Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Dec 18, 2015 4:18 AM

Jul 2014
I don't know what to think, actually. Is Kaori's gonna be okay?
Please tell me Kaori's gonna be okay, please T~T
Dec 30, 2015 2:16 AM

Jun 2009
are you fucking kidding me with the cat? seriously?
Dec 31, 2015 5:59 PM
Jan 2010
It is too cruel. The poor Kaori.

Cat? He can drop dead.
yuichi333Dec 31, 2015 6:11 PM
Jan 19, 2016 10:22 PM

Dec 2009
Oh my god, so many tears. I need an emotional break before finishing the series. ;-;
Jan 23, 2016 8:26 AM

Jun 2015
wow the end had a strong impact. I know it's not appropriate to say this but now I'm interested
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Mar 2, 2016 9:42 AM

Mar 2014
Tsubaki said:
The winter rain tastes like lemonade

Seriously I am so fucking tired of that ultraviolent bipolar tsundere hypocrite and her obnoxious bullshit, can't she just jump off a cliff or something

Heck, I don't even like Kaori but at this rate I'd rather see Tsubaki die instead because GODDAMNIT SHE IS SO FUCKING ANNOYING
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 30, 2016 9:59 PM

Jan 2015
I hugged my own cat so damned hard at the end of that episode. I know it's foreshadowing and all that jazz, and it was kind of important to the plot line, but it was still painful to see. Poor kitty :(
Apr 24, 2016 11:13 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Shit just hit the van, goddam, talk about making you depressed, that end...
If anyone does have a single glimpse of hope by now, dunno how you can still cling to it.
May 13, 2016 7:20 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Bad, bad, bad. A shame! gloomy!

--
¡Malo, malo y malo. Una pena! ¡Triste!
Jun 6, 2016 6:43 PM

Apr 2014

I never felt so good at seeing someones face who hit the strongest lvl of despair FUCKING LOVE IT
Jun 13, 2016 3:51 AM

Mar 2016
I'm 2 episode away from the end, I loved this episode a lot !
Tsubaki finally pulled herself and told Arima to love her, I love Tsubaki, but I want Arima to end up with Kaori
Jun 27, 2016 6:09 AM

Mar 2016
arrrrggggggHHHHHHHHHH
Jul 3, 2016 6:44 PM

Apr 2012
tsubaki comes off as being really really selfish
ugh she had all that time when she was a kid to figure out how she felt and tell kyousei but she is choosing literally the worst possible time. well i guess it's because he's thinking about going to a school far away and so it triggered these emotions....whatevrrr ughhhhghghhh
idk i always thought she was annoying
i hope they're not stringing along this annoying one-sided romance just so kyousei will end up with someone by the end. i'd be so fucking pissed

also cat's dead kaori's probably dead
tbh feel like crying
saddddd ;___;
Jul 12, 2016 2:52 AM

Dec 2013
Not a very appropriate time to confess tbh

Ending was sad to see.
Jul 15, 2016 9:11 PM

Jan 2016
the cringe is slowly killing me
Jul 28, 2016 8:45 PM

Jan 2013
First time I shed a tear and it's because of the cat dying :(
Kousei is finally slowly realizing that Kaori is going to die ... sooner than he thought.
Aug 2, 2016 9:13 PM

Aug 2013
My new goal is to get through this anime without sobbing like a baby.

Ugh.
Aug 16, 2016 1:16 PM
Jun 2014
Its so beautifully confusing... Why does Arima lie to himself about kaori continously, so much that he just accepts his own fate of love, yet goes on playing the piano?

He does realize that he plays it for "someone", thats why hes able to play it after all that happened with his mom. But then he always refers her as "girlfriend of my best friend". how does that make him continue with his interest in the piano?

And why does watari stay so cool with arima when he finally says that he liked her? moreover, why does arima stay so cool with his piano competitiors?
dangouAug 16, 2016 1:20 PM
Aug 27, 2016 5:00 AM

Jun 2016
Tsubaki finally took a step forward and said something to Arima.
And Arima confessed to Watari that he likes Kaori, an emotional episode..
Oct 7, 2016 12:42 PM

Aug 2015
You know what? My dad went to my room when I was watching and listened a little bit to the episode and he stated, that in this Japanise fairy tales they still cry xD And there's some truth, baceuse in all anime (in this especially) feelings are clearly shown.

