Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 2, 2019 8:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lots of action this episode. I'm just glad this season gave more screen time to the other characters (outside of Bell and Hestia). Yamato Mikoto in particular impressed me. Same with Ryuu.

Welf's skills are also impressive and definitely not someone to take lightly. Screw Apollo though. Hestia showed him who is the boss!

Aug 2, 2019 9:42 AM

Apr 2010
Apollo Familia defeated in just one episode.
I have to say that Bell and company put up a good fight.
Ryou with the magical swords was cool and the way she pissed of the other Elf was even better.
Bell using the advice of Ais was also nice.

And now they guys have a new home.
Aug 2, 2019 9:54 AM

Jul 2017
Man that would've been really annoying if Bell lost only because he was just casually held back. Animation was kinda choppy at some moments but overall pretty nice siege

Smug Hestia though
Aug 2, 2019 10:00 AM
Feb 2018
Well, that's just pathetic. So much drama about losing, so much emotion moments in the previous episodes... to end it in just a single episode. They've f*cked up their own ideas.
Aug 2, 2019 10:01 AM

Aug 2013
They finished the war game in one episode. Good thing Bell and his group were able to win it. They really got stronger, especially Bell and Ryu was cool as always. Overall a pretty good episode. Hestia and her familia got a new home which is nice.

Aug 2, 2019 10:33 AM

Apr 2016
I'm glad this War Games arc was completed on just one episode. I kinda suspected the Hestia familia would be getting a new house after the old church was destroyed, but i never though it would be the one from the rival familia they defeated.
Aug 2, 2019 10:36 AM

Apr 2014
Anybody want to confirm that this War did not last too long? I hoping to last another episode at most. Am I thinking or missing anything? I knew Quality over quantity would be very important. I just felt that things went too fast.
Aug 2, 2019 10:40 AM
Oct 2018
I just fell a bit sad that they couldn’t make the War Game shorter... it felt really dragged on to me...

To be serious I’m really disappointed by this season this far. They manage to put the entire War Game in one single episode... I was expecting at least a bit of fight but what we get was just I mean I don’t even know how to explain it it was like if they just wanted to show us how Bell get this far but without showing much fight. At least it’s how I felt it. And even when Bell manage to arrive at the enemy captain who is suppose to be a level above him he beat him in like two minute or something. And even only with that the animation wasn’t that good at moment.

So yeah I’m disappointed since I had great memories from the first season and Sword Oratoria and especially from the fights. Thus I had great expectations and they are not met yet.
Aug 2, 2019 10:41 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
And so the war game finally begins. Despite the overwhelming advantage that Apollo famila has its nice that there are still people that believe in Bell and his friends. Using Ryu and Mikoto as vanguards was an excellent strategy. Mikoto's gravity magic combined with Ryu's sheer strength sure was the perfect pairing. But Lily's contribution was by far the most effective. While each member of the familia may not stack up to Apollo's elites working together Bell's allies are a force to be reckoned with. Overall an excellent ep that showed that while overwhelming numbers can be daunting they can easily be countered with cunning, skilful adventurers and a determination to help friends when they need it. While the battle may have been shorter than most people expect it was true to the source material and besides a drawn out battle will be too dangerous for Bell's famila. The prize of gaining Apollo's home as their new base though sure was satisfying since Apollo's familia destroyed theirs.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2019 10:52 AM
Jan 2012
That was a rushed arc, they only took 1 ep for the war game, and even 1 attack to finish the enemy... what a disappointment.
Aug 2, 2019 11:01 AM
Aug 2016
hm.
it felt pretty rushed imo
i really liked what hestia did to apollo, he deserved it lol
mord, ya sneaky bastard LOL
lilli too. sneaky hoe.
Aug 2, 2019 11:10 AM

Nov 2014
It felt a bit too fast, especially considering the buildup, but at the same time I'm really happy it all closed in one eispode. I expected multiple annoying cliffhangers and unreasonable fails.
Aug 2, 2019 11:12 AM

Nov 2010
This episode felt a bit fast paced. Lacking a lot of the epic moments that the first season had.
Aug 2, 2019 11:15 AM

