Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 1, 2019 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Susamaru and Yahaba begins their attack!

Quite an intense episode. Susamaru's attacks are straightforward but still very dangerous. Tanjirou seriously struggles to even make an counterattack. Kudos to ufotable for making the action as fluid as I expected.

Tanijrou's fight against the both of them really tests just how much he's learned so far from his training.

Jun 1, 2019 7:59 AM

Jan 2015
Bloody episode indeed

There was some CG used here and there but the way it was used was phenomenal in my opinion, one example is Tanjorou running away from the temari balls.
I guess it was NOT a fun fight for Yuushiro and Tamayo, it got real dangerous soon.

Nezuko is going all in with those kicks. She should be more careful tho.
The two demons were stronger than I had thought.

Tanjirou gotta catch’em all! He has already defeated a Geodude in episode 2 and now...
A wild Machomp has appeared! I guess? Lmfao.
More like Pokémon Slayer than Demon Slayer

Jokes aside, let’s be real, this was probably the worst episode of the series direction-wise. Definitely too much dialogue, they should have cut some of it from the manga, also the reused scenes were totally unnecessary, I can see why the did it, to slow down the pace, but where the hell was the problem adapting three chapters this time. The fight would have flowed much better. And there were a lot of budget-saving techniques.
Ironically, the best part about this episode was probably the comedy. Gotta say all jokes made me laugh.

Still, great great show, there were some amazingly animated scenes, and the CGI used was pretty good this episode, but everything else ehhhhh

XenocrisiJun 1, 2019 10:23 AM
Jun 1, 2019 9:26 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode again.

The actions sequences were amazing, even the CG ones looked great. Ufotable have always done a great job in keeping the CG as close to the aesthetic as possible.

Tanjiro's sword arts are always animated so well, the third form and the final slash on the Temari demon was so good. The final sequence with him getting the arrow demon was fantastic too.

They hurt Nezuko, I shall not stand for this! That Temari demon needs to feel some pain. Interesting that Nezuko doesn't heal as fast as other demons but it doesn't look like she doesn't have regenerative powers. I'm assuming that her regeneration is slow because she doesn't eat humans.

Soundtrack was great as always, can't wait for more.
Jun 1, 2019 9:30 AM

Feb 2018
Ufotable or BONES should animate every fight scene, anime or IRL.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Jun 1, 2019 9:30 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode.

Those demons were quite strong.

Tanjiro's final slash looked awesome.

Jun 1, 2019 9:39 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Damm those Temari sure pack a punch. So dodging them will only cause them to swerve. While its nice that Yoshiro dint die the manner in which he grew back his head sure was striking. Though what was even more surprising was the fact that their opponents not only grew more arms but also gained more temari as well. The manner in which the temari were guided via the arrows sure was interesting. Overall an excellent ep that showed just how powerful Muzan's inner circle was. The battle itself was as impressive as always with the teamwork between Tanjirou and Yoshiro and Nezuko being especially entertaining. Curious in how this battle gets developed though. Its interesting in how Lady Tamayo actually reminded them of their mother though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2019 9:56 AM

May 2013
90% of the fight was so incredibly illogical it blows my mind. WTF was that garbage... Worst episode yet.
Jun 1, 2019 9:58 AM
Oct 2012
Holy shit the sakuga was through the roof this episode, incredible ep.
Jun 1, 2019 9:59 AM

Aug 2012
So I keep my bet that the arrow guy will be killed but the kemari girl will escape. Also I think that the young dude will die.
@MattUzumaki what did you find illogical. Not that I think there is much logic to it but I am curious. I like to analyze battles as well.
Jun 1, 2019 10:00 AM