Finnalt Tsubaki made one step to Arima (but as we see, he didn't comprehend it at all xD).

Kaori is already dead. Her condition is unlikely to change for the remaining 2 episodes. I think that awaits us sad ending... Only Tsubaki and funny scenes with her may slightly alleviate the situation xD Like this:

Oct 10, 2016 4:50 PM

Nov 2015

 Once again, a multilayered episode.
 The first part for Tsubaki. After a good balance between flashbacks and present, the path for her confession to Kousei reveals open. Finally accepting her feelings and expressing them. She's jealous, but she's also scared because she knows he loves someone else.

 The second part was for Kousei. Damn, his monologues when he's talking with or thinking about Kaori, well, let's just say they are beautiful. The guy is really in love with that girl. Just a simple call from her for no important reason, hearing her voice, seeing the same night sky as her... those little things that makes him happy.

 And the third part...
 Pain breaks lose... Kaori is in critical condition and he can't move. He can't...no, he does not want to process the fact that he's losing her. Her light is fading away... will she be able to keep her promise?
 The guilt of not being able to save her life takes a metaphorical form, shaped as a cat runned over by some car. He couldn't save the cat... he could not save her. He breaks into tears...

 Is was just me or he saw the face of Kaori's father in the veterinarian?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Just two more episodes.
HumbertoZeroOct 10, 2016 5:05 PM
Dec 29, 2016 8:05 AM

Jun 2015
This was really sad :'/

Feb 26, 2017 3:18 AM
Dec 2009
I wish Tsubaki had just confessed normally instead of saying "You have no choice but to fall for me!". Ruined the magic moment IMO, though Kousei's shocked face was cute. I expected this episode to be more about the competition or Kaori.
Apr 14, 2017 11:16 PM

Apr 2015
Why am I not crying?

2 eps left

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Apr 24, 2017 1:22 PM

Dec 2016
NO WHAT THE HELL things were just starting to go well again smh when tsubaki sorta confessed and when kousei finally admitted he loved kaori i was like aww thats so sweet BUT NO WE CANT HAVE HAPPINESS IN THIS ANIME NOW CAN WE like that scene with kaori was sad but WHY THE CAT THATS JUST NOT FAIR IM MAD
mirp448Apr 24, 2017 2:01 PM
May 29, 2017 9:17 AM

Dec 2016
This episode almost got the better of me ;_; What a depressing episode.
Life can be cruel. That poor kitty TT_TT and Kaori </3

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 6, 2017 5:33 AM
Aug 2017
what a great episode.

At first Tsubaki's confession hit me like, woah. Then even Kousei admitted that he liked Kaori.

then...after that after that during the Kaori scene I was so shocked and my heart beated so fast. I'm sure she'll die i the end :///. NOOOOOOOO
I love anime and kpop! <3 BLINK and SONE
Jan 13, 2018 3:53 PM

Mar 2013
I'm skipping through the second half of the anime as I am not really interested in it anymore, but the cat dying made me cry hard, because I lost my kitten to a car accident last summer
Feb 4, 2018 8:30 PM

Jul 2013
This show is all about reaching people lol this time is quite literal with Tsubaki's baseball. Dead cat = dead Kaori obviously.
Feb 21, 2018 6:05 AM

Dec 2015
Everything hurts so much
~
Apr 15, 2018 6:28 PM

Dec 2016
Noo :c
So much pain in this episode, just when Kousei was progressing u.u
Jan 1, 2019 9:32 AM

Apr 2013
Tsubaki might be the worst childhood friend I've ever seen. Not only abuses she Kousei all the time, now she also blames him for not loving her after calling him "her little brother" over and over again. Also looks like the end is near for Kaori and poor kitty ;_;
Mar 8, 2019 10:47 PM

Mar 2016
Tsubaki way to confess her love towards Kousei made it as if he does actually have no choice but to love Tsubaki. Saying that even if he like Kaori, Watari already had his hand on her. Seems like Tsubaki wanted more attention from Kousei and wanted him to actually treat her like a girl for real.

And did Kousei just admitted to himself that he loves Kaori? After 20 eps??? Well, better late than never! He even admitted it to Watari which he of course already realized by now.

The day Kousei decided to visit Kaori, Kaori suddenly is in critical health condition, holy crap, not to mention him seeing a cat being hit by a car. Wow, what a shitty day for Kousei...
Apr 13, 2019 9:38 AM

Dec 2018
I think I'll stop expecting any plotwist.

