Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 17, 2019 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, it looks like we're getting the Rail Zeppelin arc now. Yvette was so silly to watch though with that personality of hers. On the other hand, there's also others like Hishiri and even Olga showing up on that train.

I'm rather curious about how they'll focus the rest of this arc. What a cliffhanger :o
Aug 17, 2019 10:09 AM

Aug 2013
Even Olga Marie makes an appearance. I always find her character to be annoying.

The way the lady was killed at the end was brutal.

Aug 17, 2019 10:10 AM

Apr 2016
Olga is eleven years old in this ...

And of course, it would be a waste if they did not have a murder in a train. That's like THE most detective thing lol. Also its nice to see that the author is giving some screen time to the characters like Shishigou (even tho they not in the LN), but it would be really nice if we could expand those cameos on other characters from the other TM works .. like for example that one red haired character with Mystic Eyes ...
SwagernatorAug 17, 2019 10:15 AM
Aug 17, 2019 10:34 AM

Apr 2014
Goodness gracious this episode has a lot of information and plans in the shadows. Though the ending was freaking brutal. Gray. Well we had to know what she was. But I wasn't so sure for myself. Gray seems nauseous about Mystic eyes. Well either this could be something she saw that must've been brutal with them, or something possibly worse. Who knows. Might as well find out later down the road.
Aug 17, 2019 10:47 AM

Dec 2015
YES! OLGA IS HERE T_T

Her character design is differently cuter (she's 11 y.o here)

Asking Waver's help to gain the Mystic Eyes of Rainbow.

And nice to have more Shishigou too here. I heard in 2-3 previous episode discussions before he'll not being seen again.

More Caules and Yvette is good too.

A bit more clue they showed about Gray by that Holy Church guy. Poor Gray always got interrupted when she want to give her little souvenir :(

And of course there'll be something like murder to happen. But I didn't expected it would be that lady as the victim tho.
JuuzouXIIIAug 17, 2019 10:51 AM
Aug 17, 2019 11:00 AM

Aug 2010
>keeps referencing mystic eyes and rainbow mystic eyes
>keeps referencing mystic eyes killer glasses
>has almost the entire season focus on mystic eyes actually
>keeps all cameos from the skipped ln volumes
>doesn't cameo the one character with the most experience in the nasuverse and the inventor of the strongest mystic eyes killer glasses in the world
>still doesn't cameo her even when she appears in two of the three skipped volumes

What are you even doing TROYCA!!!!??????

Aside from that, really liked this episode.
astroprogsAug 17, 2019 11:05 AM
Aug 17, 2019 11:00 AM

Jan 2017
Ah all those cameos, even Olga is here. I really like how they are adding a small thing here and there to link everything with Fate universe.
Aug 17, 2019 11:32 AM

Apr 2016
astroprogs said:
>doesn't cameo the one character with the most experience in the nasuverse and the inventor of the strongest mystic eyes killer glasses in the world
>still doesn't cameo her even when she appears in two of the three skipped volumes

Exactly, this show showed us that they can add numerous not really important/needed cameo characters just for the sake of fanservice, but the one character that is an expert on the one thing that is the main plot focus is completely ignored, even tho she would fit here perfectly ... so they either ignore the whole existence of knk or just focus fate pander train instead.
Aug 17, 2019 12:20 PM

Jul 2019
Good episode overall but the mystical of eye viewing emotions? Too bad she still cannot see his disgust...

Brace yourselves. We are going full 'Agatha Christie' with this one lads and ladettes.
Aug 17, 2019 12:40 PM

May 2018
Ok so who was this woman that appeared in front of shades guy?????

RIP to Trisha.
Aug 17, 2019 1:45 PM
Apr 2016
"Seeing was the first magical spell in the human history".

And then there is "Trisha's" body.

Draw the parallels folks?
Seygneur said:
Good episode overall but the mystical of eye viewing emotions? Too bad she still cannot see his disgust...

