Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 29, 2019 6:12 PM

Dec 2016
@angelk99

It's quite easy to understand why the Boku no Hero/KnYs of the world do better than Vinland Saga, more mass appeal (regardless of quality).
Sep 29, 2019 6:24 PM
Dec 2018
-Aincrad- said:
Now that Demon Slayer has grown so popular and even became so highly rated, will it become the next anime that will always be called generic, "trash", and overrated, and liking it will be called a "normie" thing?

Now people who have it in their favourites will be called out for having "trash taste" in anime, for liking Demon Slayer, an actually good anime?

This happens most of the time when an anime becomes so popular.

I've already seen many judging others because they like Demon Slayer, like calling them "kny tards, low IQ kids", calling the anime the most overrated anime ever etc. So is this going to be the new trend now, to hate on the anime and those who actually found it really good and rated it high?
Good shows with a "banal" plot that are famous got hated "CUz iT's so cLIché", just BNHA or KnY are perfect examples, sadly in mal a lot of people think that a unusual plot poorly done is better than a simple plot done freaking good
Sep 29, 2019 6:24 PM

Dec 2016
@angelk99

I simply disagree with the premise that that hurts the medium. I do agree that there is a non-quality reason that shows like Vinland are not as popular/mainstream as shows like BnHA/KnY.
Sep 29, 2019 6:34 PM

Dec 2016
angelk99 said:
TheCobraSlayer said:
@angelk99

I simply disagree with the premise that that hurts the medium. I do agree that there is a non-quality reason that shows like Vinland are not as popular/mainstream as shows like BnHA/KnY.

Oh, well, that's another thing I totally respect. You said that I gave zero reasoning that's why I thought you didn't get my point.

I understood your point just fine, just that it read more like it read more like a two line generic critique of the show rather than a real point. It felt rather out of place considering the thread. I do think there's a pretty worthwhile discussion to be had on why things are mainstream, but phrased in such a way that it bashes on KnY fans in a thread that's about whether KnY is about to be the new hate baby of anime fans, well...
Sep 29, 2019 6:41 PM

Nov 2011
Name one thing that is popular without a hater. There's none. The more popular something is, the more vocal the hater become.

Sep 29, 2019 6:59 PM
Oct 2016
"They might bash me for liking a series because they are elite and whatnot" Why do you care? These aholes will be everywhere, preaching their bullshits because they have nothing to do in life. No one is an expert in the damn internet. Just avoid giving two shits about others opinions.
Sep 29, 2019 6:59 PM

Oct 2015
angelk99 said:
How can you not hate them?? They are the reason why good stories like Vinland Saga don't have more popularity. The massive success of shows like KnY or Boku no hero hurt the medium for the people who actually wanna see a mature story with decent characters.
talk for yourself at least. I like a "mature story" as much as the next guy but every genre / demography has its gems. Vinland Saga is a great seinen as Demon Slayer is a great shonen.
Sep 29, 2019 7:05 PM

Jun 2016
Honestly who cares. They can hate till the cows come home for all I care. If they hate the show for their subjective reasons then I can respect that but if they hate KnY fandom because the anime's a hit and their fans are hyped about it then why should I care. Why should anyone care?
Gift by Mimurona

Sep 29, 2019 7:18 PM

Aug 2016
Yeah probably, I mean every anime has haters no exception there's always a group of people no matter how small the popularity of the anime. I myself don't really care for KnY but honestly why should KnY fans care about what people dislike the anime think about it and why should people that dislike the anime care about KnY fans think about it.

Nothing will ever be accomplished by hating on an anime actively anyway, fans of said anime will love their anime no matter what and wasting your time defending your anime for these haters won't make them start to like the anime or stop their shenanigans either. People should just not care xd.
Sep 29, 2019 7:26 PM

Jan 2011
Let them stay salty.
Sep 29, 2019 7:55 PM

Oct 2015
angelk99 said:
Nostalgik said:
talk for yourself at least. I like a "mature story" as much as the next guy but every genre / demography has its gems. Vinland Saga is a great seinen as Demon Slayer is a great shonen.

