Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 26, 2019 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's cool to see Chihaya going on a little trip with her goals.

Got to see a little bit more of Arata's past again. However, the biggest interest that caught my attention this episode is Sou's appearance. The guy has such a reputation and presence that it's hard to keep eyes off of him. Oh and Shinobu is back again of course.
Nov 26, 2019 9:05 AM

Nov 2007
Wow... So gold and bright for Kinkakuji.

Mamo's character letting that enemy that lost to him last time to participate.

There's also previous queen, who lost to main girl last time.

Mamo's character's mother found out where he is, and she is mad.

Hosoya-san's character, not feeling well from eating too much, just found out Mamo's character on the list.

lol @ the current queen. That guy drove her here. He turns out to be the current meijin, beaten up Hosoya-san's character's grandpa. Quitting meijin after this? Everyone's pissed except Hosoya-san's character. Meijin is not liking his style, though.

Kouhai girl thought it's her chance because she got her contact.

Wow, Mamo's character... encouraging that guy closing eyes. Kouhai girl saw how serious he is and blocked his mother.

On the other hand, main girl cannot seem to concentrate on the trip.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 26, 2019 12:43 PM

Oct 2017
I love Suo.

"Chairman, would you like a doriyaki?"

Oh yeah and it had better be Taichi's time ok I'm not sure if I can handle him taking another L

(stupid downvoters, the trolling worked, u got me pretty mad)
Nov 26, 2019 1:24 PM

Oct 2012
I love what Hanano does for Taichi. She was so beautiful and awesome this episode, ugh, I love you! And Suo finally gets some screentime! I love tired Rion xD Things are building up already...~
Nov 26, 2019 1:39 PM
Mar 2015
Arata is feeling Yuu's revenge
The main issues between the karuta elite and Suo were set out here
Loved Sumire 's interference with Taichi's mother
Nov 26, 2019 1:42 PM

Feb 2008
There wasn't much screentime for Chihaya more focus on Taichi here.
Well good for Taichi I hope he decide what he want to do.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 26, 2019 2:32 PM
Apr 2016
Got to know a bit more about Suo, and he's indeed a very interesting character. The drama between Taichi's mother was interesting.
Nov 26, 2019 2:42 PM
Apr 2018
This episode kinda showed the reason and drive behind everyone's passion to play karuta.
Respect Harada sensei, even for his age he gives it his all with full passion.
Even Hiro though he lost hope for himself, feel bad for him, hope he gets his passion for karuta back.

Taichi gave him some good supportive advice.

Speaking of taichi, glad to see his seriousness being noticed by everyone and that he is trying hard for himself. Wish his mother saw it too but unfortunately for her its a waste of time. I understand she wants a secure future for him, but sometimes you need to understand your childs perspective too. Hope she see's it someday.

Arata just went into his beautiful water like calm mode.Those sounds and his playstyle. God I missed that so much. Even shinobu described him as "A River in my way".
He is finally realizing the difference between his promise to his grandpa and his own dreams. Finally his character development has begun to show, so happy for him.and a bonus he even caught Suo's attention as a compliment of future Meijin :3

Also I knew suo was a weirdo, but he like exceeds it in a extra bizarre manner and a little cocky as well.
Dunno what he is thinking, complimenting arata first then criticizing him of his play style . I love his voice though, really quiet and calm.

Finally the MVP of the episode, Sumire. tbh I really didn't give much attention to her in season 2 as a new character.

But she is growing to have a good character personality. First wanting to impress taichis mom and immediately standing against her for taichis sake. Really amazing of her. And even taichi was really moved when he saw her. You have someone really great rooting for you taichi. :)

Cant wait for the next episode. hoping both Arata and taichi make it for the qualifiers.
Nov 26, 2019 2:42 PM

Mar 2015
Blackbird said:

Taichi's so cool I don't mind at all though ^-^. He better do well this time and win!

Sumires development has been so good as well and she stood up for Taichi, what a girl :) Suo's extremely funny too haha this guy, I love him.

Good episode!
Nov 26, 2019 3:07 PM

Feb 2011
Tenbun-kun said:
Blackbird said:

Taichi's so cool I don't mind at all though ^-^. He better do well this time and win!

Sumires development has been so good as well and she stood up for Taichi, what a girl :) Suo's extremely funny too haha this guy, I love him.

