Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 24, 2019 11:49 AM

Oct 2018
And another amazing episode, I loved it
Rui's backstory was actually sad, and when he reunited with his parents in the end, I starting tearing up

I love this anime more and more with each episode!

Also, Nezuko running away was the cutest thing I've ever seen

I'm curious what the next episode will be about
There will be some kind of trial I see
Is it going to be about Tanjirou protecting a demon(Nezuko)?
Or it's rather like they want to ask Tanjirou some questions, like why Nezuko is not attacking humans at all?

Or maybe! Maybe one of the crows saw Tanjirou using fire, and the pillars saw it through the crow, and they want to ask him about that?
Or maybe all of these?
Damn I really want to see the next episode!
-Aincrad-Aug 24, 2019 12:24 PM
Aug 24, 2019 11:53 AM

Feb 2013
At least Rui remembered who he was.
Aug 24, 2019 11:57 AM

Feb 2016
Why is this anime so unbearably slow? Literally almost nothing happened on this episode. There's no need to expand on the demons backstory that much, it drags the story way too much, Spidermom's backstory was shorter and it was easier to sympathize with her. It was too late for the others to even get redeemed.

It does not help either that Shinobu keeps triggering Giyuu while not letting Tanjiro or Giyuu explain themselves. All that time wasted served nothing because in the end they'd be taking Tanjiro and Nezuko to the pillars anyway.

Edit: Since the average MAL user has terrible reading comprehension I'll say this before people keep misunderstanding and making wrong assumptions: I'M NOT AGAINST HAVING BACKSTORIES!

Thank you.
CrimsonWandererAug 26, 2019 2:00 PM
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall

Aug 2013
SmilingBeginner said:

Here is a fun question for the anime-only friends: can you guess who is the strongest among these Hashira based on impression alone? The true answer might surprise you A LOT XD

If you said that... I'm betting for the pink-green haired girl
Please consider reading my novel for MAL x Honeyfeed Writing contest 2023 https://www.honeyfeed.fm/novels/12252

Mar 2016
-Stray said:
SmilingBeginner said:

Here is a fun question for the anime-only friends: can you guess who is the strongest among these Hashira based on impression alone? The true answer might surprise you A LOT XD

Don't tell me if I'm right or wrong but I feel like its the obvious flame/fire user one because of that wild ass hair lol, if not then its the most not obvious one which is the short one with navy blue? hair color, looks meek, cant even tell if its a he or a she.

That's a male. It's never really specifically stated in the manga how the individual pillars rank power-wise, though you do get a general sense of where each one stands as you see them in battle, based on the matchups and their performance.

Funny enough though, we do know EXACTLY how the pillars rank purely in terms of physical strength, and there are definitely some surprises there lol...
Aug 24, 2019 11:58 AM

Oct 2017
Gorochu said:
So there are total 7 Hashira. Is Hashira the highest rank in Demon Slayer Corp or there's more ranked higher than them?

There are actually 9 pillars or hashira and yes, based on the ranking, they are the highest. The only one higher than them is the head of the Demon Slayer Corp. Edited to add that by 9 pillars, I meant based on anime-pace so yeah.
staraniseAug 24, 2019 12:08 PM
Aug 24, 2019 12:00 PM
Dec 2014
Dragged out the Rui backstory a bit... wasn't too interested which might have been why. I don't like how much character development they get after the death in an effort to make you feel bad/sympathize. It's been done a little too much now that it's become tiresome more than anything.

Anime has shown it can do pacing very well though. Really engaging story line. But a rather boring episode other than the Nezuko scene. That made me actually go "aww" in a "what in the fuck" type of way.
Aug 24, 2019 12:01 PM

Apr 2014
Small Running Nezuko is cute

Aug 24, 2019 12:16 PM

Jun 2017
Another great episode. I really enjoy that Demons aren't painted as being evil for no reason, and that the morality of slaying them lies somewhere in the grey. Rui's backstory was good to see after so many episodes focused on him and his "family". Once again, Demon Slayer leaves me wanting the next episode immediately.
Aug 24, 2019 12:29 PM

Jan 2009
Rengoku is finally here the ultimate bro of this manga
Aug 24, 2019 12:38 PM

Dec 2013
Chibi Nezuko is the cutest thing ever.

Love how this show has that nostalgic and sad feeling after a "victory", there is no winning on that show, everyone has lost so much.
Aug 24, 2019 12:40 PM
Aug 2012
Good Episode I would give it an average of 3.5/5

Just how Cute Nezuko is <3

Aug 24, 2019 12:50 PM

Sep 2018
Why literally every villain that goes through a redamption, must do it when he's dying?
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Aug 24, 2019 12:54 PM

Dec 2018
chair-sama said:
Why literally every villain that goes through a redamption, must do it when he's dying?

