Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Mar 6, 2020 6:34 AM

Feb 2019
Honestly I feel something is lacking in the ending, it makes no sense
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Mar 9, 2020 2:26 AM

Oct 2019
This show need an OVA where Dorororo and Hyakkimaru reunited just like in the manga, maybe 10-20 years instead of 50. lol

Fine show, I enjoyed whole episodes. 8/10.
Mar 9, 2020 3:12 PM

May 2012
Quite the nice story I must say, liked the main plot and settings and in general the characters were great.

So quite enjoyed watching this anime to be honest!

All in all a great watch!
Apr 8, 2020 1:21 PM

Aug 2015
Ah, here we go again with the bitter endings. It's supposed to be sort of a happy ending but the only fact that they didn't stay together made me really sad.
9/10 for me, great anime, gonna miss this...
Apr 29, 2020 5:40 PM
Mar 2020
Ppl that didn’t like the ending are going too far and overthinking this to a point that they would claim anything as a flaw, they probably didn’t focus up and actually built up a logical reasoning behind it to see what’s missing but man this show was great and I really enjoyed it some points were left ambiguous but it’s not like everything should be explained gotta leave it to the fans to imagine.A 9/10 for me
Apr 29, 2020 11:34 PM

Dec 2015
AnasOT said:
It’s not like everything should be explained.

From my experience with internet peoples, especially american english-speaking ones, EVERY little thing has to be explained.
Among things required to fulfill this sick need:
- no in media res,
- no or little of the other time management techniques, be it ellipses and other time jumps, non chronological narration, ... ,
- an epilogue illustrating the remaining life of most if not all characters,
- things spoken/written/spelled out directly to the audience rather than being conveyed through behaviour, picture or "between the lines", in other words something that transpires from a conversation/dialogue but is not the subject or whatever. (that would explain why the biggest part of the US films production contains none of that that)
- the various storylines all being fully resolved at the end,
- etc

Also, "overthinking" futile things is one of the essential time killers for internet peoples (and most humans overthink anyway)

May 23, 2020
red-tomato said:
it's like they're setting it up for a sequel.

Did we see the same epilogue?

@red-tomato I think the sengoku era is the one Dororo is set in. It's relatively late in that period of several centuries but there is more to come too. That was the point of mentioning it: those hard times are yet to conclude.
"Sengoku jidai" is itself cut in several parts by historians, if I remember well.

June 21, 2020
@Wildcat17 Atonement?
Rei_IIIJun 20, 2020 11:25 PM
May 4, 2020 1:45 PM

Jan 2017
Ngl, the ending was hot garbage. Taho, jukai and nui died for absolutely no reason. Instead of saving tahomaru they decide to waste time while the building burns down. Tahomaru was one of my favorite characters and actually a good guy (unlike hyakkimaru). He deserves better.

Btw, the way the last demon was killed was pretty lame. One slice was literally all it took.
dusty22May 4, 2020 3:27 PM
May 6, 2020 3:19 AM
Dec 2019
I am so happy I got to watch this series. Was an emotional roller-coaster.

It's an indescribable feeling but I can't stop watching the final few episodes. The ending was nice since Hyakkimaru got his eyes back without killing Tahomaru. Turns out Tahomaru was a good person. Sad that those people had to die though.

Really nice anime all in all. Solid 9/10. I gave 10/10 because of Dodoro's smile at the end.
May 11, 2020 6:56 AM
Dec 2018
dusty22 said:
Ngl, the ending was hot garbage. Taho, jukai and nui died for absolutely no reason. Instead of saving tahomaru they decide to waste time while the building burns down.

They didn't die with "no reason" keep in mind this anime setting is classic japan even before Sengoku era, so suicide for pride or atone still done alot with people
May 11, 2020 7:00 AM

Dec 2019
Finished like a week ago but ending seemed kinda rushed
Double cup full of purrp, you can see me leanin.
May 11, 2020 7:00 AM

Dec 2019
Finished like a week ago but ending seemed kinda rushed
Double cup full of purrp, you can see me leanin.
May 13, 2020 6:08 AM

Jan 2017
MOMOpatisierre said:
dusty22 said:
Ngl, the ending was hot garbage. Taho, jukai and nui died for absolutely no reason. Instead of saving tahomaru they decide to waste time while the building burns down.

