Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Love of Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 12, 2022 7:30 AM

Jul 2017
What's Your Name?

Toshiki Masuda's debut OP is very slick, very fitting to the show. Aika Kobayashi's ED strikes a chord feeling very subtly melancholic, this may be one of the low-key better OSTs I've heard for this season.

Mangaka Fe's story of assassins, with a hint of romance since this is for the Josei demographic. The characters: newly recruited bounty hunter Chateau Dankworth working for trading organization Ritzland Support (with Euripides Ritzland and Indian Guy Jim), and seasoned Hong Kong triad hitman Song Ryang-ha with a heavy bounty on his head, who's been hitting on her since their fateful meeting.

Song Ryang-ha is smooth like butter, and he has the skills and expertise to help and/or silence Chateau, and for a start, a Christmas date diguised as a trade deal. Ryang-ha's service as opposed to Chateau's exchange, this starts the spiral downward as these two have a conspicuous relationship together. Chateau's origin story being an abandoned child, then what is Song's?

Platinum Vision's production values are decent, and both Saori Oonishi and Hiro Shimono I feel are fitting VAs to their respective characters.

This is the Spy X Family before the actual thing coming next season, without the family and child in action.
KANLen09Jan 12, 2022 10:25 AM
Jan 12, 2022 7:30 AM

Feb 2018
New anime and also the latest murder case in the early minutes, wow nice opening. An amazing fighting scene, I like art but is it necessary to fight while doing interviews, lol. Hold on sec, what? Is it a BlackBerry smartphone type? I thought BlackBerry had disappeared, did the setting not far from the current time? For an OP, I think it's fine no complaints. With Chateau, who seems to be the protagonist of this silent woman. I wonder if bounty hunting is the main business of this trading company...?

But a society where the underworld is in charge of self-governance and where hit men are rampant, that would be too scary. It's a fictional country. Good restaurant, hmm... Seems like an interesting invitation but a bit suspicious. Song Ryang Ha, Is he from China? I mean the name has its own characteristics. So this is what a good restaurant is all about, but there's a bit of bickering, it's interesting to see a couple working as assassins. So he was willing to kill someone in return for a date or something. Somehow the atmosphere of this office is really beautiful from the outside, xD. Look at the design of this room.

Good hotel selection for date, to spend christmas eve looks like it's going to be a beautiful memories but. Meanwhile, the other employees were spending Christmas with a widower. I feel bad for you kidz. Disappointed that this Christmas Eve date was cancelled, but it's okay.

A sudden flashback of 17 years ago, is that a chateau? I thought she was so cute, lol.
Jan 12, 2022 7:39 AM

Jul 2021
OP reminds me of a mexican song and I fancy it! Visually is quite spoiler and symbolic ish but that’s alright in my end. Anyways, I love the chemistry and dynamic between Song Ryang ha and Chateau, also it’s perhaps my 2nd time hearing a man’s name in Korean or Chinese? idfk to be in a Josei Anime. Song Ryang ha is definitely a nice looking assassin at first sight, his motifs are quite bold, even his own action is almost like what a serial killer would do but from the outlook itself seems like he’s doing his job properly. His relationship with others seems mysterious but with Chateau, he’s very carefree and even fawns over her in a very cliche way :P Well even with my 2 brain cells, I’m able to understand how his relationship with Chateau is somewhat fate and wonder, “When will they actually get along with each other” but it seems gradual from the standpoint and every wise man said, “Let’s get along with each other through a Christmas date shall we?”. Well the partnership agreement prior to it went well and the Christmas date was actually quite working out to say the least lol but damn Song Ryang ha’s bold side is atrocious in a conscience way.

Furthermore, it’s nice that we get to see some interaction between Chateau’s boss and Indian-kun <- Call him that the next time you encounter him bois and gals, Jim sounds like an 8 year old name but anyways their mutuality is hilarious! the ED almost made me on the verge of tears because it’s giving a romantic melodic calm theme to it that fits this anime so much ;( Also I’m a manga reader for this and they've adapted from chapter 1-3 + the end of the episode was def an original of Chateau in her cute childhood scene and each panels are quite long so the pacing is perfectly fine for the first episode and animation wise can be a bit inconsistent, well to be fair Platinum Vision isn't the best studio out there except their notable Kono Oto Tomare production but then again, I’m more towards the story rather than the animation which is already enough for me :)) anyways hopefully next episode will be something that’ll load some more action x romance!

