Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 19, 2018 8:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, Ann in that "love" outfit.

Looks like the episode continues to build on to with Yusuke's involvement with the story. I got some mixed feelings about his character so far in the series bt the peculiar storytelling has me interested. Madarame's shadow form is pretty creepy imo.

I have to admit though, his palace is quite a work of art.
May 19, 2018 8:56 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
We get a bit of palace exploring to start off the episode. However, there's a blocked off path that must be opened, and it seems like its a representation of an actual place in Madarame's place. If that place is opened in his house, that path will be accessible in the palace.

Lol, Ohya was shown in this episode for a bit. Surprisingly, she was more entertaining here than in the actual game. LMAO, Ann wearing multiple layers of clothing, just to stall time. Lol at Ryuji telling Ann that she'll have to do the nude portrait. And that music cut-of too, lol. I love how normal Yusuke is in this situation. And Ann's voice acting too is spot-on.

But we get to see that there's a bunch of Sayuri copies in the locked room. Yusuke couldn't get any info out of Madarame, but he found out quite a lot from the cognitive Madarame. That really made Yusuke lose any remaining respect he had for Madarame left.

Man, Yusuke and Madarame's conversation in the anime made me pity Yusuke more than I did in the game. And his awakening was really cool too. Even him using his bufu skills were well-handled. And now we have a fifth member part of the Phantom Thieves!

After ED scene in the Velvet Room.

With this arc going on for another episode, it seems like this series is taking a pacing of 4 episodes per palace. But if they keep this up, this anime can only cover up to the sixth palace (which would be a good season-ender). I wonder if they're planning on having a 12 episode second season, a movie sequel, or some OVAs, and let this season keep consistent with this pace. Or are the gonna rush through the second half?
GoldenDevilGamerMay 19, 2018 9:02 AM
May 19, 2018 8:59 AM

Nov 2007
Cannot open the gate, so the girl have to do nude model to lure the old man out.

In real life, they found the room...

The guy got involved and entered another world. He met the old man's desire ver. He looks like Ken Shimura...

The illustration that "went missing" is fake, for a purpose for money.

His persona awakened. Kabuki form? They stopped him before killing him. He joined. lol @ the code name. Ah, well, later was a bit later yet simple.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 19, 2018 9:14 AM
May 2016
Yusuke's Persona name pretty cool.
Also... I hate that old man who makes Yusuke like his own slave xD
May 19, 2018 10:30 AM

Apr 2016
Faithfull nude adaptation ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 19, 2018 10:42 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Madarame's exploiting his pupils to just earn money. The greed old man. :|
Hah, That Ann scene with all her clothes and the way she undressed always cracks me up.

They changed Yusuke's awakening a bit, they missed this one awesome chuckle he does before going into the awakening phase plus there's also the fact that he wasn't actually held by the guards. That said, making Madarame slap Yusuke and having him tear definitely make his awakening a little more emotional. That said, Yusuke's awakening is my 2nd favorite awakening because of how cool it was and i think they lost a little bit of that coolness by not having that glorious chuckle. Nevertheless they did it pretty well. Can't wait for the my favorite awakening which is the next one.

Yusuke officially joins the Phantom Thieves. The part where he completely trolls Morgana is hilarious. :D

Post credit scene shows us securing the infiltration route and also a little Velvet Room scene. I guess next episode is just gonna be the fight against Madarame.
May 19, 2018 10:45 AM

Jan 2018
New persona his mask appearing from his bloody hand it was intense until I his outfit
Ooh hot striping action from Ann
May 19, 2018 11:02 AM

Nov 2016
Anns outfit was definitely worth a laugh.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 19, 2018 11:06 AM

Jul 2012
Good episode, Yusuke's awakening was well handled, but thought that his outfit looked different. Still funny to see Morgana casually picking the lock =/
May 19, 2018 11:37 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A journalist huh but i guess someone like Madarame will be interesting to her. Thats a lot of layers that Ann is wearing though. A cat trying to lock pick though was hillarious to see. Quite the close shave Ann had though but at least they managed to get in to the storeroom. Thats certainly a lot of copies of Sayuri though. Man Madarame's shadow sure has poor taste in attire. Man i feel for Yusuke being seen as a cash cow by his own teacher. Yusuke's awakening and first actions was really impressive. With Yusuke now joining their ranks their power has improved but Madarame's palace will be a tough one to crack.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2018 11:37 AM

Jul 2017
Solid episode. The whole nude stuff was funny and everything progressed fine here. Although the animation did look more stiff than ever.
May 19, 2018 11:43 AM

Jul 2015
Really enjoyable episode.

