Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 28, 2019 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
OP was decent; I feel like it'll grow on me, and I liked the ED. Great episode overall, hopefully it continues like this and does the manga justice :D
Apr 28, 2019 12:58 PM

Jan 2014
Definitely got some vibes from the opening song of Season 1 for this current opening.

Damn, Armin definitely stepped it up! That scene of Levi stabbing Reiner gave me the chills. Amazing start!
Apr 28, 2019 1:08 PM
Feb 2019

gotta love those titan sprints
Apr 28, 2019 1:11 PM
Nov 2018
How did the Beast Titan summon the other Titans out of nowhere. It wasn't as if there were humans there already...
Apr 28, 2019 1:14 PM

Dec 2015
Previous ED was better OP is on the same level. In the manga I preferred the political arc. But adaption seems to get better and better and I like the music during action. Might be my favorite season of AoT. Looks like 9/10 for now while season 1 was 7 only and season 2 + 3 (half1) were 8s for me.
Apr 28, 2019 1:17 PM
Apr 2016
kater_tot said:
HOLY SHIT! Wen all those lights flashed across Shiganshina my stomach dropped into my feet! I literally cannot see a single way that they can survive this! Someone important is definitely gonna die and i feel like it's gonna be Armin... and then i will cry haha

On that note, i'm so proud of my little blond bean! He was such a great leader in this episode!
When Levi stabbed Reiner in the neck i was like 'fuck yeah, got him!'... how the hell did he survive?!

Have you forgot to pay attention and her that Erwin "also has something up his sleeve"?

A great start for the new season. You can clearly see just how much characters have matured, if you could not tell before this episode. Erwin sees himself in Armin, someone to take his place should the worst happen. Levi is determined in stopping Bertolt,who us slaughtering other people because of some scheme. A lot is happening actually.
Re:formed
Apr 28, 2019 1:18 PM
May 2017
Goddamn 9.19 already??! Like i know its gonna drop by the end, but damn!! And you know all these votes are from manga readers XD, anyway good first episode
Apr 28, 2019 1:23 PM

Jan 2017
Good first episode. The OP is decent imo. Can't wait for the next one. This show is sooo entertaining.
Apr 28, 2019 1:25 PM

Mar 2016
This episode wasn't as good as I'd expected. The animation, art and voice acting were brilliant as always, but nothing really happens here. The season break should have never happened. This would have been so much more fun without it.

I don't like the new opening. Seriously, I am tired of Linked Horizon. All of their songs sound the same, and it just gets boring in a while. Red Swan was really a beautiful song that fit the story quite well.

I can't wait till the fights end. The best part comes after the fight.

I wonder how Eren's house looks like now. The design was different in the manga and anime.

The opening showed the basement. I can't wait to learn the truth inside all over again. Lol.
Apr 28, 2019 1:26 PM
Apr 2019
saengdao said:
the endings lyrics, if you know what's going to happen this season is immensely sad and the images from previous episodes added onto it for me.
extremely hyped for this season, the first episode had high tension itself.
Don't you think you are spoiling things a bit?
Apr 28, 2019 1:27 PM
Nov 2018
It’s back and Levi can never fail to disappoint us šŸ˜
Apr 28, 2019 1:41 PM

Mar 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
kater_tot said:
HOLY SHIT! Wen all those lights flashed across Shiganshina my stomach dropped into my feet! I literally cannot see a single way that they can survive this! Someone important is definitely gonna die and i feel like it's gonna be Armin... and then i will cry haha

On that note, i'm so proud of my little blond bean! He was such a great leader in this episode!
When Levi stabbed Reiner in the neck i was like 'fuck yeah, got him!'... how the hell did he survive?!

Have you forgot to pay attention and her that Erwin "also has something up his sleeve"?

A great start for the new season. You can clearly see just how much characters have matured, if you could not tell before this episode. Erwin sees himself in Armin, someone to take his place should the worst happen. Levi is determined in stopping Bertolt,who us slaughtering other people because of some scheme. A lot is happening actually.

Yeah i remember him saying that but there's no way they calculated for that many titans right?

I totally agree! I was surprised at Eren's development as well as Armin's because he'd usually do something stupid and reckless but he was pretty calm and composed this episode. I feel like Mikasa isn't getting enough development though
Apr 28, 2019 1:43 PM

Feb 2017
Mi_ka_dzu_ki said:
How did the Beast Titan summon the other Titans out of nowhere. It wasn't as if there were humans there already...

