Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2019 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, time for some serious talk.

Considering everyone's feelings, I hope these girls will regain their smiles again.
May 19, 2019 12:12 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm those outfits sure are having the opposite effects on the kids. Funny how the observer is just as anti social as her target. Despite this its nice to see Kurashiki settle in nicely within the club. Though she sure has a complicated situation at home. Given that her mother doesn't seem to care much about her its no wonder things are getting worst. Its good that in the end Maiko was able to avoid changing schools while also forging a bond with Kana. Maiko's skills are sure to help the club immensely. Overall a decent ep that did well in introducing the characters of Tsukumo and Kurashiki to the series. While both have some interesting baggage i hope that they will add much to the team and aid in their advancement into becoming a full club. Can't wait to see the girls actually don the uniforms and play for real though. The photo shown in the ending sure was nice though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2019 2:21 PM

Nov 2016
What a cute episode. I like the two new characters and their relationship, especially Tsukumo for trying to help out another anti social fellow xD

Looking forward to your comment @Yuri-Crusader.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 19, 2019 3:10 PM

Mar 2014
this ep is hot as fk and we witness a proposal "i want to make you smile"
May 19, 2019 3:53 PM

Dec 2018
It seem to be some kind of sick competition, Who of this cute girls shows can make my girl cry the most!! And well lucky for this anime you are only second worst!!! Good for you that deserved some kind of fucking reward,,,,,,

I liked this episode , it have a lot of Yuri in it, and that always eases my anger at anime's that have made my girls cried,,,,

A boy kicked one of my waifus for that he should have died,,,,,,Don't mess around with my girls!!

Yuuki find her old friend and right away they seem interesting in each other that's cute. And Maiko establish herself as my waifu by saying i'm only her because i'm bored.!! Yes sweetheart!! I'm here for the exact same reason. i'm bored and need to complain on something!!

When Tsukumo enters the Yuri meter goes thru the roof!!! , and she is clearly kind of wanna ripe Maikos close off and do some hot lesbian loving right on the spot!!, YES!!!,,,,Oooh that's sooo cute!! They are in love!!! Then sparks starts to fucking fly!! And antisocial go against antisocial and a fight breaks out. Maiko Honey!! Calm down!!! She likes you!! And she don't know what to do with it. Strip in front of her and you will see the biggest smile ever =)

If one of my girls ever hits another girl in a violent manner this anime will be dropped right away!! Nothing on this earth or heaven can save it!! And little anime why? You can't handle drama!! You suck at it!! Leave it alone!!! You are doing everything great, but you keep bringing this drama element in, that you don't know what to do with!! It's runs around like a fucking bull in a china shop and destroying everything in sight!!!!!

And why for the love of god didn't my girls kiss? They have the perfect opportunity on the school roof. The sun was in a perfect position, everything was there, and nothing!!!!!!.You screw up the perfect opportunity,,,,, You idiot!!!!

This episode gave me some hope. I love all the Yuri. And great that they include people with antisocial behaviour . Points up!!! You stupid ass had 3/10 Now your less stupid ass have 5/10 And don't be so fucking proud about that!!!! You are still a goddamn joke!! And if you ever want my favour again, You have to work like a fucking dog to earn it back!!!

If bad drama is left out next time more points will be given. And i want the relationship repaired and because you screw around with my waifus!!! I want Tsubasa and Tomocchi to become a real lesbian couple and same goes for the two new girls .I also want kissing and hear them say "i love you" a lot. There it is!! Your have to do list!! Follow it to the letter!!! And you will once again stand in my favour!! Fail and face the consequences of your own stupidity!!!

Yuri-CrusaderMay 20, 2019 11:28 AM
May 19, 2019 5:26 PM

Mar 2019
I'm really loving this series, and the new girls introduced were great as well. No doubt the student council girl is next to join the team as well with her little smirk at the end too.