Jul 2014
There was so damn much dialogue in the fight and the worst part about all it is they were all on pause while Tanjiro was doing it.
This ep bored the heck out of me, good cut on the final slash tho, t'was some epic shit, but everything that happened before that was horrendous to sit through.
Jun 1, 2019 10:01 AM
Jan 2019
I can't wait for the blu-ray to be released. This has visuals and animation on par with MobPsycho 100.
Jun 1, 2019 10:02 AM
May 2019
This episode was the most action packed episode of the series so far, my only gripe is replaying scenes that literally just happened IN the episode
Jun 1, 2019 10:04 AM
May 2019
-Stray said:
There was so damn much dialogue in the fight and the worst part about all it is they were all on pause while Tanjiro was doing it.
This ep bored the heck out of me, good cut on the final slash tho, t'was some epic shit, but everything that happened before that was horrendous to sit through.

Unfortunately, Shonen will always do the dialogue pause thing for as long as we live
Jun 1, 2019 10:13 AM
Sep 2015
Enemies' abilities are too playful. It's definitely work in ability-driven shows like My Hero Academia, One Punch Man, HxH or Black Clover, but not Yaiba. Or Yaibais also ability-driven show?
Jun 1, 2019 10:22 AM
Apr 2014
They're stretching a bit with the short recaps, but otherwise still a good episode.
Jun 1, 2019 10:25 AM

Apr 2018
Another great episode, and I like how Yushiro do Fight and help nezuko in this episode, while in the manga he almost did absolutely nothing.
I expected ufo to adapt 3 chapter for this episode, and I'm a bit disappointed they did (again) 2 chapter per episode, But overall still a great episode Imo, much better than the manga
Jfs_Jun 1, 2019 10:57 AM
Jun 1, 2019 10:27 AM

Jan 2018
THE CG ACTUALLY BLENDED WITH THE ANIME OH MY GOD
Jun 1, 2019 10:28 AM
Mar 2015
Glad he didn't lose his instead. Instead the arrow demon lost his
Jun 1, 2019 10:34 AM

May 2016
Man this was one poorly paced and directed ep. Felt sluggish and like they were trying to desperately stall for time WAY too often, and that's definitely not how you do exciting action... So many odd halts in the fight and weird transitions, and so much general repetitiveness (other than the stupid flashbacks)... I get that animating the action takes a lot and that they maybe needed to concentrate it to keep standards--but wow that definitely still could have been laid out better. There's no way what little we actually got to see of the fight here justified an entire episode... Maybe half an episode's worth at most. And I think they did realise this in the later stages of production lol. Maybe someone thought it'd be okay to keep this episode adapting a similar amount of pages/chapters, forgetting or underestimating just how fast animating action/fights can speed through content.
Oh and constantly maniacally laughing edgy "blood blood blood!! murder murder murder!!!" female villain = big cringe from me. I despise that cliché so much.

Having said all this though the actual action bits were still pretty sick. And the MUSIC in this show! Never disappoints at all. And the sound design is fucking great too, feel like that definitely needs more appreciation here.

Karunasagar_Gv said:
This has visuals and animation on par with MobPsycho 100.

Nani?
What?
Que?
We watching the same show??
ZaugrJun 2, 2019 1:49 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2019 10:36 AM

Apr 2018
phantomfandom said:
Enemies' abilities are too playful. It's definitely work in ability-driven shows like My Hero Academia, One Punch Man, HxH or Black Clover, but not Yaiba. Or Yaibais also ability-driven show?
Yes? Most of the demons had a unique abilities and can use some Magic
Jun 1, 2019 10:36 AM
Jun 2015
MattUzumaki said:
90% of the fight was so incredibly illogical it blows my mind. WTF was that garbage... Worst episode yet.
MattUzumaki said:
how so, please elaborate further on your statement
Jun 1, 2019 10:39 AM

May 2015
fuck ufotable for stretching out fights so much using short recaps and fucking slow mo everything
Jun 1, 2019 10:45 AM
Sep 2015
Jfs_ said:
phantomfandom said:

So that means no more ugly demons mindlessly ripped off people's bodies? From now on only elite fight with good-looking demons and their 'quirks'?
Jun 1, 2019 10:49 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Weebover9000 said:
-Stray said:

Unfortunately, Shonen will always do the dialogue pause thing for as long as we live

I'd be wonderful if some shows tried to buck that trend.
Everytime six arm demon started talking I felt like scrolling forward. It's so cliché and boring.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 1, 2019 10:56 AM

Apr 2015
Such a amazing episode and enjoyed the fight scenes so much!!
Jun 1, 2019 11:04 AM
Mar 2019
Those were some of the best uses of 3D camera I've ever seen!
These demons are a lot stronger than they appeared last episode. Pretty interesting lore this episode too, with the introduction of the 12 Demon Moons. I'm super excited for what's to come.
All these people complaining about break in action to fit in dialogue, like you've never seen a shonen before? Pretty harsh to call it the worst episode when imo the action sequences exceeded my expectations by a large margin. The cg'd models looked extremely similar to the 2d renditions, very relieving to see the aesthetic of the show not be hindered by noticeably awful cg.
Great job as always ufotable! Here's to the next era of shonen and the future Big 3! Kempai!
Jun 1, 2019 11:10 AM

Apr 2018
nanashi796 said:
fuck ufotable for stretching out fights so much using short recaps and fucking slow mo everything
I'm still very grateful that KnY is adapted by ufo, I Still prefer this adaptation by ufotable rather than by pierrot or toei adaptation.
Jun 1, 2019 11:13 AM
Jul 2015
nanashi796 said:

You won't get a faster pacing with any other studio, this shueisha decision.
Jun 1, 2019 11:14 AM
Mar 2019
Man this was one poorly paced and directed ep. Felt sluggish and like they were trying to desperately stall for time WAY too often, and that's definitely not how you do exciting action... So many odd halts in the fight and weird transitions, and so much general repetitiveness (other than the stupid flashbacks)... I get that animating the action takes a lot and that they maybe needed to concentrate it to keep standards--but wow that definitely still could have been laid out better. There's no way what little we actually got to see of the fight here justified an entire episode... Maybe half an episode's worth at most. And I think they did realise this in the later stages of production lol. Maybe someone thought it'd be okay to keep this episode adapting a similar amount of pages/chapters, forgetting or underestimating just how fast animating action/fights can speed through content.
Oh and constantly maniacally laughing edgy "blood blood blood!! murder murder murder!!!" female villain = big cringe from me. I despite that cliché so much.

Having said all this though the actual action bits were still pretty sick. And the MUSIC in this show! Never disappoints at all. And the sound design is fucking great too, feel like that definitely needs more appreciation here.

Karunasagar_Gv said:
This has visuals and animation on par with MobPsycho 100.

Nani?
What?
Que?
We watching the same show?

No, no and no, the animation of Kimetsu is good, but not so much, the animation of sakuga that has Mob Psycho 100 gives a good kick to this anime.
Jun 1, 2019 11:15 AM

May 2015
Jfs_ said:
nanashi796 said:
I'm still very grateful that KnY is adapted by ufo, I Still prefer this adaptation by ufotable rather than by pierrot or toei adaptation.
me too me too, but fuck it could be much better.

Dab1za9 said:
nanashi796 said:

then fuck shueisha

Mod edit: A post was removed so the two posts got merged to prevent double posting.
DeadlyRavenJun 5, 2019 4:55 PM
Jun 1, 2019 11:17 AM

May 2016
Dab1za9 said:

Heh??? Just what do you think a director and those working on the storyboard do..? Shueisha isn't in charge of these creative decisions lol, what the fuck. They can probably demand or veto certain things at meetings but you can't blame these things on them... They're not artists they're producers, and what that guy was complaining about was just a common theme you see in the studio's works.

DrakenKnight said:
No, no and no, the animation of Kimetsu is good, but not so much, the animation of sakuga that has Mob Psycho 100 gives a good kick to this anime.