I do agree with OP that this is exactly Spy X Family in terms of the badass MCs but a lot more mature I guess.
CQLLISTJan 12, 2022 5:12 PM
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 12, 2022 8:16 AM

Apr 2018
Well, this looks pretty good and I've heard a lot of praise for this. The OP is great for sure. Chateau is a bounty hunter and her target is Song Ryang-ha whose known for killing a lot of people and of course, there will come a little bit of romance inbetween the crime. The ED gives off a great feeling.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 12, 2022 8:22 AM

Nov 2017
I'm loving the manga, and I'll for sure love the anime.

I like the art style and the animation looks good.

Ain't this such a sweet, innocent, heartwarming love story?
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Jan 12, 2022 8:40 AM

Nov 2011
That's what happens when you put a bounty hunter and assassin in the same show.

Personally, I enjoy this episode for the mystery and thrilling-like atmosphere along with the two main leads so far. Chateau seems to be the cold type of character. Ryang-ha Song sarcastic yet deadly personality also makes this worthwhile to watch imo.

Seems they threw in a short glimpse of Chateau's past and I'm willing to see how much we learn about her character for rest of the season.

Jan 12, 2022 8:47 AM

Jul 2017
Same with Kono Oto Tomare and Devils Line, I just can't dig Platinum Vision's lighting, colors and filters used for their anime to go with their artstyle. Everytime I look at their works, it feels really odd to me and overly bright for some reason. Maybe that's just me.

Rest of the episode was a decent adaptation. I'm not the biggest fan of the chemistry shown between Ryang-ha and Chateau when reading the manga at the start and to where it currently is at now, and I have the same feelings here even with the complicated relationship they have together. It's like oil and water for me, and the way they interact do show that feeling strongly in this episode alone as well as through observing their personalities. Even with both of them having different yet similar kinds of dangerous occupations. Hiro Shimono and Saori Oonishi did a solid job though in voicing their roles respectively. The episode was just a small piece of the puzzle when it comes to the mystery and narrative as a whole, with a tease for Chateau's past at the end there. More is definitely to come in the future.

This isn't a romance first anime or an action rom-com like a Spy x Family, more of a mystery-action with romance elements definitely present with Ryang-ha's obsession with Chateau. Hopefully the rest of the season handles the content nicely since other than the visuals being bleh to look at, rest of this premiere was alright and the episode itself while not a good/great/memorable premiere, wasn't a terrible one either in setting the series up. It was pretty average stuff as a whole and did the job a premiere would in showing a tease of what the series would be like without being a drag or painful experience by any means to sit through.
Jan 12, 2022 9:01 AM

Apr 2014
The OP and Aikyan's ED are very great. I can't wait to listen to the full version of these songs.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 12, 2022 9:05 AM
Mar 2019
I'm really curious with this show.Is it actually great in the source material too?I saw the poster and it looked pretty much my vibe and all but I have never seen a Josei before.Can I still enjoy it?
Jan 12, 2022 9:07 AM
May 2021
I felt the 1st episode really boring man. Characters are not so interesting and story pace was so slow. Animation was also below average
Jan 12, 2022 9:12 AM
Jul 2021
Anyone else getting Bungou stray dog vibes?
Jan 12, 2022 9:17 AM

Oct 2017
This was an amusing premiere, liked the chemistry between Song and Chateau. Their relationship gives off bittwersweet vibes. It's quite mysterious too with how Chateau seems to be rich yet she works as a bounty hunter and Song seems to dislike others scent yet Chateau's the only exception. Song seems like a fun dude and Chataeu's pretty. Production was okay and both OP & ED were okay too. Overall a good way to start the anime. Liked this episode and looking forward to more.
Jan 12, 2022 9:21 AM

Nov 2017
AliasterB2003 said:
I'm really curious with this show.Is it actually great in the source material too?I saw the poster and it looked pretty much my vibe and all but I have never seen a Josei before.Can I still enjoy it?

I think it's worth it if you like this kind of anime.

Episode 1 pretty much followed the manga and the OP spoils later on events that take place. Josei is really good, especially if you are an adult.
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Jan 12, 2022 9:23 AM

Nov 2017
Alrighty, so far, so good. There's chemistry between the two main characters (even if Chateau would hate to admit it lol) and their interactions play off one another
Jan 12, 2022 9:29 AM
Jan 2020
I do really like this so far and this is a pretty promising premier.

But, the lighting/art style or whatever really reminds me of a hentai.
Jan 12, 2022 9:35 AM

Sep 2020

Nice!!!!

