Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 10, 2018 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, Chise is getting along pretty well with her new friend Stella.

Really glad to see they adapted the fantasy part in the forest well. However, Cartaphilus also made an appearance this episode and it was not a pleasant sight to see. Chise had to deal with her own trouble too.

Loved watching Chise and Elia's character chemistry as usual.
Feb 10, 2018 10:58 AM

Jun 2015
It's good to see Chise getting along well with Stella. They're good friends. Elias sure was jealous of them. It's something he hasn't experienced before. Chise taking care of him was funny. She sang him to sleep. Cartaphilus is back and is causing more trouble.
Feb 10, 2018 11:01 AM

Apr 2016
We get some tentacle action this episode ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I had the same expression Chise have when she saw Stella from previous episode, i really didn't expect her to show up again. But considering the fact that White haired dude is back in town we probably see her again soon. From the preview of the next episode we can asume that next week episode will be where the shit will hit the fan.

Also like mages can't live long or to what was Angelica's husband referring to ?
Feb 10, 2018 11:08 AM

Dec 2014
Was real nice to see Chise and Stella getting along. I also loved how Stella quoted her Dad about people being different and that's why we use words to talk to each other.

Looks like Chise having a friend over made Elias jealous. I love how the child of Winter Goddess helps Ruth find Chise because of the offering they made to her mother.

Angelica's husband is a really nice guy, I loved his advice to Chise to live as long as they can.

Cartaphilus is back and now he's poaching dragons. :(
Feb 10, 2018 11:22 AM
Jul 2016
Swagernator said:

Just a shapeshifting monster being jealous that the 16 year old girl he bought from human traffickers is getting along well with a 10 year old lesbian loli, nothing to see here.
Feb 10, 2018 11:50 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Great episode. Chise learns that Elias was jealous of her new friendship with Stella and then he falls asleep for a few days. The comedy parts in this episode were pretty good imo and also felt bad for them dragons as Joseph came back and kidnapped them.

Very much looking forward to the next episode.
Feb 10, 2018 11:59 AM
Mar 2015
Chise has to deal with a jealous monster just because she found a friend.
Feb 10, 2018 12:15 PM

Feb 2016
Chise and Stella seem like they can become good friends, Angelica's husband looks like a nice guy as well. There are so many good people in this anime. The comedy parts were quite funny this episode.

Cartaphilus returns oh no.
Feb 10, 2018 12:19 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Swagernator said:
Also like mages can't live long or to what was Angelica's husband referring to ?

Mages have a very long life expectancy, just like how Lindel stated before that he has lived for hundreds of years. In Chise's case, while she has a few years to live, she can still extend it depending on how she takes care of herself.

That's probably why he told her that they should try their best to live as long as possible without stressing over the thought of leaving/losing loved ones due to how long they can live.
Feb 10, 2018 12:34 PM

Oct 2014
Did anyone else notice that it looked like Cartaphilus has done something to Stella while she was walking home with her family.

Feb 10, 2018 12:48 PM
Nov 2016
Amazing episode. I hope to see more like this. The tentacle part in some other anime's would be overly... you know... but here it actually emersed me in the story even more. 9/10
Feb 10, 2018 12:50 PM
Nov 2016
Asgard241 said:
Did anyone else notice that it looked like Cartaphilus has done something to Stella while she was walking home with her family.
Definitelly. Maybe it is a curse and only Chise can save her (this is just my pure speculation).
Feb 10, 2018 12:59 PM
Nov 2016
This episode was fun and exciting while also being dark and lonely. I loved how there was a heavy air of romance while also somehow not being romance at all. I can see all hell is about to break loose between good magic and bad magic. This show is so interesting. Episodes like this is why it became by favorite anime of all time so easily and quickly.

Why do so many of us have to turn The Ancient Magus' Bride into something twisted? Anime isn't meant to be taken that literally. Anime is just supposed to be fun.
Feb 10, 2018 1:20 PM

Apr 2016
AntwanMantilla said:
Swagernator said:

Mages have a very long life expectancy, just like how Lindel stated before that he has lived for hundreds of years. In Chise's case, while she has a few years to live, she can still extend it depending on how she takes care of herself.

That's probably why he told her that they should try their best to live as long as possible without stressing over the thought of leaving/losing loved ones due to how long they can live.

Oh so it's other way round, damn ... still sad.
Feb 10, 2018 1:54 PM

Feb 2016
Yo, what the fuck kind of animal did Elias transform into.

Also, THAT scene. I don't mean to bring back old overused memes but,
I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going.
Feb 10, 2018 2:06 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.

