Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
May 27, 2019 10:53 AM

Mar 2017
No contact me for at least a month... i'm in mourning right now. I literally screamed and cried so much that my dad came to check i was okay haha

But also Levi vs Beast Titan... so fucking awesome!
May 27, 2019 11:05 AM
May 2016

Ahahaha, fuck yes, I'm so happy to see this show is getting so much widespread approval. I've seen so many reactions now of people calling this one of their favorite eps of anime. Fuck who says this show's overrated, this is one of the most gripping anime epics yet.

Danpmss said:
BinaryFinary said:
AOT jumped 2 positions in top 100 after this episode. 10/10 best episode of the season

For now this is the peak, but just you wait for the basement portion, and THAT will establish this as a masterpiece for good in the eyes of many haha

I can't wait to see it animated <3

God I completely agree. Just thinking about how they're going to animate the basement and the subsequent episodes is giving me chills.
May 27, 2019 11:12 AM
Feb 2019
Zeke couldn’t do any damn thing against Levi! One of the greatest episodes,10/10
May 27, 2019 11:28 AM

Sep 2014
Modernoir said:

Ahahaha, fuck yes, I'm so happy to see this show is getting so much widespread approval. I've seen so many reactions now of people calling this one of their favorite eps of anime. Fuck who says this show's overrated, this is one of the most gripping anime epics yet.

Danpmss said:

For now this is the peak, but just you wait for the basement portion, and THAT will establish this as a masterpiece for good in the eyes of many haha

I can't wait to see it animated <3

God I completely agree. Just thinking about how they're going to animate the basement and the subsequent episodes is giving me chills.
there will always be people who only watch CGDCT ecchi comedy shows and hate on more character and story driven stuff
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 27, 2019 11:30 AM
May 2017
This is Armin's ep. Levi failed to do his mission. Erwin warned them about that cart-titan being a shifter, yet he got busy playing with Zeke. Should have acted faster after catching him. He and Zeke were enjoying themselves while the 15-year-olds were betting their lives to win the war and end this tragedy.
May 27, 2019 11:31 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Man, sometimes I hate that I've read the manga. Just reading the comments of people who came into this without knowing what was happening...it's enjoyment on another level. And the next episode that's coming...just....

They're doing a good job of adapting this.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 27, 2019 11:42 AM

May 2018
Really nice adaptation. Everything is just tight.

Farabeuf said:
Man, sometimes I hate that I've read the manga. Just reading the comments of people who came into this without knowing what was happening...it's enjoyment on another level. And the next episode that's coming...just....

They're doing a good job of adapting this.

Yep.. Not enough chills as we already know what would be happening years ago. Still 10/10 episode though.
Boot_LegMay 27, 2019 11:46 AM
The Conviction Arc is even better than the Golden Age Arc.
May 27, 2019 11:43 AM

Jan 2015
MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!! I have no words... This was amazing, everything.

Now we know what was that last scene in the end of the fist part of this season.
May 27, 2019 11:50 AM

Apr 2019
lol i dont know about u guys
@Farabeuf @Boot_Leg

but i fucking cried i created a new ocean
even though i read it
xD
You son of a .. turtle

May 27, 2019 12:17 PM

May 2018
Goodbye to you my friend...
May 27, 2019 12:18 PM

May 2018
The only thing I don't understand is that, how come Armin's body didn't melt if his blade got melted away like that.
The melting point of steel is pretty high it should be able to melt charred human flesh too.

Nim0174 said:
lol i dont know about u guys
@Farabeuf @Boot_Leg

but i fucking cried i created a new ocean
even though i read it
xD

I concede that I stayed almost cool as a stone throughout the ep
Except the Levi fight scene (as a Levi fanboy since 2012 my heart did drop a few beats lol)
Bad thing is that I know I would be much more stunned had I not read the manga lol
The Conviction Arc is even better than the Golden Age Arc.
May 27, 2019 12:19 PM
Nov 2018
amazing episode the payoff was worth it. the past two episodes were just unreal
May 27, 2019 12:41 PM

Sep 2007
Maybe the best episode of the entire series. The three most powerful titans are down for the count and that was so epic.