Can't tell who you're agreeing with and who you're disagreeing with... However Kimetsu's animation is definitely pretty great, but if you think it's as good as Mob Psycho's, or even better, then... Yeah. I don't know what to say.
ZaugrJun 1, 2019 11:23 AM
Jun 1, 2019 11:18 AM
Jun 2016
Episode looked great. Cg fit so good into the other animation, blew me away. The flashback was a bit redundant, but not to bothersome. Sound is great. Just in lvoe with the style of the anime in general.
Jun 1, 2019 11:19 AM
Mar 2019
Jfs_ said:

So that means no more ugly demons mindlessly ripped off people's bodies? From now on only elite fight with good-looking demons and their 'quirks'?

more or less what you say hahahaha
Jun 1, 2019 11:21 AM

May 2016
One demon down one more to go, Nezuko got her leg cut pretty bad, wonder if she gonna sleep again that would be troublesome for her fans.
Jun 1, 2019 11:22 AM
Jul 2015
Zaugr said:
Dab1za9 said:

Heh??? Just what do you think a director and those working on the storyboard do..? Shueisha isn't in charge of these creative decisions lol, what the fuck. They can probably demand or veto certain things at meetings but you can't blame these things on them... They're not artists they're producers, and what that guy was complaining about was just a common theme you see in the studio's works.

Shueisha is the one that owns the works and they are the one that decide the number of episodes and how many arcs are going to be adapted and this is happen a lot with WSJ stuff, see OP,MHA 1st season and black clover.

and of course the director could have handled better but he isn't the one who decide how many chapters are going to be adapted.
Jun 1, 2019 11:26 AM

Sep 2017
What the FUCK Ufotable. This was a crazy visually impressive episode. Are they both Twelve Demon Moons or is it just the weirdly attractive ball demon? Regardless of whether they are or not, it's apparent they are both vastly more powerful than anything Tanjirou has faced off against before. Was he able to kill the arrow guy at the end? He was able to cut off its head, but given how powerful it is I wouldn't be surprised if it has some other trick up its sleeve. The skit at the end suggested these two demons only just met, which is crazy as they are almost acting like they have been working together as a team for years.
Jun 1, 2019 11:27 AM

Apr 2018
Karunasagar_Gv said:
I can't wait for the blu-ray to be released. This has visuals and animation on par with MobPsycho 100.

DrakenKnight said:

I think Mob had a better animation, while Kimetsu had a better art and visuals.
Jun 1, 2019 11:27 AM

May 2016
Dab1za9 said:

Shueisha is the one that owns the works and they are the one that decide the number of episodes and how many arcs are going to be adapted and this is happen a lot with WSJ stuff, see OP,MHA 1st season and black clover.

and of course the director could have handled better but he isn't the one who decide how many chapter are going to be adapted.

I know who Shueisha are... And what you said has little to do with the pacing and directing of the episode. Shueisha may decide how many episodes it'll have in total or how much they want adapted (though that's not a surety anyway... It's a production COMMITTEE) but they just about definitely don't have anything to do with how an episode is actually directed and paced, and how the staff plans their episodes and material out. They're given a certain amount of material to work with, yes, but not what specifically, episode-by-episode to do with it... The studio HANDLES that. That's their job. No one in Shueisha's anime production arm is a series director, episode director or storyboard artist... They make mostly marketing/publishing decisions, as well as overhead decisions on the broader vision they want to meet. They're business people. Again, not creatives.
I think you're really lacking understand here... You can't blame the pacing of an episode on Shueisha LMAO. Not here.
"and of course the director could have handled better" - let's stop there. That's all that needs to be said, and all that guy was saying.
ZaugrJun 1, 2019 11:43 AM
Jun 1, 2019 11:28 AM

Apr 2016
I'm not a fan of some aspects of the anime (above all the main's voice and personality pisses me off) but dam I really love the art! So beautiful! and the animation is good aswell. The should have tried to make the demon's arrow attacks as good-looking as Tanjirou water attacks, that would have been even better.
Jun 1, 2019 11:34 AM
Mar 2019
Karunasagar_Gv said:

DrakenKnight said:

I think Mob had a better animation, while Kimetsu had a better art and visuals.

in a way yes, in that part I agree.
Jun 1, 2019 11:38 AM

Oct 2017
Just the amazing art and animation makes me want to watch this anime. Good episode indeed.

