Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Mar 12, 2016 2:10 AM
Aug 2015
rinneganfire4u said:
Why do I get the feeling that the anime built so much different complex plots but failed to merge them in a consistent stream. All ideas were floated out the windows once emodump was raised.

Because that is exactly what they did. And it worked.

The series is a complete mess, which I hope will get a (faithful-to-the-original) reboot one day, but at least we have this film, which is a masterpiece.
Jun 20, 2016 12:44 PM

Feb 2014
Well i have to do some research
Jun 27, 2016 12:32 AM
Mar 2016
Visually and as a story I loved it and hopefully always will. The themes expressed by it I don't know.
Jun 28, 2016 10:05 PM

Sep 2015
Just got around to actually watching this (sad I know) and I could not be more satisfied holy shit my mind is fucked. So many questions but like I don't care, to me that ending was miles better than the one in the show. It was just such a fiery incendiary little movie, just like the show cranked up to eleven. It's crazy when after all this time Eva can still make me gasp in surprise in it's audacity and it's brutality.

If I have one complaint it's that wow Shinji felt so much more frustratingly ineffectual in this than he ever did in the show. I think that's kind of the point, like everyone else he's at the end of his rope. But still it was enough to make you just wish Misato'd leave him behind.

Also the Complementation Process just makes so much more sense when they explain and visualize it here. Like I was largely guessing at what it was in the show, here it's like oh Rei turns everyone to orange goop and they form a giant consciousness together that's not so hard to understand.

This movie is also just a really good action movie, though almost entirely just in the first half. Those badass Seele's OPs just ripping NERV to shreds, Misato commandoing her way through the base, Asuka's fucking incredible fight scene which redeems the character from her stagnation at the end of the series and is the only real mech fight we get in the movie. These are all larger than life, thrilling and they look great.

That the movie than becomes a claustrophobic stream of conscious surrealist work in the second half and seamlessly at that is even more impressive. I'll have to do more reading to find out what the whole choking deal was but I think it's kind of exciting to consider Asuka at the end is not actually Asuka. Considering she's bandaged up like Rei was and has Misato's necklace next to her I like the interpretation this is just an amalgam of all the women in Shinji's life he is choking. You are so fucked up indeed.

Also as I wrap this up, Komm Susser Todd is so fucking great and could have been the end of the movie right there. I love Rei and Shinji's final dialogue that ends with the live action shots and the empty theater. I don't even fully understand it but it was so cool. And last but not least holy crap I loved the credits halfway through. That song was great and those shimmering wavy credits were trippy as hell. 10/10 and part of the reason I gave original Eva a 10/10
Jul 16, 2016 8:50 AM

Nov 2014
After searching for some answers there is only one thing I can't find: what happened to Rei? I assume because of her role she didn't join the "soup", so does that mean she also has no option to return? In other words, she is gone/dead?
Jul 23, 2016 7:07 PM

Feb 2016
This movie has to be one of the craziest things I have seen so far. There have been so many disturbing but also epic moments in this movie. One thing was Shinji jerking off to Asuka and then realizing how fucked up he is or another disturbing scene was when he started choking her in the finale scene. It was hard to look at it but I was so glad when he finally let off from her. Asuka's badass fight against these creepy looking EVA units was also one of the highlights of this movie. There was so much more crazy stuff happening especially in the second half when everything went out of control. All in all I didn't understand quit a few things and I have to make some researches for the better understanding of this anime but this is what makes the Evangelion series so great imo. You have to think and research a lot if you want to understand the complex story but once you get to that point you will start appreciating the single details of this great anime a lot more than before.
Aug 10, 2016 8:48 PM

Jul 2015
It still blows my mind how much of an impact EoE has made to me. Just thinking about it makes me want to shed a tear. Rewatching it makes me want to shed a waterfall.
Aug 16, 2016 12:39 AM

Jul 2015
Complete WTF, but the more I sat and watched videos that Goat jesus ans others make it became more clear and clear to me, just a masterpiece of a film and the commentary of human and escapism
Sup...
Aug 22, 2016 9:52 AM
Mar 2016
I wonder what happens to Gendo. He gets his head chomped off by Unit 01, so I assume it's going to ingest his soul so he and Yui can be together floating in space for the rest of time, but Shinji only says goodbye to his mother. Maybe he doesn't realize. Cool to wonder about.
Aug 24, 2016 5:53 AM

Aug 2015
rolltier said:
I wonder what happens to Gendo. He gets his head chomped off by Unit 01, so I assume it's going to ingest his soul so he and Yui can be together floating in space for the rest of time, but Shinji only says goodbye to his mother. Maybe he doesn't realize. Cool to wonder about.

