Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 4, 2021 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, Nanato is scary when he aims for his goal as a God Candiate. Looks like he's suffering from terminal cancer though.

Mirai seems more and more disoriented from this game. Nanato doesn't seem like a bad person by his personality. Having him as an ally is better than an enemy.
Nov 4, 2021 9:59 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 4, 2021 11:15 AM

May 2020
Unsurprisingly it didn't ended well for that girl, but for Metropoliman he got himself three sets of wings and arrows and this is all in addition to his special level powers. He's probably the most powerful got candidate out there now.

But well another God candidate showed up, and he's willing to team up with Mirai and Saki to get rid of Metropoliman. He got his intentions cleared and now it's up to them whether to engage with him or not.

Looks like Metropoliman wishes for resurrection of someone dead.
Nov 4, 2021 12:41 PM
Jan 2021
Can
Softhenic03 said:
Unsurprisingly it didn't ended well for that girl, but for Metropoliman he got himself three sets of wings and arrows and this is all in addition to his special level powers. He's probably the most powerful got candidate out there now.

But well another God candidate showed up, and he's willing to team up with Mirai and Saki to get rid of Metropoliman. He got his intentions cleared and now it's up to them whether to engage with him or not.

Hi where did you watch it because I checked on Crunchyroll and Wakanim and I couldn't find it
Nov 4, 2021 1:32 PM

Nov 2019
So when he was talking about bringing back the dead, I'm assuming he is talking about his sister. Unless she is just being kept in cryostasis and he needs a way to bring her out of stasis.

Nov 4, 2021 1:34 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Eh RIP to them that was harsh, they met another candidate who is supposed to die because he has a cancer, but seems like he's quite the mastermind and got information about another candidate, Metropoliman is just awful to be honest, especially at his rich highschool and how he thinks when he's with his friend... he keeps the dead body of his sister and wants to resurrect her??? Also that middle schooler murder is hardcore
Nov 4, 2021 1:44 PM

Jan 2014
Ok so now even having cancer is enough to be a god candidate? Like when they went with that suicide ratio etc I was quite sceptical, but hey now they are just pulling it outa their asses.
Well, either way, it was quite disappointing to see MC not engaging in a fight since his angel did tell him not to do so but hey they need those cliffhangers right? I wonder if they are gonna use the ring swapping or not, but I guess I should keep my expectations low.
Nov 4, 2021 1:47 PM
Oct 2016
Mirai and Saki are lucky that Nasse came to stop them from doing anything reckless. Its a shame what happened to that little girl Metropoliman hit with his arrow but there's was nothing that could be done. The whole thing was an elaborate trap setup by a madman, getting involved would just be playing into his hands. Can't do anything but watch in a situation like that, as sad as that is.

The new god candidate whom went to where Mirai and Saki is thankfully is a good guy. Nanato someone who resided to accept death will be a good ally. Since like Saki angel said people like that are strong. He did use his red arrows in a smart way, securing money for his family and making private detectives find other god candidates. That's actually a really good idea since he could find and judge if they're good people and possible allies.

Mirai and Saki now have a good person on their side since Metropoliman now has more than a couple arrows and wings. Metropoliman found a loophole to using his red arrows to make people kill. You can't make a normal person a murderer but if you use them on someone who's already got that desire to kill then they have free reign to unleash those murderous ways. Which is exactly what he did with that girl at the end.
Nov 4, 2021 1:58 PM

Jul 2017
BASED NASSE DON'T GIVE NO SHIT ABOUT SAVING EVERYONE

though fair play I guess with actually going through with killing the kid. Was almost sure it would be one of those "MC comes to the rescue" type things. I still don't get why the public is so nonchalant about all this lmao, man literally kills 2 people right in front of them (one of them being a literal kid who had been getting bullied) and they act like it was just their kids baseball team losing a match.

one thing's for sure is that Mukaidou is already best character confirmed
Nov 4, 2021 2:02 PM

Feb 2021
KotaroAmon said:
Can
Softhenic03 said:

Hi where did you watch it because I checked on Crunchyroll and Wakanim and I couldn't find it
I was able to watch on Crunchyroll, and its also on Funimation too.
Nov 4, 2021 2:07 PM
Jan 2021
MadanielFL said:
KotaroAmon said:
Can
From what region are you watching because here in Germany its just showing 4 and maybe a link to the Episode on Crunchyroll?
Nov 4, 2021 2:14 PM

Feb 2021
Damn, I loved reading platinum end (except maybe the last part), and was part of a very small discord community for platinum end while it was still getting published. The story feels so much different than the first time I've heard it, it feels much more skimmed and filted, it's just plain average in my opinon.
Nov 4, 2021 2:23 PM

Nov 2016
Nasse proved again that she couldn't give less of a fuck about other human lives, but what she did was the smarter thing to do.

