Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 21, 2017 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mermaids!

Even they exist in this series. How exciting. The episode was alright, obviously had its good food and even some sweets. It's also nice to see Aletta in some casual clothes outside of her workplace.

I think she made a new friend (sort of?) too.
Aug 21, 2017 11:03 AM

Apr 2010
Aletta found a place to live which is nice.
Sara's place seems pretty modest i thought it would be a little bigger it was still nice to see tho.

The mermaid and her friend where also nice to watch tho she wasn't wearing much at first, kind of like Kuro still she got her clothes in order.
Kuro seems to be adapting nicely as well.
Aug 21, 2017 11:36 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The mermaid and the one dude kinda make a good couple and finding out more about the treasure hunter girl and her curse was pretty interesting too

But man, I could go for some steak and eggs right now
Aug 21, 2017 11:48 AM

Aug 2013
That steak meal made me hungry...

It nice that Aletta can work at Sarah's home after what happened to her in her previous work in that word.

Aug 21, 2017 12:09 PM
Jun 2016
food the universal language :> This is so amazing series, this was definetly a simpler lighter episode, but still great.

I'm glad were getting some more intearctions between customers.
Aug 21, 2017 12:47 PM

Apr 2016
Those sisters are yummy.
Aug 21, 2017 1:02 PM
Aug 2014
Great episode. Still, I want more Kuro and the fairies to show up!
Aug 21, 2017 1:20 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was a great episode.

Love the first pair, they clearly like each other and Matsuoka-san has the balls to ask someone out :D The background animation was really colorful, that was a plus as well.

Aletta found a steady job and it's housekeeping for Sarah, nice coincidence! Her sister is cute, Aletta will like it there :)
Aug 21, 2017 1:33 PM

Jun 2015
Got to see a mermaid in this episode. She rescued a guy from a storm. The food they were eating looks very good. Aletta found a steady job working as housekeeping for Sarah. Sarah's sister likes the cookies she brought.
Aug 21, 2017 1:37 PM

Nov 2016
Now even mermaids,love it that this show is showing so many different cryptical creatures, the potential of a fantasy setting is put to good use.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 21, 2017 1:53 PM

Aug 2013
I just want to know one thing: Where did that Mermaid store those silver coins when she was swimming in the ocean?
Don't believe the hype.
Aug 21, 2017 1:54 PM

Sep 2013
The blue dragon worshiping mermaid and the kid she saved goes to the restaurant.
Aletta getting a steady job and cookies as thanks, aletta's sister asking for more cookies, master should bake her a whole bag.
Aug 21, 2017 2:04 PM

Sep 2015
Mermaid turn to incomplete Dragon man just what is this amazing evolution?

Its never get old to see all new people reaction to another world food.
Into the Internet!
Aug 21, 2017 2:06 PM

May 2015
Damn, I would've been a rich person myself if I were to sell such cookies in that world.

Great episode.

Aug 21, 2017 2:30 PM

Sep 2015
Looks like Miss Shia will never get to eat at the restaurant. Why is it even a secret.
Aug 21, 2017 2:45 PM

Feb 2014
The blue mermaid and the lad that she saved would make a nice couple. Their visit to the Nekoya Restaurant was pretty nice. =)

As for Aletta, it was very fortunate that she encounter Sarah, a regular customer to the restaurant, who is looking for someone to look after her house while she's on her adventures. Her sister, Shia, was unsure about Aletta at first, but she was won over by the expensive looking cookies.