Like the chemistry between our two main lead. Good art and animation reminder me of Kono Oto Tomare. OP and Ed are also very catchy. Excited for the next episode!!!
ZXEANJan 12, 2022 10:07 AM
Jan 12, 2022 9:39 AM

Nov 2016
For a moment I believed this would be the somber adult equivalent of a teasing rom-com, but there's a lot more that intrigued me. Chateau's backstory for one. Can't wait to learn more about her. I'm lenient in regards to the production value, not to say that I couldn't care less. The premise in and of itself is enough for me to carry this anime.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 12, 2022 9:47 AM

Jun 2021
The animation in the OP reminded me of Kaguya-sama, but somehow less violent.
Jan 12, 2022 9:55 AM

Jun 2013
Pacing is a little on the wonky side but im very intrigued by this so far!
Jan 12, 2022 9:57 AM

May 2020
Hey this was actually something I'd very much look forward to. Interesting pair we got here, an assassin and a bounty hunter, so things are expected to be a bit twisted. Also a bit of glimpse at Chateau's past, quite sure there'll be more to it later on.

Visuals are okay but atleast give that dude or whatever a mouth, please.
Jan 12, 2022 9:57 AM
Feb 2020
Yo i dont get it, this is a synopsis of a psychopath not knowing his boundaries and abusing his "crush", idk why someone would like this.
Jan 12, 2022 10:01 AM

May 2016
girl is a robot sadly. wish she would have like hit him and called him a creep
Jan 12, 2022 10:08 AM
Jun 2017
Decent episode. Kinda reminds me of spy X family. I hope it'll get better.
Jan 12, 2022 10:20 AM
Aug 2021
Nothing amazing but seems like a good enjoyable anime tbh
Jan 12, 2022 10:41 AM

Mar 2016
I liked the premiere. Just really wished that it ended up in better production hands cause the visuals aren't anything particularly praiseworthy to say the least. I read the manga and do enjoy it quite a bit, though I'm not too big on the relationship dynamic between Chateau and Son. The humor in the show it quite entertaining for me, though. What's even better will be seeing the outrage from SJWs about a slick guy forcing a date onto a young woman significantly younger than him lol. It's a twisted (one-side for now) relationship, but it'll definitely have its interesting development once we get into the two leads' backgrounds.
Jan 12, 2022 10:46 AM
May 2021
Good start to an anime I was very hopeful for. Seems to be more on the slow burner side which I am totally fine with.

Chateau is a cold beauty, but her reaction when Song spots her pierced ear was damn cute.
Jan 12, 2022 11:00 AM

Feb 2019
Yea this is gonna be the hidden gem of the season. Really enjoyed this first episode. Art style and animation are great. Kinda feels like el moloi and moriarty mixed.
Jan 12, 2022 11:00 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm now thats quite the unique way to meet someone for the first time. But as assassins go Song has quite the curious personality. A support company is a pretty good cover for a bounty hunter firm though. But man Song's pursuit of Chateau really was hillarious. Still his resume is pretty damm impressive as are his skills. Despite the tense relationship its cute seeing Chateau get embarrassed. The expansion into Chateau's past near the end of the ep sure was interesting though. Overall an interesting opening ep that did well to introduce both the setting and the main characters of Song and Chateau. From the ending visuals im curious at whether they're going for the destined lovers route. Hopefully Chateau will be able to open up more though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2022 11:19 AM
May 2021
This seems different
A unique type of anime and I am all in for it
The episode was really interesting it seems like an actual drama
Gonna watch it and hope that it continues being unique and interesting
Jan 12, 2022 11:21 AM

Apr 2020
I've certainly waited for this anime and now that it's here, I can say.....that it is somewhat disappointingly satisfying, make of that what you will.

Though some people might point out their own short attention span aka boredom for the reason why they might not watch this anime seconds after they watched it, the artstyle of Platinum Vision surely doesn't help their matters, including me. Don't get me wrong, the premise and the story somewhat captivated me, but at the same time, looking at the screen, I was one junkfood less of dipping out of this anime. And seriously, what the hell am I blurting out of my mind.

Anyway, I think this anime has something killing for it. And though not many people will stick with this for a full season experience, hell even Stark700 did not start this topic, that already tells you something is small with this anime, for me, well hell I might watch this in the same timespan that the Moon will take to revolve around our planet 3 times.
Jan 12, 2022 11:36 AM
Nov 2021
The episode was not exactly what I was expecting but it was still good regardless.
Jan 12, 2022 11:37 AM

Jul 2021
It was a wonderful first episode.
I was waiting for the first episode of this anime and luckily I found it very good. Apparently the anime will have a great story and I hope it will also have great character development.
asdasdsadad
Jan 12, 2022 11:42 AM

Apr 2018
Never except a relationship between assassin and bounty hunter to be ordinary.
Jan 12, 2022 11:45 AM

Jun 2013
That short dude has no mouth
Jan 12, 2022 11:46 AM
Sep 2021
I really like anime with action and romance and this one got a very precise combination of both,I think it's gona be one of my favourite anime this year.
Jan 12, 2022 11:50 AM
Jul 2020
This anime is very good and is one of the anime i'm most looking forward to this winter 2022. The ending song is also very soothing. Even though I didn't read the manga, the storyline was very interesting. I'm looking forward to the best for this anime.

Jan 12, 2022 11:56 AM

Sep 2021
great so far. but ryung-ha easily brings the score down by 1 like dude i hate stalker/pervert mcs with every ounce of my being just gotta hope he gets better later on
hgwnejmp.ädqwsd
Jan 12, 2022 1:12 PM
May 2017
Disappointed that Indian-kun has a proper name now
Jan 12, 2022 1:34 PM

Nov 2011
This is either going to be a dumpster fire or it will turn into something decent. Episode one was bad imo but ill continue on.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 12, 2022 2:39 PM

Aug 2018
Hmmm, Ok.
I liked the first episode, let's see how it will continue. The opening is very good and the ending is nice.
And Chateau is beautiful.
Jan 12, 2022 3:15 PM

Jul 2017
It feels weird hearing Shimono Hiro in a fully serious role lmao

but anywho okay start fwiw. Didn't remember why I put the manga on hold so early on but after watching I think I realized why. Not really buying the main duo together if I'm being honest, this one feels more into the mystery part rather than the romance (only 1st ep but this already feels like a dead ship lmao)
Jan 12, 2022 3:37 PM

Aug 2020
pretty good episode 1. It has the potential. I'll definitely watch the whole show

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jan 12, 2022 3:48 PM
Dec 2021
Great, that guy is so fucking sexy!!!
Jan 12, 2022 4:07 PM

May 2015
Well the premise seemed interesting, the execution on the other hand leaves a lot to be desired. Oh well I'll give it a few more episodes
Jan 12, 2022 4:14 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
It seems like Ryang-Ha Song has taken a liking to Chateau even though she's not interested in him. That guy has eyes like a fox, so he seems to be playing the role of a trickster when he's around her. I'm curious to know about Chateau and Song's past.
Jan 12, 2022 4:20 PM

Feb 2017
another anime to remind me why it's important that i read the synopsis. i somehow thought this was going to be more along the lines of the enemies to lovers trope rather than the stalker with a crush trope.

the kid's (??) voice is driving me bananas but other than that i'm finding this to be kinda interesting so far

placeholder text
Jan 12, 2022 4:36 PM

Sep 2018
One of the better premiers in this relatively weak season
Jan 12, 2022 4:38 PM

Dec 2012
I am very disappointed in this quarter anime but this one took the cake for bad. It is beyond disgusting glorifying abuse, violence, gun use and just overall gross horror. It is I fear a sign of the impact of both current conditions in our world and in Japan also for such trash to even be considered. I am not going to read more posts like some here that are positive for this show and was really sad to see the poll at the top.

It is a sad day for anime.

Jan 12, 2022 4:42 PM

Nov 2019
That was an amazing premier

Song sure is something, I can't wait to see what he does next~!

The OP and ED sure hit right as well too
Jan 12, 2022 5:07 PM

Nov 2012
This was kind of odd. Typically, I like odd, but I'm not sure I liked this. I'll give it a long leash for now.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koroshi Ai Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 26, 2022

42 by stankosrbija1389 »»
Apr 18, 12:19 AM

Poll: » Koroshi Ai Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 30, 2022

45 by Kaylis-sama »»
Apr 8, 4:23 PM

» Season 2.?

Zayed_Iftekher - Aug 29, 2023

9 by ScrewFiction »»
Feb 5, 12:37 PM

» Anything similar to this?

lovealyssafaith - Apr 11, 2023

17 by ScrewFiction »»
Feb 2, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Koroshi Ai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jan 19, 2022

58 by nightjasmine »»
Oct 13, 2023 11:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.