Mukaido on the other hand seems like a genuinely nice person. Already know that I'm going to feel sad for him when his time has come.

Episode was enjoyable again. Now our squad has to deal with a crazy bitch on top of Metropoliman. And no one said he's the biggest problem. There could be someone else just waiting to make a move.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 4, 2021 2:27 PM
Oct 2016
same seiyuu, Toshiyuki Morikawa

Nov 4, 2021 2:35 PM

Feb 2021
KotaroAmon said:
MadanielFL said:
From what region are you watching because here in Germany its just showing 4 and maybe a link to the Episode on Crunchyroll?
I'm watching from the USA https://beta.crunchyroll.com/watch/GWDU8P2XE/Death-Sentence
Nov 4, 2021 2:35 PM

Jul 2021
Nice episode, I liked Cancer Man and the new group dynamics. It's quite unbelievable to me that no one asks the angels what it actually means to be a God. I'd have tons of questions for them on the subject and, while I understand that it's not possible to give too much away for narrative purposes, the authors should at least show a little bit of that.
Nov 4, 2021 2:42 PM

May 2018
The girl ended up dying too. F to her. The cancer guy is a great guy. Metropoliman's daily life is quite a drastic change from his more 'bloodier' antics but now we know why he fights the way he does. I wish I had a cute sister like her
Nov 4, 2021 2:42 PM

Dec 2020
So this Nanato seem like a good guy he has cancer but he want to defeat metropolitan.

So he want to bring his sister back to the alives and Mirai is getting more and more into this.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Nov 4, 2021 3:46 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
Seems Mirai has came across the Walter White of this universe, Nanato.

Metropoliman's mindset is much creepier, however. We already saw glimpses of his luxury apartment before, but now he's got some high-tech deceased sister freezer room? At least he has reasons fuelling his sadistic charisma.
Nov 4, 2021 3:49 PM
Mar 2014
This story will be great without cosplayers😑
Nov 4, 2021 3:52 PM

Apr 2018
Well, a lot of information has been revealed in this episode. This was pretty interesting and good. Another God Candidate has teamed up with our main duo which is positive for them. On the other hand, Metropoliman got some underhand tactics which are useful for him but not a lot of people like the way he plays. Seems like he's a siscon. That last converstation with his friend was funny as hell xD And another yankee bitch appeared out of nowhere.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 4, 2021 3:56 PM

Jul 2011
When you need to force someone with good intentions to appear because the MC don't know how to do a poker face.

Who is making the Arrow rules? Im pretty sure Mirai made his aunt kill herself. Now you cant? Or is translation error?
Nov 4, 2021 4:09 PM
Jul 2018
Things are very interesting with the dialogs from Nanato that appeared out of nowhere and managed to find out that Mirai was a candidate, but there was an explanation about how interesting the way he found out was.

He suffers from cancer and it weighs heavily on his situation.
Nov 4, 2021 4:56 PM

Aug 2010
Hmm probably my least favorite episode so far. I don't like how they try to make Mirai's parents relevant. they feel like NPCs. Their dialogues feel so unnatural..

Also Metropoliman turns out to be a creep obsessed with his little sister..
Nov 4, 2021 5:19 PM

Feb 2017
white haired guy gives off the vibes of a cringey middle schooler, an edgelord, a creep, and a knock-off light yagami all at the same time

LMFAOOOO also the conversation between mirai & his dad sounded so incredibly weird. like what a weird conversation to have with your son

either saki or mirai last episode was saying that they should stop looking at the sky so as to not give away the fact that they could see the angels. and they were doing that EXACT thing this episode. like why dont you make it even more obvious you absolute ding dongs. i laughed when they got caught on camera and thought that was a good set up for some kind of blackmail or something. but then it was underwhelming bc it was just some detective or whatever shot with the arrow by the brown haired guy

placeholder text
Nov 4, 2021 5:44 PM

Jan 2021
This got more interesting
Nov 4, 2021 7:24 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Alright. So there's no God Candidate appeared, but its just Nasse. Safety for Mirai, and every each other God Candidate, i guess, and thats why the episode still so long to end. But its also confirmed the other candidate had no strong determination like Metropoliman did, or kinda scaredy-cat. Oh well, idk how the hell they can kill one strong opponent like Metropoliman with all his set available.

Then, Mirai found the God Candidate with good intention under his neath clothing. Lucky for him. Bit sad with his condition, and backstory. But looks like he got some good design to prepare Mirai to be as same as Metropoliman disguise. Alright.

Now the antagonist one pov, reaching an understatement of his way of thinking. So, its all about his little sister, eh? Understandable. The benefit he got from killing the previous first four God Candidate also make him doin the God works too; granting the commoners wishes. Threwing all his set in order to lure out and kill more of the God Candidate.