He actually gets rejected. He never met Yui.
Sep 6, 2016 1:58 AM

Feb 2016
Holy shit.. i watched the series and film in 2 days and i m like O.o i dunno .. wtf.. what an experience.. i can t even thinking how to score, seriously..
I feel a lil bettayed by code geass.. I thought it was tje perfect anime but
and i don t really know what to think
Sep 12, 2016 7:37 PM
Aug 2014
Im not sure what to think right now, i have (almost) no idea what just happened
and from reading the first page of this discussion it seems like 9 out of 10 people are just like "i dont understand a thing, such mindrape, so awesome" and i cannot understand that mindset
Why do so many enjoy what they dont understand? Is it just "even though i dont get the meaning, i think there is one, so it must be super complicated and therefore super good"?

Guess there are still the Rebuild movies, i will watch them first and then look up further into explanations on what exactly happened
Just in case i would spoiler myself too much with the research or wouldnt be able to deduct the meaning at least partly by myself anymore

So far i say this show is really 3deep5me but im still giving it the benefit of the doubt, its not like i think Evangelion is bad, i really liked it if you cut out the last two episodes of the original series and this movie
That part was really enjoyable with decent action, great characters and a story that (at least up to that point) seemed to make sense

In case someone is ambitious to help me with some questions:
When in the end shinji and asuka were alone next the that red sea and he strangled her, they just "came back" from the whole humanity as one being, right? Which seperated because shinji rejected the idea of that
Why did Shinji strangle her?
And why were only the two of them there, and not every other human being as well?
Why did Seele want the whole humanity as one being?
Were the twelve Seele guys just normal human beings?
Why was Lilith (or was it EVA 01?) with Shinjis mother inside sent into space to float around forever in solitude?
What again are the angels?
And most important: What is Asukas cup size?

Hope somebody is able to shed some light into the dark
Sep 16, 2016 8:42 AM

Feb 2016
leNerd said:
Im not sure what to think right now, i have (almost) no idea what just happened
and from reading the first page of this discussion it seems like 9 out of 10 people are just like "i dont understand a thing, such mindrape, so awesome" and i cannot understand that mindset
Why do so many enjoy what they dont understand? Is it just "even though i dont get the meaning, i think there is one, so it must be super complicated and therefore super good"?

Guess there are still the Rebuild movies, i will watch them first and then look up further into explanations on what exactly happened
Just in case i would spoiler myself too much with the research or wouldnt be able to deduct the meaning at least partly by myself anymore

So far i say this show is really 3deep5me but im still giving it the benefit of the doubt, its not like i think Evangelion is bad, i really liked it if you cut out the last two episodes of the original series and this movie
That part was really enjoyable with decent action, great characters and a story that (at least up to that point) seemed to make sense

In case someone is ambitious to help me with some questions:
When in the end shinji and asuka were alone next the that red sea and he strangled her, they just "came back" from the whole humanity as one being, right? Which seperated because shinji rejected the idea of that
Why did Shinji strangle her?
And why were only the two of them there, and not every other human being as well?
Why did Seele want the whole humanity as one being?
Were the twelve Seele guys just normal human beings?
Why was Lilith (or was it EVA 01?) with Shinjis mother inside sent into space to float around forever in solitude?
What again are the angels?
And most important: What is Asukas cup size?

Hope somebody is able to shed some light into the dark

Wow you re really confused.. (It s normal don t worry) but the things u asked are very long and hard to explain so it s better to take a look at the web.. U ll find all the answers u re looking for .. as i did
Sep 25, 2016 3:26 PM

Feb 2016
Shinji was his usual-annoying tenfold.
The ending was spot on: 気持ち悪い
Nov 29, 2016 7:56 PM

Aug 2014
Oh Misato...

Just like I expected, this movie was a bigger mindfuck than the original series.

Oh the famous masturbation scene...I was not looking forward to that one at all.