Levi was so badass against the Ape after all those sacrifices.

Hange save the day with the Armored (hope Sacha isn't to badly injured)

But Armin's sacrifice during his suicide mission was over the top. Really didn't expect this plan coming from the brain of the team. Wasn't that much attached to him but now, i get a lot more respect from me. Will see if he can have the seringue Levi was talking about and turn into a titan but i doubt it will happen.
May 27, 2019 12:44 PM

Feb 2017
Man Levi vs the Beast Titan was great. More importantly, may Armin rest in peace. He did a great job.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
May 27, 2019 1:00 PM
Mar 2015
Nice to see the Titans fall
May 27, 2019 1:01 PM
Apr 2018
bruh Levi back at it again with that devastating slash attacks of his
also my boi Armin is 200iq
May 27, 2019 1:01 PM

Jan 2013
Now that's what I'm talking about.
Finally, some good fucking episode.
May 27, 2019 1:03 PM

Feb 2009
Kmlshblr said:
Holy fuck what an episode
Despair time next week

Could you just stop spoilering you fucking asshole?
May 27, 2019 1:12 PM
Jan 2017
This ep was at its best, making it one of the most memorable episodes of entire Shingeki no Kyojin.
What makes it more wonderful is that every character is on the quest of giving their all especially the survey corps.
"WHATEVER IT TAKES" Just like Avengers:Endgame.
Sacrifice is the theme of this entire season
May 27, 2019 1:20 PM

Feb 2018
holy shit tht was epic asedfrtgh omg
May 27, 2019 1:29 PM
May 2017
Modernoir said:
blackiemma22 said:

Lol but on some real shit if you didn't really enjoy part 1 then consider this arc and even this episode AoT's peak. It won't get better, actually probably worse for you at the end of this arc and going forward. The manga readers remaining are AoT's fans that sticked through so obviously most of them will tell you that it's getting better and better, but the truth is basement reveal and what follow was a a deal breaker for a lot of people.

It was only really a deal breaker for people who didn't get the foreshadowing that's been scattered much like how the other twists were handled the same. AoT goes from being a great series to a masterpiece post-basement, delving into why is spoiler-territory though.

As you said without going into spoiler territory it's not necessarily about not getting the foreshadowing, it's about what you like to see in a fiction. It doesn't mean the writing is less good, just that it's not your cup of tea.
May 27, 2019 1:33 PM
May 2016
blackiemma22 said:
Modernoir said:

It was only really a deal breaker for people who didn't get the foreshadowing that's been scattered much like how the other twists were handled the same. AoT goes from being a great series to a masterpiece post-basement, delving into why is spoiler-territory though.

As you said without going into spoiler territory it's not necessarily about not getting the foreshadowing, it's about what you like to see in a fiction. It doesn't mean the writing is less good, just that it's not your cup of tea.

That's fine to have as an opinion but when it gets to people criticizing the twist for not being something more predictable that's when I find it a bit more stupid. Besides the previous seasons have been focusing on a far stronger and more complex narrative as they've gone on so there's been more than enough hints to give people the idea of what the series will be like. If you couldn't handle the story/character-heavy focus in season 2 and season 3 the series shouldn't really have been for you even before the basement reveal. Which is fine, there are other shows that do flashy action and hype stuff out there, like Kabaneri and so on.
May 27, 2019 1:38 PM

Mar 2008
fantastic episode, holy shit.
Armin :(
May 27, 2019 1:41 PM

Apr 2013
Okay first of all, I did not like how the beast titan escaped. Levi should've known better and immediately killed him. Second though... holy crap, is Armin really dead? I thought maybe they would transform him and let him eat Bertolt or something, but he looks damn dead to me lying there completely wasted. I sure hope that they won't let Reiner and Bertolt escape as well just because they wait too long until they can transform again or let the beast titan save them, it's time for them to finally die, especially after killing Armin.
May 27, 2019 1:49 PM
May 2016
Gator said:
Okay first of all, I did not like how the beast titan escaped. Levi should've known better and immediately killed him. Second though... holy crap, is Armin really dead? I thought maybe they would transform him and let him eat Bertolt or something, but he looks damn dead to me lying there completely wasted. I sure hope that they won't let Reiner and Bertolt escape as well just because they wait too long until they can transform again or let the beast titan save them, it's time for them to finally die, especially after killing Armin.