My guess is that he took all the titans in the area(hence why there are none in the town) and un-titanfied them, as to why, I think it was to prevent them being killed at the corps leisure and it's also easier to control them this way.
Apr 28, 2019 1:45 PM

Dec 2013
Great episode.
Clearly the best season so far.
Apr 28, 2019 1:47 PM

Dec 2015
Great start!
We had action, tension, suspense and a great OST even in the first episode.
The OP isn't bad, but not the best.
ED is nice. I really liked it.
I hope that it will keep the quality.
I'm waiting to see THAT SCENE and THAT FIGHT animated!
Apr 28, 2019 1:49 PM

Apr 2014
Same old OST, new songs and arrangements would be appreciated.
Apr 28, 2019 1:49 PM
Jul 2018
Finally going to start the action, the next episode looks like it will be very good.
Apr 28, 2019 1:56 PM
May 2016
Honestly, I'll need time on the OP and ED for them to grow on me, but that aside what a good fucking episode, like damn I enjoyed that very much. So glad to see this show is back on the map, the episode handled its tension really well and the OST was orgasmic already. Can't wait to see what's to come.
Apr 28, 2019 2:00 PM

Jun 2016
damn .. episode 1 so fucking awesome

Apr 2015
Straight from the start they continue where they left off in part 1 without too much recap, I like that!

Animation is as to be expected, very solid and beautifull to look at.

Armin proves himself to be a good asset once more by figuring out that they are hiding inside the wall. Levi is so quick with his movements, instantly striking Reiner when he was discovered inside the wall!

Honestly so hyped for this to see more!

Nov 2017
Am I the only one who thinks the new op is kind of... lacking?

Apr 28, 2019 2:05 PM
Oct 2018
SNK is back, baby!!! The opening is meh, tho.
Apr 28, 2019 2:08 PM

May 2014
It's so great to have titan back again! I love how Levi just went straight for Reiner and all the titans suddenly appearing. It's going to be tough wating for new episodes. I also saw the basement tease in the OP, looks like we'll finally see what's down there after 6 years.

Dagvi said:
Am I the only one who thinks the new op is kind of... lacking?

I agree. Definitely the weakest opening both music wise and visually in my opinion.
Apr 28, 2019 2:09 PM

Jul 2012
I'm so not ready for the best part of the manga being animated

Off to a great start!
Apr 28, 2019 2:11 PM

Apr 2019
Rank 2 hahahaha

I guarantee you will drop a lot the note and leave the top 2
Apr 28, 2019 2:12 PM
Feb 2019

Gotta love those spritns
Apr 28, 2019 2:13 PM
Jan 2019
Can we talk about how badass Levi was when he cut that throat? Like damn, he‘s so cool! The wait is finally over and i had goosebumps for like 23 minutes straight. Amazing episode! The op could be better tho, i expected more BAM, miss the first op :(
Can‘t wait for next week, why only 10 episodes thooo? šŸ˜­
Apr 28, 2019 2:14 PM
Jul 2018
I know it's only temporary, but seeing this as #2 is quite satisfying :D

Hopefully Steins;Gate will finally ascend to #2 once this falls.
Apr 28, 2019 2:16 PM
Aug 2016
Great episode. The only things I didn't like were op/ed and cgi.

Jun 2016
The episode was pretty fire, tho it lacked polish, but you'll expect that from the production... xD

The OP and ED are both awesome, Idk why the fuck people say it's terrible, some people just have mental retardation and can't learn how to actually have fun I guess...

But, overall, it seems promising and that's a good sign :)

Sep 2017
That was one hell of a opening episode! It was even better than I could ever hope for. If they continue with this quality then I can see this being the best season so far!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2019 2:18 PM

Aug 2016
Didn’t like the OP song; last one was really good. Great episode though and it looks like they’re going at a decent pace. I’m wondering how many eps this fight will be.
Apr 28, 2019 2:25 PM
Dec 2013
Man, I can't believe it's been 5 years since I finished the first season of Attack on Titan.

I finished Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 1 a month ago, so the wait hasn't been long for me for Season 3 Part 2 to start airing.

I like how the OP sounds similar to the first OP in the first season of AOT.

Awesome episode. Part 2 is off to a pretty great start. That moment when Levi attacked Reiner was brutal. They found Reiner, so it's only a matter of time when Berthold shows himself.

Seriously, this whole situation feels like it'll be on the scale of the Marineford War in One Piece.

Can't wait for next week's episode.
wildhoodApr 28, 2019 2:42 PM
Apr 28, 2019 2:27 PM

Sep 2014
great episode but sadly the OP simply sucks, atleast the ED works as some recap.

I will skip the OP probably, kinda sad about this.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 28, 2019 2:30 PM
Nov 2015
That OP sounded quite annoying.

The story is moving fast, I really appreciate that. The first 3 or 4 episodes, in special, will have some interesting plot lines to follow.

