Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 29, 2019 11:19 AM

Oct 2018
Now that Demon Slayer has grown so popular and even became so highly rated, will it become the next anime that will always be called generic, "trash", and overrated, and liking it will be called a "normie" thing?

Now people who have it in their favourites will be called out for having "trash taste" in anime, for liking Demon Slayer too?

This happens most of the time when an anime becomes so popular.

I've already seen many judging others because they like Demon Slayer, like calling them "kny tards, low IQ kids", calling the anime the most overrated anime ever etc. So is this going to be the new trend now, to hate on the anime and those who actually found it really good and rated it high?
-Aincrad-Sep 29, 2019 10:52 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2019 11:25 AM

Oct 2015
As long as distasteful nerds have access to the internet, shiting on other people's preferences will always be a trend
Sep 29, 2019 11:35 AM

Oct 2018
Nostalgik said:
As long as distasteful nerds have access to the internet, shiting on other people's preferences will always be a trend

True, I've experienced that a lot...
Sep 29, 2019 11:42 AM
May 2019
Unfortunately probably, history has shown that whenever anime becomes mainstream enough a group of elitistic haters emerges from the woodworks to bash anyone who enjoys it.
Sep 29, 2019 11:43 AM

Jul 2016
Haters gonna hate anyway. Who cares what they say? If you enjoyed this series, then good for you. If you didn't, move along.

For me, it was definitely the best series that aired in previous season and this season altogether. Regardless of what others may say, it was a solid experience (for me) from start to finish.

Also, at first, I thought the villain was a little silly and didn't truly understand why demons were so scared of him. Then, I thought that they were simply afraid of the curse. The last episode truly display why people should fear him, demons and humans alike.

It was on par with the Re:Zero, Made in Abyss, the Promised Neverland and the FMA of this world.

Sep 29, 2019 11:55 AM
Aug 2019
It always happen, just accept and embrace it. Keep loving this series if you do. Honestly there is no value from Hating so its just reflecting their own self worth if you ask me.

Sep 29, 2019 11:55 AM

May 2016
I haven't seen past 1 episode and don't got any hope for this series since it plundered my feeds with 10/10 on mal and tumblr.

I don't even find it to be that geat :/
Sep 29, 2019 12:05 PM

Jan 2016
I might be inactive these days on forums, but no. This show isn't hated as much as Rezero, Sword Art Online and Ajin although I wish all those shows , excluding Demon Slayer, became rated 1/10 on MAL one day
The word elitist is stupid since it's just used by people who can't defend their favorite shows and use it on people who criticize their favorite shows.
Sep 29, 2019 12:12 PM

Jan 2009
popular shows gets a lot of haters that are usually just the vocal minority anyway while the silent majority are just enjoying this and it reflects on the growing fanbase of it anyway thats the usual case for popular shows
Sep 29, 2019 12:18 PM
Feb 2017
I think the hate is coming from how much it's being shoved into the spotlight. The more you shove a show down other people's throats, the more they want to push it back (especially if they didn't find it that great to begin with). It'll go away once the show's hype dies down.
Sep 29, 2019 12:20 PM

Aug 2008
i have 32, i liked this anime, i read the manga means i'm retarded :))) i
The spider is watching
Sep 29, 2019 12:27 PM

Jul 2014
Trendy/popular shows tends to get attentions of attention seeking elitists flaunting their so called "better taste" they won't disappear, they're always there waiting to bait people, hence why I don't reply to them. I kinda know who you're talking about and he's pretty well known on hating shows that gets a certain amount of hype, in other words a "pretentious edgy jerk" he did the same thing with Fire Force and made a thread about it being "overhyped" too cause his favorite show is getting overshadowed.
My only advice is, just ignore the bait.
Sep 29, 2019 12:41 PM

May 2018
ignore and enjoy.
I love BNHA AND Kimetsu. So I got a lot of hate for that already lol. I don't care. You shouldn't too!

►"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." ◄
►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄
Sep 29, 2019 1:23 PM

Dec 2016
In MAL logic, we have to hate anything that becomes popular no matter how good or bad it is.
Sep 29, 2019 1:36 PM

Oct 2018
Lel0uchZer0 said:
-Aincrad- said:
Now that Demon Slayer has become so popular and even so highly rated, will it become the next anime which liking is a "normie" thing?

Now people who have it in their favourites will be called out for having "trash taste" in anime, for liking Demon Slayer, an actually good anime?

I've already seen many judging others because they like Demon Slayer, like calling them "kny tards, low IQ kids" etc. So is this going to be the new trend now, to hate on those who found this anime really good and rate it high?

Oh because demon slayer fans are very cool
I have never seen a more deluded fanbase. I literally ruined the anime for me to see people calling it
The greatest shonen of all time
Best anime of 2019
Or calling episode 19 the greatest episode of all time
The anime is good yes but it is so overrated. No way in hell it deserves to be above anime like code geass or death note (i am sorry it is not a matter of opinion since we are talking about ratings not prefferences)
I hope people will calm down like they did with bnha cause honestly my hero has 2 season that are superior to demon slayer season 1

I know KnY fans are not saints either

I'm just gonna copy what I replied to someone else

A dude on YT said this, and it's really true.

"The more popular an anime becomes, the larger the fan base becomes. The larger the fan base becomes, the more weirdos in the fandom with louder voices."

KnY is no exception either. It has weird fans, like any other popular anime, but this is not even the topic of the thread.
Sep 29, 2019 1:39 PM

Oct 2016
Yep happens with every anime that reaches this level of popularity even if they're actually good, such as AOT, OPM, MHA. The only way for a lot of the hate to dissipate is for either the popularity of the show to massively decrease or for the quality of the show's writing, plot, characters to reach a level so high, that you give up and admit to how great the show is.

Believe it or not, OPM actually has a lot less haters now than it did before. Back in it's prime before season 2, a lot people were still just blindly hating on the series. Now most of the hate is just directed towards JC Staff and you see a lot more people just speaking on how great the manga is. The 4 year wait, in addition to the loss of popularity from season 2, caused a lot of the hate to decrease.

In the case of AOT, the 4 year wait caused it to lose a good amount of popularity (even though it's still extremely popular). That coupled with the increase of quality from season 2 and especially season 3 allowed the hate to calm down.Yeah there are still a lot of AOT haters now, but it doesn't even compare to the amount of hate it was getting from 2013-2017. And it's actually very highly praised now.

MHA is still in that dreadful hate period and I honestly don't see how it's getting out. Unless Bones dropped MHA, which it definitely won't or takes like a 4 year break, then I don't see this series losing popularity anytime soon. Plus judging from what I've heard about the manga the quality often flunctuates and it doesn't really get that much better, so I expect the hate to continue strong.

So for Kimetsu no Yaiba one of those two things need to happen. I don't see it losing that much popularity anytime soon, but a lot of manga readers have said some of the next arcs are gonna be much better than season 1. So let's see maybe the quality of the series may speak for itself when we get there, and that will cause the hate to go away.
WillofFire700Sep 29, 2019 1:45 PM
Sep 29, 2019 1:44 PM

Mar 2015
popular anime man bad

I think the 50 different 'DeMoN sLaYeR iS oVeRrAtEd' threads answer that question by themselves.
Sep 29, 2019 1:51 PM

May 2018
-Aincrad- said:
Now that Demon Slayer has grown so popular and even became so highly rated, will it become the next anime that will always be called generic, "trash", and overrated, and liking it will be called a "normie" thing?

Now people who have it in their favourites will be called out for having "trash taste" in anime, for liking Demon Slayer, an actually good anime?

I've already seen many judging others because they like Demon Slayer, like calling them "kny tards, low IQ kids", calling the anime the most overrated anime ever etc. So is this going to be the new trend now, to hate on the anime and those who actually found it really good and rated it high?