Watari is such a good friend despite what Arima said.

So after Kaori's death Arima will probably end up with Tsubaki or Emi.

Now that I've heard many of Arima's monolouge, what I need now is Kaori's monolouge. She called him just to see an airplane? lol, that's it this is a solid evidence.

Unfortunately.......
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 2, 2019 9:19 PM

Sep 2017
Tsubaki worst gorilla. Only real gorilla is Kondo. Does the B mean she gets into the school she wants to get into? What happens if Kousei fails at the competition? Does she still go or does she go elsewhere? Kousei makes a pretty awkward third wheel. It's best to own it. So that's how he met Chelsea. And how he reacted to his mom throwing her away. It must have hurt Tsubaki when Kousei confirmed that he liked Kaori. However, good on her for getting the guts to finally admit to Kousei. Don't break the window again, Tsubaki. This was a good face.

The cat walking next to him was cute. Last five minutes of the episode was stellar. Kousei confirms his feelings to Watari, which was good shit. Kaori has what looks to be cardiac arrest, which is not good shit. Kousei found and attempted to save a cat, which was okay shit (good for trying to rescue cat, bad for cat dying).
Jul 6, 2019 1:13 AM
Apr 2008
There is finally a great episode. Outstanding even.

The capturing of all the aspects of love is spot-on:

- unrequited and regretful love (many combinations; Kousei, Tsubaki)
- selfless love
- how it feels to be friend-zoned and to FZ someone AT THE SAME TIME as being FZed
- tension of seeing your crush/beloved; especially if you are unsure if they like you back, or are certain they like someone else
- confusion due to a friend-who-didn't-like-you-before-but-now-does
- confessing of feelings to not have regrets and to move on
- awkwardness after confession of an unrequited love/crush
- jealously/envy of a friend that you try to suppress
- heartrending feeling of loss and pain, feeling helpless to save loved one
- life kicking you while you're down despite being a good person

Masterclass in realistic love portrayal, in my opinion. Done with great pacing, great suspense and tension. Nothing overdramatic and melodramatic which is refreshingly uncharacteristic of YLIA. Except for the one instance of the RUDE AF nurse.
Aug 6, 2019 3:51 PM

Aug 2007
I really hate that they changed the design of the cat, though...
It looks nothing like the ones in the first half.

It really is low blow to kill the poor cat, though...

Jan 18, 2020 4:05 PM

Jul 2016
Watari always knew Kousei liked Kaori, uh? Though I already knew it, it would have been great if he said it before so that, we could have avoided this lame "the girl my best friend likes" storyline.

Awful episode. Almost 3/4 of it were focused on things we already know about Tsubaki and despite all the time spent on her, I still don't find any redeemable aspect for her childish/pathetic behaviour.
She's such a horrible person. She knows Kousei since childhood, had plenty of time to sort out her feelings yet she chose the worst moment possible to confess. And on top of that, she still blames him for not loving her back and repetitively tells him he will never have a chance with Kaori? Seriously, fuck that bitch.

So... after seeing Kaori having an... attack? I'm pretty sure Kousei's trauma got triggered by 10. Now I really wonder how these last two episodes will manage to avoid having MC fucking killing himself.

P.S.: RIP innocent street cat, by the way. Poor of you to die just for the sake of shitty symbolism.
SouthRzVaJan 18, 2020 4:21 PM
Apr 16, 2020 5:04 AM

Feb 2019
With two episodes left, I guess it's coming.

Wow, so Tsubaki semi-confessed her feelings for Kousei. She may want Kousei to struggle and think long and hard about her, but it's just not going her way. He has so much more to think about. After all, it didn't take Kousei much to agree to her saying "You like Kaori". "Yeah".

It's happening. She was so bright while on the phone with him. I don't know what's happening and I can't believe it. Just when finally Kousei manages to bring out his feelings and tell Watari that he really likes Kaori, it happens. Did she have a seizure? It looked horrifying. I can't imagine what she's going through.

The cat died too. Kousei's eyes after they told him that the cat couldn't be saved... they felt so dead, like the life had been sucked out of them.

Kousei remembering the most beautiful moments he spent with her, the touch of her hands, and then breaking down and crying in that park hit really hard.

