Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 14, 2019 5:27 AM

Apr 2016
What I see from the cover is what I get.
Disappointed with the animation quality.

I'm OK with them looking derp during comedy scenes but not in the serious ones.

Jeez. They started showing the characters in a cringey harem scene.
Well, at least Kotori was adorable when she burnt her lips. ^_^

Natsumi is quite smug. XD
Jan 14, 2019 10:03 AM
Feb 2016
Wtf happened to the art and animation? This is almost as bad as DxD Hero (still debating if it is better or worse though)
Jan 14, 2019 10:51 AM
Jan 2018
Supersky said:
Wtf happened to the art and animation? This is almost as bad as DxD Hero (still debating if it is better or worse though)

The series has had 3 stuidos both bankrupt one of them halfway through production and pushed onto another studio with what looks like low budget . And people where expecting something else.... Ok
Jan 14, 2019 10:59 AM
Feb 2016
UtopiaBeyond said:
I watched the pre-air as well. Animation was okay. If they can keep up this mystery for the entire season. I think the story will be good.

Where did you watch the pre-stream?
Jan 14, 2019 1:48 PM

May 2015
i miss origami :D.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 14, 2019 4:12 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
I AM LOVING THE START OF DATE A LIVE III !!!!!! ITS GONNA BE SOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOD XDDD AND WE SEEING MORE OF THE GIRLS !!!!!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 15, 2019 1:27 AM

Feb 2016
Supersky said:
UtopiaBeyond said:
I watched the pre-air as well. Animation was okay. If they can keep up this mystery for the entire season. I think the story will be good.

Where did you watch the pre-stream?

I watched it on one of those "illegal" websites.
Jan 15, 2019 6:49 AM
Feb 2016
I bet you all know how us DxD fans felt when season 4 was looking downgraded as well with the drastic changes from the new studio. Hell, even in Japan the BD's didn't do too well, making only 41% the number of copies sold compared to Born
Jan 16, 2019 1:43 AM
Sep 2015
Fine, girls, stop bitching around, now shut the fuck of

Mod Edit: Removed images spoiling future episodes.
Zach-chanDec 19, 2022 7:15 AM
Jan 16, 2019 6:47 AM

Jul 2017
@MrBefruit They all look pretty damn decent to me. Won't complain. The animation/art style is improving and that's a great thing. It's just a matter of time to adjust to this new art style now. On to the next episode!
Jan 16, 2019 8:10 AM
Oct 2015
MrBefruit said:

Yessss love it...they make art looks good 😍😘 cant wait

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
Zach-chanDec 19, 2022 7:15 AM
Jan 16, 2019 8:12 AM
Jan 2018
MrBefruit said:

My heart melts yoshino looks cuter then she has ever been before as she should be .must protect

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
Zach-chanDec 19, 2022 7:16 AM
Jan 16, 2019 10:19 AM

Sep 2009
I finally watched this episode worrying about all that was being said and jesus H christ you people made it sound like it was the worse animation ever. It's not that bad.
Jan 16, 2019 11:48 AM

Sep 2011
LOL at these people complaining about the art and animation. At the very least, they really did their best to keep the art the same as before and I'm surprised that I almost see no difference, maybe except Shidou but overall art difference is barely noticeable.

Meanwhile, my only concern is how freaking fast the pacing is.
TennoujiJan 16, 2019 11:51 AM

Jan 17, 2019 10:48 PM

Oct 2015
...I thought it was ok. Didn't notice a major drop in quality, and I just re-watched the first two seasons.
Gotta find the fake, inb4 it's the girl who says "gross". The perfect cover, how would you even know?
Jan 18, 2019 3:10 AM
Jan 19, 2019 7:53 AM

Mar 2017
New spirit felt like badass... Then she's a dumb -.-"
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!
Jan 19, 2019 4:37 PM
Feb 2014
bastek66 said:
This is catastrophe

Nice Joke

For a light hearted episode is ok and I never expected great aesthetics from Date a Live, is acceptable like it is... certainly much more than the third season of Index(Still not the worst you can get)
Jan 19, 2019 6:09 PM

May 2009
Dragonx96 said:
bastek66 said:
This is catastrophe

Nice Joke

For a light hearted episode is ok and I never expected great aesthetics from Date a Live, is acceptable like it is... certainly much more than the third season of Index(Still not the worst you can get)

They managed to fix whole episode compared to pre-air.
Jan 20, 2019 1:17 AM

Jun 2015
So I stopped after less than 3 minutes to say "WTF IS THIS ANIMATION".
Seriously The visuals looks nothing those of seasons 1 and 2. Even the ovas had better visuals.