All i can say to you is WELCOME TO MAL.
People always hate when something new is out, doesn't even matter if it's good or bad.
Sep 29, 2019 1:52 PM

Jan 2015
Yes, every anime that gains popularity more than expected goes through that. Just deal with it, Kimetsu no Yaiba is now going through the “omg this is so overrated” phase
Sep 29, 2019 1:55 PM

Oct 2018
So this is actually "normal" on MAL...

I have only been using this site for about a year now, since Fall 2018, and during this time period there wasn't really any very popular anime. Well, Shield Hero was popular, but still not as much as KnY.

I mean, I use the forum regularly, so it know how people act when it comes to popular anime, but I didn't know popular anime go through this all the time.
-Aincrad-Sep 29, 2019 2:12 PM
Sep 29, 2019 2:02 PM

May 2018
-Aincrad- said:
So this is actually "normal" on MAL...

I have only been using this site for about a year now, and during this time period there wasn't really any very popular anime. Well, Shield Hero was popular, but still not as much as KnY.

I mean, I use the forum regularly, so it know how people act when it comes to popular anime, but I didn't know popular anime go through this all the time.

Yeah, it's always like this.
Next season of anime will be about hate on the fourth season of my hero academia for no reason.
Sep 29, 2019 2:09 PM
Jul 2018
"Will hating on Demon Slayer and its fans be the new trend?"

Yeah. Pretty much.

I love KnY, yet I could also understand why people hate it. I mean, we don't have to enjoy the same thing anyways.

Also, here in MAL, everyone thinks that:
Sep 29, 2019 2:16 PM

Jan 2013
Lmao according to who? No and then you realize that when you get off the internet the majority in real life don't care.

It's just the usual minority being the loudest...
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Sep 29, 2019 2:18 PM
Mar 2019
I think this was only hated in MAL because some hate the fact that a typical shounen anime that is done right would get into that kind of rank. I never saw anyone who hated this anime out MAL. Every popular anime gets hated anyways but alleviate overtime.

The other reason for the outrageous elitist is that the only reason for its popularity is the 3 mins of episode 19 that boost its way up to the ranks. The other is what I mention, that the anime does not deserve to be in that position. The others are whatever the fuck it is whether it is a generic, shit show, typical recycled story format of any shounen anime.

Nevertheless, all of the ratings are based on enjoyment anyways. The old MAL is not the same as new mal since it garners typical anime watchers who would indeed base their taste on enjoyment. Old anime does not get the same treatment because of being an old great anime that it is. I've noticed as well how a lot of anime currently tend to get into higher ranks.

I have my opinion and all, I thought this anime is nothing special, though still like the anime. I couldn't careless of the hate. if you can explain it to yourself why it doesn't deserve the hate, as well as acknowledge to yourself that there is indeed something worthy of criticism, then why not compromise? However, it is still annoying that it didn't deserve the hate at all. The anime is not trash or ridiculously bad that it deserves hate, it is still a good anime.

Sep 29, 2019 2:18 PM

May 2018
TheKawaiiToon said:
"Will hating on Demon Slayer and its fans be the new trend?"

Yeah. Pretty much.

I love KnY, yet I could also understand why people hate it. I mean, we don't have to enjoy the same thing anyways.

Also, here in MAL, everyone thinks that:

They are all wrong about the Overrated = Shit.
Sep 29, 2019 2:19 PM

May 2018
Cabron said:
Lmao according to who? No and then you realize that when you get off the internet the majority in real life don't care.

It's just the usual minority being the loudest...

Like always, but the more popular an anime gets the louder it gets.
Sep 29, 2019 2:26 PM

Aug 2019
If you have a section of it's fanbase proclaiming it to be a masterpiece, and one of the best shounen of all time after only 26 episodes of it's run, then don't be surprised to receive some sort of negative reaction to it.

