Forum Settings
Forums

2019 Anime Watching Challenge - Discussion (OPEN until DEC 15)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (48) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »
Feb 13, 2019 10:23 PM

Apr 2011
What constitutes as a child as far as the challenge is considered? Younger than 15? 12? 10 or younger?
Feb 13, 2019 11:05 PM

May 2013
yhunata said:
What constitutes as a child as far as the challenge is considered? Younger than 15? 12? 10 or younger?

From the Challenge List with Explanations
Child counts as 12 years old or younger
Feb 14, 2019 12:12 AM

Jul 2014
Rimzyy said:
Does Haikyuu!! count for #33: Watch an anime that has a one-word title of the apprentice challenge? Does it count as a word or no?
Yes, it counts as one word title.

(character limit)
Feb 14, 2019 4:11 AM

Jul 2012
Hey guys, just a little question, does "Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online" counts as "an anime with a full English title"?
I was going to watch another anime, but this one is on Netflix, so why not lol
I mean, I know it is all in English, but I don't know if there is some problem because those are the names of the games they are playing or wherever @-@

Feb 14, 2019 4:40 AM

May 2016
"Watch an anime that began airing the same month (any year) you joined MAL"

Does it include movies that aired that month? Or does it apply only to a series that has a starting point in that month?
Feb 14, 2019 5:48 AM
King of Justice

Mar 2017
taynis said:
Hey guys, just a little question, does "Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online" counts as "an anime with a full English title"?
I was going to watch another anime, but this one is on Netflix, so why not lol
I mean, I know it is all in English, but I don't know if there is some problem because those are the names of the games they are playing or wherever @-@

As long as all words in the title are found in the English dictionary, it's valid. In this case, yes, it's valid.

windmillness said:
"Watch an anime that began airing the same month (any year) you joined MAL"

Does it include movies that aired that month? Or does it apply only to a series that has a starting point in that month?

If the item doesn't specify an anime type as a requirement, any item that fits the requirements is valid. So for that item, movies are valid as long as they're listed in the database as coming out the same month you joined MAL.
Feb 14, 2019 5:50 AM

Jul 2014
@taynis
Yes, it's valid for a full English title.

EDIT: ninja'd
Feb 14, 2019 6:18 AM

Jul 2012
@bigdud24
@mozgow

Thank you both! :D

Feb 14, 2019 12:43 PM

May 2016
Hello, any recommendations for Ap.29?
Feb 14, 2019 1:24 PM

Nov 2010
Shadow_Reaper13 said:
Hello, any recommendations for Ap.29?

Mob Psycho 100
Zetsuen no Tempest
Arakawa under the bridge
Mahou Shoujo Madoka magica
Nichijou

I like all of them, tried to think of different genres

Feb 14, 2019 3:19 PM

Aug 2017
Just asking to make sure, but I guess if you have an anime that you've only seen one or two episodes of before the challenge started you can't just rewatch those and then the rest to use for the challenge?
Feb 14, 2019 3:40 PM

May 2015
Hello, I require additional assistance with the "Watch an anime with 2 or more main characters where one is as a human child".
Would Golden Kamuy season 2 be eligible for this challenge? Asirpa's age is never outright stated from my knowledge, however, she certainly appears to be a child.

Thanks.
Feb 14, 2019 4:49 PM

Apr 2011
Olde-Jo said:
Hello, I require additional assistance with the "Watch an anime with 2 or more main characters where one is as a human child".
Would Golden Kamuy season 2 be eligible for this challenge? Asirpa's age is never outright stated from my knowledge, however, she certainly appears to be a child.

Thanks.
Asirpa is guessed to be either 12 or 13. I don’t think it is safe to use her in the case that she is 13.

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Feb 14, 2019 11:30 PM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
MatokiFanFan said:
Just asking to make sure, but I guess if you have an anime that you've only seen one or two episodes of before the challenge started you can't just rewatch those and then the rest to use for the challenge?

Yes, the whole anime needs to be watched in 2019, so if you have started it prior to that you cannot use it. Sorry.
Feb 15, 2019 3:28 AM

Feb 2017
Hello i have a question regarding the items:
Novice #29
Watch any anime recommended to your Favorite Anime — state your favorite anime added as favorite; if your favorites change, change accordingly

Intermediat #07
Watch an anime that began airing the same season and year as your favorite anime — state your favorite anime added on your profile; if your favorite changes, change this accordingly

Does it have to be the same favorit anime or can they be 2 different ones from my profile?

AWC_mod said:

Jan 01 - Sep 29 || Angelic Expert, Persistent Master of TV || #2297 || #76 || @ManuelB87

Feb 15, 2019 3:32 AM

Jul 2014
@ManuelB87
No, it doesn't have to be the same favourite.
Feb 15, 2019 5:25 AM

Jul 2016
I have a question for section 2 #8 "Watch an anime with a voice actor that worked on 5 or less series". Do I also have to count theme song performances? Rika Nagae has 5 voice acting roles and one additional Theme Song Performance in a different series. Does she still count?

Feb 15, 2019 6:33 AM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
extremeplant said:
I have a question for section 2 #8 "Watch an anime with a voice actor that worked on 5 or less series". Do I also have to count theme song performances? Rika Nagae has 5 voice acting roles and one additional Theme Song Performance in a different series. Does she still count?

She seems to have worked on 5 series so far. So you can use her, to be sure you can take a screenshot in case it changes.
Feb 15, 2019 10:15 AM

May 2016
Will Kaja Bergmann from Natsu no Arashi! Akinaichuu be fine for Ap.21 (Since she's a ghost)?
Feb 15, 2019 10:29 AM

Nov 2014
Shadow_Reaper13 said:
Will Kaja Bergmann from Natsu no Arashi! Akinaichuu be fine for Ap.21 (Since she's a ghost)?
I'd say no. Needs to be human, and while a ghost used to be human, it really isn't anymore
Feb 15, 2019 12:52 PM

May 2014
looking for a rec for (Ap.29) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread
must be TV type and 20+ min per episode, preferably not something with 47382637 episodes
and just to let you know... I already assigned a chunk of my ptw for different requirements and I don't really want to unnecessarily switch things around bc I'm lazy

I'll be out ridin' my pony until it's time for candy
And I'll be naked, because I want to

Feb 15, 2019 1:02 PM

Nov 2014
Clover said:
looking for a rec for (Ap.29) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread
must be TV type and 20+ min per episode, preferably not something with 47382637 episodes
and just to let you know... I already assigned a chunk of my ptw for different requirements and I don't really want to unnecessarily switch things around bc I'm lazy
Gotcha covered (avoided your PTW, so you shouldn't have to worry about rearranging stuff):

Girls' Last Tour
Umi Monogatari
Nana
El Cazador de la Bruja
Serial Experiments Lain

Hope you see one that catches your eye ~
Feb 15, 2019 1:37 PM

May 2014
abhutrash said:
Clover said:
Gotcha covered (avoided your PTW, so you shouldn't have to worry about rearranging stuff):

Girls' Last Tour
Umi Monogatari
Nana
El Cazador de la Bruja
Serial Experiments Lain

Hope you see one that catches your eye ~

Thanks c:
I spotted a fantasy tag so.. I know what I'm picking~

I'll be out ridin' my pony until it's time for candy
And I'll be naked, because I want to

Feb 15, 2019 5:15 PM

Nov 2016
Hey, I'm looking for a challenge recommendation, preferable from my PTW and single cour.

Thanks in advance :)

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 15, 2019 7:17 PM

Dec 2018
FMmatron said:
Hey, I'm looking for a challenge recommendation, preferable from my PTW and single cour.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/10161/No6
https://myanimelist.net/anime/13601/Psycho-Pass
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32995/Yuri_on_Ice
Here ya go
Feb 15, 2019 7:23 PM

Nov 2016
jiro-kyoka said:
FMmatron said:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/10161/No6
https://myanimelist.net/anime/13601/Psycho-Pass
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32995/Yuri_on_Ice
Here ya go

👌🏻

Dunno with which one I will eventually go, but all of them seem like a solid choice. No6 might be the most convenient, tho.
FMmatronFeb 15, 2019 8:14 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 16, 2019 1:54 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
@AWC_Mod & @SheyCroix Hello!

I am submitting my final batch of AWC banners just as I promised. I'm posting the codes first before the full banner preview.