And... How I hate the voice acting in SnK. It's so melodramatic. Pure shit. I know they probably think this is what fit better to the manga, but one of the assignments of an adaptation is to make the best out of the source material, and this is certainly one thing that could be enhanced.
felipeliborioApr 28, 2019 2:38 PM
Apr 28, 2019 2:30 PM

Jun 2008
Well, let's enjoy the last good part of Shingeki no Kyojin! The series commits suicide after this part.
Apr 28, 2019 2:34 PM

Mar 2014
At first I was disappointed with the OP but after rewatching it I changed my opinion. Now I like it more and more with each replay.

Ed was nice. Very nostalgic. I reminds us about all hard training that led to this battle.

Episode itself was great. I had chills. Especially when Levi attacked Reiner.

Even though I know what will happen I can't wait for the next episodes.
Apr 28, 2019 2:37 PM
Jul 2017
I refuse to find anything wrong with this episode. My life needs one great anime series in it.

SASAGEYO!!!
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Apr 28, 2019 3:02 PM

Aug 2018
soooooo... I liked it but, were all those titans in human form? I'm calling BS on that.
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Apr 28, 2019 3:10 PM

Oct 2014
Bit of a slow start to the ep, but the ending was pretty hype. Excited for next ep.
Apr 28, 2019 3:18 PM

May 2013
Good to be back. Great first ep and gets right into it which I appreciate. Levi without hesitation slicing Reiner down gave me the good ol aot hype chills. Lets goo
*insert cringey anime reference here*
Apr 28, 2019 3:24 PM

Nov 2013
omfg, i felt so scared when i saw all those titan transforming, i'm still trembling lmfao
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 28, 2019 3:30 PM

Mar 2019
Holy shit that became suspenseful after they plugged the outer wall. And Levi's attack was so hype. Episode struck all the right chords. It was great.
Apr 28, 2019 3:31 PM
Nov 2018
*ATFER 4 YEARS, THIS IS THE SHIT I WANT TO SEE*
It really feels like early AOT, and that was prime aot so were in for a treat
Apr 28, 2019 3:32 PM

Mar 2014
Holy shit there was absolutely no drop in quality I was on the edge of my seat the entire time

Awesome that Erwin recognizes how smart Armin is and THEY FUCKING FOUND REINER'S HIDING SPOT
Apr 28, 2019 3:32 PM

Aug 2017
SethBigBoss said:
As expected that was amazing. Both OP and ED are great.

Honestly I skip EDs for everything but like the OP was pretty good. 10/10 would listen again. It sounded like the first ever OP and I was like they are using the old OP but they never did.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Apr 28, 2019 3:33 PM

Aug 2017
Vysarine said:
Holy shit there was absolutely no drop in quality I was on the edge of my seat the entire time

Awesome that Erwin recognizes how smart Armin is and THEY FUCKING FOUND REINER'S HIDING SPOT

I mean Armin proved that he is valuable. This episode will just build on that

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Apr 28, 2019 3:40 PM

Jan 2019
guizo- said:
soooooo... I liked it but, were all those titans in human form? I'm calling BS on that.

no they weren't, remember what happened with connies village? and no hole?
and remember the beast titan abilities he has shown so far?
yeah

SSTHZero said:
Well, let's enjoy the last good part of Shingeki no Kyojin! The series commits suicide after this part.

noooo but thats where it starts to get really good!
DenkiDestroy99XApr 28, 2019 3:43 PM
Apr 28, 2019 3:45 PM

Sep 2017
Holy shit. I was so tense the entire time. God I'm not ready for all the death that's about to happen. That opening was pretty unreal as well. The shot with Eren basically crushing Reiner's skull with his hardened fists makes me so excited to see the fight.

It looks like beast titan can somehow summon/spawn other titans. Hopefully that is not something he can freely do or else we are extra screwed. I do hope at least some of Reiner, Bertolt, and beast titan die. I don't really know what to expect besides just massive slaughter on both sides. I'm not ready to watch any of the main members of Eren's group to die.
Apr 28, 2019 3:46 PM
Apr 2018
It was okay. The episode was pretty average. The Opening song is a little bit shit compared the others. This new one is just a combo of Guren no Yumiya and Shinzou Wo Sasageyo with some new elements. And Sasageyo already had elements of Guren no Yumiya mixed into it already. Then your just waiting for the beat drop that never really came...

Its an introductory episode with a lot of time taken to show scenes from previous seasons or just exposition. Not that thats bad. But a 9.19? Already? Nah

Am I the only one bummed out that at least in the opening, the Colossal Titan is still 3D CGI?
I know Season 2 had a lot of production issues, but the Colossal looks awful 3D. It worked for the Rod Reiss Titan because its meant to look disgusting and horrific...
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

346 by GengarGrinn »»
Apr 26, 6:15 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

548 by ARTisANexplosion »»
Apr 25, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.