Hopefully one day, Sarah can take Shia to the restaurant itself and have her try any of the delicious food. =D
Aug 21, 2017 3:02 PM

Dec 2014
Made the mistake of watching this on an empty stomach. That steak! T.T

Glad Aletta found a regular job now, it was nice how Shia gave her a gold coin to get those cookies. They're far cheaper than she expected though. xD
Aug 21, 2017 3:27 PM

Apr 2012
>Sara, Shia and Aletta eating cookies together
I love this anime
Aug 21, 2017 4:06 PM
Dec 2015
It is nice to see the extended universe. Who would just stroll in to a house with the enemy country citizen. Even if she said she works for her sister, she just went in without a care in the world. But nice to see there are people like that. Wanted to see some sister bonding but oh well
Aug 21, 2017 4:12 PM
Dec 2015
Aversa said:
Aletta found a place to live which is nice.
Sara's place seems pretty modest i thought it would be a little bigger it was still nice to see tho.
Yeah she only uses that place to just shank. So having a huge house is not ideal for her line of work. And I think her family home is near.
Aug 21, 2017 4:26 PM

Jan 2008
Mermaid with transforming dragon legs...pretty interesting.

No longer is Aletta homeless eating raw potatoes; it's great that she finally found a place to live and work as a housekeeper during her other 6 days of the week...even better when it's with a familiar acquaintance as her employer.

Those cookies...I've only ever eaten cheap mass-produced factory made cookies, so I can only imagine the higher quality of hand-made cookies (and high price) from a professional independent bakery that would only make small batches at a time.

As for the price of the box of cookies, I don't think Shia was wrong in her estimate for the price of that tin. For the same thing to be made on the other side, they would have needed a skilled craftsman/painter and advanced metallurgy and metal crafting techniques to produce the tin by hand with that level of precision which can be seen at a glance. Diving deeper; the box itself would have likely been made of aluminum, which at one point cost more than gold because of how difficult it used to be to make in the past, where even Napoleon III would have aluminum cutlery to show off how rich they were. Aside from the metal box, the cookies would have been made with plenty of sugar, something also very expensive in the past where only the wealthy could afford. If the other world follows the template of medieval to Renaissance fantasy, then the points above would have likely put it right up there with other expensive luxury goods. I'm guessing it only cost 1-2 silver coins because the other world's currency is likely made of higher precious metal content than the cheap substitutes+virtual bank promises that we rely on nowadays. That--and because aluminum and other cookie ingredients would have been cheap on this side, being only expensive to us because of the hand-made by pro bakers/patisserie + limited batch factors.
Estoy_GordoAug 21, 2017 4:50 PM
Aug 21, 2017 5:04 PM

Feb 2007
Ah, how lovely, Nekoya is now also a dating spot. ^_^

Aletta's new job is certainly a welcome development for her as well after her bad luck on that side so far, and has also brought her a new friend.
Aug 21, 2017 5:06 PM

Apr 2009
Lelouch0202 said:
Made the mistake of watching this on an empty stomach. That steak! T.T
mistake? heck, that's how i usually do it. watching right before i eat. makes the food in the show extra tasty looking and makes the next meal i eat taste more than it should have
Aug 21, 2017 5:21 PM

Jun 2014
It's nice that Aletta managed to find a steady job when she's not at the restaurant, and it's even better that she's working for a familiar acquaintance. I thought there would be drama between Shia and Aletta at first but thankfully they got along and shared some cookies.

Mermaids have now been introduced as well, that steak that she was eating with the guy she rescued looked amazing.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 21, 2017 5:53 PM
Jun 2013
ichii_1 said:
The blue dragon worshiping mermaid and the kid she saved goes to the restaurant.
Aletta getting a steady job and cookies as thanks, aletta's sister asking for more cookies, master should bake her a whole bag.

It is not Aletta's sister, it is Sarah's sister, Shia, that had asked for more of those cookies. Also finding out that Sarah has a curse is intriguing.

On another note; the one thing is when is this anime going to be released her in North America. The reason is that as I has seen is when an anime is subbed and dubbed, it will be released on Blu-Ray and DVD.
LadyMalAug 21, 2017 6:02 PM
Aug 21, 2017 6:40 PM

Jun 2015
Is it me or the animation of this episode was very mediocre ?

Aug 21, 2017 7:58 PM

Aug 2014
I should ride my yacht straight into a raging tempest one day; shit always ends in almost drowning then getting rescued by a sexy mermaid.
Sieg Zeon!
Aug 21, 2017 9:43 PM

Apr 2013
EratiK said:
>Sara, Shia and Aletta eating cookies together
I love this anime

Same, it made my day.