Jan 20, 2019 6:56 AM
Jan 2018
Dark_Lord9 said:
Seriously The visuals looks nothing those of seasons 1 and 2. Even the ovas had better visuals.

Obviously that's what happens when a studio changes the Art style tends to change too .

Apprently the 2nd episode is a improvement animation wise
Jan 21, 2019 8:03 AM

Mar 2012
I realize the last DAL anime was years ago but somehow I feel like this was worse than before. Maybe just me.
Jan 22, 2019 4:19 AM

Jun 2015
Mattinator95 said:
Dark_Lord9 said:

Obviously that's what happens when a studio changes the Art style tends to change too .

From season 1 to season 2 there was also a change of studios, yet the visual side was faithfully respected in season 2. Add to that that those seasons were made by studios which are not very successful but this season was made by J.C.Staff damn it.
They have no excuse for releasing such hideous visuals.

Jan 22, 2019 6:55 AM
Jan 2018
Dark_Lord9 said:
Mattinator95 said:

From season 1 to season 2 there was also a change of studios, yet the visual side was faithfully respected in season 2. Add to that that those seasons were made by studios which are not very successful but this season was made by J.C.Staff damn it.

They do have an excuse depending if they got thrown the series to them in a short amount of time after IMS went bankrupt .
Jan 22, 2019 9:01 AM

Jun 2015
Mattinator95 said:
Dark_Lord9 said:

They do have an excuse depending if they got thrown the series to them in a short amount of time after IMS went bankrupt .

Why wouldn't they have enough time ? Season 2 aired in 2014 and it's not like IMS announced that the anime would air pretty soon so J.C.Staff had all the time they wanted.

Jan 22, 2019 10:32 AM
Jan 2018
Dark_Lord9 said:
Mattinator95 said:

Why wouldn't they have enough time ? Season 2 aired in 2014 and it's not like IMS announced that the anime would air pretty soon so J.C.Staff had all the time they wanted.

Season 3 wasn't announced till 2017 which is when it was in production and during the production last year IMS went bankrupt before October where they announced J.C stuff where doing the season . No one knows if they where doing it from the start or not . Plus it all down to the budget that was givin
Jan 26, 2019 10:26 AM

May 2017
Guess the animation wasn't that good, but i'm pretty sure everyone is compairing with the newest anime, which had pretty damn good animation. Things incredibly better as violet evergarden or other examples (nothing else comes to mind right now). you can't compare it with others. judging it without comparing it, is the wisest. So in my opinion. I found it decent, but obviously it could have been better. I liked the way it started and it was better than i expected, i had low expectations tho. The plot, on the other, hand seemed pretty good.

I think she'll impersinate either a human or Yoshino because they'd be the easiest. But if i go with the cliche approach, it'll definitely Yatogami Tooka.
LustrousParadoxJan 26, 2019 4:51 PM
Jan 26, 2019 11:11 AM
Sep 2018
LustrousAmethyst said:
Guess the animation wasn't that good but i'm pretty sure everyone is comparing with the latest anime which had pretty good animation. I'm talking violet evergarden.
No one's comparing this to Violet Evargarden - that's way too unfair. People are comparing it to normal standards for seasonal anime. There was some laughably bad animation in this.
Jan 26, 2019 12:52 PM

Dec 2013
Harem antics were meh.

At least things got interesting at the end.
Jan 26, 2019 4:47 PM

May 2017
DumpsterKing said:
LustrousAmethyst said:
Guess the animation wasn't that good but i'm pretty sure everyone is comparing with the latest anime which had pretty good animation. I'm talking violet evergarden.
No one's comparing this to Violet Evargarden - that's way too unfair. People are comparing it to normal standards for seasonal anime. There was some laughably bad animation in this.
I understand but i'm not saying they are, i'm saying they are comparing it to other stuff that might be better because it would. I might be wrong, it could be a horrible piece of garbage, i'm saying it's better than other things. I don't want to jump to conclusions yet. I want to stay open minded at least 2 more episodes.
Lets just wait and see.
Mar 10, 2019 4:43 PM

Oct 2012
The hell, J.C.Staff, wtf was this? Characters felt completely different, Shido was shadows of his former self and it seemed like whole show suddenly changed into a parody!