Brace yourselves. We are going full 'Agatha Christie' with this one lads and ladettes.

I am actually amazed, a well thought-out detective story in a rather complicated (in many senses) universe. I am looking forward to this magical Poirot.
And at this point we can commence the theory building:
There is a twist concerning Trisha's body, either she is alive or the whole scene is a diversion.
The church guy invited Waver to have him help with resolving a situation like the one we see at the end of the episode. If he can see the past then it would not be troubling for him to enter a vault (by repeating the locking patterns?).
The church guy is extra-cool.
Swagernator said:

Exactly, this show showed us that they can add numerous not really important/needed cameo characters just for the sake of fanservice, but the one character that is an expert on the one thing that is the main plot focus is completely ignored, even tho she would fit here perfectly ... so they either ignore the whole existence of knk or just focus fate pander train instead.

OR maybe they want to appear coherent and wholesome and don't shove in needless moments of... pandering to the "Nasu universe" "fans"? Or whatever.
JuuzouXIII said:

And nice to have more Shishigou too here. I heard in 2-3 previous episode discussions before he'll not being seen again.
When I said so I kinda believed this is just a spin-off. But they are doing an amazing job with tying this series into the broader universe. One day I will proudly call it "canon", hopefully.
Daniel_NaumovAug 17, 2019 1:51 PM
Re:formed
Aug 17, 2019 2:29 PM

Feb 2017
Great episode!
Things are finally starting to pick up ! ~
great to see olga, shishigo & pink haird crazy girl <3
Aug 17, 2019 2:34 PM

Oct 2012
I thought the servants DO remember their previous summons, isn't this actual contradiction with the rest of the lore?

Hmm, so this 'train' will be actually blend of Poirot's Orient Express and Holy Grail War elimination? Dunno what to think about it just yet. But I certainly didn't liked this episode much.
btw - the priest is certainly interesting character.

Also, someone please kill Yvette already, she's annoying as heck.
Aug 17, 2019 2:43 PM

Apr 2015
Not gonna lie, I have gotten to the point where I am missing or simply not getting some of the cameos in this. I really like seeing Shishigou, but the likes of Olga does not say anything to me.

The episode itself though..
Quite like the train itself, nicely detailed inside. Poor Gray doesn't seem to be able to handle it too well though. Also that brief flash of the past when the church guy touched her hand was interesting.

Yvette seems like a girl with an interesting personality. For me personally, got the introduction of Olga and Trisha.. only to then find Trisha beheaded in her cabin, that was quite brutal. Things are definitely picking up in this train.
Aug 17, 2019 2:44 PM

Jul 2007
Mich666 said:
I thought the servants DO remember their previous summons, isn't this actual contradiction with the rest of the lore?

Hmm, so this 'train' will be actually blend of Poirot's Orient Express and Holy Grail War elimination? Dunno what to think about it just yet. But I certainly didn't liked this episode much.

They don't. It's been way too many years since I played the game but iirc Saber is "trapped" in a loop with the grail so she doesn't really die when the war is over. And Gilgamesh just survived the corruption of holy grail. I'm sure someone can explain it better :P

Aside from that I'm really curious about Gray. I want to see what's her relation with Saber. I asked again 2 eps ago speculating if she is a saber homunculous but I was told she is human alright. But the priest flashback today... So confusing! Anyways really enjoy this series so far. Didn't expect it when I picked it up!
Aug 17, 2019 2:55 PM

Apr 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
OR maybe they want to appear coherent and wholesome and don't shove in needless moments of... pandering to the "Nasu universe" "fans"? Or whatever.

"needless"

Dude you have no idea what youre talking about.
Aug 17, 2019 3:22 PM

Aug 2018
That Church guy seems chill af, it's a bit of fresh air after the multi-task killer, manipulator, betrayer, crazy Kirei Kotomine a.k.a mapo tofu addict.