Aug 21, 2017 11:20 PM

Mar 2013
Dark_Lord9 said:

I feel the same. There is a part when the guy with the mermaid was barefoot and then suddenly the boots were on. And the master''s smile as well, awkward in some scene. Lots of still scene in this episode.
Aug 22, 2017 12:11 AM
Nov 2016
So the first part was the love story between a mermaid and a human. How cute... ^.^

Seems like our little demon waitress is doing well for herself, she has finally found a steady job and she also made a friend, sort of.

Kuro is pretty cute.
Aug 22, 2017 1:41 AM

Jul 2013
Zantius said:
I just want to know one thing: Where did that Mermaid store those silver coins when she was swimming in the ocean?

Her tail vagina ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)?
Aug 22, 2017 2:40 AM

Nov 2013
Dark_Lord9 said:

Yeah, I got that feel kind of feel till the end.

Lots of still images, unnecessary amount of zoom-in scene, and somehow a lot of reused animations.
GethemalotAug 22, 2017 2:51 AM
Aug 22, 2017 3:09 AM
Jun 2015
It only takes cookies and tea to overcome demon human prejudice and a unbreakable yuri ship. The power of the other world's food cannot be understated. I am disappointed in the main dish of this episode, when most of the food on this show is something you eat all the time you get disheartened and less impressed.
Aug 22, 2017 3:48 AM

Dec 2013
And here I was thinking the mermaid priestess was the Blue Dragon herself.
Nice to see them iterate about how not many races in this world actually use metal coins as currency. Somehow it makes the world a bit more realistic. To think that the lad knew where to meet with the mermaid girl though. That was kind of surprising. And to see a mermaid eating beef was.... I don't know how to feel about that somehow, hahaha....

The second part was nice, seeing Aletta's lifestyle improve by the week, in part thanks to her work at the restaurant. Sarah being a frequent customer made for a great reference for Aletta. Winning over her Shia was too easy with those cookies. Making me hungry now...

All in all another chill episode. Looking forward to next week already.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 22, 2017 5:10 AM

Apr 2015
4kicks said:
As for the price of the box of cookies, I don't think Shia was wrong in her estimate for the price of that tin. For the same thing to be made on the other side, they would have needed a skilled craftsman/painter and advanced metallurgy and metal crafting techniques to produce the tin by hand with that level of precision which can be seen at a glance. Diving deeper; the box itself would have likely been made of aluminum, which at one point cost more than gold because of how difficult it used to be to make in the past, where even Napoleon III would have aluminum cutlery to show off how rich they were. Aside from the metal box, the cookies would have been made with plenty of sugar, something also very expensive in the past where only the wealthy could afford. If the other world follows the template of medieval to Renaissance fantasy, then the points above would have likely put it right up there with other expensive luxury goods. I'm guessing it only cost 1-2 silver coins because the other world's currency is likely made of higher precious metal content than the cheap substitutes+virtual bank promises that we rely on nowadays. That--and because aluminum and other cookie ingredients would have been cheap on this side, being only expensive to us because of the hand-made by pro bakers/patisserie + limited batch factors.

Their silver coin is only worth the amount of silver it has from melting down and it's called a silver coin because it's mainly silver, and most certainly not having more valuable metals, no government would be that dumb. So judging from the coin's size, I'd say around $15 worth of silver? A hamburger steak meal is $15, same with a box of cookies and the bigger box is $30. That's some really expensive cookies, and didn't he say he can get it at a discount? Also, the other-world customers thinks a coin is cheap but don't forget the episode with the merchants, where the guy paid a small chest of coins (with at least 8 confirmed gold coins) for the miserable bag of ingredients.