Not like new character designs too.. The direction is the same and the story may be interesting but in adaptation like this.. this is a joke, right?
Mar 10, 2019 6:28 PM
Aug 2018
Mich666 said:
The hell, J.C.Staff, wtf was this? Characters felt completely different, Shido was shadows of his former self and it seemed like whole show suddenly changed into a parody!

Not like new character designs too.. The direction is the same and the story may be interesting but in adaptation like this.. this is a joke, right?

Production wise episodes 1,5 and 7 had some issues. However the rest are fine and episodes 8 and 9 are excellent.
Mar 10, 2019 7:01 PM

Oct 2012
NormT said:
Production wise episodes 1,5 and 7 had some issues. However the rest are fine and episodes 8 and 9 are excellent.

I hope so, it's not like I want to drop it right away cause I like previous seasons and I know JCS knows their stuff if they work hard. It's bit reassuring that the show gets better later on.
Mar 26, 2019 1:54 PM

May 2016
Wow I been waiting for nearly 3 years now, I remember it as yesterday when I finished the last ep of s2 I was felt with anguish well back then I had watched a few shows around 10 or so but now come to think of it, it sure was an enjoyable time, I wish I could go back to that time and feel like that again.

well this episode was not bad I guess typical DAL stuff and comedy wise they still got their touch.
Apr 4, 2019 4:12 AM

Mar 2016
Well, this season's art style has certaily changed. Besides that, seems like it's also more colourful from this first ep alone. So, I'll see if it turn out for better or worse.

Nothing like a good rainbow stew to start off the season with everyone burning their lips and needing a kiss from Shido.

Now, the real deal. A new spirit, Natsumi, the witch with an onee san personality. I've never seen Shido acting so shyly since when he was being Shiori. That's what an onee san will do to you!

Wow, Natsumi must be really weak on the inside to go this far to ruin Shido's life for seeing her in her OG form, even though he didn't. Thanks to Tohka and especially Origami, impersonating as Shido is impossible when these 2 girls are around, but impersonating anyone else? That's a whole different story. A mystery/detective story which is pretty much the theme I'm getting from the last scene of this ep.
Apr 21, 2019 11:16 PM

Aug 2017
This is steamy. How can any guy turn down this straightforward seduction?

Apr 29, 2019 2:39 AM

Aug 2018
Damn, I forgot the hilarious choosing from 3 answers part.. ;p
How they managed to detect her mommy type or something so fast.. ;p
Hm?.. She can change forms?..
Tooka is just accepting.. Sweet as always.. ;p
Damn, Origami.. ;o I like your assertiveness.. ;p
Oh, damn, Natsumi's plan to live in this world as Shido is actually really smart..
Damn, Tooka and Origami are just best girls.. ;D Knowing Shido like that, and the way they acted earlier as well..
Oh, damn, Natsumi is just creating interesting plan after plan.. ;p Another dangerous one, I'm kinda worried, but also kinda interested, how it goes now..
Lots of fun first episode, hope Date a Live continues to provide as it did previously.. ;p
Jul 26, 2019 3:03 PM

Nov 2013
The girls are trying to kill Shido, a kiss crazed Miku is running wild and Origami is stalking. Pretty wild start.

Natsumi spells trouble, but I like her witch outfit. Her method of dealing with the AST was surprisingly harmless.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jun 10, 2020 10:32 AM

May 2020
Art is different I guess but well joke is still funny and made me laugh. Finally Date a Live make an Onee-san type. TOBICHI ORIGAMI WHAT DE HECK?? LET ME GROPE TOO !
sharosharoJun 12, 2020 7:28 PM
Nov 9, 2020 12:56 PM

Nov 2016
This series is still amusing.

