Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 15, 4:01 PM

Dec 2023
It can be a genre, era, specific title, etc.

I won't watch yaoi anime because I'm paranoid.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 15, 4:01 PM

Aug 2021
I want to watch One Piece but don't know if I ever could because of the length.
Jun 15, 4:14 PM

Jun 2019
There are no anime I wouldn't watch due to inherent aversion to some aspect of it on principle or something like that. I'll watch anything of any age/airdate, length/episode count, genres, studio, art and animation style, etc.

It all depends on whether there is anything with any promise in the synopsis.
Jun 15, 4:17 PM

Dec 2021
A lot of anime tagged "gore", specifically Higurashi. It just looks like the sort of thing that would really not sit well with me if I watched it. There's also hentai. I don't get "turned on" by anything in anime (Hence why it says I hate it on my profile), so hentai serves no function for me, since that's almost always the sole purpose it intends to serve.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. ๐Ÿ™‚ But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Jun 15, 4:29 PM

Oct 2013
I wasn't going to watch Manyuu Hikenchou, because it looked like some of the characters exceeded my size limit, but I'm watching it now for the absurdity. No idea if I'll watch the whole thing though.

As for things I probably will never touch..Most sports, slice of life, magical girl or idol anime. Any pure romance anime. The rest of Gintama. The rest of One Piece. Boruto.
Jun 15, 4:33 PM

Dec 2020
Nothing, why would I not watch something because of its genre or title or something? Thats dumb.

Also what do you mean by paranoid?
Jun 15, 4:50 PM

Aug 2021
CGDCT

id be more entertained watching old ladies' daily lives, cute grandmas doing cute things possibly
Jun 15, 4:57 PM

Aug 2017
I actually have sort of a criteria for what anime I watch.

1. Isn't illegal.
2. Is dubbed. (Not a requirement, but preferred)
3. Is 25 episodes or less. (Not a requirement, but heavily preferred)

Everything that falls outside this criteria, I more or less never watch.
Jun 15, 4:59 PM

Sep 2022
Hentai is the only anime I am certain I will never watch.
Jun 15, 5:01 PM

Oct 2017
I am not really sure if I am ever going to watch Naruto or not due to the pacing in the anime adaptation and all the filler. I'm able to tolerate it with One Piece, but I don't think I have time for 2 shows with high amounts of filler and stretching for time
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Jun 15, 5:04 PM

Dec 2018
One Piece (too long), Pokemon Journeys (dropped it early on), Boruto, hentai

Jun 15, 5:37 PM

May 2018
I usually don't chalk off things, unless I have tried those.
For example I will never finish Eva or Naruto - those aren't my cup of tea. Also I have tried some Shinkai movies and I am not finishing those or watching others of his beyond that.
Jun 15, 6:48 PM

Jul 2023
If neither the title, the image(s), nor the description / summary intrigues me, I don't watch the anime.

I am open to any genre, but my mood for specific genres changes from time to time. If I want to feel some suspense, I will look at a mystery anime. When I'm in the mood to see some magic, I choose a fantasy anime. Whenever I want to take a break from fictional violence, slice of life is my go-to for that.
I am using the best palette swap.
Jun 15, 6:54 PM

Dec 2012
There are really only a couple things that will stop me from watching something before I start:

Length- It's hard to work up the motivation to watch something that requires a lot of time invested in it to finish. Also my experience has been that most of them are filler-filled, repetitive, time-wasting disappointments because it's really hard to make something long that's actually consistently good. I have a self-imposed cutoff at around 300 episodes.

Reputation- The work has a well-known, credible reputation for being something I don't enjoy or don't agree with. For instance something soul-crushingly depressing.

The Description: The story does not interest me.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Jun 15, 10:17 PM

Feb 2020
One Piece and Detective Conan for example.
Jun 16, 4:06 AM

Sep 2016
"Anime you wouldn't watch?"

Any yaoi hentai.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jun 16, 4:49 AM

Mar 2020
Any anime that exceeds 100 episodes.
Jun 16, 4:53 AM

Jul 2021
Hentai and anime with bad adaptations
Jun 16, 5:11 AM

Jan 2020
Hentai anime is a must-avoid for me of course.

Jun 16, 5:19 AM

Jan 2023
Yaoi no doubt I really can't stand watching that
Jun 16, 5:21 AM

Jan 2023
Reply to Serafos
One Piece and Detective Conan for example.
@Serafos you really have something for One Piece huh detective Conan I understand but come on One Piece is a master piece
Jun 16, 5:36 AM

Apr 2024
shitty edgy male lead shows for sure or some r-slur het harem shows
Jun 16, 5:38 AM

Apr 2018
A friend that I had forced me to watch entire K-on season 1 just because he didn't want to do his part of a college project unless I finished it... I certainly enjoyed it, but would never watch the second season ever just to not remember that bastard
Jun 16, 6:05 AM
Sep 2013
Any anime with hundreds and hundreds of episodes.
Like one piece or naruto or whatever.