I'm not the biggest Asuka fan but my god, seeing her getting brutalize like that was hard to watch. I'm actually glad she survived in the end.

Pretty damn confusing at first but after watching it a couple more times and reading some explanations, I think got what happened for the most part. Overall a solid movie, definitely made up for the ending we got in the original.
8/10

Just going to leave this here :
Dec 8, 2016 11:31 AM
Jan 2014
Giant naked wish granting angel girl with a vagina on the forehead and people turning into orange juice? Now I have seen everything.

After reading about it, I think I understand most of it. But seriously it was all over the place and they could've handled the basic info better in Eva.

About the movie, it's much better than the ending of the original anime. I can't blame shinji for losing his mind but as stupid as his actions can get, he did make the right choice in the end letting anyone with the will to have his own identity but I don't know why anyone would face that much difficulty in making that decision.
Feb 11, 2017 11:00 PM

Sep 2015
The beginning :0 wasnt expecting Shinji to masterba...

The second half was pretty confusing but okay not bad.
Feb 19, 2017 12:58 PM
Jul 2018
Alright, I thought that this movie complements the original last two ep pretty well. Basically in the last two ep, my interpretation is it was within the instrumentality project, so people could face off their insecurities by talking to each other. On the other hand, EoE actually shows the external events or the acceptance and the rejection of Human instrumentality project, with Ritsuko and Misato being killed in the exact spots in both the versions further proves the point.

First half had some cool action, second half was a trippy mindfuck totally. The last scene was interesting, showing how Shinji totally rejects instrumentality, with Asuka being there with her strong will to live thus gaining individuality. Ultimately, he embraces the harsh reality and accepts it, thus showing a strong will to live and materializing. In the process of making sure he was back in the world again where feelings are present, he strangles yere.

Altogether eva was an absolute treat to watch, a solid 9/10 for movie. Some vague questions here and there but the message came across with the philosophical themes i.e. sometimes people will get into relationships and don't hurt each other. That makes it more worthwhile.
removed-userFeb 19, 2017 1:08 PM
Apr 14, 2017 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
This wasn't a pleasant movie for me at all.All I witness the horror scenerio that continued from episode 24.Honestly what was wrong with EP 25 & 26? I was enjoying very much since EP 21 and the last two episode were horrible and this one even mind blowing as well I guess.. (I guess those mind blowing scenerio were the main twist of this movi, oh well)

I guess, this anime wasn't for me after all but I am glad others enjoy this, so I won't say this "very bad" as maybe this show wasn't suited for me.(But first 21 episodes were undeniably good, no doubt)
removed-userApr 14, 2017 1:45 PM
Apr 14, 2017 6:22 PM

Dec 2015
This movie was fucked up in the best way possible.

A true ending for both the storyline and all the characters as a whole. Most characters had their problems addressed and their flaws exposed.

In terms of a true ending, what I liked was how EoE stuck to their roots; the action and excitement was there but didn't dominate the film - it was by no means an all-out Michael Bay disaster. What's more important was delving into the deeper psychological themes of the series. 3/5 Philosophy, 2/5 action was a good ratio.

Hidaeki wanted to revolve around the climax of the end of humanity and he truly did deliver; this series definitely isn't some shallow kiddy bullshit where a hero appears to save the day. Human evolution, the will to live, responsibility, the meaning of life, reality; it's incredible how far they went with this film - it was much deeper than the series itself. The 3rd impact wasn't a perfect resolution, more of a final test for humanity - life isn't perfect so choose to wake up and face reality or remain as LCL.

Open ending was appropriate considering how humanity would be given the choice to regain their physical form through their will to live - the scene between Shinji and Rei was beautiful as well, took him long enough to man the fuck up + i'm glad Rei decided for herself that she was not a puppet and finally broke the glasses.
Prim3Apr 14, 2017 6:28 PM
~
Apr 26, 2017 12:35 AM

Feb 2016
My mind has been thoroughly mummified, courtesy of evangelion.

I understood everything (I know to take the symbolism with a grain of salt - straight from the horse's mouth) until the ending.

The tip-of-the-dwang ending eva firmly grasped the loose pillar of salt my ego was standing on and flipped it upside down. And now I'm left hanging on the pillar of salt with one leg both on sure footing and not...