The most funny part was Anne with all her clothes on.

And welcome Yusuke to the group.

May 19, 2018 11:44 AM

Jun 2014
Lol at that nude scene, that was pretty funny. Now Yusuke has officially joined the Phantom Thieves, and the next episode should be fun to watch as they look to take down Madarame.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 19, 2018 11:56 AM

Nov 2016
Lmao the plan to unlock the door, poor Ann. That outfit was hilarious.

A lot of more information about Madarame's true nature, he is really obsessed with money and fame. His pupil didn't want to believe that, but in the end he awakened his Persona. He is very powerful! The action was average.

With the help of Yusuke joining the Phantom Thieves, things will cleary become easier. That ending with Egor, very interesting.
May 19, 2018 1:09 PM

Mar 2013
I loved ann in this episode her dedication to plan was worthy of praise especially adding on all those clothes. not a fan of the boss theme playing when there isn't even a boss fight. I wanted to know more from igor also I'm actually ok with how they did the whole visiting igor.
May 19, 2018 1:27 PM

Mar 2012
the only man who says "true art" and make me stan him, i love you yusuke

i don't love the animation in this episode though
May 19, 2018 1:31 PM

Sep 2011
It's always great to see Yusuke becoming part of the gang. His emotional baggage is heavy just like our other phantom thieves... But, I love that bit:

"By the way, what is this?"
"A cat."
"But it's talking."

I mean, he questions it, but he's still serene about it. lol Yusuke is a treasure.
May 19, 2018 2:03 PM
Jun 2015
Wow Madarame is a BIG ASS piece of shit.I really hate him for treating Yusuke like that. Cant wait till they kick his ass.😡
May 19, 2018 2:32 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ann wearing the 2o layers of clothing to stall was pretty damn funny. I thought she was all looks, but she actually brings a lot of comedy into this story. Quite a change from the first couple of chapters.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 19, 2018 2:58 PM

Oct 2011
Yusuke transformation Amazing
May 19, 2018 3:44 PM

Dec 2016
Madarame is a very despicable man! Making his people work only to achieve his own selfish desire. I feel bad for Yusuke and the other victims for falling into Madarame's evil hands :(

Also, Yusuke's awakening is amazing *-* very cool outfit <3

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
May 19, 2018 5:21 PM

May 2015
Ann & her mountain of clothes was hilarious AF!
May 19, 2018 6:27 PM
Jul 2018
The pacing is WAY TOO FAST, in my honest opinion.

Anyway, loved the "Anne-has-to-take-off-her-mountain-of-clothes" scene. It was almost as funny as when it happened in the game.

Especially loved Yusuke's Awakening, and his Phantom name. ♥

Also, can't forget Ren saying "It's for justice...probably" when they were making the plan to open the door. It caused me to crack a smile.

Anyway, can't wait to see what happens next - even with the pacing that's going on.
May 19, 2018 6:30 PM
May 2010
GoldenDevilGamer said:

With this arc going on for another episode, it seems like this series is taking a pacing of 4 episodes per palace. But if they keep this up, this anime can only cover up to the sixth palace (which would be a good season-ender). I wonder if they're planning on having a 12 episode second season, a movie sequel, or some OVAs, and let this season keep consistent with this pace. Or are the gonna rush through the second half?