Good episode!

I honestly don't think Chihaya is a good fit for Taichi. I think I'm definitely a Sumire x Taichi shipper.
HatsuyukiNov 26, 2019 3:16 PM
Nov 26, 2019 3:10 PM

Feb 2018
Wow this episode seemed to fly by. It felt like like 5 minutes.

So many great little character moments, but shout out to Sumire. She's never been one of my personal favorite characters, but it takes some guts to stand up to Taichi's frightening mother. Based on his face at the end, is Taichi finally going to notice her? Rooting for you girl.

Also, more Shinobu and Suo. They're two of the more entertaining characters in the show.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Nov 26, 2019 3:10 PM

Oct 2019
Hatsuyuki said:
Tenbun-kun said:

Good episode!

I honestly don't think Chihaya is a good fir for Taichi. I think I'm definitely a Sumire x Taichi shipper.

Definitely agree. Havent really thought much about Sumire x Taichi but honestly it could be a ship that I might actually like.
Nov 26, 2019 3:32 PM

Nov 2007

^No one's stopping him when he is on his bike! Just love him whatever he does! And he never argues nor contends the cards! The way he was immersed in thinking how Taichi was faring in the Eastern Qualifiers just sums up his character! <3

Also, it's here! Suou-meijin's infamous "Are you a Class A?"! Freaken' love him! Anyone noticed what he said to Arata?! Arata will eventually become a Meijin but NOT! THE! NEXT! ONE! The nasty Suou is as good as Dou-S-no-Sudou-senpai!

Also, this episode showed why the entire Karuta society dislikes Suou-meujin. The announcement of retiring after becoming Eternal Meijin like Wataya Hajime! Loved it how everyone was thinking about taking Suou-meijin down when the only thing on Arata's mind was keeping his promise with his grandfather! :')

Also, absolutely nobody will remove their shirt if it's not for Dou-S-no-Sudou-senpai! :D

Also, Shinobu-chan in her awesome fashion sense as always! Loved her response to Suou-meijin asking if Arata was a friend of hers. "Just a river on her way!" Loved it how Arata's Karuta pulls everyone inside the room under water, something Chihaya and Taichi felt when he played against Shinobu-chan! <3

Also, Kyoko-tan!! :P

Also, anyone's still gonna still keep on saying mean things about Sumire-chan even after this episode?! After this episode, I am gonna start referring her as Hanano-chan! Just for the record, she is the first one in the entire series to stand against that tyrant Taichi-mom! Hanano-chan really needs more love! <3

Also, loved how Taichi is trying to find reasons for why he is there playing in the qualifiers! My boy Taichi is gonna go distances when he truly starts playing Karuta for himself! His internal conflict makes me want to give him a teddy hug and tell him that he will be alright! <3

Also, Chihaya be like O_O this entire episode! <3

Also, obligatory Rion <3! Someone feed my Rion<3 some onigiri please! My Rion<3 needs them!
shanimebibNov 26, 2019 3:35 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 26, 2019 3:35 PM
Apr 2018
Fionavar said:
Hatsuyuki said:

I honestly don't think Chihaya is a good fir for Taichi. I think I'm definitely a Sumire x Taichi shipper.

Definitely agree. Havent really thought much about Sumire x Taichi but honestly it could be a ship that I might actually like.

Sumire is really growing up to be a good character and even Taichi has noticed how much she cares and roots for him & today she showed it. Might be a good pair for sure
Nov 26, 2019 3:58 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

Watching Taichi show his resolve towards Karuta and becoming a Meijin is awesome. Loved the part where Hanano stands upto Taichi's Mom, that was great. Taichi gaining determination from watching her made me smile as well.

Arata and Suou-Meijin's little interaction was quite interesting.

Can't wait for more.
Nov 26, 2019 4:03 PM

Mar 2015
Hatsuyuki said:

I honestly don't think Chihaya is a good fit for Taichi. I think I'm definitely a Sumire x Taichi shipper.

Amen brother. Not getting my hopes up though, don't see Taichi changing his mind about Chihaya anytime soon :( But we can always pray hehe
Nov 26, 2019 4:11 PM

Oct 2017
I don't wanna be selfish, but it didn't like me that much the reaction of Taichi for another woman words lol.
I'am mean? I know?
I hated Taichi's mom since minute one she appeared in this story!