*Redemption

I think that's kind of how it's like in real life too. Some people only start being honest to themselves in their last moments, when they've got nothing left to lose and they're forced to reflect on their lives.
Aug 24, 2019 12:59 PM
Oct 2016
Meh, too late for me to really care about Rui. The flashback was ok

Mini Nezuko was one of the cutest things I've ever seen in this anime industry

KAWAIIIIIIIII 😍😍

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2019 1:00 PM
Sep 2018
SmilingBeginner said:

The pink-haired-slut would be my pick. Afterall, I can always trust my dick when it comes to this kind of things.
Aug 24, 2019 1:07 PM

Oct 2017
I don't know if I was the only weak person that cried like a baby with the sad story about Rui, but I did it.
By the way, it was strange the situation it saved Tanjiro and Nezuko of they being called by the slayers demons society's, now I'am wondering why it's supposed that Giyuu is the mostly hated between the pillars but I really wanna believe that is because of he is too strong or something like that.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Aug 24, 2019 1:19 PM
Aug 2019
As the quote at the bottom said maybe it is the reason. Like they do not think about the consequences while they are living or maybe they are thinking but still do it and regret then reflects. That is how People I have seen in real life while they are dying.

ShanAsuna said:
chair-sama said:

*Redemption

I think that's kind of how it's like in real life too. Some people only start being honest to themselves in their last moments, when they've got nothing left to lose and they're forced to reflect on their lives.

Yeah, truly it is.

Btw, I keep on focusing if Tanjirou is going to get Blood out from Rui 😅.
Aug 24, 2019 1:29 PM

Mar 2018
Yo, Nezuko is the cutest thing in the world.
Aug 24, 2019 1:39 PM

Aug 2019
Rui backstory was sad, Nezuko being cute, also I was wondering when that girl was gonna show up.

Aug 24, 2019 1:39 PM

Mar 2018
So sad! He just wanted some incest man. Low-key some of these Demons are so lacking in depth they just come of as school shooters I'm supposed to give a fuck about. No, even worse, some dude who couldn't write and another who was bad at playing drums or something? They're all terrible edgelords anyway whatever! What's the point of trying to humanize them in this cheap way before their death every time LOL. Oh ye to show how kind Tanjirou is.. he smells their emotions. It's so dumb when there are actual demons who voluntarily help humans. It's impossible to sympathize with these comical mass murderers, just look at the way low-tier demon slayers get killed it's honestly hilarious.

Hmm so I was kinda right? They ARE a cleanup crew and foodservice.. what have they been busy with all this time hundreds of humans went missing. Even their own Corps members! And this Giyu guy rekt the Leader easily. I'm mindblown. What were they busy with? Sure as hell not protecting some legendary family line. Just look at how big their organization is..
poop
Aug 24, 2019 1:41 PM

Jul 2015
Tanjiro didnt notice who knock him out lol
Aug 24, 2019 1:45 PM

May 2017
omg Nezuko stay like this forever 😍

CARP 9/12/18 Eterno
Aug 24, 2019 1:57 PM

May 2019
It was a nice and calm episode. The end was still a cliffhanger though.

Ufotable kills it each time. If this anime doesn't get any awards with this top-notch animation I'm gonna flip some tables. The manga (art-wise) is nothing special but the animation, man, it's just SO FRIGGIN GOOD.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Aug 24, 2019 2:03 PM
Oct 2018
Not bad episode at all but I’m kind annoyed that since the famous episode 19 Tanjiro didn’t do anything, I was hoping something else after that episode but I didn’t get it yet. Still it seems that next episode will be more centered around Tanjiro so I’waiting for it.
And when I say that, I don’t want to say that I don’t like what we got but just that I wish I could have everything. But even if I do like the demon’s background I must say that the one of this episode felt a bit too much for me. Like I would have enjoyed it better without the last scene where his parents are going with him to hell and the one where Tanjiro got mad because the guy was walking on the demon’s clothes. Even if he had a sad story it doesn’t justify what he did so it seems a too nice end for him according to him.
Aug 24, 2019 2:16 PM

Apr 2015
The stories about the Demon's past as a human really make me feel sad, same goes when I saw Rui's backstory.

I can't blame Shinobu for wanting to kill Nezuko, as she doesn't know the situation. But I am glad Giyuu was there to hold her off. Only for Shinobu to send Kanao to try to kill Nezuko. (She's also pretty cute if you ask me)

OMG, Nezuko shrinking to avoid that sword and then running on, was by far the cutest thing this episode.

So the Demon Slayer Corps Headquarters... we saw pretty much all the pillars in that final shot, looking forward seeing more of them (and if Giyuu is going to get punished or not).
Aug 24, 2019 2:17 PM
Apr 2016
chair-sama said:
ShanAsuna said:
chair-sama said:

*Redemption

Ax_El_Erate said:
As the quote at the bottom said maybe it is the reason. Like they do not think about the consequences while they are living or maybe they are thinking but still do it and regret then reflects. That is how People I have seen in real life while they are dying.

