Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2019 7:13 PM

Nov 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wano is a freak show.

Gazelleman has no stamina. Holdem and his lower half are not really a harmonious duo. And mouseman just looks hideous.

Also fucking anime team again, you even gotta let Luffy struggle with Batman :S

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 7, 2019 8:34 PM
Apr 2016
That guy was just HORRIBLE, he seriously told those elders to goddamn cook their own pet...what the actual-

Things are heating up! Seems like the next episode Law will come in contact with Luffy And Zoro.
Sep 7, 2019 9:00 PM

Sep 2015
Okay one piece.. okay. That ending scene with Luffy almost using Conq. Haki and then it transitions to the end card and the O is all glittery. Fine, I'll give you that. That was pretty damn cool.

But yeah, Luffy using Armament Haki on bat guy and apparently bat guy can respond to Luffy's haki.. yeah sure lol.
Sep 7, 2019 9:34 PM

Mar 2018
The transition to the To be continued was pretty damn sick. But the only epic thing this episode too lol

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 7, 2019 9:49 PM

Oct 2015
Holdem and Kamijiro bond well with each other ;-)

Instead of Luffy shouting Tama all the time, why doesn't he shoot himself from the lion and use second gear to reach her fast??

Didn't know people eat Raccoon dogs, wow the world is a vast place for real!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 7, 2019 9:52 PM
Dec 2010
Salokannel2 said:
But yeah, Luffy using Armament Haki on bat guy and apparently bat guy can respond to Luffy's haki.. yeah sure lol.

Watching random grunt characters take the full brunt of Luffy's attacks and them laughing it off is really annoying. Same goes for how much effort it is taking both Zoro AND Luffy just to deal with some arrows.
Sep 7, 2019 10:08 PM
Jul 2018
Bat dude is Admiral level confirmed
Sep 7, 2019 10:15 PM

Sep 2016
I really disliked how they extended Bat-man's fight in the anime, he's not supposed to hold Luffy and Zoro for that long, he's more like an annoyance, but this problem is just a drag from the previous episode. Also, what's with Bat-man being able to block Luffy's hit with no problem while in the manga his strenght was pretty average?

While Holdem's gag wa very funny I feel like the scene could've been a little shorter.

O-kiku's reveal was very good, I loved the tone of the scene and the animation is still very good.

Overall this wasn't a bad episode but there are clearly elements that should be improved. (Then again, is Toei and they really take their time to make improvements)
EvocationWizardSep 11, 2019 7:02 AM
Sep 7, 2019 10:26 PM

Oct 2017
Meh they kept dragging that fight for no reason.
Anyway poor Law, the moment Luffy arrived he made a mess of thngs. Now Law's gotta clean up for him.
Sep 8, 2019 12:27 AM

Jul 2015
Damn that Yokozuna eats raccoon dogs, looks like he is Chopper's natural enemy

So far good for staying low key in Wano

Sep 8, 2019 1:31 AM

Oct 2015
Yeah, Batman casually blocks Luffy's enraged hit. Sure. If they decided to extend the fight, they could at least make him fly away like Team Rocket.

At least the visuals are really good. I'd like it if they made more stuff like what they did with that "to be continued" panel, because usually every episode is "rigid".

Sep 8, 2019 2:02 AM

Sep 2014
Lol that hit in the groin looked like someone opened fire with a laser rifle. Wtf were those sounds? Okiku bits were the best parts of the episode.
Sep 8, 2019 2:48 AM

Feb 2013
Holdem is really weird haha.
Sep 8, 2019 3:56 AM

Jul 2016
Ulquiorra said:
Holdem is really weird haha.

I really liked him. One Piece is at its best when people are borderline ridiculous.
Sep 8, 2019 4:00 AM

May 2016
I think I might put this on hold and wait for 10 episodes to binge better than this fiasco.

FMmatron said:

Also fucking anime team again, you even gotta let Luffy struggle with Batman :S

I couldn't agree more... its a fucking bat come on man Luffy just beat 1B bounty this should be a walk in the park for him.
Sep 8, 2019 5:45 AM

Apr 2013
Those smile fruits are horrible, does any of them work as intended? The pacing has almost gone back to the usual snail level...