Great that Chise has found a friend in Stella.
Elias being a bit jealous was interesting.

That lullably was sweet.

Woah Lindel doesn't mess around when people try to take the dragons.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Feb 10, 2018 2:32 PM

Jun 2016
something happened this episode which was good.

Elias having a child-like mind was portrayed this episode better than any other in my opinion.

Really saw the anger on Lindel's at the end of the episode, looks like some important stuff happens next episode.

Feb 10, 2018 2:37 PM

Jul 2012
Cartaphilus is back and definetily Stella is in danger. And he is also after the dragons.
Silky's reactions are always the best!
Feb 10, 2018 3:40 PM

Oct 2016
landofthekwt said:

Elias is basically every girlfriend ever.
"Where the yummy things are, there I shall be!" - Charmy Papittoson
"It would be wise for you to stop talking nonsense." - Mitsuki
Feb 10, 2018 3:43 PM

Oct 2015
Elias is starting to be needy and it pissed me off, because its taking a strain on Chise. When she said she is going to take matters into her hands I thought she was gonna kill him. I wonder what Elias is really is and where does he come from? He is a mixed up monster and I would be scared if I were her sometimes, like in this ep.

Joseph is up to no good again, I can't wait for the next.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 10, 2018 3:46 PM

Feb 2015
Nikilikili said:
landofthekwt said:

Elias is basically every girlfriend ever.

Never thought of that but it's true lol.
Feb 10, 2018 4:39 PM

Sep 2011
There was some strange pacing this episode... But oh wow, between possessing Chise to extort sweets from a 10-year-old girl last episode and cornering her into threatening suicide this episode, Elias is becoming a dangerously controlling and abusive partner, and that's NOT good for Chise (or anyone else, for that matter). Part of me honestly hopes that they're not going to shy away from this in the future, and that's going to be a BIG conflict, and I hope they treat it tastefully and not just offer up some fairy tale happy ending even if it doesn't make sense...
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Feb 10, 2018 4:46 PM
Oct 2016
What was that spring Loli the helped Ruth is it reference to some Celtic or Norse myth?
Feb 10, 2018 5:09 PM

Oct 2013
This episode had so much stuff to say!!!! ahh!!!!
>Chise and Stella becoming friends
>Elias beginning to feel more human emotions (Envy)
>So...their relationship inverted polarity and now Chise is like a mom to Elias
>Joseph and Ashen Eyes are working together.
>Joseph was trying to get his claws on dragons

But, I didn't expect Elias to suddently act like that, I think that's going to be a big plot point soon, while still learning to be Human, Elias is, in it's core, A monster.

Also....So, if Chise sings a little she can put a monster as Elias to sleep until the spell is lifted. Oh my, Imagine if Chise got her hands on a Symphogear

...I hope Joseph didn't do anything bad to Stella.
Feb 10, 2018 6:56 PM

Jul 2016
Holy shit Lindel!! In one episode, you're so calm while singing a wonderful song surrounded by dragons and fairies... and in another one, you become a cold blood assassin with no mercy for hunters... Jeez, I really want to see more of that side Lindel!!!

Anyway, the episode was good and entertaining with interesting scenes such as the "talk" between Chise and TsundElias about the envy, the advice of Angie's husband, Lindel's savage mode, etc.

Now, I'm looking forward to the next episode because of the preview. It looks like it would be really interesting and maybe creepy as well.
Feb 10, 2018 7:08 PM

May 2014
Another beautiful episode!

It was adorable seeing Chise talking with a girl near her age and not really knowing what to do or talk about because she's never really had that.
Further into the realms of emotional discovery she goes!

The whole thing with Elias was bizarrely cute too; dude needs some major lessons in emotional regulation, it seems. He can't try to eat his fiance every time he gets jealous XD
I think Ruth summed up their relationship well enough though- Chise and Elias are both clueless af about relationships so they've pretty much become everything to each other. One day they're like master and apprentice, then they're mother and son, next they'll be father and daughter, and maybe one day it'll develop into a more romantic bond.

The ending looked pretty ominous and it looks like Joseph planted something on Stella. And Ashen Eye seems to be his Master (?)...I guess with just 6 episodes left to go we're getting set up for the final arc of the season already. Can't believe how fast it's gone!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2018 7:14 PM

May 2015
Stella is 10? She looks too good to only be 10...

Looks like Elias understands what it means to get cucked...