I like the anime personally, and gave it an 8 out of 10, but you can't deny it IS generic. It ticks all the relevant boxes that make a battle-shounen a battle-shounen, and does nothing which transcends it's genre or dares think outside the box.

It's concepts are simple, but they're executed well. That's why I rated it an 8 and nothing more.

Sep 29, 2019 2:37 PM

Oct 2018
xenosys said:
If you have a section of it's fanbase proclaiming it to be a masterpiece, and one of the best shounen of all time after only 26 episodes of it's run, then don't be surprised to receive some sort of negative reaction to it.

To be honest, I haven't seen a single person claiming KnY to be the best shounen of all time so far
Sep 29, 2019 2:38 PM

Aug 2019
-Aincrad- said:
xenosys said:

I like the anime personally, and gave it an 8 out of 10, but you can't deny it IS generic. It ticks all the relevant boxes that make a battle-shounen a battle-shounen, and does nothing which transcends it's genre or dares think outside the box.

It's concepts are simple, but they're executed well. That's why I rated it an 8 and nothing more.

To be honest, I haven't seen a single person claiming KnY to be the best shounen of all time so far

There's plenty of them.
Sep 29, 2019 2:38 PM

Dec 2016
As everyone else here has said, yes. Especially since once you get into more hardcore anime fans like MAL tends to have, having a hate boner for any shounen good or bad is popular for some reason.
Sep 29, 2019 2:40 PM
Jul 2018
Shame this is damn overrated, no way it's deserving of this high of a score.
Not even ufotable top 3 work btw
Sep 29, 2019 2:45 PM

Oct 2018
Faytex said:

That's your opinion, but this is not the thread to discuss this.

There are already plenty of those.
Sep 29, 2019 2:47 PM

Mar 2018
Yes, it probably will. After all, hating on something popular is always a trend.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 29, 2019 2:49 PM
Oct 2012
Don't worry, we already have My Little Pony Academia and their aspergers fanbase as the main hate target.
Sep 29, 2019 2:50 PM

Nov 2013
Sure it will get some hate, but I don't think it will be that bad. It has plenty of good things going for it and is not saturated with aspects that people mostly complain about - edgy, overly dramatic, harem etc. And, most importantly, it's not an objectively hated isekai.
Sep 29, 2019 3:34 PM

Mar 2014
Faytex said:

All that needs to be said.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Sep 29, 2019 3:40 PM

Aug 2016
Yeah it will be. All they can do is regurgitate the same lines over and over again. "It looks good, but the story is shit". "Generic shounen lol".

It seems they are incapable of original thought. Especially since they can never explain themselves or engage in a discussion over it.

Half of the time it's their fault. Complaints about power-ups or abilities they didn't even bother to pay attention to. Had the same problem with nen in HxH
Sep 29, 2019 3:49 PM
Nov 2015
Haven't finished it yet (23 ep right now) but a side of the animation
It is really nothing special
I'm enjoying it but let's be real
It's really overrated
Sep 29, 2019 3:50 PM
Nov 2015
Faytex said:

Couldn't agree more
Sep 29, 2019 3:57 PM
Apr 2016
The very first episodes were so well directed, this combination of great music, animation, and storytelling.

Is the entire season a masterpiece? No, writing got so weird.
Sep 29, 2019 4:10 PM
Mar 2019
I really enjoyed the show to be honest I give it a 8.5-9.0 out of 10. I would have given it a 9 for sure if the main character didn't act so apologetic it made me cringe at some points. Also didn't like how he talked about how much pain he was in every 5 seconds, like we get it, it hurts. Other than that the animation is out of this world amazing. Last episode was especially incredible and the storyline was also great
Sep 29, 2019 4:16 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
-Aincrad- said:
Nostalgik said:

True, I've experienced that a lot...

Maybe if you werent such a fanboy of this series, easily triggered by anything people would say, and you just gone your way instead of butting on others conversations, people wouldnt give you such a rought treatment (which still doesnt justify people being and behaving like retards and they should stop).

