Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 2, 2018 9:30 PM

Oct 2008
Another badass episode!
This time, its about Saki's and her biker gang antics!
Legendary Yamada Tae is hilarious once again!
police guard is back again! lolz but easily provoked!
So now we know how Saki died huh...from a duel on a bike to the cliff! damn!
Saki walking towards you behind the flames was like Sephiroth in hell! that was awesome!
5/5.

Dec 3, 2018 3:10 AM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
I honestly think I'm one of the few people who doesn't like Koutarou. He definitely is an interesting character, but he gets on my nerves a lot. The show does have a lot of flaws besides his personality, but he irks me the most honestly - even the CGI sometimes beats him.
Dec 3, 2018 3:13 AM
Oct 2018
Last couple of episodes have been awesome and i thinks this was one of my fav. Episode so far!
Dec 3, 2018 1:47 PM

Mar 2016
I love where this anime goes... Its not your typical idol anime !!

Dec 3, 2018 8:40 PM

Sep 2009
Two eps without that shitty crap CGI, and the songs have been getting better, I still don't like Koutaro, he's so fucken annoying ffs.
I'm watching this show because I've nothing else to do, but last 2 eps were nice, so I'm gonna keep watching.
Dec 3, 2018 8:54 PM

Dec 2012
Antanaru said:
caio_brb said:

You just have shit taste
You should hide your list before you talk crap to others, dipshit.

You do have shit taste, autismo-san mc. cuck.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Dec 4, 2018 2:45 AM

Mar 2017
should've sang SELF CONTROL, CRASH MIND, or DROPOUT tbh...

also after all the controversy, Lily ain't cute anymore. a bit annoying actually
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Dec 4, 2018 10:40 AM
Jul 2016
Here's something I've been thinking about for a while.
So the show has been alluding that Sakura's memories are important, so that might be very interesting to see why.
But more importantly, why is Sakura a part the group at all? She isn't a famous person or anything legendary (that we know of). She never got to send in her audition papers (she died holding them), so that's not where Tatsumi got his information about her from.

So, why Sakura?
Maybe Tatsumi knew Sakura when she was alive, heck maybe they were friends or classmates since he seems to be around 20-30 years, putting him around the age of Sakura when she was alive.

And to add to the theory maybe this means she was the reason he did resurrect them, so she could achive her dream?

Or he thought she would make a good member because of it.
Dec 5, 2018 7:56 AM

Mar 2017
Wow that was a great episode. Saki's backstory was pretty good and touching.
Dec 5, 2018 9:49 AM

Aug 2008
Infatuate said:
Antanaru said:
You should hide your list before you talk crap to others, dipshit.

You need to translate that diarrhoea of letters, I don't speak retard, weeb or whatever slang you're using. Or even better, not talk crap like that dipshit earlier.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Dec 5, 2018 1:51 PM

Dec 2012
Antanaru said:
Infatuate said:

You need to translate that diarrhoea of letters, I don't speak retard, weeb or whatever slang you're using. Or even better, not talk crap like that dipshit earlier.

"I don't speak weeb"

Fucking retard has a signature in japanese.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Dec 5, 2018 8:34 PM

Dec 2016
Pretty awesome episode focusing on Saki, her sheer badassness only grows by the day
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 6, 2018 12:38 PM

Aug 2016
Valravnn said:
Loved the episode.. Voted 4/5.. But that's becoz I have high expectations for the anime :)
That concert at the end was awesome - better than the others the girls have previously staged; I would be grateful if someone could help me with the details of that song :)

Great song, i would love to get the details too !!
Dec 8, 2018 10:56 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode! Nice to see Saki's backstory, but it was kinda predictable. Still it makes sense since she is part of a biker gang.

Still, it was crazy how Saki is willing to go for her gang. Guess Reiko remembered how Saki died and doesn't want her daughter Maria ended up like that.

I still don't get how Maria becoming so obsess with the gang thing. Was it because she eventually learned about her mother's past and now she looks so weak?

Anyways, Can't wait for Yuugiri's backstory ^^
Dec 13, 2018 6:26 PM

Mar 2009
Badass mama. And Saki is so cool. Best decision the show ever made was to focus on each girl individually. The episodes have been packing an emotional punch lately.
Dec 15, 2018 8:48 PM

Sep 2011
I'm not one to throw out objectivity or anything, but objectively saki is best girl.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 24, 2018 11:39 AM

Dec 2018
I'm enjoying the character development lately, but it makes me wonder how the season is going to close out. Would like to know how they became zombies by the end of the season.
Jan 4, 2019 6:53 PM

Feb 2014
Am I the only one wondering how they can't recognize who are the zombie girls? Even the closest friends at the time and ones own daughter they can't recognize.