NGE can be best summed up as family guy's manatee aquarium had some emo suicidal edgy manatees that weren't cooperating with the rest of the manatees. Putting out indiscinernable edgy material balls and killing the fun out of family guy, if it were even possible.

So Seth McFarlane made the executive decision to sell these wimpy good for nothing floating sacks of shits, Shinji, Asuka and Rei. Gainax buys the manatee, practically for free, and, who'd thunk it, the NGE franchise was born as a fresh steaming pile of shit that had a thirty year expiry date. Hurray.

But to Gainax's surprise, a beanstalk grew out of the pile of NGE turd and the anime industry sprouted a shit-load of gold farms with edgy insanity involved.

tldr; NGE was good but overrated, it's not immune to being called a pile of shit.

And today, a shit-load of affluent grandchildren of all shapes and smells always visit gramp's house every year to give their respects.
Cloud_IllusionApr 26, 2017 12:59 AM
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
May 18, 2017 8:25 AM

Nov 2013
i enjoyed the first 20-22 episodes of the series and was thinking it was could be worth a 10... but that ending was just...bad.
i thought maybe this movie would change that ending...but...while it was a little better (not hard...) it didnt really make me interested at all

starting with shinji shaking asuka on the bed...i was like...are you trying to kill her?
then he just turns her (oh hi nipples/panties lol) and takes off half the connected machine things...yep he is trying to kill her
that ending, i thought he was gonna kiss her or something but i guess he still wants to kill her...like wtf...

i almost fell asleep, and i think this was the 1st time i ever skipped parts of an anime (i didnt want to drop at half the movie after all the time it took to watch all the episodes)

not even the (too little) asuka fight, or the r+ parts could keep me interested,
all i was thinking this episode was...kill that shinji please...my god, i never disliked a main character so much

also anyone who is mentally weaker and watches this must feel even worse than me...every 5 minute they say "i'm useless... i wanna die" and shit like that...was there even one happy moment in this movie?
winddevil1May 18, 2017 8:36 AM
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
May 18, 2017 8:51 AM

Dec 2015
@winddevil1 Funny that your critic of the hero's behaviour in the first scene doesn't even mention Shinji's ejaculation. xD

Was it understandable by skipping scenes of the movie? o_o

The end is happy: Shinji finally learns to accept himself (but this was already shown in the TV ending) and realizes he doesn't want a world where everyone is one giant soup of life entity. Rejecting the Instrumentality, he regains his own boundaries and leaves the choice to everyone else to do so.

Anyway, glad you took some sort of pleasures in Evangelion, even if it was not the intended ones.

edit @winddevil1 First, sorry if I barged in several times after you wrote something in episode discussions xD (just like to talk about this show).
Right, happy was not the right word... "Hopeful"? "Positive"?
If I remember right, the fact he reaches for Asuka's neck is him verifying / testing the things going back to normal (people gaining their individuality back, reaching for someone else can hurt, something he refused at first but realized he wanted back).
If you want several opinions about the scene: http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/12382/Why-was-Shinji-strangling-Asuka-at-the-end-of-EoE/

I won't invite you to read things Anno said about his movie (or his series) because I understand that you aren't someone looking for that. But if I may direct you toward another animation work directed by him, I would advise you to check Top wo nerae ~ Gunbuster (6 OAVs long). It's more cheerful with a touch of drama (I guess you like that sort of things based on your page) and a good portion of action, while still benefiting from the guy's great direction.

@Nishi_23 Don't worry, he got better unlike the many otaku that watched his series only to be criticized. His medication was... to craft Evangelion (I think his troubles came from the experience of directing "Fushigi no umi no Nadia" and steuggling with the producers).
A parody of his later married life was even animated (based on a manga by his wife).

AND NOW... he's doing Evangelion (entirely funded by himself) again to bring money in for his new studio.

@Raizel Shinji cancelled the Plan, like "before" he made the choice of living in the "reality" and confronting people. Since the AT Fields (the boundaries of human souls) are back, anyone is free to take an independant form again. By the way, you saw people dying at the beginning, but the Third Impact didn't kill anyone (they were simply becoming one sole entity).
By the way, Yui (the narrator voice at the end) says it herself: the souls are now free to separate themselves again.

peetza said:
I like this movie way more than the series just because we're not swimming in someone's psyche and the real plot is actually HAPPENING. Plus this was balls to the walls gorgeous with ample action.