And what about the attitude of the actual master?
He's king Karuta's at this time, and of course of his talent overhuman he's a bit
unbreakeble, but in my opinion nobody shouldn't be that arrogant.
Please someone kicks his ass hard for me?
-¡Give yourself to me!
Nov 26, 2019 4:19 PM

Oct 2017
Kipo0007 said:
Fionavar said:

Sumire is really growing up to be a good character and even Taichi has noticed how much she cares and roots for him & today she showed it. Might be a good pair for sure
I would like to think in the same way, because I know Chihaya is in love with Arata.
But Sumire still being a plastic girl on my mind or maybe mostly it's because to me they don't suit at all for each other.
Nevertheless, this ep I had a better impression of her than before.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Nov 26, 2019 4:36 PM
Mar 2018
So sad that Chihaya won't be part of this year competition i think I won't watch the rest of the episodes of the this season....

and i hate Taichi
Nov 26, 2019 4:42 PM

Sep 2017
There was a serious lack of Chihaya this episode. Meijin is a bit of eccentric tho. Not that I'm surprised by that. I do wonder what happens to his Meijin title after he retires? I guess no one is the Meijin and they hold a new tournament to decide? Idk

Side note. The angry nerd who made all the bot accounts to rate this 1/10 is pretty funny tbh, but MAL should probably do something to not count the ratings.
Nov 26, 2019 5:56 PM

Apr 2019
I swear each episode goes by faster than the last one 😫

Suo's appearance in this episode really interesting, his quite voice is hilarious

Taichi getting some action is this episode too, hopefully he and Arata can make it to the qualifiers.

I miss seeing Chihaya play :'(
Nov 26, 2019 6:14 PM

Nov 2007
Ant161718 said:
And what about the attitude of the actual master? He's king Karuta's at this time, and of course of his talent over human he's a bit unbreakeble, but in my opinion nobody shouldn't be that arrogant. Please someone kicks his ass hard for me?

Are you a Class A?

You admit that his talent is beyond human capabilities yet you want someone to kick his arse just because he is arrogant. You don't.

ebtesam20 said:
So sad that Chihaya won't be part of this year competition i think I won't watch the rest of the episodes of the this season....

Do. Not. Make. This. Mistake!

ProofByColor said:
I do wonder what happens to his Meijin title after he retires? I guess no one is the Meijin and they hold a new tournament to decide?

Five titles would mean he would be considered an Eternal Meijin just like Wataya Hajime - Arata's grandfather. So, he can retire when he likes it. It does seem like he is playing Karuta just because he enjoys being a jerk, haha!

Anyways, to answer to your question, normally, the winners of the two qualifiers face off each other for the right to challenge the title of the Meijin/Queen. In a situation where the current Meijin/Queen retires, the title will be contested by the two winners of the East (where Taichi is contending) and the West Qualifiers (where Arata is contending). Do you see where we are likely to be going? :P

Anyways, I loved the pointers in this episode:
>Suou-meijin only started playing Karuta when he entered college.
>Harada-sensei, at his young age of 57, is a doctor and a competitive Karuta player.
>Hanano-chan's declares that a certain someone might play Karuta for the rest of their life.
Coronavirus.
Nov 26, 2019 6:33 PM

Oct 2017
shanimebib said:
Ant161718 said:
And what about the attitude of the actual master? He's king Karuta's at this time, and of course of his talent over human he's a bit unbreakeble, but in my opinion nobody shouldn't be that arrogant. Please someone kicks his ass hard for me?

Are you a Class A?

You admit that his talent is beyond human capabilities yet you want someone to kick his arse just because he is arrogant. You don't.

ebtesam20 said:

ProofByColor said:
I do wonder what happens to his Meijin title after he retires? I guess no one is the Meijin and they hold a new tournament to decide?

Five titles would mean he would be considered an Eternal Meijin just like Wataya Hajime - Arata's grandfather. So, he can retire when he likes it. It does seem like he is playing Karuta just because he enjoys being a jerk, haha!