01111010 said:

Literally my thoughts in that moment, wtf...
Sep 8, 2019 7:38 AM
Lifeless

Dec 2016
01111010 said:

he's not admiral but a vice-admiral level, at current days of luffy all vice admirals and higher know how to control haki well. And he's at Kaido's main territory, ofcourse the bat dude is strong xD
Sep 8, 2019 11:01 AM

Jul 2008
Batman should have been a one hit KO.
Sep 8, 2019 12:26 PM

Feb 2010
Batman confirmed the 4th calamity designated ACE the sound pollution! but seriously I wasn't feeling the episode aside from Kiku mounting up and that joke about Gazellman's sides hurting from all the running he did...Holdems intro was super duper slow.
Sep 8, 2019 8:11 PM

Jul 2013
For me personally it's a little bit weird that Luffy and Zoro

1) didn't notice Gazelleman at all + weren't able to stop him. I mean for Luffy in second Gear it shouldn't be a problem normally.

2) and they both had so much problem with that bat guy. I can see that he's definitely strong but still how easy he blocked Luffys attack and laughed afterwards wasn't something I expected.

I guess we will find out about Okiku. From Zoros reaction I guess her sword is definitely something special. At least we know she's a samurai.

What the hell is this Holdem guy? His stomache is a lion? + it seems they can't stand each other. Was a pretty funny scene how that lion hit Holdem and himself in the balls :D

Also the fact that Gazellemans side was hurting is something you wouldn't expect. I almost forgot about what Tama did at the beach with her devil fruit ability. What I don't understand, why are they so fixated on Tama?

The reunion between Luffy and Law will be epic. Can't wait to see that.

Sep 9, 2019 4:45 PM
Jul 2018
xnix said:
01111010 said:

he's not admiral but a vice-admiral level, at current days of luffy all vice admirals and higher know how to control haki well. And he's at Kaido's main territory, ofcourse the bat dude is strong xD

I guess I needed to add an /s

In the manga he was pretty forgettable fodder, so I was poking fun at Toei reaching for any opportunity to add incanon filler x) In reality Luffy should have low-diffed him
Sep 9, 2019 11:42 PM

Dec 2014
hmmm.... Otama is actually stronger than these guys hink... she can control any beast man if she wanted
Sep 10, 2019 3:39 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
Holy shit batman still had more arrows left, that ending animation was sick af but some scenes were way way too long, but I guess it's par for the course.
Sep 11, 2019 3:15 PM

May 2014
People would be like this anime sucks. The pace is too slow. Or nothing happened only a little girl who screamed Luffy (big bro).

Well, I can't say something more than that happened. Pretty nice summarized. I saw there is a lack in quality of animation. That is too be expected and sooner or later this would happened. I like the change in armament haki. It looks cool when the haki has a glowing purple colour. Pretty ok ep. I wonder if that fat sumo guy would become good during this arc. I have a feeling Oda will go that way and match her up with Okiku (samurai lady).

I don't know if anyone else got the same feeling, but funny to see that for first time Zoro was willingly to go with Luffy when he stretched his hand to something. Considering how they land it's amazing he was willingly to do that. But then again most time Luffy have forced Zoro after him for comedic reasons. So that makes sense, however that's an unusual sight.

PS! That ending effect was cool to watch. At least something to brag about.
mangalicker94Sep 11, 2019 3:31 PM
Sep 11, 2019 3:37 PM

May 2014
Natsu88 said:
For me personally it's a little bit weird that Luffy and Zoro

1) didn't notice Gazelleman at all + weren't able to stop him. I mean for Luffy in second Gear it shouldn't be a problem normally.

You can back up that argument with that they had full focus on the bat dude. True, they should have maybe noticed his presence. But maybe because they had full focus on the bat dude + that he ran very fast pass them it's was too unexpected to be aware of it beforehand.

Sep 11, 2019 8:35 PM

Oct 2017
I really hate how the weaks sometimes made at ours protagonist ashamed. nevertheless if it wasn't like that things would never advance in the story and of course the interest would down, but as this is OP we just need to be worried about the real strenght of Luffy when the moment of confront Kaido has arrived.