Damn that would be terrible if Iskandar reappear and doesn't remember Waver, even if we know he will not cuz it's a prequel.

I didn't expected decapitation, this show already delivered some brutal deaths but not this hardcore, I'm wondering what kind of magus would do that, or perhaps just an assassin.

Gray cannot stop being a cutie, really above any cute saberface like Nero or Mhx.
Aug 17, 2019 3:34 PM

Jul 2016
Good episode. Waver and Gray goes to the train that auctions mystic eyes. Other characters coming back this episode, Shishigou, Adashino, Caules, and Luvia. The new cameo Olga in her teens is nice. The case is starting with some opening crime. Overall good mystery episode. To the next episode

Aug 17, 2019 5:13 PM
Mar 2017
Well the mission to find the thief who stole Ishkandar's cloak has started and many characters joined this trip in the Rail Zeppelin, familiar faces and new faces to meet.

Waver takes Caules with him to the auction in the Rail Zeppelin, I hope he can be useful to the Lord, also a couple of familiar faces appear, including Adashino Hishiri and I can already sense that she is not after anything good.
There was also an acquaintance of the Lord, Olga Marie and her companion Trisha, who come after an extremely rare mystical eye and they don't want Waver on their way.
Another character that caught my attention was Callebaut Frampton, a church envoy, I was curious about the ability of his mystical eye, able to see the past of people, in this case he knew who Gray really is, but this does not seem have been very important for now. Along Callebaut, Leandra also called my suspicions a lot, she is the auctioneer, but she has that mysterious air that makes you suspect her.
First of all, how good to know who the pink-haired girl is and what role she plays in the story, Yvette also has a mystical eye that is able to see people's emotions, and that eye is a diamond, something quite unusual .

Reines is also on the move and she contacts Shishigou to track the person responsible for the robbery that her older brother was affected and he will be assisted by the beautiful Luvia at Reines' request.
Seeing Gray so down gave me sadness, poor thing she didn't feel well due to the method in which the train moves.
The conversation between Olga and Waver caught my attention, I am sure that alliance may result, but the conversation that Waver has alone with Trisha had my full attention, she knew very well what happened to Waver during the holy grail war where he participated, I felt bad for Waver when he was told that if he came to invoke Ishkandar as a servant, the hero would not remember when they were companions.

How sad it was to see Trisha killed, I began to like her character and the power of her mystical eye, I assume that the possession of that eye should be the reason why she was beheaded and that her head was stolen, or maybe Her ability to see the future was a threat to someone of the guests? Well, now Waver will have a lot of work apart from finding his precious memento.
Aug 17, 2019 5:25 PM

Jul 2009
Completely forgot that servants don't retain their past memories when summoned. Now I'm really curious how the meeting between Waver and Iskandar will play out (assuming they reunite eventually, of course).

Still rather confused on what Gray is supposed to be. Already know she's not a mage, but definitely not a servant either since there's no Holy Grail War occuring. Like a sentient fragment of Arturia/Saber, I'm guessing?

Nice to see Olga again. They're really going all out with the cameos.

Trisha's death caught me off-guard. Her head actually got lopped off clean, yikes.
Aug 17, 2019 6:55 PM

Jul 2017
I think this is the first time I've seen shisha in an anime. 10/10 AoTY for me
Aug 17, 2019 8:01 PM

Oct 2015
Short_Circut said:

wtf is a shisha

Skittles said:
Completely forgot that servants don't retain their past memories when summoned. Now I'm really curious how the meeting between Waver and Iskandar will play out (assuming they reunite eventually, of course).

Still rather confused on what Gray is supposed to be. Already know she's not a mage, but definitely not a servant either since there's no Holy Grail War occuring. Like a sentient fragment of Arturia/Saber, I'm guessing?

Nice to see Olga again. They're really going all out with the cameos.