The series had some very well made scenes, and filled with actions. And more importantly, you weren't swimmiing in characters psyche every moment of the show (by the way, the movie itself contains scenes of that nature).

@CatSoul Now the real question that you didn't answer: what do you prefer, The End or the end of Evangelion?
(more seriously,is that from a manga or something?)
You cana also check the amateur manga Re:take who takes The End of Eva further. (found it not particularly interesting myself but since it's an often talked about piece)

@yusei_fudo Only if you wanted to see the Instrumentality fully realized/completed, so from the point of view of the Seele, probably a bad one, I guess.
Like the epilogue (and the "inside conversation" before, and the End of TV even before) shows it, SHinji decided to go against the Plan in the end, and everyone is free to emerge as his own being again.
Rei_IIIMar 19, 2018 12:09 PM
May 18, 2017 9:01 AM

Nov 2013
Rei366 said:
@winddevil1 Funny that your critic of the hero's behaviour in the first scene doesn't even mention Shinji's ejaculation. xD

Was it understandable by skipping scenes of the movie? o_o

The end is happy: Shinji finally learns to accept himself (but this was already shown in the TV ending) and realizes he doesn't want a world where everyone is one giant soup of life entity. Rejecting the Instrumentality, he regains his own boundaries and leaves the choice to everyone else to do so.

hey i've seen you a lot on the forum after i started to watch nge like 2 months ago (cause of your name and pic) lol

well i guess it's not completely understandable, but some of those parts were kinda the same as the 3 last episodes, just talk about how they want to die/not die...and 90% of the people here don't seem to totally understand it even if they watched everything

also how is that happy when the 1st thing he does after returning is to attack asuka's neck? while crying and looking at all the destroyed stuff around them

anyway looking at my favourites i guess this type of series are not exactely my thing, but still, i'm sorry if i'm sounding rude to you or the other fans
winddevil1May 18, 2017 9:19 AM
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
May 29, 2017 7:33 AM

Mar 2017
Watching the 26 episodes of NGE just for this conclusion was worth it. Except for the overused christian symbolism, I had zero problems with this movie. The animation was fantastic, the action was thrilling, the psychological problems of the characters were resonating (finally), the deaths and corruption looming in the state of the post-apocalyptic world were realistic and horrifying to witness and the ending was perfect.

10/10

Too bad that I can't give the same score to NGE.
Jul 31, 2017 7:14 AM

Feb 2015
Well... at first I was like "damn this is actually pretty good, might give this an 8 or a 9", then the usual pretentious edgy mindrape bullshit happened and it plummeted to a 7. Then the ending happened and it was a 6.

I do have to admit though, it's still better than the tv series. The blood and gore were really cool and the part where Asuka snapped was really great. (Although MPC-HC fucked up really badly and made almost the whole scene glitchy and killed it a bit, I'll move to mpv, thank you)

Whoever made this and the first NGE, please get medical attention. Thank you.
Aug 13, 2017 4:14 PM

Oct 2014
a favorite of mine, decided to rewatch it - the white eva series, the third impact starting up and everyone turning into lcl, and good ol gigantic rei never fail to scare the shit out of me
Sep 22, 2017 4:57 PM

Jan 2016
Holy mother of god this was fuckin AMAZING!!! Wow really didn't expect this movie to blow my mind like this.

I didn't like the show that much, mainly the first 13 episodes, it got better in the second half and the ending was great.
BUT this movie holy shit it just changed my perspective about the whole damn series. i think i need to re watch the whole show again to appreciate it more.

Really can't believe how much i enjoyed this, it's a fuckin 10/10

Just wow
Oct 3, 2017 7:37 AM
Nov 2013
So its all about Shinji and his sexual desires, eh? Worst harem i ever saw... 1/5
Oct 4, 2017 12:38 PM

Jul 2015
My brain is fucked up
Oct 8, 2017 2:41 AM

May 2016
That was confusing af I'm seriously they only showed Asuka and Shinji what happened to the others did all of them resurrected? 7/10
Nov 3, 2017 6:03 PM

Feb 2012
The movie ended and started with some variation of strangling.