Shonens can have a mature story. Look at FMA or jojo's. Even Naruto is more mature than KnY. Maybe this will change in the upcoming seasons. I don't know. But right now KnY is very average.
They definitely can have mature stories, but that depends on what you consider "mature". I think Kimetsu nails themes of humanity, family and companionship overall very well, as well as FMA or JoJo handle their themes imo Just because the show presents them in a more formulaic way in its >FIRST< season, it doesn't mean it's any less "mature" than other shounen (stories written with many of the same messages and target audience in mind)
Sep 29, 2019 10:37 PM

Oct 2018
Kamiyan3991 said:
-Aincrad- said:
Now that Demon Slayer has grown so popular and even became so highly rated, will it become the next anime that will always be called generic, "trash", and overrated, and liking it will be called a "normie" thing?

But it's just generic shounen with better visuals, duh.
Can't explain that to some 20y kid with 8.61 mean score, duh.

Actually... why plebs always make threads like this?
You're ridiculous lol.

Yes! This is exactly what I'm talking about. You're one of those people who judge people by their preferences and believe they are better than others.
You are so sad.

But I found it really funny how you believe you're so mature because you're a few years older, with an attitude like this. Made my day.

BTW, using mean score as an argument is the dumbest thing you can do. Good job. Bashing on someone for actually enjoying what they are watching. Really mature behavior.
-Aincrad-Sep 29, 2019 10:54 PM
Sep 29, 2019 10:42 PM

Oct 2018
draco11 said:
"They might bash me for liking a series because they are elite and whatnot" Why do you care? These aholes will be everywhere, preaching their bullshits because they have nothing to do in life. No one is an expert in the damn internet. Just avoid giving two shits about others opinions.

I don't really care about them or what they say actually. It's just that simply knowing that there are people like this can be annoying.

But that's all to it.
Sep 29, 2019 10:44 PM
Apr 2019
probably
the elitists are always there who would say "There are lots of hidden gems which are underrated we will appreciate them but not you,top 20"
Sep 29, 2019 10:58 PM
Jul 2019
Don't worry. MHA is coming soon
Sep 29, 2019 11:12 PM

May 2014
-Aincrad- said:
BTW, using mean score as an argument is the dumbest thing you can do. Good job. Bashing on someone for actually enjoying what they are watching. Really mature behavior.

Yes. As stupid as dismissing others opinion just because the other person scored a serie with 5 or less... Oh wait....
Rhapsody-Sep 29, 2019 11:17 PM
Sep 29, 2019 11:28 PM

Jan 2019
I gave it a relatively high score despite the generic story.
Pros:
- Peak level animation in the entire anime industry
- Great soundtrack
- Lovable and adorable characters
Cons:
- Occasional Poor direction
- Mediocre beginning
- Doesn't try anything unique as a shonen, still has the occasional backstory power asspull
- Trying to hard to squeeze in cliffhangers.
- Plot points that feel forced and don't build anything with the story nor have any logical reason on why they exist.

However, the pros are strong enough to outweigh the cons. I find a lot of scenes funny and others tense and the show is just overall enjoyable despite the evident problems.
I think simplicity can be good, Kimetsu No Yaiba embodies this.

On topic: I think people complain and nitpick about my cons, so they huddle into a group and try to act cool and respect another who has the same perspective as them. It's human instinct to gather as a group and try to be dominant over the other.
ElucidSep 29, 2019 11:31 PM
Sep 29, 2019 11:55 PM

Dec 2013
-Aincrad- said:
Yes! This is exactly what I'm talking about. You're one of those people who judge people by their preferences and believe they are better than others.

Except I didn't say anything about my preferences.
I only said that your scores come cheap.

Rhapsody- said:
Yes. As stupid as dismissing others opinion just because the other person scored a serie with 5 or less... Oh wait....

But honestly, I feel like I overrated many shows, so it's almost 7.5 but... 8.6+?
This is already 8-10, not your usual 7-10.
Sep 29, 2019 11:59 PM

Oct 2018
Kamiyan3991 said:
-Aincrad- said:

Except I didn't say anything about my preferences.
I only said that your scores come cheap.

Rhapsody- said:

But honestly, I feel like I overrated many shows, so it's almost 7.5 but... 8.6+?
This is already 8-10, not your usual 7-10.

I don't see what's wrong with having a high mean score.

I'm just simply enjoying what I'm watching(well, most of the time).

Does it hurt anyone? Does it ruin someone's life? I doubt it.
-Aincrad-Sep 30, 2019 12:09 AM
Sep 30, 2019 12:13 AM

Aug 2016
Still no one can explain why this show is "generic" or the story is bad?

Is it that hard..? Surely if it was a generic shounen it must have typical pitfalls that can easily be exposed.. It must've had a generic martial arts tournament arc, and a screaming MC that is the most powerful guy in the show. Surely his goal is to be the strongest evva!! Like all the other generic protagonist. There should also be a huge list of girls for his harem or he should be a beta male that is afraid of women. Side characters must have been tossed aside and gotten no backstory/development as well.

