio e repente confirmar que aquilo é orelha mesmo e ela mexê-las tantas vezes foi um pouco desonesto.

Só que nem deu tempo de achar fofo... coitada da personagem.
Mais uma para a lista de "personagens que mais sofreram".

O outro é que... HÁ DOIS "MARU"!
Então a pessoa com o mesmo rosto que ele que estão procurando não é a Tokio, é provavelmente irmão ou irmã gêmea.

Um detalhe extra, acho que essa garota aqui é a Mikura:

Jun 10, 2023 10:25 AM

Mar 2008
Embient said:
Those sounds at the end damn... I think one or more of the children are going to become Hiruko (Man-Eaters) at night.

Everyone liking this anime MUST read the mangá, right? There's probably a lot of side content and detail the anime needs to cut.
Because of the terrible last episode for the first time I went to look at the mangá chapters.
Before going to the Walled City there's a scene with Aoyama in the Heaven/Academy. In this episode Sawatari saying that the Director gave Aoyama higher level access, right? So in that mangá chapter (27) we see Aoyama using that access to look that room where the big AI robot is. She goes there for no particular reason but tries to open those "pods". Some open, some don't and need a a password. I'm thinking that whatever is going to happen there will come from one of those pods, that's why the noises were coming from there.
Jun 10, 2023 10:33 AM
Feb 2022
cliffhangers are always the best
Jun 10, 2023 10:45 AM

Jun 2015
I'm pretty much close to collapsing a squeepig continuum right here. All season there has been very two distinct narratives running through it. And I know they are linked somehow, but I've not been able to figure it out. Heck I dont want to figure it out, my main worry we at eps 11 and running out of cour space. probably one of the best shows airing this season
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 10, 2023 10:56 AM

Aug 2022
This was insane! So many new reveals. I can't believe that all the children are Hiruko.
Jun 10, 2023 11:00 AM

May 2015
The figures in the picture on the wall were Izanagi and Izanaki, creator gods in the japanese mythology, if there is anybody here who is interested:

Why is that even interesting? Because their first sexual union resulted in a deformed child, "Hiruko" (“Leech Child,” the shinto god Ebisu), whom they set adrift in a boat. Didn't these children in the anime be called "Hiruko" as well? Yep. The three legged crow too on the institution's insignia is a mythological animal, Yatagarasu, the symbol of guidance, rejuvanation and rebirth.
IshitatesoJun 10, 2023 11:13 AM
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Jun 10, 2023 11:07 AM

Feb 2022
I felt uneasy watching this episode
Jun 10, 2023 11:07 AM

Sep 2020
So the children are being groomed to become Hiruko? That term is still vague to me but it does make sense with some of the powers that they are displaying. There was more of a focus on the inner workings of the facilities in this episode. Seems like the chairman/ leader / old hag is plotting something and the other members are also plotting some shit as well. Looking forward to how all of that pans out.

Also, we get to see Robin for a brief moment and Tokio's children! That's right. Children. WTF happened to the other kid not named Maru? Again, more questions than answers.
samsince04Jun 10, 2023 11:11 AM

𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊. - 𝑅𝑒𝒾 𝒦𝒾𝓇𝒾𝓎𝒶𝓂𝒶

Jun 10, 2023 11:10 AM
Jun 2023
This episode was amazing, pretty suspect there was 2 babies? Hmm.
Jun 10, 2023 11:27 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Okay very interesting focus on the children in the facility and what's going to happen next, especially Mimihime and Ohma's terrifying power. It feels like they're afraid of showing chapter 32 no idea if they'll skip it or not
Jun 10, 2023 11:37 AM
Oct 2020
I wonder if they will skip the scene or they will show it.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

485 by HagePotPotato »»
Yesterday, 12:53 PM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

478 by BillSpyro »»
Oct 10, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2023

133 by Nia-same »»
Oct 2, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2023

342 by Protokin »»
Oct 2, 12:40 AM

Poll: » What would you do if your waifu told you she is like Kiruko? [SPOILER]

Zarutaku - Feb 11

26 by Zarutaku »»
Sep 22, 11:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.