Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 31, 2017 3:33 AM

Jun 2015
Whenever I'm in an anime chatgroup they assume that I'm a troll because my favorite list consisting of School days and fairy tail.

I also like mayoiga, sao and many more anime that are disliked a lot by people.

Is my animetaste really that bad? If it is why is it bad?
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 31, 2017 3:36 AM

Feb 2013
first thoughts.. 25% compatibility.. cant be that bad

>sees amanchu at 2

nope it really is that bad
Jul 31, 2017 3:41 AM

Aug 2015
There is no bad taste. Also tell the filthy casuals in your group that you like rainbow, that will teach them.
Jul 31, 2017 3:41 AM

Nov 2012
Compatibility: -4.4%

Yes, your taste is terrible, better fix that pronto.
Jul 31, 2017 3:47 AM

Feb 2015
Seems fine at a quick glance. I've seen way worse.
Jul 31, 2017 3:51 AM
Jul 2016
wait....is this group discussion a troll ???
Jul 31, 2017 4:00 AM

Aug 2015
Doesn't seem that bad to me. but who really cares, watch the shows you like. ignore what other people say
Jul 31, 2017 4:06 AM

Jun 2015
It's not that bad. It's more of inconsistent.

Okay, it's pretty bad.
Jul 31, 2017 4:12 AM

Apr 2017
just own it man. It's not super important. You don't have to fake opinions on shows to be accepted by randoms on the internet. Only 2 of those shows are really considered bad
Big breast are full of dreams, but small breast are full of hope.
Jul 31, 2017 4:14 AM

Feb 2016
@Tamakura-sama omg are u serious? I watched School Days and i think it's the most awful anime i ever watched '-'
And about fairy tail.. why so many ppl dislike it?
Jul 31, 2017 4:21 AM

Aug 2016
You like Kotori so it can't be that bad.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Jul 31, 2017 4:26 AM

Jan 2016
Wtf is a bad taste?
There is no shame in liking something. Screw people and their stupid half-assed group-but-individual-focused mentality... there seems to be a consensual hate against "normies" in anime fandom, so cases when adults are acting like stupid kids occur after fairy tail or clannad get mentioned in a good light.

-24% affinity btw, lol
AllanEdgarDogeJul 31, 2017 4:33 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2017 4:31 AM
Jun 2017
I thought your ratings were alright and there's a 45% compatibility. Then I saw the low ratings for Drifters and the Monogatari series... Fight me IRL
Jul 31, 2017 4:34 AM
Jun 2017
SuperRed said:
Compatibility: -4.4%

Yes, your taste is terrible, better fix that pronto.
Says the guy who has no 10/10 on his list. What are you, an elitist? Tsk tsk
Jul 31, 2017 4:39 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Of course, you should put only Hajime no Ippo on your favorite anime and manga then put only Takamura as your favorite character, Kamogawa is fine too, there you go, an easy fix.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jul 31, 2017 4:40 AM

Jun 2015
Kuraokani said:
I thought your ratings were alright and there's a 45% compatibility. Then I saw the low ratings for Drifters and the Monogatari series... Fight me IRL

I didn't gave them a bad rating?

Lol I actually loved monogatari and thought drifters was okay
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jul 31, 2017 4:45 AM

Oct 2007
Maybe stop talking to autistics who take anime too seriously. Just a thought.
Jul 31, 2017 4:50 AM

Mar 2015
Kuromii said:
Maybe stop talking to autistics who take anime too seriously. Just a thought.

BUT BUT BUT... Anime is all about quality! we must find objective way to judge it!

anyways, OP, if some people judge you by your cartoon taste, they are probably not really a good person to begin with...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 31, 2017 4:51 AM

Feb 2016
Just because you like some different Animes doesn't mean you have a bad taste. I think your taste is decent. I don't think anybody has a bad taste.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Jul 31, 2017 4:59 AM

Mar 2015
YayaChibi said:
That's literally this entire fucking website lol
I think they'd have to leave MAL to prevent this shit lol

ehh... the database is really useful.. also forum surfing is really nice way to pass time or takeing a break (even when burn out watch/read manga)...

YayaChibi said:
No, they're just your average MAL users lol Which aren't good people, but yeh, you get used to it lol

i wonder what you got from looking down on others... sense of superiority?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 31, 2017 5:03 AM

Mar 2015
YayaChibi said:
Kuma said:

ehh... the database is really useful.. also forum surfing is really nice way to pass time or takeing a break (even when burn out watch/read manga)...

Yeh, it's pretty good, but the forums are worse then reddit lol

i wonder what you got from looking down on others... sense of superiority?