Does this anime really receive that much hate though? For once the score is too freaking high, never expected anything to reach the level of being overrated as Made in Abyss again, but there it is.
But my point, yes the anime isnt that worth it of all the hype and praise it is getting, BUT it is still one of better releases of recent years, specially when it concerns to shounen, there is nothing really that it does wrong, unless they are trolls, I would find hard for most people to say they disliked the anime.
While I rated it a 9, it is only a 8.8, not even close to 9.0-9.4 or over a 10.
I would say it was rated well if it had score of 8.40 or something, since lets not forget all the good qualities the show has, caliing it trash or giving 1s while being vocal about it is just asking for attention.
PlaycoolSep 29, 2019 4:21 PM
Sep 29, 2019 4:25 PM
Oct 2013
Haters gonna hate
It's okay they can say what they like
Sep 29, 2019 4:29 PM

Nov 2016
Its a "Love the Show but Hate the Fandom" case for me similar to BNHA AND JJBA. The show itself is really good and worthy of praise but the most vocal fans are ther most annoying for some weird reason. I know the annoying fans are a minority but its a very vocal one.
GokaiKingSep 29, 2019 4:36 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2019 4:45 PM

May 2019
We know Demonslayer was a "brilliant Adaptation" even if they thought the source Material does not do animation justice
Doesn't change the fact that it was well-adapted and has to be treated separate from the Manga
Not that i personally have that issue with the "source Material" It's just that, If the anime is approaching top 10 People are bound to compare it with the top shows
And they don't like the comparison then ofcourse they would protect their Preferred title
Like if someone says Demonslayer is the best anime ever then IT would not suprise me at all If Fans of Hunter X Hunter were to join the fray

Others like to discredit UFOtable for there use of CGI Saying they don't like CG in Anime, But i one for one believe that the way they used those scenes to set up a Dynamic angles-Only added more to the show

I love KnY but people should still be open to older shows of the same (genre)

anime-->eat-->Sleep-->repeat

Sep 29, 2019 4:55 PM

Dec 2013
-Aincrad- said:

But it's just generic shounen with better visuals, duh.
Can't explain that to some 20y kid with 8.61 mean score, duh.

Actually... why plebs always make threads like this?
You're ridiculous lol.
Sep 29, 2019 5:16 PM

Mar 2018
Yes, all you fans will be attacked by demonic haterz!! Serves you right Demon Slayer fans!!

Victim mentality through the roof lol
poop
Sep 29, 2019 5:44 PM

Dec 2016
angelk99 said:
How can you not hate them?? They are the reason why good stories like Vinland Saga don't have more popularity. The massive success of shows like KnY or Boku no hero hurt the medium for the people who actually wanna see a mature story with decent characters.

Good job proving the point of the thread in your reply, lmao
Sep 29, 2019 5:51 PM

Dec 2016
@angelk99

In a thread where that's literally not the subject of the thread, and you provide zero reasoning for it, it is hating for the sake of hating. Go to a thread where the quality of Demon Slayer is the actual subject and you're not proving the point of the thread in the thread, lol.
Sep 29, 2019 6:05 PM

Sep 2019
angelk99 said:
How can you not hate them?? They are the reason why good stories like Vinland Saga don't have more popularity. The massive success of shows like KnY or Boku no hero hurt the medium for the people who actually wanna see a mature story with decent characters.
No one is stopping anyone from watching Vinland saga. U really wanna force ur tastes to teenagers. Vinland saga is available on the internet, berserk is available too so it's not like that Kny etc. are stopping VS or berserk to be on the internet.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2019

201 by skatensleep »»
Yesterday, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2019

216 by skatensleep »»
May 9, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2019

220 by skatensleep »»
May 9, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2019

318 by ArreolaAn9el »»
May 8, 9:43 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2019

227 by Atavistic »»
May 7, 10:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.