TechOtakuJan 4, 2019 6:58 PM
Jan 4, 2019 10:25 PM

Jan 2017
Vi- said:
Am I the only one wondering how they can't recognize who are the zombie girls? Even the closest friends at the time and ones own daughter they can't recognize.

The mother realized Saki is the same one from her childhood, but Saki was the one who did not recognize herself intentionally or not. The exchange of dialogue occurred before the start of the motorcycle race between Maria and the other female rival.

Mother: "Saki..."
Saki: "Saki?"

@ Topic
The ending was corny as the situation went from a serious street war to a musical piece without a definite end from the former to a definite start for the latter. Could have there been a time transition between the motorcycle race and the idol show would have lessened the awkwardness.
Jan 6, 2019 5:41 PM

Jun 2015
these backstory episodes have been great, and i gotta say, saki best girl
Jan 7, 2019 4:26 AM

May 2009
The best part of this episode was Koutarou "Music. Come on".
I really liked this episode. Interesting from beginning to end.
The moment they went from serious talk to singing was a bit strange, but the performance was my overall favorite so far.

...I am still confused as to why I am liking an idol anime. lol

check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Jan 13, 2019 1:36 AM
Dec 2017
This episode is my favorite. It had me way more interested than any other episode so far. Plus, I really like Saki's vocals, especially as the main singer.
Jan 17, 2019 4:22 PM

May 2012
Well that was really lovely again actually, really like these episode that focus on a specific character and explain some backstory from their past, how they tied and how they tie into the current world and their connections!

Really lovely if you ask me, looking forwards to see what's next!
Feb 1, 2019 10:34 AM

May 2016
Great Episode. Pretty interesting storytelling on Maria though.Saki's was handled well.

Also thought the episode was kinda emotional even with the humor.

Now all that's left is Tae and Yugiri's.
Feb 26, 2019 3:37 PM

Apr 2012
Yes, YES, finally the full bousouzoku episode I've been waiting for.

Also those old people put out a pretty good Kashima dance.
Mar 30, 2019 2:13 PM

Sep 2008

The best song in whole series!
Mar 31, 2019 1:00 AM

May 2013
The elders' dance killed me xD so Asian hahahah

Saki is so kewlllllll :D
Ep didn't disappoint.

Her smile at the end is so precious. We must protect it at all costs TT____TT
Love her.

Her bestie Reiko is pretty cool too and a gr8 mother once Maria learns to appreciate it.
I wish she grabbed the Tamagotchi tho LOLOL. Sweet how she kept it for Saki all this time.

The idol outfits for Saki's song is badass affffffff
Mar 31, 2019 1:58 PM

Oct 2017
Between the elders being invigorated for the dance and Saki's backstory, I greatly enjoyed this episode. I also loved the new song.
Apr 17, 2019 9:41 PM
Dec 2018
This episode was really awesome! Seriously, at the beginning of this anime, I didn't believe it could be more than just a crazy and weird series...

But now I love the fact we know more and more about each member and hey, Saki is so badass and cool. (And her death was something like "Yeah, this is so Saki-like!")

Also, I love that small story of Maria and how it all turned out.

And now one of the best screenshots comes:

Apr 29, 2019 4:16 AM

Nov 2013
Wow, Reiko is too hot.
May 6, 2019 10:31 AM
Nov 2010
Yoshithehero said:

I also checked the dubbed version, but only a few samples. I'd say it's pretty average. I'm aware of that dub is the option for some people and as much as i like Funimation's dubs, this doesn't work. It just doesn't. The only thing i like is how they didn't dub any of the live songs. That includes the rapping. Thank god, because it just wouldn't work.

Having now fully watched it in both formats, I think they did a good job during the SimulDub. I feel like Sakura comes off *slightly* more bubbly than she does in the original, but I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing.

There's no way *anyone* could match that Japanese VA for Tatsumi, but I think the English VA puts in one hell of an effort. Taken on its own, it's a pretty damn great performance... It's only in comparison to the original's 125% amazingness that it falls at all short.
May 18, 2019 12:27 AM
Oct 2016
Etceteral said:
Yoshithehero said:

I also checked the dubbed version, but only a few samples. I'd say it's pretty average. I'm aware of that dub is the option for some people and as much as i like Funimation's dubs, this doesn't work. It just doesn't. The only thing i like is how they didn't dub any of the live songs. That includes the rapping. Thank god, because it just wouldn't work.

Having now fully watched it in both formats, I think they did a good job during the SimulDub. I feel like Sakura comes off *slightly* more bubbly than she does in the original, but I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing.

There's no way *anyone* could match that Japanese VA for Tatsumi, but I think the English VA puts in one hell of an effort. Taken on its own, it's a pretty damn great performance... It's only in comparison to the original's 125% amazingness that it falls at all short.