They're doing a good job with the humor in these last few episodes. The lullaby was cute, and I laughed hard when Chise forced open Elias' mouth and shoved the medicine in. XD

Zahylon said:
Also....So, if Chise sings a little she can put a monster as Elias to sleep until the spell is lifted. Oh my, Imagine if Chise got her hands on a Symphogear

Nah. Macross would be more suitable for her. Music calming down enemies and countering illnesses...I think Chise can accomplish the same thing in this magical universe. Besides, we got JUNNA and May'n in this anime already...

Looks like we have an invader who's looking to pick a fight with Lindel. However, we saw earlier in this episode that Stella got pricked by something. That might play a role later on. Looks like we're entering a darker arc now...
TarotistFeb 10, 2018 7:21 PM
Feb 10, 2018 7:50 PM

Jun 2017
Pretty good episode this week too, things are gonna escalate finally.
Feb 10, 2018 8:26 PM

Jan 2014
what is this, that brat again. it irritated me everytime he show up.
Feb 10, 2018 8:26 PM

Jan 2014
Feb 10, 2018 8:47 PM

Oct 2013
Tarotist said:
S
Nah. Macross would be more suitable for her. Music calming down enemies and countering illnesses...I think Chise can accomplish the same thing in this magical universe. Besides, we got JUNNA and May'n in this anime already...

Looks like we have an invader who's looking to pick a fight with Lindel. However, we saw earlier in this episode that Stella got pricked by something. That might play a role later on. Looks like we're entering a darker arc now...

But given how Chise finds enemy after enemy, a Symphogear would come in handy.
...As long as she doesn't use a Swan Song
Feb 11, 2018 1:13 AM

Feb 2014
hope that lullaby is going into the OST

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Feb 11, 2018 2:57 AM

Nov 2013
It's interesting how this episode inverted the roles of Elias and Chise. She was the mother and he was the child this time when she explained to him that he felt jealousy. Dealing with a child, that is throwing a tantrum out of jealousy isn't easy, when it is a shape shifting monster.

How Lindel flat out murdered the poacher was brutal. Joseph appeared and took the dragons with him. That's really bad and will probably lead to

And whatever he did with Stella spells trouble too.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 11, 2018 2:58 AM

Apr 2012
Oh hell, that crazy kid showed up and did something to Stella!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Feb 11, 2018 5:39 AM

Jul 2014
Oh great, demon-spawn Cartaphilus is back, so things are about to go downhill for our main characters really quickly. Other than that, this episode felt like it tried to cram a lot in all at once for some reason, but oh well. Also, what was Angelica's husband on about in terms of not having much time left with her and the daughter? Have I missed something there?
Feb 11, 2018 5:58 AM

Feb 2017
Lindel was right, Elias is truley like a little kid. Happy to see Chise making new friend. So Cartaphilus is again fucking shit up.
Feb 11, 2018 6:55 AM

Mar 2012
Why any sane person would stay with Elias after that is beyond me.
Feb 11, 2018 7:02 AM

Nov 2011
An episode that I did not expect, with elements and situations beyond my expectations. Another thing that I did not expect, was that the link between Chise and Stella already began to develop now; I thought a few episodes would happen before that happened, wow! Interesting and fun as usual, I have seen so many different situations from above, but that make the vision of the episode very intriguing. Who knows if Ashen Eye and Cartaphilus are working together, or it's all a hoax. I noticed that Chise is "having fun" in always changing shape in the last episodes, who knows if it will ever become a gorilla, lol! I have never seen Silky against the other characters so tender and sweet, even Ruth was amazed. As usual, once again a new creature of the fanciful world of Nordic culture has been revealed, I think.
Feb 11, 2018 7:18 AM

Apr 2009
I did not expect Elias to be such a tantrum throwing toddler lol. It is amazing how much Chise has got him wrapped around her pinky, she understands his actions better than he understands himself.

Super annoyed to see the silver haired asshole fucking shit up again and really sad to see the draggun kids lost, unlikely that they will return given this psychopath's past actions.

Oh well, I am glad we got to enjoy some chemistry between Elias and Chise before the fighting etc begins. Looking forward to next episode.
Feb 11, 2018 8:34 AM
Jul 2016
Avenger-senpai said:

Well, Chise isn't exactly a sane person so...
Feb 11, 2018 11:53 AM
Nov 2016
Cartaphilus makes an appearance at the end.... I hope nothing happens to Lindel-san...

