Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 8 Discussion

May 25, 7:51 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh another mission, this time in Asakusa. I like how they managed to instill the mood of the episode with Tanjirou's latest hunt.

Kibutsuji's ability to turn humans into demons is no joke. No doubt he's one of Tanjirou's biggest threat in the series. Great animation quality and soundtrack as usual. Crazy stuff.
Modified by Stark700, May 25, 8:21 AM

May 25, 8:03 AM

Another thrilling episode.
Of course Muzan got away and Tanjirou’s M A D boiiiii
Wow, Muzan truly is a danger, he killed so many people effortlessly, and DAMN when that last girl was reduced to some kind of blob.

New action’s already on its way with two new demons sent by Muzan, looking forward to how Tanjirou will handle them. Should be amazing.

Tamayo and Yushirou were introduced this episode, by the way beautiful scene with all those flowers!

Modified by Xenocrisi, May 25, 8:23 AM

May 25, 9:31 AM
like usual, when I am really enjoying a series, the episodes feel like 10 minutes. So far, this and Shingeki no Kyojin are the only anime this season to feel that short.

May 25, 9:36 AM

We're already seeing just how sadistic and powerful Muzan is. That's usually a deadly combination.

May 25, 9:36 AM

Muzan transforming that women was kinda disgusting. His quite strong as well.

Another nice episode. Looking forward to next week's episode.

May 25, 9:38 AM

Lol, Michael Jackson Muzan is very evil. The scene when he stuck his finger in that girl's head, it was very creepy. Also, there are good demons that live among humans.

Good episode.

Can't wait for the next.
Modified by Nurguburu, Jun 13, 5:54 AM
Life has no meaning.

May 25, 9:39 AM

Tanjirou laying down the facts

Nezuko is best Imouto

Modified by OrangeJP, May 25, 10:02 AM

May 25, 9:42 AM

Great episode as always, really loving this.

Loved the animation for Tamayo's technique.
Also, Tanjirou is right. Nezuko is a beauty. <3

Damn, Muzan is brutal. That execution of those three people was just insane, that said the first guy was asking for it.

Tamayo and Yashiro seems like really nice people, took a real liking to Tamayo and I really like how she genuinely wants to try and find a cure. So Nezuko indeed has special circumstances, I'd be interested in finding out how she was able to change the way she did.

Next episode should be pretty action packed, also looking forward to finding out strong Tamayo and Yushirou are.

May 25, 9:45 AM

For some reason, these demons don't look like much of a threat, they make it look like a dangerous entrance where you're supposed to be worried for the MC but on the contrary, I'm kinda convinced those two would be dead in the next episode. Well, either way in was quite a fine episode, nice to see some progress towards the main goal of turning demon back into human.

May 25, 9:46 AM

Muzan not only looks like a smooth criminal, but he is one. He has that swagger in his walk, and in his talk. And that moment when he stuck his finger in that girl's head, I literally turned away for a sec, I closed my eyes too which I normally don't do ever but I think the visuals and background sounds/music played a part in that. The atmosphere was thick and heavy - tense.

And Tanjirou sticking up for Nezuko - she's is a cutie. And discovering that there are other nice demons out there is good to know, even knowing that there might be a possible way to turn demons back to humans and Tamayo is at the forefront of that.

The animation was on point! Based ufotable. Now we are back into another fight, can't wait for next weeks episode.

May 25, 9:51 AM
Shingster

Hmm so even a mere scratch is fatal huh. Interesting role that the healer had there a demon and a healer eh. That demonstration of Muzan's power though was pretty impressive and shockingly so. That lecture from the udon cart owner sure was amusing as was Tanjirou's defence of Nezuko after those blunt words. Tanjirou's reactions really combine well with Yoshiro's punishments. Thats quite the goal that lady Tamayo has there. An excellent ep that did well in not just showcasing Muzan's powers but also in introducing the characters of Tamayo and Yoshiro as well Muzan's two retainers. Looks like Tanjirou is up for a tough fight next ep as he faces off against the hunters.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 25, 9:57 AM

I've been watching too many shit adaptations lately, and watching this show sure feels like heaven. Great directing, great sound design, nice pacing and animation. Thank you ufotable.

May 25, 9:59 AM
I thought Tanjiro just cared about his family a lot. Didnt know he had such a huge sister complex :p.

May 25, 10:14 AM
Holy shit, do you guys really don't mind these idiotic comedy scenes when something interesting is actually happening? Like my god, dialog about the main reason why protagonist is a demon slayer, with some strong enemies that are about come and like three horrible and useless gags, that constantly were ruining the suspense.

May 25, 10:19 AM
vissegard said:
Holy shit, do you guys really don't mind these idiotic comedy scenes when something interesting is actually happening? Like my god, dialog about the main reason why protagonist is a demon slayer, with some strong enemies that are about come and like three horrible and useless gags, that constantly were ruining the suspense.
I Don't mind, As long as they didn't show that comedic scene in the middle of a Fight.