They didn't die with "no reason" keep in mind this anime setting is classic japan even before Sengoku era, so suicide for pride or atone still done alot with people

tahomaru didn't want to commit suicide. he already made peace with hyakkimaru and fell unconcious, when he returned his eyes to him, so he couldn't save himself. his mother promissed to stay by his side, but instead of continuing their life together, she decides to die with him.
i know that jukai wanted to die, but he also had regrets for not teaching hyakkimaru about human values. he should have stayed alive, so he could travel with hyakkimaru and help him become more like a human.
May 22, 2020 11:45 AM

Mar 2017
ending was confusing, and it's like they're setting it up for a sequel. why didn't they just go with dororo's plan ffs
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
May 22, 2020 10:39 PM

Mar 2017
Rei_III said:

red-tomato said:
it's like they're setting it up for a sequel.

Did we see the same epilogue?
maybe? idk, showing the two both grown up, and those final words of the priest made it seem like it still isn't the end (tho looking back, it might just be an epilogue yea) but there was also the mention of the sengoku era and I interpreted it as sengoku era arc so yeah. plus the way they set off on different paths reminds me of magi so there's also that possibility
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Jun 9, 2020 3:47 AM
Mar 2020
I'm gonna miss this soooo much. Seeing it end actually made me cry. I loved it!! Aaah I rewatched the final scene five times, those last few seconds.

I wish there could be a season 2 (╯︵╰,)
Jun 15, 2020 1:49 AM
Oct 2017
Didn't expect much from this show but it was great from beginning to end. The protagonist was the typical annoying fuck boy. 9/10
Jun 19, 2020 12:22 PM

Jul 2010
I'm satisfied with pretty much everything, except for one thing: why the **** did okaa-san, otou-san and onii-san decide to let themselves burn to death instead of trying to get out of there with Hyakymaaru and Dororo?
Jun 21, 2020 10:13 AM

Jul 2010
Rei_III said:
June 21, 2020
@Wildcat17 Atonement?

Hmm not really, no
Jul 6, 2020 2:35 PM
Sep 2019
the death of tahoumaro and his mother was unnecessary, the ending wasn't satisfying
Jul 6, 2020 2:41 PM
Sep 2019
Wildcat17 said:
I'm satisfied with pretty much everything, except for one thing: why the **** did okaa-san, otou-san and onii-san decide to let themselves burn to death instead of trying to get out of there with Hyakymaaru and Dororo?

yeah same with me, i understand that otou-san and oka-san wanted to die from the start but why the hell take your child with you to hell, why not rescue him and let him succeed his father!!
Jul 8, 2020 5:10 AM
Apr 2019
nyugvo6 said:
that was absolute nonsense.
why the hell did any of these happen?
it being anticlimactic was expected but holy fuk.
taho and hyakki fight for understandable reasons.
hyakki stops wanting to kill taho because he sees the hole in his heart. okay.
after sparing him the last demon starts acting up so the tears his extra eyes out and rejects the demon. is that even possible? whatever.
hyakki kills the last demon by stabbing the red orb in an instant. that's it? really?
puppet guy and mom show up they save hyakki, then die along with taho for no reason when they could have dragged him out. I get puppet guy's urge to die, it was well explained in his backstory BUT "guess I saved hyakkimaru and gave him some blessing I can die at last" that's bullshit.
and the mom is like: "all these years I never paid attention to you, instead of saving you and dedicating myself to be by your side from now on I'll just watch you die and burn with your corpse."
GOOD FUCKING GOING.