ShanAsuna said:

*Redemption

Yeah, truly it is.

Btw, I keep on focusing if Tanjirou is going to get Blood out from Rui 😅.

Let's be honest here, because it is the best way to maximize drama and provide viewers with emotional overflow. Accepting one's own faults and undergoing a change of heart takes rather different amount of time... both in reality and decent series.
Re:formed
Aug 24, 2019 2:23 PM

Aug 2013
Okay that ep was sad, funny and cute at the same time with the myriad of stuff that went on. However....the only thing that is getting to me is this: Tanjiro has managed to be a member of the DSC for this long without ANYONE in HQ knowing about his sister? Are you fucking kidding me right now? I mean...his damn bird obviously reports on his behalf back and forth to HQ and you mean to tell me that no one knew about Nezuko outside of his teacher and Tomioka? That's...that's kind of a hard sell here. But we shall see how this "Trials" arc goes.
Don't believe the hype.
Aug 24, 2019 2:26 PM

Oct 2018
DedPanda said:
Okay that ep was sad, funny and cute at the same time with the myriad of stuff that went on. However....the only thing that is getting to me is this: Tanjiro has managed to be a member of the DSC for this long without ANYONE in HQ knowing about his sister? Are you fucking kidding me right now? I mean...his damn bird obviously reports on his behalf back and forth to HQ and you mean to tell me that no one knew about Nezuko outside of his teacher and Tomioka? That's...that's kind of a hard sell here. But we shall see how this "Trials" arc goes.

Has that crow ever seen Nezuko at all?

I think it's only seen Tanjirou with that box on his back
Aug 24, 2019 2:29 PM

Aug 2013
-Aincrad- said:
DedPanda said:

Has that crow ever seen Nezuko at all?

I think it's only seen Tanjirou with that box on his back

It makes me want to go back and double check; plus if the cleanup crew is always near by to tidy things up after every DSC mission...it almost begs the question of just HOW things are carried out behind the scenes. I'm hoping this stuff gets answered soon.
Don't believe the hype.
Aug 24, 2019 2:37 PM
Sep 2018
I'm not bothering making a new thread, so i'll ask here. Manga readers, show your ass up.

I wanna start the manga, and i'll read from the start sure, after the season is over but for now i wanna start when this episode ended up. Can someone tell me the chapter? Thank you!
Aug 24, 2019 2:39 PM
Oct 2018
DedPanda said:
Maybe they knew and they let her go with tanjiro but also they were watching and analyze her since she a unique demon
Aug 24, 2019 2:42 PM
Sep 2018
DedPanda said:
Okay, that's something i never though of. I think the one who controlls them was ordered by someone who has a higher rank to not raport to anyone for reasons we might know in the future.

I'm more bothered with the fact Giyuu didn't remember them. I mean, yes, two years have passed, but still, they weren't just random people who talked briefly with him. They were something he wouldn't forget too easy, if not ever. He did something unusual, that's why.
Aug 24, 2019 2:42 PM
Oct 2018
KIMG said:
I'm not bothering making a new thread, so i'll ask here. Manga readers, show your ass up.

I wanna start the manga, and i'll read from the start sure, after the season is over but for now i wanna start when this episode ended up. Can someone tell me the chapter? Thank you!
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1777310
Aug 24, 2019 2:48 PM
Mar 2017
Well, Rui's backstory was certainly sad, nothing more to add, the child's life was very difficult, due to his weak constitution and the good Muzan made things worse with his intention to save Rui, who eventually ended up killing his own family, there was clear his obsession with family ties, since he cut ties with his family, but anyway, Rui can now go to rest with his family and Tanjirou says goodbye to the soul of little Rui with that warm hand touching his body that slowly disintegrates.

I knew that Shinobu would go with everything against Nezuko, without speaking or asking she went straight to attack Nezuko, but Giyu stopped her.
Shinobu despite hearing that Nezuko is Tanjirou's younger sister, she didn't hesitate and still plans to kill Nezuko, but again Giyu interferes and allows both siblings to flee.
Shinobu is so elegant and agile, really her way of moving in the air resembles a butterfly, so elegance.
Finally another of the rookies of the selection appears and she is the one that caused me the most curiosity, Kanao Tsuyuri seems to have some relationship with Shinobu due to the butterfly hair pin, maybe an apprentice or they are sisters, we will eventually know (I hope), but what I loved most about Kanao is that Reina Ueda is her VA, damn I'm so happy.

Nezuko fleeing for her life in her loli form was too adorable, I think I repeated this scene about three times, since it was too adorable and seeing how she dodged Kanao's attacks was the cutest thing ever and then that part that Kanao asks if she is Nezuko ... she is to sweet for this world.