Wondering the same, but this last arc is only 2 episodes at the moment, so I think they will only use 3 per arc, leaving us with 3 episodes for the ending. Still I consider 3 eps is too short for the ending part, so I'm wondering if they are going to rush or do some other season or maybe OVAs.
May 19, 2018 8:23 PM

Jan 2011
solid episode shit goes real quick when you cut out 90% of the time spent in the dungeons grinding etc /doing daily activities hopefully they start showing some of those to mix it up.

was wondering how they'd do Ann's undressing as goof as it is.
May 19, 2018 9:10 PM

Jan 2013
with the pace its going...im gonna be sooo mad when they get to the bank dungeon and they breeze by it considering that was the longest and to me most frustrating dungeon. then again dungeons arent the main focused of all these Persona adaptations so its fine

the one scene i was looking forward to (big clothes Ann), was left kinda disappointed...they captured it decently, but felt kinda lifeless at the same time
May 20, 2018 12:13 AM
Nov 2017
Was waiting for Ann to say, "umm... I can't move in all this." Oh, well.

Still funny. :)
May 20, 2018 1:57 AM

Dec 2012
Yet another episode without pancake boy unfortunately, but we got plenty of actual best boy Yusuke moments instead

gorgeous boy
May 20, 2018 4:08 AM

May 2015
The jumping in an out of paintings reminds me of the French movie Le tableau.
May 20, 2018 4:36 AM

Jan 2015
This episode reminded me a lot of the classic Doctor Who story, 'City of Death'... Wherein it's dealing with fakes of the Mona Lisa being sold off, after an attempt to steal the original. But, with aliens and time travel, etc.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
May 20, 2018 5:15 AM

Feb 2014
Ann's stuffed outfit was as funny here and it was when I played through the game. Throwing that bra across Yusuke's line of sight was amusing. =)

The pacing was still fast, but it still did a good job in adapting the main scenes. Yusuke's awakening part was nicely done, too, since his persona is one of my favourites design-wise and CloverWorks did a good job with Goemon's look.

I still think that Abura-age is such a cool nickname for Yusuke, but Fox is the unanimous choice. Either way, the next episode should have this arc wrapped up, so I hope CloverWorks doesn't screw it up.
May 20, 2018 5:17 AM
Jun 2017
Yusuke has just open his eyes in the reality that madarame is just all about money and thats it...

The phantom (of thieves) are growing in numbers... well lets see how they will handle this mission...
May 20, 2018 5:58 AM

Jul 2012
Wait, what is this?
A Persona 5 episode with a very much acceptably animated battle scene? I thought we would only see it getting any better in the Blurays, but okay, I'll take it like this. Not bad, A1.

They covered just a bit more than what I expected them to cover, but the pacing was well handled and executed again.

I liked the presentation quite a bit in here, some nice touches in the little details.

4/5
May 20, 2018 8:16 AM
May 2018
Animations are really bad in this episode... as Yusuke's transformation is feel like they could have handled it better... Still, welcome Fox to Phantom Thieves of Heart.
Ann's nude is such a tease though... I thought it was well-handled xD
A bit ridiculous thing is you can kill shadows in that "guard" form... guess A1 was being lazy right there, not really offensive thing anymore... And the action was bad
May 20, 2018 9:11 AM

Jun 2016
As expected from persona 5 There a lot setting up. What I am interest is present time not this flashback. How did Ren Amamiya got captured?What he did for police to beat him so back and put him In jail?Where Are his friends?

This anime interesting with mystery and stuffs. But there is way too many setting up.

I like Ren amamiya way more than Persona 4 main characters. He is my favourite In this series.

I also wonder when will Makoto Njima and Goro akechi get involve in the story?

This series still interest me due main characters,Plus haven t seen other characters and mystery elements. If not I would drop this already.
PrideRoyalIvyMay 20, 2018 9:15 AM

May 20, 2018 9:48 AM
Jan 2018
Fight choreography got much better in this episode. Hopefully the rest of the series keeps this quality.
May 20, 2018 10:21 AM
Jul 2018
Levi_Ackerman_10 said:
As expected from persona 5 There a lot setting up. What I am interest is present time not this flashback. How did Ren Amamiya got captured?What he did for police to beat him so back and put him In jail?Where Are his friends?

