Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 26, 2019 12:45 PM

Oct 2018
I'm speechless...

No words can describe how amazing this episode was!

This is the best one in the entire series!!
-Aincrad-May 26, 2019 12:52 PM
May 26, 2019 12:46 PM
Oct 2013
This is the greatest episode of this series, after episode 21 of the 1st season.
The animation, the OST, the feels.
Thanks Studio WIT, you didn't disappoint!!!!!!!
May 26, 2019 12:47 PM

Oct 2013
Wow. That was an episode
May 26, 2019 12:48 PM
Nov 2017
Damn! Such a legendary episode!
Levi vs beast Titan did not disappoint, and Armin, Mikasa all shined in their battles as well.
Note the development of Mikasa, from season 1 where she tries to be with Eren during Trost invasion, to now where she understands she must focus on her own battles.
Although I know what happens next, it's still so painful to watch Armin sacrifice him self. And that scene with Eren slicing Bert was epic! It's symbolic that what defeated the colossal in the end wasn't the Titan but rather Eren in his human form.
All in all a wonderful episode. Can't wait for next week! AOT is what alleviates me from the doom and gloom of exams this season. :')
May 26, 2019 12:48 PM

Oct 2018
Titanslayer18 said:
ExodiaX said:
Levi vs Beast titan was kinda disappointing in anime compared to manga in my opinion but armin scene was handed really good. If I be honest this season by far has a hit or miss animation compared to uprising arc which was barely even about action. Hope new animated studio do a justice in season 4.

How was levi vs beast titan fight dissapointing? If its the music then i can understand but if its the animation, then u are wrong

Maybe i'm in the minority but something was feeling really off and I'm not hating, attack on titan is one of my favorite manga.
Ri22rkMay 26, 2019 1:31 PM
May 26, 2019 12:51 PM

Oct 2013
ExodiaX said:
Levi vs Beast titan was kinda disappointing in anime compared to manga in my opinion but armin scene was handed really good, If I be honest this season by far has a hit or miss animation compared to uprising arc which was barely even about action. Hope new animated studio do a justice in season 4.

No other animator could have done the levi vs beast titan fight better than Imai, so I'm hoping you are disappointed because the soundtrack didn't match the fight and not the animation, I will repeat again, no one can top Imai when it comes to these scenes so prepare to be disappointed on which ever studio takes snk if its true, because you will be wishing that you didn't say that.

You must have some really high expectation, I personally wasn't hype much when I read the manga version, but this episode was better than the manga imo.

@ExodiaX
You need to explain what was off about it, because I'm honestly puzzled here, you can't say it is bad animation, so what is it then?
May 26, 2019 12:55 PM
Jan 2019
ExodiaX said:
Levi vs Beast titan was kinda disappointing in anime compared to manga in my opinion but armin scene was handed really good, If I be honest this season by far has a hit or miss animation compared to uprising arc which was barely even about action. Hope new animated studio do a justice in season 4.

U really must be watching in 144p lol
Or ur eyes must have some kind of problem
I advise u to relook buddy
May 26, 2019 12:56 PM
Jul 2018
Amazing episode, Levi vs the Beast Titan was great. Seeing the Beast Titan escaping was even more frustrating than it was when I saw it in the manga lol
May 26, 2019 12:58 PM

Aug 2013
What an episode. Levi is such a badass.

Poor Armin. He was courageous.

May 26, 2019 12:59 PM

Oct 2018
keragamming said:
ExodiaX said:

No other animator could have done the levi vs beast titan fight better than Imai, so I'm hoping you are disappointed because the soundtrack didn't match the fight and not the animation, I will repeat again, no one can top Imai when it comes to these scenes so prepare to be disappointed on which ever studio takes snk if its true, because you will be wishing that you didn't say that.

You must have some really high expectation, I personally wasn't ype much when I read the manga version, but this episode was better than the manga imo.

@ExodaX
You need to explain what was off about it, because I'm honestly puzzled here, say it is bad animation, so what is it then?

