Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: One Piece Episode 901 Discussion

Sep 7, 7:13 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wano is a freak show.

Gazelleman has no stamina. Holdem and his lower half are not really a harmonious duo. And mouseman just looks hideous.

Also fucking anime team again, you even gotta let Luffy struggle with Batman :S
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Sep 7, 8:34 PM
That guy was just HORRIBLE, he seriously told those elders to goddamn cook their own pet...what the actual-

Things are heating up! Seems like the next episode Law will come in contact with Luffy And Zoro.

Sep 7, 9:00 PM

Okay one piece.. okay. That ending scene with Luffy almost using Conq. Haki and then it transitions to the end card and the O is all glittery. Fine, I'll give you that. That was pretty damn cool.

But yeah, Luffy using Armament Haki on bat guy and apparently bat guy can respond to Luffy's haki.. yeah sure lol.

Sep 7, 9:34 PM

The transition to the To be continued was pretty damn sick. But the only epic thing this episode too lol

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka

Sep 7, 9:49 PM

Holdem and Kamijiro bond well with each other ;-)

Instead of Luffy shouting Tama all the time, why doesn't he shoot himself from the lion and use second gear to reach her fast??

Didn't know people eat Raccoon dogs, wow the world is a vast place for real!
"You know the rules, kill them all and keep moving "--- Lil Wayne- John

Sep 7, 9:52 PM
Salokannel2 said:
But yeah, Luffy using Armament Haki on bat guy and apparently bat guy can respond to Luffy's haki.. yeah sure lol.

Watching random grunt characters take the full brunt of Luffy's attacks and them laughing it off is really annoying. Same goes for how much effort it is taking both Zoro AND Luffy just to deal with some arrows.

Sep 7, 10:08 PM

Bat dude is Admiral level confirmed

Sep 7, 10:15 PM

I really disliked how they extended Bat-man's fight in the anime, he's not supposed to hold Luffy and Zoro for that long, he's more like an annoyance, but this problem is just a drag from the previous episode. Also, what's with Bat-man being able to block Luffy's hit with no problem while in the manga his strenght was pretty average?

While Holdem's gag wa very funny I feel like the scene could've been a little shorter.

O-kiku's reveal was very good, I loved the tone of the scene and the animation is still very good.

Overall this wasn't a bad episode but there are clearly elements that should be improved. (Then again, is Toei and they really take their time to make improvements)
Modified by DonDask, Sep 11, 7:02 AM

Sep 7, 10:26 PM

Meh they kept dragging that fight for no reason.
Anyway poor Law, the moment Luffy arrived he made a mess of thngs. Now Law's gotta clean up for him.

Sep 8, 12:27 AM

Damn that Yokozuna eats raccoon dogs, looks like he is Chopper's natural enemy

So far good for staying low key in Wano
Konichiwa fellow weebs
Noot Noot, mah brothas
Hee zeg makker

Sep 8, 1:31 AM

Yeah, Batman casually blocks Luffy's enraged hit. Sure. If they decided to extend the fight, they could at least make him fly away like Team Rocket.

At least the visuals are really good. I'd like it if they made more stuff like what they did with that "to be continued" panel, because usually every episode is "rigid".

Sep 8, 2:02 AM

Lol that hit in the groin looked like someone opened fire with a laser rifle. Wtf were those sounds? Okiku bits were the best parts of the episode.

Sep 8, 2:48 AM

Holdem is really weird haha.

Sep 8, 3:56 AM

Ulquiorra said:
Holdem is really weird haha.

I really liked him. One Piece is at its best when people are borderline ridiculous.

Sep 8, 4:00 AM
I think I might put this on hold and wait for 10 episodes to binge better than this fiasco.

FMmatron said:

Also fucking anime team again, you even gotta let Luffy struggle with Batman :S

I couldn't agree more... its a fucking bat come on man Luffy just beat 1B bounty this should be a walk in the park for him.

Sep 8, 5:45 AM

Those smile fruits are horrible, does any of them work as intended? The pacing has almost gone back to the usual snail level...

01111010 said:

Literally my thoughts in that moment, wtf...

Sep 8, 7:38 AM
Lifeless

01111010 said:

he's not admiral but a vice-admiral level, at current days of luffy all vice admirals and higher know how to control haki well. And he's at Kaido's main territory, ofcourse the bat dude is strong xD

Sep 8, 11:01 AM

Batman should have been a one hit KO.