That being said I'm hoping to see a little more team bonding involving actual baseball next week. These shows no doubt will always have some drama in it involving characters but I don't want it to take over the show either.
May 19, 2019 6:57 PM

Oct 2015
This has turned into some cheap drama, and on top of that it's development on new characters. Who the hell is Maiko? Shouldn't they just developed the already existing characters if they went with the tacky drama route. Most of all the character was unlovable in my view.

Most importantly where is the baseball?
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 19, 2019 9:27 PM

Oct 2010
This felt like a 3 episode story arc done in one episode lol. So rushed.
May 19, 2019 9:37 PM
Mar 2017
It was quite good today's episode, today we had the pleasure of meeting two new girls, Kana who is part of the student council and is observing the baseball association so they can be a club and we also met Maiko who is the senpai of Yuuki and that is invited to be part of the team, but apparently she is going through a complex family situation and besides being a little antisocial.
I liked that Kana was the one that helped Maiko, since she being so serious and not very expressive, she worried about Maiko and saw that she enjoyed playing baseball with the rest of the girls.
Yuuki's relationship with Maiko is one of my favorites, Yuuki made Maiko feel welcome to the team and Maiko proved to have talent to play baseball and also cares about her teammates, it was very nice of her to catch Akane before she fell to the floor.
Kana also has an excellent talent to play baseball, it's a pity that she did not want to join the club (for now), but even so she was able to understand and help Maiko, a detail that I loved about her was when she practiced smiling, but later we see her natural smile and it's very nice to see, serious girls are beautiful when they show expressions like these.
I loved Maiko, I love red-haired girls and I love the hairstyle that she wears, that long braid looks great.
May 19, 2019 10:01 PM
Jan 2019
Good episode, had a good touch of drama.
The Women's Baseball Association has a new member, Kurashiki. I like that girl, she has talent. He has a cool attitude.
I'm glad her mother did not transfer her to another high school. I hope your family problems are resolved.
Tsukumo is a good person, I gather that he will gradually join the Association.

"When you're with others, you look happy." "What she needs is a place to be herself."
This is the beginning of a great friendship 😁.
May 20, 2019 12:36 AM

Jun 2017
You can't fool me. That president is Sakurako Oomuro's sister.

May 20, 2019 4:50 AM

Jul 2015
Damn. This show is getting better and better. Truly a hidden gem of this season.

Btw, episode 8 delayed by a week.

May 20, 2019 5:13 AM

Apr 2016
I like Tsukumo's character.
Just a matter of time (probably next episode) that she will join the team.
This was a decent episode and I enjoyed it.
May 20, 2019 5:13 AM

Oct 2007
best episode so far. Good they did not try to drag out Kurashiki family problem into more episodes. Glad they resolved it here. Hopefully, Tsukumo also joins the next week. :)

also nice transition in the ending showing Tsubasa with her new team. ^^

May 20, 2019 5:23 AM

May 2012
Best episode in my opinion so far

I love that new girl (red hair)
May 20, 2019 6:48 AM

Apr 2015
Eyy... It's actually petty good ep IMO.

2 new girls are coming and the ship together...

We should add Drama tag for this anime, and why the character page still empties tho...
May 20, 2019 6:19 PM

May 2018
Yes, indeed. I'm sure she's gonna enjoy observing the team... Kuirashiki in particular hmmmm! :D

This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
May 21, 2019 9:19 AM

Jul 2017
The 1st proper episode that really gave me the full attention it needs.

2 new girls by the name of Kurashiki and Tsukumo appears, to spice up the team! "Friends" in style indeed and persistent in teamwork.

Speaking of which, there is some presence of character drama! Which is commonplace in a large character cast such as this. Kurashiki definitely didn't have a good family, misunderstandings and miscommunications with her drunk parents is definitely not a good way. Good thing Tsukumo is able to lead her on to speak out the truth, and in turn, get her presence and place back with a smile.

Still can't get away from the generic face look, and is beginning to be jarring.

And with her membership, Kurashiki's the 10th/11 people in the girls baseball team.
New ED visual with the girls team also (for those who haven't yet discovered it)! Wonder who would be the last girl to enter the team!