Jul 2012
Well that was okay, not really. The fight was such a mess and felt so rushed. All the Orario was on an uproar for the war game and betting on Apollo familia and they got trashed. I mean it was obvious Bell should win, but how it was showed felt like a complete joke ...
Also 2 points want to mention: so they are really fighting killing each other?! Is it like okay instead of fighting monsters. Seems so strange. And how come Apollo familia have only "noobs" among their members, like not even level 4, Apollo behaved himself like he has so much power, but in reality only stormtroppers ...
Pretty dissapointing episode.
Aug 2, 2019 11:29 AM
Jan 2018
this arc was so rushed and the war game should have been 2 episodes at least , they didn't bother showing bell getting his status updated , he was still level 2 but his stats where SS

but then again i may seem rushed because its alot slower in the LN , but the bells fight was shortened a bit

they completely removed the desperation and made Apollo familia look incompetent and removed the tension between the two sides ,

while reading the fight in the LN it was so satisfying seeing Hyacinthus lose his shit when fighting bell as a level 2 was beating him to the point he starts to become desperate

also the symbol , is a bell and hestias guardian flame

surprised they are doing only 2 volumes this season , thought this arc would be a 5 or 6 episodes long
Mattinator95Aug 2, 2019 12:01 PM
Aug 2, 2019 11:33 AM

Dec 2011
Damn Ryou using Crozzo's magic swords xD
That is a nice reference to the game Argonaut story.
Aug 2, 2019 11:33 AM

Oct 2018
Well, I honestly thought this war game would last for like 2-4 episodes, never imagined it would be so fast
Aug 2, 2019 11:34 AM

Apr 2013
This pacing is just godawful.
Veni, vidi, vici, next episode please.

The beginning of this episode was really weird. It's not in the LN and it doesn't connect with the scene after the OP.
Aug 2, 2019 11:44 AM

Apr 2013
Mythologically said:
This is like comically bad lol. Everyone in Hestia's familia can defeat dozens of Apollo's familia members because the good guys have to be super strong. Three episodes of build-up lead to one episode of fighting just so that the guy who nearly beat Bell to death before can run at him with a knife and lose to a kick/punch combo. The animation in the fight scenes is average at best to top all of this off. How is this above an 8?

Not really, good guys were really strong. Ryuu is lvl 5 and Apollo's commander is a single lvl 3. That is a big difference in that world. Also their whole strategy was to thin out the enemy, with the help of Lily. Ryu took out 50 guys, Mikoto occupied 20-30 people with that ability, and the rest were left to Welf and Bell.
My complaints would be that it was all incredibly rushed and just so flat, even the last 3 episodes, no build-up. Animation is surprisingly nice. Score is just a sequel effect.
Aug 2, 2019 11:48 AM

Oct 2017
Wow that sure went by faster than i expected. I didnt want this to drag too much but ending it in one epi was kinda meh i guess. I have mixed up feelings about this but this sure was satisfying. Seeing Bell knocking out that piece of trash was the best also lol Hestia sure didn't hold back on her reward there lol.
Well the hestia familly finally grew in numbers because of the war game.Those wanting to leave their previous family and join Hestia family got to finally made up their mind because of this and I hope smthng gd is coming next .Because this went by too fast.
MegamiRemAug 2, 2019 11:57 AM
Aug 2, 2019 11:50 AM

Apr 2013
I've never liked Mord more than i have this episode. Also, the battle may have seemed rushed, but if you consider speed and trickery was their only option to win, it wouldn't make sense for them to engage in a protracted battle.
Aug 2, 2019 11:51 AM
Jan 2018
Erebus25 said:
Mythologically said:
This is like comically bad lol. Everyone in Hestia's familia can defeat dozens of Apollo's familia members because the good guys have to be super strong. Three episodes of build-up lead to one episode of fighting just so that the guy who nearly beat Bell to death before can run at him with a knife and lose to a kick/punch combo. The animation in the fight scenes is average at best to top all of this off. How is this above an 8?

Not really, good guys were really strong. Ryuu is lvl 5 and Apollo's commander is a single lvl 3. That is a big difference in that world. Also their whole strategy was to thin out the enemy, with the help of Lily. Ryu took out 50 guys, Mikoto occupied 20-30 people with that ability, and the rest were left to Welf and Bell.
My complaints would be that it was all incredibly rushed and just so flat, even the last 3 episodes, no build-up. Animation is surprisingly nice. Score is just a sequel effect.

Ryuu is level 4 not 5
Aug 2, 2019 11:51 AM

May 2018
I never thought the war game will end in just one episode but I'm satisfy with it. 5/5.
Aug 2, 2019 11:59 AM

Jul 2012
I see some people are disappointed that they finished war game in one episode. I am glad they did though, it's better to have fast-paced battle with quick outcome than dragged fights.