Wait a minute.. None of this applies to this show..?
Sep 30, 2019 12:18 AM

Jan 2018
Kimetsu no Yaiba is already the current biggest thing so I'm glad to finally finish watching such a great show and I'm not sure if other anime studio would try to get to Ufotable level of animation. Even if berserk can get this level of animation I'd still doubt it can reach this level of popularity.
Sep 30, 2019 12:19 AM
Sep 2019
Everyone won't gonna like what u like.
Don't think like u do.
Don't hype like u do.
Don't polite like u do.
Don't praise like u do.
So don't fcking care about them. And just ignore them. They are more pitiful and annoying than what they call annoy.
Sep 30, 2019 12:19 AM

Oct 2018
JFuji said:
Still no one can explain why this show is "generic" or the story is bad?

Is it that hard..? Surely if it was a generic shounen it must have typical pitfalls that can easily be exposed.. It must've had a generic martial arts tournament arc, and a screaming MC that is the most powerful guy in the show. Surely his goal is to be the strongest evva!! Like all the other generic protagonist. There should also be a huge list of girls for his harem or he should be a beta male that is afraid of women. Side characters must have been tossed aside and gotten no backstory/development as well.

Wait a minute.. None of this applies to this show..?

Explaining why an anime is generic?
Sep 30, 2019 1:12 AM

Apr 2012
Esquirtit said:
Yes, all you fans will be attacked by demonic haterz!! Serves you right Demon Slayer fans!!

Victim mentality through the roof lol

Indeed. The circlejerk in this thread is hilarious.

Look at the darn score. It's as close to universally loved as can get in a free universally accessible service. As a matter of fact, the few criticisms I see are due to 2 characters and their strident performances.

Grow a skin ffs. Not everyone will ever like what you like.
Sep 30, 2019 1:15 AM
Jul 2018
Don't know about others but I'm definitely close to becoming a hater if the fans don't stop coming up to me asking why I dropped it and then answer my question about why should I watch it with simple words like "cuz it's amazing". So goddamn fucking tired of them.
Sep 30, 2019 1:18 AM

Oct 2018
l_viha said:
Don't know about others but I'm definitely close to becoming a hater if the fans don't stop coming up to me asking why I dropped it and then answer my question about why should I watch it with simple words like "cuz it's amazing". So goddamn fucking tired of them.

I know what you feel, but you should definitely give it another chance cuz it's amazing.
Sep 30, 2019 1:22 AM
Jul 2018
@-aincrad- So you're just trolling me at this point huh? Fine I get it, I won't waste my time on this show again :P
Sep 30, 2019 1:23 AM

Oct 2018
l_viha said:
@-aincrad- So you're just trolling me at this point huh? Fine I get it, I won't waste my time on this show again :P

It wasn't really trolling, it was just meant to be a simple joke, don't take it so seriously :D

I agree that saying simple things such as "cuZ itS AMAzInG" is just stupid. You can't just convince someone with something like that, mainly if that person dropped the anime to start with, like you did.
-Aincrad-Sep 30, 2019 1:26 AM
Sep 30, 2019 1:31 AM
Jul 2018
-Aincrad- said:
l_viha said:

It wasn't really trolling, it was just meant to be a simple joke, don't take it so seriously :D

Don't worry, I wasn't taking it seriously.
Sep 30, 2019 1:37 AM

Sep 2007
Hahaha, you know, i have the same feeling when i read guys who love One Piece, The Promised Neverland, My Hero Academia and stuff.
In another side, i'm loving some strange mangas.
If if i have to care about what the others think about my stuff (until it's legal stuff hey ! :p), i would hjave never finished on MAL !
Sep 30, 2019 2:04 AM
Apr 2018
-Aincrad- said:

Now people who have it in their favourites will be called out for having "trash taste" in anime, for liking Demon Slayer too?

I've already seen many judging others because they like Demon Slayer, like calling them "kny tards, low IQ kids", calling the anime the most overrated anime ever etc. So is this going to be the new trend now, to hate on the anime and those who actually found it really good and rated it high?

*see a long beach griffy video
me: i see that you're a man of culture as well
Sep 30, 2019 2:24 AM

May 2015
Brego1 said:
Esquirtit said:
Yes, all you fans will be attacked by demonic haterz!! Serves you right Demon Slayer fans!!