The inevitable is coming, with just two episodes left. I hope I'm ready to face it, but I don't think I am.
Apr 30, 2020 6:05 AM

Feb 2018
Shimai_ni said:
I don't really get why people dislike Tsubaki, and at this point I'm too afraid to ask. Stressing episode by the way.
because everyone are hate ntr maybe
May 1, 2020 3:47 AM

Aug 2019
Disliked the episode. First half was almost a rehash of what we've already seen and we still haven't gone past the whole point of "she likes my best friend blah blah blah". While I'd liked Tsubaki before, I hated her in this one because of how she behaved. I'm pretty much indifferent about Kaori but really how much more Kousei needs to suffer? And what the hell, they really kill off the poor cat for just some shitty symbolism.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
May 8, 2020 3:05 PM
Oct 2019
Vitamin C!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, Tsubaki essentially confessing her feelings was nice. About time. And her kicking Kousei before running away was actually pretty hilarious.

Kousei confessing his feelings for Kaori to Watari was nice. About time. But still only a half-arse attempt.

Kaori potentially dying, and then the black cat deactually finitely dying... *shakes angry fist*
HagePotPotatoMay 8, 2020 4:19 PM
Jul 6, 2020 8:07 AM

May 2018
Tsubaki is worst waifu. Kaori is meh waifu. The true waifu here is Nagi lol. Rip Kaori I hope she survives that
Dec 7, 2020 9:13 AM

Jan 2017
Nice to see where Kousei got Chelsea from, really wish his mom didn't just throw her away somewhere

So Tsubaki finally somewhat confessed to Kousei eh, wonder if he'll even be with anybody at the end of this considering how cruel fate has been to him
Feb 5, 2021 2:00 PM
Jul 2013
RIP Kuroneko

Funny how just recently I heard a theory that people from broken or dysfunctional families unconsciously choose partners with problems similar to their parents, Arima seems to be a textbook example.
Feb 18, 2021 6:53 PM

Nov 2008
The cat dying is totally unnecessary. =_=

"You have no choice but to love me"

...what a disgusting line....Tsubaki, just gfy. It's clear she has NO respect for Kousei's personal feelings...also why does every childhood friend in triangles look and act the exact same bitchy,unlikable way?

Mar 7, 2021 2:08 PM

Mar 2019
Oh man, what an episode. Arima telling Watari that he loves Kao, which tbh was obvious as Watari pointed out.

Tsubaki tried again, but Arima still doesn't understand. I guess it's hard to see a childhood friend who was always with you as a girlfriend.

Watari is such a good character. I was apparently wrong when I assumed that something is going to happen between these 2.

Also, I don't really know if this is a love triangle since Kao never said she loves Arima. Speaking of Kao, that ending. Everything was going so well, what happened to her?

Poor cat.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 19, 2021 12:47 AM
Dec 2020
This episode was about confessions.
Good that Tsubaki confessed to Kousei and he made things clear to Watari.
Only Arima was not able to convey her feelings to Kaori. This is what usually happens in real life. ppl delay things whe have time to do and when they do the time they always looked pathetically leaves them without looking backwards.
Arima would be full of regrets now, even fr the things he's not responsible. That's how we humans are during hard times.
Apr 1, 2021 6:44 AM

Feb 2019
I doubt she's actually dead. I think she will die, just later.

Fantastic ending though, and the symbolysis with the black cat was really well done.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Apr 26, 2021 3:17 AM

Feb 2020
So, Tsubaki has been running away from her feelings for ages, and then she blames Kousei for not getting it and wants to make him suffer just like she suffers (considering that he didn't make her suffer, she did it all by herself) ? I used to have real sympathy for her but it's getting harder and harder. No matter how caring she's been to Kousei it doesn't excuse her current behaviour, especially since she perfectly knows the amount of trauma he suffers from. What she's expressing here isn't love, it's possessiveness, that's not the same thing. And what she's done at the beginning of this episode isn't an act of courage to finally be able to express her feelings, that's cowardice, once again.

Other than that, I really feel bad for Kousei. I hope whatever will happen to Kaori will be beneficial to him on the long term as Hiroko said it would, rather than break him even more.

Oh and one last thing, didn't it skip the contest ? Or does this episode happen before the previous one, considering Kaori told Kousei to keep training for said contest... I'm lost.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What do you think of the character artstyle?

Mallony - Oct 10, 2014

40 by Keytee1 »»
May 5, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1176 by Matt_ST13 »»
May 5, 12:24 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
May 1, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
May 1, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.