Didja miss the part where Levi explicitly states he can't kill the Beast Titan because they wanted to use the serum on a soldier to make them a mindless titan so they can eat the BT and gain his power?
May 27, 2019 1:52 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
I have to say that I think this is probably the best episode of SNK yet. I'm not a big fan of the franchise (especially cause the manga after this arc has gotten a bit ehhh), but they are really giving it all with this arc and I can't help being hyped! I rewatched various scenes multiple times even! I hope the rest of the season goes as strong!
May 27, 2019 1:53 PM
Jul 2018
What an incredible episode. It was so intense. All the characters were amazing, in their own way...
May 27, 2019 1:59 PM

Apr 2012
That alligator titan somehow reminds me of Tanjiro carrying Nezuko inside the box.
Armin was the hero of this episode. He didn't run till the end.
100/10
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
May 27, 2019 2:45 PM

Jul 2011
I cry for Armin T_T
May 27, 2019 2:47 PM

Feb 2009
Does the baseball references mean that in the outside world...baseball exists? Is AoT based in the future instead of a fantasy past?
May 27, 2019 2:54 PM
Apr 2019
I wasn't expecting the Levi vs. Beast Titan fight to be over so quick, but I guess that just shows how awesome Levi is.

This is definitely one of the best episodes of the show, and I'm glad it's getting the recognition it deserves!
May 27, 2019 2:58 PM

Aug 2015
Props to Armin for having the biggest guts in the series next to Erwin.
Levi destroyed Zeke, it was really quick as well, maybe quicker than I expected.

And we are getting close to Eren´s house. I am wondering how will people take the reveal and all the infodump.
May 27, 2019 3:00 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
The most intense episode ever, and probably the best episode of the series so far, all the episode was full of highlights, then gone ALL OUT.
Too much to process, that wasnt only one Hero on this episode, they were all so brave T_T
Eren getting the kill on Colossus was a call back to first season, really great.
Lets not forget Erwin either...

No complains about this episode, solid 10/10 there.
PlaycoolMay 27, 2019 3:03 PM
May 27, 2019 3:15 PM

Nov 2018
To think they managed to keep the bar set by the previous episode.
Another great episode.
May 27, 2019 4:42 PM
Jul 2017
They greatest AoT episode to air TO THIS DAY. I'm literally in FUCKING shock right now. What the actual fuck just happened. I'm gonna start the manga after this season ends. FUCK. BRO, I fucking cried. The internet already ruined this word but... I'M FUCKING SHOOK.
May 27, 2019 4:51 PM

Apr 2019
Arcos said:
Does the baseball references mean that in the outside world...baseball exists? Is AoT based in the future instead of a fantasy past?

depends on what you mean by future
baseball evolved in england from older bat/ball games in the mid 18th century.
so yeah, i dunno what that means but its just a real life fact
You son of a .. turtle

May 27, 2019 4:55 PM

Oct 2013
I really enjoyed Episode 4. I was amazed by everything it represented, from music, through art, ending on the direction. I was amazed to the point of writing in its dedicated thread on the forum that it can't be given a score of 10/10, but rather 11/10. Now I think that even 11/10 score won't be enough for Episode 5.

Why? It was even way better. If Episode 4 received 11/10 score from me, then Episode 5 deserved 12/10. Emotions, direction, music... Erwin's charge was dramatic both for him and for his soldiers, but later Levi could wreck Beast Titan. Too bad that four-legged fella who creeps me out each time he appears had to help Beast Titan to escape. Everything was perfectly directed.