Anyways, to answer to your question, normally, the winners of the two qualifiers face off each other for the right to challenge the title of the Meijin/Queen. In a situation where the current Meijin/Queen retires, the title will be contested by the two winners of the East (where Taichi is contending) and the West Qualifiers (where Arata is contending). Do you see where we are likely to be going? :P

>Harada-sensei, at his young age of 57, is a doctor and a competitive Karuta player.
>Hanano-chan's declares that a certain someone might play Karuta for the rest of their life.
Lol. You got me.
At least I have the feeling that even if he's over human abilities are a good incentive, things are better when they seems quite impossible to surpass.
And when you can break the cocky ones even that circuntances, the victory becomes greatest.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Nov 26, 2019 7:04 PM
Mar 2018
Ant161718 said:

i don't know but i hate that i can't see Chihaya there
Nov 26, 2019 7:56 PM

Feb 2017
Dolabella said:

(stupid downvoters, the trolling worked, u got me pretty mad)

IKR!? I still remember when it was a 8.60...
Then the MAL FB page said that it was on par/surpassing Vinland Saga
and then disaster struck.

If it werent because i'm really enjoying Vinland i would have been the first
one to go and leave it a 1, to fight back.
Nov 26, 2019 10:52 PM

Jul 2012
I wonder if Chihaya will sneak out and watch the West Japan Karuta matches...
Nov 26, 2019 11:07 PM

Nov 2007
Mayuka said:

Why would she when she is from the part of representing the Eastern Qualifiers? Because she is in Kyoto?
Coronavirus.
Nov 26, 2019 11:52 PM

Dec 2011
Another amazing episode. This season has been great and only going to get more awesome but every time i come here I get depressed because of childish person downvoting this anime as they have nothing but poop on their hands.
Nov 27, 2019 12:24 AM

Mar 2015
shanimebib said:

Ooooh I noticed those separately, but I didn't think too much of it. That's so cheeky, thanks for pointing it out :)
Nov 27, 2019 1:36 AM

Jul 2012
shanimebib said:
Mayuka said:

Why would she when she is from the part of representing the Eastern Qualifiers? Because she is in Kyoto?
Because she is already in Kyoto. I think she will go watch the matches at least but not participate.
Nov 27, 2019 3:44 AM

Nov 2018
Shinobu wanted to try the side car and in... that outfit. I see.
Suou sure is a weirdo.
I like Hanano's decision, that was the right thing to do unlike what she was initially considering. She conveyed well, good character development.
Nov 27, 2019 4:34 AM

May 2018
Love how Hanano try to do the right thing. Hanano x Taichi ships incoming?
Nov 27, 2019 7:40 AM

Nov 2007
Mayuka said:
shanimebib said:

Because she is already in Kyoto. I think she will go watch the matches at least but not participate.

Are you a Class A?

She cannot participate because a) the registration closes the day before official tournaments (there is exception in school level, where the registration can be done 1 hour before the first game) and b) Shiranami is registered with East Japan which Chihaya is a part of, so she cannot participate in the West qualifiers.
Coronavirus.
Nov 27, 2019 8:13 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
And it just keeps getting better!

Mad respect to Sumire-chan, first and foremost! Incredible resolve there to stand up to the might of Taichi's mother like that, way to go girl! Waiting like that outside to prevent her entry for who knows how long even, just .. hats off to her. It's good to see Taichi aware of this, I'm sure this'll help him topple that rising challenger next episode thanks to his clearer mind.

Harada-sensei though. God, that hurt. When he collapsed to the ground, I thought he slipped off the stairs or something and my heart nearly sank there. Now that's some serious passion and dedication. For his well-being though, I hope he'll officially retire after this Competition.

Suou-meijin and Shinobu-chan's entry to the West Qualifiers on the other hand was awesome! Shinobu-chan likes the side seat xD, couldn't help but lol there. Suou-meijin, meanwhile, appears to be just as awkward as the rumors and the buildup but that little proclaim from him out of the blue was shuddering. Good lord, he's darn confident alright. His ultra sense picking up his beloved's voice goes to show just how formidable he'd be even to the Queen (pretty sure she mentions this herself during the Queen's matchup in season 2 as well), yikes. Lol @ the reactions of the board members though, that's seriously harsh but I can see why. Congrats to him on finally nearly-graduating too lol!