Damn. Your thoughts are really just like mine. Kinda relieved that someone thinks of it like this, too. After reading some comments, I guess this anime is kinda overrated. The first half was like "ok, it's kinda good but meh". Then the second half got really interesting and good. But they blew it off with that ending. Just like wtf was that ending? Okay, I get that finally Hyakki finally got his body parts back but were those deaths really necessary? ngl, i'm disappointed.
Aug 2, 2020 6:17 PM

Sep 2008
if they had died tying to get out, it would make more sense
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Aug 5, 2020 1:54 PM
Mar 2014
Oh man. What a ride.. that was amazing
Aug 23, 2020 6:23 PM

Jun 2017
I'm gonna miss watching this!!
Dororo became more pretty as she grew up!, I'm glad they showed us what they would look like. I just wish her and Hyakkimaru had stayed and lived together.
I do agree with everyone saying that the Mom, Tahomaru, and the guy who raised Hyakkimaru didn't have to die. They could've escaped with them.
The ending was bittersweet. I'm glad they both survived in the end :) 10/10
yura_marinetteAug 23, 2020 6:26 PM
Aug 29, 2020 3:28 PM

Jul 2015
Great series of one of the toughest circumstances I've seen a main character deal with (especialy a 16-year old) but kinda disappointed in animation decline and the subpar writing of some episodes. Pretty satisfying conclusion, kinda wished we saw the dad suffering more on his wrong decision seeing that Hyakkimaru turning out to be the heir who could have brought prosper to the land and also some more of the aftermath of Dororo and Hyakkimaru.

Sep 10, 2020 10:51 AM

May 2015
Reapermask said:
kinda disappointed in animation decline and the subpar writing of some episodes.

Based on what I observed, the majority of the episodes with questionable quality were the ones made by Tezuka Pro, and sadly it was the one responsible for most of the second half of the series. The studio at the end credits change per episode and the weakest ones tend to be from that studio.

Comparing those to MAPPA's work in the series is like night and day to the point that I honestly think Furuhashi had more control in MAPPA's output than Tezuka's.

Those with dirty minds will find my Steam pic offensive
Oct 2, 2020 12:00 PM
Oct 2019
I really liked the scene in the hall of hell. Daigo made the wrong choice 16 years ago. Not just the wrong choice, but an evil choice. He could've had everything he wanted had he just raised his son... as his son.

I hate that priest.

I hope this new village that Dororo wants to create doesn't become greedy and selfish like the rest.

Did Hyakki really leave Dororo? Why?! Even if he came back to her years later, why leave in the first place?! You can find your humanity WITH Dororo. (I guess a cop out answer would be that Dororo had her own path she needed to tend to: her father's dream.)

Thought it odd that those 3 died in the castle instead of escaping, but I guess they gave up, offered their lives to repent for their sins.

One last thing. About halfway through this series the two sibling underlings of son #2 mentioned how son 2 had changed. The clear implication was that he changed for the worse. What was even the point of that scene if those two did NOTHING about it and still blindly followed son 2 into the literal depths of hell? It's not like the audience needed them to say that for us to understand son 2 had clearly changed.

Good series. Not great. 7/10
Oct 12, 2020 2:06 AM

Mar 2019
Takes place in the past... but w/ demons. So historical fiction of sorts. Action, supernatural genre. Leaves it up to the viewer to decide if Hyakimaru x Dororo is platonic.

8/10 or something due to some episodes being not so good & I'd say animation decline/fastest frames to draw possible, don't pause on the action.
Oct 27, 2020 5:28 AM
Oct 2020
did the producer make the second season? i hope the producer made it because i am not satisfied with season 1
Nov 4, 2020 8:31 PM
Jul 2020
Shit ending and doesn't make sense at all, he kept his father alive but indirectly killed tahomaru, his mom and his "mom".