Good stuff in this episode in over 2 months! The best yet.
KANLen09May 21, 2019 9:37 AM
May 21, 2019 7:00 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Tirinchas said:
You can't fool me. That president is Sakurako Oomuro's sister.

Came here because of that too, I'm not the only one, I thought it's high school Sakurako but I forgot she has a high school sister lmao.
May 22, 2019 8:29 AM

Nov 2013
I'm eating good with this yuri
May 22, 2019 9:39 AM

Oct 2008
Another 2 girls joined! red-haired braided girl and emotionless girl! lolz
but these 2 are already on a different level compared to the other beginner girls!
4/5.

May 22, 2019 12:32 PM

Jun 2015
That was a lot more serious than it normally is
May 22, 2019 12:56 PM

Jun 2016
damn .. the animations getting worse and worse ..
remind me from anime Marchen Madchen
May 26, 2019 6:52 AM

Aug 2013
Another 2 girls join and they got a club status.

Like the new ED picture.

May 26, 2019 8:36 AM

Nov 2011
No new episode this week.
May 26, 2019 10:35 AM
May 26, 2019 11:45 AM

May 2016
Liddo-kun said:
why no episode this week?

According to Crunchyroll it's because of the French Open. I'm guessing the Japanese TV channel that normally airs this anime had to make room for the tennis tournament. Sucks because I was looking really forward to the next episode. Series will continue on June 2.
DirectorKMay 26, 2019 11:49 AM
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
May 26, 2019 3:24 PM

Oct 2007
May 26, 2019 4:45 PM

Oct 2010
DirectorK said:
Liddo-kun said:

According to Crunchyroll it's because of the French Open. I'm guessing the Japanese TV channel that normally airs this anime had to make room for the tennis tournament. Sucks because I was looking really forward to the next episode. Series will continue on June 2.

Damn. Konata Izumi was right about sports
May 26, 2019 9:41 PM
Apr 2019
Kinda suprised they add more member, i guess its become cinderella eleven... but i like the new members..

I think they wont add member anymore considering ed picture..
May 26, 2019 11:40 PM

Jul 2014
Why the new episode isn't coming yet?
May 27, 2019 9:54 AM

Jul 2011
Liddo-kun said:

It will continue on June 2.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Jun 2, 2019 12:19 PM

Dec 2018
I hope to fucking god its no French Open that are holding this anime up this week ,,,,,If it is i vote for gathering the troops and invade fucking France,,,

Anime if you fail to show up it will have consequences,,I have not given your stupid ass permission to do whatever you want!!! Get your dumass over here!! Show me what you got or i will point you after your absences!!!

For falling presetting anything in over two weeks,,,, ,You will be dealt with accordingly!! Your idiotic ass had,,,,above 5/10 Now you are back at 3/10 !! God job you idiot!!

Next week you will be here on fucking time!!!! If you fail to attend you will be dropped and only receive one point,,,,,,,

Girls!!! I don't know if you having a fucking vacation or something!! But please get you cute asses back here!!!!

Yuri-CrusaderJun 2, 2019 11:31 PM
Jun 2, 2019 1:00 PM

Jul 2011
EP8 should come out tomorrow, according to schedule.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Jun 2, 2019 2:21 PM

May 2016
Gaichi said:

I'm reading on Crunchyroll that it's going to be delayed for another whole week, meaning the it won't come out until the 9th. GRR!
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Jun 2, 2019 3:13 PM

Oct 2007
saw that it will be delayed by 8 hours due to the French Open again...

damn the shitty french open..