This anime interesting with mystery and stuffs. But there is way too many setting up.

I like Ren amamiya way more than Persona 4 main characters. He is my favourite In this series.

This series still interest me due main characters,Plus haven t seen other characters and mystery elements. If not I would drop this already.
There's like 70 hours of gameplay before you get to the part you're waiting for, so you'll have to wait for a while.
May 20, 2018 1:11 PM

Mar 2016
Good nude adaptation for best grill Ann indeed. Loved her getting excited for Yusuke’s joining and giving him a nickname.

Liked yusuke’s awakening in game more, and it was more emotional in game, but this is still good.
May 20, 2018 2:28 PM

May 2017
Episodes continuously getting better and better. Seriously no faults to find here, great ep.
May 20, 2018 2:37 PM

Jun 2016
Syrhar said:
Levi_Ackerman_10 said:

There's like 70 hours of gameplay before you get to the part you're waiting for, so you'll have to wait for a while.
I see hope It get better It be waste for this series to dissapoint me. As main character is pretty likeable and I like his personality a lot.

May 20, 2018 2:39 PM

Jun 2017
For some reason I liked this episode A LOT. It felt a lot more like the game and flowed better than previous episodes imo.
Though we are parted,
If on Mount Inaba's peak
I should hear the sound
Of the pine trees growing there,
I'll come back again to you.
May 20, 2018 3:30 PM

Jul 2015
Ah... I liked this episode a lot... up until Madarame showed up in the Museum. Then I just felt meh. But hey, Yusuke is part of the gang now, so now we can have another very poorly done All-Out-Attack with him included.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 20, 2018 4:16 PM
Jul 2018
Levi_Ackerman_10 said:
I see hope It get better It be waste for this series to dissapoint me. As main character is pretty likeable and I like his personality a lot.

They're not doing him justice tho. In the game he is pretty much silent, yes, but his mannerism and the dialogues choices you are given are pretty distinguishable from the others personas mc. Here he's just.. there.
May 20, 2018 5:28 PM
Jul 2018
T H I C C Ann is truly a sight to behold. I've been waiting for this exact scene haha.
May 20, 2018 5:54 PM

Aug 2016
So yusuke's palace should be concluded in episode 8
this is going to be fun considering the pacing

if you thought the pacing was bad now, you haven't seen nothing yet...

slán abhaile corcaigh
Níl aon tinteán mar do thinteán féin

☘ ☘ ☘

Currently stealing your heart,
your women and also your job

May 20, 2018 7:09 PM

Jul 2016
Really good episode! I hope it keeps getting better and better!

Ren suggesting "Inari" for Yusuke's codename! He's already syncing up with his little sister Futaba (even though they haven't met yet).

They'll have to rush some arcs probably, I hope it's the 3rd and 5th ones, since they're the weakest.
May 20, 2018 8:15 PM

Oct 2013
kawaii-despair said:
Yet another episode without pancake boy unfortunately, but we got plenty of actual best boy Yusuke moments instead

gorgeous boy

When a character is voiced by Sugita Tomokazu, you know he's the best dude around!
May 21, 2018 6:47 AM

Jan 2016
Ann's going "full nude" was still hilarious. Some still pictures look so awful that I wonder how they could submit those nonetheless, it was a good episode. The small fighting scene before the gang got caught was amazing, mostly because of the OST but it got me all hyped up.

They should complete the palace in the next ep, and then move on to best girl's palace!
May 21, 2018 7:02 AM

May 2018
Wow.
They made Madarame more of an ass in this episode and made Yusuke more elegant in it too. I like it.

I also didn't know that Yusuke's codename was actually fox in english. In the games, Yusuke had a Japanese name for it called Kitsune iirc.
May 22, 2018 1:37 AM

Sep 2016
Nice going Gintoki- I mean Yusuke!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2018

33 by Shota_Thighs »»
May 7, 10:57 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2018

143 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 15, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2018

40 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 13 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

6 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 21, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

4 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 16, 5:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.