May 25, 10:21 AM
Goodness even Tamayo's demon art was beautifully animated.

Tanjirou's pretty much on Muzan's shit list from now on. Muzan was absolutely pissed that he vent his anger on some strangers.

May 25, 10:22 AM

Great episode as always, I really think this is one of my favourite 2019 anime

I also enjoyed the scene with that poor girl, it really reminded me of the elevator scene and Mitty's transformation in Made in Abyss

Also, I really like the use of CGI in this anime, it may be the first time it feels really good and goes well with the art style

vissegard said:

I don't think it ruins anything, it's the same humor used in Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood for example, and it creates a great balance between drama/serious stuff and some more light-hearted moments
And then, God missed a step of his stairs

May 25, 10:31 AM
Themousen said:

I don't think it ruins anything, it's the same humor used in Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood for example, and it creates a great balance between drama/serious stuff and some more light-hearted moments

You realize the fact, that Kimetsu no Yaiba isn't supposed to be a comedy, like FMA:B? I mean, there is no "Comedy" tag here.

May 25, 10:34 AM
no wonder why muzan hates being called pale. he has not been out in the sun for 1000 years

May 25, 10:39 AM

vissegard said:
Themousen said:

You realize the fact, that Kimetsu no Yaiba isn't supposed to be a comedy, like FMA:B? I mean, there is no "Comedy" tag here.

That's so meaningless to talk about, just enjoy it..
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”

May 25, 10:47 AM
So people around muzan just ignored how tanjiro yelled at him after a demon suddenly appeared?

May 25, 10:52 AM

Lel0uchZer0 said:
So people around muzan just ignored how tanjiro yelled at him after a demon suddenly appeared?

Demons are more like urban legends. They are so rare that of course most people won’t even know about Kibutsuji Muzan, so Tanjirou yelling his name mean nothing to most people. Demon Hunters deal with demons in the shadows.

May 25, 10:54 AM

Lel0uchZer0 said:

How could they know who Tanjiro was yelling at in the middle of such a huge crowd?

May 25, 10:54 AM
Xenocrisi said:
Lel0uchZer0 said:

Demons are more like urban legends. They are so rare that of course most people won’t even know about Kibutsuji Muzan, so Tanjirou yelling his name mean nothing to most people

Still the thing is a demon appeared and tanjirou called muzan . I think that is atleast a bit problematic for muzan. I imagine word can go around the place

May 25, 10:57 AM
Hitagi's Pet

Everybody knows Nezuko is a rare beauty. Don't mess with her Yushirou.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 25, 11:00 AM
What the hell? That was so good. This anime continues to impress.

May 25, 11:04 AM

vissegard said:
Themousen said:

the manga has some comedy so ya
The spider is watching

May 25, 11:09 AM

Man Muzan is such a great villain

The way he slaughtered those humans was brutal

And Two of My Favourite characters appeared

Tamayo and Yashiro

Also Yashiro don't call Nezuko ugly

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 25, 11:15 AM

Really love Tamaro and her boy, I hope they will stick around and not get killed. Gosh Nezuko is such a sweetie and I am not surprised that she is special. There is something going on with Tangiro and his family. Great episode again. Next episode will be pretty action filled.
Ist das der Engel, der vom dämmernden Himmel hinunter flog?
Ist das der Teufel, der aus der Felsen spalte heraus kroch?

May 25, 11:18 AM

vissegard said:
Themousen said:

An anime doesn't have to have the "Comedy" tag to have comedy in it

Also I don't see the problem of a serious anime having some comedic bits in it
FMA:B is one of the animes that made me cry a lot, despite all the comidic parts

If you're just bothered by this in Kimetsu no Yaiba, maybe you're too sensitive to watch it
"Realistic" animes want to retranscribe the whole human emotions panel, and that includes sadness or hate but also joy and cheerful moments

Every dramatic anime I've watched, even the "worst" ones, those which hit you really hard, have comedic moments sometimes

Plus Kimetsu no Yaiba is a shounen (it's tagged as well), and comedy is usually really common in this type of anime, even the darker ones
And then, God missed a step of his stairs

May 25, 11:20 AM

Demon slayer deliver another great and thrilling episode 😊. The scene where Muzan kills the 3 people really gives an idea that he is a great adversary. On the other hand, how convenient to the plot is the story told by the doctor where she modify her body so it will survive with just blood. How is that even possible?And she can study/create a medicine that can turn back turned demons back to human again? If they do create medicine, will Nezuko's age and body will still remain as that of a child or a grown up? I hope they provide an explanation cause it really ruin an anime if put a plot "this is what will happen cause we say so".
Ps. Don't reply containing Spoilers (if there already is) to my question cause i dont want to know. Even subtle hint is a NO NO.
Modified by Sinbad200, May 25, 11:27 AM

May 25, 11:22 AM
The noises Nezuko make are so god damn adorable and great

May 25, 11:26 AM

Muzan is so powerful demon. 100 years he living.