...the prices are all over the place.
IMACOPAug 22, 2017 5:26 AM
Omae wa mou bakuhatsu desu!
Aug 22, 2017 5:19 AM

Jul 2014
Highly forgettable episode, to the point where I've nearly forgotten it entirely already. Only thing I remember is wondering how many copper coins equate to one silver coin if one hundred silver coins equate to one gold coin.
Aug 22, 2017 5:44 AM

Jun 2016
This episode seems soooo short. Ugh. ;-;

I loved the 1st half than the latter. I ship the mermaid named Arte and the guy (I forgot his name). Hehe. And thank lawd I have pizza here beside me while I'm watching this because that hamburger steak sure made me salivate. D:

I loved the 2nd half, too, though. Hehe. I'm not that a fan of the cookies they were eating that's why. AND IDK WHY! Hahaha.

Loved this episode so much!

P.S. I'm going to buy my own hamburger steak later. Damn this show does things to me.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Aug 22, 2017 8:53 AM

May 2017
Boring episode, best girl (Kuro) hardly any screetime.

The animation was terrible, Shia chewing wasn't shown, Sarah arriving wasn't shown
Aug 22, 2017 10:44 AM

Mar 2013
Another wonderful episode~

This time instead of focusing on the food, we get more information on our guests's background.
The mermaid and sailor looked sweet together. Might be the first potential couple of the anime? lol

Aletta finally founds a decent job for herself. Good to see she's working at none other than the pretty adventurer's house. Lol at William's curse XD

Also, cookies anyone? :D

Now who wants to eat this cute Flying Puppy cookie? <3

Don't ever be fooled by the cookie box at your home. It's a trap and you know it ;)
Aug 22, 2017 11:51 AM
Feb 2014
That 97 silver coins change must be a hell to carry. I sure hope they have some middle currency for 20 silver coins or something like that :)

From preview, it seems like next episode will have another argument. Please don't be another which food is better one that keeps going nowhere.
mandorallenAug 23, 2017 9:55 AM
Aug 22, 2017 1:16 PM

Jun 2017
Another great episode, I do agree with others the animation was a little lacking but it did not take the charm out of the show.

I was really happy to see Aletta finally get somewhere nice in the other world. Gave me the warm fuzzies.

I have always wanted to try Japanese Hamburger steak. I may have drooled a little :P
Aug 22, 2017 6:28 PM

Jan 2008
IMACOP said:
4kicks said:

Their silver coin is only worth the amount of silver it has from melting down and it's called a silver coin because it's mainly silver, and most certainly not having more valuable metals, no government would be that dumb. So judging from the coin's size, I'd say around $15 worth of silver? A hamburger steak meal is $15, same with a box of cookies and the bigger box is $30. That's some really expensive cookies, and didn't he say he can get it at a discount? Also, the other-world customers thinks a coin is cheap but don't forget the episode with the merchants, where the guy paid a small chest of coins (with at least 8 confirmed gold coins) for the miserable bag of ingredients.

...the prices are all over the place.

No government would be that dumb? Canada would be a contender, having sold the last of it's gold reserves under the Liberals to pay off a little bit of the massive debt they put themselves into from the previous government's surplus they were left with. I now personally have more gold in assets (however small) than the country of Canada, lol. But I digress.

Tenshu did say he gets a business discount, but they don't say whether or not Aletta bought it herself during her break or something, or if she got him to buy it for her. The bakery was mentioned to be right above the restaurant in the same building after all, so it's no big deal to put on a hat and take the elevator.

Those cookies costing 1-2 silver, similar to a restaurant's plate, sounds about right after conversion/taking educated guess. Tenshu did say the cookies were expensive, which is very true if it's compared to cheaply made mass-produced cookies, since they're made by a bakery and not a factory. Otherwise, they probably would have only asked for copper coins (a few bucks) if they were buying off the shelf. I used to work across the street from a Chocolatier, and their cheapest chocolates cost 2-5 times that of the most expensive "gourmet" or "gift chocolates" (price hiked during holidays) from a supermarket, so I imagine it's something similar when it comes to an independent bakery's baked goods.

As for the episode with the merchants, the ones eating pasta...I think you're misunderstanding something there. Tenshu wasn't paying him the whole chest for the ingredients. He explicitly asked for them to subtract the amount from it, for the bag. If he was giving him the entire chest as payment, that wouldn't make sense from a business standpoint, because that would be a whole 4-5 days worth of earnings (1 month, Saturdays only), a sizeable amount for any restaurant business. To pay that much for a single sack of ingredients meant for recipe experimentation (meaning much of it will likely go to waste if it fails) would be ludicrous. In other words; they simply did not go into detail as to why they were entrusted with the remainder of coins in the chest: whether he was holding it for Tenshu like a personal bank, doing accounting services where trust would be an issue with a modern accountant handling money not from this earth, or changing it like a foreign exchange services (FX)--as the restaurant likely gets customers from multiple countries, and thus gets multiple different currencies with varying levels of precious metal percentage that's dependent on current economic strength of their respective country....or if it's a combination of all of the above. We can only speculate at this point.

Side note: the reason why there were gold coins was likely from the Red Dragon lady who habitually buys an entire stockpot worth of stew for takeout whenever she comes. Perhaps she gives Tenshu a little more for going out of his way to prepare a separate stockpot reserved just for her...I know I'd do the same as him if she were my best customer.

In the end, this aint a story like Spice & Wolf, but instead it's a slow-paced slice-of-life foodporn fluff, so I doubt they'll ever dive deeper into these topics (that would bore many people), as much as I wish they did.
Estoy_GordoAug 22, 2017 6:46 PM
Aug 23, 2017 1:00 AM
Jan 2015
Dark_Lord9 said:

I think so too, especially at the part where shia met aletta. It looked lazy, many of the conversations were static and they reused some animated sequences.
Aug 23, 2017 1:35 AM

May 2017
MoeGod said:
Zantius said:

Her tail vagina ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)?

Probably from prostitution
Aug 23, 2017 1:39 AM

May 2017
Nexxkinn said:
Dark_Lord9 said:

Lots of still images, unnecessary amount of zoom-in scene, and somehow a lot of reused animations.

davidphamle said:
Dark_Lord9 said:

I feel the same. There is a part when the guy with the mermaid was barefoot and then suddenly the boots were on. And the master''s smile as well, awkward in some scene. Lots of still scene in this episode.

Haru_Kitsune said:
Dark_Lord9 said:

I think so too, especially at the part where shia met aletta. It looked lazy, many of the conversations were static and they reused some animated sequences.

It's not mediocre, it's straight up terrible

Shia chewing wasn't shown, Sarah arriving wasn't shown even tho she spoke its basically just a slideshow of Shia
Aug 23, 2017 8:15 AM

Jun 2015
Liked the second half. It was somewhat engaging with kuro bits and Alleta/Shia encounter.

Does this anime have a plot other than the restaurant and its food, customers etc?
Aug 23, 2017 7:14 PM

Nov 2011
More Adelheid next week<3 Though we do need a lot more Kuro as well.

I liked when she spooked the master lol.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 24, 2017 3:45 AM

Apr 2015
First half was average at best. Run-of-the-mill IS.

Second half was a bit better but not one of their better weeks.
Aug 24, 2017 7:16 AM

Jun 2017
Nexxkinn said:
Dark_Lord9 said:

It's that time of the season when quality crashes as the production company goes into clutch mode ala Shirobako/New Game style.
Aug 24, 2017 8:29 AM
Jun 2013
Hexblood said:
Another great episode, I do agree with others the animation was a little lacking but it did not take the charm out of the show.

I was really happy to see Aletta finally get somewhere nice in the other world. Gave me the warm fuzzies.

I have always wanted to try Japanese Hamburger steak. I may have drooled a little :P

Then go to https://www.justonecookbook.com/, they have lot of recipes, which include Hamburger steak. check it out.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Easter hunt help

Canfro - Apr 16, 2022

18 by Mithun1237 »»
Apr 3, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2017

163 by chocoalyaUwU »»
Apr 1, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2017

137 by Forum »»
Jan 15, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2017

69 by gyanburubii »»
Jan 8, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2017

83 by Hayley2877 »»
Sep 14, 2023 1:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.