Like I said I'm not hating and I'm not here to start an argument but that fight overall was alright, I'll make sure to not get too much hype, sorry if my comment was unnecessary.
May 26, 2019 1:00 PM

Jan 2018
This episode was amazing! The Levi and Beast titan fight was better than expected
can't wait for the next episode

May 26, 2019 1:00 PM

Dec 2015
Amazing, but still felt like something was missing from the fight...
May 26, 2019 1:01 PM

Feb 2011
I must have been waiting for this episode ever since 2014 when i picked up the manga. Absolute masterpiece of an episode and seeing it animated after so much time gives me feelings no other franchise has managed to.
May 26, 2019 1:01 PM

Apr 2014
Armin got barbecued

Levi's fight against the beast titan was slick and badass

OrangeJPMay 26, 2019 1:24 PM

May 26, 2019 1:02 PM
Apr 2016
Amazing episode, levi is such a badass but Armin was the star of the show here, next episode can´t come soon enough
May 26, 2019 1:03 PM
Apr 2016
Aaahah, this sucks. Feels so unfair to have character like Armin just kinda... go. If you check the opening sequence there is exactly half a frame: after Armin opens his eyes it instantly shows his burned body (though you can't tell if it is him, but you kinda can thanks to symbolism of it all). So if someone actually cared to watch the opening in slow-motion - AT LEAST YOU DON'T FEEL AS SAD NOW.
So there is still that syrenge left. We have about 2 crucial characters who could be saved - Erwin and Armin. WHICH ONE WILL OUTRIGHT REFUSE IT BECAUSE HE CAN AT LEAST MOVE HIMSELF?? This is so cruel.
Re:formed
May 26, 2019 1:07 PM

May 2019
I'm going to miss Armin :,(
May 26, 2019 1:07 PM
May 2019
I didn't accept that Armin got himself killed, I'm stiil in shock till now...
May 26, 2019 1:14 PM

Mar 2016
The end credits of the episode 49 is kinda a preview for the next episode, go check it out.
Tʜɪs ɪs ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ's ᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴏɴᴇ ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ. ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤ
May 26, 2019 1:17 PM

Apr 2017
oh great now i'm sad.

zeke vs levi was honestly pretty good. i can't say i was blown away, but imai sure came through and impressed me. i kinda wish the fight was longer - it felt really short, but i don't remember the fight being much longer in the manga. i think they just had to cut some stuff out for censoring purposes. it just didn't feel as epic as the manga.

armin's sacrifice had me crying - i cried when i read the manga but there's something about seeing it animated that really hits you. i think next episode is gonna make me cry more tho.

looks like
is next week. not ready.
May 26, 2019 1:22 PM

Sep 2014
Easily the greatest episode in the series.
May 26, 2019 1:29 PM

Apr 2019
Marlowes Voice Actor did such a fantastic Job.
You really felt his Pain and Fear.
I gotta watch this again in 1080p
I can see why people wouldn't love the OST in the Levi vs Beast Fight, although i personally enjoyed it.
Jesus what an Emotional Episode it was..
I loved it so much.

@Clefairiess you should remove that link before they ban you
just friendly advice
Nim0174May 26, 2019 1:34 PM
You son of a .. turtle

May 26, 2019 1:31 PM
Apr 2016
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Wit studio has the best production in history of anime

That's just fake news, really. Wrong as a fact.
Lel0uchZer0 said:
charlieman999 said:
Amazing episode, levi is such a badass but Armin was the star of the show here, next episode can´t come soon enough

Made the strongest titan (that we saw until now) look like a weak piece of crap

War Chief Zorge (or what) never had to face anyone determined up close. All he has is the power of titan, he has zero experience what happens when someone cripples the titan in melee, the only thing he figured out is when Levi was going for his neck. He is basically a power-drunk scum pretending to have a higher moral standing.
Re:formed
May 26, 2019 1:32 PM

Feb 2017
Amazing episode. I don't remember Reiner looking this hilarious lol. They done really good job with Armin. Levi vs Zeke felt kinda too short, I have to admit it didn't feel like I thought it would feel, but it was still good.
May 26, 2019 1:34 PM