Still waiting for kanao.
Modified by -SkyFiRe-, May 27, 7:49 AM

May 25, 11:34 AM

vissegard said:
Themousen said:

You are overthinking it. Just bec it has no "comedy tag" doesn't mean it can't have a one or two short happy moments. 😉

Ps. Comedy tag is used for anime which is mostly comedy 90% 🤗

May 25, 11:37 AM
Panchan~♪

Nezuko lying around was just waaaaay to adorable~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Modified by Rythme, May 25, 12:05 PM

My Old Sketchu

Bandori: 2158184

SV-Mirage

Lel0uchZer0 said:
Xenocrisi said:

Demons are more like urban legends. They are so rare that of course most people won’t even know about Kibutsuji Muzan, so Tanjirou yelling his name mean nothing to most people

Still the thing is a demon appeared and tanjirou called muzan . I think that is atleast a bit problematic for muzan. I imagine word can go around the place

You're overthinking it 😉👍

Now I want a Nezuko shaped vacuum cleaner

May 25, 11:43 AM

Muzan is so savage at the ally scene! He literally slaughtered the trio.
Anime/MangaFan Mahwa fan

May 25, 11:44 AM

Alright. +2 new characters. A little bit of Muzan showing off. A new main task for the Protagonist and +2 kinda interesting enemies to provide an action packed episode next week.

Great episode in terms of setting things up. The mood and the pace felt really nice too.

May 25, 12:06 PM

Ah man, I look forward to this show so much for this season now. Top 3 airing for me. Muzan is one cold/slick dude. F'd up how he did that woman.😢 And these Nezuko scenes.😂. Ufotable doing such a great job, don't feel like I need to read the manga right now. Probably will at some point if they veer off from it or decide to not continue adapting it after the season is over.
Modified by Dredd, May 25, 12:10 PM

May 25, 12:08 PM
Nice introduction to Muzan and the doctor

May 25, 12:24 PM

Well, goddamn a lot of important stuff happen this episode. First, people turn into demons really quickly, goddamn crazy quickly. Didn't think that Muzan would be the type to work with someone, that's surprising. So, after all there are demons that live among humans, and there are demons as strong as Muzan himself. Really good episode.

May 25, 12:29 PM
vissegard said:
I Don't mind, As long as they didn't show that comedic scene in the middle of a Fight.

I think so myself, bro, likewise.

May 25, 12:30 PM

Nezuko was being extra cute this ep 10/10

May 25, 12:36 PM
and Fullmetal Alchemist also had the tag"comedy"? Obviously in a Shounen there will always be comedy for more than you do not want.
Themousen said:

and Fullmetal Alchemist also had the tag"comedy"? Obviously in a Shounen there will always be comedy for more than you do not want.

May 25, 12:47 PM
vissegard said:

An anime doesn't have to have the "Comedy" tag to have comedy in it

Also I don't see the problem of a serious anime having some comedic bits in it
FMA:B is one of the animes that made me cry a lot, despite all the comidic parts

If you're just bothered by this in Kimetsu no Yaiba, maybe you're too sensitive to watch it
"Realistic" animes want to retranscribe the whole human emotions panel, and that includes sadness or hate but also joy and cheerful moments

Every dramatic anime I've watched, even the "worst" ones, those which hit you really hard, have comedic moments sometimes

Plus Kimetsu no Yaiba is a shounen (it's tagged as well), and comedy is usually really common in this type of anime, even the darker ones

A shonen will never stop having comedy, since its demography is for children, an example would be the new WSJ manga: Chainsawman. Those of us who read the first chapter thought that it would have a dark history, but it turned out to be the opposite.

May 25, 12:54 PM

Nezuko is so cute in this episode ! Again !

May 25, 1:18 PM
I can't understand why Muzan killed the men and the woman in such different ways. Feels like it was just done for plot. Plus, that info-dump dialogue should have just been a narration. Hope that weird scene has some relevance.

I wonder what deception and honesty smell like.

A lot of the female characters look alike.

The art-direction is so magnificent.

Every time I hear the music in this anime, I get sad because I end up expecting Kalafina to sing.

This episode has one of my favourite scenes in any anime: the protagonist actually finishing his food!

May 25, 1:19 PM

vissegard said:

Yeah. Previous episodes were great but this one was kind of disappointment to me. Still good though.

May 25, 1:38 PM

I ain't worried... my boy Tanjirou got this haha

I'm not gonna lie though; Kibutsuji is actually pretty scary, especially wen he gets angry like he did when that guy said he looks dead!

Is Yashiro voiced by Daiki Yamashita?

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »