Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 11, 2019 8:49 AM
Nov 2017
This episode felt like it came from Berserk manga! So good omg!
Feb 11, 2019 9:00 AM

May 2018
Hyakkimaru killing all the soldiers was really satisfying
Feb 11, 2019 9:04 AM

Nov 2017
Right in the feels, mio :(

Feb 11, 2019 9:06 AM
Apr 2016
Kame-nos said:
Even though today's episode was amazing, like every week, I didn't cry when Mio and the kids died. I think that's because Dororo and Hyakkimaru hadn't really build a proper relationship with them until now. It was too early for them to die.
Anyway, the animators prove once again how good they are at their job. Hyakkimaru's fights with the monster and the samurais was an absolute enjoyment for my eyes.
I am still curious with that will happen with Hyakkimaru's brother when they will meet, or at least that's what I think will happen. Also, I would like Biwamaru (the old man) to be a proper member of Hyakkimaru and Dororo's team, because it is just so annoying that he always leaves them behind.

From the whole Hyakkimaru's family I expect only the Tahomaru to survive. Due to the overall symbolism and the concept of the series - a highly religious medieval tale about evil humans. Hyakkimaru and Tahomaru are surely to clash once, but in the end Tahomaru would come to realize the whole picture of things and become a better lord than his father was. The mother would commit suicide finally fed up with the father and her second son, the father will face some ultimate battle where he falls, realizing how futile and foolish was the deal with the devil, and after all that Hyakkimaru would destroy the last remnants of the evil pact and himself perish, after making the world a slightly better place - something a huge ton of other people can't be proud of.
As for Biwamaru, him leaving the team in crucial moments is part of the concept - he is a monk, wandering the land and fighting the evil. He can not face other people, as he is only hunting the pure evil manifesting in demons. Him being there would not only make Hyakkimaru's rage seem less severe (if it happened at all), but also could create a conceptual rift between the supposed and actual character.
Re:formed
Feb 11, 2019 9:11 AM
Apr 2016
Sushantbro said:
Yasuhiro- said:
This episode is excellent. Although it is too sad and everything is way too fucked up, only this kind of way too tragic story suit me well as I can relate everything in it lol. I must score 9 to Dororo after all.
Don't rate it now it has a potential of a 10 rating. For me it's 9.5 now.

Everything has the potential to become a 10. Nothing has however reached such heights yet. Not in the known history of humanity. Everything else is just a subjectivity which can not be forced as a universal value.
shiro_kai said:
Lorian_Guisan said:
I saw a comment on masterani saying that Mio was abused before being killed, but was it really the case ?

Probably not cause as soon the soldier started to enter the vilage they also probably started to fight and set fire, but looking how injuried she was coming back from the camps she certainly was getting more assaulted than usual those last days.

Samurais at the camps did not exactly have comfortable beds to make do. While probably not a direct abuse, it was a sign of rough terrain I don't know why I had a laugh there.
Feb 11, 2019 9:15 AM
Nov 2016
OGAnime said:
In the manga, she was burned alive. God that would have been depressing x10

was it really necessary to spoil the manga for everyone who don't know?
why are you such an idiot. I really don't understand. no courtesy, no common sense, no brain.
Feb 11, 2019 9:20 AM
Apr 2016
Hokuto911 said:
OGAnime said:

why are you such an idiot. I really don't understand. no courtesy, no common sense, no brain.

The attacks are unjustified - people in this episode discussion are already supposed to have seen this episode, which covers the said content. Rather than attacking the user, you are supposed to thank him for providing some comparison you could reflect upon. The original source is also twice as old as you are, I assume, and it is not an exact adaptation, this is more of a refined story post-Osamu Tezuka. His "spoiler" would be a direct violation of the site terms of use if he spoiled something that was not yet covered by this particular animated series. Here, it is not.
P.S. You might want to see the 2017 film "Hokuto", and... well and then do the rest of your nickname.
Feb 11, 2019 9:45 AM
Jan 2018
Hokuto911 said:
OGAnime said:

How exactly is that a spoiler if the event of her dying already happened but in a different way. This is a discussion thread of that episode/event so if you checked it without even watching the episode and got spoiled, that’s your fault. No common sense and no brain, thank you for describing yourself
OGAnimeFeb 11, 2019 10:15 AM
Feb 11, 2019 9:55 AM

Apr 2017
the slaughter was unexpected but once it was revealed she was doing business with both sides of the war, that was a big red flag right there.

oh man...his first words were mio. that hurt like a bitch, i was really hoping to see more between those two. once hyakkimaru found out they were the ones who killed her and he went berserk, that was fucking epic.

really loving this story more than i thought i would.
Feb 11, 2019 10:00 AM
Apr 2016
OGAnime said:
Hokuto911 said:

Are you an idiot or are you an idiot? How exactly is that a spoiler if the event of her dying already happened but in a different way. This is a discussion thread of that episode/event so if you checked it without even watching the episode and got spoiled, that’s your fault. No common sense and no brain, thank you for describing yourself

No need to returning him his own words. Be a better user and since you know you are in the right and you don't have to fall to the level of insulting him in turn.
Feb 11, 2019 10:00 AM
Oct 2018
TBH with the state their world is in hyakimaruu butchering everyone isn't such a bad thing.
Feb 11, 2019 10:01 AM
Feb 2019
It's so sad for me. I just wish Mio could live a little bit longer T-T.
Anyway, It was a Great Episode. I love when Hyakkimaru draw the first blood on human
Feb 11, 2019 10:04 AM

Apr 2013
_MushiRock11_ said:
Esquirtit said:
@_MushiRock11_ last episode hyakkimaru gained his voice back by defeating the demon but I think it survived because it bit his leg off, this time he killed him and got his leg back. so the demon had his voice at first but traded it with hyakkimarus leg

Oh, that’s an interesting way to look at things.
But I don’t think it’d explain why he was able to retain both of these features after defeating the demon, right?

What do you mean? It makes perfect sense. He had a leg but no voice, defeating a demon brings back a part of him. At first the demon traded the voice for a leg, so now he had a voice but no leg. He defeats the demon, regaining the leg.
Feb 11, 2019 10:08 AM
Jul 2018
I knew this episode would be tragic but they added more depth compare to original that made this another step of tragic. So much to say about this episode but one thing I didn't like why they aren't putting soundtracks during those strong moments. It could add more tense.
Feb 11, 2019 10:13 AM

Jan 2016
RIP Mio :(
Watch this episode at midnight
Now i can't sleep
Feb 11, 2019 10:17 AM
Apr 2016
SirAbblot said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

But I don’t think it’d explain why he was able to retain both of these features after defeating the demon, right?

What do you mean? It makes perfect sense. He had a leg but no voice, defeating a demon brings back a part of him. At first the demon traded the voice for a leg, so now he had a voice but no leg. He defeats the demon, regaining the leg.

The problem is there was no crystal clear distinction, he did not defeat the demon, but got his voice back, losing a leg as well.
Feb 11, 2019 10:24 AM

Mar 2014
Lululand said:
I don't know about you guys, but I am in love with this anime.

Me too. I'm just so... wonderstruck, I don't know. This anime feels so special.
Feb 11, 2019 10:30 AM

Jul 2015
Damn. Hyakkimaru really had to endure some serious and tragic shit.

First thing he heard was girl crying over the corpse of her dead brother.
First thing he said was cry of pain.
And now, the first thing he saw...

Feb 11, 2019 10:38 AM

Jan 2015
Jesus fucking Christ...
Feb 11, 2019 10:39 AM

Feb 2016
Wow, that slaughter was 10/10 material. Has been a while since I've seen such a rage scene.

I'm sad, fuck those soldiers ;_;

Piromysl said:
Damn. Hyakkimaru really had to endure some serious and tragic shit.

First thing he heard was girl crying over the corpse of her dead brother.
First thing he said was cry of pain.
And now, the first thing he saw...

Eh, he hasn't recovered his sight yet. If that's what you mean
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 11, 2019 10:47 AM

Oct 2014
Damn... what an episode. Sad, beautiful and intense ;_; it's been a while since an anime made me feel so engaged and even brought me on the verge of tears... OOF.
Feb 11, 2019 10:47 AM

Dec 2016
Another top tier episode, holy fuck that action scene was nice
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 11, 2019 10:48 AM

Mar 2016
Hyakkimaru was really cute this episode. Despite his size, he was being taken of by a little girl and a small boy. The way Dororo shoved food into Hyakki's mouth was adorable.

Mio had bruises all over her body. Her "customers" must be quite violent.

That one kid who gave everyone a death-flag by talking about their dream to a main character!

Hyakkimaru's leg is back. I thought he'd killed that monster last episode and got his voice in return, while paying for it with his leg.

I liked Mio and the kids. So sad they died. They were really nice people.

Hyakki slayed those people. I wasn't expecting him to do it the way he did. Didn't like that Dororo stopped him, but I can understand why he did.

Are those murderers from Hyakki's father's place? If so, the lone survivor looks like he'll cause some great complications.
Feb 11, 2019 10:48 AM

Dec 2014
oh that left me really sad..... they did not deserve to die
Feb 11, 2019 10:56 AM
Jan 2018
Godammit. it was really sad to watch, I mean that it was so inexpected. I just couldn't bellieve that she died :(
Feb 11, 2019 11:01 AM

Aug 2018
Well, I knew this was going to have a dramatic ending. Sooner or later Mio was going to die of fatigue and sickness, although deep down I wanted her to have a happy ending and not this one.

Dororo had to let Aniki kill that bastard. I'm sure he'll show up later for revenge.
Feb 11, 2019 11:09 AM

Dec 2017
well shit, that's to be expected when you're visiting both rivaling camps. eventually, that was bound to happen. still confused how she could move so easily between the camps while they said that they kill anyone considering them a spy

anyways, that berserk scene was quite nice tho
Feb 11, 2019 11:12 AM

Oct 2015
Phenomenal episode. That fight scene and those feels were so strong.
Feb 11, 2019 11:22 AM
Nov 2018
Rest in peace Mio, you will be missed
Feb 11, 2019 11:25 AM

Mar 2014
Knew it was going to end badly, still really hard to watch
Feb 11, 2019 11:26 AM

Mar 2018
I haven’t seen this many dead kids since the lost children arc.
Feb 11, 2019 11:30 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Brutal, terrible and so unfair. The slaughter of those poor children was something I did not see coming. I was shocked at the graphic nature of it too.

This show is so well done. Im not familiar with the source material, but I can already tell that its heading to a brutal encounter with his family.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 11, 2019 11:40 AM

Jul 2015
well it was ok tho
hyakkimaru first words were mio huh
dororo kind of growing in my eyes i thought he will be just as annoying as he was

Well...
Feb 11, 2019 11:41 AM

Mar 2014
I kinda knew they gonna be killed off from the story but still this is so tragic. I felt very sorry for Mio and the other war orphans...
Feb 11, 2019 11:44 AM

Mar 2015
_MushiRock11_ said:
Esquirtit said:
@_MushiRock11_ last episode hyakkimaru gained his voice back by defeating the demon but I think it survived because it bit his leg off, this time he killed him and got his leg back. so the demon had his voice at first but traded it with hyakkimarus leg

A statue did not break last episode so he did not kill the demon. the demon but his leg and hyaki did not finish it. he got his voice back cause the demon took his leg instead. so when he killed the demon he got his leg back and his voice stayed
Feb 11, 2019 11:46 AM
Feb 2019
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster ."

We finally saw Hyakkimaru losing his calm and unleashing the beast within, whether this side of his will emerge again is yet to be seen.

It's sad to see Mio die but I'm glad the annoying brats died. I also think that Hyakkimaru's father, and maybe his mother, will learn that he is still alive due to the samurai escaped at the end.

The animation quality in this episode felt a bit uneven for me, looking worse at times .
ananizkimFeb 11, 2019 12:10 PM
Feb 11, 2019 11:48 AM
Jan 2016
It was really sad to watch, it ended in a tragic way! Honestly, it was painfull to watch!

R.I.P Mio and other kids! :(

I knew she working in both sides will end up like that!

Hyakkimaru managed to kill the demon, Hyakkimaru going berserk against those soldier was so satisfying, animation was also awesome!

Hyakkmaru first word was Mio, it touched me!
Feb 11, 2019 11:49 AM
Jan 2019
AMAZIIIIN EPISOOODE 😢😢😢😢
The last battle was " EXTRAORDINARY"..
This anime is going the very right path
Gogogo
Feb 11, 2019 12:01 PM

Jul 2014
This is one of the few grimdark anime where the bleakness feels completely natural and doesn't come across as juvenile shock value. Anime studios and authors should take note...
Feb 11, 2019 12:06 PM
Jan 2016
i knew Mio's gonna die from the end of episode 5. but still i had some hope for her well being.
i guess there is no girl who's gonna enter in hyakkimaru's life anymore.

he did one mistake by leaving that fat fucker alive.
Feb 11, 2019 12:07 PM
Nov 2018
Who cut the onions
Feb 11, 2019 12:10 PM
Nov 2018
I personally think he shouldn't have gotten his leg back. It makes it look like anything is possible which kind of defeats the purpose of a tragedy? An amazing episode nonetheless.
Feb 11, 2019 12:12 PM
Feb 2019
Zamamama said:
I personally think he shouldn't have gotten his leg back. It makes it look like anything is possible which kind of defeats the purpose of a tragedy? An amazing episode nonetheless.