Jan 2018
That was.. amazing. My overall opinion of this series has increased tremendously with these past two episodes.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

May 26, 2019 1:35 PM
Nov 2016
this is a straight up masterpiece right there
May 26, 2019 1:39 PM

Mar 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
Aaahah, this sucks. Feels so unfair to have character like Armin just kinda... go. If you check the opening sequence there is exactly half a frame: after Armin opens his eyes it instantly shows his burned body (though you can't tell if it is him, but you kinda can thanks to symbolism of it all). So if someone actually cared to watch the opening in slow-motion - AT LEAST YOU DON'T FEEL AS SAD NOW.
So there is still that syrenge left. We have about 2 crucial characters who could be saved - Erwin and Armin. WHICH ONE WILL OUTRIGHT REFUSE IT BECAUSE HE CAN AT LEAST MOVE HIMSELF?? This is so cruel.

I agree with you. In the end credits of this episode we see Erwin lifting up his arm and Levi reacting sorrowful. I think it's possible that Erwin sacrifaced himself to save Armin's life, knowing that they only have one syringe and that he's the smartest.
Tʜɪs ɪs ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ's ᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴏɴᴇ ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ. ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤ
May 26, 2019 1:42 PM

Jun 2016
Levi v Beast Titan more like Levi single-handedly takes down a giant beast. That was so one sided and EPIC! DAMN! HAIL LEVI!

And no. Armin T__T
May 26, 2019 1:43 PM

Dec 2013
Best episode of the series

[size=90]Signature by Nate-chan[/size]
May 26, 2019 1:44 PM
Jul 2016
Weirdly paced but I enjoyed it. Its kind of obvious/educated guess that Armin will probably get that injection to get him to heal/turn into titan, the way Levi randomly stressed it with beast titan spoiled that for me. "I need someone to turn into titan to eat and gain power of other titan" -> Same episode Armin 'dies'...Don't tell me if im right or wrong tho.
May 26, 2019 1:46 PM
Sep 2018
HOLY FUCKING SHIT, LEVI OMFG WTH. WHAT A GOD. RIP ARMIN.I think Erwin will become the Titan or probably that scardy guy.
May 26, 2019 1:50 PM

Dec 2013
jesus christ - what an episode.
RIP Armin, you will be missed - your tactics were pretty neat!

But oh my god - WIT studio + Levi scenes = a work of art. nuff said
May 26, 2019 1:51 PM

Jun 2009
BestBoiEren said:
god i hope that scum reiner and berthold will be fucking executed in a very painful way

Agree. I also hope the same thing will happen to Eren.
May 26, 2019 1:55 PM

Oct 2017
Somebody pls pass Armin that sunscreen

May 26, 2019 1:58 PM

Dec 2014
Holy fuck. Levi vs Beast Titan. I couldn't contain myself. I screamed like a fucking maniac
May 26, 2019 1:59 PM

Feb 2013
The price for this victory was huge.
May 26, 2019 2:01 PM

Dec 2015
I honestly don't know what I should focus on after having finished this episode. Both "halves" were absolutely amazing.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 26, 2019 2:01 PM
Oct 2016
The episode is way to intense. Watching levi slicing beast titan was on other level. Nonetheless 104th buddies also did well dealing with armoured and Colossal titans but all these achievements have cost them alot.
May 26, 2019 2:02 PM
Mar 2016
I was on the verge of crying throughout the whole episode
Jun 2017
levi vs beast titan animation couldn't get better than that,thank you Imai,also eren delivering the killing blow was fantastic with that slow motion.
RIP armin,you are indeed the bravest of the survey corps
May 2016
God. I fucking cried, that was something else. Imai was saving the best for the most pivotal ep, the animation was stunning. Levi vs the Beast Titan was better-animated than anything I could imagine and 2Volt fit the entire scene so well, the scouts vs Reiner had some really slick dynamic action too but good god, the scene of Eren scaling the Colossal and ripping out Bertholdt, all in glorious 2D. That alone makes up for my qualms about the CGI in this season honesty. God I loved this ep to death, honestly the OST I thought was perfectly used this time round, the lack of purely epic tracks with more melancholic, dramatic ones helped keep the ep's tone consistently somber all the way through. Stuff like Zeke's inner-monologues, Marlowe's final moments, and by god every single bit of Armin's performance, from his acceptance of his death to the last seconds of the ep where Eren says he was the bravest of them all.