Shinobu-chan's comment on Arata being the "an obstacle, a river, in the way" was pretty lit too, got to love these extra visual effects! Feel bad for his opponent though, sneaking a little foul there was hilarious to watch as well. Which brings me to a question actually - Does Suou-meijin contest his card? I'd love to see how if he does. Anyway, that fated encounter between the two! Jeez, didn't think the meijin would just drop the bombshell like that. I wonder what he really means though.

Poor Chihaya is finally coming back now but looks like she's still got a lot in mind. I can't wait to see how she'll approach Taichi regarding all this.

As always, bloody fudging looking forward to more! 1/3rd of the way done only and yet this is already making a run for the classics, can't wait to see where it'll end up by the end of this season!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 27, 2019 8:40 AM

May 2019
A great episode as always. I loved that the story focused more on Taichi and Arata this time. I believe at least one of them will win in his region. And as always, my boy Taichi deserves better. Open your eyes, Chihaya!

Suo is really hot tho.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Nov 27, 2019 10:10 AM

Apr 2015
So glad we got a lot of Taichi <3

Although we part as I leave for Inaba,
where pines grow on the moutain peaks
If I am to hear that you pine for me
I shall come back to you again
Hyakunin Isshu (小倉百人一首):
Poem #16 "Tachiwakare"
©
Nov 27, 2019 10:47 AM
Oct 2013
Really happy with the episode. I quite like that there's more focus on Taichi and his development.

So glad to see Hanano stand up to Taichi's mum! I hope there won't be any bad repercussions from this.

I hope this builds up nicely to an Arata x Taichi match to qualify as the master challenger. *_* Although knowing the show, one or both may not make it that far.
Nov 27, 2019 12:57 PM

Jul 2012
shanimebib said:
Mayuka said:

Are you a Class A?

She cannot participate because a) the registration closes the day before official tournaments (there is exception in school level, where the registration can be done 1 hour before the first game) and b) Shiranami is registered with East Japan which Chihaya is a part of, so she cannot participate in the West qualifiers.
Like I said, she will WATCH the games, not PLAY.
Nov 27, 2019 2:40 PM

Nov 2007
Mayuka said:
shanimebib said:

Are you a Class A?

Like I said, she will WATCH the games, not PLAY.

Oh, I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought you meant she would participate if she was eligible or something.

_MushiRock11_ said:
Harada-sensei though. God, that hurt. When he collapsed to the ground, I thought he slipped off the stairs or something and my heart nearly sank there. Now that's some serious passion and dedication. For his well-being though, I hope he'll officially retire after this Competition.

Are you a Class A?

Does anyone other than Kitano-sensei have the guts to tell that Shiranami no Kuma that it's time for him to stay away from the tatami? I doubt it!

_MushiRock11_ said:
Suou-meijin and Shinobu-chan's entry to the West Qualifiers on the other hand was awesome! Shinobu-chan likes the side seat xD, couldn't help but lol there. Suou-meijin, meanwhile, appears to be just as awkward as the rumors and the buildup but that little proclaim from him out of the blue was shuddering. Good lord, he's darn confident alright. His ultra sense picking up his beloved's voice goes to show just how formidable he'd be even to the Queen (pretty sure she mentions this herself during the Queen's matchup in season 2 as well), yikes. Lol @ the reactions of the board members though, that's seriously harsh but I can see why. Congrats to him on finally nearly-graduating too lol!

Oh, he is nasty alright! I like him for being so arrogant because he earned the right to be this arrogant. It's the same reason I applaud sports personalities like Ayrton Senna or Cristiano Ronaldo!

_MushiRock11_ said:
Shinobu-chan's comment on Arata being the "an obstacle, a river, in the way" was pretty lit too, got to love these extra visual effects! Feel bad for his opponent though, sneaking a little foul there was hilarious to watch as well.

Haha! That guy knew that he needed to sneak in a card or two to get whatever advantage he could manage. But when Arata is like that, when the free flowing Karuta (likened to Chihayaburu) takes over, it's nearly impossible to beat him. As the Chairman of the Federation of All Japan Senior High School Karuta Division confirmed, there is absolutely no one in his age group who is a match for Arata anymore as I said before - that includes Shinobu-chan as well (which she admits herself as Jama na Kawa).

_MushiRock11_ said:
Which brings me to a question actually - Does Suou-meijin contest his card? I'd love to see how if he does. Anyway, that fated encounter between the two! Jeez, didn't think the meijin would just drop the bombshell like that. I wonder what he really means though.