Instead of flooding you can edit your previous post.
Feb 11, 2019 12:23 PM

Jun 2017
Should i choose the animation extravaganza of Mob Psycho 100?
Should i choose the Thriller and the Horror of The Promised NeverLand?
Should i choose The Comedy and Visuals of Love is War?
Should i choose a Shield Boy and his Racoon?

Or maybe have i just been struck by a series that mixes beautiful pieces of storytelling,symbolism and a great atmosphere of "quiet and relaxing suffering"?
DoRoRo continues to be good and continues to surprise
AwesomeAlfie27 approves
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Feb 11, 2019 12:30 PM

Sep 2011
I can't say that I didn't see it coming, but it still hurts.

I was so relieved when Dororo didn't judge or expose Mio after what he saw. Instead he joined the pieces and understood her fight. He knew she did it in order to survive, and protect the other kids. She said she wasn't ashamed of her work, but she didn't want Hyakkimaru to look at her soul because she thought it was "filthy", if only he could have told her just how white it was.

Dororo also finally talked a bit about his mother, like she would do anything but what Mio is doing, which ended up with her death. Maybe for malnutrition, I don't know. So like Mio said: she was admirable, but like Dororo said: so was Mio for staying alive. Their talk was so meaningful, just like her dream of having a rice paddy with the kids. It makes it all the more hard to accept the way things ended. Dororo said she "didn't lose," and that's how he stopped Hyakkimaru's rampage. But how I wish things were different.

Those soldiers killing those mutilated, defenseless children like it was nothing, it's so infuriating. It's also like they took pleasure in doing it, and I do hope that the guy who survived won't bring trouble to Hyakkimaru and Dororo later on; and I do understand why Dororo stopped Hyakkimaru, but it's so frustrating. War took everything they had, but they still lived on, fighting for a better life. Yet, now, war took even their lives and their chances of having a better future.
FayrinFeb 12, 2019 3:09 AM
Feb 11, 2019 12:32 PM
Apr 2016
ananizkim said:
Zamamama said:

Instead of flooding you can edit your previous post.

I rarely edit when replying to multiple users. Is there a strict written rule against multiple commentaries even though they have different content?
Feb 11, 2019 12:41 PM

Feb 2015
This anime is something else. This episode in particular was powerful and sad. I don't usually like dark shows but this has be hooked. Very touching that Hyakkimaru first word was Mio.
Feb 11, 2019 12:52 PM

Feb 2018
MIO NOOOOOO! She was my favorite ;_; Rest in peace, sweet Mio. I'm not even ashamed to say I'm still kind of crying as I'm typing this.

So needless to say, this was a tragic and brutal episode. I still didn't want to believe she was dead, but it truly hit me when they showed the graves then the credits rolled.

Hyakkimaru's berserk moment was exciting and very well animated, but damn what a mix of emotions that scene makes you feel. His visceral screams really gave me chills. His first word was Mio, a beautiful yet tragic beginning to the use of his reclaimed voice.

I can't believe they murdered the children as well, how awful. I should probably stop watching this at work..

The episode felt very quickly paced but I liked the things they threw in like the villagers plight and the scene with Hyakkimaru's brother (I forget his name). Especially Mio's dream of having her own rice field. It really went far to build the world more, and it made that scene at the end hit that much harder. I really thought they'd at least be able to save Mio...

I am confused as to how Hyakkimaru got his voice back if he didn't actually kill the demon in the first part. Then he killed it and it gave back his leg that it ate and he still got to keep his voice? I'm just not sure how exactly this body reclaiming thing works, but I don't need to if it's a spoiler.

I hope they're able to carry out Mio's dream...

Overall my favorite but the saddest episode so far. 10/10 will definitely watch again.
Feb 11, 2019 12:55 PM

Mar 2016
This episode was.....just on another level of depression.
Feb 11, 2019 1:00 PM
Jul 2017
A very sad episode, best so far in my opinion
Honestly it hurts me more to see her "work" than to die

OGAnime said:

Oh God... luckily they gave her a quick death this time, but it's still so depressing
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is Dororo a boy or a girl ? ( 1 2 )

JanPri - Jan 15, 2019

80 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:39 AM

» Possible reason for such ending

Raajdeep - Oct 21, 2023

24 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2019

204 by Shadowwolf21 »»
Apr 7, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

108 by Bubblarz »»
Mar 31, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2019

442 by Flomik »»
Mar 25, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.