The ed change in order to match the next arc and this episode dynamic. Lets see how its turn out next....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 4, 2021 7:38 PM

Jul 2015
Anlex said:
Ok so now even having cancer is enough to be a god candidate? Like when they went with that suicide ratio etc I was quite sceptical, but hey now they are just pulling it outa their asses.
Well, either way, it was quite disappointing to see MC not engaging in a fight since his angel did tell him not to do so but hey they need those cliffhangers right? I wonder if they are gonna use the ring swapping or not, but I guess I should keep my expectations low.

People who have cancer like he did are likely wishing to die so yeah it fits.
Nov 4, 2021 7:39 PM

Jul 2015
BlichoBoy said:
When you need to force someone with good intentions to appear because the MC don't know how to do a poker face.

Who is making the Arrow rules? Im pretty sure Mirai made his aunt kill herself. Now you cant? Or is translation error?

You can't unless they want to die and feel extreme guilt.

That's what Metro was getting at at the end with the whole "if they want to kill people" thing :P
Nov 4, 2021 7:50 PM
Dec 2015
Wasn't expecting the little girl to get killed
Nov 4, 2021 7:55 PM

Aug 2020
the cliffhanger last episode was literally for nothing, they still killed the girl. I was very disappointed. well it is a battle royale show

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Nov 4, 2021 7:59 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Last week: Episode cuts off just as Mirai is about get up to face off with Metropoliman. Ok then leave us with the cliffhanger to get us hyped for the next episode. Fair enough.

Today: *Mirai gets ready for battle* - *Nasse flies in* - "Sit your butt down boy! Okay everyone go home now!"

Are you kidding me.

New character randomly showing up at their apartment to advance the plot seemed convenient, but he explained how he found them later so I guess it's okay. I almost don't want to drop this because this guy is an actually compelling character. But he's still not enough to save the entire anime

First episode was promising in the fact that this anime was going to provide some dumb fun. It gave no indication that it was going to be intricately written, but it was going to give us a fun ride nonetheless. At this point, it's just throwing garbage in our face. Maybe I'll be missing out on the greatest plot twist or ending of all time, but I don't think sitting through this slog will make it worth it. Bye, see you, if you're still enjoying this, I'm happy for you. Hope you enjoy the rest of this series, and have a nice day.

Also I just think it's funny how this airs on a Thursday for where I live, along with Ousama Ranking and Sakugan. Two of the best anime this season along with one of the worst, lmao

Actually you know what? I won't drop it just yet. I'll give it a chance, until all the god candidates are introduced. If it hasn't fixed itself to be more appealing by then, I'll go for the drop

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 4, 2021 8:43 PM

Dec 2016
That poor soul! ;-; Even begging for life wasn't enough to change that jerk's heart. I'm completely heartbroken </3 Metropoliman needs to be stopped as soon as possible. He's getting overpowered and out of control!

So next episode will be about a serial killer? Curious to see how this will play out, and hope eventually the police catches the cold-blooded killer in time before there are more tragedies >_> No wonder the killer gets away easily with the wings.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Nov 4, 2021 9:29 PM

Mar 2021
well hes only been in one episode so far but Nanato is already my favorite character in this show.
★・・・・・・★
If you wish to treat this incident as our nation’s scheme, that is fine by me. History is written by the victors. All of your false accusations will soon be erased.
★・・・・・・★

Nov 4, 2021 9:41 PM

Sep 2020
Platinum end is my favourite anime of this season.
Nov 4, 2021 10:22 PM

Jul 2017
Nasse is being a badass trying to talk down to Metropoliman about his actions, but of course being in help of Mirai, tries to dissude the situation from getting worse while hiding his and Saki's presence at Jinbo Stadium.

The bit of Mirai's flashback with his parents who teach him familial values, it's as what children are brought up to value and uphold. But of course with this battle royale death game, it's all redundant.

What's up with the God candidate surrendering himself to both Mirai and Saki though? This old geezer Nanato Mukaido who's on the brink of death from suffering with cancer, he'd thought that the Angel coming down for his salvation was a shot at another life, but with Metropoliman's plot he succumbed to the thought. But for what he lived for, he lived with a conscience, and he could very well be an aide to the both of them, starting off with another kid who's a candidate.

This Kanade Uryu guy has some god-like ambitions being blessed with his Angel, and a lofty goal of resurrecting his little sister from the dead, he's a calculative one.

With most hands on deck, it would be better to have allies going forward.
Nov 4, 2021 10:34 PM

Oct 2016
Damn, RIP to the girl. But Nasse don't give a fuck, really stared down Metropoliman saying her candidate will kill him, based.

Baret activated my neurons. Mukaidou is great, probably the character I like the most so far.

So Kanade wants to become God to revive his sister huh, he weird as fuck though, really has her cryogenically stored sister displayed with a front row seat lmao. Also, his friend really just said to look at middle school girls, mega bruh.
Nov 4, 2021 11:04 PM

Jul 2016
Still wondering if Metropoliman building a good reputation among the citizens had any purpose...