Liddo-kunJun 2, 2019 3:20 PM
Jun 2, 2019 4:27 PM

Oct 2010
DirectorK said:
Gaichi said:

I'm reading on Crunchyroll that it's going to be delayed for another whole week, meaning the it won't come out until the 9th. GRR!
do you have a link? I only see the 8 hour thing
Jun 2, 2019 5:23 PM

Sep 2013
Kougeru said:
DirectorK said:

It wasn't TOTALLY delayed, only on TV Tokyo and TV Aichi it will air next week, but TV Osaka, BS ans another channel will air it during the week, dunno how it affects CR.
Source: https://twitter.com/hachinai89/status/1135216459519369217
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
FAL SPRING 2019 Rank 650 FAL FALL 2019 Rank 136
Jun 3, 2019 11:19 AM

Oct 2010
OriharaShinra said:
Kougeru said:

It wasn't TOTALLY delayed, only on TV Tokyo and TV Aichi it will air next week, but TV Osaka, BS ans another channel will air it during the week, dunno how it affects CR.
Source: https://twitter.com/hachinai89/status/1135216459519369217

Looks like DirectorK was right. CR changed their message today:
Jun 3, 2019 3:03 PM
Jun 4, 2019 5:56 PM

Dec 2016
MAIKO IS THE NEW BEST GIRL

This episode and the last one were a lot better than I expected. I almost dropped this show because I felt it was a bit boring, but since I liked the initial concept I kept watching and was not disappointed. I really liked how instead of having the two new girls deal with their issues separately, the show decided to intertwine them and have one of them develop by helping the other. Obviously the character development could have benefited from a couple more episodes and a more in-depth take, but for a seasonal cute girl anime, I thought it did pretty well.

Episode eight is delayed so I did as told and watched the French Open instead lol.

What's the difference?
Jul 4, 2019 2:05 AM

Aug 2018
Wow this episode is so good probably the best compared to previous eps introducing the best girl Maiko, her backstory and personality really shined in this ep

A good addition to tsubasa's team

When you thought that shinonome and yuuki are the best girls but they add a best best girl maiko xD

Also gonna point out the transitioning of Tsubasa's old team to new was pretty nice in the ED
SOP-IIJul 4, 2019 2:40 AM
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jul 5, 2019 11:55 AM

Jul 2016
Maiko's drama was handled in a better way than Tomoe's in the previous episode but it's also true that it felt a bit forced for moments due to it all being handled in one single episode. But as a whole, I liked how this episode was executed.

P.S.: A bit surprised no one mentioned that little sequence of fluid animation when Maiko threw the ball to Yoshimi and the little tantrum the latter made when she couldn't hit it. It looked smooth as hell, honestly.
Jul 9, 2019 9:13 AM

Apr 2011
That went deep with Kurashiki's situation. But it went well in the end when two joined and the Baseball association is now a baseball club.

Honestly, the only thing ruining this series is the quality. I'm sure it'll be fixed in the DVD/BluRay versions. But I'm not waiting for that.
Oct 14, 2019 8:42 AM

Apr 2014
been looking forward to Kurashiki to show up ever since i saw her in the opening

even though it took more than half the season for it to happen it was worth the wait but of course she was the only one with big issues

but yeah shes one of the better girls imo along with Iwaki, Asada, and Ukita

great ep
"one step at a time"
Oct 17, 2019 3:55 AM

Nov 2013
MUCH better episode than the previous. (the animation still sucks)
New girls are pretty awesome, i like them a lot.
I still love ma girl Waka, but Tsukumo-sempai is cutest character in the whole series because of her pure love to Kurashiki.
Jun 7, 2021 5:51 AM

Feb 2020
Another dramatic episode. I really like these new characters, Kana and Maiko.

Poor Maiko. She has suffered so much due to her family situation.

I'm glad that Kano was able to convince Maiko and her parents about the baseball association. Right now it's the best place for her to be.

SerafosJan 7, 1:24 PM
Sep 2, 2023 6:54 AM

Jul 2012
- Cheap drama
- Waifuable new character, yet has no strong character (less time on screen)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

40 by White_Alice »»
Sep 6, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

17 by White_Alice »»
Sep 6, 2023 4:23 AM

Poll: » Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

21 by White_Alice »»
Sep 4, 2023 8:15 AM

Poll: » Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

22 by White_Alice »»
Sep 2, 2023 6:58 AM

Poll: » Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2019

29 by White_Alice »»
Sep 2, 2023 6:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.