By the way, I was really expecting to Law's appear! Love that dude.
Ant161718Sep 11, 2019 8:42 PM
-¡Give yourself to me!
Sep 11, 2019 9:38 PM
Jan 2019
I felt in my chapitas that Okiku was more than just a woman who served tea, she is a samurai, how great! 👌 That got Zoro's attention, hahaha.
Got damn! Poor Otama. Damn bastard lion eggs, tear a single Otama hair out and you're lost, Luffy won't hold back.
Wow! The riot that Luffytaro and Zorojuro will do, along with Okiku, in the Bakura village. Poor Law, even if he tries, he can't stop Luffy, hahaha 😅.
Sep 15, 2019 1:57 AM

Mar 2015
Alright, let's go Trafalgar Law!!

Hmm as cute as Otama is, her squealing is starting to get to me!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 16, 2019 3:48 AM

Jul 2013
I really want to see Luffy and Zoro trash that whole place. I hope Law won't be able to stop them.
Sep 20, 2019 6:29 AM
Jun 2015
The lion hitting Holdem (and his) tama and forgetting he shares the same body with him :P
Sep 28, 2019 3:53 PM

May 2014
Moral of the story never punch man down below, especially if you share the same body with him lmfaoz also, damn, batman is really strong, I'm kinda surprised that Luffy wasn't able to KO him.
Oct 24, 2019 9:50 PM

Feb 2015
Gazelleman kidnapped Otama, Batman distracted them so Okiku took her sword and called Komachiyo to follow him, Luffy and Zoro joined her too, following him to Bakura Town. Gazzelleman brought Otama with Holdem, whos, after an incident with his lion, asked her about how she tamed the baboon. On the way, Okiku revealed them that she’s a samurai and three headliners from Beasts Pirates live in Bakura Town, they arrived. Bepo informed Law that Zoro and Luffy are arriving to Bakura Town.

It was that hard to say, Zoro, distract Batman while I go gear second and follow Gazelleman, I think they could’ve avoided the whole problem. Holdem is such a weird guy. Hopefully, Law is gonna appear. Impressed by Batman enduring a hit from Luffy with fucking haki, wtf.
Nov 5, 2019 6:24 AM
Jul 2014
Hey, everybody can block Luffy who's worth 1.5 BILLION

Sure he couldn't use Gear 2 and one punch those freak
Jan 28, 2020 1:21 PM
Jul 2018
Huh so luffy can't go gear second while his friend is kidnapped, preferring to stay in base form. And suddenly the failed batman prototype is able to block Luffy's punch. While the latter may be attributed to a spike of endurance from the SMILE fruit, the former is just baseless power spike. I do hope they save Otama soon, the poor precious baby doesn't deserve this kind of treatment.

Seriously Law, what did you expect? I thought you would learn by now that the concept of a plan doesn't exist when it comes to Luffy.
Mar 29, 2020 8:49 PM

Jan 2013
God ... the Batman and Gazelle are annoying af.
Batman just keeps pestering them, stalling them and Gazelle has the worst stamina despite his devil fruit.
I guess that's the downside of artificial devil fruits, they're not the quality the regular ones are.

Also how the hell was mr. Batman able to withstand Luffy's Haki ... there's no way.
Jun 15, 2020 6:06 PM
May 2020
It was great to see all those wacky smile-users. Toei Animation continues to do a great job of animated Oda's perfect combination of wacky and intimidating villains for our heroes to face up. I wonder how graphic they are willing to go with Otama's touture?
Jun 15, 2020 6:06 PM
May 2020
It was great to see all those wacky smile-users. Toei Animation continues to do a great job of animated Oda's perfect combination of wacky and intimidating villains for our heroes to face up. I wonder how graphic they are willing to go with Otama's touture?
Sep 8, 2020 6:36 AM

Nov 2008
And the most epic 'To be continued' ever was born.
Jan 23, 2021 6:21 AM

Mar 2016
Yeah, that's some bullshit thing right there, I highly doubt that Luffy or Zoro couldn't swiftly dispatch this annoying ass fucking bat gifter as easily as they do to any other goons out there. Oh sure he can use haki and SMILE ability, but goddamn it should not make such a huge difference besides being a little annoyance. Instead, he's a huge pain in the ass and the fact that the anime is being stretched out longer made this aspect revolving around that guy even more pronounced, I recall I never did even care about him in the manga. He's a halfassed batman, not a real one ffs.