Having 50+ episodes is one thing. Hell, even something like DBZ is fine.
I have no desire to take literal years to get caught up. I can't imagine,say, 600+ episodes being satisfying. They'd have to have a ton of filler or stretch/delay out the protagonist's goals & progress forever. I struggle to see how that'd be interesting after so long
Jun 16, 6:30 AM

Oct 2022
I REFUSE to watch Jojos, I know a lot of people like it but it just looks so weird for me.
)
Jun 16, 6:43 AM

Oct 2019
None, I love stories and I will watch anything as long as it's good
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Animeใ€ŒAMVใ€: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jun 16, 6:47 AM

Feb 2020
I usually avoid mecha mostly like the plague but I have seen a few of them, gundam is good and 86 for sure
other than that some yaoi would never be in my strike zone if there are not femboys/twinks
just not my thing

I used to absolutely be against one piece and watching it but now i'm watching it, so far Fairy Tale I will never get past the first episode of I know that for sure

Jun 16, 7:18 AM

Sep 2017
Hentai and over-the-top ecchi (comedy ecchi are somewhat ok). I really dislike fanservice in general so those two types of anime aren't for me.
Jun 16, 9:19 AM

Apr 2015
Yaoi/Yuri trash and battle shounen stuff.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jun 16, 9:21 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to Sillz_22
@Serafos you really have something for One Piece huh detective Conan I understand but come on One Piece is a master piece
@Sillz_22

I think Detective Conan is better than One Piece.
Jun 16, 10:14 AM

Mar 2020
Kodomo no Jikan I watched 1 episode on a streaming service before i had mal and dindt bother looking it up and was just blown away by the fact it aired on TV in japan like its normal for 3rd graders to attempt to get eechi with their teacher.
enigmasauceJun 16, 12:49 PM

Jun 16, 10:27 AM
Jun 2024
Reply to GotSpinz
@GotSpinz just lock in you can do it. that's what every guy before starting op says (including me) but now that im on episode 1020 im just sad that soon ill catch up and have to wait a week for a new episode now i just wish that there where a 1000 more episodes
Jun 16, 11:50 AM

Jul 2013
I don't wanna watch Attack on Titan because it is too edgy.
Jun 16, 12:15 PM
แ•™(โ‡€โ€ธโ†ผโ€ถ)แ•—

Aug 2014
There is no anime that I would not try, but you can assume most I will not get to due to time, interest, or otherwise.
Jun 16, 12:22 PM

Sep 2007
Mainly yuri and yaoi, but I'm generally fine if there some elements in it and not so "in-your.-face" way
Jun 16, 12:23 PM
Apr 2024
I haven't watched Bleach, One Piece, or any yaoi.
Jun 16, 1:42 PM
Nov 2022
Competition anime, even if it's something I would have loved otherwise like Future GPX, Red Baron, and Daigunder.
Jun 16, 3:16 PM

Jun 2024
I usually avoid lewd stuff, but sometimes two guys kissing can be irresistible.

๐“๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ผ๐“ธ, ๐”€๐“ฎ ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ซ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ ๐“ช ๐“ฏ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฝ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐”€๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ
๐“๐”€๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฟ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“”๐“ต๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐“›๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ญ
๐“ค๐“ท๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ผ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ฌ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“ฎ, ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ผ๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ต๐“ญ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฌ๐“ป๐“ธ๐”€๐“ท
Jun 16, 4:10 PM

Feb 2023
Beastars, Odd Taxi, and anything like them. I despise furries with a passion.
Jun 17, 2:36 AM

Jan 2023
Reply to JoeChip
@Sillz_22

I think Detective Conan is better than One Piece.
@JoeChip have you actually tried One Piece
Jun 17, 5:13 AM

Jul 2013
Yuri/Yaoi mainly as I am probably not the target audience.
I will also avoid music & idol anime since I mostly don't enjoy pop music and idol anime makes me cringe.

Now the generic isekai are also slowly falling into this category as I no longer enjoy watching them...I still have some I am currently watching but I will express by dissatisfaction through the rating once completed.
Jun 17, 5:24 AM

Feb 2014
For me it's the biggest ones, the ones that basically started anime such as dragonball, one piece, naruto and such they've never attracted me and i don't like the artwork of them also the fact of how many episodes there are of them too which is way too much for me to be interested even more on them.
Jun 17, 5:28 AM

Jan 2009
i guess pure slice of life anime shows
Jun 17, 5:33 AM

Apr 2013
I won't watch Dungeon Meshi, even though friends recommended it. I just don't see anything in it that I might find interesting.
Jun 17, 1:11 PM
Mar 2024
I will never watch yaoi and shounen-ai. I'm definitely not going into that dense forest. I'll leave it to the ladies and gentlemen who enjoy it.
Jun 17, 1:17 PM

Apr 2018
None, because good anime is good anime.
Jun 17, 8:58 PM

Jun 2014
Reply to GotSpinz
@GotSpinz

^This

I just don't know if I can commit to something that long. I'd rather just read the manga.
Jun 17, 9:01 PM

Apr 2015
What are you afraid of, OP? The anime guys aren't gonna come through the screen and put it in your butt.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jun 17, 9:28 PM

May 2018
I'd still give an anime that belongs to these genres a chance but generally I avoid:

ecchi
harem/reverse
mecha
cgdct
idol
yaoi/yuri

there are some exceptions out there but I've learned that these are not quite my taste
can't yuck my yum

Jun 17, 9:49 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to LSSJ_Gaming
I am not really sure if I am ever going to watch Naruto or not due to the pacing in the anime adaptation and all the filler. I'm able to tolerate it with One Piece, but I don't think I have time for 2 shows with high amounts of filler and stretching for time
@LSSJ_Gaming
Naruto is great specially OG Naruto. just use google and search naruto without fillers. and there is a list that tells you the episodes that you should skip.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Why your profile picture is your profile picture? ( 1 2 )

Zakatsuki_ - 8 hours ago

64 by katsukidayou »»
2 minutes ago

» Anyone else makes anime AI art?

Osamunau - 19 minutes ago

1 by DesuMaiden »»
8 minutes ago

» Watching super low rated anime?

ZakuF_ - 2 hours ago

10 by DesuMaiden »»
10 minutes ago

» What are the best seasons for anime in your opinion?

SupremeGod - 1 hour ago

1 by GrimmerBlue »»
19 minutes ago

» ๐Ÿ“ AD Best Seiyuu Contest

Shizuna - 7 hours ago

39 by Osamunau »»
21 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.