2021 rewatch:
Bird food
Fortress_MaximusNov 11, 2021 5:47 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 31, 2017 8:24 AM

Jul 2013
Welp my mind has been fucked....
Dec 31, 2017 1:49 PM

Sep 2012
Is it weird that I like this movie way more than the series? I guess it's just because we're not swimming in someone's psyche and real plot is actually HAPPENING. Plus this was balls to the walls gorgeous with ample action.

@Rei366 I know, I tend to be cheeky and exaggerate my problems with it because I think it's funny xP That said, the series ending with no actual plot taking place and my repeated exposure to characters I didn't like were two of my biggest issues with the TV series. The movie provided me with a satisfactory conclusion to the story, and a relatively short amount of time to deal with the characters while being presented with awesome action scenes and cool, artsy segments. tl;dr: The movie's pros far outweigh the cons for me personally.
MrLegitimacyJan 2, 2018 6:26 AM
Jan 29, 2018 12:21 PM

Apr 2015
Wow.

Visually, this film is a masterpiece. In terms of themes and specific scenes, it does provide a lot more of an explanation as to some things from the original TV series. Some scenes are definitely standout, such as the soup explosion and Shinji strangling Asuka. If you've wanted to see gore and Asuka/Rei's tits but felt ripped off by the PG-13 series, this movie delivers it.

But in terms of my overall experience?

"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Feb 11, 2018 7:16 PM

Jan 2018
I honestly can say that while watching this movie I barely understood a thing but at the same time it was deep as fuck...wow....literally mindfucked and I didn't expect it to take such a dark turn
Feb 17, 2018 7:18 PM

Aug 2016
Good thing I read the manga first.
MichaelJacksonFeb 17, 2018 8:17 PM
:v
Mar 14, 2018 4:00 AM

Dec 2017
That movie was so close to become real masterpiece but in the end it turned out to be a very strong and really good anime film. Yes... the ending was very confusing but to be honest i love that creepy and the same time kinda happy vibe which accompanied the ending scenes (and that freakin song!).

If somebody don't get the ending and really don't care about all that philosophical stuff around it, i serving you helping hand. Keep that in mind there are about 50 billion different interpretations of it and probably all of them are wrong... or correct, who knows.

SPOILER ALERT (kinda)

Everyone died and just went to the void where they can create a world without suffer and lonliness... weeeell except Shinji and Asuka because he really just want her as a personal waifu... and he probably thought that everything about Rei and Third Impact was a dream where afterall he may become a next mankind succsesor or something.
adam11i13Mar 14, 2018 4:04 AM
Mar 19, 2018 8:11 AM

Aug 2010
End of Evangelion is a bad end right?
Apr 14, 2018 12:34 AM
Feb 2016
Hahahahahha what the FUCK
clown president general plue
Apr 14, 2018 12:37 AM
Feb 2016
CatSoul said:
Wow.

Visually, this film is a masterpiece. In terms of themes and specific scenes, it does provide a lot more of an explanation as to some things from the original TV series. Some scenes are definitely standout, such as the soup explosion and Shinji strangling Asuka. If you've wanted to see gore and Asuka/Rei's tits but felt ripped off by the PG-13 series, this movie delivers it.

But in terms of my overall experience?

That popteam epic image is exactly how I feel right now
clown president general plue
Apr 28, 2018 5:02 PM

Feb 2018
Ok......

Wait, what?

Uh, I guess it was O.K.?
I mean, I don't know what the hell I watched for the most of the time.

There was a lot of sexual stuff involved, that much I am sure.

I feel that the movie did more to raise the level of my confusion than to lower it. The original ending is much better.

I guess I will have to watch it a couple times more...
Aug 8, 2018 11:45 AM

Aug 2017
Well, I'm speechless again.

When I thought that the anime ending was a masterpiece, the movie finished the plot.

MASTERPIECE, AWESOME, GREATNESS. I can't describe how perfect NGE is.

I can see why NGE is popular. It deserve their popularity unlike many shows.

I'm feel sad for Misato, Shinji and Asuka. I hate Gendo but at least he feels like a human villain. Asuka's fight was great. In my opinion, the last two episodes of NGE happen in the movie in Shinji's mind.

MASTERPIECE.