Also, gotta be honest. Despite the little girl dying, I'm somewhat glad Nasse prevented Mirai from doing something stupid. Especially since he later said he can't kill Metropoliman because of some random talk he once had with his dad.

Overall, kind of a shitty episode but Mukaidou's introduction kinda saved it from being a total disaster. So far, he's the only character I can see myself empathizing with but given the astronomical death flags he's carrying right now, I can only hope for him to stay alive for at least the remaining of this cour.

So... Metropoliman behaving like a complete psycho is because he wants to bring his dead sister back to life, huh? Yeah... pretty sure that will make me start empathizing with his actions. Sure...
SouthRzVaNov 4, 2021 11:10 PM
Nov 5, 2021 12:21 AM

Apr 2014
Wait, can random people under the effects of red arrows see angels too?
Because for the sake of the plot they better be, or else how would those investigators know when to look out for people noticing the angels in the stadium and to take pictures?
Nov 5, 2021 1:33 AM

Mar 2019
Disappointed in this adaptation.

The show moves through scenes too quickly which is a disservice to both the story and characters. I know Mirai is annoying as fuck in the manga, but here he manages to come off feeling even more one-dimensional. Mukaido's situation felt not even 1% as tragic here as it did in the source material because they blew right through him telling the story of his life. Just rushing from one scene to the next.

Furthermore, the show feels off in terms of atmosphere. Yes, there are stupid Sentai costumes and goofy characters, but there's a lot of darkness and tragedy in this story too and I think the show has failed to convey these aspects well.
Nov 5, 2021 3:58 AM

Mar 2021
Finally a decent and an adult God candidate, I'm rooting for him. (His past makes sense too)

And I'm sorry but ''villain got a sad past too'' thing doesn't work for me.. They even made him creepier with this sister thing.

I still don't like Mirai and Saki very much. Normally I love the main characters but not this time.

I didn't expect the little girl to die, I was speechless. While this anime can't do most things properly for now, it's really good at surprising and fluidity.
This is Nanba Prison. No one has ever escaped successfully from this prison. -Nanbaka

Nov 5, 2021 4:12 AM
Aug 2015
This episode was rather weak in my opinion..it just didn't carry. He ended up shooting the girl which was a surprise I guess. Main character and his friend are just depressed and so far there isn't much rational thinking. They literally don't do anything, maybe the new guy will help to spice things up. The introduction too is getting kind of..boring. Once again someone comes and tell a story about his tragic life.
Nov 5, 2021 4:25 AM
Oct 2020
Is this white haired jerk turd already playing god by really killing off all the ugly girls? Like what?
Nov 5, 2021 4:28 AM

Dec 2020
guys, i know metropoliman is a literal fucking psycho but he's doing it all to sage his sister :( CANTT DO IT was i supposed to feel sad when his friend said ":/ your sister?" bc damn i just straight up laughed Sorry

new ally! cool designer man thank god we're gonna have boss outfits for our main characters and not some rip off power ranger/ultraman shit
Nov 5, 2021 4:29 AM
Jul 2018
Honestly when Anime has been announced I was so hyped, unfortunately after watching latest episode I see that it disappointed my expectations. Luckily there's 19 more episodes in front of us so maybe it will take off. The good part of this ep is obviously Mukaido, I'm curious how it goes on.
Nov 5, 2021 5:07 AM

Jun 2016
god damn , why this series so fucking good !!
Nov 5, 2021 6:05 AM
Nov 2021
I don't trust the new God candidate they met
Nov 5, 2021 7:58 AM

Jul 2021
It was a good episode and I'm looking forward to the next one. I really liked the new character that was introduced, Nanato. Also, I was curious to know what kind of person is that woman who appeared at the very end of the episode.
asdasdsadad
Nov 5, 2021 9:43 AM
Oct 2019
Well bye little girl.

New Oji-san Character is voice by Toshiyuki Morikawa, hell yeah I'm excited hopefully he stay long enough lol

So we now learn the motivation from Kanade, okay reasonable enough even though it's fucked up.

I can tell the new girl in the end was Yandere.
Nov 5, 2021 10:55 AM

May 2021
Great episode! So the girl died… they couldn’t save her because of the fact that they would have their identities revealed if they did. We also got to meet a new god candidate who teams up with Saki and Mirai who has page stage cancer and stole money from the rich to give to his family. Because of this, he doesn’t feel he deserves to become a god candidate. We also got see Metropoliman’s school life and also that you can stack multiple arrows to increase the range of them.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2022

274 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 20, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2021

162 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2021

117 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:02 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2021

139 by jose777manuel »»
Dec 10, 2023 3:01 AM

Poll: » Platinum End Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2021

230 by Lita2013 »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.