Forum Settings
Forums

Anime Industry is Over Saturated with trash now days

New
Dec 1, 2019 10:10 PM

Apr 2010
It's getting out of hand. Studios keep pumping out these shitty Light Novel adaptions. Studios keep adapting the same kind of manga/light novels. Anything good or interesting being adapted is few and far between. Your choices are Isekai, Slice of Life, Ecchi, poorly done fantasy and scifi every season. Or just pray something decent comes out next season. Yeah there are still some decent-good projects coming out but a majority is crap.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 1, 2019 10:16 PM

Jun 2015
Dude you have DBZ and YYH as your favorite anime and only watch shounen anime. You can't be the one to nag about "lack of quality anime".
Read Toriko!
Dec 1, 2019 10:19 PM

Oct 2013
I mean if all the studios are doing is adapting the same shit over and over again then please my good sir
please tell us the best place to find what should be adapted to make you happy and get rid of this perceived problem
Dec 1, 2019 10:22 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
2014 called and it wants its thread back

Dec 1, 2019 10:23 PM

Oct 2013
Yup, knew it, another person whining about isekai and ecchi series. If you can't find anything to watch, that's your problem. There's plenty of stuff to pick from if you look hard enough. If you really hate newer stuff that much, there's shit tons of older anime you probably overlooked, so watch those instead.
Dec 1, 2019 10:24 PM
Jan 2018
I... can't agree with this statement. Just because you don't like something, makes it trash or bad. I hate to admit, a lot of shows I personally wouldn't watch. But doesn't mean they're crap. I just personally don't like it.
Dec 1, 2019 10:31 PM

Nov 2007
Most of the anime had always been crap for as long as I have been watching anime. What can you expect from an industry that treats animators as Chinese factory workers. They are only after money and not the quality of the product.

But there are at least 2-3 good shows coming out every season. That's 8-10 shows a year. You do not have to watch everything that comes out. O_o
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 1, 2019 10:33 PM

May 2013
I have a feeling I have seen this thread before.

I mean you could say anime is shit now but everything is shit now. Plus everything has always kinda been shit.

We just find the shit we like and roll with it.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Dec 1, 2019 10:33 PM
Nov 2018
That's really cool but like who asked?
Dec 1, 2019 10:34 PM

Nov 2019
Manaban said:
2014 called and it wants its thread back

These threads have been perennial since at least 2010 in one form or another. He at least has a point about all the cheesy LN adaptions. We need more cheesy VN and vidya adaptions instead or an uptick in original productions. There are also tons of IPs that haven't had a new entry in ages that would be nice.
Nico nico ni~eed a siggy like the all the cool kids
Really wish we had a rep system so I could farm it and spam rep+
Dec 1, 2019 10:36 PM

Aug 2018
These types of posts are over saturated. *yawn*
Anime is trash and so am I.
Dec 1, 2019 11:04 PM
Jul 2018
Did you just call Slice of life trash? Dude!
Dec 1, 2019 11:06 PM

Nov 2019
phantom346 said:
Dude you have DBZ and YYH as your favorite anime and only watch shounen anime. You can't be the one to nag about "lack of quality anime".

North Korea is going to kidnap you when they find out you know how to deliver an ICBM to its target in only 6 minutes.
AquaMailmanDec 1, 2019 11:10 PM
Dec 1, 2019 11:25 PM
May 2019
That has always been a case, most of the old anime sucks as well it's just that now a days more anime is being produced so naturally there is going to be more bad anime.
There are usually a couple of good shows every season so just watch them and ignore the rest.