Also, to @AWC_Mod & @SheyCroix , I have a small personal request as the creator of these banners. One of the image URLs for the banner is placed in its own line, at the top. That single banner should be placed alongside the banners of Ram and Rem, because I would like to see all the Re:Zero banners aligned at the top of the selection, please.

So if all banners are placed correctly, they should look like this in the banner selection:

I'm proud to say that I've finally completed all the banners! x) Please and thank you!

@Lyfa & @Gaeki Hi! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Feb 16, 2019 4:25 AM

Apr 2011
Can I request something for (Ap.29) ‘Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread’ before actually finishing Novice? (Almost there, though.) Preferably one-or two cour, please consider my Plan-To-Watch list too!

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Feb 16, 2019 4:37 AM

Jan 2013
Lestat- said:
Can I request something for (Ap.29) ‘Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread’ before actually finishing Novice? (Almost there, though.) Preferably one-or two cour, please consider my Plan-To-Watch list too!
I'm not from the staff so I don't know but it should be okay I guess as long as you don't start the recommended anime before finishing Novice? Anyway some staff member will probably confirm later.

From PTW I recommend:
Chika Gentou Gekiga: Shoujo Tsubaki
Kasei Yakyoku
Kyuuketsuhime Miyu
Makai Toshi Shinjuku
Perfect Blue

And some recommendations not from your PTW:
Cyber City Oedo 808
Ginga Tetsudou no Yoru
Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku
JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Adventure
Manie-Manie: Meikyuu Monogatari
Robot Carnival
Feb 16, 2019 9:48 AM

Dec 2012
Hey, are there any staff members willing to recommend me one of their favorites?
Feb 16, 2019 9:58 AM

Jul 2014
@Bayek
Cross Game

(character limit)
Feb 16, 2019 10:52 AM

Dec 2015
Anyone have suggestions for these?

(Ad.08) Watch an anime with more than 2 episodes and 30 minutes or more each

(Ad.20) Watch an anime that contains the first three letters of your username (Z I L)
Feb 16, 2019 11:20 AM

Jan 2013
Zilluminate said:
Anyone have suggestions for these?

(Ad.08) Watch an anime with more than 2 episodes and 30 minutes or more each

(Ad.20) Watch an anime that contains the first three letters of your username (Z I L)
08)
Hellsing Ultimate
Katanagatari
Cyber City Oedo 808
Kubikiri Cycle: Aoiro Savant to Zaregototsukai
Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari
Giant Robo the Animation: Chikyuu ga Seishi Suru Hi
Kikoushi Enma

20)
Zombieland Saga
Tenkuu Danzai Skelter+Heaven, although I don't recommend it XD
Feb 16, 2019 12:16 PM
Dec 2018
Hi,

can the Black lagoon series be used for the following Ap. challanges?
1. Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese — has to be a real nationality; state the character and nationality; can't be half-Japanese
One of the main characters is Japanese, the others are not. e.g. Dutch - American, Revy - Chinese- American
1. Watch an anime that mainly takes place outside of Japan, but still on Earth — a real location on Earth; state the country; you can use this blog entry for ideas, but not everything listed is valid. If unsure ask in the discussion thread
The series take place mainly in Thailand, but Roanapur is a fictious place.

Thanks in advance!
Feb 16, 2019 1:28 PM

Jul 2014
@9bakeneko
Black Lagoon is valid for these items.
Feb 16, 2019 2:26 PM

Dec 2015
fuyuki said:
08)
Hellsing Ultimate

20)
Zombieland Saga

Thanks! I’ll try these out later.
Feb 16, 2019 2:32 PM

Dec 2012
mozgow said:
@Bayek
Cross Game

(character limit)
Already seen it, but after looking at your favorites I may be using Revolutionary Girl Utena for something else later on. Thanks.
Feb 16, 2019 3:36 PM

Feb 2008
Would Hataraku Maou-sama! count for "(N.17) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field"? It's a part-time job (although I think he gets promoted from part-time), but he does get paid. I'm not sure myself, so I'm asking just in case. (If so, what would be the profession?)
tumblr is shawoltae!
Feb 16, 2019 5:59 PM
King of Justice

Mar 2017
snovieanime210 said:
Would Hataraku Maou-sama! count for "(N.17) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field"? It's a part-time job (although I think he gets promoted from part-time), but he does get paid. I'm not sure myself, so I'm asking just in case. (If so, what would be the profession?)