Sep 8, 12:26 PM

Batman confirmed the 4th calamity designated ACE the sound pollution! but seriously I wasn't feeling the episode aside from Kiku mounting up and that joke about Gazellman's sides hurting from all the running he did...Holdems intro was super duper slow.

Sep 8, 8:11 PM

For me personally it's a little bit weird that Luffy and Zoro

1) didn't notice Gazelleman at all + weren't able to stop him. I mean for Luffy in second Gear it shouldn't be a problem normally.

2) and they both had so much problem with that bat guy. I can see that he's definitely strong but still how easy he blocked Luffys attack and laughed afterwards wasn't something I expected.

I guess we will find out about Okiku. From Zoros reaction I guess her sword is definitely something special. At least we know she's a samurai.

What the hell is this Holdem guy? His stomache is a lion? + it seems they can't stand each other. Was a pretty funny scene how that lion hit Holdem and himself in the balls :D

Also the fact that Gazellemans side was hurting is something you wouldn't expect. I almost forgot about what Tama did at the beach with her devil fruit ability. What I don't understand, why are they so fixated on Tama?

The reunion between Luffy and Law will be epic. Can't wait to see that.

Sep 9, 4:45 PM

xnix said:
01111010 said:

he's not admiral but a vice-admiral level, at current days of luffy all vice admirals and higher know how to control haki well. And he's at Kaido's main territory, ofcourse the bat dude is strong xD

I guess I needed to add an /s

In the manga he was pretty forgettable fodder, so I was poking fun at Toei reaching for any opportunity to add incanon filler x) In reality Luffy should have low-diffed him

Sep 9, 11:42 PM

hmmm.... Otama is actually stronger than these guys hink... she can control any beast man if she wanted

Sep 10, 3:39 AM
Holy shit batman still had more arrows left, that ending animation was sick af but some scenes were way way too long, but I guess it's par for the course.

Sep 11, 3:15 PM

People would be like this anime sucks. The pace is too slow. Or nothing happened only a little girl who screamed Luffy (big bro).

Well, I can't say something more than that happened. Pretty nice summarized. I saw there is a lack in quality of animation. That is too be expected and sooner or later this would happened. I like the change in armament haki. It looks cool when the haki has a glowing purple colour. Pretty ok ep. I wonder if that fat sumo guy would become good during this arc. I have a feeling Oda will go that way and match her up with Okiku (samurai lady).

I don't know if anyone else got the same feeling, but funny to see that for first time Zoro was willingly to go with Luffy when he stretched his hand to something. Considering how they land it's amazing he was willingly to do that. But then again most time Luffy have forced Zoro after him for comedic reasons. So that makes sense, however that's an unusual sight.

PS! That ending effect was cool to watch. At least something to brag about.
Modified by mangalicker94, Sep 11, 3:31 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 11, 3:37 PM

Natsu88 said:
For me personally it's a little bit weird that Luffy and Zoro

1) didn't notice Gazelleman at all + weren't able to stop him. I mean for Luffy in second Gear it shouldn't be a problem normally.

You can back up that argument with that they had full focus on the bat dude. True, they should have maybe noticed his presence. But maybe because they had full focus on the bat dude + that he ran very fast pass them it's was too unexpected to be aware of it beforehand.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 11, 8:35 PM

I really hate how the weaks sometimes made at ours protagonist ashamed. nevertheless if it wasn't like that things would never advance in the story and of course the interest would down, but as this is OP we just need to be worried about the real strenght of Luffy when the moment of confront Kaido has arrived.

By the way, I was really expecting to Law's appear! Love that dude.
Modified by Ant161718, Sep 11, 8:42 PM
LIVE THE LIFE ON YOUR WAY AND FUCK OFF THE REST OF THE WORLD ¬¬

Sep 11, 9:38 PM
I felt in my chapitas that Okiku was more than just a woman who served tea, she is a samurai, how great! 👌 That got Zoro's attention, hahaha.
Got damn! Poor Otama. Damn bastard lion eggs, tear a single Otama hair out and you're lost, Luffy won't hold back.
Wow! The riot that Luffytaro and Zorojuro will do, along with Okiku, in the Bakura village. Poor Law, even if he tries, he can't stop Luffy, hahaha 😅.

Sep 15, 1:57 AM

Alright, let's go Trafalgar Law!!

Hmm as cute as Otama is, her squealing is starting to get to me!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.

Sep 16, 3:48 AM

I really want to see Luffy and Zoro trash that whole place. I hope Law won't be able to stop them.

Yesterday, 6:29 AM
The lion hitting Holdem (and his) tama and forgetting he shares the same body with him :P

Preview MangaManga Store