Everyone seems stronger now. Hestia family also grew and I assume it will probably continue to grow?

They also got a mansion now. Nice.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2019 12:01 PM

Oct 2017
Well, that was underwhelming..
Aug 2, 2019 12:01 PM

Apr 2014
That was quick war game.
Aug 2, 2019 12:02 PM

Apr 2013
Haha, their Familia was finished off in one episode, ironically that's probably as close to the shame of getting Off-Screened as it gets, Apollo familia got exposed to all of Orario too.

Liked that Hestia Familia used Lili's transformation abillity to mess them up.
This episode proofs again that Danmachi needs more Ryu.
Mikoto
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Aug 2, 2019 12:02 PM

Dec 2016
Pretty awesome and intense episode, glad Apollo's bitch ass lost lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 2, 2019 12:04 PM

Mar 2017
Best episode of the season so far. I love that Hestia Familia decided to completely take Apollo Familia by surprise and go with a full attack right after the bell.

I often forget how fucking awesome Bell is cause he's so small and cute but damn! Also Ryu is too cool... i wanna be her when i grow up haha

Apollo got what he deserved.... bloody creep
Aug 2, 2019 12:04 PM
Apr 2018
hestia is brutal she totally destroyed the apollo familia...i honestly never saw that coming as i was expecting more of leave us be and never pick a fight with us again kind of thing not total humiliation lmao ...ep was good loved it but gotta say animation wasn't all that impressive at certain scenes
Aug 2, 2019 12:10 PM
Jan 2018
DelusionalUzume said:
Haha, their Familia was finished off in one episode, ironically that's probably as close to the shame of getting Off-Screened as it gets, Apollo familia got exposed to all of Orario too.

Liked that Hestia Familia used Lili's transformation abillity to mess them up.
This episode proofs again that Danmachi needs more Ryu.
Mikoto

doubt they will do it but theres a whole side volume that focuses on her , and she does get more spotlight in the future vols but this season wont cover them sadly
Aug 2, 2019 12:14 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Oh boy, this was a definite let-down!

To be frankly honest, the fight just had no tension to it whatsoever. Rushed, Un-Interesting and Flawed on so many levels, it’s almost comical really. Apollo’s family, quite apparently, only has two decent fighters, funny considering how powerful and influential he seemed just prior to the fight. It’s a good thing that Bell has got an impressive upgrade but it’s really not believable when it’s to such an extent. Surviving a life-threatening blast up close only to rise up in moments for a rookie like him is just .. amazingly stupidifying. Well, the fact that he had to resort to this little advice from Ais shows that he respects his opponents’ strength at the very least. But again, a little more grit and resistance from that Commander, the Familia as a whole actually, was awfully lacking.

Anyway, that aside, it’s good to see Lili making use of her disguising abilities. A little surprising that the Apollo family didn’t see such an underhanded scheme coming their way though, I mean they only have 5 against a 100 so they’re obviously cooking up some mischief of the sort or so one would assume. Moving on, it’s a little sad seeing how that fortune teller was being blatantly ignored throughout and yet she was looking to lay down her life for the Familia. I suppose this is what overconfidence on another level can do to you.

Hestia’s smug followed by the demands was amazing lol. She’s easily the best God/Goddess and here’s another reason why. Unfazed by the provocations and developments for the most bit but then smug-y right from victory onwards, great stuff! New House, More Members and a New Emblem to boot, things are looking much more brighter for the Hestia Familia now,
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 2, 2019 12:22 PM
Nov 2008
i wonder how are they really poor after 1 season's last ep bell destroyed boss and gain huge stone,
i love the story and glad they made war game short.
main objective is gaining level and defeating the labirynth,
they could also scout adventurers from ex apollo family, big family is better i think.
Aug 2, 2019 12:22 PM
Jan 2018
_MushiRock11_ said:
Surviving a life-threatening blast up close only to rise up in moments for a rookie like him is just .. amazingly stupidifying.

the pendent helped with that , they also failed to show that bell is extremely close to being level 3 , hestia was supposed to update his status before the game
Aug 2, 2019 12:24 PM
Jan 2018
aitaku said:
i wonder how are they really poor after 1 season's last ep bell destroyed boss and gain huge stone,
they could also scout adventurers from ex apollo family, big family is better i think.