And we got yet another spirit. Natsumi the onee-san type, but she seems to have some complexes. Wonder what she's hiding.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 30, 2021 1:36 PM

Apr 2013
Man, I had completely forgotten how stupid the premise of this show is. "There are aliens appearing on earth and you have to date them to neutralize them". Yup, that make sense.

The girls are still fine, but the protagonist is still stupid as f*ck. He couldn't figure out that the fake doppelgänger would be Natsumi and instead of explaining the really simple situation he just stuttered and that's it. *sigh*
Apr 21, 2021 8:28 AM

Jan 2015
Used to love this series as a kid, but felt my brain melting when I started this episode and was going through the harem nonsense, hahahaha. However, I did start enjoying it more when we got introduced to Natsumi. Cool to finally see her in the anime, as someone who's always known a little bit about her (mainly her design). Her power is really cool, too.
Kurumi's going to be the best part of this season, though, like she is the entire series.
Mar 6, 2022 10:20 AM

Jul 2008
So been a long time since I've kept up with this series, but...

-The animation is horrific. If episode ONE is this poorly done, that makes me super worried for the series.

-The episode felt a bit off pacing wise. It was mostly harem and comedy but they tried to get really serious at the end. Didn't work for me. But the opening scene at least made sense to quickly reintroduce all the characters.

-The official subs are quite bad. I noticed at least three complete mistranslations, and a lot of the phrasing wasn't very good in terms of flow.
Dec 4, 2022 9:47 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
appears a new one, Witch, and she has a great secret, but which one? kekeke
Dec 19, 2022 5:34 AM

Dec 2012
Dat hot pot.
Dat lollipop.
LMAO It actually doesn't taste bad.
Miku looking fine on that tv.
Miku appears. lol
Miku slaying dat outfit.
Miku's birthday? She wants a kiss from everyone.
LMAO at Tohka telling Miku to get back into the tv.
lol at Miku says what a poisonous color.

On this day 6 years ago, I finished Mayuri Judgment and thought DAL wouldn't get another season. I didn't expect to return so late, but after 6 years, I'm back. Holy shit! I followed the pre-release news of DAL III, but seeing it for myself now... WTF! I'm watching the BD. The visual downgrade on the character designs made me want to cry because DAL I and especially II looked amazing. Literally, I rewatched the last episode of DAL II before watching this episode. That makes it hurt even more. Also, WTF at no Kotori pantsu during her signature jump and kick? So not only are the visuals bad, but they removed fanservice?

It's been 6 years so seeing these characters again reminded me of how funny they are. It felt warm in my heart. Happy to see Origami's tactics again. Kannazuki still GOATed. My Little Shido (my favorite part) still fun as ever, especially with the options.

Another good song by sweet ARMS. I knew surpassing II's OP song would be tough, but they didn't surpass it. It's below I and II. I like how the narrator said after a long wait the curtain has been raised for the 3rd time. That gap between Mayuri Judgment and III was brutal. And II to III was even more brutal.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 2, 2023 6:54 PM

Nov 2010
I will french kiss Miku! I'll suck her tongue till I make her cum!
8:13 Option 3 for me!
8:51 I prefer the option of licking her delicious armpits!
11:44 I'm curious about her true form.
Origami is hilarious.
Jun 13, 2023 8:14 PM
Feb 2021
Crazy amount of stakes for this show. Granted, the odds that Nasumi doesn't join the herem is practically 0, but still. J.C. staff animation is so damn jank though
Jun 28, 2023 8:52 PM
Oct 2020
What's wrong with these girls? They're messed up.
The real Shido: Well, I can't deny it.

Some funny moments in this ep but doesn't seem to be on same level as the previous seasons. It's only the first one so guess we'll see. The wacky cartoon fight scenes were amusing but I prefer the mecha-like action. 
Nov 30, 2023 8:01 PM

Nov 2023
JC staff what happened to ya
Apr 23, 5:19 AM

Jul 2022
Not a fan of the new animation but Natsumi could be an interesting spirit. Already somewhat intrigued.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

137 by Banana1233441 »»
Apr 24, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

0 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

118 by -DxP- »»
Apr 6, 1:45 PM

» who

Remoerus - Oct 29, 2021

16 by Youre_boyIruma »»
Feb 28, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

166 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 8:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.