I tip my hat to animation stuff. Levi vs. Beast Titan looked amazing, so were fights against Reiner and Bertholdt. Complexivity, great direction, caring for details, smoothness and correspondence with the art. It can be summarized like that.

About Armin... Damn. ;( His final stand was one of the most, if not the most, heroic moments in the whole series, at least until this moment.
Even when I knew what was gonna happen and what might happen in the next episode, that moment was special. By accident I read one spoiler months ago that was about Armin's sacrifice shown in the newest (back then) chapter of SnK manga. The funniest thing is that guys who spoiled it warned about spoilers, but gave a title of their articled posted on their website that spoiled what happened in the chapter.

Nevertheless, despite knowing about that moment from a spoiler, I could fully enjoy watching this scene. It proves that a journey itself is better than the final destination, especially when you have that many other events happening on the screen.

Man, I'm wondering if by the end of this cour I will be amazed to the point of writing about giving a score of 15/10 to an episode. xD It sounds ridicilous, but I am delighted to see such quality. Can't wait to see the next episode.
May 27, 2019 5:00 PM
Mar 2019
RIP Armin and Erwin, you will always be remembered as a hero, those two people are really MVPs in this episode, damn Levi failed to finish the Titan beast and now he is running away, eren scenes and mikasa defeated the colossal Titan and armor so EPIC, curious about the continuation of the series this, who are the warriors ?, what is in the basement? Who are the devils ?, and what is outside the wall ?, and please I don't need spoilers, this series is too extraordinary and dramatic for the shounen anime category
May 27, 2019 5:08 PM

Feb 2012
Easily the best episode of Attack on Titan. One of the rare instances where an episode is better than the manga chapter.
May 27, 2019 5:21 PM

Apr 2017
this episode fucking awesome, RIP Erwin & Armin
May 27, 2019 6:02 PM

Sep 2012
Just think how much better this all would have gone if they just finished off Reiner and Beastie Boy when they had the chance. But then I guess it wouldn't be dramatic :p And I'm sure it's still entirely possible they could fuck it up bad enough that all 3 titan shifters fucking escape. Is it bad that I felt nothing while Armin was cooking alive?
May 27, 2019 6:11 PM

Jul 2016
RIP Armin :(

But God damn it, my potato wife better be ok.
May 27, 2019 6:18 PM

Feb 2014
Top 10 best anime episodes I've ever seen. They absolutely nailed it, incredible.
May 27, 2019 6:32 PM

Nov 2014
didnt expect that armin would die like that, it was an amazing episode. 10/10

Also Levi is just in another level
May 27, 2019 7:22 PM

Nov 2013
HOLYYYY FCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

This was a perfect episode , Im speechless
I have a feeling

It's either him or

Also, the animation this episode was fkn S tier quality. Hella impressed. The battle between Levi and Beast Titan as well as the ODM gear sequences were the best I've seen so far
May 27, 2019 7:25 PM

Oct 2016
Bless Armin and his crispy soul
May 27, 2019 7:27 PM
Jun 2017
10/10 just like last weeks episode, i love this one, the battle scenes are great, story is great and emotions are there...

i just cant believe that Armin did that plan just for them to succeed... he did sacrifice himself just for them to win it..

and beast titan vs Captain Levi is great... that beast titan amidst having a large body is no match for levi...

yeah..
May 27, 2019 8:11 PM
May 2019
In comparison to the episode before this one where humans were cornered, this turn of events is incredible and unpredictable, the fight between beast titan vs Levi is treatment for eyes.
May 27, 2019 8:55 PM
Feb 2016
Hands down one of the TOP anime episodes of all time. They seriously nailed everything, direction, animation, fight scenes... WOW!!!
May 27, 2019 10:07 PM
Mar 2018
Awesome!!!! Levi humiliating Beast Titan! So glad Hange-san is alive, also press F for respect... RIP Erwin and Armin 😞
Pages (15) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by mapachefffff »»
Apr 4, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2019

458 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 6:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.