Best episode in the series, hands down. This show is utterly fantastic.
ModernoirMay 26, 2019 2:17 PM
May 26, 2019 2:04 PM
May 2019
Fucking best episode I've witnessed in a long long time that had me pumped throughout the episode . Got chills when levi scene took place it was like captain America going up against Thanos except if it were levi he would have turned Thanos into kebab xD shit was great 10/10
May 26, 2019 2:05 PM

Sep 2012
This show is so much better when it doesn't attempt at politics or try to develop boring characters like Historia. It took me forever to finish part 1 of this season, and now I can't wait for the next episode!

Great fights with cool animation and nice strategy! Erwin, Armin and Levi were the true beasts.
SetsukoHaraMay 26, 2019 2:09 PM
May 26, 2019 2:09 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was probably the best SnK episode in quite some time
May 26, 2019 2:13 PM

Jul 2013
I feel like Levi vs Beast would be more emotionally satisfying if it was in the last episode. My hype died out a bit after a week of waiting. With that said, holy fuck that animation, god mode Levi surely didn't disappoint.

The freaking ED song almost made me cry.
May 26, 2019 2:19 PM
May 2019
Levi gotta make sure zeke isnt able to get himself hard in time
May 26, 2019 2:23 PM

Apr 2009
Holy shit Armin noooo :((( loved him from the very beginning, so sad to watch him die and so painfully at that :( What I would do is fricking use that syringe on Armin in the hope that it still could work on newly-dead bodies (it might not, but has anybody ever tried that??), let him regenerate from the burns, and make him eat one of our traitors, so he could come back to his human form (because as I remember, it's the condition for a titan to be able to do that?). But that doesn't explain why Levi was so mad in that teaser at the end of last season - and I'm guessing that it had to do everything with that syringe, but that guess might be off. Maybe it's gonna be a choice between Erwin and Armin??
Also, Levi is some sort of god of blades, this episode is the final proof of that, and I feel he deserved to get that last Beast kill, and he was denied :( Levi you blood-drenched hero, I salute thee!
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
May 26, 2019 2:26 PM

May 2015
This episode was beautifully done, I liked the music a lot and the overall calm but extremely sad atmosphere in the end.

And with that the shit gets real. I don't think I'm ready for the next episode :(
May 26, 2019 2:27 PM

Jul 2010
Damn, the best 20 minutes of my day.
May 26, 2019 2:27 PM
Apr 2017
Magnificent. This show finally reached the pinnacle I knew it could. If I didn’t ever see the ending of this show I would still be ok knowing this was the last episode I’d see. From the high stakes to the strategic plans, fighting, Ariel maneuvering, camera angles showing off the Titans towering over everything, and the heroic deaths from multiple characters I give this 10/10. The choreography of everything was so beautifully done and exciting that I believe it to be AoT best work. I was adrenaline pumped through Levi’s scene. Which brings me to a few points so I don’t ramble on about how excellent I think this episode was. Lol 1. Can we please make a spin-off with Levi as the MC? 2. I am convinced after watching this that Levi is the strength of this show because he is the most skilled. Eren is the heart of the show because he’s MC and a titan which is what the show is about. And finally Armin is the soul of this show because he represents everyone’s hopes and dreams. Both The other characters and the audience watching. His quote as a kid about not losing because he didn’t run was the ribbon on top. Finally Was does some debris hit them when others don’t? Lmao The rocks the beast giant threw killed everyone but the debris didn’t hurt anyone when Reiner was tearing up houses. Lol Except when Sasha missed her thunder spear and Reiner blew her away with the house. Idk I just need consistency haha Either way best ep of the whole series imo.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by mapachefffff »»
Apr 4, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2019

458 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 6:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.