most of hestias savings went to a fine because of the dungeon incident and the fact that her and hermes was the cause and the stone was used to smithing if i remember correctly

plus shes in pretty much a life time debt due to bells knife
Aug 2, 2019 12:24 PM

Aug 2012
Great episode. Infiltrating the castle is the correct thing. Another option considering Lili can transform would have been to tunnel under. I liked the strategy though. One question: why did the fortuneteller chick did not tell them about Lili?
Mythologically said:

You do realize both the elf chick and the samurai chick are presented uber strong from the previous episode right? Also they used really powerful weapons which can swing the tide. Another issue is you assume everyone in Apollo's army is strong . In fact most are very weak and when caught by surprise they can get overwhelmed easily especially since they do not work together so well. About the main dude he is just one level above Bell and skill can easily help someone defeat someone a couple of levels higher, especially on the lower ones.
nightcrawlercypAug 2, 2019 12:29 PM
Aug 2, 2019 12:26 PM
Jan 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
Great episode. Infiltrating the castle is the correct thing. Another option considering Lili can transform would have been to tunnel under. I liked the strategy though. One question: why did the fortuneteller chick did not tell them about Lili?

she did , they didn't believe her

lilly was the Trojan horse she mentioned
Aug 2, 2019 12:30 PM
Nov 2008
Mattinator95 said:
aitaku said:

most of hestias savings went to a fine because of the dungeon incident and the fact that her and hermes was the cause and the stone was used to smithing if i remember correctly

plus shes in pretty much a life time debt due to bells knife

hieroglypf sword cost a fortune, thanks for info.
Aug 2, 2019 12:33 PM

Aug 2012
_MushiRock11_ said:

To be frankly honest, the fight just had no tension to it whatsoever. Rushed, Un-Interesting and Flawed on so many levels, it’s almost comical really. Apollo’s family, quite apparently, only has two decent fighters, funny considering how powerful and influential he seemed just prior to the fight. It’s a good thing that Bell has got an impressive upgrade but it’s really not believable when it’s to such an extent. Surviving a life-threatening blast up close only to rise up in moments for a rookie like him is just .. amazingly stupidifying. Well, the fact that he had to resort to this little advice from Ais shows that he respects his opponents’ strength at the very least. But again, a little more grit and resistance from that Commander, the Familia as a whole actually, was awfully lacking.

Anyway, that aside, it’s good to see Lili making use of her disguising abilities. A little surprising that the Apollo family didn’t see such an underhanded scheme coming their way though, I mean they only have 5 against a 100 so they’re obviously cooking up some mischief of the sort or so one would assume. Moving on, it’s a little sad seeing how that fortune teller was being blatantly ignored throughout and yet she was looking to lay down her life for the Familia. I suppose this is what overconfidence on another level can do to you.

Hestia’s smug followed by the demands was amazing lol. She’s easily the best God/Goddess and here’s another reason why. Unfazed by the provocations and developments for the most bit but then smug-y right from victory onwards, great stuff! New House, More Members and a New Emblem to boot, things are looking much more brighter for the Hestia Familia now,
That is how most sieges go usually. If someone manages to infiltrate the castle and cause panic and misinformation they can destroy a big army with ease. Also consider this: most of Apollo's army was made from people stolen from other families. Their bond was not so great. Also because they had a lot of money they did not have to earn leveling up by hard work. Consider this: if you give a noob a lot of high level items he can defeat a lot of monsters with ease without any skill and thus level up at last for the first few levels pretty fast. This was the case with Apollo's family. The only thing was that they are so many. 100 people?that is a lot.
Aug 2, 2019 12:35 PM

May 2017
This episode was really fun,even though it's was rushed. But nevertheless,it's was really satisfying to see Bell kicking the asses. He is total badass in this episode,i can't wait to see more fight scenes of him.
There is no bad waifu,only bad anime.
Aug 2, 2019 12:41 PM

Aug 2018
Apollo's familia got rekt, as expected lul
100 vs 5, can't even beat one ! Well if Apotard "stole" other familia's children as he planned to do with Bell, that ain't surprising... soldiers don't fight well without a solid motivation

The brune girl in the Apo fam' should have been trusted lol, but she looked a bit too reserved.

I can't wait to see Hestia fam' exploring their new mansion !
Aug 2, 2019 12:55 PM

Feb 2009
That was quite anticlimatic.
It managed to be even worse than the last couple episodes of the first season.
Anime ga daaaai suki!!! Computer Engineering. Japan is awesome!!!
Aug 2, 2019 1:03 PM

Jul 2017
It was a nice episode, but i thought the war game would’ve been stretched out a couple more episodes.
And F for Apollo.
Aug 2, 2019 1:31 PM

Feb 2014
Honestly, I thought the war game would be at least two episodes long, but seeing it done in just episode was a surprise.