Victim mentality through the roof lol

Indeed. The circlejerk in this thread is hilarious.

Look at the darn score. It's as close to universally loved as can get in a free universally accessible service. As a matter of fact, the few criticisms I see are due to 2 characters and their strident performances.

Grow a skin ffs. Not everyone will ever like what you like.

Don't see how you can say that it's close to being universally loved when we get an "iT's OvErRaTeD" thread on an almost daily basis.

Sep 30, 2019 3:49 AM

May 2018
There will always be people hating on something popular but I don't think it will reach the same level as SAO. Has KnY reach BnHA popularity level yet or has surpass it?
Sep 30, 2019 3:57 AM

Oct 2018
Gorochu said:
There will always be people hating on something popular but I don't think it will reach the same level as SAO. Has KnY reach BnHA popularity level yet or has surpass it?

Of course far from being as popular as MHA, but KnY is far more popular now, than MHA was back in 2016 while it was airing. I'm not saying it from experience, I just heard it from others, that MHA didn't leave an impression like this on fans. So it has a chance to surpass MHA's popularity eventually.
-Aincrad-Sep 30, 2019 5:01 AM
Sep 30, 2019 4:47 AM

Apr 2018
-Aincrad- said:
Gorochu said:

Of course it's not far from being as popular as MHA, but KnY is far more popular now, than MHA was back in 2016 while it was airing. I'm not saying it from experience, I just heard it from others, that MHA didn't leave an impression like this on fans. So it has a chance to surpass MHA's popularity eventually.
i think it's already as popular as MHA, the official twitter acount of KnY has 550k followers. And it's just the first season, while MHA's official twitter with its 3 season is only at 400k.
Sep 30, 2019 6:28 AM

Dec 2013
-Aincrad- said:

You're enjoying everything from 6/10 to 10/10 (and 7/10 is already "good"), so stop talking bullshit.
They don't teach math in school these days or what?
Kamiyan3991Sep 30, 2019 6:34 AM
Sep 30, 2019 6:33 AM

Oct 2018
Kamiyan3991 said:
-Aincrad- said:

You're enjoying everything from 6/10 to 10/10 (and 7/10 is already "good"), so stop talking bullshit.
They don't teach math in school these days?

Oh so you're one of those, who always want to have the last word.
I'm just gonna ignore you. Have a nice day.
Sep 30, 2019 6:36 AM

Oct 2018
Jfs_ said:
-Aincrad- said:

Of course it's not far from being as popular as MHA, but KnY is far more popular now, than MHA was back in 2016 while it was airing. I'm not saying it from experience, I just heard it from others, that MHA didn't leave an impression like this on fans. So it has a chance to surpass MHA's popularity eventually.
i think it's already as popular as MHA, the official twitter acount of KnY has 550k followers. And it's just the first season, while MHA's official twitter with its 3 season is only at 400k.

Oh I didn't know that.

Well, considering how popular the anime got on twitter after episode 19, I'm not surprised.
Sep 30, 2019 6:38 AM

Dec 2013
-Aincrad- said:
Kamiyan3991 said:

They don't teach math in school these days?

Oh so you're one of those, who always want to have the last word.
I'm just gonna ignore you. Have a nice day.

Did you just realize that every 6+ is positive?
Oh boy, this new generation...
Sep 30, 2019 6:43 AM

Oct 2018
LITTLE-ONE said:
-Aincrad- said:

Now people who have it in their favourites will be called out for having "trash taste" in anime, for liking Demon Slayer too?

*see a long beach griffy video
me: i see that you're a man of culture as well

Oh a fellow cultured man
I love his videos, that guy is hilarious :D
Sep 30, 2019 6:45 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Hating on popular stuff has always been a trend in the anime community. That's just the way it is I'm afraid

That said the massive score difference between the manga and the anime kinda indicates that a lot of people are getting caught up in the hype presumably because of the animation first and foremost. Not that that isn't a valid positive of course but looking at other anime over the years that end up being very trendy while they're airing, they usually come back down to earth more and more as the months and years go on after they've finished airing
HaXXspettenSep 30, 2019 6:48 AM
Sep 30, 2019 6:58 AM

Oct 2018
HaXXspetten said:
Not that that isn't a valid positive of course but looking at other anime over the years that end up being very trendy while they're airing, they usually come back down to earth more and more as the months and years go on after they've finished airing

That's true in many cases, but now always. For example:

Re:Zero had 8.78 score after the last episode, now it's 8.36

No Game No Life had 8.82, now it's 8.36

One Punch Man had 9.02, now it's 8.7

But it doesn't necessarily go down in every case. If an anime has a well deserved score, it won't change much
Like Mob Psycho 100 II finished with 9.00, and still has 8.92 now, after half a year.