You'll find out soon enough!

Also, Hanano-chan's stand off was amazing in this episode but the best part of the episode for me was undeniably "You'll eventually become the Meijin. But you won't be the next. Watching you don't excite me at all."

The last part is also very important why Suou-meijin said that Arata's Karuta doesn't excite him. You get it, right? Arata's refined karuta is basically flawless which makes it boring for Suou-meijin. That Suou-meijin's talk with Arata would go a long way in the story!
Coronavirus.
Nov 27, 2019 3:15 PM

Oct 2013
Excellent episode! :)

Chihaya was able to go on a trip and have fun with her friends.

Suo is not a bad guy. Them karuta's officials are jerks by wishing him to lose.

Shinobu-chan, don't say about Arata that he is only a river or an obstacle. :( By the way, I loved the visuals used during that scene.

I loved Sumire's interference with Taichi's mother. ;p
Nov 27, 2019 5:13 PM
Dec 2018
Sumire was the star of this episode, she really put herself out there and even acted against her own interests by standing up to Taichi's mum.

But we've all seen enough anime and Manga to know that unrequited love is always an issue and Taichi is still too obsessed with Chihaya to actually take on board what Sumire did for him. Maybe sometime in the future this might change but I wouldn't hold my breath. His feelings for Chihaya will always make Sumire second best, so it would need someone completely new to breakthrough his feelings for Chihaya. Sumire has the look of a 'losing' character to me. Someone who is almost inevitably going to be rejected.

Good to see Taichi taking this so seriously and even having time to encourage other players. He is definitely growing as a Karuta player but he still has some way to go to catch up to the other two. I'm hoping that, at some stage, he will finally beat one of them but I'm not sure that will ever happen. Hopefully, he will now start to play for himself and forget about the other two. That is the best way forward for him. But I don't see him staying in the game in the long term. His mum will, no doubt, have some say in that and maybe she is right, his path leads somewhere else.
Nov 27, 2019 5:36 PM

Nov 2007
Gab5 said:
But I don't see him staying in the game in the long term. His mum will, no doubt, have some say in that and maybe she is right, his path leads somewhere else.

30 characters limit for not giving up!
Coronavirus.
Nov 28, 2019 12:35 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
When Suou told Arata that he wouldn't become the next meijin, then who? Taichi? If Taichi becomes the meijin before Arata, it would be very heartbreaking.

5/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Nov 28, 2019 3:19 AM
Nov 2019
Can't believe I'm saying this, but Sumire sure kicked ass this episode. And Taichi was pretty cool for once as well, encouraging Sudo-kun with a hug. Their rivalry and dynamics are plain awesome.

Mayuka said:

Ah, I'd love that. Arata could use some booster I suppose, with his queasy stomach and Meijin's nagging.^^
Nov 28, 2019 7:02 AM
Dec 2018
shanimebib said:
Gab5 said:
But I don't see him staying in the game in the long term. His mum will, no doubt, have some say in that and maybe she is right, his path leads somewhere else.

I believe he will ultimately be the first one to quit. The other 2 are beyond addicted to the game.

It would be too neat and convenient if Sumire got together with Taichi. I think it is often the girl who encourages the most who is the admirer. Dark horse prediction, I think that, eventually, he will get a confession from someone else, who has been supporting him, in the club.
Nov 28, 2019 9:07 AM

Nov 2007
Gab5 said:
shanimebib said:

I believe he will ultimately be the first one to quit. The other 2 are beyond addicted to the game.

It would be too neat and convenient if Sumire got together with Taichi. I think it is often the girl who encourages the most who is the admirer. Dark horse prediction, I think that, eventually, he will get a confession from someone else, who has been supporting him, in the club.

No. He won't. That's what I believe. Ultimately, this story is about loving karuta and the story has invested too much in Taichi's character that he will just give up not even loving it. He is shown playing Karuta for the wrong reasons (i.e. trying to make Chihaya look his way) but he will definitely have a change of heart in the long run.