Looking back at my original post, i might've been little too hard for that dub. I might say Sakura sounds good enough, but there might be times when it's not so good. As for Tatsumi, it's, like you said, impossible to anyone to match that voice, so i'm not going to critize it or anything. Maybe someday i'll watch it completely dubbed and it'll change my opinion. Until then, i'll say it's good.
Jul 18, 2019 8:18 AM

Mar 2019
Bruh,every episode delivers such a emotional story.I'm so happy to see those two together!
I gotta say,those old bikes,are not to be playe with.Badass!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 18, 2019 3:21 PM

Apr 2013
Maria didn't stand a chance against Tae at all lol

I'm surprised the other biker gang dared to challenge Saki when their introduction was with Saki having a broken neck
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Mar 21, 2020 1:48 AM

Oct 2009
Surprised to find Saki being pretty cool in this episode. & i really like her hairstyle at the end. lel~
Mar 28, 2020 12:10 PM

Nov 2019
Would it be hilarious if Misa is the daughter of the previous biker gang leader of Korosuke biker gang. The one with the ridiculous bird hair.
LaytonPuzzle27Mar 28, 2020 2:58 PM
Apr 4, 2020 9:38 AM

Feb 2019
Saki is such a badass, and that performance is unexpected lol.

Reika-san has a glory past, together with Saki. Bittersweet feeling when she decided to drop that dangerous bike gang path and pursue a normal family.

Animation and music is so good, movements are very fluid in parts like the 3 gangster girls entrance, very cool and badass.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Apr 4, 2020 8:55 PM

Oct 2019
Saki is probably my favourite character in this series. I love me some hot tomboy bikers.
Apr 14, 2020 7:14 PM

Feb 2020
this is no doubt my favorite episode. Saki is the best!! Although it was kind of side when she said," who is Saki?" I wanted to see everyone's reaction or something, idk.

Kyoto Animation rocks
Jul 15, 2020 12:37 AM

Apr 2020
This was a great episode. Saki best girl ftw
Oct 31, 2020 2:23 PM

Oct 2013
wtf where did the crowd come from

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 6, 2021 10:33 AM

Mar 2013
NanaPirro said:
RobertBobert said:

Well, on the one hand, it is enough for me that they devoted a good episode to my beloved Saki and introduced the otokonoko character, but on the other hand, I’m pretty disappointed that Tae's jokes and popularity seem to be becoming a formality.

However, I like the fan theory that Tae is somehow related to Kotaro and is one of the reasons that the plot happened.

for the moment, we have no idea how 7 girl came back to life , especially that 6 have a human behavior 5 have all the memories of their life and 1 amnesic and 1 more or less unmanageable behavior

Well Tae can at least understand the others, as evidenced when she tried (albeit badly) to lie about stealing Lily's fried squid.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Apr 7, 2021 6:27 AM

Jun 2019
Got to know Saki's past this time. Pretty good episode.
Apr 8, 2021 11:10 PM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode! I love the rock track that plays everytime biker shit starts happening lmao.

Saki is a badass as always and her song was pretty great, that was my jam.
May 3, 2021 2:16 AM

Aug 2018
SAKI!! <3!!!!
This episode is great, and the song is awesome!!!!
Jun 20, 2021 7:17 AM

Feb 2020
Saki's backstory. It was also pretty emotional, just like Lily's.
Jun 25, 2021 2:37 PM
Aug 2020
Episodes like this make me wonder why Koutaro didn’t at least dye their hair 😭Saki’s friend and Lily’s dad must think they’re going crazy seeing carbon copys of important people in their life just being idols. Also seeing the transphobic comments in this forum referring to Lily as her deadname makes my skin itch. At least most of them are from 2018 so hopefully those people have either learned better or just left this fandom all together.
Jul 12, 2021 6:35 AM

May 2020
Saki is such a nice char, this group can save lives
Oct 21, 2021 5:58 PM
Oct 2020
this episode was beautiful

showed how amazing and perfect saki is

the final song was amazing and deserves congratulations

I believe that maria will return the way she observed saki (which reminded me a lot of sakura in the first episode) maybe as a background character

in addition to the story of saki, showing how she died and so on.

and this came to marry the best scene in the ep, which is her falling on her motorcycle on the percipice and coming back like a fall on the street lol

I'm finally going to watch the next episode soon
Dec 25, 2021 7:53 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah, bruh, the title of these episode unexpectedly so freakin long. But Saki's story wasn't really that long to pass through, and unexpectedly can be solved in the idol way! Well, even though she needs to put such a performance to those gangsta. But the idol performance of her as the center really looking so good. That's it all, Saki gangsta theme spotlight for ya!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2018

293 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2018

138 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2018

117 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2018

378 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2018

171 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 11:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.