Trisha's death caught me off-guard. Her head actually got lopped off clean, yikes.

pretty sure the twist for trisha is that her head isnt looped off, but she died with her head on and it needed to be looped off for some reason
ill tell you gray backstory on discord :snack:

Mich666 said:

they dont, artoria was the exception to the rule cause shes summoned directly as herself from camalenn,
and gil was already incarnated into a human
any servants that return to the throne and gets summoned again will at most, have vauge recollection of previous events
Mei-o_ScarlettAug 18, 2019 1:07 AM
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Aug 17, 2019 8:28 PM

Jul 2009
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
wtf is a shisha

I think he meant this. What the Middle-Eastern mage was smoking. They're called shishah in some parts of the world.

Aug 17, 2019 8:48 PM

Jul 2017
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
Short_Circut said:

wtf is a shisha

Skittles said:
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
wtf is a shisha

I think he meant this. What the Middle-Eastern mage was smoking. They're called shishah in some parts of the world.

that

but I mean y'know, there's a neat little tool called Google you coulda also used
Aug 17, 2019 11:59 PM

Jul 2016
Like... when your are 11 but your body didn't get the memo... I'm not into the novels but was that supposed to be Olga's design during this arc?

Anyways, quite informative episode overall. I really enjoyed it and despite it being a bit "heavy" in terms of dialogues and exposition, it still managed to be quite entertaining as well as a nice introduction for this new case.

By the way, I'm really glad to see that Kairi will take part in this arc as well. Can't wait to see how much screentime he will receive.

And also, that cliffhanger tho... what a brutal way to die indeed. Though for someone who can "see" the future, to die in such way is kinda... curious to say the least. Wonder if Trisha is actually dead or someone is just pulling an Adashino 2.0...
Aug 18, 2019 12:06 AM

Feb 2014
So the main arc is here now. We're even getting some deadly teamups like Luvia and Kairi. also some catchy lines by Lord El Melloi II eh.
The Holy Grail War is mentioned every now and then, and it really pains my heart to see that Waver will never be able to see the King he was meant to follow.

astroprogs said:

Btw who is she?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 18, 2019 12:28 AM

Apr 2016

Camlann, not avalon.

dasprn said:
Btw who is she?

Touko Aozaki.
Aug 18, 2019 12:53 AM

Feb 2014

dasprn said:
Btw who is she?

Touko Aozaki.

Huh!! Without the red hair?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 18, 2019 12:58 AM

Oct 2008
OLGA!? i've seen her from the Grand Order app game...oh i remember...she's also on the 00 initial eps of Grand Order from Cloverworks...
4/5.

Aug 18, 2019 1:54 AM

May 2016
How much I want to him to Iskandar to see him again... I guess never gonna happen.
Aug 18, 2019 1:58 AM
Jun 2017
Hmmm.. a younger olga marie have made an appearance from this series...

And well GRAY ---- you are a real Saber in Assasin form (FGO), has the same weapon altria used (modified the shape only but has the same name), and the guy in this episode has seen Altria while touching gray. Hahaha...

Well maybe the those mystic eyes are the SAINT QUARTS (FGO), and the ones that they will used to purchase those mystic eyes are CREDIT CARDS... 😂😂😂😂😂

Lets see the next episode.
Aug 18, 2019 2:29 AM
Apr 2016
Mich666 said:

I actually believe, the thing is, there is lore and there are authors who don't care. If it fits the story better, they will just play around it, the "established" rule I mean. A typical tactic for long-running, demand-based series. This Fate universe might not be an exception. Not claiming it, just admitting its possibility.
Aug 18, 2019 7:40 AM

Sep 2017
Tragic and unexpected ending! looking forward to the next episode!
Aug 18, 2019 10:52 AM

Aug 2015
Fuck yes, DETECTIVE LUVIA
and Sisigo
are on the case

Nice, engaging episode. I like this Holy Church guy, he seems cool.
Damn, between this and Galaxy Express 999 I have an urge to ride a train

Yvette is like that girl in Indiana Jones' archaeology class with "Love" and "You" written on her eyelids

astroprogs said:

As soon as i saw Waver with glasses, I'm like "i know who he got those from." Damn, I wanted to see Touko.
Aug 18, 2019 11:26 AM
Nov 2018
Solid episode.