Still, seeing how Bell and his group making light work of the many Apollo familia soldiers was satisfying. Animation was a little inconsistent, though, with some fights looking great but one or two other fights looking mediocre at best.

The main satisfaction was Bell FINALLY beating the arrogant bastard commander with a nice dosage of a left fist into the face. Toma Kamijo would've been very proud of that punch! =D

And to add to the satisfaction, the way that Hestia humiliated Apollo by banishing him from Orario was hilarious and had me laughing. Nicely done indeed!

So aside from the rushed pacing and slight animation issues, this episode was still good. Looking forward to the next arc. =)
Aug 2, 2019 1:38 PM
Apr 2016
the fight was too easy and had no build up however it was still nice also we have to remind ourselves that it s not the main plot of this season, as a mid boss it was a pretty cool episode actually, don t you all think?

I just don t know how they managed to capture that little dude, i don t remember his name. Joel maybe?
Aug 2, 2019 1:43 PM

Aug 2016
I am impressed, that's what we call Blitz victory here. I thought this War Game arc gonna be a bit longer and more serious, but it was quick job indeed. Not sure what is happening next, but I understand there is little bit time skip ahead? Will they include episode Ryu/Lyu? To kept chronological order, or it's will be possibly and OVA of season 2?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2019 1:46 PM

Apr 2013
Mythologically said:
Erebus25 said:

I swear Welf, a lvl 2, floored like 10 people with one attack lol. Ryuu is the only one that makes sense. Mikoto is also a lvl 2 and took on 20-30 people.

It's just really badly explained. Welf countered mage's magic which blew up them and those around them. Mikoto's gravity magic is strong, but hard to pull off. Thanks to Lily sending people her way she managed to get so many people caught up in it.
Aug 2, 2019 1:47 PM

Apr 2013
Mattinator95 said:
Erebus25 said:

Ryuu is level 4 not 5

True, my mistake.
Aug 2, 2019 2:11 PM

Jan 2016
I felt rushed for sure but it was darn satisfying. The fight final fight in the novel wasn't long to be fair but J.C could've prolonged it.

But it was a very satisfying conclusion to all of this. Danmachi season 2 is a lot better than season 1 for some reason.

It just feels a lot more established, more at stake and more fun.
Aug 2, 2019 2:14 PM
Sep 2016
Well, this was just bad. JC Staff has been known for skip and rush things, which they did here, of course.

-Bell was not supposed to have the Hestia Knife here, as it was used to pay Lily's debt (they got it back with Apollo's money later)
-Welf forged a new knife (Ushiwakamarunishiki) with the remains of the minotaur's horn. As it was forged by a blacksmith with the forging skill it was actually quite strong. Bell used both minotaur's knife for the War Game.
-Mikoto didnt blocked or dodged all the attacks, she was actually injured and almost got taken down several times
-They skipped the fight between Bell and some low levels from Apollo, and his conversation with Ryuu when she told him that he was the one that had to defeat Hyakhintus.
-Argonaut here was a chime, not a bell.
-Cassandra actually begged Hyakhintus way more hardly and she pushed him out of the window, otherwise he wouldnt have resisted that 1 minute charged Firebolt...
-This was the worst mistake. The fight between Bell and Hyakhintus was longer, Bell used hit and run tactics while the pervert barely managed to block his attacks because of the speed difference, but he did blocked them. They skipped all this in the anime.
-They skipped the conversation between Hestia and Hermes where Hestia explained that Bell stats after beating the minotaur were all SS and SSS.
-The new minotaur knife was the one capable of breaking Hyakhintus's sword, but this one doesnt exist on the anime...
-The battle kept going, where Bell was starting to get exhausted, also skipped.
-Bell actually fired a Firebolt directly to Hyakhintus when he started casting his magic, injuring him greatly. Cassandra stops Bell after this.

Anyway, this was just bad. They actually skipped 2/3 of the Bell vs Hyakhintus plus the other mistakes or things skipped. Thanks again JC Staff, i really hope they dont plan to adapt V8, because if they do Ishtar's arc will be a disaster considering how long it is.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

116 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 27, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2019

188 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

121 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

167 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2019

125 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.