I was like what the fuck why don't you save those 3 burned and buried in fire.
Nov 8, 2020 8:43 PM
Oct 2020
Sheeeeshhh this was one hell of a journey. 11/10 i will defintely be rewatching this.
Dec 26, 2020 6:53 PM

Nov 2010
The first 12-13 eps of the anime gave me witcher vibes set in feudal Japan. lol

Anyway, awesome anime. However, the ending didn't satisfy me. I wish it had an epilogue, since I wanted to see more of that grown up Dororo. Oh well... 8/10
MxS7HGSDec 26, 2020 6:57 PM
Jan 17, 2021 10:09 PM

Mar 2018
Absolutely weak ending. Pacing was off. Felt rushed. Really crappy writing at parts too. The first half of this anime started off impeccably. I legit thought this would be something special but the writing, the action and the plot all drastically declined in quality. It’s actually quite bittersweet. The final demon was trash and the rendesvouz with his father was absolutely cringe. They tried to make that scene seem poignant but none of the emotion was warranted. This anime honestly had so much potential. First half was incredible, second half was bang average which got worse by the end. 5.5/10

Recommend me some short Manga!

Feb 20, 2021 2:53 PM

Mar 2019
After the 1969 version, completed with this one.... starting my points
Except first or some episode where was the f***ing dog... lol
I had thoughts previous to this version about how this 50 year old work would be made to and I liked it..... yes it missed many parts of the 1969 version (also the manga maybe), yet added nice storyline of itself. And again different to the manga and the old anime, we had a different ending where nothing is mentioned about hyakkimaru giving his sword to dororo or not, also leaving kagemitsu alive. Nice talks of humanity and Buddha in the whole show. In a way this anime could show the importance of Buddha and all during that time in Japan.
The last four episodes really had amazing fight scenes, and the gore-ness shown was awesome throughout the anime, maybe trying to match the old dororo xD. Also RIP Mio, damn god her character and story with the children. Some of the demon/ghost stories weren’t that interesting in either of this and the old version, so due to that 9/10.
If there was no one else within a 5-kilometer radius from Shimamura, and she was in a deep sleep and an all-knowing deity just happened to reassure me that she wasn’t going to wake up the next 24 hours, maybe I’d get bored after 23 hours and I might kiss her once to relieve some boredom...
Feb 25, 2021 8:53 PM
Nov 2020
I had lots of fun going through these 24 episodes, even cried, felt excitement,frustrated as well. And yeah truth about Dororo quite shocked me😂. Well, I ship her with the MC.
Mar 5, 2021 5:54 AM
Sep 2019
nyugvo6 said:
that was absolute nonsense.
why the hell did any of these happen?
it being anticlimactic was expected but holy fuk.
taho and hyakki fight for understandable reasons.
hyakki stops wanting to kill taho because he sees the hole in his heart. okay.
after sparing him the last demon starts acting up so the tears his extra eyes out and rejects the demon. is that even possible? whatever.
hyakki kills the last demon by stabbing the red orb in an instant. that's it? really?
puppet guy and mom show up they save hyakki, then die along with taho for no reason when they could have dragged him out. I get puppet guy's urge to die, it was well explained in his backstory BUT "guess I saved hyakkimaru and gave him some blessing I can die at last" that's bullshit.
and the mom is like: "all these years I never paid attention to you, instead of saving you and dedicating myself to be by your side from now on I'll just watch you die and burn with your corpse."
GOOD FUCKING GOING.
calm down bro 😂
Mar 27, 2021 3:38 PM

Mar 2010
Wish We could see how dororo is doing all grown up. And kinda sucks they broke away to their own ways. But yeah twas a decent ending..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 28, 2021 5:40 AM
Jul 2018
Hyakkimaru fought to have his humanity back, now he has another journey, another fight that is to mantain his humanity, learning how is to be a human.

And Dororo... running, so confident, without ceasing to smile, following her steps on the "pier" until she meets Hyakkimaru again (who is also smiling! indicating that Hyakkimaru will resist and succeed in establishing his humanity), now both mature in a possible better future together. I also can have another conclusion with this ending: Hyakkimaru means so much to Dororo (as a symbol of persistence, courage, of earning something you wish with your own hands) that she takes him an inspiration for her life.

Now, after concluding this, my feeling is to rub my forehead on this story as the way Hyakkimaru did to Dororo many times.