Welp, good thing there was that hilarious scene with Holdem and his stomach-lion. Absolutely priceless how the lion hit themselves in the balls XD
Mar 15, 2021 8:36 PM

Jan 2010
Come to think of it, a lot of this show's conflicts can be traced to angry and/or evil adults yelling at, abusing, torturing, or attempting to kill small children. Also, I don't think I'll ever understand how Conqueror's Haki works. Can you just specify who you want to affect in a radius/cone? Either ways, it's definitely a convenient move that doesn't get thrown around as much as it should, huh.

That aside, did Luffy's get distracted by a sumo match, immediately after a scene featuring Tama about to get flesh ripped from her face with a metal clamp? What?
ShockedMar 15, 2021 8:45 PM
Aug 30, 2021 8:35 AM

Jun 2019
Ain't nobody gonna bully Luffy's imouto. Tama is so precious.
Sep 10, 2021 11:16 PM

Sep 2015
I feel so bad for Tama, being in the kidnapping situation again.

And seeing how the food gets wasted just angers me, I myself never ever waste food !

But that Lion scene though, was hilarious xD
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Mar 25, 2022 4:15 AM

May 2016
It make me sad to see Tama go through all of this... She's seconds away from having her cheeks brutally pinched while Luffy's still right by the entrance of Bakura Town. I wonder if he's going to activate his Conqueror's Haki so he could neutralize Holdem from all the way there.

I found the part where Holdem's gut punched his balls to be absolutely hilarious. Brings back fun memories of Robin clutching Frankie's grapes~

Aug 9, 2022 2:18 AM

Jan 2021
Otama and that lion dude we’re too funny Law hasn’t seen Luffy in a long while and he’s already out to save him his entrance is about to be sick tho
Aug 21, 2022 6:13 PM

Dec 2018
Kajo_Senpai69 said:
It make me sad to see Tama go through all of this... She's seconds away from having her cheeks brutally pinched while Luffy's still right by the entrance of Bakura Town. I wonder if he's going to activate his Conqueror's Haki so he could neutralize Holdem from all the way there.

I found the part where Holdem's gut punched his balls to be absolutely hilarious. Brings back fun memories of Robin clutching Frankie's grapes~

based ganyu bro
she pairs well with yoimiya (who is my wife, hands off)

i found this episode to be supremely boring. could have been wrapped up into 5 minutes at most. the balls joke was okay, but it's kind of an old old old trope right? i thought gazelle's stamina was funnier.
Aug 28, 2022 7:46 PM
Aug 2022
it was great, loving wano kuni
Oct 15, 2022 7:58 AM
Dec 2021
i thought that this episode would be more better than what i saw
basicly it was tama crying and some weird people forcing her to reveal her secret._.
Jan 14, 10:23 PM
Jan 2020
That lion sure cracks me up 😂
Jan 16, 1:01 AM
Apr 2023
Okay, so like, the arc's pretty good so far, but what's with Luffy resigning himself to being carried by that big dog? He's way faster than that. As many others have already said, there's no reason for him not to use Gear 2 or those instantaneous-movement-like powers he has (and shows later in the arc). Even if he couldn't do either of those things he could just swing along the rooftops with stretched arms which he's done before and surely doesn't require a lot of stamina with how powerful he's become.
Mar 21, 2:14 AM
Oct 2019
Come on dude, Luffy Armament Haki attack got blocked by Batman LMAO

What in the world, huge man have a lion on his stomach.

Now we see how those SMILE devil fruit is causing a problem.

Law is stress lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Longer running comedy gag than Sanji's "fall for every girl he sees" shtick?

GakutoDeathGlare - Jun 3

23 by Smellyjuney »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 499 Discussion

ninkendo - May 21, 2011

36 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 498 Discussion

kevin_video - May 14, 2011

44 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 497 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - May 7, 2011

53 by gannoncannon55 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 496 Discussion ( 1 2 )

geemaa - May 1, 2011

53 by gannoncannon55 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.