Shinobu was so pissed off with Giyu, she was about to give Giyu a sneak attack, but orders arrive that call to capture Tanjirou and Nezuko, a not very encouraging scenario for both siblings.

At last we have a complete look at the Pillars, they are not all, but still I am satisfied with this, I want to know and listen to the pink hair girl and I think that the guy with the swords on his back will be an asshole, Fire hair like guy looks like someone reasonable at first glance, I hope I'm not mistaken and I hope Giyu has explained to Shinobu the situation of the siblings, I think it will be necessary for Tanjirou to have allies within the pillars.
Aug 24, 2019 2:55 PM

Oct 2018
I'm surprised no one has mentioned how Giyu and Shinobu just stopped the fight and pretended like nothing has happened when the crows were giving the orders

I mean yeah they got orders that made their fight basically pointless, but still
I found it a bit strange
Aug 24, 2019 3:00 PM

Jan 2017
Chibi nezuko was the best thing ever, even with a cool down episode, this anime doesnt fail to deliver... but theres only 5 episodes left. RIP until next time

Xenocrisi said:
Ehmmm, moshi moshi? Nezuko running away from Kanao was like the cutest thing ever. It was just so overwhelming LMAO
And DAMN, Muzan was hot as fuck in the past.

What do you mean, Muzan is still hot as fxck
Aug 24, 2019 3:01 PM

Jul 2016
Great episode. Backstory of Rui is the first half of the episode. And the other half is aftermath of the battle that concludes this arc. Chibi Nezuko is cute. And other Hashiras appeared. Overall nice conclusion. To the next episode

Aug 24, 2019 3:05 PM

Feb 2015
Felt a little slow, and man, how did I forget how annoying Shinobu and Kanou were in this scene? Anyways, it hit all the necessary nails.

ShanAsuna said:
chair-sama said:

*Redemption

It's not even redemption, it's just a regaining of humanity and admission of fault. Death and a revelation of human memories understandably would vastly change a dying person.

SmilingBeginner said:

Now that is a question that depends on your definition of strength.
Aug 24, 2019 3:06 PM
Aug 2019
This is truly a good anime
Aug 24, 2019 3:19 PM

Oct 2018
SmilingBeginner said:

Well I don't know about that, but I can tell they would make hell of a fight against any of the twelve Kizuki, probably some of the best ones in shounen anime, mainly the guys on the left, right and in the middle
Aug 24, 2019 3:20 PM

Jul 2019
This episode ended up being quite surprising and suspensive, though the first half was really sad. I'm glad they did show Rui's backstory. It seems things are about to get interesting in the next episode.

Reach for the
Stars☆

Aug 24, 2019 3:21 PM
Oct 2018
the back story of the kid made me a shed a tear, after a year and months of violet evergarden episode 10
Aug 24, 2019 3:23 PM

Aug 2018
Ah finally, Rui is now really dead & "buried", I thought we would never get to see him vanish lol

A different episode this time, it went from PvE to PvP, or more like Slayers vs Slayers. Though this will be interesting to learn a bit more about their hierarchy.
Aug 24, 2019 3:25 PM
Oct 2018
HereticHunter said:
There's no need to expand on the demons backstory that much, it wastes a lot of time

shut up lol xd complain to author
Aug 24, 2019 3:26 PM
Oct 2018
Yautja said:
Felt a little slow, and man, how did I forget how annoying Shinobu and Kanou were in this scene? Anyways, it hit all the necessary nails.

ShanAsuna said:

*Redemption

It's not even redemption, it's just a regaining of humanity and admission of fault. Death and a revelation of human memories understandably would vastly change a dying person.

SmilingBeginner said:

Now that is a question that depends on your definition of strength.

I think the girl with big boobs
Aug 24, 2019 3:28 PM

Mar 2019
Another episode too light on the Zen-man but whatevs.
Aug 24, 2019 3:38 PM

Oct 2017
slavemaster_1991 said:
Me: Nezuko can't get more cute!
Nezuko: Watch this.
11/10

I wonder how much the seiyuu got paid for those Nezuko noises
Aug 24, 2019 3:49 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Rui's backstory was very sad because he had a family all along, but he killed them due being manipulated Muzan. Once again Nezuko steals the shows by making herself small while running away. Zenitsu being wrapped up like a mummy was pretty funny. So next week we get to meet the pillars of the Demon Slayer Corps. I can't wait.
Aug 24, 2019 4:22 PM

Feb 2016
EDI12 said:
HereticHunter said:
There's no need to expand on the demons backstory that much, it wastes a lot of time

shut up lol xd complain to author

As far as I know, I have the right to state my opinion on forums, so don't go telling people to shut up just because they don't think so highly of something you like.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Yesterday, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 22, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.