I want you to be happy.
I want you to laugh a lot.
I don’t know what exactly
I’ll be able to do for you,
but I’ll always be by your side.
Jun 1, 2019 11:42 AM
Jul 2015
Zaugr said:
Dab1za9 said:

and of course the director could have handled better but he isn't the one who decide how many chapter are going to be adapted.

I know who Shueisha are... And what you said has little to do with the pacing and directing of the episode. Shueisha may decide how many episodes it'll have in total or how much they want adapted (though that's not a surety anyway... It's a production COMMITEE) but they just about definitely don't have anything to do with how an episode is actually directed and paced, and how the staff plans their episodes and material out. They're given a certain amount of material to work with, yes, but not what specifically, episode-by-episode to do with it... The studio HANDLES that. That's their job. No one at Shueisha is a director or storyboard artist.
I think you're really lacking understand here... You can't blame the pacing of an episode on Shueisha LMAO. Not here.
"and of course the director could have handled better" - let's stop here. That's all that needs to be said, and all that guy was saying.

I thin you're the one who is lacking in understanding, if they decide how many chapters are going to be adapted which they are because Aniplex and Shueisha are on top of the production committee then the only thing a studio can do is stretch things or add filler.

anyway whatever i think we both agree that the pacing sucks no matter who is the reason.

Jun 1, 2019 11:46 AM

Feb 2015
So good but those cliffhangers are killing me.
Jun 1, 2019 11:57 AM

Dec 2013
Quite bad pacing this episode.
They've used two flashbacks from previous episode just to insert that flashback.
Kind of lazy directing, if you ask me.
Jun 1, 2019 12:02 PM

Mar 2010
With some touches, CG scenes can be amazing. These turns and maneuvers remind me of attack on titan's scenes.

Why don't i still see the story as interesting though. I guess I'll give it more time..
Jun 1, 2019 12:18 PM

May 2015
What's up with all the flashbacks, it's not like things happened even several episodes ago... felt like they reused animation too much just to stretch time.

The fight wasn't all that exciting, those techniques with arrows look weird, they seem like just a convenient device to make it easier following the moves, but it takes you from the story a bit, I couldn't be seriously concerned for the outcome. Besides, I thought even in the previous episode, that these characters look disposable, they are portrayed as such a threat but after all, MC will win anyway. Didn't expect the eyes guy to go first though, he looked a bit more interesting than the temari sushi demon, characters like her I actually hate, all this self-assuredness and annoying laughter, meh.
Jun 1, 2019 12:26 PM
Apr 2019
This show is decent and all, but man it has the most contrived plot shenanigans I have ever seen.
Jun 1, 2019 12:33 PM
Apr 2016
Eh, felt really bored with this episode. Now we get "The Twelve Moons" and I assume the story won't move on until Tanjirou defeats all of them.
Jun 1, 2019 12:36 PM

Oct 2017
So, they had to use fillers in this episode, lol...
Jun 1, 2019 12:53 PM
Mar 2019
Quite bad pacing this episode.
They've used two flashbacks from previous episode just to insert that flashback.
Kind of lazy directing, if you ask me.

Well ... I agree with you, there is also one thing that was badly adapted in the anime, besides neither are there flashbacks in the manga, that part was added by the director to the anime.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Yesterday, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Yesterday, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2019

316 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 18, 12:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.