The biggest problem that plagues anime industry right now are incomplete adaptations and the fact that most anime are nothing more than advertisements for the source material.
Dec 2, 2019 2:51 AM

Apr 2016
You don’t like them, so they’re trash. If some kind of anime is made is because there are a lot of people enjoying that kind of series. Just for example, I didn’t like Arifureta but if a lot of people enjoyed it, it’s good they have the second season. I believe that goes for every series out there.
Dec 2, 2019 2:59 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
theres NO WAY someone whos been on MAL since 2010 doesn't know this thread is made every year

Dec 2, 2019 3:06 AM
Apr 2016
I will only clarify THIS is my only account on this platform.
Re:formed
Dec 2, 2019 3:06 AM

May 2018
Zeroflamez said:
Your choices are Isekai, Slice of Life, Ecchi...and scifi every season.

Non of that is bad by definition, it's the execution that often sucks.
Dec 2, 2019 3:25 AM

Oct 2013
The studios are just trying to make money, blame the people who keep supporting trash.
Dec 2, 2019 3:31 AM
Jul 2018
they sohould just make fuckin dragon ball 2 already
Dec 2, 2019 3:31 AM
Mar 2018
Zeroflamez said:
It's getting out of hand. Studios keep pumping out these shitty Light Novel adaptions. Studios keep adapting the same kind of manga/light novels. Anything good or interesting being adapted is few and far between. Your choices are Isekai, Slice of Life, Ecchi, poorly done fantasy and scifi every season. Or just pray something decent comes out next season. Yeah there are still some decent-good projects coming out but a majority is crap.

Studios keep adapting the same kind of manga/light novels because that's what's popular in japan.

Tbh I dont like watching seasonals at all, i watch shows that finished airing and the good anime of this and next seasons get added to the queue, in this way I never run out of good anime to watch
Dec 2, 2019 3:37 AM
Sep 2016
There are two main options (among others) for you
1. You can somehow convince Japanese people to mainly watch the type on "quality" anime you like.
2. You can start pumping out your own anime.
Dec 2, 2019 4:24 AM
Jul 2018
Here we go again. Making a few of these threads every month is a tradition that I hold dearly.
Dec 2, 2019 5:54 AM
Jul 2018
That was always an issue. But I agree that not every series needs to be fansubbed or licensed outside Japan.
Dec 2, 2019 5:57 AM

Mar 2018
If you don't like it then don't bother watching asshole!!! Just stfu pls FFS! Not everyone has to like what you like!!!!
poop
Dec 2, 2019 6:03 AM

Mar 2019
phantom346 said:
O.p. is mad that brainless explosions and fight scenes got replaced with brainless panty shots.

Xstasy said:
The biggest problem that plagues anime industry right now are incomplete adaptations and the fact that most anime are nothing more than advertisements for the source material.
No one is going to commission an entire t.v. series season just to advertise a strip; the revenue of the t.v. series will be so much higher than the strip. The ones that make the t.v. series are paying the auctor of the strip to make an adaptation, not in reverse, and they never see anything from the increased sales thereof.n

The real reason second seasons are very rare is quite simple: they almost earn less than a first season — so given the choice between the second season of something, and the first of something else, they would rather adapt the first of something else. Be mindful of that every second season means something else will not get a first.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Dec 2, 2019 6:12 AM
Feb 2008
It's been full of the same crap for decades. Ecchi and poorly done fantasy and sci fi shows have been around forever. The only thing different now from years ago is that isekai shows are highly prevalent as opposed to something like battle harems.
Dec 2, 2019 6:14 AM

Jan 2018
phantom346 said:

YYH is great lmao, you don't have much room to talk bruv, you got SnK season 1 as your favorite and it's easily the worst one.
Zeroflamez said:

To address this issue, go back and look at the stuff that was airing in let's say the 90's. Most of it was junk and there were far less series to choose from.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
FancyjasperDec 5, 2019 3:31 AM
What a beautiful Duwang
Dec 2, 2019 6:37 AM

May 2009
Zeroflamez said:
...why don't you just watch something that's not from whatever season is currently airing, if you're so dissatisfied with it?

MilesPrower2011 said:
I... can't agree with this statement. Just because you don't like something, makes it trash or bad. I hate to admit, a lot of shows I personally wouldn't watch. But doesn't mean they're crap. I just personally don't like it.
This.

Though I've gotten used to the internet using "bad"/"trash"/etc. as a shorthand for "I don't like it".

Daniel_Naumov said:
I will only clarify THIS is my only account on this platform.
Why are you mentioning this here? How is this relevant to the thread? Considering that you have zero posts in this thread before this one, this seems particularlystrange.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Dec 2, 2019 7:03 AM
Apr 2016
Esquirtit said:
If you don't like it then don't bother watching asshole!!! Just stfu pls FFS! Not everyone has to like what you like!!!!

YEAH TELL HIM!! MORE INSULTS AND ADD SALT ON TOP! HUMILIATION AS A TOPPING!!
Re:formed
Dec 2, 2019 7:24 AM

Nov 2007
EcchiGodMamster said:
theres NO WAY someone whos been on MAL since 2010 doesn't know this thread is made every year

Or it's just that it hit home just now? After being in MAL for nine years, haha!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 2, 2019 7:25 AM

Sep 2019
Eh not really, fam. Yeah some animes are trash but not all of them are complete shit. What about some of the newer ones that are actually pretty good like No Guns Life? Or Special 7? What about Beastars?
Dec 2, 2019 7:29 AM

Sep 2018
If it is created this means there's a demand for it.
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Dec 2, 2019 7:46 AM

Jul 2016
The only thing getting out of hand is the number of threads like this one that pop up each year.

No, anime isn't dying. If you want something good just make an effort to look in the right places.
Dec 2, 2019 8:02 AM

Jun 2015
RantingMarauder said:
Eh not really, fam. Yeah some animes are trash but not all of them are complete shit. What about some of the newer ones that are actually pretty good like No Guns Life? Or Special 7? What about Beastars?
Lmao dude! You literally picked some of the worst recent anime to give an example. say more like Babylon, Chihayafuru, ShinchouYuusha and Animal Road.
Read Toriko!
Dec 2, 2019 8:21 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
shanimebib said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

Or it's just that it hit home just now? After being in MAL for nine years, haha!

well you know me, i don't think anything is "shit" but if you do, you should know after even 1-2 years of watching anime how "the same" many of them are

not that anime is ANY MORE guilty of that that anything else
Dec 2, 2019 8:43 AM

Oct 2017
Ecchi has been cut down since 2010 but okay. Seriously every year someone is going to say this. It always was over saturated with mediocre content there wasn't a treasure trove of amazing stuff in the past. It's just easy to wade through older stuff than seasonals in finding content you like. Plus you literally gave Kimestu no Yaiba and Mob Psycho 100 S2 two 9's and are complaining about anime this year????

Seems to me you got two shows you enjoyed that you apparently highly rated. Just because you don't get the appeal of SOL anime doesn't mean they should no longer exist. I love SOL shows and want to continue seeing them as does a good majority of this community. You have plenty of action oriented shonen out there for you.
BilboBaggins365Dec 2, 2019 8:47 AM
Dec 2, 2019 8:56 AM
Sep 2019
Said by Shounen dude and have hentai in his avatar
Dec 2, 2019 9:33 AM

Apr 2010
shanimebib said:
Most of the anime had always been crap for as long as I have been watching anime. What can you expect from an industry that treats animators as Chinese factory workers. They are only after money and not the quality of the product.

But there are at least 2-3 good shows coming out every season. That's 8-10 shows a year. You do not have to watch everything that comes out. O_o

There tended to be not as many low quality Anime though when they produced less every season in past decades. I don't watch everything that comes out cause most of it doesn't appeal to me. At most 4-5 new Anime a year I watch.

Jus1294 said:
Zeroflamez said:

To address this issue, go back and look at the stuff that was airing in let's say the 90's. Most of it was junk and there were far less series to choose from.

I've seen the charts for the stuff that was airing in the 80s and 90s. Yeah it was less stuff to choose from for stuff that was airing on television, but there was a ton of OVA's that covered a variety of Genres and source material that didn't already have an adaption. Now any OVA we get are for shows that already have Anime adaptions.

alshu said:
Zeroflamez said:
Your choices are Isekai, Slice of Life, Ecchi...and scifi every season.

Non of that is bad by definition, it's the execution that often sucks.

That's my problem. Too many of these shows are executed poorly and they all share too much of the same plot, characters and ideas.

Deknijff said:
I mean if all the studios are doing is adapting the same shit over and over again then please my good sir
please tell us the best place to find what should be adapted to make you happy and get rid of this perceived problem

I don't believe Light Novel Adaptions should completely be gone but I would like to see less every season being adapted. I'd like to see more studios take a risk and produce more niche titles even if it's just some OVA's.

Anill said:
Looking from your taste OP, you ain't the one who should be complaining here. Just saying...

and no, no it hasn't.

Unsure if you're trolling. You've watched one anime and your plan to watch is full of the same genre.

petran79 said:
That was always an issue. But I agree that not every series needs to be fansubbed or licensed outside Japan.

Exactly. I feel as if in the past a lot of the crappy shows that aired were filtered out due to company's not licensing them or people not fan subbing them. Now everything is accessible.

EcchiGodMamster said:

I only started posting on here again this year. I never much of a message board person. My last activity on these boards prior to this year was 7 years ago. So no I don't know what threads are repeatedly posted.

RantingMarauder said:

Yeah I never said they were all shit. Just a lot of the same type of anime is produced. I've been watching No Guns Life. It's pretty decent.

Edmund_rittel said:
Said by Shounen dude and have hentai in his avatar
My avatar isn't even Hentai. It's an ecchi harem I watched 9 years ago and haven't changed the avatar since then. Just cause I've seen a few ecchi doesn't mean that I even enjoyed them. Most of them were bad but I'm a completionist. Because I like Shounen doesn't mean I can't have an opinion? Yes I like Shounen but even I admit most of it coming out now and a lot of them in general are not any better than these Light Novel adaptions coming out now.

ZeroflamezDec 2, 2019 9:42 AM
Dec 2, 2019 9:36 AM

May 2016
See my signature. There is always top-shelf stuff, just as there is always trash. It's as true in 2019 as it was in 1979.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Dec 2, 2019 9:37 AM

Jan 2009
Sturgeons Law says 90% of everything is crap anyway (rule of thumb that is) so anime is no exception especially that we are like in a market bubble era right now for anime

and lol you make it sound like studios are usually the owners of anime when in fact their mostly just hired contractors with a set fee given to them by the real owners called the production committee especially when it comes to anime adaptations and majority of anime are anime adaptations instead of original anime
Dec 2, 2019 9:40 AM

May 2009
Daniel_Naumov said:
Esquirtit said:

YEAH TELL HIM!! MORE INSULTS AND ADD SALT ON TOP! HUMILIATION AS A TOPPING!!
> not suggesting adding paprika or cumin

> not using anchovies as a topping

1/10 would fire chef

TolkienFan365 said:
Seriously every year someone is going to say this. It always was over saturated with mediocre content there wasn't a treasure trove of amazing stuff in the past. It's just easy to wade through older stuff than seasonals in finding content you like.
This.

Zeroflamez said:
Yeah I never said they were all shit. Just a lot of the same type of anime is produced. I've been watching No Guns Life. It's pretty decent.
Fads have happened since forever. Moë was a fad for a while. Mecha was a fad back in the day.
Dec 2, 2019 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
I've said this in about two hundred threads already, but it only seems that way because of the sheer volume of anime being produced. Which is straight-up ridiculous.

The percentage of bad anime being pumped out never changed. It's the same all the way from the 80s to current times.
The problem is since there are so many shows released on a yearly basis, it becomes harder to wade through the mud.

In short, it's much more pleasing to scroll through 10 bad shows and 5 good ones than 40 (!!!!!!) bad ones and 20 good ones. It's all about the freaking volume and how it is perceived.
Dec 2, 2019 9:43 AM

Oct 2010
You talk about slice of life like it's not the best thing to happen to a medium oversaturated with silly power fantasies.
Dec 2, 2019 9:45 AM

May 2016
jal90 said:
You talk about slice of life like it's not the best thing to happen to a medium oversaturated with silly power fantasies.
This is the quality posting we need on this site.
Dec 2, 2019 9:48 AM

Jun 2014
Totally agree mate! But there is nothing we can do. I just stopped watching anime as frequently as i used to. Same thing over and over again, Rinse and Repeat. Even Anime that people rave about, generally are mediocre at best. Personally i went from 130+ anime in 2018 to 30+ anime in 2019, and that also mostly the next seasons for the likes of Mushishi And Natsume Yuujinchou which i had pending for so long. A tip would be to switch to other form of mediums. Manhwa, WebToons , Movies , English Dramas etc,just like i did, becoz shit will continue to go downhill from here on.
Dec 2, 2019 9:49 AM

Apr 2010
Zeroflamez said:
Fads have happened since forever. Moë was a fad for a while. Mecha was a fad back in the day.[/quote]

My problem isn't that these fad anime are being produced but the sheer volume of it being produced. In past decades the Fad Anime would only get like 1-2 shows a season opposed to like 15 today.

Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:
I've said this in about two hundred threads already, but it only seems that way because of the sheer volume of anime being produced. Which is straight-up ridiculous.

The percentage of bad anime being pumped out never changed. It's the same all the way from the 80s to current times.
The problem is since there are so many shows released on a yearly basis, it becomes harder to wade through the mud.

In short, it's much more pleasing to scroll through 10 bad shows and 5 good ones than 40 (!!!!!!) bad ones and 20 good ones. It's all about the freaking volume and how it is perceived.

I absolutely agree with this. Every season it's like I sit there and just shift through all the over produced genres that look the same hoping to maybe get lucky and find something that looks different.

jal90 said:

LOL slice of life being the best thing to happen to a medium.. Are you joking?
ZeroflamezDec 2, 2019 9:54 AM
Dec 2, 2019 9:50 AM

Nov 2016
Wow, there are still people making these kind of threads.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 2, 2019 9:57 AM

May 2009
FMmatron said:
Wow, there are still people making these kind of threads.
o/` ~Now until the eeeend of tiiiiime~ o/`
Dec 2, 2019 10:02 AM

Apr 2010
TolkienFan365 said:
Ecchi has been cut down since 2010 but okay. Seriously every year someone is going to say this. It always was over saturated with mediocre content there wasn't a treasure trove of amazing stuff in the past. It's just easy to wade through older stuff than seasonals in finding content you like. Plus you literally gave Kimestu no Yaiba and Mob Psycho 100 S2 two 9's and are complaining about anime this year????

Seems to me you got two shows you enjoyed that you apparently highly rated. Just because you don't get the appeal of SOL anime doesn't mean they should no longer exist. I love SOL shows and want to continue seeing them as does a good majority of this community. You have plenty of action oriented shonen out there for you.

You misunderstand me. I don't believe these genres shouldn't exist. I've enjoyed Visual Novel adaptions like Fate, I've enjoyed slice of life like GTO, I've enjoyed Ecchi like How Heavy are the Dumb Bells you lift? It's just there's too many of the kind of Genres I listed that are overly produced every season. I have no problem with people that enjoy Slice of Life or Ecchi LN adaptions. It's just too much of it is being produced leaving next to nothing for others than want to see other genres adapted.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

239 by TitanOfPlasma »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

60 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
8 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Today

14 by billybub »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - 2 hours ago

9 by Rhaelynne »»
12 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

54 by L1feHasNoMeaning »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.