10/10

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 21, 2018 9:04 PM

Jan 2013
well...one thing's for sure, its clear especially after this that i understand why everyone and their mom hates Shinji

and i guess this is why Rebuild is happening?
dannymilkAug 21, 2018 9:07 PM
Oct 4, 2018 6:49 AM

Apr 2014
Damn, I marathoned the whole TV-Series and this in 3 Days. Im fucked.

The weird part is I understand it all. It all made sense in an intuitive kind of way.

Dec 2, 2018 9:32 AM

Sep 2017
This is what I mean by bullshit.
The movie was shit. 6/10. No meaning at all.
But Rei is awesome

Cool down

Rei tsunderei

Rei always hot

Yui and Rei best girl.
Whatever. Glad I done with the bullshit. Only ones I love are Rei and yui. Rest can suck it
JeremiahOrangeDec 2, 2018 9:36 AM

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Dec 16, 2018 12:46 PM

Mar 2017
So, I just finished my rewatch of Evangelion. I also forced my mom to watch the whole thing this time around. You can read my post on the series finale's thread, or here:

I just wanted to mention some stuff I noticed on my third watch (I watched it a third time on my own, before rewatching the whole series with my mom). The jerk-off scene is still uncomfortable as fuck, and I am not sure it was necessary to include. I also forgot about all the vaginas and sexual moaning, and I am pretty sure there was some subliminal porn in there, too, which I didn't catch on my first or even my second watch. So that was fun. :P

I was almost moved to tears though, even though I knew what was happening. It's definitely not easy to digest, it might even be the most difficult thing to watch for me (maybe after the Western Animation movie "Waking Life"), period. But visually, and also with its great soundtrack, its messages... and jsut as a really epic ending to an epic story, it just works. If you are really invested in Shinji's character, and in the story, then this movie will wreck your brain - it's like an orgasm in animated form. I love it.

My mom hated it though. Well, the second half. She loved the Asuka fight, and the invasion of NERV headquarters. She didn't mention the jerk-off scene, but I also didn't ask her about it lol

Oh, and speaking of that scene. When I watched the movie for the first time, I was still pretty "innocent" when it came to what I thought was possible to show in anime. I actually didn't even understand what happened and my thought was literally like this: "Hmmm, it's just an awkward long scene again without dialogue. Nothing new. Shinji sure is breathing hard. Probably means nothing. Wait, why is there mashed potatoes on his hand? Doesn't really look like mashed potatoes... probably is some other food. Why did he say he was fucked up? Probably means nothing. (next scene at NERV headquarters) Hmm, yes, interesting. WAIT A MOMENT. WHAT THE FUCK. WHAT DID YOU DO SHINJI??? THAT WAS NOT MASHED POTATOES!!!" Then I paused the video, went back to that scene, watched it again, paused it again, and literally was speechless for a minute and disgusted as all hell. I am not exaggerating.

Anyway, 10/10.
Feb 9, 2019 8:33 AM

May 2018
souka
souka
and souka
Feb 10, 2019 8:23 PM

Aug 2018
EOE reminded me how much I disliked Shinji. He has to be the most annoying whiner on the planet. If I was Tang I’d stay Tang just so I wouldn’t have to deal with that kid. I hope Asuka gives him hell for all eternity.
NoviSunFeb 10, 2019 8:27 PM
May 17, 2019 1:34 PM
Apr 2016
Well, that was really really really disappointing. Expected a real closure, after all we went through, instead we got this plotless garbage, an attempt to express the show in a artistic way, but instead it's just a messy crap.

@Rei366 season one was great, the sequel movie was horrid.
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» A(No-Other) Psychanalytic Take on Evangelion's Angelology

rawruwu - Sep 19

5 by Lone_Wayfarer »»
Yesterday, 5:46 PM

» A(No-Other) Psychanalytic Take on Evangelion's Cosmology

rawruwu - Aug 7

6 by rawruwu »»
Sep 19, 4:34 PM

» A(No-Other) Psychoanalytic Take on "One More Final: I Need You"

rawruwu - Aug 2

9 by rawruwu »»
Aug 7, 11:47 AM

» Does the hospital scene count as a shock video?

JustSomeone15 - Jul 2

17 by TRVE_Levitoathan »»
Aug 2, 2:18 AM

» Is Evangelion really a work of art in what it rendered?

Thecrot - Jun 5

31 by Thecrot »»
Jul 3, 12:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.