No lol. Just the need to shitpost and bait some more lol. I'm not into that sadist shit lol

hey, at least it's not facebook, or youtube, or 4ch...
Jul 31, 2017 5:04 AM

Feb 2013
Nobody has bad taste.
Taste is something personal, it's not like if you like stuff that people hate for no good reason makes you the one who's wrong, the ones who waste their time hating it are the ones to blame.
Jul 31, 2017 5:09 AM

Jun 2014
Your taste isn't the most awful there is, but yeah I think it's bad.
Jul 31, 2017 5:10 AM

Mar 2016
I don't really care what anime someone likes or dislikes, as long as they aren't forcing their views on me.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Jul 31, 2017 5:11 AM

Mar 2015
YayaChibi said:
Kuma said:

hey, at least it's not facebook, or youtube, or 4ch...

Does anyone even use facebook anymore? Now it's the thot magnet Instagram lol And youtube is fucking cancerous lol 4chan's alright lol
Remember the days when 4chan was an anime website for emo ass kids lol?
Yeah, MAL might be a bit better, but not far off from those two lol

at least, there is moderation here so i don't have to facing shit posting and when try to discuss, you get spammed by waifu picture or one liner insult...
Jul 31, 2017 5:13 AM

Jan 2013
Well you share 110 with me and that's a compatibility of 30.8% so I'd say you have mostly the same as me.

Also you have Angel Beats and "get chance and luck" no doubt means you like TK, soooo no, your taste is good.

But why does it matter though? You don't watch anime to impress people with "my tastes are better," if you like it, you like it. Think this way, on some stats there are people giving shows 10/10 and some giving it 1/10, both are valid.
I live to make the impossible, possible. - Lightning, FF13

Kindness without strength will make others devour you. Strength without kindness will make you devour yourself. - nightcore34.

If I could choose between knowing absolutely everything in the universe or having one normal apple to eat. I'd choose the apple. For knowing everything, means experiencing nothing. - nightcore34

The worst people are not those who do evil knowing its wrong. It's those who do wrong thinking, believing, they have the right to do so. - nightcore34

None can stand the ticking of the clock. All will fall with the Reapers knock. - nightcore34
Jul 31, 2017 5:18 AM
Jun 2017
Takamura-sama said:
Kuraokani said:

Lmao, dude. You gave like 4 of the arcs/seasons and the movie a 5/10. That means they were "fair", not good, not great, but fair. How can you say you thought Drifters was "okay" and you "loved" Monogatari but you gave them the same rating?

Jul 31, 2017 5:21 AM

Jun 2015
Kuraokani said:
Takamura-sama said:

Lmao, dude. You gave like 4 of the arcs/seasons and the movie a 5/10. That means they were "fair", not good, not great, but fair. How can you say you thought Drifters was "okay" and you "loved" Monogatari but you gave them the same rating?

Monogatari has a lot of seasons.
For example I gave monogatari second season a 9.
And Bakemonogatari I think an 8 or maybe even 7.
Owarimonogatari I think a 7 or 8 as well.

Nise and the others were just good.
While Kizu was just plainly let's be honest bad
Check how I rate on my profile. a 5 is a good rating in my opinion.

while 4 is average but enjoyable.

And if this doesn't help I have Monogatari novels as a 10/10

How doesn't that make me a monogatari fanboy?
Jul 31, 2017 5:22 AM

Aug 2008
Those who think you got bad taste or troll are elitist then.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jul 31, 2017 5:47 AM
Jun 2017
Takamura-sama said:
Kuraokani said:

Monogatari has a lot of seasons.
For example I gave monogatari second season a 9.
And Bakemonogatari I think an 8 or maybe even 7.
Owarimonogatari I think a 7 or 8 as well.

Nise and the others were just good.
While Kizu was just plainly let's be honest bad
Check how I rate on my profile. a 5 is a good rating in my opinion.

while 4 is average but enjoyable.

And if this doesn't help I have Monogatari novels as a 10/10

How doesn't that make me a monogatari fanboy?
You didn't like the movies? That's surprising. I'm just messing with you man. The only person with bad taste on MAL is @EcchiKingMamster ;p
Jul 31, 2017 5:49 AM

Feb 2015
38.5% compatibility, quite high, hey bro :)
Jul 31, 2017 5:51 AM

Jan 2016
romagia said:

>sees amanchu at 2

The truth has been spoken, time to close this thread.
Jul 31, 2017 5:59 AM

May 2017
Well i would say i don't watch anime fir others I watch it for myself and if some one says your taste is bad then i would simply say i don't give shit about what you have to say because at the end i am happy which matters the most
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2017 6:03 AM

Jun 2016
Not really a big fan of your favorite anime, but you do have some good favorites like AoT, Clannad and School days.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Jul 31, 2017 6:08 AM
Jun 2013
I don't believe in a such thing as bad taste in anything. I don't agree with a lot of your ratings, and some of your ratings don't make much sense to me (like how you liked School Days more than Higurashi), but everyone has there own taste, and I try to respect them. I've seen lists that I've disagreed more with. Objectively though, I'd have to say your list is actually impressive, because it's out of the norm. You don't just agree with everyone else just to agree. You have your own opinion. I respect that!
Jul 31, 2017 6:32 AM

Feb 2010
The real question is "Are you really that insecure about your taste?".
I probably regret this post by now.
Jul 31, 2017 6:34 AM

Apr 2017
romagia said:
first thoughts.. 25% compatibility.. cant be that bad

>sees amanchu at 2

-- Bruh... Amanchu is LIT!!!!! :D --

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Jul 31, 2017 6:35 AM

Jun 2015
Pullman said:

no not really...