Also, while I really like Hanano-chan, and it seem to be the list of her admirers growing pretty fast both in Japan and in the West (Hanano-chan's official twitter clip had almost the same number of likes as Taichi's from this episode) I don't think she will get to be with Taichi. But then again, her admiration for Taichi was once because of his looks. But while spending time with him, she realized that Taichi's true passion is Chihaya and for that alone, Taichi might be playing Karuta for the rest of his life, even if it drastically reduces her chances to be with him. Yet she put Taichi's feelings ahead of her own. That's way better than Taichi's affection for Chihaya.

In this single episode, she did more for Taichi than Chihaya ever did in 7 years of knowing each other. Since Taichi was always there Chihaya sees Taichi as someone just there and takes him from granted. That is not the case for Hanano-chan. She has closely looked at Taichi as a person. The worst part is, she was once a very fleeting girl who would go after pretty faces, but giving Karuta a chance in the pretense of being close to Taichi, she started to admire Taichi for who he is and couldn't just move to the next target. So, a heartbreak like never before is most likely on the cards because Taichi only sees Chihaya.

The only reason Hanano-chan gets all the mean comments because she likes Taichi. There was a time when she was really annoying but that is now a thing of the past. The Hanano-chan now is one of the most admirable characters in the story.
Coronavirus.
Nov 28, 2019 3:30 PM
Dec 2018
No. He won't. That's what I believe. Ultimately, this story is about loving karuta and the story has invested too much in Taichi's character that he will just give up not even loving it. He is shown playing Karuta for the wrong reasons (i.e. trying to make Chihaya look his way) but he will definitely have a change of heart in the long run.

Also, while I really like Hanano-chan, and it seem to be the list of her admirers growing pretty fast both in Japan and in the West (Hanano-chan's official twitter clip had almost the same number of likes as Taichi's from this episode) I don't think she will get to be with Taichi. But then again, her admiration for Taichi was once because of his looks. But while spending time with him, she realized that Taichi's true passion is Chihaya and for that alone, Taichi might be playing Karuta for the rest of his life, even if it drastically reduces her chances to be with him. Yet she put Taichi's feelings ahead of her own. That's way better than Taichi's affection for Chihaya.

In this single episode, she did more for Taichi than Chihaya ever did in 7 years of knowing each other. Since Taichi was always there Chihaya sees Taichi as someone just there and takes him from granted. That is not the case for Hanano-chan. She has closely looked at Taichi as a person. The worst part is, she was once a very fleeting girl who would go after pretty faces, but giving Karuta a chance in the pretense of being close to Taichi, she started to admire Taichi for who he is and couldn't just move to the next target. So, a heartbreak like never before is most likely on the cards because Taichi only sees Chihaya.

The only reason Hanano-chan gets all the mean comments because she likes Taichi. There was a time when she was really annoying but that is now a thing of the past. The Hanano-chan now is one of the most admirable characters in the story.[/quote]

Could never understand the hate she got before, even if she was shallow, so glad she is getting some development now.

Well, it will be interesting to see how long they can pull this triangle along, something has to give before too long. Either way, I hope the story sees Taichi move on.
Nov 29, 2019 9:16 AM

Dec 2015
Did anyone see this in Hanano back when she was introduced? Her character growth since then is amazing and her standing up against Taichi's mother was beyond impressive.

Suou Meijin sure is a weird and cocky guy, but pretty enjoyable to watch. I wonder if what he said to Arata is foreshadowing though.
Nov 29, 2019 12:36 PM

Jun 2015
and so long to the master's dignified looks and intimidating airs.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 29, 2019 7:48 PM

Nov 2007
holysauron said:
Did anyone see this in Hanano back when she was introduced? Her character growth since then is amazing and her standing up against Taichi's mother was beyond impressive.

Suou Meijin sure is a weird and cocky guy, but pretty enjoyable to watch. I wonder if what he said to Arata is foreshadowing though.

Are you a Class A?

NO! DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT THAT NASTY GUY SAYS! I WANT ARATA TO KEEP HIS PROMISE WITH HIS GRANDFATHER.

Joking.

Yeah, he can be pretty perceptive and reads people well. Everything will come to light sooner or later so hold on tight. It's gonna be a good ride!

But I like Suou-meijin a lot. I like his cocky attitude. Makes me want to root for him! And he looks dope with his shades!
Coronavirus.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

19 by NiQ1 »»
Mar 21, 2:01 AM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2019

105 by Katsu-kun »»
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.