And while the score of many anime goes down after it finishes airing, the score of KnY is only going up, for now at least.
Sep 30, 2019 6:58 AM

Jan 2018
Of course it will. Haven't you realize the average iq of MAL users? Some people will hate it cause of its popularity and other sheeps will join the hate trend, because they think it'll make them look cool.

There will always be some people who aren't sheeps and legitimately don't like the show. But that is going be their opinion and they won't make multiple accounts just so they can lower the show's score. They won't make troll threads just to piss people off and they won't hate the fans of the show just because they like it.

But of course, these people are in minority, like around %18 minority.
_Lunarai_Sep 30, 2019 7:02 AM
Sep 30, 2019 7:10 AM

Oct 2018
oguba said:
Of course it will. Haven't you realize the average iq of MAL users? Some people will hate it cause of its popularity and other sheeps will join the hate trend, because they think it'll make them look cool.

There will always be some people who aren't sheeps and legitimately don't like the show. But that is going be their opinion and they won't make multiple accounts just so they can lower the show's score. They won't make troll threads just to piss people off and they won't hate the fans of the show just because they like it.

Unfortunately I haven't really encountered that minority yet..
Sep 30, 2019 7:35 AM

Sep 2019
-Aincrad- said:
oguba said:

Unfortunately I haven't really encountered that minority yet..
Because these people might be less active on forums and just watch their thing and lurk little bit around. They can be even more but silent as there are 50,000's of 10's votes given to KNY but do u see even 10000 of those in forums?
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Sep 30, 2019 7:55 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
-Aincrad- said:
HaXXspetten said:
Not that that isn't a valid positive of course but looking at other anime over the years that end up being very trendy while they're airing, they usually come back down to earth more and more as the months and years go on after they've finished airing

That's true in many cases, but now always. For example:

Re:Zero had 8.78 score after the last episode, now it's 8.36

No Game No Life had 8.82, now it's 8.36

One Punch Man had 9.02, now it's 8.7

But it doesn't necessarily go down in every case. If an anime has a well deserved score, it won't change much
Like Mob Psycho 100 II finished with 9.00, and still has 8.92 now, after half a year.

And while the score of many anime goes down after it finishes airing, the score of KnY is only going up, for now at least.
Mob Psycho II was a second season. You're not gonna have that effect to the same level for sequels since it'll happen for the first season instead if at all. But yes there are plenty of examples of it not happening too. I think the most surprising anime in that regard is Shigatsu no Kimi no Uso which has still barely dropped at all in the four-five years it's been since it ended despite the fact that it did get a lot of public backlash at the time. I've always found that a bit puzzling

As for Yaiba still going up, it is still too early for anything else to be the case. I mean it just finished two days ago; most people haven't had the time to finish it yet (94k people have finished it so far and 215k are still not caught up according to its stats page). It should still go upwards slowly or at least stagnate where it is over the course of the next week or so. After that is when it'll start to fall off. The only question is at what rate because that tends to vary greatly from anime to anime and can be a bit difficult to predict

I'd still predict Yaiba to be quite high when it stabilizes though, but not where it is today. If we were to look at it in 12 months time or so it'll maybe be at about 8.80 again or so? Just guessing
Sep 30, 2019 7:58 AM
Jul 2018
yea its overrated no cap 🚫 🚫 🧢 🧢 🧢 🧢 🧢 no cappuccino either MF that out the window 😤😤😤😤
Sep 30, 2019 8:10 AM

Feb 2019
Anything that gets a certain amount of exposure will evidently find someone who hates it
because nothing is going to appeal to everyone~

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Sep 30, 2019 9:42 AM

Nov 2018
Any show that blows up will eventually be called "the most overrated show ever" by the tiny minority of people who actually disliked the show.

And I've already seen some people say complain along the lines of "the fan base is what literally ruined the show for me", all I can say is that those people are kinda retarded for thinking that way. You don't (and you shouldn't) take the fan base into account when rating a show, same with games as well, otherwise most shows will be "ruined."

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Sep 30, 2019 10:23 AM

Oct 2018
Anything that may raise eyebrows will obtain hate. People are just weirded out by new things..

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Yesterday, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 22, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.