By our current definition it's technically valid, so you're good to go on it. You could put 'part time fast food cashier' or something similar.
Feb 16, 2019 6:25 PM

Feb 2008
bigdud24 said:
snovieanime210 said:

By our current definition it's technically valid, so you're good to go on it. You could put 'part time fast food cashier' or something similar.

Thanks! I may end up using Yusa Emi (also a main) instead though, since I think that's an easier job to put a name to, haha.
tumblr is shawoltae!
Feb 16, 2019 10:57 PM

Dec 2018
For (N.17) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field, would Dino or any of the employees from Blend-S be valid? Dino's a manager, is that considered to be a professional in the field?
Feb 17, 2019 2:21 AM

Jul 2016
It says "Watch an anime" a lot. Does that just mean one episode?
Feb 17, 2019 3:15 AM

Jul 2014
jiro-kyoka said:
For (N.17) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field, would Dino or any of the employees from Blend-S be valid? Dino's a manager, is that considered to be a professional in the field?
He's getting paid for this, right? Then he is valid for this item.

SirCrimsonFox said:
It means any entry in MAL database.
Feb 17, 2019 4:08 AM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
SirCrimsonFox said:

As an addition to the reply above, it's not just one episode. You need to watch the full series for it to count.
Feb 17, 2019 8:14 AM

Oct 2014
I'm planning for Apprentice and I need some help for this entry:

(Ap.29) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

Only 1-cour or 2-cour series pls. Thanks <3
Feb 17, 2019 8:42 AM

Nov 2016
Could I get some suggestions for these items? Preferably no longer than 12 episodes/4 hours. Thanks~

(Ap. 21) Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese

(Ap. 22) Watch an anime that mainly takes place outside of Japan, but still on Earth
currently: doing my best!

Feb 17, 2019 9:14 AM

Jul 2016
Yuki-Chan276 said:
SirCrimsonFox said:

As an addition to the reply above, it's not just one episode. You need to watch the full series for it to count.

do you mean just one season of it?
Or the whole thing?
If the whole thing, that's just nuts.

some have 100s of episodes :(
Feb 17, 2019 9:18 AM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
SirCrimsonFox said:
Yuki-Chan276 said:

do you mean just one season of it?
Or the whole thing?
If the whole thing, that's just nuts.

some have 100s of episodes :(

Just one season. A particular entry in MAL's database.
Feb 17, 2019 9:42 AM

Jan 2017
[re-post]

Discord server released for challenge related stuff. Feel free to join.

LunyRem said:
@AWC_Mod & @SheyCroix Hello!

I am submitting my final batch of AWC banners just as I promised. I'm posting the codes first before the full banner preview.

Also, to @AWC_Mod & @SheyCroix , I have a small personal request as the creator of these banners. One of the image URLs for the banner is placed in its own line, at the top. That single banner should be placed alongside the banners of Ram and Rem, because I would like to see all the Re:Zero banners aligned at the top of the selection, please.

So if all banners are placed correctly, they should look like this in the banner selection:

I'm proud to say that I've finally completed all the banners! x) Please and thank you!

Alright! Noted. Will add them a bit later and update the code's link to that last post.
Thanks!
Feb 17, 2019 10:26 AM
Oct 2017
Is it ok if I add screenshots to some entries that don't require them? For example:
(Ap.07) Watch an anime by a studio with 3 to 30 anime in MAL's database- I added a screenshot because it is possible that this can change, also:
(Ad.05) Watch an anime without a Licensor listed- what exactly are licensors and can they be added?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (48) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What is your most re-watched anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 15

94 by SAbeerBOY »»
11 seconds ago

Poll: » Do you think girl on girl (yuri / GL / shoujo ai) is hot? ( 1 2 )

Bakchos - Aug 15, 2019

55 by LoveYourEyes »»
42 seconds ago

» Do women also enjoy Yuri?

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 16

36 by Rinrinka »»
1 minute ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9042 by 27CansOfTuna »»
3 minutes ago

» Have you tried to rewatch your old childhood anime shows as a more conscious anime fan?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

26 by RioAl »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.