Church guy looks metal.
Aug 18, 2019 1:00 PM

Oct 2017
Aside the fact that every time they mention Iskandar I kinda get sad remembering him ,this series got even more interesting after this episode. Finally the Rail Zappeling train journey begins and a murder mystery too. Looking forward to how things gonna turn out from this point.
Aug 18, 2019 6:05 PM
Mar 2015
Murder on the Orient Express
Aug 19, 2019 4:40 AM

Aug 2009
Daniel_Naumov said:
Mich666 said:

I actually believe, the thing is, there is lore and there are authors who don't care. If it fits the story better, they will just play around it, the "established" rule I mean. A typical tactic for long-running, demand-based series. This Fate universe might not be an exception. Not claiming it, just admitting its possibility.

Or like, pay attention to the lore when they explain it?
Aug 19, 2019 10:46 AM
Apr 2016
ssjokg said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Or like, pay attention to the lore when they explain it?

Most certainly do. Unlike some individuals who fail to comprehend basic text.
Daniel_NaumovAug 19, 2019 10:51 AM
Aug 20, 2019 2:01 PM

Dec 2013
soooooooo this is basically murder on the orient express but with magic bullshit and fate shenanigans?

oh hey, olga is here, nice.

smh I actually like the pink thot, she's actually funny.

gray is cute

can someone PLEASE kill adashino? she literally makes me go resident sleeper whenever she appears, ffs.

people still dont understand that waver is gay lul

2.5/5

Aug 21, 2019 1:29 PM
Jul 2013
Ryouri said:

people still dont understand that waver is gay lul

You made me have a good laugh here, thx.

My theory is:
head taken clean off>katana>japanese>Adashino
Aug 22, 2019 11:58 AM

May 2018
Olga is never let off the hook, even in her early life xD
Aug 26, 2019 6:13 PM

Apr 2013
omg it's Olga
OLGAAAAAAAAAA HYPE

Quickly Waver tell Olga to not associate with Lev Lainur Flauros, save Olgaaaa!
Aug 27, 2019 4:56 AM
Mar 2018
So far I feel this was kinda taste like Detective Conan but with magic, like... BRUH
Aug 27, 2019 10:08 AM

Sep 2014
Nice seeing Olga and damn she never gets a break >.>
Gacha was the first thing that came to mind when I heard rainbow mystic eyes are super rare hah....
Church guy seems really cool, hope he stays like that.
Don't like they keep delaying Gray giving the present...
Sep 8, 2019 5:41 AM

Dec 2013
A train murder mystery is here!

I wonder if the girl who was just murderer was the one who stole Iskander’s mantle?

They even took her head! Pretty obvious that they wanted her magic eyes.
Oct 12, 2019 4:51 AM

Jul 2015
Unexpected detective duo Kairi and Luvia

Looks like we got a set of unique looking characters in the murder train mystery

Nov 18, 2019 11:01 AM
Jun 2017
A person with mystic eyes getting murdered on a train where they are sold. Wouldn't be surprised if they ended up in the auction or in one of the "customer's" jars.
Dec 27, 2019 6:38 PM

Dec 2018
Adashino x Fernando.

What Grey want to give to Waver is Iskandar's relic, lol.

Well I can see Waver facepalmed in response to Trisha's death when Trisha just show off her Mystic Eyes ability.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 30, 2020 9:53 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Well..... everyone seems to want those eyes.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2019

86 by Karva1 »»
Feb 24, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2019

60 by Karva1 »»
Feb 24, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2019

126 by Karva1 »»
Feb 24, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2019

102 by Karva1 »»
Feb 24, 9:30 AM

Poll: » Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

100 by Trinity_07 »»
Jan 21, 4:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.