I just wanted to confirm
Jul 31, 2017 6:36 AM

Feb 2010
Takamura-sama said:
Pullman said:

no not really...

I just wanted to confirm

Well, needing confirmation of others instead of being confident in your own judgments is kinda the definition of insecurity, is it not?
Jul 31, 2017 6:37 AM

Jun 2015
Pullman said:
Takamura-sama said:

no not really...

I just wanted to confirm

Well, needing confirmation of others instead of being confident in your own judgments is kinda the definition of insecurity, is it not?

No, not really.....

You're logic is off

Jul 31, 2017 6:39 AM

Apr 2015
Pullman said:

This is gold. reminds me to this ironic laughingstock I used to made.
Jul 31, 2017 6:42 AM

Jun 2015
You said:
Pullman said:

This is gold. reminds me to this ironic laughingstock I used to made.

I am the greatest of all time. How can I feel insecure?

Logic
Jul 31, 2017 6:42 AM

Feb 2010
Takamura-sama said:
Pullman said:

No, not really.....

You're logic is off

I'm pretty sure it's your english that's off if you don't know the meaning of insecurity. That is literally what insecurity means, a lack of confidence in yourself, in your own judgments. In your case, your own taste/preferences. Requiring confirmation from others to feel at ease is a prime symptom for that.

But by all means keep lying to yourself while you beg for confirmation from random internet strangers. Pretty sure nobody else sees that as a sign of confidence aside from you, apparently.

The only alterntive is that you were baiting from the start. Were you?
Jul 31, 2017 6:46 AM

Dec 2015
>-15% compatibility
>Fairy Tail, School Days and Code Geass in favs

Aw hell yeah.
Jul 31, 2017 6:46 AM

Jun 2015
Pullman said:
Takamura-sama said:

No, not really.....

You're logic is off

I'm pretty sure it's your english that's off if you don't know the meaning of insecurity. That is literally what insecurity means, a lack of confidence in yourself, in your own judgments. In your case, your own taste/preferences. Requiring confirmation from others to feel at ease is a prime symptom for that.

But by all means keep lying to yourself while you beg for confirmation from random internet strangers. Pretty sure nobody else sees that as a sign of confidence aside from you, apparently.

The only alterntive is that you were baiting from the start. Were you?

I'll just requote my previous post..
''I am the greatest of all time. How can I feel insecure?

Logic''

And I just wanted to know what others thought of my taste.

I, the great Karim, am by no means insecure about anything except maybe my height.
Jul 31, 2017 6:47 AM

Jun 2011
I am told I have shit taste often. We have a 13% compatibility.

Mostly for things like School Days. Also not understanding the lack of liking of Renai Bouken. Was for real top tier.

:P

But it is good to go against the herd. Going to say this, your average makes you look like an elitist. You should watch more anime you love. I like my 6 average because much like the anime I watch, I am niche audiences only. At 5 though, you are just trash.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Jul 31, 2017 6:50 AM

Feb 2015
You give a very big score to anime that do not deserve it, but what actually matters is if you enjoy it or not. Why would you watch and copy someone and not enjoy yourself? Just get over it.

41.2% here btw
Jul 31, 2017 6:51 AM

Feb 2010
'Is my taste really that bad?' and 'I am the greatest!' are kind of contradictions. Nobody who thinks the latter would ever phrase a question like the former. Unless for baiting/trolling purposes when they're not being genuine. So I ask again, is this the true purpose of your thread?
Jul 31, 2017 6:51 AM

Oct 2010
Having bad taste is a constitutional right so don't let people blame you for that.
Jul 31, 2017 6:54 AM

Aug 2013
Clannad, Little Busters and Steins;Gate in fav list, so nope.
Much better than elitists with only 80s and 90s series, or others with stadard set: Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, Texhnolyze, Ippo, Ergo Proxy, Evangelion, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann etc.
rsc-plJul 31, 2017 6:57 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Making time to watch anime in daily life.

9765 - 1 hour ago

4 by Stomiks »»
3 minutes ago

» A very personal question

passtur - Yesterday

32 by kagamiiin »»
4 minutes ago

» What are the requirements for an anime to get "reanimated"?

Ventus_S - 11 hours ago

6 by GamerDLM »»
7 minutes ago

» Anime you wouldn't watch?

coolyfruity - Yesterday

29 by JoeChip »»
19 minutes ago

» Do you have animes you've rated 5 and under on your completed list, why?

melodyily - 11 hours ago

33 by Teirayo »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.