Seems like some major event is about to occur
Feb 11, 2018 11:54 AM

Apr 2015
Loved the chemistry between Chise and Stella, I honestly expected Stella to be older than what she is. Chise has to take drastic actions to get Elias back to his senses, didnt expect that at all...
Cartaphilus appears again and this time together with Ashen Eye... I wonder what they did to Stella... (Please dont hurt her)
Feb 11, 2018 1:13 PM

Jun 2012
So, uh...Chise has to threaten to kill herself, just to get Elias to let go of her. Really?
And then she is perfectly fine staying with him. This show really does some questionable things, I swear.

I'm glad Joseph is back, it's like he disappeared for several episodes and nobody noticed, maybe he'll help push for a good finale.
Feb 11, 2018 1:35 PM

Feb 2014
I'm glad that Chise and Stella now have a good friendship going between them, despite their age difference. Elias didn't help himself in running away since he was struggling with his emotions again, but Chise did well to get him to return, even though her plan was on the extreme side.

Her lullaby to Elias was really beautiful, but it did make him fall into an unexpected deep sleep, so it was nice to see her go to Angelica for help, where she also met her kind husband, David. =)

Sadly, the little bastard, Cartaphilus, is on the move again, as he unsuccessfully tried to steal the young dragon, but was intercepted by the pissed-off Lindel. What worries me more is that he made contact with Stella without her noticing what he did, so I do hope Stella isn't in trouble again, but since Cartaphilus met up with Ashen Eye in the same scene, it does worry me as to what those two are planning.

I think things are going to become more tense, going by next week's preview, and I'm certainly looking forward to it. =)
Feb 11, 2018 1:53 PM

Mar 2016
I hope Cartaphilus isn't working on one of his merging experiments. Poor baby dragons and poor Stella. I hope he doesn't succeed in whatever he is up to but somebody was crying in the next episode preview...
Feb 11, 2018 1:54 PM

Oct 2017
Mouloxas said:
Swagernator said:

Just a shapeshifting monster being jealous that the 16 year old girl he bought from human traffickers is getting along well with a 10 year old lesbian loli, nothing to see here.

CRYING @ this comment. DELET THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SouthRzVa said:
Holy shit Lindel!! In one episode, you're so calm while singing a wonderful song surrounded by dragons and fairies... and in another one, you become a cold blood assassin with no mercy for hunters... Jeez, I really want to see more of that side Lindel!!!

Anyway, the episode was good and entertaining with interesting scenes such as the "talk" between Chise and TsundElias about the envy, the advice of Angie's husband, Lindel's savage mode, etc.

Now, I'm looking forward to the next episode because of the preview. It looks like it would be really interesting and maybe creepy as well.

I know, right? It was amazing. Don't mess with The Lind. ;D

Abyhape said:
what is this, that brat again. it irritated me everytime he show up.

THIS SO FKN MUCH. I usually don't mind villains, but that friggin' kid is irritating as hell. His mere screen presence gets on my nerves. UGH.

Mouloxas said:
Avenger-senpai said:

Well, Chise isn't exactly a sane person so...

Exactly, lol. "Sanity" is a questionable concept in this show, honestly. Not just in their relationship but in many other aspects as well. I love it, tho. Maybe it's 'cause I've known my fair share of (other people's) relationships that aren't exactly sane (or healthy) but trust me, Chise/Elias is perfectly "normal" compared to some of the batshit crazy relationships some of my friends & family have been in tbh. *sigh*
Feb 11, 2018 4:37 PM

Feb 2016
I really don't trust these two guys... I wonder what they're up to now.

Feb 11, 2018 5:25 PM

Dec 2015
I'm glad to see Chise and Elias' relationship develop even further this episode.

The past few episodes have been pretty great and pretty much restored my faith in this series. I was starting to get a little worried after Episode 15, but now the series is going stronger then ever in terms of showing us nuance in the characters.

Also, that scene where Chise sang Elias to sleep with her lullaby was too precious for words... Good stuff.
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Feb 11, 2018 6:04 PM
Nov 2007
Does anybody know the myth of the pregnant winter goddess? I'm always amazed by the attention to detail that Kore Yamazaki has put into this work.
Feb 12, 2018 6:45 AM

Nov 2013
Am I the only one who's more interested in the plot when it doesn't involve the Elias and Chise bs. It feels forced imo and is dragging on.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mills - Jul 26, 2017

375 by yelansh »»
Mar 30, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2018

266 by NotBonBon »»
Mar 24, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

81 by hales_comet »»
Feb 22, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

UrbanJahts - Jul 26, 2017

247 by hales_comet »»
Feb 21, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

189 by satyamkumar4005 »»
Jan 12, 9:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.