Mar 28, 2021 9:14 AM
Mar 2021
Underrated Anime but to be honest Dororo is one of the best adventure anime
Apr 10, 2021 11:41 AM
Jun 19, 2021 12:56 AM

Oct 2013
here to reiterate that this is one of the worst final episodes I've ever seen. Dumb to the core.
Jul 10, 2021 9:08 PM
Dec 2020
I loved the story very much i binged it in two days but still i remember when dororo was airing and that was when I saw broly can’t believe it’s been two years like dororo grew up and hyakkimaru went his way and we couldn’t even see them together. For some reason 9/10 lol
Jul 24, 2021 10:08 PM
Jul 2020
damn. i know dororo doesn't get the 2nd season. but i really hope to see hyakkimaru
and dororo on the new journey
Oct 5, 2021 7:59 PM

Dec 2020
that was actually way better than i expected, im glad it turned out good for dororo and hyakkimaru in the end :] 8/10
Nov 4, 2021 12:48 PM

Dec 2013
I sure didn't expect to enjoy a demon story as much as I did. Although the true demon here was a human. Fuck samurais. Even at the end of the journey the lord keeps saying the land has suffered because of Hyakkimaru. What an idiot. Loved how he got lectured by his son lol.
The story was gripping right from the start and the journey of Hyakkimaru to get back his body was great to follow. Elevated of course by awesome characters in the form of Dororo and Jukai who develop the MC as a human. Biwamaru was awesome as well, serving as sort of a narrator for the story. I always smiled when he kept returning in the centre of the events.
A bit sad for Tahoumaru. Treated like shit by his evil parents and then having to turn against his brother. He fought well for his beliefs and his relationship with Hyougo and Mutsu was beautiful. RIP to them.
Dororo found some use for his fortune, being the good kid that she always was, so the actual vilagers can be happy with the outcome.
It was great to see Hyakkimaru take his new path and his glance in the final scene was precious.
The animation of the fights in the last couple episodes was splendidly fluid.
I have to say the story lost some flow after the first encounter of Hyakki and his parents followed by the first battle with Tahoumaru. It almost felt like a SoL anime after such a showdown in the middle of a series. It later picked up again for a satisfying ending.
AizixNov 4, 2021 1:12 PM
Dec 7, 2021 5:45 PM

Jun 2012
Very fucking good ending.
Dec 28, 2021 8:49 AM

Mar 2018
Good anime tho it could have been masterpiece..but not bad 8/10
Jan 6, 2022 7:26 AM
Aug 2020
The show had some weaknesses but nailed the key points for me. 8/10, I really liked the conclusion as well.
Feb 14, 2022 9:05 AM

May 2021
Since majority of the community is a guy so they pay attention to how cute Dororo has grown up in the end but as a female, boy, Hyakkimaru in the end is so hot and handsome! ❤️_❤️ (though the teen him is still hot)

Even if the reunion only last for a few seconds, I'm still glad Hyakkimaru and Dororo are still able to meet up again a few years later ^////^

Reading the comments, I do understand the part Tahoumaru and the mum died. But I can't deny that I believed both can actually be saved. The scene just shows both of them inside the castle without any sort of obvious danger/wound on themselves despite being surrounded by fire. I honestly thought both are safe, until Dororo said that they died. It's just came out like that that it seems unbelievable.

Anyway this anime is really good. 8/10 overall ^_^ I still wish to see the reunion at least last for a few minutes longer, not just a mere seconds ;-;

𝑇𝐼𝑃𝑆 𝐼𝑁 𝐺𝐼𝑁𝑇𝐴𝑀𝐴
- NOT your usual shounen anime
- Pure comedy? DEAD WRONG
- Treat Gintama as SoL/weekly sitcom especially earlier seasons
- Ep 1 & 2 are for manga readers
- BIG patience for its 'slow' start

Mar 1, 2022 2:56 PM
May 2021
This was a really good anime.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dororo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2019

204 by Shadowwolf21 »»
Apr 7, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

108 by Bubblarz »»
Mar 31, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2019

143 by Chlatra »»
Mar 20, 7:38 AM

» What do you think about the dub

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 12

8 by Yeshaiah2015yesh »»
Mar 12, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2019

180 by Yeshaiah2015yesh »»
Mar 12, 3:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.